February Updates (Please Read)

It is the responsibility of every user to keep up with any rule changes and to monitor this area on their own.

Moderator: Admin Aide

thunderofthebun
Admin
House: Halcyon

February Updates (Please Read)

Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:31 pm

• Hey Scribes! Hope you are all doing well. I have a little news for you guys, as well as hoping to provide some context for a couple other issues.

Firstly, as some of you may have noticed, rakuen is no longer a part of the AS staff team. She has many things going on in life that need her attention and we wish her all the best!! She has contributed a lot to this website and we won’t forget it!

To continue with staff changes, I’d like to welcome NeverNever as the new Amaranthine Keeper! We are hopeful that she will take good care of our phoenix members!

One thing I noticed a couple times when viewing survey submissions was about Overseers, coding, themes, etc. I’m sorry we haven’t been able to stick to our hoped-for timelines for these things! Every Overseer has their own strengths, area of knowledge, project ideas, etc. As a result and because this role is the most different from the others, it is also the most affected by personnel changes. Others are not able to jump in and cover the duties because they are so specialized, and that also makes it difficult to find people to fill the role sometimes. I know some of you are still hopeful for additional themes as we started with Meraki and I am glad to hear that, because we want to provide them! I’m working with Ellimist to finalize access to some back-end things after our last updates and hope to have NeverNever fully settled in in a few days so that she can get a better idea of what she may be able to contribute to this important role!

To clarify about the 1x1 - I know a lot of you are unhappy about that. Since any limitation of threads was mistakenly omitted from the rules, sticking to that lack of limits seemed most fair at the time. You can absolutely expect a discussion and poll about this so that we don’t encounter this again; your input is really important and drives the events. Also, YES you can absolutely still join in! Reach out to the Roleplay Moderators if you need any help getting involved!

While I spend a LOT of my time communicating and coordinating with the team, feedback via the survey has reminded me that that still leaves ALL the rest of you guys feeling like you are in the dark a lot of the time. I’m big on communication so I hate that I have been failing with that, and I hope for it to improve in the future.

In the spirit of that, I wanted to share some of my to-do list with you guys, beginning with a few things I’ve recently been able to cross off.

I’ve been working to tidy up the announcements, as I know how annoying it is to scroll through all of those and on every area of the forum. I’m hoping we can shift towards better utilizing the Mini Announcements thread, and from there link to anything that warranted its own thread. I’m also working to making better use of the sidebar by including some important links and tidbits, and hope this benefits everyone. The survey I made for AS got some feedback from the team and has been rolled out, the sorting results are currently up to date, and I am working on better indexing resources that the team uses (instructions and other materials to help them do their jobs). I know the social media event garnered a lot of mixed reactions, so I’ve created a survey for that as well and invite you all to let us know your thoughts through it!
Happy July!

- Finalize the AS survey results
- Finalize Archivist roles and permissions ✔
- Finish getting Smamm set up with sorting ✔
- Create the 100 DoS prompt list ✔
- Update the anon box thread
- Finish PM responses
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the July blueberries!