Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Profile sidebar on the...

Left
14%
Right
44%
Neither
42%

Total votes: 95
thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Re: Bug/Issues/& Changes + New Poll

Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:01 pm

Kael wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:48 pm
Hi there!

There is one little thing I find to be annoying, and that is the automatic expansion of textboxes on the site. For instance, when you paste a whole lot of stuff in the textbox or write a whole lot, you might have seen it dynamically expand.

I was wondering if staff would be open to turning it off and have a static textbox?

Seeing as I spent hours on this issue last time when I went to disable it, please allow me to put down the steps in case the staff agrees on making this change c:

1. Go to styles/<StyleName>/template
2. Open Ajax.js
3. Outcomment the function beneath "Automatically resize textarea"
*note: once new themes will be enabled you are probably in need of repeating this step if it has a fresh ajax.js
Thanks Deer! I think this might have been tried but I'll check in about it and relay what you suggested. The new coding and theme have things working a little differently in how we edit, especially once we have multiple themes I think. It's been a learning process for sure!
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Also make sure you are ALWAYS up to date on announcements!
Meraki
Black Belt

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:18 pm

• Actually, I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on the adjusting post boxes! I also really like the feature and nobody has said it was bothersome until now so I havent even been looking into disabling the feature and I actually quit like having it around! If other people dont like it though I am open to changing it.
thunderofthebun
Administrator

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 pm

That's my bad; I mixed up two different issues Meraki was discussing with me!
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Also make sure you are ALWAYS up to date on announcements!
Gamora.
Black Belt

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:05 pm

• When do we think the posts not showing issue will be fixed? I know it can be hard to say but not being able to see any posts past August 12 is driving me insane haha
“how can we rewrite the stars?”
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:20 pm

It is definitely annoying to not be able to see any posts past Aug 12 in the search posts thing, but rest assured that it is being actively worked on. It is, as posted above, the top priority. However, we cannot say exactly when this issue will be resolved. Thank you for your patience though! We hope to get this resolved ASAP. :)
Lost
Global Moderator

Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 am

ichor. wrote:
It is definitely annoying to not be able to see any posts past Aug 12 in the search posts thing, but rest assured that it is being actively worked on. It is, as posted above, the top priority. However, we cannot say exactly when this issue will be resolved. Thank you for your patience though! We hope to get this resolved ASAP. :)
Am I right in thinking this is fixed now?
Sono Reizin
Orange Belt

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:13 am

It is. All my posts including explicit have shown up. Thank you all so much for fixing it.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:46 am

Lost wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:09 am
ichor. wrote:
Am I right in thinking this is fixed now?
We have been told that this issue is indeed fixed! Posts should be updating immediately, or at least close to it. ^^ Mer worked his butt off for this and if you take a look at the Quick Links drop down, you will now see the Bookmarks link in there as well! ^_^
evergreen
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:54 am

• I've been having issues with what my coding looks like in the preview versus the actual post. In the prieview, my coded character forms look all nice and organized - so obviously I post it. But then what I get is completely different than the preview and all skewed? Is there a reason for/solution to this?
Snow
Global Moderator

Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:22 am

evergreen wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:54 am
    • I've been having issues with what my coding looks like in the preview versus the actual post. In the prieview, my coded character forms look all nice and organized - so obviously I post it. But then what I get is completely different than the preview and all skewed? Is there a reason for/solution to this?
The first page actually has this listed and answered on the FAQ section which can be found here ^^ It's just a small mix up with the proportions and is being looked into.
'
DONT JUDGE A
THING
──────────────
'Image
┌──────────┐

Hello, I'm Snow.
I'm a 20 year old from Texas.
I'm a global moderator.
If you ever have any questions,
would like to start up a roleplay,
or need someone to talk too,