Vipera Common Room

A place where you can come together with like minded people and discuss mutual interests.

Vipera Mascot (Poll 1)

Poll ended at Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:12 pm

----Body Colorations---(Do not vote on this bubble)
3%
Gunmetal palette
9%
Green palette
15%
Earthy palette
6%
Obsidian and red palette
18%
----Eye Coloration---(Do not vote on this bubble)
3%
Gold
22%
Silver
12%
Green
6%
Red
7%

Total votes: 68

blue
Vipera
House: Unsorted

Re: Vipera Common Room

Post by blue » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:00 am

• netflix is fair game but so is amazon prime video, hbo go, and hulu! if you're suggesting something off of amazon prime video make sure it's available on prime. that way it's free for me to stream. if it's not explicitly stated as a prime instant video, i'd still be able to rent it but i'd prefer not to spend money each time. i get free movies as a part of my prime membership but only the movies that are listed under prime. no blame this time though. i didn't even remember that myself. so because of that mistake, i had absolutely no problem renting it for us^^
    yes, if i can find that poll again (or if anyone has the link), i will make sure cah is scheduled for the next most popular day. i'm gonna keep it at around 6pm pst because that worked out well but if it's not on a weekend, the time may be subject to change.
tumblrcharacters100 days of summer

their turn: {none} • my turn: totoro;
my current time

muse | ●●●●●●●●●●
time | ●●●●●●●●●●

steak
Vipera

Post by steak » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 am

Artio wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:38 am
@steak/stek, how dare you pull receipts on your gracious movie host xD we all posted some interesting stuff about ourselves in that group chat though, let's be real

if you want, i can totally get receipts on everyone next time around
👀👀

we should watch arthur n the minimoys,
( sometimes called arthur n the invisibles )
whenever i ask people if they've seen it, no one's heard of it
it's a nice family fantasy movie imo
x
i'd like to hold kit harrington's hand
work:sun-thurs. no internet access

Shadowfurykatrina
Global Moderator

Post by Shadowfurykatrina » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:13 pm

Alright guys! Let's get this ball rolling.

What do y'all want to do, what do you want?

We gotta kick some activity up in this place ;)

Suggestions please, send 'em all to me!
PM them, send them here through chat!

Polls? What kind of polls?
Games? What kind of games?
Another movie night?

Anything! Throw it at me! I can't read minds yah know!

shamespren
Vipera

Post by shamespren » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:25 pm

shamespren wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:45 pm
Alright, guys, I've been doing some thinking, and I've come up with several different ideas. Everyone weigh in and add ideas of your own!

1. I think we should ask for permission for an active Viperian to remake this thread - that way we can have control of daily polls and/or editing the front page with information!

2. It would be awesome to have competition among other Viperians! I know, personally, I love friendly competition, and it could really help get the ball rolling.
- Match up two users to write the same prompt, then have others vote on which they like best. The winner can be challenged! There could be multiple challenges going on at once. Or, a bracket type thing.
- A daily/weekly raffle for those who have completed 2+ prompts. The name drawn gets to make a questionnaire for everyone to fill out!
- Look through each other's threads and nominate certain prompts for prizes: most gruesome, funniest, longest. We could have a hall of fame at the front.
- Avatar design contest. The winner gets all the Viperians to have their design as their avatar for a few days.

3. Or, rather than competition, there is some good ol' fun stuff we could do.
- Create a Vipera character to appear in everyone's prompts at least once. We could make up the character together and be amazed at how differently we all write it.
- Challenge a user by giving them a certain theme or plot idea for a prompt. You can either accept the challenge or pass it off to someone else.
- Have a day where we all complete the same prompt and give one another criticism.
- Have a day dedicated to a cluster of users, say five at a time, where we spam their inbox with encouraging messages and read all their prompts!

4. Create a Vipera chatroom where members can come and go as they please. It's easier to have conversations that way. Tinychat would be my vote.

Those are just a few different ones I came up with. I can't think of any ideas to get our lurking Viperians to come to this thread... anyone have any recruiting ideas? Maybe a featured new member gets to make a short questionnaire?
Pulling this back up for our honorary mod! Thanks for checking in!
ImageImage

epithet
Vipera

Post by epithet » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:47 pm

Turnout was great for the movie night! Super excited to do more of those, plus a cards against humanity game :) Really looking forward to that. My schedule, currently >
Today > aunt time and general business until 7:00 or 8:00 Mountain Time (because my ma and my aunt are lightweights that can't stay up past 8:00)
Tomorrow > aunt time, spending the night with my boyfriend - little to no activity
Tuesday > busy morning/afternoon, free evening
Pretty much free after that. I'll make a rabbit account and help blue out with some hosting :)

Movie Night Suggestions Doc
Shadowfurykatrina wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:13 pm
We pretty much have the movie nights handled I think. We're doing pretty well on that front and have it organized in a way that it is more privatized and we don't have to worry about other houses voting on our polls. (Not meaning you, but generally other houses.) I think we're also all pretty happy with the games that we're getting together.
All of our active members agreed that the current poll is a dud, so probably no more mascot design polls. That didn't work the best.

And ditto to shamespren.

blue
Vipera

Post by blue » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:11 am

• yeah. i agree. i think i have movie nights pretty much handled right now, along with some help from epithet. i've gotten a few pms from people who weren't able to join asking if we could have an event on a thursday or friday. i personally can't do thursdays come the end of august but i'm cool with it until then and someone else can host those. i was asked about a cards against humanity game.

and @shamespren, here are the ideas of yours that are my fave:
    match ups between members to compete writing the same prompt.
    prompt hall of fame- a little bit of recognition on the thread for the hard work we put in^^
    encouraging pms. i'd love to see some uplifting words & maybe mention what prompts we like from each other for specific reasons
    critiques on prompts we complete as a house
    and a tinychat! that way we can chat quickly among ourselves and don't have to worry a lot about the thread for general convo. i'm a little wary tho. i don't want the chat to become a replacement for the common room. i've been hearing they've been having some issues with that on the advanced scribes discord server.
tumblrcharacters100 days of summer

their turn: {none} • my turn: totoro;
my current time

muse | ●●●●●●●●●●
time | ●●●●●●●●●●

Shadowfurykatrina
Global Moderator

Post by Shadowfurykatrina » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:00 am

@shamespren - awesome thank you!
The ones I can give you a definite answer for is number 1 and number 4 !
Sadly it'd be a no for both. Strider wants the chatrooms to be kept between mods for security reasons and such. Any poll suggestions can be PMed to chat mods and site admins!

And number 4, Strider wants to keep all activity here since the goal of this was to bring activity to AS and for it to stay on AS. Since I own the unofficial AS Discord I have asked about making chats in the Main chat for the houses and he said he'd rather not have that so, I'm sorry guys ;u;

As for the other ideas, I'll totally keep those in mind!
I'll probably make a poll later on with some suggestions so you guys can vote for what you'd like first and from here, we can plan things out thoroughly !

Also about the design thing for the mascot, they were honestly just for fun (have no idea if Shep told you all?) But polls would not directly influence the design. The design would be down to the designer, the designer maybe chosen through a contest tho so I'd any of you like to draw and would like a certain design, keep that in mind! (None of this is set in stone tho!!)

✦ Feyre ✦
Vipera

Post by ✦ Feyre ✦ » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm

I'm so sad I couldn't make movie night :( I didn't know when my holiday would be until two days before it was booked. Hopefully next time I'll be able to - and it will not be at 2 am for me because I'll be in Florida :D so that would be like 9 o clock at night instead which is more manageable (although night owl bitch like me would have got up anyway)

Mascot contest?-a chance to display my fucking terrible art? ;) bring it baby !!

@shamespren very creative ideas ! Me likey

@blue you're lucky I wasn't there because I am also lord of reciepts! ;)

cσммαиdєя รнєραяd
Global Moderator

Post by cσммαиdєя รнєραяd » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:53 am

@Everyone
Hey guys!
Just keeping you all in the loop with my inactivity. As of today we've found another roommate! What that means is I can finally cut back on hours from work and dedicate more time into AS again. (: It will take a few weeks to get everything set back into place, but know that very soon Ill be back to actively participating with you all! I wanted to also thank you all for your kind words about my previous post, it means a lot that you all care so much. Thank you and Ill see you guys soon! <3
╔═══════════════════════════════════╗ 24. Female. Bi-sexual. Avid literate roleplayer.
I love video games, tattoos, writing fanfics and roleplaying!
I'm a Global Moderator here on AS, if you have any questions
comments or concerns feel free to PM me! I don't bite!

╚═══════════════════════════════════╝
╔═══════════════════════════════════╗ 1x1 SearchRP StatusTwitter
DeviantArtFanFictionTwitch
xXCShepardXx on XB1 & PS4
xXCShepardXx#3893 on Discord

╚═══════════════════════════════════╝
[/b] All 1x1's are on Hold. PM me.
ImageImage
Muse - 0/10
Time - 4/10

~SongOfFlames~
Vipera

Post by ~SongOfFlames~ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:17 am

Meep. Sorry for not showing up for movie night. I work different shifts on the weekend, and I couldn't attend because of work. It sounds like you guys had fun though!:D

As for movie suggestions, Ella Enchanted or Stardust is pretty good with a fantasy theme to it.Eh. Depends on what you guys want to watch next like drama, comedy, etc.If hosted on Thurs or Fri, I can probably pop in on my dino laptop. I definitely want to do a CaH session.

And omg! Those photos look great Epithet! Looks so much fun! The pics are amazing!