AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: In-house Art Competition (Inktober)

Here is where discussions will occur regarding layouts, events, surveys, and other site activities and changes. Please keep any criticism appropriate and constructive. We look forward to hearing your ideas and feedback!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Will you be participating in the In-house Art Competition (Inktober)?

Poll runs till Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:08 pm

Yes.
9%
I plan to.
13%
No.
30%
I can't art :/
48%

Total votes: 23
important
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:46 am

Gamora wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:42 pm
    • Do we know when we are going to get the results for 100 Days of Summer? The past two years it was only a day or two after, so I'm just curious.
    • the results of the event and polls can now be found here! thank you guys for your patience!

congratulations to everyone who participated!!
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Re: AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: 100 Days of Summer

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:52 am

XP thank you
congrats guys and gals
thunderofthedrum
Admin

Re: AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: None

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:18 am

Man, it's always really interesting to see the feedback through the event polls! I know not everyone is a fan of the challenges but that some enjoy them. It's currently neck and neck between the three options in the poll in the announcement. From a writing standpoint, I generally really like them, though I'll admit there were a few that really tripped me up and would not appeal. I bet it's also hard since users don't really know what sorts of challenges to expect. For the most part I try to keep them related to points of view, wordcount, and writing style such as poems, but we varied it a smidgen more this year and I'm so curious to hear what people thought.
Happy October!

- Finalize the AS survey results - working on it!
- Update the anon box thread - working on it!
- Announce new Overseer ✔
- Catch up on PMs
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Add new areas to Explicit board ✔
- Dear Stag ✔
- 100 DoS follow up poll
- Update the team page ✔
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the September blueberries!
Gamora
Black Belt

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:24 am

thunderofthedrum wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:18 am
Man, it's always really interesting to see the feedback through the event polls! I know not everyone is a fan of the challenges but that some enjoy them. It's currently neck and neck between the three options in the poll in the announcement. From a writing standpoint, I generally really like them, though I'll admit there were a few that really tripped me up and would not appeal. I bet it's also hard since users don't really know what sorts of challenges to expect. For the most part I try to keep them related to points of view, wordcount, and writing style such as poems, but we varied it a smidgen more this year and I'm so curious to hear what people thought.
    • I LOVED the idea of the challenge days, but there were just some I didn’t particularly like haha. Less curveball type stuff next year would be ideal imo!
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. only here for roleplays & character
      development. please don't pm me at this time.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

thunderofthedrum
Admin

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 am

I totally get it!! It'd be great to hear from people and get an idea of what challenges were a reasonable amount of challenging and which ones were too tough to work with. For example, I personally L O V E poem challenges, but some of the team did not agree. xDD
Happy October!

- Finalize the AS survey results - working on it!
- Update the anon box thread - working on it!
- Announce new Overseer ✔
- Catch up on PMs
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Add new areas to Explicit board ✔
- Dear Stag ✔
- 100 DoS follow up poll
- Update the team page ✔
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the September blueberries!
Gamora
Black Belt

Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:28 am

• I love you Thunder, but please never make me write from the perspective of an inanimate object again xD
      I’m indifferent to poems but I know a lot of people don’t particularly like them! I definitely gotta be in the mood to write one.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐

└────────────────────┘

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:50 pm

thunderofthedrum wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 am
I totally get it!! It'd be great to hear from people and get an idea of what challenges were a reasonable amount of challenging and which ones were too tough to work with. For example, I personally L O V E poem challenges, but some of the team did not agree. xDD
I honestly loved how varied the challenges were this year!! ♥
While quite a few were still style-related or dealt with POVs, I adored the few that were related to the content itself of the prompt we had to write. Of course, I do get how it wasn't everyone's cup of tea (I'm not too fond of poetry myself, haha), but, compared to the previous years, I loved these ones the most.
Maybe it was also that these were much more challenging when it came to writing, e.g. writing in 2nd person or from the POV of an inanimate object.
I feel like it represented that spirit of 100 DoS quite well; that it's not only a fun thing to do but also one that requires a bit of effort and thought to finish. :)
Gamora
Black Belt

Re: AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: In-house Art Competition (Inktober)

Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:09 pm

• Added a new poll, just for fun!
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐

└────────────────────┘

sylver
Attendant

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:54 am

• while i didn't really participate much in 100 DoS because i lacked muse & motivation, i did think the callenges were quite fun this year! personally, i despise writing poems, but can see why it might be fun to a lot of other people (or challening to those like me). i really enjoyed the concept of the challenges that were more "out there", like only writing a 10 word story, or not using any dialogue, since they were fairly unique imo. mental note: make sure roadtrip is not one of the prompts in 2020 :')

as for the art competition, i'd love to participate, but i don't really do art anymore. too frustrating since i'm always hyperfocused on every small mistake/flaw of the piece that i can't fix for one reason or another. i'm really excited to see some submissions though! love looking at art~
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:02 pm

I'd love to do the art thing, but...haven't been doing much art since like a year and a half ago. Also, gonna be gone 4-5 days next week