Things That Made Your Day V.4

Chat, socialize and discuss.

Moderator: Admin Aide

sylver
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: Things That Made Your Day V.4

Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:57 pm

• i got my glasses today and the thing i'm literally most excited about is that i'm laying in bed right now and can watch movies/play games just fine hhhh
    goodbye, sitting hunched over in front of the TV with my face pressed against the screen!!!
x

x
x

x

necro/cyril/viceroy, they/them

my golden heart, my toyhouse
my rp search, my afflatus stuff
my writing
cammie
White Belt
House: Unsorted

Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:14 pm

• okok this is going to be x-tra sappy but! that's good!! my bb came and surprised me and ajskdjs cal if you are reading this i did not realize how much i missed you and i love you!!
        and classes are over until march and,, , , then it will be back to suffering but. i finished w my gpa above what i was shooting for and now i can relax and focus on moving & volunteering & good!! things!!
        bonus! take a shot every time i use an exclamation point if u want an early grave
Hidden text.
edit: LJADSLJKSAD i just. got kicked from my server for using uwuspeak i am
going to die!
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:53 am

New sink is finally arriving at work in the morning. It will be so nice to be able to wash dishes without it leaking water all over the floor and me. I'll also get to come home for a hour in the morning instead of rushing from one job to the next.

I also got all my stuff done and left on time unlike the other day when I stayed an extra hour and a half and still had to cut things from my list :c

I know nothing much happened today, special or otherwise, but it was still a good day. A good, normal day.
I need more of these.
thunderofthebun
Admin

Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:09 am

The questions that have been submitted so far for the February afflatus activity. They are awesome!! They are really making me think.

I finally found an inexpensive, simple, but nice and clean, grey shirt to wear with more colorful knitted cardigans and such.
Happy April!

- finalize and post the poetry event ✔
- Prep the April afflatus ✔
- Conclude the AS survey ✔
- Conclude the 1x1 event ✔
- Conclude the social media survey ✔
- Share 1x1 event results ✔
- Share the current points
- Create thread for anon box discussion
- Update the sidebar ✔
- Get the social media challenge ready for April ✔
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the April blueberries!
nightblood
Orange Belt

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:05 am

• Almost done with my character for a DnD campaign I'm doing with a few friends, and I'm so excited to get it started. Syd and I painted her backstory up and I just...I adore this character. Asadklfjasdf.

Transitioning back into work wasn't as bad as I'd expected. After my trip, my former workplace welcomed me back the second that I stepped through their doors even though they weren't looking for extra hands. Granted, I didn't want to return to this job, but at least it is a source of income until a better opportunity comes my way. Once I figure out what I'll be doing with college, I'm going to look into the two job offers I got from a relative and close friend. Both would offer better pay and would be flexible with a class schedule.

My sides are also sore from laughter, entirely Snow's fault. Evening Skype sessions with my Texas beebs are the best. <3

Snow wrote:
ichor. wrote:
sylver
Green Belt

Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:38 pm

• dreamy isn't doing well at all and i cried when she weakly put her paw on my arm to show me that she wanted to be hugged today. but i admire her. admire her for still getting that look and frantically trying to comfort me, even though she's slowly going blind and losing her strength. even now, she cares so much more about everyone else and it always reminds me of why i love and cherish her so much. if i can ever be half as kind and loving as her, i might just actually become a truly good person.
x

x
x

x

necro/cyril/viceroy, they/them

my golden heart, my toyhouse
my rp search, my afflatus stuff
my writing
rosemary
Green Belt

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:23 pm

• Getting out was a hell of a challenge but it's truly so much better than where I was two weeks ago. I've had some complications but I have remained strong and it's gotten me to a solid ground. The last time I tried this it was a disaster, but things are so much better now. I'm finally free. It didn't happen the way I wanted to, but I guess not everything really can. I've damaged some things in the process of being okay and those things still hurt me - but I'm hopeful that they can be resolved somehow.

Today we got lunch and we're going to a coffee shop to write together. Life is really good. It's really changed; I never thought it would, but things are going to be okay, I think.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
- 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐄𝐋𝐃
────────────────

[ rose ] [ she/her ] [ writer ]
caligo
Black Belt

Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 am

this video made me feel quite better. I've been doing some research on self-destructive thoughts/behaviour and this helped me a lot, made me feel understood and a bit less heavy. sure, it can be a bit hard to swallow at first as those dealing with these kind of things don't want to talk about it much but i think it is important to acknowledge these patters, and it is important to try and understand ourselves and the fact that there's always a way out even though it might take some time to find it. So I guessed, this could be helpful to anyone else dealing with this. self-love is important and i believe in all of u ♥
Image Image Image
cali twenty-one ENFP 4w5 6w7 9w1sagittarius sun, taurus moon, aquarius asc.
Image Image Image
buenos aires, argentina writeblr form thread character development thread
Image Image
hyena
Brown Belt

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:25 am

• this is probably the nerdiest thing ever, but a friend and i were put in charge of the museum's lepidoptera (buttery, skipper, and moth) collection because the collection is basically a bunch of little collections that have never been properly integrated and many specimens not properly identified. we started with the hesperiids (skippers) and have made huge progress on it in just a few hours of work! plus building confidence on the general challenge of pulling out 100+ specimens and trying to deal with them, something that will come in handy especially for some of the more difficult families like the noctuids. it feels really great to make such great progress. plus, my museum is in the main science building of the campus, and tomorrow night there's a fair in the building for high school students that have been accepted to the university; and my friend and i were asked to be there to show off the museum and present the research we're doing to the kids. i really love talking about my research (obviously, and obviously that means that research is the place for me because biologists just love talking about their research) and it'll be awesome to get to share my love of insects and museum specimens with the visiting high schoolers! plus i've done research in all but one of our major collections-- i've done paleontology on our stratigraphic collection, repair on our vertebrate collection, and now plenty on the entomology collection. all i haven't touched is the herbarium. it's really amazing to have something i feel all this passion and drive for. i love insects and natural history museums so much; i really am so happy i've found my place.
thunderofthebun
Admin

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 am

Weekend. After working a 12 hr day yesterday and going straight to archery after, I actually still managed to be productive today and now have a snoring man next to me and it’s the weekend. 🙌
Happy April!

- finalize and post the poetry event ✔
- Prep the April afflatus ✔
- Conclude the AS survey ✔
- Conclude the 1x1 event ✔
- Conclude the social media survey ✔
- Share 1x1 event results ✔
- Share the current points
- Create thread for anon box discussion
- Update the sidebar ✔
- Get the social media challenge ready for April ✔
Also: discuss themes status

Happy Birthday to all of the April blueberries!