Site Change/Addition Requests - Please Read New Rule.

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.
thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Re: Site Change/Addition Requests - Please Read New Rule.

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 am

Thanks for the suggestion! There was interest in that a previous time as well, so we'll definitely keep it in mind.
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Also make sure you are ALWAYS up to date on announcements!
toast
Gold Belt
House: Sagacitas

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 am

i mentioned this to ichor already, mostly just as an observation i made while experimenting with some coding, but is there a way to make the preview window the same size as the actual post window? the preview window is larger and it makes it hard to gauge what our coding will actually look like

also perhaps getting the post titles back?
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:47 pm

toast wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:49 am
i mentioned this to ichor already, mostly just as an observation i made while experimenting with some coding, but is there a way to make the preview window the same size as the actual post window? the preview window is larger and it makes it hard to gauge what our coding will actually look like

also perhaps getting the post titles back?
    • Yes please. I thought my sig was fine before Meraki fixed it (bless you Mer) because the preview is much larger. I also miss my titles.
“how can we rewrite the stars?”
Meraki
Black Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:54 pm

• I'm going to ask everyone to start voicing these concerns in the bugs and issues thread as this deals with the new theme. I only have that thread bookmarked as its where I work out of to smooth things out so try to post there about this from now on. As for post titles, those are gone. The subjects are still there and show up in 'search user posts' and on forum view but not on the post directly. It's not something I'm concerned about losing as it makes things a little cleaner and can still be found/functional in more indirect places. As for the preview window, it looks more than fine on my end but I'll dive into the theme code a little later and see where the proportions may be off. Someone may have to be a guinea pig though because my post to preview ratio is pretty close to perfect.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:41 pm

Meraki wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:54 pm
    • I'm going to ask everyone to start voicing these concerns in the bugs and issues thread as this deals with the new theme. I only have that thread bookmarked as its where I work out of to smooth things out so try to post there about this from now on. As for post titles, those are gone. The subjects are still there and show up in 'search user posts' and on forum view but not on the post directly. It's not something I'm concerned about losing as it makes things a little cleaner and can still be found/functional in more indirect places. As for the preview window, it looks more than fine on my end but I'll dive into the theme code a little later and see where the proportions may be off. Someone may have to be a guinea pig though because my post to preview ratio is pretty close to perfect.
    • Use the sig I sent you to fix as an example of the preview issue. If you do a post then go to preview it, my old sig looks fine!
“how can we rewrite the stars?”
Kael
Silver Belt

Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:23 pm

*) small note: the link to the changelog in the first post is broken due to users not being authorised to access the forum.

I know this may be a long shot, but it would be nice to have a custom "502 Bad Gateway" page for whenever AS is backing up the database. E.g. a page mentioning that AS is performing back ups.

Especially since not every user is probably aware this is a (daily?) thing going on with AS and may think the site went down.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxI was just another part of your arsenal.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
ArsenalSpeedyBlack Canary
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
Arsenal [x][x][x][x][x] Speedy [x] Black Canary []