AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty-Seven

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Issue Twenty-Seven: character interview: Tempestra

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:16 am

1. What is their favourite household chore? Their least favourite?

She loves a tidy house and is very obsessed with keeping her sinks, tub/shower and toilet
She might not love cleaning them but she is happiest when they are sparkly clean. Laundry and dishes are probably her least favorite as she also has to do them at work and her laundry consists of alot of bright coloured clothing items.

2. Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships?

Whould submit to the theory of one true love but not rush into marrying g the first that might fit that description as she watched her mother in a bad relationship for years before finding her best match years later.

3. What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk?

I think she might just have too much coffee I her system to get all the way to drunk. Likly of ot calmed her down enough she'd just fall asleep.

4. Do they have any interests that could be considered "childish"?

She hums and sings children's music in public but you could say it's a occupational hazard.

5. Do they put more weight in science or in faith?

Faith, her early life was very faith based.

6. What is the dominant/most common colour in their wardrobe?

If rainbow doesn't count then probably purple.

7. Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible?

A couple from minor childhood scrapes and adventures she us neither proud nor embarrassed about them and may have used one or two in cautionary tales to her young charges. As in that is why you shouldn't play around with sharp objects/use knives with out parental consent or help from a adult depending on the child and situation etc. Mostly she can't remember the exact origin stories of her scars.

8. Do they believe in fate/destiny?

Yes, it fits with the faith based life she was raised in.

9. What would they dress up as for Halloween?

Maybe a magicians rabbit in a hat? Its child friendly enough.

10. What would they want to be their last meal?

Anything but carrot cake. She likes it but hates when people assume she does.

11. What is their definition of a good life?

Coffee.

12. What's one of their small quirks?

Other than drinking a bunch of coffee? She would go out of her way to do a good deed for a stranger if she felt that person needed it. And has done some crazy things to prove it.

13. What kind of handwriting do they have?

Her printing is neat but her handwriting is very not!

14. If they were an animal crossing character, which would they be? 

One of the cute bunnies, but coffee would be her favorite fruit.. or coconut since coffee is not a option.

15. If your character was a fruit smoothie, what would it taste like?

Strawberry mocca because it would have both sweetness and coffee.
Deer
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Member interview

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:08 pm

1. What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange?
I’ve asked around and these are the things I have heard:
- The many bicycles around our country. We even have ‘bicycle flats’ at big stations which are basically big parking lots for bicycles.
- Hagelslag. Which are chocolate sprinkles we eat on bread for breakfast / lunch. It’s delicious!
- Ecobridges. We have bridges over the highways but they are blended in with nature so that wildlife can cross safely.

2. If you could only say one more sentence before going mute forever, what would you say and who would you say it to?
Ohh that is definitely a hard one. I would probably say my last sentence to a camera and make it really long with a lot of commas to let everyone know that I love them. Just so my last words are never lost and can always be watched whenever people feel like it. Idk, like, I think it would be a thing of the moment.

3. What’s something you like to treat yourself to after a long, stressful, and exhausting day?
I like to sit down and boot up my Netflix, just to watch some shows. Next to that I can totally treat myself with some iced coffee, I love that. Sometimes I just walk with my dog, but mainly I chat with Jazzy, Maya, Kami and my boyfriend to just have a laugh.

4. What’s the very first thing you do after waking up?
I turn off my alarm cx After that I check my phone and then head out to work.

5. What’s something you used to hate, but now love?
I used to hate coffee, but now I definitely love it. I have been upping my game over the years so that is good cx Can’t live without coffee.

6. What’s something you used to love, but now hate?
I used to love swimming in the Dutch sea. Nowadays I dislike it, because it is always full of jellyfish, so I rather not go in there.

7. Describe yourself in three words.

Nerd. Dork. Trying.

I’m a bit of a ‘nerd’ due to my software background. It’s probably the best word to describe that part of my life. Next to that I am a dork since I can be quite silly. Last but not least I am just trying. Trying to learn, trying to improve myself. Trying to become a better version of myself.

8. What's an unpopular opinion that you have?
Roy Harper is the best DC character.

9. What is your proudest moment?
My proudest moment was when my current job offered me a contract after I had been a trainee for a year. It’s so nice to know that people think you delivered good work and they want to keep you. I have been beaming with pride for a long time.

10. What did you do over the summer?
I went for two weeks to Bulgaria! Next to that, I just worked full time. Summers are getting shorter when you become an adult, unfortunately.

11. What is something that you learned last month?
I learned bitshifting at work! Which is a bit of a nerd thing but it was really helpful!

12. Looking at both your friends and romantic partners, would you say you have a “type”? What is it?
Hmm, well I certainly surround myself with loyal friends. Once that don’t give up easily and understand that life sometimes gets busy. Trust is something I definitely need in a relationship and/or friendship.

13.Which websites do you check daily?
The local news website, AS, my mail. StackOverflow cx

14. What’s the youngest age you’ve been mistaken for? Oldest? How do you feel about this?
The youngest age I have been mistaken for was probably 16 when I was around 20. I was trying to buy some scratching cards and the woman behind the counter didn’t even want to card me. She was just like “Sorry, sweetheart. We are not allowed to sell scratching tickets to people below 18.”
And then I just replied casually: “Good thing I’m 20 then.”
The red on her cheeks was so amusing! The oldest people have estimated me is around 24 I think? But that is mainly since I have a full-time job at quite a young age and people do not expect me to be 20/21/22.

15. Looking back on your past self, how much would you agree with the opinions you used to have?
Hmm, there are still some opinions I still hold. Like my dislike of drugs and cigarettes etc. My view on the ‘real’ world has shifted a bit, but overall I think most of my opinions are still the same.

Hi, I am Deer! I am an overseer on AS. Feel free to reach out to
me if you are experiencing any issues on the board. I love coding
and spend a fair share of my life doing it. Other than that, I am a
big fan of Arrowverse, and always open to chat about anything of it!

==================================================
BooSisPotato 100 DoS
==================================================
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Jazzy: EA [x] FtC [x] GaL [x] HL [x] SF [x] SH [x] TBN [x] || pirate [x] || maya [] || kami [x] || vintage [+]
important
Global Moderator

afflatus prompt: when it rains

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:12 am

tags: uhh idk what this is?? it's late & it's sad man hours words: 252
spacing
Life, it seems, is a nonstop thing. Don't hold your breath, they always told you, this will be gone before you know it. When you're a child, your world bathed in rose-tinged innocence, time felt as though it would only stop for you. It was slow. Too slow, almost. Then you grow up, and look back, and ask yourself, where did all that time go? Do you even remember half of it? No. Wasted years, all dishevelled memories that dredge themselves up from the murk from time to time. Life moves too fast, now. Far too fast to allow you a chance to grip onto the side rails, to just hang on. You're forced into a world that you were never taught how to live in, and are expected to do just fine. Are you? Are you fine? Are you doing well for yourself? Think again. No, don't think. You don't have the time. Each breath is wasted on petty things -- squabbles, disagreements, disappointment, unfulfillment. And all for what? Some half-assed mark of the year to say, look! I survived it! Did you? Sure, you're alive, having dragged yourself to an end goal marked in the dirt by those before you, but surely, surely, surely there is something more. Isn't there? There is. Right? Each year proves worst than the last. You tell yourself it will get better, but you see the world crumbling around you more and more with each passing day. Because when it rains, you better be fucking ready.
morningstar
Archivist
House: Vipera

Abuse of Anonymity

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:23 am

x
    • Hello Scribers,
      Everyone, please read the following. It really should go without saying, but unfortunately has occurred multiple times now. We understand that the Afflatus submittal form allows members to contribute material, questions, and ideas to the Afflatus anonymously, however we designed that set up to benefit members and allow people to more comfortably share constructive suggestions and ask questions. It should absolutely not be abused. Unfortunately however, there have been multiple incidents of a single user submitting an inappropriate number of prompts that are absurd and unusable. We understand if you have more than just the one idea, but dumping as many as dozens of prompts is not acceptable. It is not fair to others, it is not honorable to your house, and it is not okay here on AS. In this most recent case, we will not be sharing the ideas and we will not be awarding points. Please note that even if it wasn't clearly a mass dump of prompts by a single user, the suggestions in this case were not usable material for our purposes. If such issues continue, members risk having the anonymity feature revoked.
      Thank you for your attention, have a wonderful day.
Image + harvey + gryffindor + ao3 + character thread + expanding universes +

merrily, merrily shall i live now

i'm always down to talk so message me by PM or let me know if you want my discord :)
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:13 pm

──────────────────────────────────────
    Based on this lovely roleplay between me and the amazing mina

"Victory belongs to the most persevering." -- Napoleon Bonaparte

What is their favourite household chore? Their least favourite? Before this apocalypse had started, Markus was living in a household filled with girls. It happened not soon after two of his younger sisters were born; instead of remaining with them, Markus' father abandoned his home, in turn, leaving the boy to take care of a family of six all by himself. And while his mother took care of his younger sisters, Markus was left in charge of nearly every single chore that was available in the household. I'd imagine, given what a handyman Markus is, that he was more fond of creating newer toys for his siblings or fixing broken things around the house instead of cleaning or cooking. His least favourite chore, however, was cleaning the home's restroom.
    Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships? After his life was ultimately ruined by the apocalypse, Markus had decided not to create any lasting relationships in fears of losing the few people that he still cares about. Living in a crumbling dystopia has left the man in search for meaningless one-night stans that wouldn't question his reputation. He prefers to remain a lone wolf, with the occasional new person slipping into his bed for a night of festivities. Markus' idea of true love died around the time he had lost most of his family to the infection.
    What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk? It depends on the company; at least, most of the time. Markus tends to become calmer when drunk if he's surrounded by his gang and loses his affinity for sarcasm. However, if he is surrounded by all of the people he despises or doesn't trust, it's not unusual for him to grow easily irritated and even resort to violence if things are going badly.
    Do they have any interests that could be considered "childish"? I guess, that it'd be considered more on the 'cruel' side than on the 'childish' one, but he is absolutely fascinated with causing pain to others. Like a small child would torture a frog or a butterfly, Markus likes to toy with his enemies and look at how they respond to various methods of torture. It brings him both joy and knowledge that is required (in his opinion) to keep on surviving.
    Do they put more weight in science or in faith? Definitely science. Markus had given up his faith long before the apocalypse had even begun.
    What is the dominant/most common colour in their wardrobe? Black. Given how he's more of a stealthy kind of a person, he likes not to be seen easily by possible enemies. Markus also believes that dark colours make him seem more menacing, so he tends to keep somewhat true to his image.
    Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible? He's not embarrassed about the scars, which came as the results of his many battles with both the infected and the survivors equally. If anything, he believes they make him look worth his power.
    Do they believe in fate/destiny? No. Perhaps it's a distance belief of the past, but Markus only believes that his life can only be dictated just by his own effort and not some higher powers. If he wishes to make something work out for him, it is up to the youth himself to make this happen. Nothing ever is a coincidence to him; everything is well thought of and planned out; instead of leaving anything to pure luck, Markus prefers to have many plans.
    What would they dress up as for Halloween? A vampire, most likely. Markus just appears like the male who would have enough grace or elegance if he had the opportunity to dress like one. His manners are superb if he wants to show them off and he can appear a bit old-fashioned sometimes.
    What would they want to be their last meal? A traditional meal from his homeland, Germany. Perhaps something like spätzle, which is a kind of pasta, or sauerbraten, which is considered to be the national food of their country and is a type of meat, which is cooked in the oven slowly for hours. His last meal would be incomplete without some beer or a desert alike rote grütze, which is a red fruit pudding. The dishes would only from Germany.
    What is their definition of a good life? Lots of beautiful women (or men), a lot of alcohol and not having to fret about the apocalypse. Markus is what a lot of people would describe as a very simple man; he doesn't need a lot to keep himself entertained, and as long as he has something to push his fury upon, he's going to be quite content. During the apocalypse, however, he remains quite happy if he gets to live another day inside of his gang.
    What's one of their small quirks? Whenever he feels unsafe and anxious, Markus tends to run his hands through his hair and pull at it until he is able to get his mind in order again. If it doesn't work, he often chooses various ways of inflicting tiny amounts of pain to himself (e.g. clawing at his forearms, biting his cheeks) and tries to ground himself before he experiences a full-blown panic attack from something which had upset him right then.
    What kind of handwriting do they have? It's reasonably tidy. The letters are small and it's very script-like, but it's absolutely legible. A bit like this.
    If they were an animal crossing character, which would they be? Well, after doing a quick quiz, I found out that Markus is, apparently, Resetti. A cranky mole with a rather intense personality, who has a short temper and lets it get the best of him. I think such a fiery spirit fits Markus quite well.
    If your character was a fruit smoothie, what would it taste like? Time for another quiz! Apparently, he's just like a black raspberry smoothie and given it is a combination of sweetness and sourness, I also think it fits him well. Markus isn't a heartless villain and he knows how not to be an asshole.
memory.
Black Belt

↪ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴɴᴀɪʀᴇ

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:50 am

• 1.What is something that is completely normal in your country/culture, but foreigners may find strange? I live in America, so I'm not quite sure. Maybe fourth of July would be odd somewhere else? I don't necessarily have a culture either, I'm sorry that I can't provide much of an answer for this one.
      2.If you could only say one more sentence before going mute forever, what would you say and who would you say it to? Again, I'm not too sure if I can give much of an answer to this one.
      3.What’s something you like to treat yourself to after a long, stressful, and exhausting day? If I'm exhausted after a long day I will most likely go straight to bed. Other days, if I have the muse for it I'll write. And, it will most likely be between either of those two things honestly.
      4.What’s the very first thing you do after waking up? I don't have a set thing that I do in the mornings, so it will most likely vary? More often than not, though, I will check my phone and try to go back to sleep.
      5.What’s something you used to hate, but now love? I used to hate the idea of not going to a traditional college after high school, and while I still don't like the idea, I'm slowly accepting the idea. Another thing I used to hate using but now love is the rabbit site for streaming movies and such? It shut down, but it's a site that one of my best friends and I bonded over. Of course there are other websites that do the same thing, but, I feel, rabbit would be considered one of the best in my books. Cherries are another thing; I never liked them as a child, but now I love them. I also used to hate music that I thought sounded 'old', with a few exceptions for dido and evanescence; but now I feel like my taste in music has changed over the years.
      6.What’s something you used to love, but now hate? I used to be able to eat shrimp, but now I just can't? It doesn't taste quite right to me, but to each their own. I also used to lovelovelove the Shadow Hunter/Mortal Instruments books? But now I'm more into other types of books.
      7. Describe yourself in three words. viewpoints may vary.
      8. What's an unpopular opinion that you have? Good Will's/Charity Shops are pretty awesome.
      9. What is your proudest moment? I'm unsure about this one as well, so? Maybe graduating.
      10. What did you do over the summer? I'm actually not too sure (again). At the beginning of summer I was getting used to walking on my foot again, and I think I played Pokemon GO for the rest of it.
      11. What is something that you learned last month? I'm getting married at least by the age of thirty
      12. Looking at both your friends and romantic partners, would you say you have a “type”? What is it? Is online a type? For either of those? I never really made friends outside of the internet, and more often than not I have hopes of meeting people irl. Other than that, the people that I know are either family or family friends.
      13.Which websites do you check daily? This is the only one, I think. The rest are apps, primarily youtube, instagram, and discord if those count. But AS is my main 'refresh site', if that makes any sense.
      14. What’s the youngest age you’ve been mistaken for? Oldest? How do you feel about this? Youngest I've been mistaken for is probably sixteen? The oldest would have to be twenty-ish. I don't mind, or care really, but it does get a bit awkward when I walk into someone's home or a restaurant and they start offering me beer.
      15.Looking back on your past self, how much would you agree with the opinions you used to have? Honestly, I'm not too sure. I've always been an open-minded person, even as a child. I guess now I'm more open to not conforming to anything, like religion, while also accepting that there are some cases where conformity is alright? I'm unsure if that makes any sense, but it's the only thing I can think of.
memory.
Black Belt

↪ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ # 1 : ᴀʀᴜɴᴀ

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:51 am

• 1. What is their favourite household chore? Their least favourite? Growing up in a prim and proper lifestyle, there was never much room for someone of her nature or status to do common work. Though, there are some instances where she will take it upon herself to do things that she feels her late mother would appreciate. Managing the garden and watching over her little sister, as much trouble as she has gotten the both of them into, had to be two of her favorite things. The garden was more of a legacy than a gift, it having belonged to the memories of when she would frolic and help pick out the weeds, or when she and her mother would gather berries in the late spring months. There is not much she hated, in that saying that there was never much that she couldn't find a way to deal with; though, all in all her least favorite 'chore' would have to have been cleaning the endless shelves of the library. Most of the time she would lose track, and eventually find herself going over the shelves that she already has done, which has to be something that annoys her the most.
      2. Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships? Different strokes for different folks. For her, personally, she would want one fun and exciting relationship with the person to which she is actually married to. She wouldn't trade the one true relationship she's ever had for anything in the world, especially considering that she has a child with the man. Though she doesn't judge other women for what they do in their relationships, or the state in which they carry it out, relationships with other people have never worked out to well for either of them.
      3. What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk? More likely than not she'll be all of those, depending on what mood she's in when she drinks, and how much she has had to drink. More often than not she'll get to the point of being an angry, happy, sarcastic, and overall rowdy kind of drunk. Though, and because she has to take care of her little sister, she doesn't get to drink all too often. And even if she were in a setting where drinks are present, it would take a lot to get her to actually drink, though she does make exceptions for a glass of wine that they serve during parties.
      4. Do they have any interests that could be considered "childish"? Not at all. Aruna is one of the more mature characters; one of those ones who like drinking when they can, has a vendetta against her father despite being used as a weapon by him, takes care of her sister so that she doesn't fall in the hands of their father, and likes to sneak out and see how society is doing whenever she can.
      5. Do they put more weight in science or in faith? It depends on the situation, and/or who she's talking to. For example if she's talking to her sister, or if she were to talk to her child, she will more likely than not weigh her decisions on fate and luck, for the fear that if she didn't then they would lose the sense of being a child; and, since she got that taken away from her, she doesn't want to be the one to take that away from anyone else. However, she will become more scientific when it comes to cases of talking to other adults.
      6. What is the dominant/most common colour in their wardrobe? There are many different silks in her wardrobe, though the most prominent color would have to be a deep, dark blood-red or just black. She does enjoy a pop of color every now and again, but when it comes to her she likes to look elegant and sophisticated every chance she gets. Of course, when she's going out she will wear common colors, such as brown or a deep green. And, if she's spending time with her sister she will wear yellow's, but outright refuses to wear purple's.
      7. Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible? Not necessarily, or at least not very many where she outright got hurt or attacked. Nor has she ever harmed herself, though she does have a scar on her left shoulder where their pet cat, Molly, had scratched her. After the incident, though, she never saw the kitten around the gardens ever again, and suspected that a certain, unreasonable tyrant did something to prevent the Molly from ever being able to come around ever again.
      8. Do they believe in fate/destiny? At times, perhaps. Though she does not particularly bank all life decisions on fate, nor does she wait until destiny comes to her. There are, however, people in her town that put their lives on fate, and it's safe to assume that she grew up around believers who thought that fate was something that comes to the most deserving of people. She never quite agreed with the lifestyle, though she does think it pretty important for people to believe in something, even if it isn't on the topic of fate and/or destiny.
      9. What would they dress up as for Halloween? She would more likely than not, not care for Halloween all too much. She has to dress up for events every single day, so perhaps for her Halloween would either be more of a 'sit-in' day, or just a time to walk around and let the children in her life run around from door to door. As long as they would be happy, she feels, is all that truly matters.
      10. What would they want to be their last meal? There isn't very much she enjoys eating, and more likely than not she would have to opt for a shot of whiskey. It also depends on the situation whether or not it brought her stress, or even if it's a situation in which she feels she could get out of.
      11. What is their definition of a good life? For her, it would have to be a successful life without the success being given to a person; and of course this is important for her, considering she grew up in royalty, and has hated it for quite a while now. A life with friends and connections is also important in her point of view, Another thing, and perhaps one of the most important, would have to be a life and a path that a person has chosen for themselves, despite any upbringing or obstacles that a person may have grown up with.
      12. What's one of their small quirks? There isn't very much to go off of this, especially considering she has been trained to act in certain ways, and do or not to do certain things. Over the years she has learned to be cool, calm, and overall very collected in almost every scene imaginable. Though, that doesn't mean that she is perfect, or that she has the perfect solution to every situation. When she's thinking over something that interests her she will tap her nails against any surface that her hand is on. Another thing is that she has a birthmark that just looks like a spot on where her tailbone is.
      13. What kind of handwriting do they have? More often than not she will write sophisticated in small, cursive letters. And, the small cursive is her default handwriting. Though, if someone can't read her handwriting for one reason or another, she will gladly alter to print. Other times when she is writing in a journal or other she will more likely than not write in messy, printed and cursive letters. Overall, it does depend on who is looking at her handwriting, and what she is supposed to be writing for.
      14. If they were an animal crossing character, which would they be? If she were to be an Animal Crossing character, she would most likely be a Cherry. She treats everyone with a mutual respect or other, depending on how well she gets to know the person in question, and she will fight off anyone that harms anyone weak and/or anyone that she cares about a ton. And she's also a fitting character for the reason that Cherry is considered a 'big sister' character.
      15. If your character was a fruit smoothie, what would it taste like? Most likely one with banana as the main ingredient.
memory.
Black Belt

↪ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ # 2 : ɢʀᴇʏsᴏɴ

Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:52 am

• 1. What is their favourite household chore? Their least favourite?He does not particularly care for chores of any kind, and one of his least favorite has to be anything that has to deal with washing things with water, mostly due to the fact that he has very dry skin, and anything dealing with water only dries it out even more. And, if he truly had to choose something, he would say that the chore he hates the least would have to be folding any form of laundry or towels.
      2. Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships? Relationships of any kind has never been his thing. In fact he tends to stray away when it comes to love, and he could easily and comfortably say that he's more than happy out of a relationship, than if he were to be in a relationship. He doesn't, however, detest to love of any kind. In fact, he thinks that love is great for other certain types of people. He, however, can live without it.
      3. What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk? More often than not he will drink to a point where he is considered to be a sad drunk, bordering on a sleepy or relaxing type of drunk. It also depends on the drink.
      4. Do they have any interests that could be considered "childish"? Not really? He takes a lot of pride in the work that he does to help the cops and lead investigators, and generally he takes everything in his life just as seriously. It's how he ensures success, and there isn't room for much else that goes on in his life.
      5. Do they put more weight in science or in faith? Time and time again fate has led him down a road that he never intended to go down, and each time that fate led him wrong or screwed him over, the light of curiosity inside of him died more and more. Though, in the journey he has learned that being scientific, logical and realistic is a great way to lead a life. Fate never bought him a car, a house, and most certainly fate didn't bring a job to him. Fate, he feels, is great for some people, but just plain illogical when it comes to the gist of his own personality.
      6. What is the dominant/most common colour in their wardrobe? He does not go out and buy clothes very often, and even if he did they would go to waste for the fact that he only goes to work regularly. There is never anytime to go out, except for the occasional lunch with a friend or family member, nor does he care much about being social. All in all, if someone were to look at his wardrobe for one reason or another they would find a lot of blacks and grays.
      7. Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible? Yes he does have a few, not that anyone has to know where they are or how they got there in the first place. He does not like to talk about his scars, or about anything about himself as a matter of fact, and doesn't quite think that it's anyone else's business.
      8. Do they believe in fate/destiny? Again, that would be a hard no, for reasons that are completely his own. He finds that in a lot of cases, destiny is like a type of karma; you either have it or you don't. Though, it also isn't something that is strictly for him to say, and he doesn't think anything of another persons beliefs or views.
      9. What would they dress up as for Halloween? Halloween is another one of those holidays that he finds unnecessary, and he wouldn't be able to afford such things despite the amount of hours he works at his current job. Other than that, he has never been allowed to celebrate the holiday, and even if he could he seems to have picked to live in a town where Halloween, or children in-general, are never really present.
      10. What would they want to be their last meal? He finds no point in having a last meal, or even something like a last drink. He finds the concept rather annoying, and would much rather get things over with than to stall anything for longer than he would have to in such a situation. Even if he had to choose something, he wouldn't be very able to in the midst of his nerves.
      11. What is their definition of a good life? The definition of a good life, is a life in which a person validates and confirms that their life is, in fact, a good and successful life. It varies from person to person, and nobody else has the right to decide that for anyone but themselves. However, in his case, a successful life is one that involves having a steady income. Anything that comes after that can just wait.
      12. What's one of their small quirks? There aren't any quirks that are constant and/or are caused by a specific thing, though he does tend to tap on his desk a lot. Another thing is that he likes to drink a lot of caffeine, coffee or other, but there truly isn't anything that is a major constant.
      13. What kind of handwriting do they have? Cursive mostly, but it looks like a bunch of messy and incoherent scribbles.
      14. If they were an animal crossing character, which would they be? Probably something with a normal personality.
      15. If your character was a fruit smoothie, what would it taste like? Most likely a mild sweet flavor with green apple as one of the main ingredients. It would be made with water instead of milk.
Last edited by memory. on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:53 pm

──────────────────────────────────────
    Based on this exciting roleplay between me and the darling mina

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

What is their favourite household chore? Their least favourite? Given that she used to have two younger siblings and loved them to death, I'd claim Iris was rarely ever against taking care of them. Before her family was taken away from her by the virus, she used to adore spending time with her siblings and making sure they led a worthwhile, happy lifestyle. Looking at her love towards physical activity, however, I'd say she wouldn't be a fan of anything that didn't keep her moving. Simple things like dusting or making the bed would be something Iris absolutely dreaded doing in her youth.
    Would they prefer having one true love forever, or lots of fun and exciting relationships? Iris has always been somewhat of a romantic and would truly prefer spending most of her life with a single partner, even if the chances of someone falling in love with her now are rather slim at best.
    What kind of drunk are they? A happy drunk? A sad drunk? An angry drunk? An affectionate drunk? She grows more relaxed after consuming alcohol. Iris doesn't know if it's because of her mutation or the constant feeling of exhaustion, but she's easier to get intoxicated and whenever it happens, she is known to become more open with her secrets and doesn't act as mistrustful as she often does. I guess alcohol does 'loosen' her up a bit.
    Do they have any interests that could be considered "childish"? It could definitely be because of the changes that took place in her body once the virus had settled in (e.g. enhanced agility, increased lower body strength, enhanced senses, etc.), she is unusually drawn towards climbing. Iris really prefers to travel via rooftops and scale walls if she's given the chance, showing off her flexibility or strength. Because of the infection affecting her fingernails and transforming them into sharpened claws, she likes to use up her physical energy by performing various tricks and free-running all over.
    Do they put more weight in science or in faith? She's oddly lost between the two. Having grown up in a religious family, her faith is still here. However, only science had been powerful enough to give back the humanity she had lost to the virus and because of this, she leans towards science.
    What is the dominant/most common colour in their wardrobe? Greys and blues. Those were her favourite colours before the apocalypse began.
    Do they have any scars? Are they proud of them, or do they try to hide them as much as possible? She has a large bitemark on her thigh which is the sole reason for her mutation. This is something Iris does her best to hide from nearly everyone, wanting nothing more than to be accepted as a normal human. Apart from that, she has a few fainter scars near her eyes (from the day she had tried clawing them out because of her heightened senses) as well as other various bruises that she doesn't care too much about. Very few people can brag about having no scars at all on their bodies.
    Do they believe in fate/destiny? Not too much. After she had been exposed to such a style of life and given no reasons for it, Iris has stopped believing that something is watching over her. She looks after herself and just does whatever she can to survive to the best of her abilities nowadays.
    What would they dress up as for Halloween? Probably an actual zombie. Just to make fun of her current situation and to feel a bit more 'normal'.
    What would they want to be their last meal? Before the apocalypse started, Iris was quite fond of various stews. If she knew that it was one of her last days alive, she would definitely do whatever she could to get herself a bit of home-made stew to die happily. It would be only that or nothing.
    What is their definition of a good life? Being healthy and happy. Iris doesn't strive for much nowadays; to be accepted into the community of survivors and to find something to do without being distrusted. Apart from that, as long as she has a bed to sleep in and some food, she is quite happy.
    What's one of their small quirks? She tends to bare her teeth and growl whenever danger is nearby and she can sense that. More or less, whenever Iris can feel that her surroundings aren't completely safe, she taps into her animalistic instincts and resembles something closer to a cat than a human. It is also not unusual for her to subconsciously drag her claws across trees or walls and leave small signs of her presence to other survivors.
    What kind of handwriting do they have? Even though it's hard for her to write with her claws now, her handwriting used to be very neat and girly.
    If they were an animal crossing character, which would they be? After doing a quiz once more, I found out that Iris is most like Harriet; a fairly cheerful creature who has somewhat of an enabler attitude, praising people about their style even if they look horrible. In a way, I can imagine Iris being quite like that as she'll much rather praise someone terrible and not risk being kicked away instead of being honest. She just wants to finally fit in.
    If your character was a fruit smoothie, what would it taste like? Another quiz later, we now know that she's a Piña Colada smoothie. Well, looking at her origin and the creature she has become due to some bad luck, I can definitely agree that she's more on the 'exotic' side of most things.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ

Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:34 pm

GODDESS OF DESTRUCTION
    Born from the union of chaos and creation,
    She was made to rule over the seas and oceans.
    The most beautiful and loved daughter,
    You were destined to take the hardest fall.

Raped, abused and betrayed by her own blood,
    She was banished and ran to the end of the world.
    Tainted by her father, the mother of dragons,
    You could do nothing but start this holy war.

And when her own children fell in the battlefield,
    She wept tears of blood and ran from it once more.
    As the fourth seal was broken and it rained red,
    You were reborn, the Goddess of Destruction.

THE PRINCE OF SLYTHERIN
        A prince with no name and no power of choice,
        You were but a lost child in a sea of venom.
        A man with a responsibility he could never bear,
        You were forced to become the Devil's concubine.
        Shrouded in expensive silks of green and silver,
        Presented with duties your heart did not desire.

A prince with no choice but to cower and obey,
        You went through life with a dragon's name.
        A scarred man with streaks of white on his chest,
        You were nearly killed by the one who had lived.
        Forced to look after an old bloodline of purity,
        You are forever to be the cursed Prince of Slytherin.