History Facts 101

Chat, socialize and discuss.
butterspoon
Green Belt
House: Sagacitas

History Facts 101

Post by butterspoon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:53 am

I've noticed some interest in history from other users, so I figured I'd make a chat about it!
If you want to know a fun fact, go ahead and post a question, place, or time period,
and make sure you bold it!
Historians, feel free to respond to inquiries!
Or, you know, just post a fun fact.

butterspoon
Green Belt

Re: History Facts 101

Post by butterspoon » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:27 pm

• FUN FACT: Cleopatra was the only pharaoh to print her face on commonor coins so all the people, not just nobles, knew what she looked like.
[/size]

westy,
Brown Belt
House: Vipera

Post by westy, » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 am

• ^ that is cool. o.o i never knew that.

fun fact: the longest war ever recorded lasted from 1651 to 1986. it was between Netherlands and the Isles of Scilly. during the war there were no casualties.

butterspoon
Green Belt

Post by butterspoon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:15 am

• whaaaat okay that's something I gotta look into that's crazy

FUN FACT: Pinball was illegal for ~30 years because it was considered gambling. It was proven to be a game of skill by Roger Sharpe and the ban was repealed in 1976.
[/size]

Lance Corporal
Blue Belt

Post by Lance Corporal » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 am

^I heard about that on the American Heroes Channel actually.

Fun Fact: In 1952 Albert Einstein was offered the role of Israel’s second President, but he declined.
Image Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Lee is going to do. Some of you always seem to think he is suddenly going to turn a double somersault, and land in our rear and on both of our flanks at the same time. Go back to your command, and try to think what we are going to do ourselves, instead of what Lee is going to do. ~General "Unconditional
Surrender" Grant
============================legend □=Stuck| ■=Waiting| ○=Draft done| ●=Replied~Celliur~ {□} || blackpearl44 {■●} || momoko_kumori {■●}TheEdenProjectLove {■●} || juliall {■●} || Italy {○}Ariana Black {?}{?}{?}{?} There is a thing called real life and writer's block. Please no harassing me for replies. Muse= ----------

westy,
Brown Belt

Post by westy, » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:44 am

• ooooooooooooooooh i know that one ^

fun fact: Pope Gregory IX stated that cats were associated with devil worship. cats throughout europe were then exterminated, and later this bit them in the butt. since the decline of the population of cats, the rat population grew, which then lead to the spread of infected rats that carried the black plague. the plague killed around 100 million people.

r.i.p. to all the kitties :'(

Lance Corporal
Blue Belt

Post by Lance Corporal » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:55 am

^ It was also because of their ties to witches. I'm not sure if that was just in the UK or throughout Europe. And it was actually the black rat that carried the plague. Norway rats are immune to the plague and so do not carry it.

Fun Fact
: The Parliament of Iceland is the oldest still acting parliament in the world. It was established in 930.
Image Oh, I am heartily tired of hearing about what Lee is going to do. Some of you always seem to think he is suddenly going to turn a double somersault, and land in our rear and on both of our flanks at the same time. Go back to your command, and try to think what we are going to do ourselves, instead of what Lee is going to do. ~General "Unconditional
Surrender" Grant
============================legend □=Stuck| ■=Waiting| ○=Draft done| ●=Replied~Celliur~ {□} || blackpearl44 {■●} || momoko_kumori {■●}TheEdenProjectLove {■●} || juliall {■●} || Italy {○}Ariana Black {?}{?}{?}{?} There is a thing called real life and writer's block. Please no harassing me for replies. Muse= ----------

westy,
Brown Belt

Post by westy, » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 am

• ^ go iceland. i support them. c;

fun fact: a dna test done on king tut, showed that his parents were incestual. they were cousins.

butterspoon
Green Belt

Post by butterspoon » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 am

• ^^ follow up King Tut also had a club foot and womanly hips and married his mother. His father attempted to instill a new religion revolving around Amun the moon goddess rather than ra the sun goddess, hence his full name TutenkAMUN. As a teenager, he was killed by a blunt force blow to the head, supposedly by his advisor. His tomb was then hidden underground, hastily thrown together, and only one chamber so he would be forgotten.

EDIT: sister. He married his sister. Rookie mistake, Kleo...
[/size]
Last edited by butterspoon on Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Celliur~
Red Belt

Post by ~Celliur~ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Japan is the world's oldest monarchy, officially founded in 660 B.C.