THE GIANT CHAT ROOM (pt4)

Chat, socialize and discuss.

Should Advanced Scribes be locked until everything is finalized and complete?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 151

Strider
Silver Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: THE GIANT CHAT ROOM (pt4)

Post by Strider » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Chicken Smoothie isn't a bad site, in my opinion. It's good for the age group it's geared for.
The simple truth is it's a site for ten year olds. Not young adults/and or adults. So if you go on there you're going to have to expect to be treated like a child.

YOU DON'T NEED THEM TO BELIEVE IN YOU
────────────── on lock────────────
┌───────────────────┐

───────────────────────────────────
"they say you die twice. when you take your final breath,
and when someone says your name for the last time."
----------------
11/06/1992 - 12/29/2017

└───────────────────┘
────── and see it through──────

thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Post by thunderofthebun » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:46 pm

^ Agreed. Chicken Smoothie really is intended to be family friendly and, while that may not suit older teens and adults, that's fine. For younger members, it may be a great fit as their parents may not feel comfortable with their kids on a site where inappropriate pics may be okay (even tasteful or natural), swearing occurs, or links are not regulated. Youtube has both good and awful videos, sharing tumblrs and orher social media could encourage the spread of potentially personal information, etc. While I find the rule about sharing ages annoying, I CAN see why parents would not want their children sharing ages - whether it is truthful and potentially making them a naive target, or lying and then someone exposing them to too much, having believed the lie of 17 years old for example.
Obey the rules or walk the plank.

cerise
Attendant

Post by cerise » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:15 pm

CS is...interesting. I got really into trading (still have some hella "valuable" pets I'm quasi-proud of) and that sort of made it a bit more fun. The forums are really just full of immaturity and uptight hypocrites from my experience, however. I first got into writing there, but the addition of such strict rules and regulations was a real turn off. I sound like an old lady, but I remember the days on CS where mods didn't monitor as closely, and the staff were more approachable. I like this site because the staff are human, and you can form a rapport a lot more readily. I still bounce on and off CS, but mainly for the amusement purpose and the pets.

It does what it's supposed to do: provide entertainment for younger teens and kids, so I can't really blame it for much. Hell, I bet many of the mods are younger than we think.

Night Fury
Admin Aide
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Post by Night Fury » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:21 pm

I enjoyed CS while it lasted. Especially the pet trading.
But after awhile I think it's just safe to say that I grew out of it and wanted something more mature for me.
I personally enjoy AS's freedom to be able to just write without worrying about too many rules to constrict me.
───────────────────────────────
xw' a' r 'm x' m 'e 'xu 'p'x i'n x't ' h 'e'
┌──────────────┐
''

Currently my muse and time are so-so, but I
may still be interested in starting something
up if anyone has something in mind~ Please
feel free to ask any questions. My PMs are
always open and I'll be happy to assist you.
My tumblr.

└──────────────┘

Esspe
Green Belt
House: Sagacitas

Post by Esspe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:34 pm

• I have to second what a lot of other people are saying. Yes, it's a kid site, but I definitely do remember a time where the mods weren't so overbearing. It was very rare that you'd get a warning, actually. In the year that I started detaching myself from CS and moving elsewhere (advanced scribe baby yeah), I was getting near daily messages about something I did. I personally outgrew the style of roleplay that was allowed on CS and found AS through that. And I'm glad I did for multiple reasons.
{7/13} - having a hard time getting motivated. if you wish to end an rp, let me know. i will be upping my activity and focusing on prompts.
heyo! i'm esspe, the resident alien. i'm currently open for 1x1s or group roleplays, so i may be able to
handle 2 or 3! i'm a full-time college student. however, i do waste spend quite a bit of my free time
(if not, all of it) on as. feel free to drop me a PM if you have questions or just want to chat. c:
my time. want to roleplay? my characters.
roleplays: [] Artio
[-]: in draft | []: wip | [x]: replied

muse: ●●●●●●●●●time:●●●●●●●●●motivation: ●●●●●●◌◌◌◌

Strider
Silver Belt

Post by Strider » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:56 pm

The only rules we've had to hammer down on lately has been spam - lately people have been using AS just as a board to forward external sites and as they aren't actually contributing to the community it was marked as spam but that's the most we've had to bust people for. It must be harder for CS considering they have thousands of members to deal with - I can imagine patience would wear thin. We're lucky to have such a well bahaved and overall mature community.

YOU DON'T NEED THEM TO BELIEVE IN YOU
────────────── on lock────────────
┌───────────────────┐

"they say you die twice. when you take your final breath,
and when someone says your name for the last time."
----------------
11/06/1992 - 12/29/2017

└───────────────────┘
────── and see it through──────

awakening souls.
Red Belt

Post by awakening souls. » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:42 pm

i applaud the as staff team for keeping their cool over these years. i can understand what you're trying to say, strider, that because cs has many more members they might not be so tolerant, but sometimes, their impatience wears thin on me.

they leave no room for mistake. if you do happen to make a small error, there's no going back for you. they'll be on your case in minutes.

but instead of whining about cs, i should be appreciating as, the one that always leaves me in awe (in a good way, of course!) and always has my back. keep up the good work staff, and thank you for everything you've done for the site and its users!

Pirate-At-Heart
Black Belt

Post by Pirate-At-Heart » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:15 am

• is anyone else having a problem where it won't let you use more than ten list tags in a row? after ten, they just show up as text.
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-two year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: poking its head out
• • •
d&d forum game

thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Post by thunderofthebun » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:54 pm

This thread is now closed.

Please head over to our new Great Hall to continue discussions!
Obey the rules or walk the plank.