Site Change/Addition Requests - Please Read New Rule.

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.
evergreen moving
Red Belt
House: Unsorted

Re: Site Change/Addition Requests - Please Read New Rule.

Post by evergreen moving » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:49 am

ok, so, I really only need an explanation but I'm not sure what's wrong with the fonts?
while the default small works, I try to change it to a smaller size and it does not work.
I'll link an example below, but my forms are still wonky because the font sizes are
broken, I guess. for example, this post is supposed to be size 85, but it does not work.

but for some reason, I changed this size and it works (size 80),, but it doesn't seem to be working
when surrounded by a bunch of other codes.

Deer
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Post by Deer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:53 am

evergreen. wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:49 am
ok, so, I really only need an explanation but I'm not sure what's wrong with the fonts?
while the default small works, I try to change it to a smaller size and it does not work.
I'll link an example below, but my forms are still wonky because the font sizes are
broken, I guess. for example, this post is supposed to be size 85, but it does not work.

but for some reason, I changed this size and it works (size 80),, but it doesn't seem to be working
when surrounded by a bunch of other codes.

You can't wrap a size bbcode around a list tag, but that is what you are doing. Your posting format needs to be {list}{size=85} text{/size}{/list}. That isn't the case in your posts. It has been mentioned here in both Strider's post as the changelog.
I'm trash at replying. Expect weekend replies if our roleplay is casual paced.
Imagexx
Imagexx
xx
xx

xx
xx
xx

Replies:
algorythm [x][x]
cider [x]
fandom [x]
kami []
jazzy [x] [x]
maya [x]

She's my favorite
hello, and my
hardest goodbye.
xx
xx
xx

buck
Orange Belt
House: Vipera

Post by buck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 am

• i didn't see anything about this on the previous pages but @stevie and i are both experiencing an issue where the coding on posts looks fine when we find said post through the board index/notifications, but when we find it through quick links --> bookmarks, it's messed up?
    the font for everything through bookmarks is smaller than it is when gone through board index/notifications, and it can't just be me/my site width because she sees it too

examples;
    post through bookmarks/ control panel vs. through notifs/board index
    header through bookmarks vs. re-opening the site
    board preferences through your bookmarks --> board preferences vs. board preferences using the option under your name --> board preferences
    obviously it isn't really a problem with your name and picture and whatnot, but since the font and everything is smaller on the post too, it messes up the coding quite a bit. not really sure if this can be fixed or why it does that, but i thought i should point it out anyways in case anyone comes across the same issue

and then once you go to something using that quick link, the site remains in that smaller font no matter where you go until you re-open the site completely... if that makes sense. i guess in essence it seems like using the quick links 'your bookmarks' button sizes the font down a bit

Deer
Silver Belt

Re:

Post by Deer » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 am

buck wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 am
  • i didn't see anything about this on the previous pages but @stevie and i are both experiencing an issue where the coding on posts looks fine when we find said post through the board index/notifications, but when we find it through quick links --> bookmarks, it's messed up?
    the font for everything through bookmarks is smaller than it is when gone through board index/notifications, and it can't just be me/my site width because she sees it too

examples;
    post through bookmarks/ control panel vs. through notifs/board index
    header through bookmarks vs. re-opening the site
    board preferences through your bookmarks --> board preferences vs. board preferences using the option under your name --> board preferences
    obviously it isn't really a problem with your name and picture and whatnot, but since the font and everything is smaller on the post too, it messes up the coding quite a bit. not really sure if this can be fixed or why it does that, but i thought i should point it out anyways in case anyone comes across the same issue

and then once you go to something using that quick link, the site remains in that smaller font no matter where you go until you re-open the site completely... if that makes sense. i guess in essence it seems like using the quick links 'your bookmarks' button sizes the font down a bit
I have been tweaking the font and font size a few days ago, so it can be that the old font is still cached on some browser pages. Have you tried to hard refresh (ctrl + f5) the pages with smaller fonts? If yes, did they change after that?

In addition: I don't have this problem when following your steps, so I really think it might be the cache of your browsers for the site.
I'm trash at replying. Expect weekend replies if our roleplay is casual paced.
Imagexx
Imagexx
xx
xx

xx
xx
xx

Replies:
algorythm [x][x]
cider [x]
fandom [x]
kami []
jazzy [x] [x]
maya [x]

She's my favorite
hello, and my
hardest goodbye.
xx
xx
xx

buck
Orange Belt

Post by buck » Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:31 pm

DeerInYourHeadlights wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:25 am
buck wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:05 am
I have been tweaking the font and font size a few days ago, so it can be that the old font is still cached on some browser pages. Have you tried to hard refresh (ctrl + f5) the pages with smaller fonts? If yes, did they change after that?

In addition: I don't have this problem when following your steps, so I really think it might be the cache of your browsers for the site.
hard refresh doesn't fix it, but again, it's not that much of an issue, i usually don't go through posts using the bookmarks quick link anyways. i just thought that i should mention it in case anyone else sees that their posts are a bit messed up when they go through it, you know? because i was super confused when i used that quick link and my post looked all funky, when in a different tab through the notifications link it was perfectly fine lol

apathy
Brown Belt

Post by apathy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:15 pm

• heyhey, just checking in to see if there's been any progress with the posts being updated? [as in showing up in the user's 'my posts' area]

supernova.
Orange Belt

Post by supernova. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:44 pm

For the site, I was wondering why it hasn't been monetized yet. Add on some ads and make some money, even if it's pennies for each ad viewed, it may be able to help with site up keep. Anyone who is really put off by ads could simply use an ad block. Again, even if it's only quarters and dimes if something needs to be done for the site that requires some kind of money to be put down, wouldn't even having that much be worth it?
Currently going inpatient at a hospital will probably still have my phone or access to a computer one way or another.

not in a good space, not sure if I'm gonna keep this account. sorry. if i do it'll be for one or two roleplays. everything else will be cleared and no new roleplays will be accepted.

cognomen
Blue Belt

Post by cognomen » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:03 pm

supernova. wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:44 pm
For the site, I was wondering why it hasn't been monetized yet. Add on some ads and make some money, even if it's pennies for each ad viewed, it may be able to help with site up keep. Anyone who is really put off by ads could simply use an ad block. Again, even if it's only quarters and dimes if something needs to be done for the site that requires some kind of money to be put down, wouldn't even having that much be worth it?
This is an excellent idea. Ads aren't debilitating for users, and I think most of us could agree that the site benefits would outweight the sidebars.

scorch.
Purple Belt

Post by scorch. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:07 am

Spacing on different threads is still kinda funky. A lot of text appears in a line down the side when I'm on mobile.
So I'm sorry. I know have replies promised but my laptop broke so my replies will be slowed.

Replies:
Actually.a.lannister
Dragon King
Direwolf
Cerberus
Grengirl

thunderofthebun
Administrator

Post by thunderofthebun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:09 am

scorch. wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:07 am
Spacing on different threads is still kinda funky. A lot of text appears in a line down the side when I'm on mobile.
That's due to excessive use of the 'list' tag, from what I have seen. The mobile does display in a more 'mobile' way whereas the old site did not. I am not sure at this time what we will try to do about mobile display though, if anything.
Obey the rules or walk the plank.