AS Afflatus: Issue Eighteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Afflatus Activity - OTP #2

Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:14 pm

ImageImage

1. Who wants kids and how many?
"I believe we would both like to adopt a kid or two at some point. But I mean that point isn't in the near future right now. One day perhaps, but we are both young still. Let's let everything settle down around all of us before we bring a child into our home as well."

2. Who looks the best in a tux/gown?
"Darren obviously. I mean he is smoking hot."

3. Who is the dog person and who is the cat person?
"I don't think Darren ever really cares. He would probably like dogs though. I mean I like both, but Xavier's cats seems to love me."

4. Who is the worst cook?
"Darren. I mean he isn't horrible at it, but he can't make a meal from scratch either. He's more the type that you hand materials for a sandwich and hope he can figure it out."

5. Who made the first move?
"I did. Kind of a heat of the moment thing in high school right at the end of a basketball game but I never regretted it."

6. Who is the worst liar?
"Probably me. I mean I don't really tell lies because Darren and I are very good at telling the truth to each other. But if it is needed, I'll keep a secret for awhile."

7. Who would (or said) "I love you" first?
"I did. Although I would bet that Darren was going to say it the exact moment I did, and I just beat him to it."

8. Who hogs the blanket?
"Me! I like being covered in blankets. Especially if Darren is under the blankets with me."

9. Who kills the spiders?
"We only kill if we really need to. It's not like the spiders are bothering either of us. But both of us will kill one if needed."

10. Who is the responsible one?
"Both of us. We are both pretty mature when it comes to, well, everything. I'm a bodyguard within the gang and Darren runs an underground network. So we both need to be responsible both inside and outside of our house."

11. Who gets jealous the easiest?
"Neither of us I think. I mean I can't really remember a time that I was really jealous of someone around Darren. I don't think he has ever been either."

12. Who can wrap presents well?
"I suppose that would be me. But I'm not match when against Nate. He can wrap so much better than all of us."

13. Who is the most romantic?
"Probably me again. I usually plan most of our dates and anniversary getaways. I mean don't get me wrong, Darren is romantic at times too, but I kind of go the extra mile because he deserves it."

14. Who is more competitive?
"We are both pretty competitive. We both played basketball in high school on the same team, but we always have little matches against each other sometimes."

15. Who gets embarrassed easily?
"I don't think either of us do. Unless you are telling like a really embarrassing story about the first time Matt and I made out. Then perhaps I'll get slightly embarrassed."
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is still amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora []
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kael
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview || Darren Black

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:47 pm

1. What are some unconscious quirks your character performs? Is there a reason?
"Well the thing about unconsious quirks is that they are unconsious so if I would be aware of them then it wouldn't be unconsious quirks but consious ones. So if you really want to know you should ask Jason or Matt."

2. How long can they go without showering before feeling gross?
"I think three or four days if I am all caught up in my nerd cave. If I am actually working out I need to shower right after working out."

3. Do they leave their clothes on a floor or chair? Or neither?
"I tend to leave them on a chair, but Jason makes me leave them on the floor at times."

4. Do they sleep with the bedroom door open or closed?
"Closed."

5. What animal would they be?
"I think I'd be a wolf."

6. If they could only eat one thing for an entire month, what would it be?
"Oof, that is hard. I guess I'd go with sandwiches because it is one of the few things I can actually make and you can put a lot of thing son sandwiches."

7. Would your character want to know the exact time and date of their death?
"Definitely not. Nope. Get out. I don't want to know anything about death."

8. Would your character want to know how they die?
"I thought I would say that you should get out? No. Stay away."

9. What is your character's favorite mythological creature?
"Oh man. I can only pick one? Damnit. I always thought centaurs were pretty cool... And perytons. Man, perytons are cool as well. Or dragons. Dragons spit fire man that is so dope. Then again were-creatures are cool as well... And pegasus... Even unicorns are cool holy fuck did you ever read about them? They are not as girly as one might think..."

10. What is their favorite song?
"Currently it is probably Radioactive by Imagine Dragons."

11. Does your character procrastinate or stay on top of things?
"I'm always on top of things. It is better not to slack. That may lead to people catching up on you."

12. What does your character indulge themselves on?
"Tech. I can get erect over tech. Mythology is also one. God, playing basketball... Jason... Did I mention tech yet? Robotics?"

13. How do they react when they're injured?
"I feel guilty especially when my injury prevents me from functioning normally. I don't want to be a nuisance or a burden to anyone, especially not to my husband."

14. How does your character celebrate their birthday?
"Cake, presents, watching some mythological movie... Nothing too special actually."

15. What was their first kiss like?
"It was... unexpected. Jason was actually my first kiss, even if that probably sound stupid. I wasn't really the handsomest in high school with my braces. So yeah. My first kiss was really nice and warm, I think it was timed perfectly and was perfectly. Wouldn't want to change a thing about it."

Kael
Silver Belt

Character Interview || Roy "Arsenal" Harper

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:13 pm

ImagexxxImage

"Sometimes I unconsciously jam my fist up a face but that is simply because people like to press my buttons. Probably I do some other things but I don't really look after myself like that. I have better things to do."

"Most of the time no longer than a day. I tend to collect quite some blood from other people on my body during the day."

"On a floor. On a chair. On a table. It basically depends where I am falling asleep."

"Closed. Don't need any motherfucking idiot to think he can walk in and disturb my sleep."

"I have no fucking idea. Maybe a wolf? A lion? Honestly I don't fucking care."

"Pizza. Pizza is chill."

"Why would I want to know? So I can say goodbye? No thank you."

"Not really."

"Would it be odd for me to say Incubus? Because they are... fascinating.... so to say."

"I think that might be Lose Myself by Eminem. Because well, I tend to lose myself on a frequent base."

"Procrastination is my thrive and if people think otherwise come meet my fists."

"Training. Beating up some punch bag helps me keeping myself under control. So I like training or just getting to action."

"I laugh hysterically until it healed like... three seconds after. Pathetic people think they can injure me."

"I don't, actually."

"Rough. Feral. Heated.... Angry."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxI was just another part of your arsenal.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
OverwatchSpeedyA.T.O.M.
➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳➳
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 18 Character Interview One

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 am

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... ?t=3975950

Jessie

Playing with her hair, which I think a lot of girls do. Pressing her fingers together, usually when she’s nervous.

Not long, especially since she’s prego, so she wants the water anyway.

She used to leave them on a chair, but is now learning responsibility.

Closed.

A dog or wolf, maybe a fox.

Muffins.

Nope.

Nope.

Griffin.

White Flag (Dido cover) by Fall of Envy.

She stays on top of things.

Chocolate.

Not badly, unless it’s like super bad.

With her family, a small party.

She thought it was nice, but then the guy got her preg and took off...
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 18 Character Interview Two

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 am

Shiloh
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... ?t=3969777

He paws at the ground sometimes, without thinking. Just a dog thing? Maybe worry or stress.

He doesn’t wash himself, he’s a dog.

Doesn’t wear clothes.

He’s a dog...

He’s a dog.

Dog friendly beef or pork.

No.

No.

Japanese Cerberus, or Fenrir.

Doesn’t really care, but will listen. Doesn’t have a fave, though.

He’s a dog, but he’s on top of things.

Napping, cuddles, or treats though he can’t have lots.

He’s a dog, so he tries to fix it himself. If it’s really bad, he whines and yelps.

With his family.

Uh...didn’t have one.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 18 Prompt

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 am

“If I were a king, you would be my queen.”

https://www.deviantart.com/spiritstar3/ ... -689508816

Vani hummed as he waited for Stormer to get back home. The wolf guy had been made to go to some pack meeting, leaving his human boyfriend alone. The tan skinned, darkish brown haired boy sighed, shaking his head, and stood to stretch. He headed for the bathroom, deciding to take a bath to relax. He must have fallen asleep, because the next thing he knew he was jumping up at a knock on the bathroom door. “H-Hold on, I’ll be done in a minute.” Vani said, grabbing a towel. He was indeed done in a minute or two, though his hair needed drying, and he opened the door. Met with the sight of his boyfriend, he cried “Stormer!” and pounced on him.

Stormer made a small sound, gently saying “Careful.” and ruffled the still-wet hair, placing a kiss on top of the smaller boy’s head. He grinned as he took him by the hand, leading him into the kitchen for a late lunch. Stormer figured Vani hadn’t actually eaten lunch since he hadn’t been around, a bad habit of the smaller boy’s. The human watched the wolf boy go about making grilled cheese and cutting up fruit to place into bowls, to go along with the sandwiches. When he was done, Stormer served it up, sitting with Vani and smiling brightly. They ate in near silence, talking here or there when needed. Stormer took the dishes to the sink once finished, then turned to Vani. “If I were a king, you would be my queen.” the wolf said. Vani blinked, asking “W...Where did that come from?”

“I hate leaving you alone, just because there’s stupid meetings...” the wolf said, almost whining it. Vani took Stormer’s face in his hands, rubbing noses, then leaned his head on Stormer’s. The wolf tilted his head as he glanced to his boyfriend, then nuzzled him gently. “Stormer, I’m fine, but...if it really upsets you, we can just run off together.” Vani stated. Stormer blinked, then laughed and grinned. “Let’s do that.”

[338 words]
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 18 OTP Quiz One

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 am

Shorter Wong x Yut Lung Lee
I need to show them love

Not really sure, but actually Shorter probably would. Maybe two, to make it even.

Well, Yut looks like a lady, and he literally looks good in anything, so Yut.

Other people have their opinions, but I’d have to say Shorter would be the dog person, he’s like one himself and he could get one to protect loved ones. Yut is likely a cat person, since snakes aren’t an option here, and he himself has that feline grace.

Pfft, I actually don’t know, haven’t seen Yut cook. Actually, that would probably make Shorter better, then.

Shorter, definitely. I feel like, for all his ways, Yut would actually be nervous and shy.

I’m pretty sure Shorter hasn’t lied in his life, he just doesn’t really say anything if put in a position like that.

That’s a tough one, because maybe Yut said it in his sleep, but Shorter says it aloud.

8. Who hogs the blanket?
I’d actually like to think they just share it equally.

Shorter, hands down, this man...

Probably Shorter, all things considered.

Yut, have you seen this betch? If you’ve seen the anime...it seems like jealousy, rather that anger.

Ah...they might both be good, or might both suck at it.

Maybe Shorter, as Yut still needs to see and learn.

I mean, they’re probably equal. Maybe? Probably.

Yut, I’d love to believe. This boy...
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 18 OTP Quiz Two

Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 am

Jaehee x MC ‘Sora’
newer ship

Both of them, but Sora probably more. Two, to keep it even.

They’re both amazing, and especially if Jaehee cut her hair again.

Jaehee is allergic to cats, so even if Sora is a cat person, she’d settle for a dog.

I think they may both be good, Jaehee moreso.

Honestly, they’d probably both interrupt each other, doing it at the same time.

Jaehee might have had to lie for Jumin...so probably Sora.

They’d say it at the same time, I’d like to think.

8. Who hogs the blanket?
They share it, because they’re good girls.

Jaehee.

Jaehee, having been a secretary, but Sora is learning.

Sora? I guess. Maybe it’s equal.

Probably both of them.

Jaehee has probably learned by now, but I think both of them.

Jaehee? I guess.

Sora probably could. Actually, no, they’re both pretty good at not getting embarrassed too easily.
important
Brown Belt

stand face to face with your god ( character interview )

Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 am

DOMHNALL REID !!
x
xxxxxxxxx
i. what are some unconscious quirks your character performs? is there a reason? domh clenches his jaw quite a lot, be it anger, stress, or anything else.
ii. how long can they go without showering before feeling gross? he likes to stay on top of his cleanliness, for status as well as personal reasons. he hardly ever goes a day without cleaning himself.
iii. do they leave their clothes on a floor or chair? or neither? neither. he keeps his clothes, as well as his quarters, very neat.
iv. do they sleep with the bedroom door open or closed? closed. he values his privacy.
v. what animal would they be? a jackal.
vi. if they could only eat one thing for an entire month, what would it be? he's not the type to indulge on food, but anything that's red meat.
vii. would your character want to know the exact time and date of their death? yes, he would. he could use that to his advantage.
xiii. would your character want to know how they die? yes.
ix. what is your character's favourite mythological creature? the griffon.
x. what is their favourite song? he doesn't personally have one, as he isn't much the type to listen to music.
xi. does your character procrastinate or stay on top of things? he's very punctual, keeping up with his personal agenda.
xii. what does your character indulge themselves on? alcohol, mostly. right alongside cigarettes.
xiii. how do they react when they're injured? he keeps his head about it -- he's no stranger to injuries, but he also doesn't brush it off. he seeks proper care so that he can heal quickly.
xiv. how does your character celebrate their birthday? short answer -- he doesn't. it's just like any other day for him -- mostly because he doesn't even know the date of his birth.
xv. what was their first kiss like? meaningless, in his gods-honest opinion. domhnall isn't a romantic by any stretch of the word. his first kiss isn't something he even remembers, having been tossed away right alongside every other meaningless kiss he gives other women.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Gamora -- Character Interview

Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:05 pm

I wouldn't really call it a 'quirk', but she's pretty careful on where and when she shows affection. She also has a huge lack of trust in strangers and is always careful and holds herself tense whenever she's in a large crowd.
                  "A day or two at most. Though, we don't always get the privilage to shower whenever we want. One downfall of being a Guardian of the Galaxy. Peter could definitely go longer than me without feeling gross."
                  "Neither. I put them in the laundry basket where they belong."
                  Unless she and Peter are ripping each other's clothes off. Then they most definitely end up on the floor.
                  "Closed and locked."
                  She would definitely be some sort of feline. Domestically, she'd just be a cat, but in the wild, a panther of some sort, maybe a lioness or cheetah.
                  Fruit. No doubt about it.
                  No. She already is pretty certain her death one day will come at the hands of Thanos, so she wouldn't want to know how or when.
                  As above, no.
                  Mythological creatures aren't really a part of her culture and she doesn't know about them at all. She would like to meet some animals on Peter's planet though. He has told her a lot about them.
                  "Fooled Around and Fell in Love, for obvious reasons."
                  On top of things for sure. And on top of Peter's things. And on top of Peter...;)
                  Material things don't mean too much to her usually, but love is something she indulges on. Spending time with Peter and just enjoying his company is the greatest thing in the world.
                  She acts as though she isn't hurt and won't let anyone help her.
                  Gamora's people do not celebrate birthday's, so that would be a foreign concept to her.
                  Her first kiss ever she'd rather not talk about. It wasn't important and meant nothing. But with Peter, their first kiss was pretty sweet and wonderful. A sealing of the unspoken thing, which had become finally unspoken.
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      ↠ in the darkest times, hope ───────

just a twenty year old cat mom who spends too
      much time crying over fandoms. honestly im just
      marvel and avatar trash. my pms are always open