jenella & jenassa, because i'm a self-indulgent hoe and i love my murder wives
1. It’s Valentine's day! Which character makes a thoughtful gift, and which character goes to the local supermarket to buy bargain flowers? the elder scrolls equivalent to valentine's day is heart's day, if i remember correctly, but honestly? neither of them would really gift each other anything. not because they don't care for each other, they just don't care for the idea that you have to give a gift to your beloved on one specific day because a tradition says so. that being said, if they gave each other heart's day gifts, both would put some thought into it.
2. What is the only thing that could come between your character's relationship/friendship? What would be the effect of this? there isn't much i can think of, really. jenella definitely wouldn't stick around if the relationship got overly controlling and constricting, or if jenassa started to push really hard for marriage. it's why she left her parents and her home, after all. thankfully, jenassa isn't the type to try and exert control over her like that, nor is she particularly desperate to get married and settle down. hmm... jenassa is also not quite fond of the (stuck up) upper class, especially those who take advantage of the lower class and force them into stuff like cheap labour, so i can see that getting in the way if jenella ever showed signs of turning into someone like that - rich, arrogant and entirely indifferent to anything but their own needs and wants.
3. If you were to compare your characters to a famous duo, who would you choose and why? ngl, they give me strong bonnie and clyde vibes. criminals in love, what more do i have to say?
4. Who throws out the low blow in the argument, and who sticks to the facts? both of them can throw out - and have thrown out - low blows in arguments before. in general, jenella may be a bit quicker to go for a low blow since she has the quicker temper and explosive anger when she feels unfairly criticized/attacked, whereas jenassa may get more "vicious", but still overall relies on the facts more heavily to back her up.
5. Do they have a ‘song’? What is it, and why? i heavily associate eyelids by saro with them. to me, a darker song speaking of the imperfect love between two people who both have their own issues, their own demons and their own darkness. a song of two people who know they aren't "good" people, but who still want to be with each other, despite the difficulties. a song of duality.
6. How did they first meet? If they could change it, would they? jenella likes to joke that it was fate that led her to enter the tavern jenassa used to hang out in while waiting for an employer, but really, she just wanted a warm place to stay in to eat, drink, and pick up some local gossip. jenassa ended up being the most intriguing person there, they struck up a conversation over some mead, and jenella ultimately decided to hire jenassa and have her come along for a few small, personal adventures, during which they ultimately bonded.
7. Who would break up with the other? Why? i can't really see either of them break up with the other, unless something really major happened. and, in the case of something big happening, it clearly would depend on the situation. jenella fucked up big time? jenassa might leave her. jenassa screws up big time? jenella is the one leaving her.
8. Which of the pair is the quickest to judge others? hm, i'm not entirely sure, to be completely honest? first instinct was to say jenella, then jenassa... i feel like both are at least a bit judgmental in their own way? not majorly so, and i wouldn't necessarily say either of them are particularly quick to judge others in the first place. i think i'll actually have to settle on jenassa to be slightly quicker to judge now, mainly because she's a tiny bit warier and more suspicious of others, so it's also a bit easier for her to assume things about others and form her opinions based on those assumptions.
9. Is their relationship healthy? Why/why not? as healthy as a relationship that started over their shared murder-based occupation can be! as messed up as that sounds though, yes, their relationship is quite healthy. they trust each other, they are comfortable around each other, they are able to understand and support each other... so even though both of them aren't necessarily good people in the eye of the public, they're definitely good for each other.
10. Can you see them growing old together? Or will their love fizzle out? staying with each other for as long as they're alive? i can definitely see that. growing old together? eh, possibly. both of them live rather dangerous lives, both of them have a lot of enemies and with jenella being a dark brotherhood assassin and jenassa a mercenary (or, if we go with my AU where she also ended up joining the DB after ella and her became a serious thing, an assassin as well), both of them are aware that growing old together is something they can't be sure will happen.
11. Do they trust one another? Why/why not? yes. both of them are not very trusting people by nature, but they'd trust each other with their life. jenassa is a bit more on the suspicious side, so at times it may seem like she doesn't wholly trust jenella, but any budding doubts she has usually die out quickly.
12. Is their relationship faultless? Why/why not? show me one "faultless" relationship, and i'll give you my soul. both of them are flawed people in their own way, so of course their relationship is also flawed in its own, unique way, and that's perfectly fine.
13. Do they have a regular ‘date’ they’ll do, like watch a TV show or go to the movies? hm, no, not really! both of them travel a lot and don't really go on typical dates all too often, since they're usually with each other anyway. it's usually jenella who ends up suggesting they go to a tavern/inn to get a nice dinner and a drink, or visit one of the big cities for an impromptu shopping trip, and jenassa usually shrugs and goes along with it, but they aren't really regular date activities for either of them.
14. Do they fight? Often? both of them are quite headstrong, independent individuals who speak their mind and stand by their own convictions fiercely, so of course they're bound to butt heads now and again. though, surprisingly enough, they don't have a lot of big fights. they're on the same page about a lot of things and respect each other as individuals with their own perceptions and thoughts about things, so really bad fights are very, very rare and usually reserved for times where they're both high-strung and stressed.
15. Are they a ‘soft’ couple or not? What is their relationship like? they aren't soft in the public eye. around others, they're a pair of bad bitches TM. around each other, when they're on their own, they are warmer, relaxed, more open and affectionate, but not in the super mushy way. neither of them are romantics in the typical sense, neither of them feel the need to constantly dote over each other with an endless stream of "i love you"'s and compliments and kisses and whatnot, but they're definitely softer when around each other.