AS Afflatus: Issue Eight

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Did you read the ‘Reminders & Point System’ post on page 2?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 34
amnesia.
Black Belt

♛ interview - ❝ mathias pleur

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 am

---

character used; mathias pleur
            • 1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
              ________with his high status he likes to believe that he has an entire kingdom dependent on him, though the reality is that he causes more harm than good
              2. Is there anyone your character is dependent on? How and why?
              ________aellô, his 'right hand woman' so to speak and second in command to his kingdom. for the most part he relies on her for the overseeing of his army and to bounce ideas off of, often taking her advice into mind amidst battle situations
              3. How seriously does your character take the words ‘I love you’?
              ________for the most part it would depend entirely on the person themselves and their connection to him- someone he holds contempt for, for example, would be laughed at, a person somewhat close to him would gain a degree of amusement and slight discomfort, and for someone he considers close to him he would likely step back and evaluate why they would feel that way about him
              4. What does your character think will happen to them once they die?
              ________honestly, he cares very little. he's not a religious man, nor does he believe in superstitions such as ghosts or other such beings. he would like to think that he would receive a king's burial beneath the castle he holds so dear
              5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
              ________a mixture of both- in his younger years he fought to attain what he wanted, using any means necessary to attain his goals, and after having reached the status as kind he feels a sense of entitlement
              6. How does your character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)?
              ________very poorly, for the most part he sees people of lower status than him to be replaceable, unless they hold important information then he doesn't see why they can't just be replaced if their services are displeasing
              7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
              ________hasn't everyone at one point or another? being kicked by a horse during his teens was an unpleasant experience, but from it he learned not to startle a horse so carelessly
              8. How does your character behave around people they like or want to impress?
              ________boastful, will initially attempt to impress with a show of the many expensive things he's acquired over the years
              9. How does your character behave around people they dislike?
              ________it depends on the degree of dislike, if it's only a mild form of dislike then sarcasm, sharp words and none too subtle jibes, if an immense dislike then probably put to death
              10. How does your character handle criticism?
              ________given how unaccustomed to it he is he'll likely react very poorly, unless said criticism comes from aellô then there's a high chance that his reaction will be far less than pleasant
              11. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable.
              ________any situation which involved having to deal with children or prolonged expressions of sentimentality
              12. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely comfortable.
              ________arguments, a battle of wills, any situation in which he has to keep his guard up or feels as though he is in control
              13. What influence did your character’s father have on them?
              ________his relationship with his father was a complicated one, though the short version is that he learned from his father's mistakes and strove to become a stronger man than he ever was. it was a tense relationship at best, mathias holding a large amount of scorn towards him
              14. What influence did your character’s mother have on them?
              ________similar to his father in the sense that it was strained, lacking in much respect towards her from a very early age
              15. What would your character’s spirit animal be and why?
              ________probably something feline based, with his temperamental nature. while he would like to think it to be something as grandeur as a panther or a tiger his would more likely be a smaller breed such as a house cat
amnesia.
Black Belt

♚ interview - ❝ penemuel

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 am

---

character used; penemuel - "nem"

• 1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
              ________he's painfully oblivious to kaede's dependence on him, thinking of himself as more of a lodger than someone of actual importance
              ________kaede well, he likes to think of himself as an independent man capable of looking after himself in the world
              ________there would probably a blank stare followed by a large amount of confusion, if it's from someone he knows relatively well he's likely to believe it to some degree, but if it comes from someone that barely knows him he'll mostly likely scoff and brush it off as a strange joke
              ________he doesn't think about it often - given that he's a demon he can't imagine it'd be pleasant, though he likes to believe that he'll be welcomed with nothingness rather than being returned to hell
              5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
              ________he knows that he won't get much unless he works for it, though he still chooses to try and find the easiest means of attaining it
              ________with relative politeness, especially if they're handling a certain caffeinated beverage, though for the most part he'll speak how he's spoken to. if given respect then he'll return it, and if spoken to rudely then he'll leave without paying
              7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
              ________while not necessarily a singular bad experience he does seem to have bad luck when it comes to birds, he also has bad luck with babies, who seem to always start crying if they're ever unlucky enough to be held by him
              ________there aren't many people that he specifically wants to impress, though in a hypothetical situation he likes to think that he'd figure out something that particular person likes, be it an object or place, and surprise them with that
              ________one word - ignored
              ________honestly, he would have to care about the person that the criticism came from for him to value it
              ________there aren't many situations that make him uncomfortable, being asked a myriad invasive questions would be one, being placed in charge of an important situation being another, and looking after more than one child being a third
              ________about ten cups of coffee, a cocoon of warm blankets, food to hand and an interesting book to read. really anywhere that's warm, dry, and where he has access to caffeine
              ________instead of ingraining cruelty and deviousness in him penemuel's father's teachings instead created a man far too laid back for his own good, creating a polar opposite to the average stereotypical demon
              ________with a rather lax relationship it's fair to say that he picked up his mother's flighty habits, for example when something becomes too much of a chore or too much of a challenge he'll simply abandon it rather than stick it out
              ________probably a koala or a sloth given how much he sleeps, caffeine is required to keep him awake longer than a couple of hours at a time, and even then he'll often delve into naps throughout the day
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

prompt 1 [1032 words]

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:25 pm

based off: spliced roleplay
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
xx
  • "Oh please," Finnegan spat, unimpressed with the situation at hand. The last thing he imagined himself doing was travelling in the middle of the night, heading to some other state hours away in order to attempt to join a ban of what the government called "rebels". The irony was that they weren't rebels. They were just humans with a slight difference that the government feared. Not because they had a real reason to as these people weren't dangerous, but because they could gain the potential of overriding the government with the powers they and their daemon's possessed. It was why splicing began in the first place. Why they hurt these people and killed them. All for fear of losing power. The thought of it made his stomach sick. Or maybe he felt sick because he hadn't taken his medication yet that his family forced him to take daily, his body feeling slight withdrawal symptoms from the lack of it. He knew it was going to be difficult leaving his family despite the neglect and abuse he faced, but he didn't count on leaving his drugs behind as being difficult. The human body was strange and even if you didn't want it in your system, your body craved it. At the moment, he just felt like crap. But eventually, he was sure his emotions would flare and it would not be good. But it wasn't something he needed to worry about at this moment. Right now he was focused on getting to his destination that would hopefully be his new home. There was a chance that these people at the institute would send them away, but he would deal with that as it came. Somehow he figured that they wouldn't. Especially a young boy with no home or family to go back to. Not anymore.

"You can't just fight your way through everything. If you could, you would have ripped my Mother's head off by now," he spat at Leo, his African lion daemon that walked next to him, griping about some man that looked at him funny and how he wanted to sink his teeth into him. Leo was an angry soul and a violent one, which brought out a lot of those behaviors in Finnegan as well. As much as the aggression annoyed him, it was hard to hate. Leo was a part of him, a part of his soul, and he couldn't hate the guy. He loved him like no other and even though it was his fault that Finn had anger issues, he couldn't hate him. Not ever. Despite the flaws, Leo had been with him for years. His daemon switched a lot when he was younger, but for the most part stayed as is. Finally Leo was in his permanent body and would remain as such for the rest of their lives. Finn really didn't mind it. Having an African Lion as a daemon was pretty damn cool and it frightened people a lot of the time, hence him being drugged up and kept at home for school. He didn't really have much education and struggled just to read and write. All his parents ever did was just drug him up and sedate him, so they never really taught him much when it came to school. He could do basic math skills that he learned from a cheap book that they gave him, but that was about it. Reading anything other than basic words was out of the question such as a novel and writing was a whole other situation in which he struggled at. The boy just could not spell to save his life and he had always been embarrassed of it. But there was nothing he could do now except get away from the toxicity and hopefully find a new home that would accept him. Hell, he didn't even need to be loved - he had Leo for that - he just wanted to be accepted for once in his life.

"Violence may not always be the only answer, but it's a good one," Leo replied, smugly humming to himself at the idea of it. He certainly wouldn't hesitate to pick a fight, that was for sure. It was a fatal flaw that hadn't cost him his life yet, but it just might. However, if one thing was for certain, it was that he adored his human. Leo would do anything for him. He would be anything, do anything, killing anything, just to keep him safe. The only reason he hadn't touched the boy's parents was because Finn didn't want him to. The boy had a hatred for the two adults that destroyed his life and abused him, but he still loved them. That was his fatal flaw and it nearly did kill him. The lion then glanced at the boy, letting out a huff, his demeanor changing from smug to serious, an almost kind expression falling on his face.

"Show me your scars," he said then, halting in his tracks to really look at him, causing Finnegan to stop as well. The boy tilted his head in confusion, not sure why Leo was saying this, but at the same time really wanted to know what he was getting at. The two were joined at the hip and even though he was his daemon, that didn't mean he knew everything that was going on inside his brain.

"What?" he asked, walking up next to him and leaning against his form, habitually lifting his hand into his mane to twirl a strand of hair, something he did when he was upset. "But...why?"

Leo didn't respond right away, just looking at his human with a slight sadness clouding his vision, almost guilt. "I want to see how many times you needed me, and I wasn't there for you." His words hit hard, Finn's expression and composure slowly beginning to crumple. His lip began to quiver and tears welled up into his eyes. The boy had no words to say; not now. Instead, he leaned forward, wrapping his arms around his thick, flowing mane, and cried into the one person that had always accepted him - and loved him.
Gamora.
Black Belt

character interview. [2]

Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:15 pm

• CHARACTER INTERVIEW - FINNEGAN DEAN

1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
      "Leo is pretty dependent on me. If I die, so does he. Other than that, I'm only sixteen - nobody needs me."
      "I'm dependent on Leo. I don't know what I'd do without him. I'm so afraid of splicing; not because of the pain but because I'd lose my best friend, my other half."
      "I've never said those words and have never heard them said to me, so I don't really care."
      "I just hope in the afterlife I can stay with Leo. That's all I want."
      "I don't put much thought into that stuff. I spent my life drugged up so stuff like that hurts my brain. I guess you got to earn your keep, though. You don't get things handed to you."
      "I've never had a job, so I don't know. I think I'd be a good cashier or something though. Maybe a bag boy."
      "I have a daemon with me, which is essentially my animal soulmate I guess. So no, I've never had a bad experience."
      "I don't really like people and tend to be shy, but I just try to not say the wrong thing."
      "I just get quiet. Or angry."
      "I can get pretty angry pretty fast so not well I guess."
      "Having my parents tell me I'm crazy. Which lasted my entire life pretty much, so all of those years were extremely uncomfortable."
      "Whenever it's just me and Leo hanging out. Especially when the drugs wear off a bit and I can function like a normal human."
      "Not a good one I guess. But a lot."
      "Same as my Dad. I don't want to talk about it."
      "Considering my daemon is a lion, it would have to be that. Leo is basically my other half, the other part of my soul, and that's no exaggeration. He is me and I am him. We are one."
Memory.
Black Belt

❝ ─ Interview : Kaede HIbiki

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 pm

We can pick sides,
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Kaede Hibiki
── ● ──────────────────── ● ──
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
But this is us.
Hidden text.
"Dependent? Whatever happened to being indep-- oh god, please tell me you have somewhere to go when we're not together. You can stay at my house if you'd like, I can even give you my room! Or you can sleep on the couch... can I make you breakfast? I'll go make you breakfast."
"Nah, I'm depende-- Hey, Nem! Nam! Nim! Hey hey hey, over here! Get over here, or else I'll bite your ear off."
"I, uh... We're demons, have more respect for yourself!"
"Die? Well hopefully that will never happen ~"
"Deserve? Hell yeah, I work hard for everything that I have."
"Ma'am, I just came in here for some hot chocolate and twelve bags of coffee for a friend. Please, can I just... can I just get what I came here for?"
"Hell hounds, man! AmIright?"
"I will bite you with every chance I get, you can bet on that.
"Oh, that's simple; if you don't like somebody, then just kill them."
"I'm only human! No wait, I'm only demon... demon? Human? Oh God, what am I!? Help!"
"Well, I feel uncomfortable when I fall asleep. My dreams are the darkest part about me, and I'm glad that nobody has to live in my kind of world."
"Comfortable? I don't know wha-- Nem! Hey Nem, can I lay on the couch beside you?"
"Father? More like victim."
"Mother? More like murderer"
"I am a golden lion tamarin. Deal with it, that's why."
xxxxxxxxxxxx
✧ super slow replies atm ✧
Memory.
Black Belt

❝ ─ Prompt : Scars

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 am

x ═══════════════════════════════════════════════
Words: 1,723 Warnings: Murder, technically self harm?
═══════════════════════════════════════════════
  • Another shattered window, another mark added to the dozens that already lied among his body. The longer those marks stayed, the deeper that they cut. Though the scars nearly consumed his entire body, he no longer cared about the pain. In fact, unlike most things in life he actually looked forward to it. That was why he did the things that he did; lie, cheat, steel, he would even kill to feel this pain. The severity of the scars depended on the severity of his actions. How many people has he killed now? He would say none, but the scars would say otherwise. Of course, humans couldn't see the markings at all. They were foolish, oblivious to the demons that walked amongst them. Could anybody even see him? He didn't know anymore. It didn't matter though, because if they were to see him they would call him a criminal. In fact, everything that he's done was most likely worthy of death of the worst kind. That is, if he weren't already dead. In fact, he didn't even realize that he was dead until he went home one day, and his mother was mourning over an urn filled with ashes. That was also the last time he visited her, the pain of not being seen too much to handle.

The boy was also not one to believe in angels, which made that night all the stranger. He had just gotten done with his antics, and the sun was setting. Since there were a whole lot of things scarier than him that came out at night, he had decided to retreat into the bakery in which he had taken to sleeping in, just until he found another place to go. But he didn't want to leave the comfort and smells of one of the only places that gave him a happy experience while he was stuck in the world. Usually the place was closed, but there was a guy that he remembered him to be the owner's son. They had some memories together, but not very many; though he couldn't remember why. In fact, he didn't even remember very much about being alive. In any case, he had no problem with the guy being there. What did it matter anyway? It wasn't like he would be bothering him anytime soon. It wasn't as if the boy could see him. Nobody could see him.

Or at least, that was what he had initially thought.

"You're dead too, aren't you?" A small smile lit up the features of the baker's son; Remy, he thought that that had been his name. At first, he thought that he had been talking on the phone to somebody, or perhaps he had been talking to himself. So, he gave no regards to him as he laid back in one of the booths. It wasn't until the boy walked over and sat in front of him on the other side of the booth, "I'm talking to you, you know." Wait what? "your name is Jack, right?" He was talking to him? Well, he was the only other one in the bakery, and when he glanced over at him, the boy was staring right back at him. The initial shock of being able to be seen was the first thing that crossed his mind. The second thing that confused him was the fact that the boy had also given him a name. Jack? He tried to search his thoughts before looking away from him and giving a small sigh. "I don't remember my name. I don't remember anything anymore." Why was he so willing to talk to this guy? It could have been due to the fact that he hadn't talked to someone or had any connections to the world whatsoever. And then a thought came to his mind: Was this going to be his next victim?

"I see." Remy got up then, walking over to help him up from the booth in which he had been laying so comfortably in. Did he want him to go with him somewhere? Why? Either way, this guy could actually see him, and he had been craving the feeling of interacting with somebody for the longest time, even if he hadn't realized the fact until then. Either way, he found no reason not to trust the guy; so, he grabbed his hand, ready to be dragged to wherever he wanted to take him.

When they had stopped walking, they ended up at a park. This confused him greatly, seeing as he didn't remember very much of this park despite how familiar it had seemed to him. It was then that Remy took his hands in his, their faces getting awfully close together. "You still don't remember much?" He asked in hushed tone. Jack wanted to back away: Was this guy crazy? What was this? Millions of thoughts were running through is mind, but he only shook his head slightly to the question. It was then that their lips brushed together in a passionate, yet innocent type of kiss. It didn't go further than that though, him being too distracted by the lost memories that came back to him in rush. What had that small token of affection done to him? All of a sudden, the pain from the markings that he had accumulated over time burned; were they getting deeper? The pain was wonderful, but he felt like he was dying all over again. Still, the pain didn't show on his face. However, some of the memories that he had remembered caused tears to rush down his cheeks. Tears, that wiped away the moment that Remy saw them. He let go of Jack then, staring at him with only a small smile on his face. But Jack wasn't looking at him. Instead, the pain from the markings and the headache from the memories caused him to blackout.

When he woke up, they were still in the park; his head was resting comfortably on Remy's lap, and when he looked up at him, Remy was just staring up at the sky, the moonlight seeming way brighter than it had before. It wasn't until his eyes started to close again that a question… no, more of a demand, woke him up and pulled him out of his initial drowsiness. Though, the worry behind the other male's voice was what caused him to sit up, though he refused to look at him. "Let me see your scars." Scars? How could he possibly have known that the boy had… scars? Did they even constitute as scars? He didn't answer then. Why should he? There was no reason to cause this guy to worry, and instead he came up with a little white lie. "I have no scars." However, Remy was too insistent. "Please! I need… I need to see them." Silence. Jack then got up and started to walk away. Damn. Why did being dead have to be the same as being alive? Nobody deserved to worry about him. Wasn't that why he had died? Nobody should care about someone of his nature. "I know you have them!" Remy stood up then, not wanting the boy to leave his sight. Still, no answer was given. He followed him then, "stop being a coward!"

Now, those words were interesting. Him? A coward? He had never thought that anybody would even have the nerve to say that to him. Either way, it caused him to turn back around and ask a question in turn. "Why!? Who cares if I have scars, or whatever you call these marks!? It's none of your business! I don't even know you!"

It was the realization then that Jack had absolutely no idea who he actually was. That had caused him to calm down a little bit, but he was still unsatisfied with the fact that he hadn't given him an answer. Still, he let the boy speak his mind until he was done: "How can you even see me!? And why did that kiss give me back all of my memories that… that I've tried so hard to lock away? You can't just kiss people! You… you…" He stopped then, thinking that it was useless to keep rambling on like that. Jack felt humiliated, but only looked up towards Remy to see if he had anything to say. Which, he did: "Jack… I'm supposed to be your guardian angel, but you were lost from my radar the moment that you died." He let that sink him for a moment, seeing as how it was a bit hard for the boy to process the fact. He stepped closer then, closing the gap between them only a little bit. "So… seeing as such, and based on how you reacted when I gave you back your memories… I want to see how many times you needed me, and I wasn't there for you."

Shock spread across Jacks face; his what? A guardian angel? He hadn't believed him, but at the same time he did. Where were the wings? The rest of him resembled that of what people would call an angel, but then again, he knew that the smartest of demons in the world could disguise themselves as angels as well. He didn't question him any further though and gave in to the request. Though, the scarring and the markings went beyond his arms, causing him to take off his shirt and fling it to the side. Feeling too ashamed to look at him, Jack refused to look at him. It was then that he felt a sharp pain just below his ribs, and the twisting of a blade had caused him to slump forward, leaning up against Remy. "Wha-?" It was surprising, but it was a warm feeling. There was no blood of course, but instead he felt himself fade away. He looked up at him, but Remy only stared solemnly at the ground, holding him until he faded away completely. The dagger glowed slightly, signaling that the soul had been purified, and was on its way to rebirth. A thousand souls. His job was done; and so, he began to fade away from the world as well; the last image in his mind being that of how brightly the stars and the moon had shone that night.

Memory.
Black Belt

❝ ─ Prompt : The Grand Canyon

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:31 am

════════════════════
Words: 1,126 Warnings: n/a
════════════════════
The feeling didn't settle well in her stomach. It never felt right whenever she had switch therapists. Though, the man on the left side of the room was far from a stranger; in fact, they had been friends for quite some time. The only reason why she was even allowed to him despite their friendship was because he had requested to speak to her, knowing all too well that he was most likely the only person that she would be willing to talk to.

They sat there in silence, but Seraphina didn't mind. In fact, she enjoyed the silence that consumed her like a bunch of soft waves. It was calming, and for once she felt relaxed; though she didn't know if that was because of the presence of someone important to her, or if it was because she was on some kind of other med that a newer doctor had prescribed her. She had almost fallen asleep until the man spoke up, "so… tell me something. Humor me, why don't you?" Seraphina opened one eye, glancing over at him with blatant curiosity. "What is there to tell? What do you want to know?" The man tapped his pen against his clipboard and stayed silent before speaking up again. "Why don't you tell me a story? You've always been good at telling stories." The fact was true: Seraphina loved telling stories and writing stories for all kinds of genres and people. The art of actually writing with pen and paper may have been lost from the cultures of the world, but the simple practice would never be lost from her heart.

"Have I told you the story about the Grand Canyon?" A look of intriguement settled over the man's features: "I don't believe you have." He got up, walking across the small room to get two cups of water, though she held up her hand in a polite refusal to his kind gesture. "Well, listen up, because I'm only going to tell you this once."

She took in a deep breath before speaking again. "you know the stories about the Greek gods, goddesses, the heroes, and even all of the villains. But there is a goddess that I want you to focus on while I tell this story: Artemis, also known as Diana. She's said to be the goddess of the hunt. A goddess in which she refuses to love or be loved by anybody." She paused for a minute, collecting her thoughts before continuing on with the story. "But it wasn't always like this. In fact, she used to love a man who gave her all of the attention she wanted. A man, who was only a mortal. They shared everything together and refused to be apart from each other." Another pause. What was she going to say next? Who cares, the therapist probably thought that she was crazy anyhow. She could see him writing something down on that clipboard and knew that she probably should have stopped the story there, but she wanted to keep going. No, she had to keep going for the sake of finishing what she had started. Who cares if she sounded crazy? Society and science had already deemed her as such.

"When her brother learned about this human, he didn't like it at all. So, he did what any brother would have done… he gave this human a mission and said that an oracle told him to give it to him. Foolishly, the human believed him since he had no reason not to. Needless to say, when the man didn't come back on their wedding day, she went out searching for him, but never found him." She took the cup of water then, he thin fingers circling the rim of the paper cup. "She never found him and assumed that he just walked out on her forever. Nor did she ever learn the truth, and the pain only led to heartbreak." She took a sip of her water, noticing that the guy had stopped writing. "And then what happened? The Grand Canyon was formed because of her heartbreak and pain?"

Seraphina gave a small nod before setting the cup on the floor and sitting up on the couch. "Aphrodite locked her heartbreak away in a box for years. With that heartbreak, she had taken the memories and all of the other emotions that she had. And as time passed, Artemis became the archer that we know her to be today. Little did Aphrodite know that this box would be stolen away from her as a prank from two gods that didn't like one girl in-particular." The man cut her off then but would soon prompt her to resume her story. "Why didn't they like her?" She only shrugged, "not many people know. Most would assume that it was because of the fact that she was lazy and never did her job… but at the same time, I'm not even sure if she really had much of a job in the first place." It was silent for a minute before she decided to resume with her story. "It had been years since she opened the first box, and foolishly opened another box years later that would cause cracks and earthquakes to happen in the world; a curse that only happened if a person's heart broke, and the circumstances depended on the severity of a situation. However, since this was the first time a curse like this had been released upon the world, the first heartbreak was the worst of all."

She looked up, just to make sure that the guy was paying attention. She took the fact that he had put his clipboard down as a reason to keep going on with the story, despite how bored he kind of looked in that moment. "And since it was goddesses heart that had broken? That made things even worse. Fissures, cracks, earthquakes, and everything of the like caused the world to open all in one place. In fact, we would have lost a huge portion of our world if the main three gods hadn't joined together to keep the world together for the sake of humanity and everything pure in the world."

"So… what about all of the earthquakes and natural disasters that had happened before that incident?" Was this a test? Perhaps, but it was only natural that a mortal such as this would ask such questions in the first place. "Yes, everything before that was natural. In fact, there are still things that happen naturally in the world. Much like global warming, the stress of heartbreaks is only an added factor." She left it at that before picking up the cup, and once again taking a sip from it.
Mithra
Red Belt

Character interview [1]

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:50 pm

CHARACTER INTERVIEW WITH RINKO AMEMORI
  • For this interview, I decided to interview the protagonist of a Danganronpa story I'm writing, Rinko Amemori (don't mind the lazy, unfinished form lmao). As the Ultimate Vlogger, Rinko owns the most successful vlogging channel in Japan. As such, she is always seen carrying around a camera and she doesn't hesitate to record everything that happens around her, even if it breaches someone's privacy. This interview is taken before the events of my story.

Since my last interview (in which I wrote out a scenario in which I actually interview the character) took a lot of time to do and didn't make me feel like doing it again, I will answer the questions myself this time.

Hidden text.
    Rinko likes to believe that the millions of people watching her vlogs are actually 'dependent' on her, that her videos make them feel better. Which is true, in a way. She often receives fanmail in which someone claims her video helped them get through difficult times.

The previous answer can also be applied vice versa; you could say that Rinko is dependent on her audience. If everyone were to stop watching her videos one day, she has no source of income anymore, she wouldn't be able to pay rent anymore and has to move back in with her parents.

Not so serious. As a famous vlogger Rinko is used to hearing these words every day.

Since she never had any experiences with death, this is a subject she never gives any thought. Though, she doesn't have any beliefs that there is such a thing as reincarnation or the afterlife.

She likes to depict herself as a 'hard worker' and that everything she has now, she had to earn by working hard for it.

She doesn't really pay much attention to them but she certainly doesn't look down on them, or anything. She just treats them normally, like she does with any other person.

Nothing that bad. She always had cats around when she grew up and sometimes she would end up getting scratched by them when playing with them, but that definitely didn't stop her from loving cats.

Most of the time she'll go into full fangirl mode, but it depends on who it is. Mostly they are other vloggers who inspire her, around which she always tried very hard to get them to notice her and make a video together. Now that she is the most famous vlogger in Japan it's usually the other way around; people tend to look up to her instead of vice versa.

She'll act very cynical around them, and always have a snarky remark ready whenever they do something she finds strange. It's rare for her to truly dislike someone though.

It strongly depends on how the criticism is brought to her and who it's from. For example, if the criticism is given in the comments of her vlogs, only if it's accompanied with compliments she'll be open to it and consider changing or improving whatever was criticized. However if that's not the case, she'll just disregard it as hate.

Being with a friend who feels down. She is really bad at consoling them and doesn't know how to act around them since she's naturally very cheerful.

Doing something fun with her friends. She's not really the type to just 'chill' and hang around on the couch, she'd rather spend her time on something exciting.

Not much. Her bond with her father isn't too strong since her parents divorced when she was still young.

She definitely has her extroverted nature from her mom.

... Maybe a rabbit, that symbolizes her energy and spontaneity?
victoriaaa.
Yellow Belt

Re: character interview.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 pm

═════════════════════════════════
xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
is there anyone dependent on your character? how and why?
aspen's best friend is the only person dependent on aspen. she always goes to her for advice, money, anything she needed. of course aspen did whatever in a heartbeat. the two were best friends since elementary school.

is there anyone your character is dependent on? how and why?
aspen has never depended on anyone. she grew up with her parents teaching her if there is an issue, she needs to fix it. if she needed something, she had to find a way to get it herself. aspen only relies on herself for what she needs.

how seriously does you character take the word 'i love you' ?
aspen takes that work beyond seriously. she had one relationship in high school. the two were together since ninth grade. he ended it with her in their senior year. he cheated on her, lied to her. after that, aspen has never trusted a guy. when the word is said, she tends to change the subject. she feels like she doesn't even know what that word means?

what does your character think will happen after they die?
aspen never thought about what would happen. her family was never the religious type. all she hopes is that she will go somewhere beautiful and safe. besides that, aspen doesn't care what will happen.

does you character feel like they deserve what they want or they must earn it?
aspen grew up in a family that was beyond wealthy. her parents owned the grey business and company.
she was handed whatever she wanted and when she wanted. growing up aspen felt happier when she bought things herself. it gave her a rewarding sense.

• how does you character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)?
                  aspen had never been rude or angry towards service people. she herself was a waiter in college. she loved the experience and knew how harsh customers were at points.

has your character ever had a bad experience with animals? what was it and how do they feel towards that animal.
                  aspen has never had a bad experience with animals. she actually had her own puppy named doozer.

how does you character behave around people they try to impress?
                  when aspen wants to impress someone she often comes off as very awkward. she always gets too dressy and has word vomit when she speaks to them.

how does you character behave around people they dislike?
                  aspen tends to kill them with kindness. she often just tries her best to get along with them if they are in closed quarters. aspen has never been the aggressive unless you have done something to hurt her beyond words.

how does your character handle criticism?
                  aspen takes criticism rather well. she is always open for ideas on how to be better and make things she do better.

describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable?
                  an extremely uncomfortable scenario for aspen is running into her ex. the breakup was beyond harsh and she feels beyond uncomfortable around him. he lied, cheated on her, accused her. running into him would make her want to throw up.

describe a scenario in which you character feels extremely comfortable?
                  an extremely comfortable scenario for aspen is sitting in her house with doozer. laying in her bed with a blanket, a coffee and some netflix. that would be the best thing ever for aspen.

what influence did your character's father have on them?
                  aspen's father was never around much. he was always working in the grey company's building. he was home late and always let early. she never saw him unless it was an occasion.

what influence did you character's mother have on them?
                  aspen's mom worked almost as much as her father. she tended to be home in the early evening through to make dinner for the two and make sure aspen got to bed at a decent time.

what would your character's spirit animal be and why?
                  aspen would be a panda bear she tends to bring balance into things. she loves problem solving and peace making. she always likes to see both sides of a situation.
cirilla
Yellow Belt
House: Sagacitas

character interviews──callista

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 am

Image_
Yes, one person: Mags. The two have been tight for years. Mags does not have a family of her own, so Callista was all she had. So whether she needed a place to rest her head or a shoulder to cry into, or someone to get shit-faced with, Callista was the one.
Just like Mags was dependent on her, Callista depends on her, too. Ever since her mother's death she has never been the same, and Mags was the one that she leaned on whenever a low tide hit. No matter what, Mags has been there to back her, more than her own father ever had. Mags was her foundation, in other words.
Honestly, she's scared of hearing those words. She does not want to forge emotional attachments with anyone, apart from her best friend. She has lost too many people in her life and doesn't think she could handle losing any more. So, the less close relationships she holds with people, the better.
She is not religious and doesn't necessarily believe there is an afterlife, but she's open to the possibility of it once it actually comes up.
She firmly believes that whatever she wishes to attain in life, she must earn it. If she deserved what she wanted she would have had it long ago.
Doesn't really pay much mind to them. She doesn't intend to give them a bad time nor does she put in effort to be gracious.
None to speak of.
Professional. Her demeanor changes and she elevates herself. In order to impress, she intimidates, too. To portray herself as an individual of power and intelligence is her goal.
Completely disregards their existence or is short with them.
Callista honestly doesn't give a fuck what people think of her. She's better off than them academically and financially, so they have nothing on her.
Anytime that she is with her father. He has never been constant in her life and the times that he was around, albeit briefly, he always appeared to be disappointed in her. She wanted to do him proud despite all this, but nothing ever seemed to change his view of her. Whatever that view may be.
When she isn't sober.
Being absent in her life made her more ambitious and studious, gave her motivation to rise above her fellow classmates and excel in order to get his attention. To have him see her as an excellent daughter. Consequently, however, he made her more impassive. She does not seek active affection and rarely steps aside from her work. She does not take the time to build friendships, to date, to commit to one person. She is selfish, seeking to gain for herself rather than for others.
Her mother was the only warm spot in her life besides Mags. Unlike her father, Callista's mother was always there to support her and provide the love any parent would for their child. She was an English professor and absolutely adored Greek literature, which she would often read to an adolescent Callista. However, one day her mother suffered a fatal heart attack and never made it to the ER. Just like that, Callista shut herself away from the world. She never fully grieved her mother's death, never had a chance, and to this day she refuses to feel the pain of that grief, knowing damn well that post-poning the inevitable would only make it worse.
A lion. They are confident and powerful. She does not let emotions cloud her judgement and does not hesitate to set people in their place if they rise to challenge her. The very few she considers important to her, she will defend relentlessly.