Acne Discussion

Chat, socialize and discuss.
~Celliur~
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Acne Discussion

Post by ~Celliur~ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:26 pm

This is where people can post their acne healing stories and other acne related things so those who suffer from acne can try some of the tips other users say.

Tips:
1. Dr. McDougall Diet// Celliur
2. Tip / From User
Last edited by ~Celliur~ on Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Celliur~
Red Belt

Re: Acne Discussion

Post by ~Celliur~ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:32 pm

So I suffer from acne, it use to terrible, but it hasn't worsened too much, but this week I have been breaking out. I remember I did eat two tiny chocolate pieces then all Hell broke loose. Any tips? During my middle school years, I didn't suffer from acne. I just had a few pimples here and there, but it worsened in high school.

I get pretty embarrassed about my acne even though there are a lot of kids at my school that suffer from acne problems. I just don't want scarring on my face even if there are laser surgeries to prevent scarring. I did an allergy test, but there was no serious allergies or minor ones. My parents have tried everything even diets, a diet called the McDougall diet where you eat no fats, no oils, nor dairy, no sugar helped my face quite a lot. I recommend that!

Cashmere
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Post by Cashmere » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi Celliur!
I hear you about the acne problem - I don't personally suffer too badly from it however I have a friend who suffered really badly so you're not alone. A helpful tip she learnt over time was to regularly change her bed sheets - it sounds crazy I know right? But all the oils and dirt from your face collect on your bedsheets as you sleep so she got into the habit of changing her sheets (if not all, just the pillow cases) once every week, and every other night she would flip the pillow over to lie on the opposite side to regulate the amount of bacteria she was allowing to touch her face (sorry if that sounds a bit gross). I know it's not ground-breaking and the results were minimal, but it's a tip anyone can use and I thought would be helpful to share as it costs nothing and doesn't take much effort to do.
Hope this helped :)

~Celliur~
Red Belt

Post by ~Celliur~ » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:26 pm

I usually try to wash my sheets and pillow every day and wash my hair too (Which is a pain)! But thanks! c:

SklarmaDakflam
Red Belt
House: Halcyon

Post by SklarmaDakflam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:10 am

• This may sound so simple, you may think that there's no way it would work. Drink more water. People are supposed to drink 8-11 cups of water per day, but almost nobody does. Drinking water has a ton of positive health effects, though. Some studies show that drinking water can give you more energy, make you happier, give you better sleep, and it has a lot of other health benefits. One of which is less acne.

Your body eliminates waste in your pee, which is made up mostly of water. By drinking more water, your body can de-toxify and get rid of all the bad chemicals and toxins you eat/drink/produce. This will help acne problems.

There are lots of people who did scientific studies on the effects of drinking water, and there are lots of people who do the water gallon challenge (drink 1 gallon of water a day for one month). Go research it, it's actually really interesting.

Change your pillow case every few nights is a good idea. I would also recommend washing your face before bed (to get less oils on my pillow) and first thing in the morning (to wash off any oils from overnight).

sforzando.
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Post by sforzando. » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:53 am

hi potentially dead topic i'm about to skrt you into existence again

i suffer from horrid acne problems, and i have all throughout middle & high school, a problem that doesn't run in my family anywhere. everyone on both sides has had clear skin all their lives, and i, of course, got the sh*tty gene.
i naturally have light freckles only on my cheeks, and now that my skin has slightly cleared, it's very difficult to tell the difference between freckles and scars - and the freckles visible look more like scars than they should.
i have been using murad face wash with a cheap $20 face brush since winter break 2015 - i remember it because i stopped wearing foundation that week before. it was bad. murad had very good reviews, better than proactive, so i started using it.
now the road to clear skin hasn't been smooth, that's for sure. i still have acne (usually at its worse around that time of month, but that's normal) but compared to 2015, it's amazingly clear. so I highly recommend using murad and a face brush.
i have very oily skin. very very oily skin. i often make jokes about how i don't need oily lotion for my hands, all i have to do is run them against my face and it works just the same. a freshman last year gave me a bottle of eskinol pimple fighting facial deep cleanser and told me she used it and it cleared her skin, and so i was like "yeah okaaay sure" but i took it anyway and used it and oh my gosh that stuff was magic. i think my skin has kinda grown immune to it, or im just used to the effects by now, but it saved my life. within a few days my skin was so much whiter (i'm porcelain color so the whiter, the better) and glowing and i swear by it. i took it out of my routine as i started using some new products and i'm unsure of where to use it again, but it is a lifesaver
recently (like last week), i bought african black soap or whatever it's called after seeing a lot of good reviews, so we're working on that now and i may come back and post how good it's been. same thing with freeman antistress clay mask, which i've used maybe twice so far.
so if anyone is looking for new face washes and what not, what i bolded & underlined is extremely useful. my routine is currently using murad with the brush at night before bed, clay mask on mondays and fridays, and then african black soap in the morning when i wake up,
and i think i'm gonna throw in the eskinol cleanser in the morning too because it helps with oils
(i'm really bad at drinking only water and having a healthy diet, i literally do not eat more than a half of a meal during school because i don't have time, so it's difficult to have a healthy diet when you're eating less than a plate a night.)
ImageImageImageImageImage