AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

toast
Gold Belt
House: Sagacitas

AS Afflatus: Prompt Response

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:37 am

ISSUE SEVEN PROMPT
featuring hanley & wesley.
  • "It'll be easy. You just have to seduce them." Hanley was tapping away on his phone as he spoke, sprawled along the length of the couch with an arm resting behind his head. He spoke like the solution was as easy in practice as in theory, but the thought of acting on his desires made Wesley's belly churn. Still, he forced a laugh, going so far as to lean forward on the stool he sat on.
    "You're kidding right? I'm about as seductive as a cabbage." Wesley leaned back against the breakfast bar, his elbows rising to rest on top of the granite. He watched Hanley in the reflection of the tv, his brother angled slightly inwards so his phone rested against the back cushion as he typed. He was texting, unsurprisingly, the text window already spanning the entirety of his phone screen. "And I'm not sure how I feel about your use of the word seduce." He added, but Hanley didn't seem to hear him.
    "I've literally seen three different girls hit on you this week, what's the problem." Hanley replied, his eyes darting to the television for a split second before settling back onto the task at hand. His thumb hovered over the enter button for a moment or two before he seemingly decided against sending it, his attention almost completely on his private conversation. Perhaps that was what gave Wesley the courage, or maybe it was his frustration that his brother didn't get what he was trying to avoid saying out loud.
    "The problem is they're girls." Wesley muttered finally, his gaze moved from Hanley's reflection in the television to the yard outside, and he shifted his weight further to one side to bite his thumb. He was too distracted by a pair of squirrels tumbling outside to notice Hanley's head pop over the back over the couch, eyebrows furrowed ever so slightly and his head held at a slight angle.

"What do you mean? What was wrong with them?" Wesley looked at him with wide eyes, and there was a few moments of silence before Hanley continued. "They were cute. One of them was even a junior." He spoke slowly this time, studying Wesley closely. Wes could feel the heat flood to his cheeks, and it took all of his willpower not to squirm under his brother's gaze.
    "Yeah, no they were. It's just...I don't know." The words were awkward and choppy when Wes spoke, and he felt more like he was under a microscope the longer Hanley looked at him.
    "Not your type?" The question felt loaded despite its simplicity, Hanley sitting up fully upright now and resting his elbows on the back of the couch, his hands hanging loosely over. Wesley looked away, shifting awkwardly in his seat and folding his hands in his lap. His shoulders drew inward, compressing his chest and making him look small.
    "Not exactly." Wesley even sounded small as he answered, and he was adamant about looking everywhere else but at his brother. Hanley sighed, loudly enough to draw Wesley's attention, and the younger boy risked a tentative glance into the living room. He found Hanley looking back at him, concern written onto his face in the script of knitted brows and down-turned lips.
    "Hey Wes, are you okay?" Wesley scrunched his nose slightly at his brother's tone, not entirely acquainted with how worried he sounded anymore. "You know you can tell me anything, right? I'm your brother, I'm supposed to help you." The prompting was gentle, and the words were ones that Hanley had told him before on numerous occasions when they were younger, but he'd never heard them spoken so seriously. Wesley took a deep breath, his gaze dropping away again.

"I'm gay." Wesley admitted finally, his shoulders still pulled up defensively. He didn't know what to expect, and part of him waited to hear Hanley get up from the couch to do...something. Instead,
    "Great! My suggestion still stands." Hanley pulled his arms back over the couch in one smooth motion and leaned against the arm rest once more, flipping his phone back up and continuing the novel-length text message he'd taken a break from. "Just don't be upset if he's not receptive. And don't be obvious right from the start." Wesley blinked at him, his shoulders dropping down, the tension bleeding from his body and being replaced almost completely with confusion.
    "Wait you're not mad?" Hanley scoffed, his eye roll visible even in his reflection on the television. Still, there was a half-grin on his face that remained even after he hit send on his text. He locked his phone before he spoke again, dropping it onto his chest and turning his face in Wesley's direction despite being unable to see him.
    "Why would I be mad? I'm not Grandma Jean." Hanley's gaze moved to the ceiling above him, his expression turning thoughtful. Wesley could see the wheels turning in his head, but it was difficult to figure out what he was thinking so hard about. Deep down, he knew he was being irrational, but he still felt the need to confirm that Hanley wasn't thinking of a way to tattle on him.
    "You won't tell mom and dad, will you?" Hanley smiled at the question, devolving into half-assed laughter. Before he answered, he lifted his phone up again, unlocking it and flipping through some of the pages before he opened up some app that Wesley couldn't decipher.
    "I've been seeing dad's starting quarterback for three months now and they have no clue, I don't tell them anything." Hanley sat back up once more, propping an elbow on the couch again and looking at Wesley. "What was the kid's name again? I lied, I want to check him out first." He glanced down to whatever was on his phone, tapping towards the top of the screen before he glanced expectantly up at Wesley again.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus:Character Interview

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:12 pm

Issue Seven Character Interview

Jessika
1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?

She has a brother 3 to 4 years older than her. In any version where he hasn’t disappeared, they are extremely close.

2. What is your character’s relationship like with their mother?

She loves/loved her mother (may be a few versions where mother is gone).

3. What is your character’s relationship like with their father?

She’s daddy’s little girl, seeing as she is their only daughter. They are quite close and she loves him a lot.

4. Has there been any experience that drastically changed them? How so?

Maybe meeting Elizabeth could count as this, but they met in childhood. Being confessed to definitely seems to have changed her, maybe for the better.

5. What can typically be found in your character’s pockets or purse?

Probably her iPod and phone, maybe candy or change, small notebooks and pens.

6. Are there any recurring themes in your character’s dreams?

In the Kitsune AU, she had recurring nightmares of a close Kitsune friends death...She dreams a lot about Kitsune and animals.

7. What does your character desire most out of life?

hmm...To have a loving family with her best friend (in most versions), that includes her dogs and horse.

9. Is your character bothered by the sight of blood? If so, how badly?

Yes, quite a bit. I mean, quite a bit...especially in the kitsune au, because of the whole friend death thing she had to see.

10. Does your character remember names or faces easier?

She remembers both pretty equally.

11. What was your character’s favorite toy as a child?

Probably a toy wolf her parents bought her.

12. How quick is your character to trust someone else?

She is half and half on trsting. She’ll watch you but give you the benefit of the doubt. However, do something bad or slip up, and she stops trusting.

13. What does your character think of children?

Oh, she can’t get enough of them, she really loves them. She’s more of the motherly type, even her best friend seems to think the same thing of her. And little ones seem to quite like her, too, so she’s happy.

14. How does your character handle confrontation?

It’s...a bit of a battle for her. In the kitsune au, her lover and her new friend constantly butt heads. They were really bad about it at first, and she was the one whom had to come in and tell them to back off, to give it up.

15. What is the worst thing your character has done?

not really sure on this. i don’t think she’s done anything bad yet.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus: Prompt Response

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:14 pm

Issue Seven Prompt Response "It'll be easy. You just have to seduce them."

"You're kidding right? I'm about as seductive as a cabbage."
starring Jesse, Nephi, and a few others (maybe mentions of some too)

Jesse blinked as she stared at her friend, a beautiful Egyptian half breed named Nephi. Their dogs, Moke and Nkosi, had lain down nearby, one now curled up, the other stretched out upon his side. They were on Earth, visiting Nephi’s hometown no less, and the others had been just as excited to see a new place. Nephi, Jesse, and the others were currently in the hotel, Lance and Keith having gone down to the pool, Matt and Pidge out exploring right now, and Shiro had gone with the boys, whilst Jessika was with Matt and Pidge. Jessika seemed like she should be Nephi’s rival, but they appeared to have some sort of understanding. That’s beside the point here, though.

Jesse took a breath, then looked at her friend once more. “And again, I reiterate...I’m as seductive as a cabbage, a cabbage, a flippin vegetable. Why are you telling me to seduce Pidge, anyhow?” she huffed. “To see if she likes you back.” Nephi chuckled, shaking his head softly a bit then pushing her arm. “C’mon, let’s go down to the pool. I’m sure those three will go there at some point.” Nephi said. Jesse blushed but said nothing, changing into a swimsuit and clipping the leash on Nkosi, whom barked happily and nuzzled her arm, his tail wagging rapidly.

Nephi had gone into his room, which he was sharing with Shiro, and now stepped out, in a very becoming swim shorts of his own. Jesse blinked a few times, giggling and nudging him with a wink. “What are you winking at?” he huffed, and she said “Don’t act like you don’t know~” Shaking her head, she trotted ahead with Nkosi, Moke barking and yelping at being left behind. Nephi hushed him to silence, then hurried after their friends (his and Moke’s) towards the elevator, to go down to the pool, humming softly in the elevator on the way down.

Jesse let out a slow, soft gasp when she saw the pool, and Nephi chuckled as he glanced at her. “I know, right?” he said, then pushed her and rushed off towards the lounges. Jesse huffed, soon following with Nkosi at her side, his tail still wagging as he glanced to Moke. She chuckled a bit, dropping her towel on a lounge and change out Nkosi’s collar and leash for a lead slipped round his neck. “Come on, Nephi, let’s get in the pool.” she called, headed towards the water now. She slipped in, coaxing Nkosi in with her, and soon they were joined by Nephi and Moke.

They noticed Lance and Keith across the water, at the slides, and Jesse chuckled as Lance sneaked a kiss on Keith’s lips. Shiro was resting on a lounge, smiling as he occasionally looked to the ones in the pool. He glanced over when Matt, Pidge, Jessika, and Jessika’s dog walked in, smiling as he waved at them, earning a nod from Matt, and a wave from Pidge and Jessika. Nephi and Jesse were swimming around, when Jesse noticed the other three come in, and she blushed and looked away, surprised to see Pidge was wearing swim shorts and a gray t shirt. Matt and co. got into the pool to swim, though after awhile Matt and Nephi both had gotten out.

Moke huffed a bit, though followed his human. Pidge got out a little bit after the two males, though was watching Jesse, just like Matt and Nephi were both watching Jessika. Jessika got out a few minutes later, herself, smiling and gesturing at Jesse, whom shook her head at her. Nkosi watched the humans, then barked and yanked the lead from Jesse’s hand, causing her to yelp, the black dog leaping up the steps and out of the pool. Jesse, focused on Nkosi and trying to ignore the pain in her hand, rushed after the dog, looking up and realizing she was in front of Pidge, blinking...

Nkosi wagged his tail, obviously proud of himself, looking at Pidge then backing up and sitting on his rump. Jesse stared down at her feet, gasping when she was pulled down by Pidge, red hair falling over her shoulder a bit as she looked at the brown haired girl. Noticing that certain look Pidge sometimes got, settled on the brown haired girl’s face, Jesse’s own face flushed, and she squeaked a moment later when lips met hers. Pidge pulled away when they needed to breathe, and softly said “Looks good on you. Also...we should probably get that hand of yours looked at.” Gesturing to the rope burn from when Nkosi had yanked the lead. Jesse continued to blush, as Pidge pulled her up and led her from the pool.

(wc: 785)
(idek what the look is, it may just be smugness but i think you can also consider it sensual or flirty under the right circumstances)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Issue Seven: prompt submission

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm

*kinda dubcon situation, nothing graphic but.. This is your trigger warning. Just in case.
"It'll be easy. You just have to seduce them."

"You're kidding right? I'm about as seductive as a cabbage."
Julia was horrified at the proposition. Up until a week ago she had been a normal fifteen year old so her idea of playing in bed had mostly involved one of her game systems or her baby sister. This week everything was the opposite of the normal life she had known.

No more safe happy little life playing pretend with her baby sister and gossiping with her almost slutty school friends. Slutty friends she desperately wished she had paid more attention to now because how else was she, Julia Jane Jennings supposed to seduce anything?! Tears pricked at her deep almond brown eyes and her thin lower lip quivered as the tears began to fall propetly. Sliding in great slicks down her dirty cheeks.

Her accommodations the last few days weren't exactly up to standards. No heat or running water and now no food. That's what she was supposed to be distracting the man to get. He was known to grant small favors for a good time. She'd get a treat and her new friends would rob the place while the man was occupied with her. It wasn't a bad plan but it was a plan she wished she wasn't such a key player in.

"I've never.. never done anything, anything like this before. I didn't even have a boyfriend before.. Can't, can't anyone else do this?" looking desperately among the others in the small group.

The older girl lay areassuring hand on Julia's shoulder. "nah, besides you got this. Those big wet brown eyes will get you in that back room so fast your head might actually spin; Besides you need to contribute to this group. We used valuable and limited resources on you. Your not looking to be a leach on us are you baby Jane?"

Julia shook her head no violently and the older girl smiled brightly down. "Then just remember what I told you and give a hint on those assets you got. Even if it's just that red lacy strap showing that I got for you. He likes them young and he likes muties like us. A kink of his a guess. Works in our favour though. Now get in there!"

Giving Julia a shove into the small market doors where a older man greeted her with a wolfish grin. Julia let out another big sob as her oversized navy t-shirt fell from her shoulder revealing a lacy red bra strap.

"You look hungry. " The man said in a kind tone though his hungry eyes and posture betrayed his true intentions. "why don't you come with me to the back, I think I have some cherries I can spare you.. And a place you can lay down for awhile. I'll make sure your warm." The wolfish grin deepened.

A shivering Julia let the man lead her away. Her new friends did nothing to help her from the situation they had left her to, even after successfully taking everything they needed and the cash from the register. He kept Julia until dawn before releasing her. It was a night she would never be allowed to forget.
||520||
Last edited by Grengirl on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Issue Seven: Character Interview

Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:59 pm

An interview on Mary Broom

1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?

No Mary doesn't have siblings. In every incarnation she has been a only child.

Her relationship with her mother is usually more tense than her relationship with her grandmother. Her mother is the more business like of the two and runs the family business while also filling the brunt of family responsibilities including ensuring Mary does her part. This last is often the largest point of tension between the two.

Mary has no father figure but that is how things go in her family. Men are not a necessity beyond their genetic contributions to the line. She however often wishes she had a father and wants one for her baby when that time comes.

In one incarnation her family and almost everyone she had ever been close with was murdered by a powerful and evil woman. After escaping from torture and while running for her life she discovers she hadn't escaped her family legacy and was pregnant with her also very young boyfriends baby. In that life even years later she still has nightmares about that time and is terrified that the evil woman might find her way back yet a third time and finish what was started so long ago.

Medicinal herbs, scraps of paper, pens, one or more books, tarot cards and her phone.

Mary does have prophetic dreams. Many of these will borrow imagery from her favored tarot decks.

She wants a future outside of her twisted family obligations. To have a normal life where she can not only go to collage but be encouraged to do so instead of being told it won't matter because the baby will come first. Why can't that come second? Why dies she have to leave school and have one now instead of later? Surely five years or so wouldn't matter that much!

Not particularly. Her family specializes in healing and fertility magic. People that need healing are often bleeding. Cleaning it up bothers her more than seeing it.

Mary is studious but she clearly remembers faces better. Names can elude her. Honestly she is more likely to remember why you were last to see her than your name.

She was strongly encouraged to play with dolls and other gender appropriate toys but her favorite was a stuffed toy frog. She still sleeps with it.

More than she should be. Her family has clout I her small hometown and Mary often forgets that means her family has enemies as well as supporters. She assumes people are safe until she gets a reason to doubt that. Doubt can come from her ability or from attack. Little inbetwern tips her off.

Children have been her destiny. She was trained from infancy how to be a mother. Spending her early youth babysitting. Family traditions in and around parenthood are a little twisted in her family. That said ad ready as she has been made she doesn't want it now but will ultimately accept it as inevitable when it happens.

She can be a bit of a stuck up know it all and will often start on a opinated rant only to find herself on the losing side and storm off chin held high.

In one or more AU she beset a whole town in the grasp if a powerful fertility spell. Just because she didn't want to be the only one to face what was inevitably to befall her in that season. Didn't want to be the only one if her friends that was found to be expecting early in the new school year. Things didn't quite work out how she planned.
algorythm
Black Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Character Interview -

Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:06 pm

• 1.Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
    He has a couple step/half-siblings, one or two for each of his divorced parents. Ages run from older than him at twenty one to younger than him at four years old. He doesn't see his mother's often, as he opted to live with his father in his hometown, but Satoshi doesn't doesn't especially. He's probably most attached to his youngest brother; a product of his father's second marriage, he's an adorable little boy incredibly attached to the high school student. The care felt is minimal at best, Satoshi's lack of feelings won't change for anyone, but the younger boy is so hopeful and attached that the blond doesn't mind being around him. At eight years old, he's nine years younger than Satoshi, but the boy in question doesn't like anyone closer to his age so.

Distant, even more so than his father since they live apart. He never minded her, rarely found her annoying, could stand her from time to time. She was a good mom, or so Satoshi assumes. She was worried for him, never understanding why he didn't seem to adore her as other children adored their mothers. She tried and tried desperately, thankfully for her, she was given piece of mind when Satoshi began his little act. Those smiles, those gifts, those sweet, encouraging words; she chose to believe them all.

They tolerate each other, to make this short. Satoshi acts the perfect son, his father is a hardworking man. They meet in the middle, keep the respectable distance they both prefer; Satoshi's smiles are just a little less perfect around him.

Satoshi has always had that sensitivity chip missing. From the moment he was born, so no, nothing has really changed him. He did start to become "nice" when he realized people passed by in life easiest like that.

Basic necessities. Wallet, keys, phone.

Emptiness. Complete and total awareness, mixed with nothing at all; sometimes that's symbolic, sometimes it's not.

To die early and live rich, or just easily, either works for him. He has no attachment to life, so really it's not so much he wants to die early, he doesn't really care, he just wants to be gone before life gets anymore troublesome than it already is.

Doesn't mind it? Hasn't had the chance to be around large volumes of it. The answer would probably stay the same to be honest.

Faces. Names are meaningless bits of information constantly floating around, faces come when they need to be recalled.

A red and blue toy boat, plastic, that he shared with his best friend at their nursery/daycare.

Never. His apathetic predisposition exposes him to human's horrors in their entirety, besides there's no need to anyway, everything about him is fake.

Doesn't mind them, but would never want any of his own. He feels some level of affection for his youngest brother, but that's it.

Well. When he pretends to be the boy the world thinks he is, Satoshi is great at calming people down, and if not, he has the skill set, power and connections fix things. If he was allowed to react the way he naturally would, he'd do fine as well- emotionally that is. If perhaps feeling negative that day he may be violent, but otherwise the only reason he'd be hurt is because of the words he said. Since he doesn't care, he will point out everything you don't want pointed out, again using his skills, power and connections to deal with you. If the person opposite of him is scared easily that'll be it, if not, Satoshi will have a reason to blow off some steam.

Mmmm, fake it? Fake everything? Satoshi hasn't done anything bad, because one, he's playing the perfect son, student, friend, occasional boyfriend, and two, he doesn't care enough to do anything.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:30 am

Update/Annoucement:

You may post up to two (2) character interviews for your characters per issue.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Character Interview

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 am

ooo! cool)
Character Interview 2 Amuro the Deity 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?

You could say other fox deities and canine ones are like his siblings. He was raised with a small group of others, no one ever really told him if any were his blood relatives. Yuki and Karo are both close in age to him, though he seems now to much prefer hanging out with a certain group of humans.

Didn’t know their mother, none of the older deities when they were smaller told them anything, though they have vague flashes of a memory...

same as mother question.

Maybe meeting the humans they now like to hang around with so much. They used to have boughts of boredom, and believe deities and messengers whom said all earthlings were horrible people. Then they met the boys, and found out how great some ground dwellers can really be.

He doesn’t own a single purse. I don’t think he even has pockets, but then again, who really knows what’s under the robe cloak thing.

He doesn’t really seem to dream, but maybe he does dream.

To keep his friendship with Sara and co, though he knows one day he’ll watch them each pass away...

Maybe a little, especially thinking of it coming from his human friends. Maybe 30% for others, 90% thinking about his friends.

Both, he’s a deity. It’s like his brain auto stores everything for him.

The adults of the time gave him some bells someone left one of them as an offering for a prayer. He loved those silver bells to death.

They still seem to have a bit of a time of coming to trust humans. They can usually tell if a deity or messenger is bad, so it’s 50 50 there.

They take the form of a child, tbh, though they could take a more adult appearance. They seem to thoroughly enjoy watching children when the kids are happy and playful.

If it’s a confrontation between someone and a friend, they can become a bit irritable and will try to get in the middle of it. If it’s two humans in front of their alter, or who pray to them or one of their ‘siblings’, they try not to get involved. They will, however, try to nudge the humans in the right direction, get them to stop fighting or arguing. If it’s two complete strangers, he stays completely out of it.

Nothing, they’re a deity, they try to help the others above. Well, they played tricks on one or two humans, maybe that counts, but those turned out to be bad humans.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ramjac
Orange Belt
House: Vipera

Shep and Antrim

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:02 am

• 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?

S: Shepherd has two older sisters, Eve (34) and Serenity (29). During childhood, he was equally close to both of them, but Eve moved across the country when he was a teenager, so he learned to lean on Serenity.

A: Antrim is the middle child of seven. He would die before admitting he favored one over another.

S: She was a single mom and very unstable, but his older sisters protected him from that fact for a very long time. "Mom's just tired." "Don't go in there, Mom's resting right now." He learned to accept her absence. As an adult, he resents her for not seeking help and never playing an active role in his life.

A: She was loving, supportive, and always happy to talk when Antrim just felt like sitting quietly. She valued his kind-hearted nature more than anyone.

S: His dad was never in the picture. He isn't even sure if he has the same father as his sisters.

A: He never felt unloved by his father, but there were some disagreements about his personality. Antrim was too sensitive in his opinion, and needed to "toughen up."

S: Learning he could shift was the first thing that ever set him apart from the crowd. It sparked quite the existential crisis.

A: With a supportive father figure, things could have been a lot different for him. He was left uncomfortable, obsessive, and just as sensitive as before.

S: Nothing really. A small notebook and a pen occasionally.

A: Yo-yos, bouncy-balls, candy wrappers. Anything to distract him.

S: Deja-vu is a huge part of his dream life. He experiences the same dreams over and over, or at least he feels like he does. He always talks about starting a dream journal but never does.

A: Animals. Most of his dream characters are animals. It's rare a human shows up, and when one does, it's usually a nightmare.

S: He's satisfied with anything, honestly. He feels that anything that's meant to happen in his life will happen on its own. That's good enough for him.

A: Antrim wants to make a change in the world. His biggest fear is dying and leaving absolutely nothing behind.

S: Hahaha. Not at all.

A: Yeah, no.

S: Faces, definitely. Body language, too. He's quite observant.

A: Names. Eye contact is hard.

S: Hmm. Probably something interactive. A talking action-figure or plastic sword.

A: Read-along books with audio.

S: Generally, Shepherd feels like he's a good judge of character. He'll decide almost immediately if he trusts someone or not.

A: It takes Antrim years to trust someone, and even then, there is still doubt. He's scared of being taken advantage of.

S: He absolutely loves them. He would have been overjoyed with a little brother.

A: They are everything. So much easier to talk to than adults.

S: It surprises him when someone confronts him. Most likely, he would try to de-escalate the situation until it felt like just a normal conversation in order to regain control.

A: Panic. Any confrontation is followed by weeks of paranoia.

S: Manipulating a close friend just because he was curious if he was capable. She ended up killing herself.

A: Leaving his family without a word. They're probably still looking for him after all these years.
Last edited by ramjac on Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
greyscale
White Belt
House: Vipera

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 am

ImagexxImage

• 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
      Kalea has a single brother who she is two years younger than. While they were close growing up, distance has grown between them as their dreams led them to different ends of the earth. She hasn't heard from him in quite some time and doesn't expect to anytime soon.

Kalea and her mother have never been close. Suffering from postpartum depression, later fueled by her daughter's tragic ability to predict what goes wrong in the world, Mrs. Hale has never trusted her only daughter, though Kalea would have loved to have a stronger relationship with her.

While raising Kalea, her father became incredibly close and protective of his daughter, as she had no mother to lean on. Because of this, Kalea was incredibly close to him. They spent much of their down time with one another, cherishing each laugh until the unfortunate day he passed away.

Yes. Kalea always knew there was something a bit peculiar about herself, as she always seemed to know things were going to go poorly before they happened. However, when she correctly predicted her father would die in a car accident, things quickly changed for her. She came to rely much more on her intuition and fought hard to change what fate might have in store.

On any given day, her pockets might be filled with discarded mint wrappers, which she claims help her think, a few spare coins, and her father's billfold, which she uses as her own.

Real life events. Kalea can't remember the last time she had a fantastical dream, like winged horses or a room full of water. Her dreams are always incredibly realistic, when she does remember them. This is most often what sets her off on a path to change what she deems the future, as they stick with her.

Kalea desperately wants to be accepted. Her mother would always get onto her when she had her intuitions, and people have always doubted her wherever she's gone. Though she's tried to push them away, her anxiety will rise until she focuses on them once again. She is torn between wanting to be a normal member of society without the cruelty of seeing nightmares and being able to be forewarned so she has the potential to stop them while being ostracized for her beliefs.

With the job she holds, she has been around more blood than she might care to admit. None of it has ever bothered her unless there's a fear that one of her friends is going to bleed out.

Faces, definitely. They show up everywhere, even if she doesn't know who they are. Countless times, faces of strangers or passersby have shown up in dreams and memories, leaving a very confused Kalea.

Her dollhouse, where she was in charge and could give everyone happy endings. Endless hours were spent setting up various happy families and drowning in her imagination, enthralled that someone could have it so good.

Relatively quickly. She feels invested in most people's lives that she comes across and has a calling to help anyone who is in need, whether nefarious or heroic.

Kalea loves them. They're full of openness and hope. She would love to someday be a parent, if ever given the chance.

Not well. She listens to what the other person has to say and attempts to come to some sort of agreement. If one cannot be made, she gets somewhat emotional, going to someone else for comfort from the situation.

She didn't listen to the world screaming at her to keep her father at home, smiling and waving at the window while internally she knew he was driving to his death.