Things That Made Your Day V.4

Chat, socialize and discuss.

Moderator: Admin Aide

sylver
Attendant
House: Halcyon

Re: Things That Made Your Day V.4

Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:29 pm

• had a really fucking shitty day mood & mental state-wise, but buying gifts for other people always puts me in a better place tbh. i get to shop, but don't feel as guilty as when i splurge on stuff for myself

also, this bitch
Hidden text.
xxxxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓ cyril/syl ✦ they/them ✦ 22 y/o ✦ infp-t ✦ gemini
hey there! i'm your pigeon-loving, liquor-drinking
attendant. please PM me if you need anything. ♡

my golden heartkami-samamaster daddy
my rp searchmy writingcharactersto-do
more links go here?
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛ Image x.x Image x.x Image
cap'nstark
Yellow Belt
House: Sagacitas

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:35 am

• yesterday was.. good. got to play dnd for the first time in awhile. got to talk to my dad. got my own pen.
      officially 18. feels great
howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:23 am

• disney plus came out today and let me tell you, it could have been made for me. marvel? check. every disney movie i can think of? check. nat geo? check. nerdy shit i'm totally going to watch? hell yeah.
      so, im celebrating lots of really great progress on my grad school applications early today by finishing up a watch of endgame that i started on a plane a few weeks ago but didn't get to finish bc its a long ass movie and not a long plane right, shout out to southwest for having a great movie selection though and tomorrow while i work in the lab? you bet you ass i'm going to choose from a wise selection of other marvel movies to accompany my work.

things are really actually coming together for once. like, my applications feel manageable instead of overwhelming, and i have hope that i'll actually get everything together! on top of that i dropped a bomb ass personal statement today for a school and program i am really passionate about, where i know i have a professor who is on my side with open spots in their lab. my future is coming together and it feels so incredible. i feel so much more myself than i have in a long, long time. like, i feel passion for things again, i'm actually reading a book??? i can't remember the last time i read??? i'm drawing, i'm keeping up on managerial things i need to do. there's a pokemon game coming out this weekend which is even better (even if some of the starter evolutions are somewhat disappointing looking at you spy reptile). if i had more time i'd actually be writing, but it won't be that much longer until i can write again! i'm horse-back riding and even doing a bit of leasing of the worlds greatest horse, i've got friends who have puppies so i get to hang out with puppies. i even have a somewhat rule-violating pet? don't tell anyone. she's a wonderful mantis with great manners i promise. honestly, it feels good to be happy for once. i can't remember the last time i actually felt content with the world.
python regius
Green Belt

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:18 am

• something good about today...?
    well I guess in one weeks time, good or bad, I will be done with my seminar and all r had to critique was pretty nitpicky about it and the one suggestion he did have was just something extra to do
    and even if I don't get done with homework until extremely late, bf promised to pla at least one game of magic before bed
Gamora
Black Belt

Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:14 pm

• spent hours last night watching shit on disney +. 10/10 met my expectations I had. so so pleased. I get to rewatch all the movies and shows from my childhood too. we watched cadet kelly last night and some episodes of various shows; it was great and super nostalgic. PLUS THERE IS A WHOLE SERIES ON GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY SO YOU BET YOUR ASS I STARTED THAT LAST NIGHT. it was a great way to end a bad day at work and a rough health day.

life is really something spectacular right now. I get to see ollie tonight and my boyfriend tomorrow (disney + date because yes) so that's what's getting me through today tbh. I almost didn't go to work again, but dragged myself out of bed because I have things to do.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. replies will be slow for the next
      month or so, but i'm still around, I promise.
      julienuhhhroomienerdstorage

└────────────────────┘

incandescence
Red Belt
House: Vipera

tl;dr drugs and girls

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:22 pm

• it’s been like 400 years since i was last on here
    literally can’t complain with life right now though. copenhagen with my gf was incredible, i went to the best concert of my life, she bought me two babies that i love and cherish, i’ve made tonnes of new friends to the point im recognised every time i set foot on campus, and i have the most incredible job right now. last night was a trip though. saw more tits in spoons than i should have - specifically shown for my (apparent?) pleasure - got incredibly drunk, and somehow ended up in first year accommodation smoking alaskan thunderfuck
python regius
Green Belt

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm

• new friend brought my dog a dog cupcake and its not even for me but it definitely lifted my mood for the day <3 so maybe the rest of the day won't be quite as miserable as it started out
    really want to just go home and play planet zoo for 6 hours which won't happen but maybe I'll get some extra sleep at least
sylver
Attendant

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:22 pm

• 1.) while being told yesterday by my boss's superior that he sees me as the future head of the department was overwhelming and kind of made me have to confront how clueless i am about my plans for the future, it's reassuring. i'm not even working at my full capacity, i'm UNDERworked and unchallenged, so to already have someone praise me to the high heavens & tell me how i'd be an amazing fit for the leading position of complaints & risk management now really gives me hope. helps with the self-doubt and self-loathing a lot. if he thinks i'm doing amazing now, future employers for jobs where i'll hopefully be challenged more might see the same potential in me. who knows, maybe this bitch will be the head of a marketing department someday? i can only dream rn. wish that leadership position was almost mine, because it would look AMAZING on a CV and i could use the huge ass pay raise, but 2024/25 is too far away to seriously consider it since this job was never meant to be a long-term thing for me. still... it came out of nowhere & felt good, man.

2.) one of the legal assistants dropped by the office early in the morning today while my boss wasn't around to hand me a flyer for social media management & marketing training courses. also talked to me about things in general a bit & mentioned that everything i tell her is "confidential" and that i should never feel like a burden when i do end up talking/complaining to her.

3.) one of the marketing guys skyped me twice to ask if i wanted to go get some fresh air (read: smoke) outside with her, because they had a huge department meeting so i couldn't tag along with them for lunch break. helped a bit with beating my "everyone secretly hates you & only tolerates you to not cause drama" brain goblin in the dirt.

4.) told the office housekeeper that i wasn't going on break today & wasn't gonna eat anything either. ended up being forcibly handed some leftover noodle and potato salad from a meeting, as well as a slice of cake and some cookies usually reserved for guests by her with a "eat this then, you're not starving yourself on my watch today"

5.) i have no plans for the weekend this week and it's gonna be AMAZING
xxxxxxxxxxxx
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┓ cyril/syl ✦ they/them ✦ 22 y/o ✦ infp-t ✦ gemini
hey there! i'm your pigeon-loving, liquor-drinking
attendant. please PM me if you need anything. ♡

my golden heartkami-samamaster daddy
my rp searchmy writingcharactersto-do
more links go here?
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━──━┛ Image x.x Image x.x Image
Deer
Overseer

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:42 pm

Despite work stressing me out lately, the nearby future looks bright. This saturday I will go to Italy for a short weekend, and me and my bf are looking into moving in together. So that is really nice!
Work is pretty crazy until Christmas! My AS activity will be limited.

Hi, I am Deer! I am an overseer on AS. Feel free to reach out to
me if you are experiencing any issues on the board. I love coding
and spend a fair share of my life doing it. Other than that, I am a
big fan of Arrowverse, and always open to chat about anything of it!
PM me if you need/want my discord

==================================================
BooSisPotato PoGo Shinydex
==================================================
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Jazzy: EA [x] FtC [x] GaL [x] HL [x] SF [x] SH [x] TBN [x] || pirate [x] || maya [x] || kami [x] || vintage [x] || harvey [x]
important
Global Moderator

Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:04 am

• baby cat got told she has a very strong, healthy heartbeat. lots of fuss and compliments from the vet (he told her she has very beautiful colourations! i was a proud kitty dad). a very healthy baby kitty -- nice to know i'm doing something right tbh

and ofc, emily, who makes my day every day. gotta give it to the girl for putting up with my idiocy on a daily basis, bc gods know i'm a huge fuckin mess. planning our rp, talking abt our favourite book, and laughing over silly jokes together.