Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Profile sidebar on the...

Left
14%
Right
44%
Neither
42%

Total votes: 95
zaki.kun
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:42 am

• hi there! will there be an implemented feature soon where the profile box can be switched from either the default position or the left side of the screen?

also, will you re-implement the compressed text command (a [size] command around a left/right/list tag) soon?
Meraki
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Re:

Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:07 am

ozaki. wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:42 am
  • hi there! will there be an implemented feature soon where the profile box can be switched from either the default position or the left side of the screen?

also, will you re-implement the compressed text command (a [size] command around a left/right/list tag) soon?
    • That feature is not something everyone on site could customize, however, if people like the profile sidebar on the left better than the right, I can change it for everyone.

As for compressed text.. We never took that away! It is no longer supported by bbcode in general which is out of our hands. However, if you do [-left][-size][-center][/ center][/ size][/ left] it should work!
Meraki
Black Belt

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes +FAQ

Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:47 pm

boots wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm
    • hi! i don't think anyone has mentioned this yet. since the update, new saved drafts have
      basic html in them alongside bbcode that you don't see when you load the draft.
      (ex. <br/>, <LEFT>) this isn't a huge deal as i can just work in loaded drafts rather than
      saved but i'd still appreciate it if this could be fixed! thanks for making this new site
      possible. (:
    • For all of you who noticed this bug, it is not a site issue! This problem actually links back to the version of phpbb and there is currently no patch for it. However, I will keep my eye out for when they do update everyone with a patch to fix it, though I warn it may be a while as it is labeled as low priority on their site.
Sono Reizin
Orange Belt

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 am

I don't mean to be a pain but what level of priority is the post not showing on our post pages? I mean I know we get notifications if we bookmark but it is still easier to go to our post page. Also, I noticed that the search engine in threads are gone so we can't find certain keywords in our rps. Ok maybe just the explicit ones...
Meraki
Black Belt

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:11 pm

Sono Reizin wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:24 am
I don't mean to be a pain but what level of priority is the post not showing on our post pages? I mean I know we get notifications if we bookmark but it is still easier to go to our post page. Also, I noticed that the search engine in threads are gone so we can't find certain keywords in our rps. Ok maybe just the explicit ones...
    • The search function is actually there! It just moved to the right. As for posts showing up, I mentioned a few messages back that it is being worked on. I believe it is also in the bug list on the front! This is not something I have access to fix on my own and we have to wait on the host to look into it.
Sono Reizin
Orange Belt

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Ok sorry to be a bother-hides-
hunny
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:41 pm

• hello!
    i know new threads not showing up in our posts page has been mentioned,
    but i also wanted to let you know something else i noticed regarding that.
    i cannot search my new threads or posts either. it comes up with results
    way back before the update. it’s like my new posts don’t exist.
    i have just bookmarked new threads so it’s not much of a problem,
    but i wanted to let you guys know.
    i am not sure if this has come to your attention, my apologies if it has.
Meraki
Black Belt

Re:

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:47 pm

apple wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:41 pm

• hello!
    i know new threads not showing up in our posts page has been mentioned,
    but i also wanted to let you know something else i noticed regarding that.
    i cannot search my new threads or posts either. it comes up with results
    way back before the update. it’s like my new posts don’t exist.
    i have just bookmarked new threads so it’s not much of a problem,
    but i wanted to let you guys know.
    i am not sure if this has come to your attention, my apologies if it has.
    • Yes this is part of the same issue. ^-^ There is a problem with them being officially logged even if they are there. Thank you for letting us know though, we always appreciate more perspective.
Meraki
Black Belt

Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:34 pm

• Hi guys! Figured I'd finally update you guys again with whats been happening behind the scenes. You'll find a few lists of what's been done, priorities, as well as things for you guys to comment your opinions on below! Please do gather all your friends to come answer survey! It can be anonymous if so wished but this is the best way for me to help you all.

What's changed:
      - A few of the stark white colors on the site have turned to muted grays but more will continue to be altered on this theme!
      - The font changed from Raleway to Roboto

Priorities (greatest to least)
      - Banner doesn't fit on mobile
      - Color schemes
      - Team page

Opinions!
      Fill out this survey.
Kael
Silver Belt

Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm

Hi there!

There is one little thing I find to be annoying, and that is the automatic expansion of textboxes on the site. For instance, when you paste a whole lot of stuff in the textbox or write a whole lot, you might have seen it dynamically expand.

I was wondering if staff would be open to turning it off and have a static textbox?

Seeing as I spent hours on this issue last time when I went to disable it, please allow me to put down the steps in case the staff agrees on making this change c:

1. Go to styles/<StyleName>/template
2. Open Ajax.js
3. Outcomment the function beneath "Automatically resize textarea"
*note: once new themes will be enabled you are probably in need of repeating this step if it has a fresh ajax.js
xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxI was just another part of your arsenal.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
ArsenalSpeedyBlack Canary
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
Arsenal [x][x][x][x][x] Speedy [x] Black Canary []