Introductions

Chat, socialize and discuss.
thunderofthedrum
Site Administrator
House: Halcyon

Introductions

Post by thunderofthedrum » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 am

Hello there, and Welcome to Advanced Scribes!

Here is a place for new members to introduce themselves, whether it's to simply say 'Hi', ask a question, or to share their interests!

Please look over our Forum Rules and Welcome Page, and don't hesitate to contact one of our staff if you have any questions or concerns! We like helping and we want people to enjoy being members here at Advanced Scribes. Our lovely Attendants are the main keepers of this area and they are a fantastic resource that y'all are more than welcome to utilize! They are here to answer questions, get you settled into our layout, and overall make you feel welcome here.

Attendants:
      Errickon
      Snow
      sebastian meringue

-Admin Thunder
Last edited by spoopy kao on Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

┌─────────────────┐
Hey, I'm your quirky, introverted admin who
answers to Trace or Thunder! Feel free to
reach out to me with any questions, concerns,
or suggestions you may have. You can ask me
literally ANYTHING in life; I have an open door
policy! Take care, all my little blueberries.
RulesSorting QuizStaff Page
Staff OpeningsWriting Event
sarahahChatzy

└─────────────────┘

Willow
Yellow Belt
House: Unsorted

Re: Introductions

Post by Willow » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:51 pm

Hey there, I'm Willow. I'm Sanguine-Therian on both Chickensmoothie and Cyska Siberians.

A little about me, is that I am a gender-fluid lesbian, Otherkin*, a person of multiplicity**, and a Christian Wiccan. I like the color purple the most, I love reading and writing, and consider myself to be a semi-literate role-player. I live in rural Oklahoma, where I gather many snickers, looks, and snide comments (which I usually enjoy ^^). I currently have three outside cats, plus one dog, but he was stolen recently. I've yet to give up looking for him though.

I like to think that I'm a pretty cool person, and love to talk to new people, make cool friends, and ask/answer questions. Blessed be. ^^

*Sanguinarian vampire, wolf therian, faery
**There are quite a few of us here, but don't worry- if anyone else decides to pop in and speak for a bit, they'll tag the comment, like so. --Willow
  • I know, I know- my awesome blows your mind.

fly away;;
Red Belt

Post by fly away;; » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:55 pm

I suppose I can do this... Wanna be friends after reading it? Drop me a message.

Well, hm. What to even say...
On CS I am known as CertainDarkThings and TheBurningRose (in fancy letters, but I'm not doing then) and I've also been b r o k e n ; for a good amount of time. I'm mostly seen lurking around the semi-literate to literate club, or helping out in the illiterate to literate role-play school, mostly with helping people develop and learn how to develop their own plots. I also have a lot of one x one roleplays, but not many group ones. This and CS are about the only role-playing sites I visit, and howrse is the only other I'm on.
You wound about me? I'm a -insert age here- old girl, that's too mature for her own good and lives in Minnesota (yuck). Most people will say they think I'm about five years older than I really am. I love science fiction and reading, along with making art here or there, but writing is my forte. I've been role-playing for about a year and a half but advanced quickly and now consider myself literate. My favorite part of role-playing is making the plot and thinking up twists, and thinking out characters. I have a tendency to give them 'conditions' but always do my research first.
Favorite shows are BBC Sherlock (yes, im sherlocked), The Walking Dead, House, Warehouse 13, The Big Bang Theory, Two Broke Girls, and LOST (currently working on it). Favorite books are The Host by Stephanie Meyer, The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene, and The Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare, but I've read a lot so there's a good chance I've read something. Favorite music artist would have to be Owl City and Marroon Five. And... Favorite movies are The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings, Avatar, and Alice in Wonderland.
And... Fun facts? I can lick my elbow xD
replies to do;; sweet affliction, el, serendipity

anarchy.
White Belt
Location: Sleeping, at work, or trying to get through the back of my wardrobe.

Post by anarchy. » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:04 am

Hullo everyone.
I'm Anarchy, but you can call me Katarina or Kat, considering that's my real name. I'm just a spastic, OCD ridden, lesbian teenage girl from the US. I enjoy reading, writing, drawing, running, ballet, basketball, and chocolate. My favorite books are The Book Thief, Go Ask Alice, Watership Down, Fahrenheit 451, and The Los Angeles BB Murder Trials. My favorite movies are Love Actually, Brave, Up, Franenweenie, The Corpse Bride, and Pirate of the Carribean. My favorite foods are chocolate, apple pie, avacado, lemon, and lentil soup. My favorite bands are Linkin Park, Daft Punk, Three Days Grace, and Coldplay. My favorite singers are Nicki Minaj, Frank Sinatra, and Kimbra. My current favorite song is Stronger by Kanye West.
On Cs, I'm "anarchy." as well. You can find me on the TTAY thread, GWMS, and the Oekaki boards...commenting, not drawing. I'm a traditional artist, not a digital one. I also stalk the art shops and character design shops. I don't roleplay on CS much; most of my roleplays are done with my buddies via PM. However, I've been roleplaying for roughly two years now.
I live in North Carolina, I'm a daemian, a lesbian, a furry, an equestrian, a ballerina, a writer, an artist, a painter, a nerd, a generally happy girl, a music obsessed freak, and many other things. Fun fact...I'm currently starring in a movie my friend is making. She's eighteen and wanting to be a director...so I get to act as the main character in her first film.
  • looking for a 1x1 - currently obsessed with alice in wonderland - please call me kat or katarina
    ImageImageImage

lächeln,
White Belt

Post by lächeln, » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:46 pm

hello! i'm s a f a r i . - that's also my username on cs, so feel free to hit me up if you want nwn
    i don't really know what to say. i should probably start with the fact doctor who and the avengers is my life right now. my favourite avenger is without a doubt iron man/tony stark, and my favourite doctor is no. 11. but jack and rory are my favourite companions, and the master is my favourite time lord. incase you can't tell by the way i write 'favourite', i am from great britain. i also really really love youtubers. my favourite youtubers are; charlieissocoollike, nerimon, kickthepj, crabstickz, musicalbethan, itswaypastmybedtime, jimmy0010, officalnerdcubed and jontronshow. i also enjoy video games. my current favourite video games are halo 4, bully; scholarship edition, saints row the third and left for dead 2. i'm not one for having a wide range of video games, and i don't like CoD at all, but yeah... uwu' and i have a wonky music style. i enjoy one direction, nicki minaj, will i am, mumford and sons, jinja safari, the paper kites, miike snow, regina spektor, sleeping with sirens, pierce the veil and fall out boy. i promise, my music range is much larger than that, but i feel like i'm rambling, so i'll cut this down now. sorry! anyone can pm whenever they like, i enjoy having people talk to you, especially since i don't know any of you u___u

EWL
Brown Belt

Post by EWL » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 am

Greetings fellow awesomesauce members!
I'm EWL {also my username on chickensmoothie, which a lot of you guys seem to be on also}, and you can find out a lot about me through my tumblr. If you don't feel like looking there for stuff I like, don't fret, for I shall explain some to you now~
I'm a huge fan of music. I like the bands Of Mice & Men, Sleeping with Sirens, Ghost Town, etc. as well as classic rock bands {Pink Floyd, Aerosmith, The Clash, The Beatles, etc.}. I'm also really into edm {electric dance music}. Daft Punk, Skrillex, Deadmau5, Porter Robinson, Zedd, Madeon, etc. are all included there. Gee, I like so much more music, but I don't want to bore you guys.... oops.
I love to draw, write, and sing, but I'm afraid I'm not very good at them :/
I love to read books; my favorite book is Looking For Alaska by John Green. I read it very recently, but my god was it fantastic. Yes, I would recommend any of his works, I've read them too. {Well, Just Looking For Alaska and Paper Towns, but I'm reading An Abundance of Katherines at the moment and it's great, so yes, I would still say that you should read them}.
My favorite tv show has a three-way tie between The Twilight Zone {black and white ooh ahh}, The Inbetweeners {UK version, obviously}, and Workaholics. Um, I think that The Inbetweeners and Workaholics are hilarious, so if you like funny stuff you should check it out {they're pretty inappropriate, so only if you're alright with strong language and yeah I don't know how to describe it...}. I think the creepier episodes of The Twilight Zone are pretty cool and when you see what people in the 50's/early 60's thought the future was going to be like is really interesting.
So yeah, looks like I've said a lot. If you wanna know more, just ask c:

Weredrakka
White Belt

Post by Weredrakka » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:50 pm

Hello!

I'm the same Weredrakka as you see on ChickenSmoothie, FelisFire, and DeviantArt, and I was once (two years ago) on Magistream under the same name. If you know me from one of those sites, feel free to drop me a line!

When not on those aforementioned sites, I'm either playing Skyrim, Oblivion, WoW, or Okami, or I'm reading/writing/drawing, or I'm at the Seido karate dojo I am a part of (this last one is most likely for the majority of the time).
Book choices run the gamut from nonfiction (usually marine-related) to fantasy, but I gravitate strongly towards science fiction and Lovecraftian horror. Favored authors include Ray Bradbury, Frank Herbert, Orson Scott Card, HP Lovecraft, Edgar Allen Poe, John Scalzi, and Jules Verne. I also enjoy Christopher Moore, in lighter moods.

Musically, I enjoy bands like Talking Heads, The Clash, Joe Strummer and the Mescalaros, Peter Gabriel, Oysterband, The Levellers, Violent Femmes, and many others. I also like more modern bands like Carbon Leaf, Mumford and Sons, Flogging Molly, and occasionally a bit of Florence + the Machine.

That sounds about right, really! I look forward to meeting some of you through roleplaying.

aberdeen
Purple Belt

Post by aberdeen » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 pm

Hello I'm new, I'm on CS as aberdeen. I don't know if I know anyone here already but It's nice to meet you.
    I'm sick of Chicken Smoothie so this is going to me my new rp'ing home.

A little about me; I'm a girl, I love punk rock and weird movies, dyeing my hair, making art, the paranormal, and reading books. I'm not that interesting I guess. Anyway if you wanna chat pm me, and if you want a oneXone rp just lemme know.
        running down to the riptide, taken away to the dark side

rain;
Purple Belt

Post by rain; » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Hey, I'm rousa4 - both on AS and on CS.

You call call me pretty much whatever you want, although most just call me rousa. ^^ I love pretty much all films - horror, comedys, even some romantic ones, and I love ones that are kind of strange - for example, Pan's Labyrinth, Spirited Away, and Edward Scissorhands. I'm also a fan of the Classics, Black-and-white films, and ones done by Alfred Hitchcock - if you haven't seen one, then shame on you! Seriously, Rear Window anyone? I mean, Phycho is like, the original horror film.

Um... I love music, and I've been playing piano and violin for quite a while now. Also, I'm british, so if you see me writing words like 'rubbish' and 'films' instead of movies, thats why. c: I don't really have a favourite artist and/or song, I think there is just too much to choose from. I'm also a huge book fan, and I've read a lot of things like Looking for Alaska, and The Chemical Garden series. I am also a natural blonde, but I don't think I'm stupid, like all the stereotypes.

Anyway, feel free to shoot me a PM. I love to chat, so don't feel shy. ^^
  • ImageImage
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    You’ll meet her, she’s very pretty, even though sometimes she’s sad for many days at a time. You’ll see, when she smiles, you’ll love her.
    [/center]

Grisly Bear
White Belt

Post by Grisly Bear » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I'm Ellis, although on CS my username is Grisly Bear and I'm probably going to change it here.

I love movies. I watch at least one weekly, although I often watch multiple. My favourites are Fight Club, Mysterious Skin, A Clockwork Orange, and Inception. Although there's so many that I absolutely adore, if I listed them all you guys would totally hate me and would never read the wall of text.
    I play a lot of RPGs and open world games like woah. I play them way too often, actually. My favourites are Mass Effect, Fallout 3, and Dragon Age.
    I do a lot of stretches, pushups, and situps in my free time because I have nothing better to do and its a great stress reliever.
    Books are great. My favourite is the A Song of Ice and Fire series, although I like a lot of other things.
    I blog a lot and have 3 main ones, with 4 alternate ones woops.
    On top of all of that non-social stuff listed, I do hang out with my friends a lot!
I work a lot and reply when I can.