video games! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Chat, socialize and discuss.
aphelion
Red Belt
House: Unsorted

video games! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by aphelion » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:41 pm

yeah basically video games are pretty cool, amirite?
you've probably played them before, probably cried playing, maybe
even broken a keyboard or two. or you're like me and call your
friend over to kill the spiders in the name. either way, you play a
video game, you're a gamer! so i figured it'd be cool to have a
thread set up to share steam names, friend codes, or any other
gaming platform you might use! also to share your own personal
library, obnoxious amount of gaming merchandise, or really anything
that's game related. you'll see my massive pokemon game collection
for sure and maybe even set up a steam group or do some livestreams.

steam group: advanced scribe nerds
Last edited by aphelion on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aphelion
Red Belt

Re: video games! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Post by aphelion » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:43 pm

• i'm aphelion! or aphy for short. i only have a 3DS and computer with me on campus, but plan on a WiiU for splatoon in the future!

here's my specs though!

Steam (galatix-nerd):
        • 7 Days to Die
          Amnesia: The Dark Descent
          Awesomenauts
          Bastion
          BattleBlock Theater
          Bioshock (all three)
          Borderlands 2 (current obsession)
          Botanicula
          Castle Crashers
          The Cave
          Deponia
          Don't Starve (reign of giants, shipwreck & don't starve together)
          Edna & Harvey
          Emily is Away
          Five Nights at Freddy's (got a Mac now though </3)
          Fran Bow
          Garry's Mod (have tons of expansion packs, including TF2 and prop hunters)
          Goat Simulator
          Gods Will Be Watching
          Hatoful Boyfriend
          Hotline Miami (fav soundtrack)
          Left 4 Dead 2
          Lego Star Wars ??
          Life is Strange
          LIMBO
          LISA
          Little Inferno
          The Long Dark
          Long Live The Queen
          LYNE
          Memoria
          Monster Loves You!
          Never Alone
          Octodad: Dadliest Catch
          Organ Trail
          Oxenfree (<3)
          Papers, Please
          Pid
          Please, Don't Touch Anything
          Portal & Portal 2
          Shelter
          Skullgirls
          Sleeping Dogs
          The Stanley Parable
          Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
          Stardew Valley
          A Story About My Uncle
          Subnautica
          The Talos Principle
          Transistor
          Undertale
          VA-11 Hall-A (rec to anyone!)
          Viridi
          VVVVVV
          The Walking Dead (iPad only)
          The Whispered World
          Who's Your Daddy
          The Witcher (1, 2, &3)
          The Wolf Among Us
        PlayStation 3:
        • Borderlands (all games, all DLC)
          Dragon Age Trilogy
          Mass Effect Trilogy
          Skyrim
          The Last of Us
          Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
        3DS (4828-6036-3689):
        • Animal Crossing: New Leaf
          Pokemon X
          Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
          Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
        Miscellanous Games I Played:
        • Catherine
          Beyond Two Souls
          Bioshock
          Broken Age
          Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
          Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
          Cry of Fear
          Desert Nightmare
          Dishonored
          Fatal Frame
          Ib
          Legend of Zelda (all of them)
          Mad Father
          Minecraft
          Ori and the Blind Forest
          Papo & Yo
          Pokemon (legit on every game for hand-held consoles)
          Rule of Rose
          The Cat Lady
          The Order: 1886
          The Last of Us
          The Mirror Lied
          The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
          To the Moon
          Underhell
          Valiant Hearts
          White Day
        Minecraft: galatix-nerd (currently reactivating it)

Favorite Genres:
        • Bad Sim Dating
          Sims
          Horror
          Pixel Games
          Indie
          Games with cool concepts and like movies
        Miitomo:
        • add me on twitter and I'll add you back so we can be friends!
        it'd be really cool if some of you guys had similar games so we could start up a steam group or trade pokemon or something! :D or if you don't have money for video games and wanna watch someone fuck it up badly, i've got the specs to livestream games with very bad commentary and fall out boy music.

after i get my paycheck, i'll have an xbox and be able to kick all your asses at gta as well <3 that's my biggest craving to play right now and anything pixel horror or free lol
[/size]
Last edited by aphelion on Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
chris | he & him | search | storage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ○ ○ ○ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
busy schedule but
back for now!

tomori
Brown Belt
House: Halcyon

Post by tomori » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 am

Hey there, my name means 'secret' in Japanese but whatever, you can call me Alex ^u^ I'm a seriously addicted gamer and I can spend hours and hours on any console that I have. I watch let's plays, commentary and other gamers on youtube all the time, especially if they are playing games I don't have myself.

At this moment, i have an Xbox 360, a 3DS, a PS4 and a Wii, as well as a Mac- but everyone knows that if you want to play games on Mac, you have a limited selection of free games and that limited selection sucks :c
But yay, let's go onto what games I have played.

3DS, DS and Wii:
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Nintendogs {R.I.P to the dogs I haven't fed since 2008}
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Brothers 1 & 2

{I'm sure I've played more, but I have a bad memory XD}

PS4:
Life is Strange {currently playing}
The Last of Us
Killzone: Shadowfall
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Watch_Dogs
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Assassin's Creed Unity & Dead Kings DLC

Xbox 360:
The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2
GTA V {but my mum made me sell it... bitch}
Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 & 2
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim {currently obsessed with it <3}
Guitar Hero III
Guitar Hero Aerosmith
Guitar Hero Metallica
Minecraft

Mac:
The Sims 3 & 4
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Team Fortress 2

Games I have watched:
Beyond: Two Souls {cried at this}
Five Nights at Freddy's
I am Bread
Portal
Portal 2
The Stanley Parable
Garry's Mod
Scribblenauts
To The Moon
Various Oculus Rift Games
Catherine
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons {cried :c}
Minecraft

Yep, so that's the games I play c: I see we like a few games in common, and I can definitely tell you that a few of these games made me cry XD Hope we can be all nerdy and talk about gaming together c:

aphelion
Red Belt

Post by aphelion » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:22 am

• nice to meet you Alex! Let's plays are one of my guilty pass times honestly! I usually watch Markiplier, Cryaotic (forever bae, he's my first), CinnamonToastKin, and whoever I end up stumbling on!

ah yeah, I have a Mac too. It's a bummer, but I have a friend installing windows on my laptop hopefully soon so I can run a Mac for schoolwork and Windows for gaming!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Animal Crossing! I love that game so much <3 I haven't been good to my town for a few days, but I'm really interested in visiting other towns and playing games on the island with other people, on New Leaf that is.

oh yeah, we have a lot of games in common. Beyond Two Souls, The Walking Dead, The Last of Us, To The Moon, and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons made me cry so hard, like no joke, especially The Walking Dead. rip my heart </3 Lee killed me in the first season, but The Last of Us because Joel ;A;

I'm also playing Life is Strange right now as well! Albeit, not on the PS4 and probably illegal in multiple ways, but it's such a beautiful game and A+ story as well. I'm a sucker for very visual games

I'd also think you'd really like playing or watching Dishonored based on your games! It's an Assassin Creed's meets the black plague with witchcraft and rats
[/size]
busy schedule but
back for now!

tomori
Brown Belt
House: Halcyon

Post by tomori » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:13 am

Hehe c: Well if I can find my 3DS charger, I'll definitely start up New Leaf again and give you my friend code! (・ω・)
And I know, Life is Strange is such a beautiful game, but I'm still wandering how the last two episodes will go, because after I finished Episode 2, I thought I had an understanding of what would happen... But after Episode 3, it took a whole new angle and now I have no idea what will happen next. I'm watching a whole load of fan theories on YouTube trying to understand it all!

Beyond Two Souls, The Walking Dead, The Last of Us and Brothers all made me cry really hard, but I didn't cry at Season 2's ending of The Walking Dead, mainly because I kept Kenny alive- but I watched other YouTubers kill Kenny and it made me cry a river (*≧д≦) I didn't cry at the ending of The Last of Us, I only cried at the end of the intro when Sarah died :c

Darn it Quantic Dream, y u no release Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls on PS4?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I've never heard of a game called Dishonored, actually! I'll check it out ^u^ When it comes to YouTube gamers, my guilty pleasures are CinnamonToastKen, JackSepticEye and PewDiePie. I've been subscribed to Pewds since I was eleven years old, so he's been in my life for a very long time XD

But it's very nice to meet you too, Aphy!

morbid thoughts
Green Belt

Post by morbid thoughts » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:34 pm

[/size]
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
x
i have these thoughts so often i ought
to replace that slot with what i once bought

aphelion
Red Belt

Post by aphelion » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:54 pm

• @alex
        you should! :D also b/c i need a place to sell my hoard of oranges as well for more bells lol
        duuuuude i know, theory videos are my life though so for almost any game, i usually watch them. five nights at freddy's i really enjoy because some theories are like A+ and others are just so out of it, you almost think it could be true

i killed kenny oops, i mean i really like kenny, but he had a lot of mental health issues and I was just like "nope, not letting you hurt/kill clem too, sorry man" but the fucking lee flashbacks in the second season are what killed me. i will admit, i bawled like a baby watching them

it's really good! i rarely like action games, but i like it. the ending though, everyone hates the ending, so warning on that. it's one of the shittiest game endings honestly. the order: 1886 is really good too, but it's like not finished yet? idk, the ending on it was very iffy

@ineffable
        i gotta figure out a cool nickname for you lol

sounds like we have the same gaming systems! i just bypass a lot of restrictions on my mac to play xbox and playstation games though

but yessss <3 i love pugs and i love that game so much! it's just perfection and fulfills my lonely heart's need to go out on a date. i mean, i'd rather date a dug any day than go out with a fuckboy. i'll see if i still have my screenshots as well because your's are funny as hell
[/size]
busy schedule but
back for now!

Märchen
Orange Belt
House: Vipera

Post by Märchen » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:34 am

/crawls onto thread

Uh so I'm Märchen (which means fairy tale in German) but you guys can call me Erin owo I have been playing video games ever since I was p tiny with my first two systems being a Gamecube and a Gameboy Advance. At the moment, I currently have that same Gamecube, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Wii, Wii U, and a PS3. As you can tell, I did not grow up with Playstation since my parents felt that Nintendo had better games for younger kids but now I mostly play games on the PS3, 3DS and Wii U. I don't play games on my computer because I have a Mac and I just prefer playing with a controller versus a keyboard and mouse. I REALLY want a PS4 but my mom won't buy me one and I'm poor as hell so ;~;

I'm WAY too lazy to list every game I've played, so I'm just going to list my favorites?? I guess??

[*] Legend of Zelda (Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Link Between Worlds, Hyrule Warriors)
[*] Kingdom Hearts (1st and 2nd, 365/2 days, Dream Drop Distance, Re:coded. I have not played Birth by Sleep or Chain of Memories, unfortunately)
[*] Sly Cooper (I played the first three but not Thieves in Time)
[*] The Last of Us (Best game I've ever played tbh)
[*] Tomb Raider (I've played the first one and the 2013 remake)
[*] Fire Emblem Awakening
[*] Kid Icarus Uprising
[*] NINTENDOGS...
[*] Beyond Two Souls
[*] One Piece: Pirate Warriors (I played the first two and I'm anxiously awaiting the third one to be released in the US!!!)
[*] Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (I only played 3 and Revolution. The 4th one isn't coming out on the PS3 tho /cries)
[*] Life is Strange
[*] Bioshock Infinite (Along with Burial at Sea. I want to play the first and second Bioshock tho.)
[*] Like a TON of Mario games (Mario Party, Mario Galaxy, a few of the sports related ones, Mario 3D world, etc.)
[*] The Walking Dead game (Played both seasons and they're both sad as hell ;~;)
[*] The Wolf Among Us
[*] Super Smash Bros (I've played all of them except the 64 version)
[*] Assassin's Creed (I don't remember which ones I've played tbh????)
[*] Animal Crossing (Only played New Leaf)

There's probably some that I missed but w/e ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hi im erin and my life is a mess : )

alex
Brown Belt
Location: somewhere at the bottom of the river between vega and altair OR prolly beanin'

Post by alex » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:40 pm

• [coughs] well there's alreadY an aleX HEre so uh just call me baby boy (ooh kinky) lmaO
        or al-pal, whatever xD

anYWAYs i'm way too lazy to actually list all the games i've played, but right now i'm hooked on harvest moon: friends of mineral town. i wanna play it on my game boy advance sp, but i have no idea where the charger is, so i've been playing it on my ds lite xD

update: i just made a bid that has 1 hour left on an original ds xD oh yeah, spending three dollars xD
Last edited by alex on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

aphelion
Red Belt

Post by aphelion » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:19 am

• hello hello! i am getting behind on my "job" here lol

@Erin
        yoooo you sort of collect gameboys too! :D i currently own gameboy color, gameboy advanced, gameboy advanced SP (two), nintendo DS (two), and my 3DS. I have an original gameboy somewhere but i lost it lol. my parents felt the same way about nintendo and i honestly don't feel like i got left out of much besides maybe a few games. they didn't like any consoles that plugged into televisions actually

you know you can set up a Mac to have PC on it? mine's about to do that and they have USB port controllers as well! it's a pretty cool setup

dude same game interests though! I haven't played everything on your list, but I've at least watched playthroughs of them or had my friend beat it, mainly Legend of Zelda because i'm 20000% terrified of the spiders on there and just can't get through it without him killing them

but a fellow naruto gamer! I've only played the gameboy versions of it and have like one DS game, but they're pretty fun nonetheless! but yes, last of us is the best zombie game i've ever played. there's a lot of plot and story, but a shit ton of action too and hella sad story. just like the walking dead ;A; still wanting to know when season 3 is coming out

@alex-2 (cause baby boy is now hella uncomfortable for me to use)
        haven't ever played harvest moon! I'm more into animal crossing and rune factory myself. Rune Factory is a v good game, like harvest moon, but better art and has a leveling/fighting aspect of it as well. I always end up with the witch girl in my games <3

ALSO ANYONE WITH DONT STARVE ON YOUR LAPTOP SHOULD GIVE ME YOUR STEAM NAME SO WE CAN PLAY DONT STARVE TOGETHER. TEMPTED TO BUY IT FOR SOMEONE TOO DURING STEAM SUMMER SALE
[/size]
busy schedule but
back for now!