History Facts 101

Chat, socialize and discuss.
AlmightyTallest
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: History Facts 101

Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Not related to any of the fabulous wars discussed above (perhaps fabulous isn't the word), the reason people mount horses from the left side is because way back in the days when men were men and carried swords, they carried their swords on the left so prevent them from sitting on the sword, stabbing themselves, and/or stabbing the horse, they always mounted from the left. And over the years, people just kept mounting from the left, although unfortunately, most people no longer carry swords or charge into war on horseback.
I'm pretty sure my one horse would be okay with charging into battle, he's pretty cool. The other idiot would probably kill me, but thats fine.
Hey, follow my tumblr account for book reviews, character analysis, and rants! (also so I don't feel so lonely, lol. ShadowSingingSassenach

Hey guys! So, I will be studying abroad this Spring semester, and will be spending about 4 months. I will still be online and replying, but my replies might come at straneg times!
thunderofthebun
Administrator
House: Halcyon

Re: History Facts 101

Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:22 pm

^ True story; I learned that years ago but I can't remember where. I was always taught to mount from the left, though beyond that some places have varied.

More recently, I read that Agatha Christie (the mystery writer) went missing randomly for a week or two. I can't remember the details though.
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Also make sure you are ALWAYS up to date on announcements!