AS Afflatus: Issue Nineteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Make sure you read the Reminders Post again!

Okay
27%
Will do
13%
I did
60%

Total votes: 15
angelofwarfare
Red Belt
House: Vipera

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:55 pm

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
nadia wendy artamanova
xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1). What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxher sign is aquarius. I believe that it suits her rather well. those that fall underneath the sign typically have traits such as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkindness, generosity, and friendliness.though sometimes, they can be guarded and keep a distance.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2). Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡loss (losing those that were close to her)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡water (previous death; she was reborn)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡tarantulas (who isn't afraid of these?)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3). Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlikes:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡rom coms
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡poetry
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡fuzzy blankets
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdislikes:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡bullies+liars
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡horror flicks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡anchovies
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4). What are their turn ons and turn offs?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe does not like those that are pushy about their advances. she does not like those that flaunt/show off at a constant.she also xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdoes not like it when they treat another person poorly (such as a waiter for an example). she likes someone that shares similar xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxinterests, they are kind and gentle, and has a passion for their dreams. humor is a plus in her book!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5). What is their ideal first date?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsomewhere fun where they can enjoy themselves such as grabbing a cone of ice cream in the city or playing a round of mini-golf! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsomething that is engaging and will allow for her to learn about the other.plus, it serves as a great and cherished memory!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6). How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxreasonable. probably with a pair of headphones or the audio kept low in her office in her home.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7). What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdrinking is fine as long as it is not excessive. then, that becomes a problem. drugs is a no-no. tattoos she likes on other people. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsome piercings are fine such as ear and nose. anything else is a no in her book.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8). What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe does not practice religion nor was raised with one. she thinks it is wonderful that people can practice religion freely without xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeing treated differently (or threatened because of it).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9). What is their relationship like with their parents?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe doesn't really remember them other than the sparse memories. her mother was supposedly a very kind and gentle woman. the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxrelationship she shares with her father is a rocky one after she has been reborn.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10). Where do they see themselves in 5 years?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxfinding her other half and share their dreams to the future.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx11). What is the first person they notice about someone new?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(I am assuming you meant the first thing they notice about someone new?) it will be their smile and their eyes! :)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx12). What is the pettiest thing they have done?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxput a flat in someone's tire to their ship because they were being an ass.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx13). What is the nicest thing they have done?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsaved a shopkeeper's son that was in danger and did not ask anything in return.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx14. What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeing marooned someplace she was unfamiliar with. girl went on to survive and kick some ass in the end.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15). What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthey accepted her for whom she was (dark family secrets and all).prob could cry tears of joy knowing that someone could like her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxthe way she was.

angelofwarfare
Red Belt

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:55 pm

auriel loren cinaed
xxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx1). What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxher sign is a scorpio. they are known to be resourceful, stubborn, and brave. yeah. I'll say it is pretty fitting.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2). Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡being controlled (feels as if she is a marionette than a person)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡found out what she is (typically looked down upon/distrusted)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡close spaces (hates the feeling of being cornered)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx3). Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlikes:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡fooooooddddd
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡dogs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡lounging around
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdislikes:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡being alone
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡the winter (cold)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx♡funerals
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx4). What are their turn ons and turn offs?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe likes a person that is chivalrous and polite. also, someone that has confidence. if they are great at cooking, that is a plus! she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxdislikes cockiness, pathological liars, and those that have a stick up their buns.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5). What is their ideal first date?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx probably at a bar or at a restaurant. basically anywhere that serves food and drinks. either that, or maybe at a beach?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx6). How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxlouuuuddd!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7). What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe doesn't care about any of it. you can drink, do drugs, have piercings and tattoos, and she will not blink an eye.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx8). What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe does not follow any religion nor was raised by it. she is fine with those that practice their choice of religion as long as they don't xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshove it down her throat.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx9). What is their relationship like with their parents?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxshe doesn't remember/know them.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx10). Where do they see themselves in 5 years?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsettled down on the countryside and the completion to her mission.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx11). What is the first person they notice about someone new?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(I am assuming you meant the first thing they notice about someone new?) it will be how they carry themselves.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx12). What is the pettiest thing they have done?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxsent a screenshot of raunchy one-sided texts and sent them to their family members.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx13). What is the nicest thing they have done?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtook an apprentice to train underneath her supervision.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx14. What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxtreated her not as an equal. while it does bother her, she tries not to display it.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx15). What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxbeing befriended by a village girl that showed her around and taught her many things. she was grateful for it, and it made her feel xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxmuch more welcomed into the community.

angelofwarfare
Red Belt

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:57 pm

xxxx
"she is as beautiful as she is deadly."
xxxx (1,098 w.)
Hidden text.
xxxxShe was as beautiful as she was deadly. A striking resemblance to the raven black arachnid that bears the crimson red and hour-glass shape that is painted onto the abdomen of such a baneful yet refined creation. The spider that descends at an agonizing and slow pacing from her thread of silk with observational bead-like eyes that land on its prey. It has been a lowly fly that has paid no mind to its surroundings. It does not pay a single second to absorb the detailings of the spider's lair. It is because of such a lack in it's studies that the fly is ensnared into the webbing that the spider has created. The tiny legs of the fly struggle against the tightening grip of the webbing with its weakened and frail wings fluttering to desperately distance itself from the spider that draws closer and closer for every second to the battle for its life. The glossy eyes of the fear induced fly frantically searches for the spider, fully knowing that his death was on approach. Soon enough, the fly will catch a glimpse of the perfect predator that has captured it into its webbing. The fly fully acknowledges that no matter how much it desperately tugs at the silken threads that keep it bound and pinned, that there was no means of escape. The fly was entrapped. The looming silhouette of the spider soon comes into view. How beautiful she was of how the shadows of the cold wintry night and the distant streetlight plays with the illuminance to her elegance. How could something that could be seemingly so perfect in its design be also the curator of a nightmare? The fly, a youthful man that was unfortunate enough to have the answers to the questions that the spider desires, finds his back pressed against the uneven brick wall that applies points of pressure into his flesh. His hands are bound together with a seemingly similar threads of a wire that glint silver in the cast of the moonlight. The light clicks of the heels to her shoes are the alarms that blare loudly into his ears.  The fly is frightened when she comes into the natural lighting that is provided by the full moon that is lonesome in the night skies above. Her smooth locks of hair produces a golden sheen of a halo as it tumbles past her shoulders. The sequins to the obsidian dress that she adorns sparkles from the light sourcing provided by the street lamp that is quite a distance away. Her luscious lips are painted red. A temptation for any soul to be invited into the embraces of the carefully swathed woolen coating to a wolf. The fly knows her name. A fool would not her namesake, and to why she has come for them. There is an alluring charm that is produced in the smooth movements that she creates whether it be the subtle tilt of her head or how her delicate fingers winds the remnants to the coiling of the thin wiring around her gloved hand. "What is it that you want from me? What is it that you have came here for?", a breathy whisper pushes from the cracked lips of the fly."Say my name.", the soft and strange response that derives from the spider.

xxxxA few strides from the spider is taken, closing in the distance between the predator and the prey. While the fear is frozen and instilled into this mortal shell of a man, there is also an inquisitiveness as to why the spider has requested this in the first place. A demand to hear thy name of the spider that any soul that has stuck to the casted shadows of the night would know about. They have feared her name. They have grown to fear the intricate threads that are seen throughout the underground of the city, and the ensnaring grip on those that were beneath her. Everybody knew the spider's name. Yet, why does she ask for such a name to be rolled from off of his tongue? His eyes snaps from the left and to the right of the dimly lit alleyway, only for the fearful gaze to land onto the spider. His breath hitches in his throat, as he could feel the beads of sweat trickle down his forehead. His tongue grows heavy in the lining of his mouth, and the saliva has been dried out to produce a discomfort. The fly finds it increasingly difficult to speak. He only had to project a single word into the air of the still night, yet he could not dredge up such strength to formulate an immediate response. His board frame trembles, but not from the chill of the wind. His lips part and then he speaks. "Artamanova.", he pushes the surname of infamy past him. The answer seems to be a satisfactory one. He was not dead yet. She could have ceased his existence rapidly like a low breath of air that expels the tiny flame at a wax candle's wick. "T-they say you are cursed.", he stammers only for him to tear his gaze away from the woman shortly after this has been spoken. They had been only rumors that were sent adrift through the seas of the network. It was a piece of knowledge that he has acquired by overhearing his superior. Had it been true? Was she truly cursed? "It's true.", the spider murmurs softly which slowly causes for the fly to glimpse at her from the corner of his peripheral vision."I live only to die. Again and again. It never ends. The cycle continues.", she adds shortly after with such a dreadful factoid that sends a shiver down his spine. It was true. "You know my name. You know why I have come for you.", the spider murmurs softly with a darkness that bathes in her eyes. It is then that the fly slowly turns his head to face her. His glossy eyes grow wide seeing the threads of smoky and darkened tendrils that waver from her slender frame. He has heard only such darkness that plagues another through the tales of the outskirts. His lungs hungrily drinks the air, as instinct begs for him to scream out for a plead for help. The bubbling of this scream settles in his throat. It never does leave his lips for the fly was seemingly mesmerized and was entrapped in an otherworldly enchantment.

xxxx "Where did he leave the relic?"
Deer
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Afflatus Prompt

Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:36 pm

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
"She's as beautiful as she is deadly"
Starring: Brandon Hawthorne
1,002 words

Everyone has a dark side to them. Some people never discover this dark side because it is never needed to come out. Others get in touch with this dark side way sooner, simply due to things in life happening. I encountered my dark side while serving in the army. Or well, I encountered the start of it there. Upon returning from my deployment I had felt something inside of me change. The blood I had shed during my deployment did not affect me. I never had the traumatic flashbacks. I did not have nightmares. I just had the desire to kill.

Serena had always been an innocent butterfly. Despite her growing up between all the violence around her, she never lost her sparkle. She always tried to see the best in people. Serena opened up her house to my friends whenever it was needed. She has even treated some of the injuries of my friends. People who carried guns and knives. People who could easily hurt her. But her good will always won. She wasn’t afraid. The only thing she was afraid of was the dark.

Darkness had entered her life in multiple ways. The first darkness she encountered was the actual darkness. The night time, the lack of sun. Whenever I went to her house there was always a light on. The second darkness was Steve. He was my boss, and in some way Serena’s as well. Her father had caused for Steve to get her into his grasp and if she feared someone, it was Steve. The third darkness in her life was the murder on her father. The murder I performed. It was just another job, my higher up and best friend had ordered to kill the dick who had conceived Serena. He was abusive to the redhead, and the girl herself failed herself to realize that.

When I saw her again after that, she was terrified. Her emerald orbs emitted the fear. It radiated right through you, and it was easy to feel it in your bones. That was the moment where I saw she had changed. No longer was she a helpless hatchling. She desired to figure out who had murdered her father and set herself free. She wanted to fly. And being the Hawk I am, I took her under my wing.

The months after I got to know Serena in all the possible ways. Seeing as me and Dan were the only friends aware of her situation, she had moved in with us. The girl was terrified of being alone, so we had offered our spare bedroom. I got to know her cheery morning side. I got to know her sleepy Sunday side. Every possible side of the redhead passed by, and I found myself to be intrigued. She wanted to be taught some self defense and so I taught her. We would train for hours and hours on end. We would wrestle together and whenever we were concluding a match and either of us was hovering over the other, I got the time to count the freckles on her face. Each freckle was as unique as she was. Her smile was slowly returning to her, and with time, she got better at her combat.

For the longest time I thought that I was keeping her away from her own inner darkness. I was thinking that she was working through the grief of her father but I was proved wrong. It are always the nicest people who have the darkest sides. She asked me if she could tag along on one of my jobs, and I allowed her. Even if I was concerned for her to get hurt, the girl was stubborn. I liked that side of her. It was supposed to be an interrogation and honestly, I thought that having her see me in action would make her turn her back to this life. But once I had my victim tied down on the chair in front of me, I saw the fury she had deep inside of her unleash. Her methods were effective, yet shocked me. I had never thought she would yield a knife with such ease and would not be afraid to use it. As sickening as it might sound, that was when she took my breath away.

I was able to draw all the freckles on her face, if they were to ever to disappear. Each inch of her facial features were etched into my memory. The red of her hair, the emerald green of her eyes. The pale pinkness of her lips. I had learned to read the emerald orbs, tell her emotions. I was synchronized with her to a level where nobody could make a comparison. I took her with me more often, as I could see the glimmer of life in her eyes whenever we were out. I would hold her back at times so she wouldn’t cross the boundary of where she would become a murderer, as she didn’t need that darkness inside of her. Instead she needed the fire burning inside of her. The passion, the willingness to survive. The joy in wrapping people around her fingers. And that was something she was good at. Serena Jones had me wrapped around her fingers, just like she had with majority of the people she met. It was a gift she possessed. She didn’t even need to try. It was just her character which attracted us. Some would call her a Siren, and that would have been her code name if it hadn’t been for the fact she had been my little birdie.

Her laughter and sincerity were addictive, the glances she could give you a gift. There was no difficulty in getting the information she needed, whether it was by playing nice or having her fiery side surface. Serena Jones was the girl who took my breath away, time after time again. Especially since I realized that she was just as beautiful as she was deadly.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Afflatus - Member Interview

Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:56 pm

1. How did you get into roleplaying?
On CS. I just started with doing some Warriors group roleplays and got into it from there.

2. What was the first character you ever made? Do you still use them?
I actually don't...make characters. At least the human ones I don't. Like I don't sit down and think out an entire person's backstory and throw them into a file. I make them as I go because sometimes things one from work for another. Now whenever I did a Warriors roleplay, I always made a cat named Mooneyes. It was a pure white cat with blue eyes and a black moon shaped crescent over the right eye. Normally was a medicine cat.

3. What is your favorite character you have made so far?
Again...don't really make them. But Xavier has grown so much that I am so happy with how far I've made him.

4. What tip would you give to other role-players?
Don't feel like you need to be constricted and follow rules. Make your own honestly. If you want all of your characters to have sob backgrounds, do it. You want them to have this tattoo because you want it? Then do it!

5. What is the longest running role-play you had?
On CS my longest roleplay was five years (which was honestly the longest I had gone ever). Here on AS, my longest one is with the lovely deer and it is going on four years as well!

6. At what age did you start roleplaying?
Let's see, I would have been a junior in high school. So 17.

7. Were/are you into reading other people's roleplays?
Yes, especially if they are partners of mine or a subject I enjoy.

8. Did you start with a group rp or a 1x1 rp first?
Group first on CS and then 1x1 here on AS.

9. What fandom or genre did you first love to rp?
I love roleplaying fandoms of characters that will never get together (I'm looking at you Bellamy and Clarke). However when there is a good plot, some good old action/gang roleplay is on the top of my list! Otherwise supernatural stuff like angels, demons, vampires...I never get tired of those.

10. Looking back, what was a Mary Sue/Gary Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?
Usually kind and funny. That was always what I gave my girls.

11. What website/forum did you first start roleplaying on?
Chicken Smoothie

12. Have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying?
I believe that they have, especially when I went to college. I found it was easier to sit down and write up an essay with very little to no errors in sentencing.

13. Has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future?
Not really. But I do see myself doing this a lot more!

14. What are your favorite things to roleplay today? Are the same as the past?
Pretty much the same except the fact that I don't roleplay Warriors anymore. I mean I still read the books (because that is just a fun love to look back on) but otherwise it's pretty much the same.

15. Do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older?
Very much so, yes.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:58 am

━━ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪs ᴀɴʏᴍᴏʀᴇ ━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴅᴀʏ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴡᴀʀ ━━
  • How did you get into roleplaying?
    It's difficult to recall something that happened more than five years ago. Like most people on this website, I started out roleplaying and writing on CS and moved to here after an old friend introduced me to the website. I still remember when our community was known as Awesome Sauce; it feels like such a long time has passed but the safe haven I've built on AS hasn't changed much. Honestly, I think the whole concept of role-playing just kind of came to me on CS when I stumbled on the forums and dug around to see what it was. And I liked it enough to try doing it myself.

What was the first character you ever made? Do you still use them?
    I think my very first roleplay on AS got deleted a bit of time ago and I can't remember a lot about my characters from the other website. But I do recall that my first human character was someone named Aaron Hayes and the roleplay itself was centred around him being a famous musician, who got into a relationship with a fan of his. When I look at my character Adrien, I'm 99% certain that the inspiration for him came from that old character of mine. And while the character is mostly changed by now, I still love using his concept and finding new roleplays to put him into.

What is your favourite character you have made so far?
    Anyone who's spoken with me for more than a couple of times knows that Lilith is my most treasured creation and someone I'll love until my last days. I created her as the main character of a series of books that I'm going to write one day in the future and she hasn't grown old on me since. I love her concept and the idea which led to her creation is one I've rarely seen explored in the world of literature; few people follow the villain.

What tip would you give to other role-players?
    Communicate with your partners. Nothing is worse than writing a post you're in love with and later realising it was completely different from what your fellow writers had expected. And even though you should never let people boss you around, communication is key in having fun when it comes to role-playing. I've been blessed with having people who are always ready to yell with me about our stories and I must admit it's the most important thing in keeping roleplays going. When the partner isn't communicating, the muse disappears. And then writing becomes like a chore than fun.

What is the longest running roleplay you had?
    Honestly, there was a couple which had more than fifty pages. My longest roleplay is with a dear friend of mine, Kael, and it's been going on ever since 2015. Of course, it was remade recently because our muse got finicky and we hadn't plotted a lot, but we're doing what we can to make it last even longer. The second longest roleplay is between me and periwinkle. It only became a reality at the end of 2017, but it grew very interesting and beloved during last year. Because of my friend's busy schedule and my own stress, we decided to remake it and give it a new spark and a changed plot.

At what age did you start roleplaying?
    I know that I was a serious roleplayer in 2013 when I first joined AS. Since it was November, I should've been 15 years old. And my first account on CS was made in 2009 when I was 11 years old since I made it in October. Judging from my posts, I wasn't an avid writer until I remade my CS account in 2011. After looking through all of those dates, I can state that my first interest in roleplaying appeared when I was 13 years old.

Were/Are you into reading other people's roleplays?
    Not too often. It solely depends on the plot and how close I am to the writers. I don't mind people coming to me and yelling about their partners or what an interesting idea they have, but I don't usually rush and skim through the whole thread of their roleplay, given that it's usually quite long and detailed. Of course, given my duties as a staff member, I often have to read thoroughly or skim through roleplays to check if the posts are according to the rules and if the thread needs a symbol for its content, etc. That's the one thing in my job that takes up most of my time, haha.

Did you start with a group RP or a 1x1 RP first?
    My second CS account doesn't have any records of my post, so I can't tell. I do recall that I was a part of at least two group roleplays on there and only later started to write with separate people. So, I definitely started with a group roleplay on CS. When I moved to AS, I roleplay with separate people because I was too anxious to find anyone to do a group roleplay with and didn't know how things worked. I like 1x1 roleplays better, anyway.

What fandom or genre did you first love to RP?
    I've always been a fan of fantasy and darker themes. Mental illnesses and horror genres are one of my favourite ones and I doubt they're going to leave my preferences anytime soon. Even when I first began roleplaying on CS as well as AS, most of the topics were centred around vampires and other supernatural creatures, there was romance and heavier themes involved, too. I wasn't a big fandom fan back in the day, but now I tend to explore those tropes if I find anything worth my attention. My interests haven't changed a whole lot and I still love writing about dark and heavy topics.

Looking back, what was a Mary-Sue/Gary-Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?
    I loved my characters to have terrible background stories. Everyone had to be miserable in their life, wronged by people one way or another. I think that was one of the most popular traits I gave to my characters and while it's not the worst thing I could've done, it's surely quite common in the "perfect character". I try not to do that nowadays or give a good enough reason if something bad happens, but I like torturing my own creations a lot.

What website/forum did you first start roleplaying on?
    I began writing on CS somewhere around 2011. It certainly isn't the best website to explore your abilities as a writer, but it was better than nothing. I made a couple of friends on there and some moved to AS with me. Though, I must say that AS is superior to that hell-hole in a lot of ways.

Have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying?
    Roleplaying has given me a lot of good characteristics that I can use in my daily life. Not only had I grown capable of typing on keyboards without actually looking at the keys, constantly writing longer posts and not taking too much time doing that improved my skills in typing quickly and without making a lot of mistakes. It has also somewhat improved my ability to multi-task and while I write slower if I'm listening to a podcast or watching something, things are still happening and there's been quite a bit of improvement ever since I began roleplaying. I'm a rather fast typer now.

Has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future?
    It has given me the goal of becoming a hobbyist writer on the side. If my dream of working with the prosecution becomes a reality, I could only earn money from creative work or doing something in the university and teaching students. Roleplaying has made me believe that I'm capable of doing something that others might appreciate and enjoy. And now my skills need further polishing before I can actually think of creating books or something that can make people see me as a capable writer. Roleplaying has also deepened my interest in psychology and character development.

What are your favourite things to roleplay today? Are they the same as in the past?
    More or less, they haven't changed a whole lot. I still enjoy writing about supernatural creatures and exploring heavier themes, but there's also less romance involved in what I create. Angst is a dominant feature in my writings, along with sadness and tragedy. I've also fallen in love with soulmate plots and know enough to write a couple of books filled with nothing but that. One of the latest tropes that I've discovered to be absolutely marvellous is the Hanahaki disease and all things associated with it. I guess my favourite things to write about haven't changed, but they did expand.

Do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older?
    I'd love to. Given that my years spent in university are halfway-over, I'd love to keep in touch with my friends once I begin working. I want to continue writing and not get rusty over the years, even if it can get difficult because of how little time I'll have the longer I work in the same place and gain better ranks. But I'd hate to abandon roleplaying and the many friends that I've made over the years. Roleplaying is a way to escape reality for me.
important
Global Moderator

member questionnaire

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 pm

• i. how did you get into roleplaying? i honestly don't remember. i know that when i first started role-playing, it was the really basic type, the ones where actions were indicated through asterisks and things like that. i eventually got more confident and moved onto a couple sentences, then a paragraph, and now i'm here
      ii. what was the first character you ever made? do you still use them? petyr! i only use him in the role-play that i have with emily, and he's my baby
      iii. what is your favourite character you have made so far? please don't force me to pick a favourite bc i will cry
      iv. what tip would you give to other role-players? i'd tell other people to listen and help develop. listen to your partner, and help world-build with them. help plot, help plan twists, help keep the ball rolling faster. nobody likes a role-play that dies days after being made. keep the investment in your role-play alive!
      v. what is the longest running role-play you had? my one with emily! 12 nov, 2015 babey!
      vi. at what age did you start roleplaying? i was like? oh god i was a baby child, i think i was eleven? twelve? maybe younger?
      vii. were/are you into reading other people's roleplays? sometimes i do stalk, lmao, yes
      viii. did you start with a group rp or a 1x1 rp first? one on ones first, group rps stress me out and i don't do them anymore
      ix. what fandom or genre did you first love to rp? baby me was into a lot of things but i usually stuck around fantasy/sci-fi type genres. i won't get into my old fandoms bc i used to be trash and that's smthng i am Not Proud Of
      x. looking back, what was a mary sue/gary stu characteristic you often gave to your characters? never did like cliches, so i stayed far away from it.
      xi. what website/forum did you first start roleplaying on? well, technically... through e-mail. but then i moved onto chickensmoothie, got sick of it bc of the poor literacy and literal children, and moved to AS
      xii. have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying? oh definitely. i've improved a shit ton with my english, too. i think i can say with full honesty that role-playing made me fluent in english so i'm a happy man. but w/ typing, i can tell that i type way faster than i ever used to
      xiii. has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future? kind of? i've always loved to write, even before i started role-playing. reading and writing were my #1 things, and i've always wanted to be a writer on the side for my future outlook. in regards to actual career choices, i can't say. i hyperfixate like a motherfucker, and that usually reflects in what i like to rp and what i have in mind for my future, but who can say
      xiv. what are your favourite things to roleplay today? are the same as the past? i love anything that doesn't deal with just a normal world. i adore fantasy of any kind, sci-fi, horror, post-apoc, dystopian, you name it. mostly the same as past me
      xv. do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older? idk what i'd define as "older" but... if i have the time? most likely. i've made some really good friends here and developed so many great stories with them, and i don't wanna leave that any time soon
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Character Interview #1

Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:31 pm

1. What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?
"I was born on July 13 which makes me a Cancer sign. I'm compassionate, nurturing, patient...I didn't really get romantic until with Nate that is. My secret wish is to take care of my friends and family, and to eventually have a family of my own. So yes, I think I fit it nicely."

2. Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.
"Losing my brother and brother-in-law. I'm scared of really dying. Like facing the end even if I'll cover it up with laughter. And finally probably just being alone. I mean...I've been that for awhile."

3. Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.
"I love video games, nice juicy burgers, and spending time with family. I dislike really stuck up and stuffy dates, losing people, and having secrets kept from me."

4. What are their turn ons and turn offs?
"Um...like in a person I want to date? Yeah I think I would...rather not say."

5. What is their ideal first date?
"Honestly so long as me and the other have a fantastic time, I don't care where the date is or what we do."

6. How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?
"Depends on my mood I guess. If I'm gaming, it's reasonable cause I have to hear everything else. If I'm working out or something, very loud."

7. What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?
"Well I have a couple tattoos, so obviously that doesn't bother me. Xavier has a pretty strict drug policy within the gang, although when he wasn't he leader the previous one let us pretty much do whatever we wanted. I mean if you use it in moderation, then I don't have problems with drinking or drugs."

8. What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
"I don't pray or anything like every day. I guess I believe that there is a god, but I don't think I or Darren were really raised on anything specific."

9. What is their relationship like with their parents?
"It was very great. They were so supportive of both myself and Darren when we both came out as gay, or in my case bisexual. I mean they were the perfect parents that anyone would have asked for in this world. Sadly they are...gone. Although I wish they were here to see how happy both of their boys are."

10. Where do they see themselves in 5 years?
"Probably sleeping in bed, with Nate in my arms, and rings around our fingers."

11. What is the first person they notice about someone new?
"Eyes."

12. What is the pettiest thing they have done?
"Um...I'm not really sure. I think I've been pretty good throughout my life."

13. What is the nicest thing they have done?
"I don't like to really classify something I've done as being nice. Although I suppose Nate would say it was nice of me to come to Brad's funeral and go with him occasionally to put flowers on his grave."

14. What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
"You mean other than shooting me and my friends? Not much else really tops them. Gets me really upset and normally ends with the other person dead."

15. What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
"Honestly Nate is the nicest thing to ever happen to me because he brought a deep love with him into my life that I sort of needed."
xxxx
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Character Interview #2

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:56 pm

"Being born on November 3rd, that makes me a Scorpio. My good traits are that I'm protective, loyal, and passionate. My negative traits are that I can sometimes be jealous and secretive. But most of the time the secrets are good things now like a surprise for Serena. Ooh let's look up some keywords for Scorpios. Sexy. Yep that's me."

2. Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.
"I hate snakes. Don't you dare put one near me. The guys like to play pranks on me with them. I also don't care for being really close to explosions. If they are on TV or something then that is fine. But I don't want to be within a ten mile radius of one. Finally my last fear is losing Serena, and now that also includes Melody."

"I love Serena's cooking, I love cats, and I love Star Wars. I dislike liars and cheaters, people who want to hurt my family, and being late for something important."

"Heh, well I actually didn't really know just how much of a turn on it was for me until Serena started to get bigger while she was pregnant with Melody. Maybe it was the fact that she was carrying our child that made her seem sexier in my book. Plus I love it when she is dominate and in her Sparrow mode. That's rare nowadays. We also had some fun on our honeymoon, I remember with wine. That was a pretty big turn on too. But maybe that was because Serena was taking the control. I think I'm turned off by when a girl only wanted me for money. Thankfully that doesn't happen anymore."

"Well I think just some place where we can have a good time, have a nice dinner, maybe watch a show of some sort. Just an overall romantic night is perfect for me."

"Reasonable. I play the piano and I have numerous sound systems installed within my home activated by voice. The one in the nursery is probably my favorite to use."

"Most if not everyone I know has a tattoo, myself included. Piercings aren't a problem for me, but doing go excessive you know? Drinking is alright as well, so long as you are of age. I don't really condone drugs, although I know it isn't uncommon for people to want a night of fun. So as long as again they are of age, there isn't a gigantic problem with it."

8. What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
"Not much religion when it comes to being raised in a gang. I mean I do value a relationship and marriage, children and things like that. So I wasn't really raised with anything specific I guess."

"Parents are long gone. Didn't have a great relationship with them."

"Still right where I am. Rena by my side with our baby girl Melody. Perhaps another young one running around too."

"Probably hair."

"You mean other than really my entire life? In a way it was petty of me to have Serena move in with me when Steve was breathing down her neck only because I wanted her close. I proposed early cause I didn't want to lose her either."

"My clothing company donates all overstocked and out of trend items to homeless shelters and low budget retailers. Plus my prices are very affordable. I normally also donate a good amount of my wealth on a monthly basis to various charities."

"Tried to kill me, tried to kill my family, tried to have everyone turn against me. Let's just say those people are dealt with."

"Rena agreeing to marry me. Honestly that changed my entire life."
xxxx
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deer
Silver Belt

Character Interview

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:00 pm

Darren Herron-Black
xx
“I’m a Virgo. It appears that their strengths are: loyal, analytical, kind, hardworking and practical. And yes, that is definitely me in a nutshell. The weaknesses are shyness, worry, overly critic and all work. Which fit me as well. I do not like to take the spotlight as far as the shyness goes. I’m always worried about flaws in the plan and overly critical. I’m not always all work but Jason needs to pull me out of work in order to play. All with all, I’d say my zodiac suits me pretty well.”

“I am afraid of needles. I don’t know why exactly. Just whenever I look at them they make me feel uneasy. So I’d prefer to stay away from needles as far as possible. Next to that I am afraid of not being able to protect my brother against whatever evil is trying to grasp him. I vowed to myself to protect my brother no matter what ever since our parents were murdered. Last but not least I am afraid of dying. I’m afraid to die and disappoint my family as I will leave them behind.”

“Three things I like are robotics, programming and Greek mythology. Three things I dislike are being away from my husband for too long, people thinking they can hold power over me and seagulls. I hate seagulls.”

“My turn ons are well, being in need of nurturing Jason and helping him back to health. Other than that I always like a sweaty Jason after a workout. Or when Jase cooks my favorite meal, somehow that makes me really, really grateful as well. When things are getting… rough… in the bedroom I’m done. I’m really a vanilla guy and all I need is some teasing of my husband.”

“Nothing too difficult. Just watching some movies or doing something with robotics. Or basketball. My first date with Jason was going to a basketball match and it was perfect.”

“Often when I listen to music I am wearing my headset because I am caught up in my computer anyways. I can’t really remember people growing mad at me for turning up the music.”

“I condone a lot of things. Drinking isn’t much of a problem as long as people are responsible. If I catch someone driving while under influence I will sure as hell beat them up. Especially if it is Matt or Jason because I care too much about them to lose them in such a stupid way. I dislike drugs and want to stay away from that as it can only be destructive in my opinion. Tattoos and piercings are pretty much anyone’s own business. I have a few tattoos myself as well. Honestly, I think everyone I know at least has one tattoo. ”

“People who want to believe are free to believe. But me and Matt weren’t really raised that way.”

“My relationship with my parents was everything a child could wish for. Our parents were always supportive for me and my brother and wanted us to be happy. They had no issues with our sexuality and have always pushed us to be the best versions of ourselves. I think they would be proud of both me as Matt.”

“I don’t think a lot has changed, honestly. Maybe Jason and I will have an adopted kid but I’m not too sure if that is what we already want. I do hope that we have a nice big family and we can have family dinners with Matt and his husband and Raven and her husband. That’d be nice.”'

“I’m an analytical person so I notice the eyes. They are the mirror of a soul and tell me if people are sincere.”

“I’ve hidden for over five years that I have a secret online network. And yes, that is something I shouldn’t have done. I should have told my husband and my brother about it at least, but I was too chicken to do it.”

“I dislike to praise myself in such a way, but I think Jason would say that the nicest thing I did was to agree to marry him. That dork.”

“The meanest thing someone ever did was definitely killing my parents. I’m not entirely sure how it affected me. I ran away, off to college to try and keep my thoughts straight. I would be home in the weekends with my boyfriend and my brother but I was looking for some sort of escapism. Together with this need and desire to find the person who did this. It morphed me into the person I am today.”

"Believe it or not. The nicest thing both Jason and Matt ever did for me was to be there for me no matter what. They have always had my back and without them, I wouldn't be the man I am today. They give me a reason to get up in the morning. They give me a reason to fight, a reason to love. They give me a reason to exist."