White Belt
House: Unsorted

Re: The Great Hall [V 1.0]

Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:26 pm

thunderofthebun wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:52 pm
Happy New Year everyone!!!!
Happy New Year to you too, yo!

Yo it's still snowing. I live in the middle of a desert which, we're not supposed to get snow. It's freaky! Like if I go outside, there's no cars out, there's no kids in the park, nobody playing salsa in the parking lot, everything is closed! For ref, this is maybe 2-3 inches of snow at most, but we literally never get snow, so everyone is pretty tilted with it.
thunderofthebun
Admin
House: Halcyon

Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:02 pm

That’s how it is if we get any snow or ice too! (Texas)

We are waiting on the last few people to respond about their december event participation and I will then be posting house point totals asap!!
Happy May!

- Finalize the AS survey results
- Finalize Archivist roles and permissions
- Finish getting Smamm set up with sorting ✔
- Create the 100 DoS prompt list ✔
- Update the anon box thread
- Finish PM responses
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the June blueberries!
lagikor fang
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 am

Like, the past week has been really bad. The city police straight up was telling folk to not go outside and to stay off the roads. However I completely missed this memo as I have no TV and the emergency alerts on my phone are silenced (the noise spikes my anxiety something awful and since I sleep with my phone next to me/on me, that's a recipe for disaster), so here I was, tryna walk myself to work through a blizzard only to find... the doors locked. Apparently they sent out an email but uh. They never, gave me an email address so I never aint got it. I ended up just hiding in a Sam's Club nearby until it cleared up enough that I could get back home but like? God I hate the snow it's cold and wet and I fell and ate shit like six times, and then part of the walk is this giant hill. Getting down was easier since it was just sliding carefully but getting back up the hill? Hell.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Happy New Year! I've seemingly been hiding since the 23 of December? Oops.

Weather is awful everywhere in winter this year has had far more ice for me than most just flash freeze after flash freeze. Almost half the staff in one of the places I work has slip and fall injuries they are trying to work through. Today is another storm that started with snow changed to heavey heavy rain and is supposed to freeze before early morning. Thinking I probably should have learned to skate? But walking 5k in a straight blizzard is no biggy for me when the bosses were on stroke a few tears back that was a twice a week event Haha. But seriously not a good idea.

I hope all are staying safe and warm now!
Gamora
Black Belt

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 pm

Grengirl wrote:

Weather is awful everywhere in winter this year has had far more ice for me than most just flash freeze after flash freeze. Almost half the staff in one of the places I work has slip and fall injuries they are trying to work through. Today is another storm that started with snow changed to heavey heavy rain and is supposed to freeze before early morning. Thinking I probably should have learned to skate? But walking 5k in a straight blizzard is no biggy for me when the bosses were on stroke a few tears back that was a twice a week event Haha. But seriously not a good idea.

• It's actually not supposed to freeze now, it's not dropping below zero tonight so hallelujah. I'll be putting down a ton of salt tonight in hopes to melt whats possible. I was driving through puddles as big as lakes today, most of the roads are flooded and its terrifying. Gotta love the city and deciding to wait until right now to clear the drains..smh.

It's just so....wet. Perfect description of Nova Scotia I suppose.
marvel trash and starmora enthusiast
my bestest pal - "omg they were roommates" - JULIENUHHHH

Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:09 pm

Yes WET is the perfect way to describe weather in NS

No freeze?! That's a relief but yeah my bus flooded on my way back from Kearney; like in through the closed doors and hydo up at the windows. Car in front forced us to slam on breaks when it was nearly submerged dont know how either vehicle didn't stall out? Well deasil is less prone, but the tiny hatchback????

My front walk will also be well seasoned with salt before bedtime. Glad you'll be home safe too! Hugs.
(Now if I could just train my auto correct)
Deer
Silver Belt

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:31 pm

So i gotta know man... Are there any Arrowverse fans here bc I need some Arrow / Flash geeks in my life.

I F x S O M E O N E x H U R T S
xx DoS. Feel free to look at my thread!
xxBooSisPotato 100 DoS

I x W O U L D N ' T x H E S I T A T E x T O x G E T

thunderofthebun
Admin

Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:25 pm

I have never watched it! I tend to be somewhat neutral with superhero things; I enjoy Marvel and DC stuff but I’m not some gung-ho fan. I take it you recommend it?
Happy May!

- Finalize the AS survey results
- Finalize Archivist roles and permissions
- Finish getting Smamm set up with sorting ✔
- Create the 100 DoS prompt list ✔
- Update the anon box thread
- Finish PM responses
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the June blueberries!
algorythm
Black Belt

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:28 am

Kael wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:31 pm
So i gotta know man... Are there any Arrowverse fans here bc I need some Arrow / Flash geeks in my life.
flash is the shit man
Gamora. wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 pm
Grengirl wrote:

• It's actually not supposed to freeze now, it's not dropping below zero tonight so hallelujah. I'll be putting down a ton of salt tonight in hopes to melt whats possible. I was driving through puddles as big as lakes today, most of the roads are flooded and its terrifying. Gotta love the city and deciding to wait until right now to clear the drains..smh.

It's just so....wet. Perfect description of Nova Scotia I suppose.
southern ontario is snow/slush hell atm. is hovering from 3 to -5 without wind chill for now but felt like -38 to -40 monday, so yes, I’m enjoying this.
xx
xiiiI was young I was dreamy / got you on your knees / begging, "stay with me please . . ."x olivia, canadian (est)
xii,hoe, dnd gang (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) xnot thinking straight / you must be joking / this one's a whole new low for you
I
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:29 pm

It's almost spring weather today! But that cold air in Ontario is heading my way again. Let me enjoy this though?