The Great Hall [V 1.0]

Chat, socialize and discuss.
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: The Great Hall [V 1.0]

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:12 pm

• Has anyone played the new Spider-Man PS4 game? Cause it's wicked.
“how can we rewrite the stars?”
thunderofthebun
Administrator

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:31 pm

Nope! I did play a Nintendo Switch for the first time though!
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Also make sure you are ALWAYS up to date on announcements!
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:48 pm

I'm still playing a flipping 10 year old animal crossing game. Kmn? No wait don't! Just let me sleep instead? Maybe one day I'll get to play actual good games while they are new and still good. Sigh
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:59 pm

I'm still trying to beat Link to the Past from 1991.

I SHALL BEAT TURTLE ROCK SOMEDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but apparently not today xP
⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
Don't know if I have ever heard you sing, but I hear it
Don't know if I have ever held your hand, but I seek it
Don't know if I have ever loved, but I feel it
Put the puzzle back together, see what I'm dreaming
when I find the pieces

⧽▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⧼
thunderofthebun
Administrator

Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Grengirl wrote:
I'm still playing a flipping 10 year old animal crossing game. Kmn? No wait don't! Just let me sleep instead? Maybe one day I'll get to play actual good games while they are new and still good. Sigh
I have Animal Crossing on Gamecube. :) My nephew owns the Switch. I introduced him to the Gamecube so he has started working on Mario Sunshine a bit but at least for me, playing an old game on a big new TV gives me a headache (which is a shame because I need to be able to dominate at Mariokart and Mario Party).
ATTENTION:

Please go take the survey about the Afflatus so that we can better design it for 2019 - even if you don't typically read it! Tell us what would get you to start.

Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:51 am

thunderofthebun wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 pm
Grengirl wrote:
I have Animal Crossing on Gamecube. :) My nephew owns the Switch. I introduced him to the Gamecube so he has started working on Mario Sunshine a bit but at least for me, playing an old game on a big new TV gives me a headache (which is a shame because I need to be able to dominate at Mariokart and Mario Party).
My youngest so badly wants sunshine for our GameCube! Which he managed to convince us to put in his room. Then stole a better t.v. from his sibling to play it on. Lol.

I might start playing FFIX again soon too. I remembered how much I loved the side game(card game) in it recently and would play it again just for that tbh. Question is will I finish the game this time round? I remember I made it very close to the end before but I think I got board with it in the final town? I agree though the old games don't always look very good on the newer bigger t.v. s FFIX is another victim of this. The cut scenes are okay but most of the game play looks very pixilated. It makes me sad.

None of us has a switch yet I think we migh hold out for the better screens that are supposed to be being launched some time next year. But then we might get impatient too. Will have to wait and see.
thunderofthebun
Administrator

Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:41 am

Maybe his young eyes will be fine; mine are on the sensitive side and playing a bit of Zelda Wind Waker gave me a headache for hours on my big tv! I was never into FF really, and the only handheld I ever had was my Gameboy Color I got in 6th grade or so. The screen was nice on the Switch (but what do I know) but when hooking it up to the TV and actually doing 2 player for MarioKart, the tiny ass controller bits you use are ridiculous; I have small hands and felt like a giant. Still won, but that’s not the point xD It was a struggle sometimes!
ATTENTION:

Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 pm

thunderofthebun wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:41 am
Maybe his young eyes will be fine; mine are on the sensitive side and playing a bit of Zelda Wind Waker gave me a headache for hours on my big tv! I was never into FF really, and the only handheld I ever had was my Gameboy Color I got in 6th grade or so. The screen was nice on the Switch (but what do I know) but when hooking it up to the TV and actually doing 2 player for MarioKart, the tiny ass controller bits you use are ridiculous; I have small hands and felt like a giant. Still won, but that’s not the point xD It was a struggle sometimes!
Tbh I'm a little worried about how well I'll be able to handle the controllers for the switch too. I have a issue with differentiang left from right which is only exacerbated by my near perfect ambidexarity. To add to it I have the big man hands in the house. Despite living with two cis males and a trans male. Oops.

Maybe a time will come when you can kick my ass in Mario cart.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:45 pm

this has already been posted to all the house threads, but i thought it would be good to post here as well! there will be a discussion thread posted soon addressing the survey results so far - mostly the suggestions bit :) - and so that you guys can discuss more there!

The month is nearly halfway over, so don't forget about doing your Afflatus submissions - form or posted on the thread! Additionally, please, please, please fill this survey out so that I can get a good representation of what you guys want in the Afflatus or see if you guys have any ideas that are surely way better than mine! Even if you don't participate in the Afflatus that much or actively, take the survey! Is there something you want to see that would get you to partake in that? Whatever it may be, let me know! It's completely anonymous, but remember to be respectful :) It's completely up to you if you wanna sign your user xD
rough patch. trying to catch up with prompts first, then replies. sorry for the wait.

replies: walker, savannah, omnom, song, algo, irish, cider, important, memory,

finished & in drafts phoenix, ghost, snow, josh, algo, mags, melonous, andromeda, cider, algo, shai

forms: nio, mags
Gamora.
Black Belt

Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:15 am

• I did the survey ichor! I think it's a smart idea for Afflatus issues in future to change up some stuff c:

Also side note, Canada legalized marijuana today and the liquor stores that carry it sold out and were lined up for blocks starting first thing in the morning. It's not in my interest, but I'm amused that stores sold out already xD
“how can we rewrite the stars?”