One More Star in the Sky. - Please Read.

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.
cσммαиdєя รнєραяd
Global Moderator
House: Vipera

Re: One More Star in the Sky. - Please Read.

Post by cσммαиdєя รнєραяd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:43 pm

• I've been putting this off for a while, because I didn't know him as well as everyone else did, and I didn't want to take away from those who did in any way shape or form. This really fucking hurt, just to know that he's no longer there. He and I were never close, but when we did talk he was always more concerned about me and my problems. Making sure I was okay, making sure I had everything I needed. It's fucking tearing me to pieces that he was so selfless, so kind and caring that he would put others before himself.

I never knew how bad it really was, only knowing that he was sick. While I am selfish when I say I wish he had continued to fight, I know that it is wrong. I know that he's no longer hurting anymore, and with wishful thinking I hope he really is in a better place, looking down at all he loves with adoring eyes and watching as you all continue to thrive in this community that he built for us all.

My inbox is always open if you need someone to talk to. We all grieve in this time of sorrow and heartbreak, but together we will thrive and continue to build off of what Strider has given us. May his soul find peace and comfort in the embrace of the stars, may his eyes light up the sky on a dark night to watch over his loved ones and give them both guidance and protection. Rest in peace, Strider, and thank you for giving me every opportunity you did.

eagle
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Post by eagle » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:15 pm

• i... was trying to think how i could say everything that i've been thinking. and i'm
      still not sure if i got it right. but i'm going to try, yeah

i didn't know strider well, by any means. i didn't know him, but the amount of respect
      i have for him is, in a word, immense. and what he's done for me was even greater.
      anyone who looks through my posts from ttay thread from three or four years ago could
      see that i was in a bad, bad place. but this place got me through it. when i fought with
      my parents for years about going to college for writing, when i felt that i had no one
      who cared, this community kept me going.
      i'm going on five years here, and i couldn't be more grateful for strider's making this site.
      without it, without him, i don't know where i would be now. this site has played a major
      part in my turning from a sad and angry 14 year old into someone i'm happy to be. thank
      you, strider, for everything. this community lives on because of him, and that's simply
      beautiful.

and my inbox is open, for anyone, at any time. whether it's about this, or anything, i'm here
      to listen or talk, always.

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas

Post by Kami » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 pm

It's been a while since I've found out about what happened. This whole thing still weighs as heavily on my heart today as it had when I had first heard.

I and Strident weren't close. But I knew that he was a good, selfless man. He always put others in front of himself and he rarely opened up about his own problems. The one thing I know for certain is that he cared about AS and its community very very much - I still recall when there was drama going on in Sagacitas over the new layout and I tried to put in some positivity and tell what was good about the new layout even if it was still early in the works, he messaged me and thanked me for doing that. He just cared so much about all of us here and that is how I'll always remember him - loving and kind. I don't know what else to say apart from what I've put in my letter.

I know that he wouldn't want us to linger on this and be sad about it for very long. He is very proud of us for keeping this place flourishing and full of joy and laughter for all kinds of writers that have found a safe haven in AS. And for that, Wine Dad, I bow down to you; you've done a great job and your legacy will be remembered.

cerise
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Post by cerise » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:51 pm

• You know, I've been struggling with trying to figure out what to say.
      The news hit me like a...like a damn semi-truck, honestly. Strider and I were
      quite close my first few years on the site. I'll never forget the way he welcomed
      me, looked out for me, and supported me. When I came back from hiatus, he
      brought me back in with open arms...he introduced me to new people, he even
      checked to make sure I was feeling alright when he knew something might
      be difficult for me. He was my friend. I considered him a role model for a while.
      He was there for me when I needed it, and I got the sense that he truly cared.
      I don't really have the words to accurately express how I feel about this. He
      was a guide, a friend, a mentor, the brunt of many of my jokes (all in good fun),
      and much more. Advanced Scribes is incredibly important to me, and Strider was
      the one that made it all happen. I really can't put this eloquently, it doesn't work.
      I'll miss you, buddy. I'll miss you a lot. Rest in peace, Strider. Thank you.

malamar
Bronze Belt

Post by malamar » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:26 am

Oh god, oh my goodness. We have had a few conversations here and there, especially when this website was just beginning, and then we fell short after that. The last time I talked to him was sometime last year, I cant even remember what the conversation was but I always enjoyed talking to him. he always remembered me as malamar

I dont know how to feel

May he rest in peace
-
-
-
─────────────────────────────────────────────
Image-
hello im malamar :) previously daddy. chicken smoothie. animelist. flight rising. link

semi-active. school drains my soul

1x1 search. junk thread. characters.

currently playing: shadow of war, far cry primal
current intrests: devilman crybaby, naruto shippuden, call me by your name, voltron
-
────────────────────────────────────────────── Image

d r a g o n
Green Belt
House: Amaranthine

Post by d r a g o n » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:26 am

I know I haven't made much of a mark here nor am I ever consistently online but- I have a lot to be thankful for and this site and it's creation included. I have met some of my closest friends on this site and honestly, it was one of the first steps I made to combat my social anxiety. Not to mention becoming a better writer over time. This really, truly breaks my heart. I really can't explain the sadness I feel, but I can only hope that his legacy and memory lives on forever. Wherever he is now, I hope he's happy and doing his absolute best. I'm glad to have come across this site and those who contribute to it.
Last edited by d r a g o n on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ib.
Black Belt

Post by Ib. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:24 am

I really have no idea what to say right now... I am in shock and just in disbelief to come upon this. Strider was someone I first met on CS, and I can remember always looking up to him and the posts he would create wondering how he could infuse such beautiful description in each post. It wasn't long before he invited me to AS in it's earliest years and soon enough I came to spend most of my writing time on AS. Because of its creation, I have been able to form countless friendships with fellow writers, and found people that I am able to talk with whenever I need. My path crossed with Strider's through a number of group role plays and I am so grateful for everything that he's created and for the legacy that he's left us.

To Strider, a wordsmith who built a world where fellow wordsmiths are able to grow and connect with each other, thank you for everything that you've done for all of us. Thank whatever flip of the coin that allowed our paths to cross years ago.

Rest In Peace.

darkness.
Blue Belt

Post by darkness. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:08 pm

• Strider and I weren't very close. That being said, anytime I did speak to him he made a point of trying to make me happy and everyone around him happy. He was such a kind, kind man. His absence has been resounding, it's like there is an empty hole where he once was. To anyone that was close to him, I have been keeping you in my thoughts and I am sending so much light your way. No one deserves to lose someone so good. The world didn't deserve to lose him. If anyone needs to talk, I will gladly listen. I wish you all the best, and I wish Strider the best. I hope he has found his place among the stars.

This is the way the world ends
      Not with a bang but a whimper.
      - T.S. Eliot

Stitches.
Red Belt
House: Unsorted

Post by Stitches. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:22 pm

I did not personally know Strider, nor did I know he was sick. However, it was absolutely a shock and heartbreaking to read that he has passed. I have been on this website since it was budding, before it got it's own official website name and grew to be the amazing site it is today.

I have always envied his writing, his beautiful articulations and interpretations. He was a selfless person that did his absolute best to make this website friendly for absolutely anyone that came across it, and alongside the other members, he has done an amazing job. I don't think there was a soul that could say anything but incredible things about Strider.

It's strange, too, as I did not personally know him--yet, when I looked at his profile and his most recent posts, I broke down in a sobbing mess.

I don't quite know what to say to try and transcribe my sorrow (as well as peace, for he is not in pain anymore), but I felt obligated to reach out. Anyone who needs to talk, please do not hesitate to inbox me.

May Strider rest in peace. <3
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Image______________________________________________________________________________________________________

sloane
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Post by sloane » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:20 pm

Our conversations were always brief, but each time you made me grin - even if I didn't want to. My heart is with you and you closest friends. You've left us with something wonderful and for that, we could never thank you enough. Thank you, Strider. If it weren't for this place I wouldn't have the life that I have.