Flowers 4 Bees

Chat, socialize and discuss.
Sila
Silver Belt
House: Unsorted

Re: Flowers 4 Bees

Post by Sila » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Hello to you too, AvariciousAlice!

It's great that you saw a little bee but sad you can't give it a water station :( maybe once the drought lifts you can set one out in hopes of attracting them. I have to say your little spider and wasp encounter was funny and I got a clear image of when the spider waved its legs XD haha well it's nice to have you here, if you have any questions feel free to ask or have any information or stories about bees or whatever really please share them :) Do you have a lot of plants for your little bees or still can't have many plants due to the drought?

I'm the demonic angel, bloodhoney;, and color-brained. Please don't use.

AvariciousAlice
White Belt
Location: The frigid Canadian...uh, south, which in fact is not that cold. <3

Post by AvariciousAlice » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Still nothing, still drought. x'D Still trying.
Apparently all the wasps around here are Spartan like that.
No plants, but what I have in my garden has been surprisingly hardy, and literally everything lives in that shade. There's probably something I missed in there.~

Sila
Silver Belt

Post by Sila » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:30 pm

Ah darn :/ oh well there is much more you could do like raise awareness but I don't think I have any sort of advice besides kill or leave the wasps alone. Depends on how brave you are haha. And neat! always love the sound of a garden :)

Maya Moon
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Post by Maya Moon » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:19 am

Hello ~~

I must say before hand that I really care about animals, any type (except mosquitos. I hate them >.>). So whenever there is the chance, I try to help them. I suppose I can be spiders' superhero (or kind of), because I always stand up to save them! (many of my friends fear them and they a)immediately kill them or b)call me to get that eight legged thingy out of their way lol)

By the way, I am porud I have a big garden which seems to host lots of insects. I always see at least a bee on my bush of lavender. I am quite scared by them because a friend of my mother got sting by a bee while driving and made a car accident... by I know that's because of them plants are alive. So I never killed one nor hurted them, just got out of their range zone ^^" I am pleased I have much of the listed plants in my garden, and I see bees quite often during spring. I feel better after what I read here. Congrats color! :3

P.s: I shouldn't say it by I prefer spiders -- I love all those legs ~~ and they do not make scary sounds like bees and wasps and hornets. But yes, bees are much better than wasps! So chubby <3
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
H O P E F O R T H E B E S T, B U T P R E P A R E F O R T H E W O R S T.
heyo, this is maya. i'm a 21 y/o italian girl who loves manga, books and anime. also luv my sis and my bf.
muse and time are not good at all, but i'm doing my best for u. i started uni, so i have to make a
whole new time schedule. btw i always find time to check every now and then. have a nice day. ♡

━━━━━━ ❝ the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all. ❞ ━━━━━━

Sila
Silver Belt

Post by Sila » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:25 am

Aww I'm glad you enjoyed this, thank you for your awesome words and having a great garden! I know it's wonderful to spread the word about bees and to find so many people who love seeing them around. Come spring there should be more coming to your garden! Oh but yeah I agree, I hate mosquitos too haha and yes bees love lavender, it smells great :) I'm looking to get some lemon grass... (I think that's the name) or bee balm next year, I hear the bees go nuts for it! Aww yes I can see how that accident could make anyone a bit frightened of them but at least you aren't rash and decide to kill them at first sight, accidents happen and can't be stopped. Sorry to hear about the car accident though :( I hope everyone made it out safely.

Lol spiders can be freaky but most of them are terrified of humans (probably except the ones in Australia... those could kill a human) but even though they aren't bees, rescuing them when they are in need is good too, just need to be careful around them.

Also, this goes for anyone but send pictures of your garden! I know it is too late for any pretty spring pictures but if you have some old photos of your pants and flowers post them! I would love to see everyone's garden, no matter how small! :)

Sila
Silver Belt

Post by Sila » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 pm

Tis the season again, anyone planning on planting anything special this year?

seattle
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Post by seattle » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:12 pm

• hello!!
    i thought this would be pretty important! honey nut cheerios is doin a
    really cool thing where they'll send you a packet of free wildflower seeds
    in an effort to help the bees. if you have any space to garden, whether it’s
    an actual garden or just some pots on a balcony, please do consider this
    source for some beautiful summer flowers that will also make bees very happy.
    here is the link to get your seeds! if i can find the links for countries outside
    of the US i'll edit this post. it's still really heckin cold where i am but we've
    already begun to buy fertilizer and all that fun stuff. i'm so excited for spring!!

Ineffable Woes
Green Belt
House: Sagacitas

Post by Ineffable Woes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:18 pm

• We have a huge garden and myself and my grandparents are in no physical state to regularly keep the lawn tidy and so on, BUT, what we have done is we planted wildflowers and such and the increase of wildlife we've seen is incredible. I do have a huge deathly allergy to bees so I can't really go outside anymore but I'm fine if I can survive indoors x3
[/center]

1x1?
Have use of wifi. Better replying from now.
Thank you SO much for being patient with me!

acanais48
White Belt

Post by acanais48 » Wed May 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Sila wrote:That's great news :) if you retire to raise bees then you'll have honey 24/7. Most people can't have the bee box but the plants definitely help. I've heard that using organic soil is better than soil with chemicals that make the plant grow assurances obsèques. If you do plant flowers get t organic because it's much better for the bees. I'm glad you found this interesting!
Thank you for the advice, but how to prove that this is not just the theory. Well, that's just my point of view.