AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!
chemically poisoned
Yellow Belt
House: Amaranthine

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Post by chemically poisoned » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:15 am

Character Interview
Feat. Aaliyah Cooper
<~~~~~~** **~~~~~~>

1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
  • "I have a brother named Ian. He's two years younger than me. We're pretty close. He has bipolar disorder and I have PTSD so we look out for each other."
2. What is your character’s relationship like with their mother?
  • "It was really good until she left out of the blue when I have nine. My dad was a drunk and would fight a lot with my mom and then one day we never saw her again. Ian and I want to find her but we're not sure if she'll want anything to do with us."
3. What is your character’s relationship like with their father?
  • "I'd rather not talk too much about him. He's a fucking prick and I hate him. Next question."
4. Has there been any experience that drastically changed them? How so?
  • "Yeah. I have PTSD because my prick of a father. I'd rather not talk about it."
5. What can typically be found in your character’s pockets or purse?
  • "I don't typically carry a purse, but I always have my phone and candy or sweets of some sort. I don't really know why."
6. Are there any recurring themes in your character’s dreams?
  • "More like nightmares. I haven't had a night without nightmares since I have 10. They're always the same. Usually my dad and fire."

7. What does your character desire most out of life?
  • "I really want to settle down with someone and start a family of my own. I'm still a little fearful that what happened to my parents will happen to me, so I'm always a little hesitant."
9. Is your character bothered by the sight of blood? If so, how badly?
  • "Is blood supposed to bother me? Because if it is, it doesn't. I grew up seeing blood all the time, and it's not a good thing, but something I'm used to."
10. Does your character remember names or faces easier?
  • "Names, maybe. Faces, absolutely. I recognize faces all the time. Walking through the store, I'll never have talked to a person, but I'll remember that I saw them last weekend at a different store, and they were wearing a blue shirt and bright red lipstick. It have to do with my brain being messed up or whatever, but faces are easy."
11. What was your character’s favorite toy as a child?
  • "We didn't have much for toys. We were constantly moving around. We were practically living in our van because we moved around so much. But, one thing I do remember having was a baby doll that my mom bought me for my fifth birthday. Mom and Dad fought that night and I remember holding the baby doll and Ian against my chest, rocking us to sleep."
12. How quick is your character to trust someone else?
  • "I don't trust anyone. ever. no ifs, ands, or buts about it. absolutely not."
13. What does your character think of children?
  • "I want kids of my own someday, but I don't think I'd make a very good mother. I didn't exactly have role model parents to look up to and ask for advice on raising children."
14. How does your character handle confrontation?
  • "I don't really. I just tend to avoid confrontation if I can. I am not one for conflicts. They honestly make me want to vomit."
15. What is the worst thing your character has done?
  • "I possibly stole money out of people's wallets when I was younger so I could buy food for Ian and I to eat something because my father never bought us anything."

cσммαиdєя รнєραяd
Global Moderator
House: Vipera

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ ɪ

Post by cσммαиdєя รнєραяd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 am

• 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
      • I have a few siblings, however most of them are younger than myself. I'm not close with any of them. I don't even know their names or exact ages. The perks of having a family who hates you.
  • 2. What is your character’s relationship like with their mother?
      • My mother is a royal cunt. Too absorbed in her perfect life with my father to give two shits about her eldest child. Needless to say, our relationship is not very good.
  • 3. What is your character’s relationship like with their father?
      • I still occasionally talk to my father, but he tends to seek out my mistakes rather than my successes. I'm nothing but a disappointment to him. Not that I care all that much.
  • 4. Has there been any experience that drastically changed them? How so?
      • War. I've fought many battles on the front lines. War changes everyone in the end. Something about taking a life, and watching those you fight beside fall really really fucks you up. Need I say more?
  • 5. What can typically be found in your character’s pockets or purse?
      • While I am a female, I don't carry around a purse. In my pockets, you might find a few challenge coins, some spare change, my identification cards, and maybe some chapstick. I don't carry a lot on me.
  • 6. Are there any recurring themes in your character’s dreams?
      • I see faces of the men and women I've lost occasionally, however, I wouldn't exactly call it recurring. I don't tend to remember much of my dreams, as I'm typically too focused on the real world to dive too deep into fake images my brain re-creates.
  • 7. What does your character desire most out of life?
      • I'd really like for my troops to gain the recognition they deserve. Often, they are looked down on, but they're really good people. Great soldiers. They deserve so much more. Personal stuff? Well, I guess starting a family would be nice, find a nice girl, settle down. Adopt some cute alien babies or some shit. I don't know. I'm not good at looking ahead.
  • 9. Is your character bothered by the sight of blood? If so, how badly?
      • Blood doesn't phase me in the slightest. I've seen my fair share of it, spilled some of it, and shed some of it. I mean, don't get me wrong, blood is never a good sight, but it doesn't bother me like it does some others.
  • 10. Does your character remember names or faces easier?
      • Names often escape me, if I'm being honest. Faces are easier to remember. My memory isn't the best, I've been blown up one too many times I guess, but give me a face and I'll vaguely remember the name to it.
  • 11. What was your character’s favorite toy as a child?
      • My favorite toy? Well, back when my parents actually gave a shit about their little princess, I had this stupid little blaster that shot water out of it instead of bullets. I loved that fucking thing. I think I still have it somewhere, probably in pieces from as many times as I've moved.
  • 12. How quick is your character to trust someone else?
      • Trust is not something I hand out easily. You have to earn that shit, and if you lose it? Hah, you dun fucked up. Good luck.
  • 13. What does your character think of children?
      • Kids are cute, I guess. Not to say that I wouldn't want any, but I'm not exactly into the whole penis to vagina bullshit. Adoption would be pretty nifty if they didn't nickel and dime you for every little fucking thing. So.. maybe. Someday.
  • 14. How does your character handle confrontation?
      • It depends on whether I deserve said confrontation or not. If you're harassing me just to do so, I'll knock you flat on your fucking ass. If I fucked up, I'll admit it. Simple as that.
  • 15. What is the worst thing your character has done?
      • Probably cutting out my entire family from my life. Sure, they don't exactly love me like family should, but I have consistently denied calls from them because I don't want to feel the pain of them hating me all over again.

cσммαиdєя รнєραяd
Global Moderator

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ sᴜʙᴍɪssɪᴏɴ ɪ

Post by cσммαиdєя รнєραяd » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWORD COUNT : 778
x
  • SPACEhey say that true love never gives up, no matter what bumps one may come across in their journey together. Sadly, it seemed as though Layla was starting to believe otherwise. The man she thought would love her to the end was becoming more and more distant toward her, leaving a hole in her heart where he once held such a strong hold. Pushing her away, instead of pulling her in when she needed it the most. It was literally breaking her into a thousand little pieces, and she was struggling to hold all those pieces together alone.
    SPACEHe walked out with every item he had ever owned and left her there to try to understand what she had possibly done to ruin what they had. He claimed that it was issues with him, and not her, but she didn't believe that load of shit. It had to have been something that she did, but what could it have been? All she ever did was show her love to him. Countless hours spent being the dedicated girlfriend that any man wanted. Always by his side when he needed it the most, and now, when she needed him, he was gone. Fucking prick.

SPACEThe buzz of sound that radiated within the bar was dulled by her senses, baby blue pools staring at the bottom of her glass as if she could suddenly refill it with her mind. This was drink number four now, and the alcohol filled her with a warmth she didn't know she needed. A blur of movement in front of her catches her eye, and slowly her gaze lifts from the cup to watch the bartender as they approached.
    SPACE"Another?" The man asks casually, his hip leaning against his side of the bar.
    SPACELayla nods her head slowly, finally relinquishing her hold on the glass so that the man could take it. Eyes follow his every move, watching as he carefully fills the glass with whatever the cheapest beer on tap was. When he returns, he hovers near her, as if trying to find a way to strike up a conversation with her. She beats him to it.
    SPACE"Thanks." She murmurs, taking the glass and pulling it up to her lips before she would continue. "This wouldn't be a bad job to have. I'm sure you make a shitton of tips every night, and you see plenty of single faces."
    SPACE"It's not bad, the pay is good." He admits with a small laugh, leaning forward to rest his arms against the edge of the bar. "You looking for a job? I'm pretty sure we're hiring. Then you can make some good tips of your own and find some single faces and what not."
    SPACE"I'm not a very good people person," Layla admits, blue gaze lifting to him for a moment before back to her glass. Fingers play with the etched design along it as she continues, "I'd make shit tips and likely chase off any single faces."
    SPACE"Well with that attitude, perhaps not." He rolls his shoulders, but the grin on his face tells her that he's only teasing. "It'll be easy. You just have to seduce them."
    SPACE"You're kidding, right? I'm about as seductive as a cabbage." She scoffs, hands gripping the glass firmly and lifting it back to her lips with a grunt.
    SPACE"Well, you've got some humor. Drunks love that shit. I think you'd do just fine. I'll be right back." He chuckles, pushing away from the bar and disappearing into a small room off to the side. He returns just moments later, a small portfolio in his hand. "Here, at least put an application in. I think you'd do well here, and we've got a team that's like family. We'll make sure the drunks learn when to lay off."
    SPACE"Fine, you got a pen?" She murmurs lowly, tipping back her beer and draining it with ease. By the time the glass is back on the bar, a pen magically appears on top of the file and the bartender has moved down the line to assist his customers. Fingers easily pluck the pen up, and she flips open the folder so that she can get to work filling out the necessary information. Maybe this would take her mind off of all that has occurred in the past few months, and it would give her the income she needed to keep her home. Not exactly a bad idea, and she could finally blossom on her own instead of looking up to someone to help her do that. For the first time in months, she dares to let a smile stretch over her plump lips.

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas

Post by Kami » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 pm

CHARACTERS USED: Ray Kavanagh and Sybil Grace Godfrey
COLOR CODE: xxx - Ray; xxx - Sybil
x
Imagexxxxxxx
"It will be easy." He laughed quietly, watching as the youth attempted to dress herself. "You just have to seduce them."

"You're kidding, right?" She replied with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "I'm about as seductive as a cabbage."

The black-haired man laughed again, pushing himself away from the wall, moving towards the young woman and putting his cold hands on top of her shoulders. He could feel the shivers coming up and down her back as he pressed onto her bones lightly, trying to make the brunette stop panicking. There was absolutely no need for either of them to feel afraid; it was just a silly heist that didn't even matter a lot. And while it was the very beginning of her duties inside of the Guild, the man knew that the mission seemed absolutely impossible for his brown-haired friend. And while he found it a little bit funny, he tried to cheer her up.

He brushed the dust off of her dress, making sure not to damage the expensive, yet fake jewellery decorating her wrists, neck and ears. The girl looked beautiful and even him, a fairly conservative and hesitant youth, had to admit it. The black and burgundy garment fit her very well and the jewels that their Guildmaster had chosen for her first mission were absolutely stunning. They didn't cost a single gold piece, but they looked as if they could have bought one of the castles built outside of Paris' walls. "You look beautiful. And you should look as if you know that." He finally told her, raising her chin up with his pale fingertips, looking at the girl's makeup quietly. Personally, the thought that they had used a bit too much, but it didn't look too bad. Not that the man was an expert on how women got ready for events.

"But what if I fail?" She finally asked, fiddling with her hands nervously as she tried her best to appear confident - she was the heir to the throne, of course, the youth had to look as if she owned the whole place. Because she did. As her friend tightened one of the burgundy laces around her neck, she tried not to shake off his hands and yell at him. The man was taking everything too calmly and it annoyed her. "Jehan put everything on me and I don't know if I can do it. Ray, how can you be so calm when the future of your Guild is weighing down on my shoulders?" Her voice had a hint of panic to it and that caused for him to laugh; she didn't know that there were two more girls ready to take over her if she was to mess up that badly. But he believed in her and that was all that mattered. She was bound to mess up here and there, but not too much. Not now.

"You will do just fine, Sybil." He said, taking a step back in order to admire his handiwork as the girl kept fuming. It wasn't like he had made her to this; Jehan had told Sybil loud and clear that she had all the rights in the world to refuse. And the brown-haired Princess had gone ahead and took the mission into her own hands. "It was your choice, so you are not allowed to nag about it." He smirked quietly, watching as the girl just curled her hands into tight fists. Ray was about to say something else when the bell rung quietly and the fear on Sybil's face transferred to her blue eyes, revealing how panicked she was. Sighing quietly, Ray turned her around and began pushing her out of the room, determined to make sure that she got to the place safe and sound. Knowing the youth, she would run away at the last second, making all of them look bad. It wouldn't be good.

"You just have to go in there, flirt a little bit and get back out with the guy. Even you should not mess up at that and if you do... we have another plan that will work." He murmured quietly once they neared the large mansion near on to the main streets of France, the black-haired man stopping behind a corner and watching his friend quietly. She looked great and there would be no way in the world that their target ignored her without coming up to chat for a little while. Ray knew how men of that standing worked and everything that they wanted was a passionate one-night stand. Even if Sybil pretended to be mute or something like that, the guy would still try to bed her. He just knew it.

Once the main doors of the mansion opened, the youth turned to his friend and nodded, pointing towards the door and then walking away without a single word. She just stared.

ryuk
Yellow Belt
House: Halcyon

prompt - mature themes

Post by ryuk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:38 pm

PROMPT SUBMISSION
ft. mya & deer's trevor
              • "It'll be easy. You just have to seduce them" Trevor said to her, looking pleased with himself and the entirety of this idea. This was one of her first tasks she was given to do alone and she would be lying if she said she wasn't scared. She had done enough deals and errands with Matthew by her side, but never had attempted anything alone. She didn't have the skill set that her boyfriend had and all she was used for was her pretty face. In any other situation she would be flattered to be thought of as so attractive, but that certainly wasn't the case here.

"You're kidding right? I'm about as seductive as a cabbage," she retorted, not at all impressed with this. Not only would she have to pretend she was interested in some douchebag, but Matthew would have to stand back and watch. Or rather, stand back and get his job done once Mya had the target distracted. She wasn't even sure she could pull this off, especially knowing the man she loved had to suck it up and let her flirt and fool around with another man. Trevor had even mentioned that she may need to kiss him to keep him distracted. The thought of it almost made her gag. First of all, Mya would never ever cheat on Matthew. The idea of it made her gag. She loved him and wanted to spend the rest of her life with him and she had no interest in any other person in this world. Second, their 'target' was a creepy looking forty year old man. She shuttered at the thought of it.

Trevor laughed at her words, gently pushing her forward into the large ballroom where her target would be, along with many other folks. It was clear that there was no getting out of this, so she sighed and turned to look at her new boss, making sure he could see how unimpressed she was. "Just make sure you control Matthew. You didn't even tell him about the full plan did you? He's not going to be happy seeing another man's hands all over me." The man smirked, almost looking surprised that she figured out that he didn't know. "The less he knows the more focused he'll be on his task of getting the money," he replied simply as if it was no big deal that her boyfriend didn't know she was planning on getting handsy with someone else.

With that, he gestured her towards the man she was targeting, and with a deep sigh, she headed towards him, pushing her way through the crowd and finding herself standing directly in front of the man. "I hear you're the one I need to talk to about some business," she cooed to him, flipping her long blonde locks over her shoulder. He looked confused, but Mya didn't break her act, not for a second. "You know, I think this would be better to discuss elsewhere," she added, placing her hand on his shoulder before taking a seat in his lap without hesitation, "perhaps the bedroom." Immediately, the disgusting pervert of a man understood and smirked, his eyes grazing over her entire body before leaning forward and placing his lips against hers. He tasted like cigarettes, beer, and every regret she had in life. She just hoped Matthew would get the job done sooner rather than later. And she hoped he would never know about this.
Last edited by ryuk on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

canine,
Black Belt

( character interview - avery grey )

Post by canine, » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:02 pm

---
      1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
      --- avery has no blood siblings to speak of, but he has two younger step-sisters- adalaide and sophia. they are, respectively, four and five years younger than him, and they've been close since the day their parents got together. it could be said he was closest to sophia, always reading to her when they were kids and she became his biggest inspiration to be an author, but he doesn't like to play favorites.

--- he and his mother, colette, were quite close, although she was pensive about his aspirations to be a writer and constantly badgered him to consider a real job. he cut all ties with her when he was changed, and hasn't seen or heard from her since.

--- avery's father, benjamin, left when he was just a boy, after falling out of love with his mother. the divorce was on mutual terms, and avery was granted numerous visitations. over the years their contact lessened, and when his father found a new wife he packed up and moved across the country to start new with her. avery hasn't seen him since, but he nor his mother held any grudges or ill-will against him.

---his step-father, ambrose, was a different story. although he was quick to consider the man's daughters as family, his previous good relations with his blood father after the divorce made him unwilling to consider ambrose as his 'new dad'. they still remained close, but more friendly than familial.

---avery was bitten by a werewolf in his early twenties, and his life after that was forever changed. he left his family and his work and his whole life behind and spiraled completely to rock bottom. for about a year he lived alone off his remaining funds, battling and losing fights with depression, anxiety, and mood swings, among countless other issues. he became a shell of his former self, surely unrecognizable to everyone who once knew him. things changed for the better when he was unceremoniously adopted into a new pack by one very spunky girl, spencer adler. despite living with them now, he still feels very out of place and continues to struggle with the issues the change forced upon him.

---he typically carries a pen and notebook with him, in the case inspiration ever strikes (it doesn't, but he was convinced by spencer to keep his mind open to the possibility he'd want to write again). other than those, he doesn't carry much.

--- ever since the change his dreams have been plagued by monsters and terrible thoughts of himself harming people he's close to. he doesn't like to talk about them.

---out of everything? to be normal again, to not have experienced that fateful night that changed his life forever, or to have just not lived through the attack at all. he knows that's impossible though, so realistically he desire's most to one day feel like he truly fits in and belongs with the pack.

---terribly. only marginally in control of his shifts, blood happens to be a huge trigger, and coupled with his fear and known instances of snapping, he'd rather stay as far away from from the stuff as he can.

---definitely faces, although names aren't all that hard for him either.

---he was a big ol' dork and preferred reading to playing with toys.

---not very well. it takes him a long time to trust, especially with people who are bigger and more intimidating than him (which is almost everyone). he naturally gets along much better and more easily with women.

---loved children before the change, barely tolerates them now. again, due to mistrust of himself and his control mostly. his pack alphas have a son that he tries to stay as far away from as physically possible.

---poorly. he prefers to avoid conflict, but when confronted he can get either very aggressive or pretty much break down.

---although the memories of the incident are mostly muddled, he has killed someone before. it had been brutal, to the point the body was almost unidentifiable. it was this that brought the pack to him, tracking him down and ultimately taking him in and offering help.

d r a g o n
Green Belt

Character Interview w/ Kai Fallon

Post by d r a g o n » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:12 pm

• 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
                Well his oldest sibling is four years apart from him, and his youngest is two. And he has several siblings total. So yes, and kind of no. They were forced to grow up pretty fast. He was closest with his youngest brother, as they were both treated like baby brothers most of their life.
                He loved her dearly. They shared a passion for stories of adventure. Kai would always be the first to help her with chores and shopping. The first to take care of her and the house. They had a strong bond before Kai ran off to join the navy. He hasn't contacted her since he left the mainland.
                Kai's father was strict and hardworking and to Kai; he lacked familiarity. Kai tolerated his father, but their relationship felt forced and rigid. They were bound by blood and truly nothing more. Kai has lost contact with him and he has no desire to make amends.
                Oh, Kai has done many, many things in his life that altered his story. From abandoning his family's traditions to losing himself in a pit of lies just to hold the hand of a girl he loved so dearly. He left his homeland behind to hide away from his shame. He now roams foreign lands as a mercenary.
                Coins, toxins and herbs. Novels, Ink and pen for a journal. Rags for cleaning and knives for everyday use. A few spices for roasted dinners.
                Not particularly. They're simply vivid and often full of monsters to be slain. Sometimes he'll have dreams of those he's currently working with but nothing significant.
                Other than to marry and hold the hand of his one true love. He wishes to live healthy and happily with a good amount of coin to his name. However, before he does that he wants to see the world. See what there is along the roads less taken. He wants to experience life before he settles somewhere comfortable.
                Of course not, not as a mercenary. Not as a trained soldier.
                Names. He thinks there is significance in names and who you are as a person.
                Just like most boys in his hometown, he often had a toy wooden sword to play with. This was about all he had growing up. Play fighting with his brothers and friends seemed easier than anything else. If you were not playing with swords you were likely not to fit in.
                No, unless they show promise. Unless they trust him in return. Otherwise, he would rather save his trust for those who are worthy of it.
                He adores them. He looks out for them and worries for them. He was ready to be a father once, and would have given anything to have a child of his own.
                Pretty well. He's a sweet talker and likes to make a deal. ESPECIALLY if that deal has a lot of coin involved. He knows just want to say to get out of a fight. He's level headed and calm. Also not afraid of any man, no matter how skilled he may be.
                If you ask him personally, I think he'd have a lot to say about this question. He regrets far too many things and burdens himself with far too many memories. Leaving his family behind is perhaps the worst that he has down, as far as Kai is concerned. If not that, definitely when he left the navy behind and became a fugitive.

ariel.
Brown Belt

Character Interview • Adelaide O'Meara

Post by ariel. » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:20 am

She has one sister, Raisa, who is four years older than her. Throughout her whole life, her sister has been her largest support - taking on more of a motherly role for Adelaide as her relationship with their own mother began to fade into the background. However, she has her closest friend who has been a sister to her throughout her whole life.
                Distant. While their is love in their hearts for one another, the secrets her mother has withheld from her over the years has caused a barrier between them. The bond she once had with her mother as a child is no longer present and instead she finds her comfort in her sister and companions.
                Closer than her mother, her father has always been protective of his daughters, though as Adelaide began to face her struggles with magic he began to grow more protective of her. While they both Adelaide and her father struggle to express their emotions - it sort of brings and understanding between the two of them. He has always done his best to give his support to her.
                The first vision she experienced, violent, the foreshadowing of a war. It was something no child could truly understand, and even know her visions are not something she understands. She began to distant herself from emotions and reality from then on, and has built strong defenses in an effort to keep her visions from affecting her emotionally in such a severe way.
                Almost always has a small purse full of coin, coming from a noble family. Balancing crystals. Has many herbs and an assortment of items that aid her in basic spell casting.
                Black eyes.
                Answers. To know why visions plague her mind, to know why she was given such a 'gift.' As well as perhaps impatiently waiting for her love to propose.
                No. She is familiar with using blood in even most basic of spell casting.
                Faces. They are often burned into her mind after seeing flashes of so many different faces in her mind for so many years.
                While it's not necessarily a toy, but her favourite spot to play as a child was within the tall trees of the Blackwood forest.
                Not very quickly, she is often anxious and paranoid around strangers - for she knows strangers to be something who either will fear her, wish to see her kind dead, or both.
                Surprisingly fond of them. Perhaps it's because she sees the innocence that was taken from her as a child within them, or perhaps because they see her magic as something to be fascinated with and not scared of.
                Extremely well, that is, when she is the one doing the confronting. She is blunt, honest, and will rarely waste her time dancing around her frustrations. However, when she is the one getting confronted she often lacks words, preferring to become defensive rather than answering to the person.
                In her mind? Not telling her dearest friend of the visions of mourning she had seen within the halls of the Blackwood home.

☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Purple Belt

Post by ☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆ » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:20 am

I'm taking a page from someone's book and I'm going to explain to you really quick these two.
They're colorpoint cat monsters from the UnderFell universe, and as such, have gone through some pretty rough things. For most of these, I'm basing them off the furthest I've ever gone in a timeline, in which Kat got kidnapped when she and Asriel went to college. They were dating at the time, and as such he was upset.
For two months, she's beaten and ridiculed. When she's rescued, she's changed. It takes a while to even get remotely back to normal.

Kat and Ky are twins, but though Ky was supposed to be born first, something happened so, instead, their Souls merged. For a long time, she was just a voice in Kat's head, but she finally got a body when they made it to the Surface, in this case because she was able to forgive herself for all she'd done.
Without further ado, their interview. (which will be edited later for format)
Hidden text.
Katherine Joy and Kylee Jenna Hope
Character interview
"We have five. I'm probably closest to either Ky or Kaylee. Kaylee is so sweet; I love her."
"Probably either Kat or Keili. We can be salty at the world together."

"..."
"Our biological mother is a witch, and that's putting it nicely. Toriel, though, is the best mother EVER."

"See Mom."
"Asgore is chill. He's been through so much, yet he's still alive. He's the best, paws down."

"*glances at the ground* Yes. Two. The first was when I finally ran from home. I couldn't take the abuse, and they'd just cut out my tongue, so... The second... *shiver*"
"Learning Kat had been kidnapped. It was the worst day of my life."

"Chocolate, keys, and, now, one of those self-defense keychains courtesy of Ky."
"Hey, it's a dangerous world! For me, usually my ID, keys, and defensive stuff.

"...*turns away*"
"*lowers voice* She has nightmares of the time she was kidnapped a lot. Then, Gaster, and growing up."

"Love. That's all I want."
"Good people to love me. It's the best one can get, you know? And I wanna spread it, too. In my own way."

"Not at all!"
"Nope."
"(She is. She fainted once at a deeper scratch on this kid once.)"

"Faces. I don't know why, exactly."
"Kind of both? I dunno, really."

"I... Didn't exactly have toys."
"*shrug*"

"Not very. I wish I could, but..."
"I can usually tell after a day or so if I can trust you. Granted, I have been wrong..."

"CUTE!"

"I... Not very well, really."
"(She handles it better than she thinks.) I like to think pretty well, honestly, but. *shrug*"

"I got mad at Ky for something that wasn't her fault. Not really. We've made up, but I still regret it."
"*glances away* I added to the abuse Kat went through. It's not something I'm proud of, even if we've made up. I've always wondered, what if things had been different?"
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image

ironic
Black Belt

AS Afflatus: Character Interview.

Post by ironic » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:41 am

Image Image Image
CHARACTER INTERVIEW
SPENCER QUINN CASEY
    Technically, Weston Casey isn't exactly in her age group. Spencer was twenty four and Wes was seventeen, and because their parents were fairly negligent, she ended up being the one who cared about Wes the most. She'd fight the entire world for him. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough to save him when they were involved in an accident. Spencer was immortal, Wes? Not.(But thank God for ghosts)

Foul. Spencer and Evelyn Casey did NOT get along. both of them were opinionated and stubborn and couldn't manage to see it each other's way. they were typically on opposing sides of an argument and even while Spencer grew up being the model child, they argued day and night. The rocky relationship hit rock bottom when Spencer broke her engagement with her fiance, signed a different law firm than the one Evelyn wanted, then proceeded to move a distance away. When it came down to Wes, the argument only grew even more bitter. Evelyn thinks Spencer spoils Wes and wasn't willing to let him go off with her. Evelyn didn't get her way. Nevertheless, as she believes that both her children died in a horrid car accident, she mourns them, family photos placed high as any grieving mother would - even if she hardly knew her own children.

Distant at best. Arthur Casey praised her and bought her nice things, but Spencer wasn't the kind of daughter that spent much time with him. In fact, growing up, she kept secrets and only came home for the company of Wes. While she and her father never really argued, they never really had too many words to exchange on a whole.

Spencer caught her fiance cheating on her, shortly after finding out that he'd lied about having an offer from a law firm. While Spencer was never really a Good Person, she was committed to playing the role of a perfect daughter for the public eye and her parent's 'happiness.' When that happened, she decided that it was enough and quit everything. Her relationship with her mother was never that great, but she certainly burned bridges that day. Later on, she'd be involved in a car accident that reveal her nature as an immortal. She began a career in the criminal world, taking defense, combat, and martial arts classes for six years under various aliases, so that she could exact revenge on the people who attempted to murder her and succeeded in murdering her little brother as collateral. After that she met Dante, who would only nurture her more vicious tendencies.

Spencer is a hitwoman for hire. She dresses to the nines and most of the time in her coat pocket are her keys, a tube of lipstick, and some receipts. Her purse is the more pressing matter considering that's what holds the guns and knives and poisons. She has one purse dedicated to the art of crime. Otherwise, her bag typically contains one firearm, various pens and maybe a note taking pad, a small USB, and some on the go makeup products.

Spencer doesn't typically recall any pleasant dreams of hers, though she does smile in her sleep often. Yet, her nightmares are very vividly her last moments before her first death where she was trying to reach Wes and he's just out of her grasp.

Revenge, beyond that a nice life of luxury would be very nice. Most of all, however, she's achieved her goal - more or less. Ever since her death, she's been planning on avenging her brother and started a criminal career based on it so that she could get closer to her targets. Within six years, she's killed nearly every person who played some role in Wes' untimely death, but there are still names on her list. She just hasn't found them yet, but she sure as hell will. She's about to be real petty because what else can an immortal do?

Though as a child she was a bit squeamish at the sight of it, she grew used to it after seeing some more gruesome crime scenes. Then, after that she developed a flair for murder herself. Suffice to say, Spencer is not bothered by the sight of blood, nor is she all too bothered with the shed of it.

Spencer's not too great with names and has to study up on a case before she does anything. However, she doesn't typically forget a face, which is pretty good in her line of business with the ever changing names and whatnot.

Spencer had a stuffed dragon named Casper. He was the dragon who defended her from the monsters under her bed and brought her great levels of comfort up until she was about twelve. She still keeps the dragon around as a memento.

Spencer trusts exactly one living person and luckily for her, he's immortal. Perhaps it's falsely placed trust, but aside from him, she genuinely trusts No One. She's more likely to truly die with her immortality than she is to trust someone quickly.

While Spencer does think that children can be cute, she's never seen herself as a mother or long term caretaker of children. She thinks that they can be cute, but they're also messy, disgusting, and little parasites, especially the bratty ones who don't have any manners. Nevertheless, she will stop and coo at a baby on the streets as a passerby.

Confrontation usually doesn't end well with Spencer. She is a very proud person and loathes hearing anything critical, especially if it's not particularly constructive. More often than not, confrontation with her can be on criminal grounds, and then it never goes all too well and typically ends messily to say the very least.

Fifty words for murder and she's every one of them.