Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Profile sidebar on the...

Left
14%
Right
44%
Neither
42%

Total votes: 93
toast
Gold Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes +Poll!

Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:29 am

one thing i've noticed is that we used to be able to see what forum our threads were in in the 'my posts' page, and we were also able to click on those forums to go to them immediately. it's still a thing on the mobile version of the site but it's not accessible on the desktop version.
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes

Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm

Kael wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:03 am
Meraki wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:48 pm
    • There will not be any support or ways of fixing that. As of now our site only caters to the Milk theme so it is much preferred to use that. If you use the prosilver theme, which is more than fine, you will have to expect major differences as it is not what our site recommends and uses for default.
Sorry to be a bother but is there a reason why the standard font size won't be adjusted in the css to get the old standard size back? I understand the new theme is the main theme but it will be more userfriendly to just adjust the standard font size.
    • I'm with you on this one. It's honestly one of the only things I hate the most about the new theme. I adored the old font and size. Now it's weird and huge.

Also, I noticed that my topic titles aren't coming up on posts. It seems they just don't show at all?
  • ┌───────────────┐
    just a total marvel nerd &
    starmora and the greatest
    showman enthusiast.
    my inbox is always open.
    └───────────────┘
    my starlord sin bin
    ────────────────
Meraki
Overseer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:05 pm

• Kael wrote:
      Sorry to be a bother but is there a reason why the standard font size won't be adjusted in the css to get the old standard size back? I understand the new theme is the main theme but it will be more userfriendly to just adjust the standard font size.
      I'm opting out of it because we want to encourage users to use this theme as default. Everyone had a fit last time we changed themes but after a while they got used to it and fell in love. This is the same instance and allowing people to shortcut and use the default and very ugly phpbb theme that will never have any significance to the site is not in my agenda. People are free to use prosilver, but it will never get any special treatment nor be what the site will support. I can mess around with css on this theme all day to make it prettier and more easily dealt with but not if it just makes it easier for people to switch and use prosilver.
      toast wrote:
      Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:29 am
      one thing i've noticed is that we used to be able to see what forum our threads were in in the 'my posts' page, and we were also able to click on those forums to go to them immediately. it's still a thing on the mobile version of the site but it's not accessible on the desktop version.
      This is due to space. If you are using the mobile version of the site you will noticed how squished and gross it is (this is why I recommend looking up how to get desktop view on your phones) because forum areas/links take up a lot more space which gives you guys less room. I'll see if there is a way to squish it in anyways thought because I do kinda miss that feature. ;-;
      Gamora. wrote:
      Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:45 pm
        • I'm with you on this one. It's honestly one of the only things I hate the most about the new theme. I adored the old font and size. Now it's weird and huge.

Also, I noticed that my topic titles aren't coming up on posts. It seems they just don't show at all?
      I answered your thing about topic titles in site changes.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Kael
Silver Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Meraki wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:05 pm
    • Kael wrote:
      I'm opting out of it because we want to encourage users to use this theme as default. Everyone had a fit last time we changed themes but after a while they got used to it and fell in love. This is the same instance and allowing people to shortcut and use the default and very ugly phpbb theme that will never have any significance to the site is not in my agenda. People are free to use prosilver, but it will never get any special treatment nor be what the site will support. I can mess around with css on this theme all day to make it prettier and more easily dealt with but not if it just makes it easier for people to switch and use prosilver.
Can prosilver at least be active even if you dislike it? Milk doesn't work on my phone at all. Also I am slightly disappointed with how we have a thread for bugs/issues and basically most, if not all, answers we get boil down to "too bad, deal with it." I'm not alone with this, I heard this of more people so I am just putting it out here as a site issue.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImagex
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxThe BooThe Sis The Potatox
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Jazzy [x][x][x][x] | Maya [x] | Kami [x] | Nerds [x][x]
☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲
☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲☲
cider
Blue Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Hello, friends. I am also here about the post titles.

"The subjects are still there and show up in 'search user posts' and on forum view but not on the post directly. It's not something I'm concerned about losing as it makes things a little cleaner and can still be found/functional in more indirect places."
I was curious what the reason was behind removing them? Or were they just not added back in? Because I actually really liked the post titles and miss seeing them directly on the post. It seems pointless to me to be able to name my post and then not directly be able to see the title on said post. So I guess if we're taking votes, put me under bring them back please!

It also seems like the bold function isn't really bold anymore? Is there a way to make that stand out a bit more or are we stuck with it the way it is?

Then my last question is about the search function - I think that's what the technical term is. There are still some new posts missing when I go to search the recent posts made by myself and made by other users. Do we have a time we have to wait before they show up or is that a bug that just needs to be revisited?

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining! I do like the new site so far. I'm excited to see how much better it looks once we have some new themes and the banner back because it will start to feel like home c:
Meraki
Overseer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:01 pm

• I was just told to disable it at an admin level as we cannot offer or provide support for it, but can provide it with Milk. As for concerns, people can come forth on their own if they have an issue. Gossip only goes so far in dealing with issues. This is a bug and issues thread but all that is being asked for are cosmetic details that either really cannot be changed or don't warrant/benefit hours of sifting through code. I have a large list of things I can and will fix as per requested, this is day one of the theme people should be patient and focus on getting used to this change just as we did in the past. There is no site issue with dealing with reports. I am handling and doing all I can and if I am saying something isn't happening its because there isn't means to do it or there is no reason to do it.

If you don't like Milk on your phone, here are ways to get the desktop view on it as I suggested earlier. Android. Apple.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
Meraki
Overseer

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:05 pm

cider wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:55 pm
Hello, friends. I am also here about the post titles.

"The subjects are still there and show up in 'search user posts' and on forum view but not on the post directly. It's not something I'm concerned about losing as it makes things a little cleaner and can still be found/functional in more indirect places."
I was curious what the reason was behind removing them? Or were they just not added back in? Because I actually really liked the post titles and miss seeing them directly on the post. It seems pointless to me to be able to name my post and then not directly be able to see the title on said post. So I guess if we're taking votes, put me under bring them back please!

It also seems like the bold function isn't really bold anymore? Is there a way to make that stand out a bit more or are we stuck with it the way it is?

Then my last question is about the search function - I think that's what the technical term is. There are still some new posts missing when I go to search the recent posts made by myself and made by other users. Do we have a time we have to wait before they show up or is that a bug that just needs to be revisited?

I don't want to sound like I'm complaining! I do like the new site so far. I'm excited to see how much better it looks once we have some new themes and the banner back because it will start to feel like home c:
    • So the thing with post titles is it just didn't come with the theme. We switched over and they weren't apart of it but since everyone is really missing them I will see if there is a hidden area of code where they should be, however I am busy today so any code diving needs to wait until tomorrow! ^-^

As for bold, that is just with the default site font! If you use a different font via [font=} the bold will show up differently for each one.

I noticed this was still an issue too last night but it is nothing I can solve on my end and requires a deeper look so I've already brought that up to Ellimist. I am glad you like everything so far though! I have many things planned to spruce up as well as pump out some colors!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
rakuen
Administrator
House: Unsorted

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:20 pm

• I personally find it works on mobile just fine! Looks clean and open on both platforms for me. Little ticks are passable and switching to desktop view is always possible. I also like the new font a lot, I can always change/shrink it if I need. XD
      Little bugs are bound to be present since we've had the theme for less than 24 hours. Super proud of you Meraki, you've accomplished a lot more than anyone else in such a short time - the site looks amazing to me!

My suggestion is just when we get the banner up, please have the default stag and not the spring stag lol. And do you know when it will be available?

Again, the site looks brilliant. You da best.
my inbox is always open.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:55 pm

• I fully appreciate the work and understand why changes had to be made, but I was under the impression this was supposed to fix the my posts/search function issue, but it has not. I also understand the predicament with people using the pro silver, but this theme is actually hard for me to use. I got a splitting headache from it yesterday, and I've been heavily avoiding being on here as I normally am because a headache came around again this morning. The text seems super lightly colored as well and I can't even see the punctuation. Maybe that's the font and the background combined, but it sucks. I don't really know why the font/basic functions had to be changed in the first place. [i.e sizing is totally different now too]. It would be nice to have the old font/text on this theme that was on the pro-silver at least, and not a white background too.

Probably annoying hearing complaints/concerns, but I'm not one to keep my mouth shut when I'm frustrated. I do appreciate the hard work and attempts to update the site.
  • ┌───────────────┐
    just a total marvel nerd &
    starmora and the greatest
    showman enthusiast.
    my inbox is always open.
    └───────────────┘
    my starlord sin bin
    ────────────────
rakuen
Administrator
House: Unsorted

Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Our main agenda was to get AS up to date with the current version of its host. This will allow us more flexibility to investigate the bugs such as my posts/search functions. As we have had the new template up for less than a day we have not sorted out darker themes but we will certainly look into making them available to help with any side effects of the light theme! These are all cosmetic changes that we will add to a list to be investigated, including perhaps making the default font colour darker for clarification. Personally I read it fine, it's actually clearer to me but the white background can be harsh. The basic functions were changed with the site haul over onto the new theme. Lots of people have different experiences with the change and we cannot cater to everyone, our main priority is the functionality of the site before the appearance.

It's not annoying in the slightest to hear your concerns! It helps us to better enhance the site for user comfort. (:

A FAQ will be made that will exhibit commonly asked questions regarding the new update as we seem to be seeing a lot of concerns that have already been answered previously. Hopefully this will prevent the repetition of questions.
my inbox is always open.