AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Six

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

python regius
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Six

Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:45 am

• VICTOR REYNOLDS & ELLIS RIVERA
    • 1. What is their ideal date?
      I'm not sure they really go on dates. Possibly movie nights every once in a while, or if Ellis is in a particularly good mood, any place Vic wants to see or do
      2. Who remembers what the other always orders at a restaurant?
      Ellis, for sure
      3. Who wakes up first?
      Also Ellis probably
      4. Most common argument?
      oh god so many. mostly Ellis trying to get Vic to eat or stop apologizing so much
      5. What does their typical Friday night look like?
      Ellis hiring Vic at a club lmao. after Ellis breaks up with his boyfriend, then he works late Friday nights, so half asleep cuddling ensues after Vic gets a night to himself
      6. Who would wake up from a nightmare, and who would comfort them?
      Ellis will always chase Vic's nightmares, even if he is the nightmare
      7. If they had a kid, what would it inherit from each parent?
      no. just no.
      8. Who makes the bed?
      Ellis. Unless he feels like making Vic do it
      9. Who wears the others jacket?
      The idea of Ellis trying to wear Vic's jacket is comical
      10. What do they do when away from each other?
      for once, Ellis doesn't cheat. probably just drinks. Vic is probably happy to have the apartment to himself
      11. Who would bail the other out of jail?
      Ellis is the more likely of the two to get sent to jail, so Vic is the one that's going to have to bail him out
      12. Who has the most complicated Starbucks order?
      Honestly, probably Ellis
      13. Who is the worst cook?
      I can't imagine either are good cooks, although Ellis can probably manage bar quality burgers
      14. Who apologizes first?
      Well Vic apologizes for everything so
      15. Do they have similar tastes in music?
      No, definitely not
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴏᴛᴘ ǫᴜɪᴢ #1

Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:30 am

• What is their ideal date? I can already imagine how difficult these questions will be, given how peculiar these characters are. I'd like to imagine, that both of them would enjoy something quiet and not too close to anything rowdy. Elijah is quite a nature-oriented person and Griffin doesn't seem to be put off by the beauty of nature, either; even if he doesn't often voice this aloud. I believe they would most prefer to have a simple picnic by a lake or on a cliff.
      Who remembers what the other always orders at a restaurant? Elijah, probably. He has a good memory and likes knowing details about his partner. As for Griffin, he doesn't seem too interested in remembering much if it's not going to be of use to him. There's a low chance he'd recall this insignificance.
      Who wakes up first? This is a tricky question. I'll have to place my bets on Elijah waking up first, solely because he does not need as much rest as humans do, even if their blood has magic in it. Elves are nearly immortal creatures, so I imagine Elijah would make earlier to help Griffin prepare for the day.
      Most common argument? They both have their flaws and I can imagine that Griffin would be fairly displeased with Elijah's self-sacrificial nature. The elf is a quiet person and doesn't want to see anyone suffer if he can help it. But, in spite of his patience, he does not approve of Griffin's presumptuous attitude, especially when he's pushing Elijah away in order to show that he's capable of doing something by himself. Neither of them knows how to trust people.
      What does their typical Friday night look like? It's either spent sharing drinks in a local tavern or going through with their assignments, earning coins.
      Who would wake up from a nightmare, and who would comfort them? Both of them have issues to work through, so I tend to imagine that either of the men can both wake up drenched in sweat and watch over the other until they calm down. Elijah has to live with the memories of his murdered relatives and Griffin isn't invulnerable to bad dreams, either; even if he hasn't gone through too many traumatising experiences. They'd be eager to support each other.
      If they had a kid, what would it inherit from each parent? Oof, that's a difficult one. Though, I already imagine a soft girl with blonde hair and stunning blue eyes that she inherited from both of them. There would definitely be some magic running through her veins, be it inherited from Elijah or Griffin. And she would also know a bit or archery or overall stealth. She would be a troublemaker, but not a malevolent one. This girl would be their perfect mixture.
      Who makes the bed? Elijah does. Griffin is only tidy about either his appearance or the items he needs for his magic. Making the bed isn't in his 'style'.
      Who wears the other's jacket? I doubt either of them would prefer to wear the other's clothing. Elijah is more slender than Griffin, even if he's simply one measly inch taller. The elf prefers his own clothing, which is meticulous and foreign to people different from him. But if their lives were set in one alternate universe, I can imagine Elijah would sometimes borrow Griffin's jacket if it's a particularly cold day; perhaps he doesn't need it, but it comforts him.
      What do they do when away from each other? Nothing too intriguing. Elijah prefers to travel and Griffin is doing mostly what his deceased mentor used to do before passing away; buying ingredients from merchants and conducting his spells. They have a routine going on when apart from each other.
      Who would bail the other out of jail? I feel amused this is even a question. It's an obvious answer that Elijah would do all that he could to bail Griffin out of prison, no matter how expensive or difficult it would be. It doesn't work the other way around just because Elijah would never get thrown in there.
      Who has the most complicated Starbucks order? Griffin. Definitely. He wouldn't even be ashamed of taking up the line for a few minutes to say it.
      Who is the worst cook? I'd like to believe Griffin would be more used to eating a prepared meal in a tavern instead of cooking for himself. Elijah is an old wayfarer and has plenty of experience dealing with his hunger while away from any civilisation; perhaps his meals aren't exquisite, but they're filling.
      Who apologizes first? Elijah does. He doesn't like fighting and wants to keep everyone happy in his presence. He'll apologise even if he wasn't at fault.
      Do they have similar tastes in music? I'd like to think so. They are both fond of folksongs and love to listen to smooth music instead of drunken babbling, hence music without any lyrics would be appealing to them. Otherwise, they have a few differences when it comes to music with Griffin being the 'rowdier' of the two. Elijah likes calm sounds that stem from nature and dislikes loud or sudden noises due to his sensitive ears, so drums don't truly appeal to him.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴏᴛᴘ ǫᴜɪᴢ #2

Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:46 pm

• What is their ideal date? Both of them are known as rather serene, sheepish people. Noah is reserved and doesn't like feeling surrounded by large crowds, while Rowan is generally on the more withdrawn side. I imagine they would appreciate going for a jubilant date in a café and then going for a walk through a nearby park where there isn't a lot of people to disturb them. They seem like the kind of lovers who would go to museums or aquariums and not do things which are flashy or unusually luxurious. I think their ideal date would be visiting a zoo and then having coffee in a tiny bakery or something like that.
      Who remembers what the other always orders at a restaurant? I guess, that both of them could remember that bit of information about the other. Noah likes to please people and I imagine Rowan would like not to make a fool out of himself, hence he would remember fragments of what his lover likes.
      Who wakes up first? Noah does, probably. He's an early bird and doesn't like wasting time in bed unless he's sick. Also, given, that he's older than Rowan, I think he'd be the one who goes to bed earlier unless there is some business to take care of. No, he leaves the lazying around for his lovely boyfriend.
      Most common argument? Hm, could be about Noah pampering Rowan to some bizarre extents. He wants his boyfriend to enjoy his life without having to take care of his siblings on a daily basis. And having grown up in a rather conservative village, Noah sometimes doesn't shy away from treating Rowan like a child. It's not something he wants to do but his upbringing can slip through the cracks. I think they could argue about Noah not treating him as an adult, in spite of all the things he had done to provide for his siblings. And Noah himself might sometimes be upset with Rowan's quaint, self-sacrificial nature.
      What does their typical Friday night look like? Lazying around and doing nothing after a week of hard work. Possibly consuming lots of alcohol, too.
      Who would wake up from a nightmare, and who would comfort them? Noah, surely. While I imagine that Rowan could also provide a bit of comfort if Noah woke up drenched in sweat and trembling, but I associate this more with the professor. His career is focused on taking care of people or being certain, that they feel comfortable and heard; while Rowan did take care of his siblings, I feel that it's a bit different to comfort adults. Noah just fits a lot better.
      If they had a kid, what would it inherit from each parent? They'd probably inherit horrible anxiety from both parents. Dark hair and, most likely, brown eyes from Rowan's side of the family because of stronger genetics. Their child would be quiet, polite, and rather selfless, when compared to other kids their age. I'm not sure if they would be more affiliated with sports or literature, but I'd like to imagine that the child would be a clever one. Also very kind.
      Who makes the bed? I think neither would be unusually fussy about keeping the bed tidy. Maybe only if they have guests over. Otherwise, it's messy.
      Who wears the other's jacket? Rowan would have to do that. Noah is just a bit taller and bulkier than his lover, so his jackets are more comfy to wear.
      What do they do when away from each other? Nothing too intriguing, I suppose. Noah spends most of his day teaching and providing consultations for a lot of his students, while Rowan words hard in order to continue supporting his family. It's a very monotone life for both of them, honestly. A big routine.
      Who would bail the other out of jail? Well, if their funds allowed to, I guess both of them would be more than eager to bail the other out of prison. I don't think that either of them would be very happy about finding out their significant other is stuck in jail for petty crimes. Both would be prepared to bail.
      Who has the most complicated Starbucks order? I'm going completely blind into this question, but, given that Rowan is the younger of the couple and that tea is more appealing to Noah, I kind of imagine that Rowan would ask for more unusual additions to his coffee if they ever went to go to Starbucks.
      Who is the worst cook? Noah, probably. Rowan grew up in a situation where he needed to learn how to cook and I believe that makes him the better cook. Noah knows how to prepare basic meals and keep himself fed, but it's not something he enjoys doing. That's why he doesn't bother to learn new recipes.
      Who apologizes first? Both of them, haha. Whenever an argument starts, they'll quarrel for a little bit and then apologise nearly at the very same time.
      Do they have similar tastes in music? I'd say so? Noah is a fan of rock and metal, but he's also quite fond of classical and video game soundtracks, while Rowan doesn't' seem like a person who would spend his day listening solely to pop or odd songs that are favourites nowadays. I think that he'd also be a bit fonder of older music instead of whatever stupidity is played on the radio today. But I think they'd also have more differences than similarities, really.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: AS Afflatus: member interview

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:40 pm

1. If you were an Animal Crossing character, who would you be?
I have no idea but I tend to relate to characters like butch and Avery too much.

2. What's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you?
Ah nothing that's supposed to stick honestly one of my teachers (had him for two different science classes and I don't remember which this came up in) had taught a famous vocalist at the time and recalled how he had voted her out of st Pat's musical that year because she couldn't sing and probably still swears her career was faked. She does have a unique voice.

3. Does your computer / laptop have stickers? If so, what are they?
Nah, lazy and I would just pick at them anyway.

4. What's a lesson you have learned from traveling?
Dont make a wrong turn looking for the bronx zoo.

5. Give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time.
Ask questions?

6. Write five words that come to mind when you think of: "We could have made it"
• appear
• out
• there
• right
• here

7. Have you ever tried sports? If so, which sports? Do you still play?
I tried out for high school basketball. I did not make the team and I don't really play but I dont have east aces to a net or court either. I kinda like tennis and squash but same problem. I also used to participate in martial arts but when you have issues with telling left and right performing kata is difficult to say the least. So I don't anymore. I still love to swim but never competivly so not sure it counts as a sport. I also rarely get to go but lakes are free and not miserably far away. I just work too much and live with a hydraphobic.

8. What was your first pet?
A gold fish. But later a dog then a few cats as well as more fish. Right now though I have none. Not even fish.

9. What is your dream vacation?
At the moment any. Let me leave the house for a destination other than work or shopping!

10. What are your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies?
I hang out here for rps and maybe a little writing too that's about it. The aforementioned hydraphobic encouraged me to try out rping and then it stuck.

11. What is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself?

Y'all got this and don't need me. I'm a sheltered loser.

12. What is a fact that not a lot of people know about you?
Y'all seem to forget I'm old but um.. I cant drink normal cola without getting headaches? I've mentioned it before but I doubt anyone remembers it if they even bothered to read it in the first place.

13. What was the career that you wanted as a child? What is the career you are interested now?

Like many animal lovers I wanted to be a vet when I was young, before that i wanted to be in a motorcycle gang. Since I'm not a criminal and I'm not good at maths i work in food. But i might try a small business in the future possibly convert my home into a animal based business?

14. If you could make ANYTHING happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do?
Renovate .. no rebuild from the ground up everything on my lot.

15. What is something you wish you were better at?
Life.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: AS Afflatus: prompt “Is this how you play the game?”

Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm

“Is this how you play the game?” Warnings: omegaverse short based on characters in a on going rp
I know there are some who can't stand omegavers anything but the rest is very safe.

Cody watched the kids at the daycare after dropping off the twins host boyfriend and brother had jointly adopted before he had started dating him. One of the regulars at the café he still worked at was a teacher here. Well early childhood education expert or so said her title. Cody was happy she loved her work so much. She was clearly a natural with children. Something he wasn't sure he was despite what Niko and all of society told him. He'd only just started dating Niko properly and was nervous with his next heat approaching soon. Niko seemed sweet and understanding but he was still a alpha. An alpha who was clearly big on having a family given the adoption of the abandoned twins he and Luka had found last year. Would he still be understanding that Cody didn't want to risk it just yet? He was still managing school and two jobs while working on getting more of his shorts published and keeping his small following on both his blog and his reddit. He wondered if Niko would even support the idea of him wanting to write professionally. He'd been working so hard for that goal and had been paying off his school almost compleetly as he had been going. Only owing a few thousand dollars right now and figuring when he finished his remainibgvcourses next year he could pay off everything on another year if he kept working two jobs.

He ducked in another deep breath and went back to focusing on the kids at the daycare one boy had a dolly and was trying to play tea party with two girls who were less interested so he was describing how to play to the girls one was at least politely listning and trying to make the boy happy. "I see." He could hear her saying while she brought the green plastic cup up to her plush beard muzzle. " that's how we play? How do we feed them snacks then? Is it the same?" Cody watched as the little boy lit up nodding before drumming off to get some of the fake food for their tea party. Cody giggled. Maybe this won't be so bad? Niko and the twins can help me learn how to play this new game too. Getting pregnant might not be in my plan right now but it might not be so bad either if and when it happens.

"penny for your thoughts?" the sweet voice of the female omega teacher interrupting his thoughts. "Toubstartled me, nothing deep or worth sharing I promise. Just remembering what it's like to have to learn a new game. One I didn't think I would like only to be very glad I did stop and listen to that persistent voice asking me to play. I would never have gotten this far if I hadn't listened to those voices or if i had given up and lived the stereotype I was expected to. We were expected to. Thanks for letting me stay around and observe for a bit Tempestra. It was more helpful than I can properly explain."
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:11 pm

• Imagexx
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; none | tags;; implied death by burning alive | word count;; 173
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
        • xxxxxThere was an old legend few dared to speak about. Wrapped under a darkened veil of superstition and folklore, it was nothing more than an old wive's tale. And yet, it lingered in the minds of people, nipping at their belief. It didn't concern their lives, but it was still frightening. An elderly story about how unusual people could save themselves from death by losing the skin on their bodies and rising into the skies covered in feathers of birds. For witches had always been peculiar creatures; a being more feared than loved and destined for extinction. They were put on stakes and burned alive; not many escaped the flames with their lives intact. Many remained chained, boils rising on their pale skin as the fires destroyed everything. But in the end, some managed to flee, shifting into majestic birds as smoke would engulf their bodies, flying away from the crowd with malice reflected in its eyes. This was a death of its own right, for these women could never turn back. Never.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:51 pm

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    mentions;; lilith, olivia | tags;; asphyxiation, blood, descriptive death | word count;; 1,012

Grey eyes peered at the unconscious woman in front of her, an impish smile pulling at the corners of her lips as she traced her fingers along her erratic victim's neck, chuckling softly once a strained groan escaped the other's lips. There was something exciting about witnessing the bitterness of people, especially, when she could be named as its main cause. A distant laugh escaped her throat as the silver-haired maiden leaned forward, pressing a soft kiss against the other's forehead and then watching as the blonde came to with a start, her frightened blue eyes immediately drifting to look at the one straddling her with a devilish grin evident on the youth's face. Neither of them spoke as the pair of women shared a long, fairly emotional gaze.

And then, she began uttering words that meant very little. They fell on deaf ears as she focused on everything but the questions and insults directed at her, silver eyes following the movement of her victim's lips but understanding little. She was no oaf yet her senses failed to catch much of anything the blonde had whispered in the heat of passion. Only the last couple of sentences were audible to her distracted mind as she chose to look at her.

"Is this how your game is played?" The elf's voice was raspy and strained, reminding her of death. "Play with your victims until they die of tedium?"

She laughed at the inquiry, choosing not to answer. In the end, there was no reply from the grey-haired maiden, as she leaned forward, pressing her lips to the other woman's temple in a rather poor attempt to soothe her fury. As expected, it didn't work and she was left with an enraged stare following all of her movements. And that was it; there was little else the youth could do apart from spouting those insults and cursing her kidnapper. Her wrists had been twisted and bound together with an enchanted rope that no one apart from its rightful owner could break. Both of her ankles were injured, as well as most of her limbs were covered in scratches and bruises, functioning as even more proof that she could do nothing to the youth sitting on her.

Elegantly, her bony fingers slid down to pinch at the blonde's cheeks, squeezing her face between the kidnapper's thumb and forefinger with a smile on her lips. She didn't speak or provide any explanation, choosing to lazily reveal her intention by tapping her fingernails against the curve of that woman's neck; it wasn't difficult to understand the message and it carried a dynamic meaning. As the blonde's eyes widened in fright, she had little time to react before the other's hands secured themselves around her neck. Manicured nails clawed at her wrists as the girl uselessly attempted to struggle against her steely grip, doing everything she could in order to survive until help arrived. But there was no one to save her from this ruthless, perverse game.

The other woman's eyes quickly grew cloudy and reddish, vessels bursting, as her face slowly grew ashen, strained coughs escaping the girl's chapped lips. She yearned for nothing more than to kick the white-haired youth away and rub the soreness away from her throat. But, all that she was able to do was sink her nails into the pale blue wrists hovering around her neck, as the pressure on her windpipe increased, a dull laugh echoing from somewhere above her. There was a glimmer of fear evident in her blue eyes as she began praying, realising, that nothing could formulate a big enough of a miracle to save her from a, most likely, inevitable death. In an instant, her whole life flashed in front of the youth's eyes, a panicked expression glued to her face as the edge of her vision grew dimmer and hot blood trickled down her chin. The end was moving near and she knew that there was no way of evading it. Not after she was stripped of her weapons and left completely helpless. One way or another, she would meet her end tonight. She wasn't ready.

"No," as her consciousness was already hovering over an endless chasm of nothingness, she heard the effete words above her, forcing to look at those gleeful eyes of her kidnapper. There was no other that could be as merciless as the other elf. "Your life is a game to me. Only I decide when it ends."

Her strength increased and with a quiet curse falling from her lips, the blonde-haired woman let out her last breath, her eyes growing numb and lifeless as she fell back onto the grass, completely unresponsive. Only then did the silver-haired woman lean back, peering at the scene of her crimes, in hopes of receiving an even larger wave of pleasure wash over her. But nothing like that came; taking away the lives of others had become something close to an upsetting chore, that she thought of as a simple duty, dictated to her by their group's leader. And yet, finally getting her revenge against her enemies felt good. Life was a complete and utter mess, but, at least she was making someone proud of them. And, with such thoughts still present in her mind, the youth stood up and turned away from the corpse. There would come a day and a time when she would feel remorse. But not today.

Olivia had been an old rival, that had vowed to make her life nightmarish. And, she had delivered on that promise, erasing everything, that the grey-eyed woman held dear. With a dull chuckle escaping her throat, this youth moved forward and walked deeper into the meadow, completely ignorant towards the sounds of incoming cavalry. They would never get to the scene in time, for the game had already been finished, and no one, but she knew, about its rules. And now, no one could ever find out what had happened in the meadow. With a laugh, she slipped between the trees, disappearing from sight.
breadstick
White Belt
House: Amaranthine

otp interview #2: robin x blaise

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:28 am

• OTP INTERVIEW: ROBIN & BLAISE
    ━ a tailor and a librarian struggling through life together in a remote area of colorado.
    blaise is my friend alexus’ character, so although i got permission to write this for the both of them, blaise 100% belongs to her.

1. What is their ideal date?
    ━ the both of them prefer quieter scenes in general, but they're a generally really cheesy couple, so something completely cliche would be enough. if the money was there, they would likely go on a week-long road trip with one another around various scenic areas. blaise enjoys being around nature in general, and robin just wants to see blaise happy; so he's willing to do anything he is. it's not uncommon for them to go to italy, to robin's origins, and for robin to show him where he grew up and where he used to go with his family when he was younger, before he moved to america with his brother. blaise enjoys seeing where robin grew up before everything went to shit, and he knows returning there makes him happy, so it's a win-win for the both of them, honestly.
    2. Who remembers what the other always orders at a restaurant?
    ━ they're probably both good at remembering it, to be honest. neither of them have shabby memories, but it's hard to say who really would, to be honest. blaise is the more sentimental of the two, though - so i would say him, in that case.
    3. Who wakes up first?
    ━ blaise, always. he enjoys watching the sun rise in the mornings and will often venture out of their house at ungodly hours of the morning to go and watch it rise. robin loves his sleep, so doesn't tend to skip out on it just for the sake of natural phenomena. having said that, however, there are occasions where robin is required to stay up all night to finish something he's working on, so in those instances he would likely venture out with blaise to watch it with him - it's a rare occurrence, but one the both of them appreciate immensely when it happens.
    4. Most common argument?
    ━ well, put it this way: it's usually centred around robin. although he isn't exactly a martyr, he had a self-sacrificial element to him, regardless of which context it resides in. originally, he would constantly try to give himself up to the authorities for his crimes, even after he has a means of escape. of course, that would essentially mean condemning himself to death, and that's the sort of thing that would destroy blaise entirely. if not in that darker universe, it's probably in a different sense. most likely, with robin overworking himself too much and forgetting basic self care because of it. he's a busy lad, but every time blaise brings it up and how it isn't healthy, he likely goes on the defensive - especially if he hasn't slept well.
    5. What does their typical Friday night look like?
    ━ typically, blaise would come home from work, and be greeted by robin somewhere around in his sewing room. the two of them talk about their days while robin sews, and they likely stay like that until one of them gets hungry. at that point, they make something to eat (probably something italian, knowing robin) - blaise likes eating outside, so the both of them just go and sit on the grass outside somewhere to eat and watch the sun set. blaise would then go for a walk in the dusk, down the scenic routes surrounding their home - and, depending on how long robin's been awake for, he would join his boyfriend, or go to sleep. if they end up walking together, though, the two of them would talk and joke around and maybe try racing one another back to their house. after that, robin would likely collapse into bed without a second thought, whereas blaise would stay up until three in the morning reading beside him.
    6. Who would wake up from a nightmare, and who would comfort them?
    ━ robin's usually a deep sleeper, so it likely wouldn't be him woken by either blaise or a nightmare all too easily - but he is likely the one to be awoken by a nightmare. both of them share similar experiences and know how to deal with them accordingly, but blaise has a more comforting air about him than robin does and thus would likely be able to calm him down with ease.
    7. If they had a kid, what would it inherit from each parent?
    ━ although they likely wouldn't have a kid, i think they would inherit blaise's patience and appreciation for tranquility, and robin's burning passion for something and let nothing stop him from doing what he wants to do.
    8. Who makes the bed?
    ━ i somehow think they take turns - it's a case of whoever's the last out of bed, and while that's usually robin, blaise often takes naps in the middle of the day due to his completely fucked sleep schedule. i think sometimes robin wonders what's the point, considering blaise messes it up later anyway, but he's willing to do it for the sake of blaise having somewhere nice to sleep instead of wrinkled sheets. he cares for his boyfriend in the smallest of ways, really.
    9. Who wears the others jacket?
    ━ the both of their styles are completely different from one another, with blaise wearing striped sweaters and shorts, and robin wearing floral button-up shirts and plain shorts most of the time, but robin is likely the one to steal blaise's jacket. he's comparibly shorter than blaise, and somewhat likes oversized clothes sometimes - so blaise's clothes suit him just fine.
    10. What do they do when away from each other?
    ━ well, robin does what he would usually do, even if blaise was there - and sews. it's relaxing to him in many ways, and he's usually a busy man, one way or another. if he's particularly missing blaise, he will make time to make him something instead of working on things for paying customers as a way of letting himself get through that time without him. it's not usually that hard, but depending on the circumstances, it can be more painful some days than others to be away from him - so knowing that he's putting his time to good use and making something he knows blaise will appreciate makes him feel even slightly better about it all.
    ━ blaise would spend his time reading or hiking. he's generally a very calm person, and prefers activities that reflect that, but he prefers to do them with robin all the same - whether it be he and robin reading together, him just leaning against him while reading, or the two of them going on walks together in the middle of nowhere and talking - it's not often the two of them are separated, but he would try to maintain all those things he loves nonetheless.
    11. Who would bail the other out of jail?
    ━ although this hasn't quite happened, it has the potential to - and it would definitely be robin in jail, and blaise bailing him out. considering blaise is a passive person who has not a single violent bone in his body and refrains from illegal activities as though it's the plague, he would be opposed to any idea of actually committing something against the law unless he was forced to. robin, on the other hand, has actively done such a thing. if he were to ever to be caught, he likely wouldn't resist; but blaise wouldn't be having any of his bullshit and would bail him out without question, because he'll be damned if he's letting his idiot boyfriend be self-sacrificial to his own detriment again.
    12. Who has the most complicated Starbucks order?
    ━ robin, probably. blaise enjoys the more simple things in life, and relies on a simple coffee each day to keep him going through the day; while robin doesn't mind coffee, he probably likes it relatively specific regardless of whether it even tastes like coffee anymore. he knows what he likes, and he wants it.
    13. Who is the worst cook?
    ━ robin. you'd think, stereotypically, since he's italian, he'd be good at cooking - but that's merely not the case. he was never really allowed to cook when he was younger and his brother prevented him from learning to do things for himself when he moved in with him, so he's never really learned - and although he tries, he never really gets the hang of it. blaise, on the other hand, is relatively decent - he does what he can, and to be honest, robin loves italian food - he just can't cook it - so blaise takes it upon himself to learn that for him and make it for him.
    14. Who apologizes first?
    ━ when they fight, it's only a matter of time before one of them apologises, but it's usually blaise to make the first move. robin's likely to stew in his emotions for longer, but blaise likes to act upon the guilt and anxiety surrounding it and verbally apologise. he's a pacifist, and doesn't like conflict in any shape or form, so when he and robin argue he wouldn't want the two of them to have a rift driven between them at all. communication's important to him, so by making the first move, he usually breaks down the hesitance robin might have and they talk it through. the tailor's more stubborn, either way - not that he doesn't want to apologise, but he's built up a mindset of never apologising for his damn actions after what he's endured, so when he sees blaise doing so, it's almost like a prompt to tell him that it's okay to do so.
    15. Do they have similar tastes in music?
    ━ not exactly. blaise likes quiet stuff he can zone out to, and robin likes some good rock stuff. robin doesn't mind it, but it's not the stuff he's really into, and blaise doesn't exactly love loud things - so they're relatively far apart in that aspect.
memory.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

↪ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴɴᴀɪʀᴇ

Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:11 am

• 1. If you were an Animal Crossing character, who would you be?
    I don't know much about Animal Crossing at all, I'm sorry.
    2. What's one thing from any science class that you've ever had that has stuck with you?
    I'm sorry, but I really can't think of anything.
    3. Does your computer / laptop have stickers? If so, what are they?
    This one does not, but I did used to have stickers one of my old laptops. I don't really remember what they used to be of, but I do remember one of them being a star.
    4. What's a lesson you have learned from traveling?
    Don't get annoyed when people constantly ask if the medicine is packed, because in the rush of things the medicine might have been forgotten.
    5. Give one piece of advice for someone entering college for the first time.
    Don't try to pack your schedule so that you only have to go on Tuesdays and Thursdays/Mondays and Wednesdays. And if you do, don't try to fill it up with the maximum amount of units. It might suck.
    6. Write five words that come to mind when you think of: "We could have made it"
    But you did not care.
    7. Have you ever tried sports? If so, which sports? Do you still play?
    Yes; I did swim, bowling, and tennis. Others I've tried were soccer, ping pong, and karate. The first three were what spoke to me, and they were what I stuck with ever sine I was a child. Karate was fun, though I missed one lesson and my parents thought I didn't want to be in it anymore. Ping Pong was something my dad, my brother, and one of my cousins played. Soccer was a kind of 'self-discovery' thing. Right now the main sport I'm into is called cornhole, which is kind of like a bean bag toss. In the future I might get back into bowling (I had to stop because I broke my foot), archery, and ice-skating. Roller blading is also something that would be fun to get back into. O h, and I was also into Golf, and I'm kind of on and off with it.
    8. What was your first pet?
    I can't remember, because my mom has always had pets. I guess my very first pet, that I can easily recall, was an orange tabby that we named Orange. Though, the first pet that was technically mine was a little black and white chihuahua that I named Uno. I picked him out of a box that had six other puppies in it, and from then on he became my best friend.
    9. What is your dream vacation?
    Japan. There are other places I want to go to, of course, but Japan is definitely on the top of that list in bold lettering. Otherwise, my dream vacation will be traveling all over the world with my best friend.
    10. What are your hobbies? What got you into these hobbies?
    There are many hobbies that I have, though most of them include being alone and relaxed. Writing is definitely one of them, and as a child I wanted to be an author. I never used to be passionate about it, and even now my passion for it has probably died down a lot, but I had this one teacher who said 'write what makes sense to you', and so I just took that and ran. Bowling is definitely a hobby that I got thrown into at a young age, and that stuck with me because it's an easy game to pick up. I like learning about mental health and the psychology of things and people. I'm not really sure what got me into it, it was just something I've been drawn to. Ghost hunting would definitely be on the list if I had the right equipment. There are others, but that's just what comes to mind at the moment.
    11. What is an important life lesson that you have learned that you would share to someone much younger than yourself?
    I'm not sure if I'm the best person to take advice from.
    12. What is a fact that not a lot of people know about you?
    I have a basketball game tomorrow.
    13. What was the career that you wanted as a child? What is the career you are interested now?
    Ohgosh when I was really young I wanted to sell ice cream. I went from that to wanting to be an author, and now I still want to be an author.
    14. If you could make ANYTHING happen right now with no cost, trouble, or obstacles, what would you do?
    Travel the world with my best friend
    15. What is something you wish you were better at?
    Life
morningstar
Archivist
House: Vipera

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Six

Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Any post/submission made after this will not count towards points. Make sure to participate in the September issue!