AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: 100 Days of Summer

Chat, socialize and discuss.

Moderator: Admin Aide

What did you think of the theme "Love/Affection"?

Poll runs till Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:56 pm

I liked the topic of the theme!
30%
The prompts fit perfect with the theme!
30%
Some of the prompts didn't fit the theme.
No votes
Each prompt was unique and different.
30%
Some of the prompts within the theme were to similar.
5%
I didn't like the topic of the theme.
5%

Total votes: 20
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Re: AS Events Discussion -- Current Event: 100 Days of Summer

Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Gamora. wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:32 pm
    • Pardon the double post but, do you need to do the first 50 in order to get the extra points or can you do any 50?
I'm almost positive that it would be any 50 of the prompts, but I guess it's best to wait for a staffer to reply.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Snow [X]
Gamora [X] Avenoir []
Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Any 50

──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
site admin aide
message for questions or just to chat
slowly returning to rping trying to catch up
discord: anika#6882
my fave color is purple. i like cats & naps

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────

──────────────────────
xImagex
──────────────────────
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓
insta storage plots search
coding writing temp art
charries

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛
ImageImage
──────────────────────

Gamora
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:42 pm

• Thank you! I shall make it easily then if I can pick the rest :c:
      I feel bad for tapping out, but it's more fun this way for sure
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

Gamora
Black Belt

Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:32 pm

• Shamefully haven't posted in this in forever. How's the 1x1 comp going for everyone?
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐

└────────────────────┘

Deer
Silver Belt

Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:29 pm

I have been totally slacking I'm totally unreliable and letting my unicorns down c'x

I think 100 DoS is my best yam.

Hi, I am Deer! I love coding and spend a fair part of my
life doing it. I like Arrowverse, a lot. My inbox is always
open if you feel up to chat (about anything) or need some
help with BBCode. Check out my superhero group rp!

==================================================
BooSisPotato 100 DoSTo Do
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Deer
Silver Belt

Re: AS Events Triwizard Tournament -- Current Event: 100 Days of Summer

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:35 pm

Seeing as I heard s_taff refer to their A_pril F_ools prank as an one day event, I figure this is the best way to post. I am curious about the opinion of other members.

I like the fact that AS s_taff is trying to make this day fun. However, I find it highly annoying that a r-oleplaying site is changing frequently used words. It makes it so annoying to even write. There are plenty of things which can be done for this day which haven't been done:

- change the layout
- change belt names
- change the overall names of s_taff instead of just the belt name
- default avatars
- etc

But please just leave out this annoying word change thing. Especially since I was told to basically take a "break" from AS by s-taff if I disliked the prank. I get it. You all put a lot of time in planning this, but please reconsider the word change next year, at least. We are still a writing site, after all.

Some may think I'm a killjoy, but I don't care. I can't imagine I'm the only one. I just want to do what I signed up for: write. That, or publish a full list of things that have been altered so that writers can at least translate some phrases on their own without bugging their partners.

I'd like to hear if more people share my opinion. It is cool if you disagree too, everyone has their own opinion. I'm just curious.

Hi, I am Deer! I love coding and spend a fair part of my
life doing it. I like Arrowverse, a lot. My inbox is always
open if you feel up to chat (about anything) or need some
help with BBCode. Check out my superhero group rp!

BooSisPotato 100 DoSTo Do
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Syzygy
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Kael wrote:
Seeing as I heard s_taff refer to their A_pril F_ools prank as an one day event, I figure this is the best way to post. I am curious about the opinion of other members.

I like the fact that AS s_taff is trying to make this day fun. However, I find it highly annoying that a r-oleplaying site is changing frequently used words. It makes it so annoying to even write. There are plenty of things which can be done for this day which haven't been done:

- change the layout
- change belt names
- default avatars
- etc

But please just leave out this annoying word change thing. Especially since I was told to basically take a "break" from AS by s-taff if I disliked the prank. I get it. You all put a lot of time in planning this, but please reconsider the word change next year, at least. We are still a writing site, after all.

Some may think I'm a killjoy, but I don't care. I can't imagine I'm the only one. I just want to do what I signed up for: write. That, or publish a full list of things that have been altered so that writers can at least translate some phrases on their own without bugging their partners.

I'd like to hear if more people share my opinion. It is cool if you disagree too, everyone has their own opinion. I'm just curious.
I agree one hundred percent. The word change is super annoying. If the s-taff likes the changing words prank, perhaps give an option to turn it off for those that do not wish to see it. I can't stand it. I get that the s-taff want to make things fun, but at least give an option to turn it off if it is annoying to someone. Surely, it's possible?

Respectfully, being told to take a break if you don't like the prank is trash lmao, that doesn't even make sense. if you wanted to take a break from AS you wouldn't have logged in today.
Gamora
Black Belt

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Kael wrote:

- change the layout
- change belt names
- default avatars
- etc

• I remember complaining about this issue to s-taff in previous years, as did others, but clearly that went unheard. I hate not being able to write and it sucks I have to just avoid AS all day.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐

└────────────────────┘

thunderofthebun
Admin

Re: AS Events Triwizard Tournament -- Current Event: Poetry Event

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Sounds like things were taken out of context - I believe that was just a private, casual conversation between friends, not an actual staff response. But yes, it is only for one day! The idea is really just to cause some entertainment in observing the changes, since everything will be back to normal by tomorrow morning. I do appreciate the ideas for the future though and am interested in looking into those! As with any April Fools pranks, they will only last the one day so if you find yourself less amused with them, never fear! It’s incredibly temporary, and we do consistently receive more positive feedback than negative which is part of why we’ve continued.
Happy August!

- Finalize the AS survey results - working on it!
- Finalize Archivist roles and permissions ✔
- Update the anon box thread - working on it!
- Finish PM responses ✔
- Discuss the workshop idea
- Update the afflatus coding
- Prep afflatus images
- Update the team page ✔
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the August blueberries!
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Re: AS Events Triwizard Tournament -- Current Event: Poetry Event

Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:54 pm

Given how I'm the member in question, I can agree that it had been an off-site and friendly conversation without ranks being involved. The suggestion to take a break from writing was offered and agreed to, I fail to grasp how it could've been seen as disrespectful. If my words and intentions were misunderstood and taken as aggressive; my apologies. The suggestion had been nothing else than a way to keep the atmosphere in the server not too antagonistic.

As for the event itself; I enjoy it. It's a good way to remind myself to laugh at the little things in life and planning it out was a lot of fun; I enjoy it almost every year (unless the theme doesn't 'rub off of me'). Of course, it can get difficult to respond to PMs, write or even code. But I believe that if one has the motivation and want, things like changed words shouldn't matter; after all, we all know what we wrote and what we do. If anything, the suggestion to offer the complete list of changes is a good one and I'd support it in a heartbeat. But I also can see how it can be annoying if one is in a rush. But April Fools' is supposed to be a little bit obnoxious and light-hearted at the same time - perhaps the idea of implementing the options to turn it on or off could be discussed if more people speak up about disliking the event very much. But I don't see any harm in taking a single day in a year to enjoy some fun.