Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Profile sidebar on the...

Left
14%
Right
44%
Neither
42%

Total votes: 93
Esspe
Green Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes +FAQ

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:54 pm

Jazzyleia wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 pm
~Celliur~ wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:42 pm
I can't find an option to change my theme. I looked under board preferences and checked each subsection but can't find it.
It’s caused they took it down. Milk is what we have and are told to use.
  • I understand the choice behind this, but now some people (who didn't switch to Milk beforehand) are locked on prosilver. lmao
    I'm sure it'll be taken care of, though.

I'm shutting up now because I think the mods know what's up. Forget I said anything. lmao
blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:00 pm

yes, if you’re locked into the prosilver theme because you hadn’t logged in while the option to change themes was still available, just hold tight^^ this is something that’s come to my attention recently.
the ability to switch over to milk will be restored. the reason why some people are stuck is because they were logged out while prosilver was the default for them and logged in after they didn’t have the ability to switch. the goal is to have everyone have a universal experience, especially while overseers try to work out the bugs people pick up. i will make sure the right people know that some are stuck on the wrong theme^^ (if they don’t already know hehe)
i'm color coding my moods
────────────────────
time: 5/10 xx muse: 7/10
search: CLOSED
school has started.
busy mon-thurs 2pm-5pm PST

follow my AS twitter for any updates!

────────────────────
you're yellow, i'm natural blue
Meraki
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 pm

• Can someone please send over pictures showing this? It should not be the case as I have an override on that automatically enforces Milk.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
WalkerNom
Orange Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:24 pm

• Did I miss something? I didnt hear about the cons that were mentioned about the dark theme and I would like to read about them if possible. I did still vote for the dark theme because as of right now the white is blinding and it gives me a headache to be on the site for any length of time. I think it would help if the color seperating posts contrasted more to the background color so everything doesn't just bleed together so bad. Although this may only be an issue on my laptop since on my phone everything looks great, still pretty bright but it's definitely better. However, I primarily use the site on my laptop.
Last edited by WalkerNom on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue
Roleplay Moderator
House: Vipera Keeper

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:31 pm

WalkerNom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:24 pm
  • Did I miss something? I didnt hear about the cons that were mentioned about the dark theme and I would like to read about them if possible. I did still vote for the dark theme because as of right now the white is blinding and it gives me a headache to be on the site for any length of time. I think it would help if the color seperating posts contrasted more to the background color so everything doesn't just bleed together so bad. Although this may only be an issue on my laptop since on my phone everything looks great, still pretty bright but it's definitely better. However, I primarily use the site on my laptop.
when we first switched over to the new theme, the default was the dark theme everyone is talking about. it's extremely dark, and while easier on the eyes, it would screw a lot with the appearance of colored text, transparent images, and dark gifs/pics. the conclusion was to avoid messing with people's posts in that way. while only the staff was able to view the dark theme in the beginning during the site's shutdown, we thought it best to have a lighter background at first. i believe everyone is in agreement that the white is just too white so trust that it won't stay like that for long lol
the white is a stark contrast to the dark theme but the dark theme comes with it's own visibility issues. there should be a happy medium coming soon!^^
if it helps anyone adjust to the white background, you can always test out the f.lux chrome extension that will cancel out the blue light that may be straining on the eyes, or i believe another user linked a different extension a page or so back. these are merely temporary fixes until the overseers have the time to sit down and address multiple adjustments at once.
i'm color coding my moods
────────────────────
time: 5/10 xx muse: 7/10
search: CLOSED
school has started.
busy mon-thurs 2pm-5pm PST

follow my AS twitter for any updates!

────────────────────
you're yellow, i'm natural blue
WalkerNom
Orange Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 pm

• Okay, I see what you mean now. Thank you so much for clearing that up for me. That is a very good point, I agree that a lighter post background is better for that reason. As someone that values the appearance of my gifs, transparent images, and text colors, I think that's enough to make me change my vote lol. I'll just have to be patient and hope that the colors are balanced out in the future (which from the sounds of it, they will be). I'll have to look into those filters for the time being. Thanks again!
lilJoy
Blue Belt
House: Amaranthine

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 pm

hey guys, the light theme also hurts my eyes if i stare at it for extended periods of time, but i have found this great chrome extension, as in i was looking for a way to dark theme my google drive and i'm lazy and i stumbled upon this great thing:: it's just a lay over for every webpage to make it dark and inverse colors when the webpage is naturally a light color. hopefully this helps some people until a dark theme is rolled out??
i have photo-sensitivity issues and this chrome extension is a life saver....
Esspe
Green Belt

Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:24 pm

• ^^ on that same note, Screen Shader (also Chrome extension) is everything for things like this! It’s customizable so you can decide when/if you want your screen to adjust brightness for the time of day and you can choose what color it tints the screen too (orange, yellow, tan, pink, etc). Also, you can have it tint specific sites! So, until the white is changed, you can ask Screen Shader to tint only AS but leave every other site alone.
toast
Gold Belt

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:18 am

out of curiosity, when all the themes are completed, will one like this still be available? I definitely don't want users to have eye problems and i'm in full agreement that we should switch to something easier on the eyes until more theme colors are sorted, but i personally like how sleek the mostly white site looks. i admit it can be a bit much if the brightness on the laptop/phone screen is high but i don't keep my brightness up high
Meraki
Overseer

Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:39 am

toast wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:18 am
out of curiosity, when all the themes are completed, will one like this still be available? I definitely don't want users to have eye problems and i'm in full agreement that we should switch to something easier on the eyes until more theme colors are sorted, but i personally like how sleek the mostly white site looks. i admit it can be a bit much if the brightness on the laptop/phone screen is high but i don't keep my brightness up high
    • I'll make sure there is a super white theme, a super dark theme, and then some variant colors inbetween so hopefully we'll have a really nice selection.
COME TAKE MY HEART OF GLASS
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
[My fiance]xx[Dragon]xx[Duckling]xx[CC]
───────────────────────
AND GIVE ME YOUR LOVE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Heyyo, I'm Connor one of the site overseers
here on AS. If you experience any bugs, I'm
your guy to go to. I'm currently a witchling
trying to impress my fiance, I have a really
huge obsession with foxes, and I love me a
good bit of horror. My inbox is always open