Staff Openings/Adjustments as of April 24th (Now Closed!)

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide
House: Vipera

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:09 am

Hello, Scribes!
────────────────────────────────────
The team wants to share some news with you all of some staff changes coming into effect. Not all of you may know Faolan, but he has been a close friend of Strider's for quite a while and has been helping out behind the scenes, particularly with sorting. We are happy to announce that he is now having an official position under the title of Archivist, though he will be charged with duties different from our current Archivist, ichor.

To briefly describe his duties, he will be the one looking through sorting quiz submissions, processing the results and getting that information to the Keepers, and will generally be your go-to person for all sorting inquiries. I hope everyone gives him a warm welcome to his new role!

Furthermore we will be saying goodbye to our loved Overseer Deer and Creative Moderator Eccedentesiast. They have contributed enormously to Advanced Scribes during their time as staff and will continue to help the site flourish as continuous members after they resign.

Additionally, we will be opening staff applications for three roles; Global Moderator, Overseer and Attendant. Information for applying can be found below.

The deadline for all applications is June 20th, 2018!!
Staff hopes to have applicants notified and announced by July 1st!
───────────────────────────────────────────────

The Essentials:
-At least 17 years old.
-Have not received an official warning prior to applying. (Verbal warnings are different and will be overlooked unless they are numerous.)
-Have been a part of our site for at least one year. (Some members create new accounts and ditch their old. If you have done so, please provide the link.)
-Enough time available to visit Advanced Scribes frequently (ie an hour every 2-3 days for modding, active/checking daily in staff discussions).
-Good communication skills - maintaining a cool head with members and coordinating effectively with the rest of the team is vital.

• SITE ATTENDANT - 1 POSITION AVAILABLE
      As a site attendant of AS, you are essentially the welcoming committee to all members that join us. Our expectations of a site attendant is someone who is moderately active and familiar with all the forums on the site. When users have questions or queries about the site, you are the people to go to. The forefront of the staff, you should be friendly, approachable and capable of handling situations in the case that they escalate. Note: Attendants have no moderator powers. (Cannot delete/move posts, warn users, etc)
      Note: A perk if you’re familiar with twitter to manage the AS twitter.

GLOBAL MODERATOR - 1 POSITION AVAILABLE
      As the Global Moderator you are the deputy to the admins and govern largely over the ‘Other’ boards like General, Clubs and Games. While you are free to watch over any sections of the site, the Other board is your priority and you are expected to subdue any fights/discrimination/spam. Global Moderators are also expected to watch over the Creativity board. While this is largely discussion and coding it is good to make sure there is not copying of work, spam or repetition of writing resources/topics. Global Moderators are encouraged to take up an open attitude and post announcements so that people see them as leaders to go to if they have issues instead of coming straight to admins.

OVERSEER - 2 POSITIONS AVAILABLE
      Site Overseers are a role introduced to AS in 2016 and later edited to be the site maintenance managers and coders. This includes helping to solve bugs on the site, keep it up to date on style, theme and features and making sure that there is no copyright infringement on the site. This role requires some php coding knowledge and your voice has strong influence regarding the layout of AS.

Note: There will be a three month trial run for all those chosen. During this time you will be given several tutorials on how to help manage the site, and be supervised until the three months pass and you are deemed fit for the position. Don't be afraid to apply! We'll be looking at all the applications sent to us, and be sure that everyone has a fair shot.
      Additionally, we are not looking for fill in spaces. If we end up not finding anyone suitable then we have the right to decline staff positions and will simply re-open the slots later.

Please send your application to Thunder. All sections are to be filled out.

Code: Select all

Position Applying For:
      How old are you:
      Duration as a member:
      How active are you as a role-player?
      How many hours a day are you online?
      What IRL commitments and responsibilities do you have?
      Do you have experience modding, administering or coding? Provide links when applicable.
      Why do you feel you'd be good for this position?
      Provide methods of any off site contact: (such as Discord or other messenger you don't mind sharing)
Kael
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:11 am

Hi everyone,
I just want to say that I loved it to help out AS while I could. I have been on the team for almost a year and I hope I was able to improve AS for all of you, even if it was ever so slightly. I will still be around AS, only not with my familiar peach-colored username. My inbox is open for all of you and I hope to see you all around.

I will be around as Overseer for a few more days so that everything can get settled regarding my former duties. All will be passed down, and yes, that also means I will ask someone to blow up the count thread every now and then <3 This won't be a free pass for you to victory c;

Regarding me being a keeper, unfortunately this means I have to step down as well, but I am happy to inform the lovely ichor. is taking over my place to cheer you all on <3 I will still yell too no worries.

Either way, all of you were awesome and thank you all for your support, ideas and activity. You are what makes AS awesome.

- Deer
Smamm
Purple Belt
House: Sagacitas

Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:44 pm

• Its been a pleasure working for the AS team, and for having the opportunity to get involved in the community here. I as well will still be around, but must say farewell for now, from a staff position. My schedule is currently too busy to keep up with my duties, and so I will be on a hiatus until it frees up.

I wanted to say thank you to all of you, for having me and for being such a great community! I hope I helped out in some small ways! c: If you ever need anything, please feel free to reach out to me c: Happy to help anyone in whatever way, shape, or form.

I hope to continue to get to know more of you! Farewell for now c:

on hiatus indefinitely

still responding to pm
previously eccedentesiast
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Image x
x
  • Good afternoon scribes!
    Just popping in to give you lovely people a heads up! The application deadline is fast approaching, and in under a week, they will be closed! So if you've been holding off, but want to give it a go, be sure to send in your applications before the 20th of June! That being said, Staff hopes to have new staff members announced by the 1st of July!
    Thanks for your attention, and have a wonderful day!
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:08 am

Image x
x
  • Good Morning scribes!
    Today is the final day that you may submit an application for this hiring session. That means if you've been working slowly to get your application finished, you should wrap it up as quickly as you can! Any application sent in after 11:59 pm EST on June 20th will not be considered. Thank you for your time, and we hope to welcome some new staff to the team very soon!
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:48 am

Image x
x
  • Hello again Scribes!
    Staff applications are now closed! Thank you very much to those who have sent in their applications! Staff will be looking over those we have received and hope to have an announcement up by July 1st to notify you all of the new members of staff. If you have questions, please feel free to PM any member of staff! Enjoy the remainder of your day!