Underrated movies/books

Chat, socialize and discuss.
Ineffable Woes
Purple Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: Underrated movies/books

Fri May 05, 2017 9:38 am

• For books, I'd have to say Garth Nix's series The Keys to the Kingdom is extremely underrated.
    I'm re-reading them at the moment and I am as intregued by them now as when I discovered them.
Esspe
Green Belt

Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:17 pm

• Maybe this book isn't as underrated as it seems but it's hard finding people who have read it/them and have loved them as much as I did. ( ຈ ﹏ ຈ ) Have any of you read the Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo?
{12/18) - on christmas break! trying to catch up on all i missed.
heyo! i'm esspe, the resident alien. i'm currently not open for 1x1s or group roleplays, but that may
change soon! i'm a full-time college student. however, i do waste spend quite a bit of my free time
(if not, all of it) on as. feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions or just want to chat. c:

my time. want to roleplay? my characters.
muse: ●●●●●●●●●time:●●●●●●●●◌◌ motivation: ●●●●●●◌◌◌◌

AlmightyTallest
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:58 am

@Esspe, Six of Crows is on my list! It's right on my shelf for once I finish Throne of Glass!

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Steifvater. It's a book about two people, Sean and Kate, and this little island where every November, horses come out of the sea and people catch them, train them, and race them. But these aren't cute little ponies, these are big, mean, meat-eating beasts based on the myths of Kelpies. And Kate wants to race on her little island pony (a regular horse, not a kelpie) despite people telling her she can't because she's a girl and her horse isn't one of the kelpies. Sean has won the race several times and is one of my favorite characters of any book series.

The Iron Fey by Julie Kajawa. It's a series, I prefer the first 4 books but there are I think 2 more after that. Its about all the myths around faeries and mythical creatures, and the main character Meghan, finds out she's half faerie and needs to go help save the Nevernever from the new Iron Fey, who were created by human dreams. And her two companions on all her adventures are Robin Goodfellow (Puck, from A Midsummer Night's Dream) and Ash, and I absolutely love Puck because's a third wheel and me too :lol: and like...they aren't the cute little TinkerBell faeries. They're "im-gonna-rip-you-to-shreds-and-break-your-heart-because-I-have-no-soul" type of faeries.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas because faeries man. Big, power, immortal assholes and I love them all so much. And her other series, Throne of Glass, is pretty awesome too.
Hey, follow my tumblr account for book reviews, character analysis, and rants! (also so I don't feel so lonely, lol. ShadowSingingSassenach
barbie
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am

• definitely the taken by wolves trilogy by jennifer lynn barnes
    i honestly don't know how to describe these books but i'm still not over the ending and i don't think i ever will be to be honest. it's awhile since i read them but 110% my favourite book trilogy out there
ImageImageImage
bows.and.arrows [x] • bleating ram [x] • durnehviir [-] • sad [x] • search [x] • storage [x] • prompt event [x] • Image
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:44 pm

sunrize. wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:24 am
  • definitely the taken by wolves trilogy by jennifer lynn barnes
    i honestly don't know how to describe these books but i'm still not over the ending and i don't think i ever will be to be honest. it's awhile since i read them but 110% my favourite book trilogy out there
oooh i think i read the first book!! i never got to read the rest of the series - i dont think they were out when i was reading the first??? - but i definitely want to read it again eue
the concept is pretty cool and doing a rp on it would be too tbh. i had a couple at one point eue

i haven't done much reading lately so im...marking this so i can stalk and have book suggestions xD
rough patch. trying to catch up with prompts first, then replies. sorry for the wait.

replies: walker, savannah, omnom, song, algo, irish, cider, important, memory,

finished & in drafts phoenix, ghost, snow, josh, algo, mags, melonous, andromeda, cider, algo, shai

forms: nio, mags
Scherf
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:54 pm

Any here read the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson? I loved it. I don't know that it's underrated, but I certainly never heard of it until relatively recently.
SklarmaDakflam
Red Belt
House: Amaranthine

Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:18 am

The Sight and Fell by David Clement-Daives
Check out my butterflies HERE
Night Fury
Black Belt

Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:57 am

I always thought the Eragon movie was a bit underrated a bit?
I know that a lot of people don't like it - especially if they're dedicated fans and have read the Inheritance Cycle. There was a lot of dislike for Saphira's appearance as well - and admittedly, I was one of those people at first. But honestly it's not a very bad movie when you come down to it and I grew to love her design over time. I think sometimes people forget that while the movie producers can go by the book as much as they can, they can't fit all of it in perfectly. Otherwise the movies would be all long asf. Plus people also need to keep in mind that everyone is going to see the characters differently. I saw Saphira differently in my mind when I was reading the books, which was why I was a bit meh when I first saw her in the movie, but maybe that's how another person saw her and that's okay. Just as an example.

Especially her as a baby.
Look at that face. <3
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:13 am

• TWILIGHT IS AMAZING OKAY?
“how can we rewrite the stars?”
darkness.
Attendant
House: Halcyon

Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:25 am

• definitely the unwind dystology by neal shusterman and the heir chronicles by cinda williams chima. both series are amazing and no one ever reads them.