Resignation

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Moderator: Admin Aide

Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Brown Belt
Location: In jail, probably, but that's okay because I work there.
House: Vipera

Resignation

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:38 pm

• Good morning Scribes,
      With much sadness, I am resigning effective immediately. I have far too much going on in my personal life to achieve my goal of returning full swing at the beginning of this year. I do not have the time to dedicate here anymore, let alone the motivation, and rather than try to help in the background like an admin role initially should be doing, I'm quitting. It sucks that I have to give up everything that I've worked so hard to achieve here on AS, but clearly members want to see more active people on staff. And so my thoughts have gone from "I'll keep trying my best" to "So be it, have it your way".

I've sacrificed so much for everyone here, given you all my spare time, neglected myself, all for naught. All for people to throw it in my face that I don't appear online enough, that I don't respond quickly enough and that I don't spend every waking minute of my life just sitting on AS waiting for something to happen. When I do give them something, try to work with them, or perhaps don't respond how someone wants, it all comes back to bite me in the ass. I feel like people hate me, that I'm unwanted, and that everything I have thrown into the community is nothing but shit and should be scrapped. My word meant nothing, my personal struggles meant nothing, I meant nothing.

I used to love being here. I used to love dedicating my time, talking to the users, and making friends. Now, any time I show up online, it's always someone else tugging at my shirt sleeve. Always someone else spitting hateful words meant not to help build up but meant to break down and be absolutely volatile and hateful. It is cruel, and to have to sit here on the sidelines with a smile and an air of professionalism, watch every little word that I type up on my keyboard in fear of saying something hostile or unprofessional in return, is absolutely unfair. You all hide behind the face of anonymity, use our anonymous feedback, and belittle every little thing we do instead of giving us criticism that is constructive and helpful. It is utterly exhausting and so very painful.

I made a lot of good memories here, a few good friends, but I just can't do it anymore. My mental health is tanking, and I feel worthless enough as it is. I don't need to keep hearing it from the users and other members of staff. So I guess this is it. I wish everyone well, despite everything.
      Good luck.
ichor.
Admin
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: Resignation

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 am

In regards to Commander Shepherd's resignation.

Following Shep's resignation letter we have recieved multiple comments from the userbase and we want to take this opportunity to say: we do hear you.

Shep's resignation letter was a raw discussion of her experiences as of late and she is in the very unique position of straddling two stages in life now - she has been through many ups and downs with AS and it's understandable that, as of late, sometimes it felt like the 'uphill' stretches outnumbered the 'downs'. She felt frustrated. So did other staff members, and so did many users. And all for good reason. Lately we have been seeing that making this place a great community with fun activities may take more work than we all realized. It's fair to feel that hearing her direct, unpolished feelings may have felt like a bad shock, and indeed her need to step down felt that way to us.

We do not want to take away her right to voice her own opinions and feelings on matters, as we grant it to any other member of AS as well. We encourage everyone to speak their mind and share their thoughts openly, staff or not, regardless of whether they reflect our own thoughts, feelings and opinions on those matters.

So we encourage you to continue using the avenues available to express your opinions, whether they are criticisms or commendations. Your feedback is, and will always be important to us, as we serve the site to create the best possible experience for you guys.

Though we wish Commander Shepherd the best in all future endeavours, we want to stress that she does not speak for us.

- AS Staff