Birthday Thread

Chat, socialize and discuss.
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin Aide
Location: In jail, probably, but that's okay because I work there.
House: Vipera

Birthday Thread

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:45 pm

Image Let us never know what old age is.
Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.
-Ausonius
  • Here's a place where you can wish each other a fantastic birthday, be it warm and sweet or obnoxious and hilarious.

Please remain on the topic of birthday wishes and take any other conversations to private messages.

Want to write a sweet something to someone that's off the topic of birthdays? Please do so in the Warm Fuzzies thread.

Happy Birthday!
caladrius-OLD
Blue Belt
House: Unsorted

Happy Birthday BRO

Sat May 27, 2017 1:06 am

TO THE BEST BRO THERE EVER WAS
I couldn't fall asleep tonight. I don't know why, but I just couldn't. But that's alright; if I had managed to fall asleep, I wouldn't have realized that it's your birthday today this early. Guess that's one thing to thank this sleepless night for. It's 1 AM, and I already managed to nearly fall down the stairs, by the way. Go me. At least I got to eat my banana yogurt. At 1 AM. You know, like a normal person does. But fuck all that. This isn't supposed to be about shitty old me, but about you. Buckle the fuck up, because I'm about to hit you with the feels like the emotional cripple I am. San's nothing compared to me. Fucking nothing son. Let's go. Time to get serious and make myself super uncomfortable by being this emotional and open about the things going on inside me. Just for you. Hope you're happy with this, you bush of assholes.

Let's see... I'm not even sure when we first talked? About a year ago? Yeah, sometime last summer, right? Right?? Fuck, I dunno, give me a break. The point is, it's been a while, yet you're still here for some reason? Wow, okay, that sounded rude as fuck, sorry bro. But you know that I don't mean that in the "please fuck off" way, more in the "how do you even put up with me" way. Because really, I'm kind of shitty and you deserve so much better than me. But, you know, I'm also glad that you somehow manage to stand being around me. There's not many people who are actually capable of that, y'know? It's one of many reasons as to why I keep disappearing from communities randomly. I rarely feel like I belong. I see all these people with their 100 friends, being social and having fun, and I'm just... kinda there, too anxious to interact with people, yet at the same time so desperate to be a part of something, to feel as though people value and like me. It's a hellish circle that makes it super hard for me to really get involved with anyone, let alone build lasting friendships.

You, on the other hand? I never had that problem with you. From the first message on, I felt completely at ease. I didn't feel the need to fake who I am around you. I didn't feel judged, or like I was just temporary amusement, or the replacement for someone else. It just felt right to spend time with you and just chat about shit, so it was also super easy for me to grow attached to you. Of course that attachment also came with my usual anxiety of losing you, just like I lost the majority of people I was fond of before you. Yet that never happened. No matter how often I disappeared, no matter how long it took me to show myself again, no matter how shitty I was, you were always there. As a matter of fact, you always offered your support. You always showed me that you care, and that alone is worth more than most other things.

... Shit, I realize now that I'm really bad at stuff like this. I can write emotional scenes for characters, no problem, but my own emotions are super icky. But fuck it, I started it, I'm going to finish this piece of shit, even if it kills me. I love you bro. I cherish our friendship a whole lot I almost wrote relationship what the fuck no, kind of the wrong word and I'm so, so glad to have you and count you among the very few online friends I actually have. You're such a lovely person, you're so kind and you deserve everything good in the world. I love your humour, I love your creativity, I love your writing, I love your characters. I love our headcanons, the long ass chats we have about a certain super gay asshole elf and his cat boyfriend and all of the AU versions of them. The murderous half dorito and the performer, the Altean slave and his Galra saviour, the two college kids with dads that loathe each other. It's always so much fun to come up with this kind of bullshit with you, and I wouldn't trade all of those times for anything else in the world. Playing Cards against Humanity with you was also super fun and we should totally do that again sometime but you better not win every damn round again, I swear to god I'll fuck you up mate.

Take care of yourself man. Not just for your own sake, but for mine too. I care more about other people than I care about myself, so please, please, promise me to take care of yourself. No matter how broken I am, no matter how mentally fucked I am, no matter how monotone and depressing my life is, I'll be able to carry on, as long as those I care about are doing good. And yes, that includes you too, so don't do stupid shit and make sure your body and mind and soul are in good shape, okay? Go do something great with your life. Not like me. Be happy. Achieve your goals. Follow your dreams. Be someone people can (and should) look up to. I know you can do it. You can do anything, and I promise I'll be by your side to support you, no matter what you decide to do. Unless you decide to go kill people. That's bad and hey, I'm not gonna judge you, but if the police asks, I don't know your ass. Other than that, go and have fun. Have a great and amazing life. Shit, now it sounds like I'm gonna be the one to leave, what the fuck even.

Uhh... I feel like this need some helpful advice? Since I'm an adult or some shit? Don't drink and drive. Also, don't mix hard liquor with other shit like energy drinks and juice. It tastes amazing, but you're probably gonna die. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. Don't follow creepy old men. Unless they promise you puppies. Then definitely follow them. Or not, I'm not your mom, I can't tell you what to do. But if I was your mom, I'd be proud to have given birth to a child like you. Just saying. Eat your vegetables and drink your milk, unless you want to end up short and ugly and inferior like I did. Don't ruin your ears by listening to music loudly 24/7, Tinnitus isn't worth it, it makes me wanna stab myself every night. When's the last time I enjoyed actual silence? Fuck, ask me something easier, will you? I'm human, not a god. Sadly. That'd be pretty dope. Go do some sports. It sucks dick, I know, but your body will thank you. It'll also make your existence less painful later on.

I still feel like this post lacks something, but I don't know what. I added shitty humour, but it still doesn't feel perfect. So let me just repeat how much you mean to me, and how much of a positive impact you had on my life. Thank you for that, and I hope I'll be able to say the exact same shit again next year too. I love you. Also, I hope you entered your correct birth date here on AS, because if you didn't, this'll be super embarrassing for me. You piece of shit, you better not have tricked me. Also, I'm still gonna buy you a birthday gift at the end of this month. I'd do it now, but I'm literally broke. I spend the rest of my money on the new laptop I'm writing this from. I'm a responsible adult and I only buy necessary things with my money. I promise. But yeah, you'll get a gift the moment I get my money, and don't even fucking try to change my mind about that. Why should I earn money if I can't even spend it on people who are much more important than me? To feed myself and pay bills? Pff, nah man. Look, I even used proper capitalization in this fucking train wreck of a happy birthday post. More or less. It's 2 AM now, don't question this shit, I'm tired, but also not. What even @myself. What even.

I love you bro x100. Keep being you. Keep being awesome and amazing and cool and a bush of assholes and my science nerd and my skooma dealer and everything else that you can think of that could go here. You're the best. I wish I could hug you, but I can't, so... just imagine it for me, okay? Okay. Also, you're a piece of shit for having a Saturday birthday. Mine's on Monday and I get to write a shitty test. Fuck me up the ass. Also, why did Spotify give me a super emotional song all of a sudden? Not okay, please, just when I thought I could go without crying for once ffs. Peace the fuck out bro.

With love from your dream demon with crippled emotions,
Necro
Night Fury
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Happy Birthday, Jose!

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:08 pm

Today is your birthday, Jose!
        I can’t believe that the day is already here again. There’s so much that I want to say to you right now, but I want to start off with saying that I really do love you. You’ve always been like a little sister to me, my best friend, my partner in crime, my Jose. It’s been such a long time since the first day we met, and I’ve always felt like regardless of how distant we’d become we’d always find our way back to each other. I really hope that you enjoy your day today. I hope you smile again today and laugh. You deserve it. I know things have been really hard lately for you… I can feel it. And I know it’s hard to find happiness anymore sometimes. But I really hope today that your smiles and laughter are not forced. I hope they come naturally like they once used to.

-Hugs you close and rests my chin on your shoulder.- I’ve always loved spending time in your company. Sometimes I’d just linger on Skype reading through our old messages and I’d find myself smiling. We’ve been through so much together. Through times of laughter, anger, and grief. I’ve always felt calm and comfortable when I’m around you and I hope that I bring a source of calm and comfort to you as well. You’ve brought a lot of joy to my life, Josephine. You taught me how to be myself, to reach for goals higher than I usually would ever reach, to move past my self-doubt, and how to be confident in what challenges I face. I’m not sure if you realize, but you’ve done a lot for me.

Before I was just some awkward kid who liked to roleplay time to time. I didn’t know the hidden secrets of this world and you took me under your wing and gave me a new sense of belonging. I never regretted that day that I met all of you. Never. I am so proud to call you my family, Jose. I know that sometimes you don’t see it, but you’re one of the strongest girls I’ve ever seen in my life and I’m not just saying that because you’re my best friend. You’re incredibly loyal to those you love, and you’re beautiful. I’ve seen you go through shit that would’ve made most men fall to their knees, things that were so fucking admirable. It’s so weird to consider you younger than me, because you’ve always felt older even when I met you back when you were just fourteen. You inspired me and no matter what happens in the future I will always be there for you, anytime and anyplace. Like I promised.

I’m always here if you need someone to confide in or if you just need someone to rest against in silence, without worrying about having to talk. I know that sometimes there’s just no words to say anymore, and I’m fine with spending time in silence with you. You’ve always made me laugh with your humor, your love for dogs, horses, and cats. I’m still laughing about that one time when we finished up that one horror movie. When it was just you, Russell, and me. That’s honestly one of my most favorite recent memories of us. How we both clung onto to Russ whenever we were startled by the jumpscare, and how he’d just laugh at us and hug us. You were so cute a few days earlier when Owl bought you food and I was so happy to see you all giddy and excited like that again. And I really hope that your birthday today will create more of those happy memories.

I love you, Jose. So much. Please enjoy your day today. I hope this fuzzy brings one of the many smiles that will come upon your face today. And I hope that the following poem brings yet another one. I love you. Thank you so much for being my best friend and my little sister. I’ve always loved being your big brother.
              • Today is your birthday,
                So now is the time to say.
                I love you so much,
                And I hope you enjoy your day.

You’ve always been the rain upon my face,
                Refreshing and anew.
                And the warmth of a fire,
                Comforting and warm like a morning brew.

You have fangs of a she-wolf,
                Ready to bite into those who she all considers foe.
                But a heart of a loyal canine,
                Always constant and true.

You have a spirit of a wild horse,
                Free and always running forward.
                And the grace of a cat,
                Who’s always landed on her feet.

You bring a smile upon my face,
                For I am yours and you are mine.
                I will always be at your side,
                No matter what future we face.

You are beautiful, a moon among stars,
                Lighting up the night skies.
                Whenever I gaze up and see its shine,
                I think of you and what we’ve all been through.

My Jose, you’ve always been my Jose,
                My best friend, my packmate, my little sister.
                I love you dearly,
                Forever and always.

- Your Spin.
Meraki
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Oh man happy birthday~

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:17 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        Big image, I know, but here's to wishing Rakuen a happy birthday because time zones are crazy. I hope its filled with many amazing surprises and you get to enjoy yourself. You're a wonderful admin here on AS and everyone is glad to have you around. Whether its well known or not, you do a lot for people on here and away from here and it is entirely appreciated. Now I've got a bit of a story to share.

When I first joined AS my activity was on and off. I didn't know many people around, I was going through a rough time, things just didn't stick. I think this was how it was for me for a good while until around June of 2016 when I was talked into joining a roleplay that opened me up to a world of new people and faces I still see to this day. It was the first group roleplay I'd joined in ages, but I was so happy to be talking to new people that I started joining more. I made friends. Funny enough, the person responsible for these first few roleplays was actually you, Rakuen. First it was the sins roleplay, then Kiznaivers, and from there it was history. Your roleplays helped me make friends that I don't know what I would do without at this point. You got me more involved and invested in this site and hell, you're one of those people I even befriended.

Because of you I had the opportunity to meet people that would later pull me onto this little discord community that would eventually grow and even shape me into someone I am becoming proud of. -End story- Now I'm here. We don't talk as much now and that's alright because lives get busy, but know I still thank you and appreciate you and hope to still see you around. Thank you for all those movie nights and roleplays and planning sessions or even just talks. You were even one of the first people to call me Connor and that really fucking means a lot. You're a cool, funny person with an obsession for dogs that I can seriously get behind because me too and I'm glad to have at least met you. Hence the birthday picture of your beloved Angus holding a cake, even though it looks quite ridiculous.

If you ever need anything or just wanna talk I am here to chill for sure. Other than that, go have your happy birthday. I'm sorry I couldn't carry through my initial plans of buying you a mini island and filling it with dogs, unfortunately that was just a little out of my price range.
noceurro
Purple Belt

// sweats insanely - hope you love this Bab

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Throws balloons everywhere. Happy Birthday Bab! Okay, but, some real shit right here. I don't really feel like holding back on this cause what's the point if you don't get a little bit deep, am I right? Okay, maybe a lot of deep, but who the fuck really cares. I honestly don't know how you're turning seveteen. I'm truly shocked. So, put on a seatbelt Bab, I'm about to take you on a ride of memories and reminders.
Do you remember the first time you and I talked one on one? It honestly felt as though you had known me for years with the tender hand you stretched out to me. I did nothing to deserve the initial affection and love you gave to me- something I was far from used to. Even then, your grace and beauty was that of a mother's caring for her child and I think I felt the same way. You were so worried over my relationships so quickly and wanted to help me even though you had no reason for doing it. What I find even more amusing was the fact that until you referred to me as Owlet, you called me Noc like many of the others on discord did. I laugh every single time.
I honestly fell in love with you. You're one of my closest friends, one of my best, a part of my family, a mother figure to me, something close to an elder sister- I mean, how many people can say that about a person who is no where near even close to be related to them by blood. It's honestly...in the span of ten months of knowing you, so much has happened. I'm grown warmer and more kinder, I've gone cold and left in a state of pain at times, but I was always healed one way or another, you being a reason I was able to do so at times. I have grown up, I have learned lessons the easy and the hard way- but through it all, you've remained here. Even in troubling times, we never drifted and that is something I'm unable to say about anything else.
I have gone through a lot of heartbreak since I've met you and the family you allowed me to join- but I wouldn't trade it for anything. For nineteen years, I lost sight of myself, my purpose, my existence and my reason- and while it has been a bumpy road, I've found it again. And I have you to thank for that quite a bit. Aaron definitely played a part in it considering how you two have both parented me in a way since the start- but I found a mother's love and that's more than I could've ever asked for. You stood up for me when I was painted in false light, you comforted me when I cried and screamed out and managed to always get me to settle, you soothed me when my parents abused me. I honestly hope you can say the same for me- because I honestly and truly hope this relationship lasts a lifetime. I love you so fucking much it's a little bit insane- impossible to explain for that exact reason.
So, I have no fucking clue where this is going because there is too much to talk about. I just, wow? I'm happy the universe brought you my way. We both are in rather shitty situations considering the blood relations we were stuck with- but you know what? That doesn't define me- and blood does not define family. The heart does. And my heart says that you're my family Bab. Forever and always. That'll never change. Which, by the way, I'm not sure if I told you this yet- but my school has programs near you in NZ for abroad programs. So, if you end up staying in NZ for another couple of years, you might just still get to see my face and I'll get to hug you- you never know. A little hope goes a long ways though. And I'm willing to take that risk, hands down. You're worth it.
Final note though, I really hope you enjoy the pizza and wedge fries I bought you a couple of days ago. I had too much fun freaking out over it on Skype with you and getting to watch it arrive at your door via gps because NZ is extra af. I'm glad I can still find things to do and say that make you smile and laugh- because that's what matters. Your happiness. I'll always hold onto it and will do my best to treasure it and keep it safe the best I can. So yeah, I love you. I hope you have a wonderful birthday. You deserve it. You deserve to be happy every day.
Kael
Silver Belt

Re: Birthday Thread

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 pm

My Queen,
First of all, happy birthday to you! I am a lucky deer to call you my wife, to have you alongside me as ruler of deerland. I love you a lot and I hope you have a wonderful day. My sincere apologies I am out of the country during one of the most important days of the years. I hope the children have been nice to you today, if not I will change the wifi code when I can cx

You are a wonderful person, and I am blessed to be your husband. I promise you that when I get back I will skype you, because we still need to do that. I hope today gave you a lot of nice surprises and you are able to celebrate with wine and pie.

I hope the starlight in your eyes never fades today, instead shining brighter as before. I'm afraid I have to cut this short. I am sorry.

Love,
Your King

Hidden text.
cider wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:28 am
vanitas.
Black Belt

no gay

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 am

Hey hOE HAPPY BIRTHDAY
even if it was two days ago bUT YOU KNOW I LOVE U YAH HOE WJDHSJSN

Where would I be with out you? I mean, you and the wives but this is for you and just love you and youR CHUBBY CHEEKS AND YOUR GLORIOUS HAIR.

I mean, miss me with that gay shit and no homo but I love you, so much. You're 20, dudeeeee you're getting old ;o;

It's ok, the wives will grow old, together like everything else we've been through. We've been through so many things and no matter what, we've fought through and I've been graCED BY YOUR GLORIOUS FACE EVERY DAY.

PS. No homo <3
joshwash wrote:
Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:45 am
bellona
White Belt
House: Vipera

to my little lion & personal hype man

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:00 am

• MY LITTLE LION!

oh geez, where do i begin?
      has it been two years already? well, really, we first talked in october. but i first saw you in august. so unofficial-official.
      you flipped my world upside down in the best way. i was so used to toxic friendships and not knowing what it was like to really, truly love someone wholeheartedly without feeling selfish or jealous. it's unhealthy, and i've never felt like that with you. we're both very mature and you'd never sink to that level. i really admire our friendship --and while i have a few other dorks who i hang out with, you're the best. this is gonna sound so dumb but you don't get angry at my stupid shit and you've never gotten overwhelmed (i can be overwhelming, lbr). you're my personal hypeman. if i send a selfie or if i post one on snapchat, you're all about it. you care so much and i care so much and it's brought a lot of positive energy into my life. you're usually always there to text me and to talk and i really appreciate it. i probably say all of this, all the time but i can't help it. it's who i am; i love to talk about my friends and praise them and give them all my love. ily u and our stupid inside jokes that i don't even know how they came to be; so fujjy you.
      you're my little lion and i'm so proud of you all the time. for driving, for studying, for everything. like holy shit!
      you study so much! it's crazy dude! but it pays off in the end and you'll have a fan-fucking-tastic career. you put 110% into everything that you do. everything. you have such a drive and maybe it comes from a slight worry, but maybe not. i could be overthinking it. but don't worry about it anyway. you'll be fine.
      i'm trying to not sound cringe but it's all true. i gush and gush and gush and i will continue to do so.
      you're just so awesome. i could go on and on but i'll stop here. i'm dying of leg cramps and i don't want to bullshit my way through this. i'm keeping it all genuine.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: Birthday Thread

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:24 am

• LAUREN! I was going to post this at exactly 12 AM but I didn't get a chance to sit down until...12 AM lmao. Thanks to the cats being huge fucking pains in the ass c: Anyways, moving on.

We've known each other for so many years now, I've honestly lost count. Last number I remember is 5, so probably a couple more years than that. But, we didn't really get close to each other until a year or so after we first met and started roleplaying. And I've said this before, but I will say it again, I am extremely glad to have gotten to know you. This past year or two we've gotten even closer, in my opinion. I am so grateful to have you as a friend and to be honest, there was a time or two this past year where I felt absolutely miserable about myself. I felt completely alone and like I had absolutely no one, save for you. During that time, I felt like I didn't deserve to have you as a friend and that you deserved so much more than me always dumping my problems on you and whining to you. You have been amazingly supportive and I really appreciate and love that about you. I don't think I've told you how much it has meant to me. I love our Skype sessions that last hours past the time we're supposed to sleep. I love how we say we're going to hang up and lay down but end up staying on Skype for another hour or two. Our Skype sessions have always managed to cheer me up and make me feel better when I've been down in the dumps or pissed off and needing to vent.

I'm so sorry that you weren't able to go to Rhode Island this year. I really wish you could have gone. I know how much it meant to you and how much you were looking forward to it. I hope you're able to go there next school year. I really do. You don't deserve the shit you go through back at home because of your dad and his influence on your brother. My parents would have loved to have a daughter like you. Like...if they knew about everything you did around the house, they'd constantly compare me to you XD That's why we must never tell them about how responsible you are c': Okay, I got sidetracked. Going back. Since you're not in Rhode Island, I do get to have you for another year to myself. The only downside is that you've moved further away than closer >:c That's not how this is supposed to work, Lauren. But seriously. I really wish you could have come to the university that was close to me. We would've been able to meet up and hang out almost every damn weekend. It would've been amazing. I promise Houston traffic isn't as scary and bad as your parents think it is (says the girl who doesn't yet drive lmao).

I'm sorry that you keep having to find new partners. I hope they realize on what an amazing friend they're missing out on. Honestly though...more Lauren for myself c;

Ahhh I could honestly go on forever and ever but I'm disorganized and this will end up going everywhere and nowhere. I just wanted to thank you for being an amazing friend. I hope you have an amazing birthday even though you're having to spend it with complete strangers. I can't wait until I'm able to send you my gifts though. I hope you like them <3
Hidden text.
Snow wrote:
horizon
Bronze Belt
House: Amaranthine

happy birthday anika ;-;

Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 pm

okay so awkward birthday message time.

Anika, honestly, you're one of the best people I know. arguably the best, frankly. You're impossibly caring and patient, even when most of use deserve a swift kick to the ass. I don't think I've ever met someone so willing to offer their time to people just for the sake of venting [or in my case, bitching and moaning] simply because you don't want them to bottle it up and be alone. You're the only person who reached out to me when I was having a terrible time, all you asked was if I was okay and when I fell apart and told you everything all you had was support. And when things went really bad really fast, you stuck at my side where others didn't. You strive so hard to be a good friend and, trust me, people see it. We might not always be good at showing you and telling you, but god... I promise that we all love and adore you. And those who don't see the goodness in you, well, they can go and get the hecc out of your life because they are honestly not worthy of your kindness.

And, for the record, yes. We do need to roleplay. We are both procrastinating and lazy, but god dammit I need our messed up boys and their messed up life. I'm going to try to generate some ideas during the next few days so we can start planning again and hopefully make a thread and get things started.

But, anyway, Anika... Just, y'know, happy birthday. Keep being awesome. I love you.
Hidden text.
forlorn. wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:24 am