tattoos + body mods

Chat, socialize and discuss.
thunderofthedrum
Site Administrator
House: Halcyon

Re: tattoos + body mods

Post by thunderofthedrum » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:29 pm

When I was a teen I liked the idea of a lip or eyebrow piercing, but never had the guts or full commitment (and I'm glad I didn't). I just have regular ear piercings but I do have a tattoo (Star Wars) and plans for another (Harry Potter).

I didn't quarrel with parents as I was in my twenties for the tattoo but it did cause a bit of trouble as my parents aren't big on them. I always worried about visibility being an issue with jobs (so definitely keep that in mind since they are permanent!), however my current one is small and usually covered and the next will be small and also discreet. Not hidden, but not super noticeable.

Some industries care about tattoos and some don't (same with piercings), so definitely give it some thought! For example, an auto mechanic with arm tattoos probably won't have a problem, but a teacher with a full sleeve may have some issues getting hired in certain areas (I do know a few teachers with small but visible tattoos). My fields are biology and GIS, so small ones aren't an issue.

┌─────────────────┐
If you ever see harassment, spam, fights, bullying,
or even just something that MAY be
hurtful/inappropriate but you aren't sure,
don't hesitate to report! Staff is there to help.
My door is always open.
RulesSorting QuizStaff Page

└─────────────────┘

Typical Aquarius
Purple Belt
House: Unsorted

Post by Typical Aquarius » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:45 pm

• Oh, this could be a fun thread if it were a bit more active!

I currently have 4 tattoos and 7 piercings.
    I plan on getting 8-15 more tattoos :P
    I am hoping to get the money for a new one for my birthday in February- I need my fix!

Eccedentesiast
Overseer

Post by Eccedentesiast » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:53 pm

• currently have two holes in my ears and a navel ring
      plans for a triple helix in my left cartilage and a cross tattoo on the back of my upper back/lower neck
      eue

i know what you mean, though, Thunder
      i'm going into medical/surgery so mine have to pretty much be hidden
      some hospitals wouldn't care but I know many do.
      it's sad but its almost like you can't get any visible tattoos because you may be limiting yourself in the long run
ImageImage
— a n d t o a l l a g o o d n i g h t —

city,
Yellow Belt
House: Sagacitas

Post by city, » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:14 am

• Hey there guys! I've scrolled through this thread and noticed there have been a few postings on nose piercings. Recently I've convinced my parents to let me get my nose pierced, and while I've been wanting this for a long time I'm still a little scared cx I only have a standard lobe piercing right now and the pain was only a sharp squeeze that lasted probably a half an hour after I was pierced, with thankfully no blood. Can anyone explain the process of getting your nose pierced, maybe the pain amount, and other information that I might be interested in? It would be so helpful if I could learn just a little bit more about what I'm getting into c: Thank you!

unscattered.
Red Belt

Post by unscattered. » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:21 am

I have my nose pierced, it was the first of seven I got in one sitting. I'd browse quite a few piercers before choosing who to go to and look how they place it on the nose, get a feel for where you like it and who does it like that. It was the second most painful one I got, but I'm super sensitive about my nose and face area in general. Mine bled quite a bit but so did m other piercings (not my lobe) and it was a little alarming when he gave me a tissue to wipe it away that he also warned me not to pull it out accidentally with the tissue. The pain didn't last for very long though compared to my other piercings, just sort of a dull ache for the next few hours, but I may have been focused on my ears more so idk
They're easy to change if you have the nose bone/stud, which I went with. I don't live any where near a piercer so I couldn't stop in to have them change the L studs or screws for me and I can't do those myself. I've never had a problem with my nose bone staying in, except when I first got it I'd pull it out at night since it would catch on my pillow so I just started wearing a bandaid over it when I slept. Looked ridiculous but it worked for it to heal.
So yeah, there's a run down

Blacksteel Alchemist
Global Moderator

Post by Blacksteel Alchemist » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:28 am

I have one tattoo and I have five ear piercings. Two in one ear and three in the other. I have two lobe piercings in each ear, and a cartilage piercing in my right ear. And my tattoo is AKF (Always keep fighting) surrounded by an infinity loop with one end as a heart on my wrist.
Criminal Minds Fanfic
Supernatural Fanfic
1x1 search
Currently looking for a Criminal Minds or a Supernatural rp.
Image⎜FEMALE⎜23⎜STAY AT HOME DAUGHTER⎜INTP⎜♓︎ ⎜Image

Kami
Roleplay Moderator

Post by Kami » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:36 pm

I'm actually a nerd when it comes to body modification. :)

Back when I was about seven years old, I got my earlobes pierced for the first time. About five years later I got two more holes in my right ear and then when I was in 11th grade, I got two more - one in my left ear and the other in the cartilage of my right one.

Last year, in March I got my tongue pierced against my parents' permission, but they didn't force me to take it out.

On December 30th, I got my first tattoo done by an amazing artist here in Lithuania at the studio "3MONKEYS". c:

I'm planning to get a little owl done sometime later. ♥
xxxxxImage
Hello! ❄
I'm Kami, a Roleplay Moderator here on AS. Feel free to message me if anything comes up, my inbox is always open. I love chatting about things not related to AS, too. I promise that I don't bite!

Muse:
◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◇◇◇
Time: ◆◆◆◆◇◇◇◇◇◇

❄ I am a proud member of
Sagacitas! ❄

Unfortunately, my search is closed right now! With exceptions.

My Writings | Search | Storage

spot
Red Belt

Post by spot » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:12 pm

• if i had more money (i'm in college so i'm poor lolololol) i'd have several tattoos by now
    but alas i have none. i do have piercings, though. like... sixteen of them lol. in the order i got them:

• - double lobe piercings on both ears
      - navel (14g)
      - double forward helix on left ear (16g) that was originally done as a triple, but the third didn't fit right
      - double cartilage on left ear (16g)
      - nose on right side (pierced at 20g, i moved up to 18g)
      - industrial on right ear (14g)
      - double lower cartilage/"auricles" on right ear (16g)
      - nipples (14g)

i got those last four done in one sitting and like... ow. that was an adventure lol. but it's only been
    like three weeks and they're all basically painless, so i got lucky!!
Imagexx
╒═══════════════════╕
spot ○ 20 ○ enfp ○ halcyon

filmmaker/photographer
cat mom in michigan
formerly known as coriander.

currently: double major + film work
instagramcat instagramsearch

╘═══════════════════╛

kaetzchen.
Orange Belt

Post by kaetzchen. » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:52 am

• I'm considering getting a tattoo within the next two-three weeks of a compass between my shoulder blades.

Any tips for a first timer?

The next one I'll be getting after is a Latin saying in Greek on the right hand of my ribcage "Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε"
[/size]
info;; looking for fantasy roleplays~
mood;; feeling nostalgic
muse;; semi-literate to literate, just got back on
after a year of being MIA!

events;; London (January)
extra;; timezone my roleplay

toast
Gold Belt

Post by toast » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:52 am

• the only reason i'm not allowed to get a tattoo is because i'm still a minor but both of my sisters have tattoos and i already told my mom i wanted one for my 18th and she's chill with it. i have my next few planned out already and my first one is for my mother right below my collar bone (easy to cover as long as I don't wear tank tops and as a vet tech, that would be a bad idea) the other locations are pretty easy to cover as well. I plan on getting one on my shoulder blade, thigh/hip, potentially a small one on my ribs, and one somewhere on my upper arm which would easily be hidden by the sleeves of scrubs.
    My issue won't be covering them up. It'll be not panicking when I'm getting them done. A fear of needles is probably not good for someone who desires tattoos. I don't even have my ears pierced oops.
thats how it is on this bitch of an earth.
xx
get him derry
you can cross-fuck off
xx

xx
because i'm lazy;;
brainstorm thread // form thread // summer prompts