AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

ArcaneWitch
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ-[ᴡᴀʀɴɪɴɢꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴠᴜʟɢᴀʀɪᴛʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀꜱ ʜᴇʜ]

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:22 am

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ
𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓉. 𝒵𝒶𝓋𝒾𝒶 𝒱𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓆𝓊𝑒𝓏

1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
XXXXXXX"Well, I guess you could count my brother, sadly I hate his guts and wouldn't mind
XXXXXXXto be the one to end his miserable existence. My other brothers and sister I could care less
XXXXXXXabout...well they're dead"

2. What is your character’s relationship like with their mother?
XXXXXXX"Mother? You mean the bitch that didn't want me and played favorites? Yeah, guess
XXXXXXXyou could call it 'great'!"

3. What is your character’s relationship like with their father?
XXXXXXX"Well, he kinda cared. Emphasis on the kinda"
4. Has there been any experience that drastically changed them? How so?
XXXXXXX"Being violated and/or constantly bullied by the people
XXXXXXXthat I called family? I mean that helped me fall off the
XXXXXXXedge"

5. What can typically be found in your character’s pockets or purse?
XXXXXXX"Something sharp, easy to hide and can kill anyone with
XXXXXXXno problem!"

6. Are there any recurring themes in your character’s dreams?
XXXXXXX"Horrifying memories, and the occasional fantasy of finding
XXXXXXXsomeone who can handle the insanity that is me."

7. What does your character desire most out of life?
XXXXXXX"Validation. I am not as weak as everyone thinks I am."
9. Is your character bothered by the sight of blood? If so, how badly?
XXXXXXX"Bothered? HA it makes me happy."
10. Does your character remember names or faces easier?
XXXXXXX"Names are just titles, faces however, you're stuck with
XXXXXXXthat ugly mug!"

11. What was your character’s favorite toy as a child?
XXXXXXX"I liked a doll, named her Sarah. She was later destroyed
XXXXXXXby the asshole brother I have."

12. How quick is your character to trust someone else?
XXXXXXX"Okay, if you think I will trust you just by saying 'Hi', you
XXXXXXXare sorely mistaken."

13. What does your character think of children?
XXXXXXX"Children...depends on the parent. For me, I don't think
XXXXXXXI would quite qualify as a good parent."

14. How does your character handle confrontation?
XXXXXXX"With a blade and a gun, can't take any chances to what
XXXXXXXthey are bringing to the fight."

15. What is the worst thing your character has done?
XXXXXXX"Murders, mutilation, abduction, possible stalking, and
XXXXXXXthe occasional fondling of male or female partners. You decide."
greyscale
White Belt
House: Vipera

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Seven

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 am

ImagexxImage

• 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
      Janna has three siblings, none of whom she's ever felt close to. There's her twin sister, Hanna, her older sister, Kamila, who is four years older, and her younger brother, Kasper, who is eleven years younger. Mostly she tended to fight with all of them, besides Kasper, who was too young to really get mad at.

It was decent until Janna's teenage years, where she developed a rage-fueled personality and no one could do anything right. Her mother was the only one who refused to roll over and take the abuse, and so they often fought heavily with each other, often ending with Janna running away for a night or two.

Distant, if anything. Janna doesn't even have very many memories of him, despite the fact he lived in the house and was happily married to her mother. He tended to stay away from his angry daughter, hiding when she had her outbursts.

In middle school, she was bullied for hanging out with boys instead of girls. One day, they forced her into the boy's bathroom, beat her up, and molested her. This spurred her angry side, unhappy with herself that she hadn't fought against them.

A pocket knife. Janna is always prepared for the worst-case scenario and will not be made a fool of again. There might also be a few hairbands, an assortment of band-aids, and a tube of lipstick.

Fire shows up a lot in Janna's dreams. Sometimes she's immune to the flames and can walk into a burning building and save the residents. Other times, it's chasing her through an endless field of burning grass, licking her shins if she stops to regain breath.

Janna wants to come off as strong and independent and would do anything to keep up this image of herself. She never stops going because of her desperate need to seem like a stone, and the fact that she's afraid if she stops, she'll never start again.

Not at all. There's nothing Janna hasn't already seen.

Honestly, both are incredibly difficult for her. She'll need a gentle reminder of both if she's already met you until it's been months or even years, depending how often she sees the person in question.

Her parents forced her to grow up with nothing but the 'girl' toys. Janna often stole Kasper's toy trucks and action figures, but they were always taken away. Her favorite thing was a light saber Kasper once got for Christmas.

It'd be lucky to ever gain Janna's trust. She's slow to open up to anyone, desiring to be a soldier instead of a friend. She's quite distant and will not discuss most things besides what needs to be done, as she's always looking for something new to work on.

They're awkward and germy. Janna doesn't know what to do in the presence of a child, not able to open up enough to play and joke around with anyone younger than twelve. After that, she just thinks they need to be taught.

Anger. If things don't go Janna's way, she lashes out with rage, unable to let her guard down enough to even be wrong. She's trying hardest to let this go and walk away, but it's a slow process.

Janna killed the family dog and lied about it. She wanted to see what death was like firsthand and would've killed someone at her school, but felt she would get caught if she tried this first. They still think Trooper ran away, and Janna still regrets it. She actually liked the goofy German Shepherd.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:56 pm

CHARACTERS USED: Daryl Karayan and Lilith Karayan
COLOR CODE: xxx -- Daryl; xxx -- Lilith
x
Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
xxx"My younger sister. She's my everything. I would do everything to protect her."
xxx"I have a brother, Daryl. He's seven years older than me and we're undeniably very close."

What is your character’s relationship like with their mother?
xxx"We're civilised towards one another. She cares for me and worries about my safety whenever I'm away from home for a long while."
xxx"Strained. She is very much like my father and only cares about how I "drag our family's name through the mud". We're not very close, honestly."

What is your character’s relationship like with their father?
xxx"I respect him. It's impossible to tell if the feeling is mutual, though."
xxx"It's bad. He's a controlling, selfish and proud man who doesn't care for his children."

Has there been any experience that drastically changed them? How so?
xxx"I lost my family to forces I can't win against. It's been difficult but the experiences have made me stronger and more determined."
xxx"My best friend was murdered. It changed me quite a bit and I'm not sure if that was for the best. It managed to break out my thirst for blood and revenge."

What can typically be found in your character’s pockets or purse?
xxx"Various magical artefacts, potions and other things that I might need in order to channel my magic or fight against anyone that stands in my way."
xxx"Not much. Money; lots of it. A few potions to keep me in shape and my foes below me. Some old scrolls if I haven't burned them yet."

Are there any recurring themes in your character’s dreams?
xxx"I don't dream."
xxx"Pain and suffering. Betrayal. Revenge."

What does your character desire most out of life?
xxx"I want to get my family back. And I want to be able to protect them this time."
xxx"I want to have my revenge against those who have ruined my life."

Is your character bothered by the sight of blood? If so, how badly?
xxx"No."
xxx"Not at all."

Does your character remember names or faces easier?
xxx"Names, definitely. Faces often don't convey the person's true feelings well enough."
xxx"Both. The one thing I'm proud of is my memory. I can never forget a face or a name if I've met the person at some point in life."

What was your character’s favourite toy as a child?
xxx"I don't think I had any toys when growing up. Our kind doesn't necessarily condone leisure."
xxx"I had a plush wolf as my favourite companion during those cold winter nights."

How quick is your character to trust someone else?
xxx"It takes a lot to gain my trust, I can tell you that. I rarely trust other people."
xxx"I don't trust anyone else anymore. Not even my brother. At least, not fully."

What does your character think of children?
xxx"Annoying and useless."
xxx"They ruin one's life. And they ruin their parents, too."

How does your character handle confrontation?
xxx"People are too afraid to confront me. It depends on how people approach me. At least, most of the time."
xxx"I pull out my swords and you can most likely guess what happens after that."

What is the worst thing your character has done?
xxx"I've cursed an heir of another clan to become obsessed with dark magic and the forbidden arts."
xxx"I've killed my parents and have slain my own kin. But most importantly, I've let down my brother."
Gamora
Black Belt

Character Interview [1]

Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:44 pm

• CHARACTERS USED; RAYLENE BLAKE x & SHELBY DENNIS x

1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
      "I never had any siblings growing up and my memories of my childhood were erased, so it's hard to recall."
      "I have a brother around my age. He's kind of an ass and addicted to drugs, but I still love him."

"From what I can remember, my mother was very caring and was the lovable one of the two. I wish I could remember her face."
      "My mother is my biggest supporter. She's always helping me out at the barn and dragging me to shows. She's my best friend and I don't know what I would do without her."

"My memories of him are more vague, but I do remember he was strict and nothing like the way a father should be."
      "He's not in my life anymore. I'll leave it at that."

"Well considering I am now half cyborg, I'd consider that a drastic change."
      "I try to remain humble and kind in all aspects of life, but getting into Rolex was a huge accomplishment that I have been working towards my whole life."

"I always have an extra glock and knife in my bag. And many more on me."
      "Probably horse hair, dirt, maybe a brush or two. My horses take over my life."

"I tend to dream about my past a lot. But thankfully I don't need much sleep and can avoid those."
      "Not that I can think of. I honestly just don't get much proper sleep, but if I do dream, it's usually about horses."

"I want to be human again. But that's not an option and pretty much impossible."
      "To live the rest of my life doing what I love; competing and riding horses."

"I slaughter people, so not, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'm kinda sadistic."
      "Not really. I had to deal with a lot of horse injuries so I'm pretty good in panic-type situations. i also love doctor shows like Grey's."

"Both. Perks to being a cyborg."
      "Faces hands down. You'll have to tell me your name a million times before I'll remember."

"As I said before, I don't remember much from my childhood. Good ol' brain wipe."
      "Breyer model horses. I used to play with those all the time and developed quite the collection. Not gonna lie, I still have many."

"My motto is 'trust no one' so take what you want from that"
      "Depends on the person. I'm pretty wary of opening my heart, though."

"I'll never have any so fuck off."
      "I love kids! Especially little riders. My future children will definitely be riding before they can walk."

"Confront me and I'll react violently. It's all I know and I like it that way."
      "I don't like it, but it's part of life. I handle it with maturity and don't let an argument last long."

"If you consider murdering people 'bad' then probably that. Though I enjoy it."
      "I'd probably have to write you a book. I have so many regrets of saying things that I shouldn't have. Nothing illegal though, I'm a good flower child."
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

rune.
Red Belt

AS Afflatus: Character interview [1]

Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:30 pm

CHARACTER INTERVIEW WITH ISANA LIONES
  • For my very first character interview, I have decided on interviewing Isana Liones, my main character in one of the longest roleplays I've ever done. This roleplay was based on the anime Nanatsu no Taizai, or Seven Deadly Sins and done with my dear friend Killua Godspeed. I absolutely enjoyed this 1 x 1 and am really attached to all of the characters, which is why I've chosen this character for the interview.

First of all, allow me to introduce her to you. Isana Liones fulfills the role of Elizabeth in the original series, the princess who searches for the seven deadly sins in order to save her kingdom from the holy knights who have overthrown it. In our roleplay Isana has the same goals, but her personality is completely different. She is a princess, yet if you were to see her, you wouldn't expect her to be one. At all. Messy hair, boyish clothes... She is a complete tomboy. Her personality reflects this as well. Loud, lacking in manners, a doer rather than a thinker. She is always filled with energy and ready to take on any challenge.

Anyway, rather than to answer the questions myself, I've invited Isana to let her answer the questions. Here is my report of our interview.

Hidden text.
    I look at the brown haired girl sitting in front of me before reading out the first question to her. "Do you have any siblings within your age group, and which one are you closest with?" This question seemed to have already touched upon a sensitive subject as I see her expression shift into a sorrowful one. "I have one sister. Naomi. She's two years older than me, nineteen. Honestly, we never got along that well. But I really do care about her!" I place a reassuring hand on her shoulder. You see, her sister is still missing. Suddenly I start feeling really bad for letting the roleplay die before she ever got to find her... I then nod, instructing her to continue. "She always really took her role as first in line for the throne very seriously. While I am- well, you know... She's really proper, exactly what you'd expect a princess to be? We kinda argued a lot because of our differences, but... I never really, hated her or anything." I decide that this is enough of an answer for this question, and continue to the next one.

I let out a sigh, wondering whether or not I should even be asking this question. I then decide to go through with it, although twisting the question around a little bit, in attempt to avoid sounding unaware of the horrible things that happened to her parents. In fact, that I let happen to them. Why do I always have to put my characters through so much suffering? "When you were young, what was your relationship like with your mother?" I finally ask her. I immediately start regretting not skipping over this question as Isana's expression gets even more depressed. "My... mom... Uhm... She wasn't always too happy with me. She used to scold me a lot whenever I sneaked out of the castle and came home with my clothes all dirty and torn up. I didn't really fit her idea of the ideal daughter, but still, she did care about me a lot. And I..." I can hear her voice crack as she begins to tear up. "I wish I told her... that I-" I pull her closer to me as she cries. "Let's just go on with the next question so you can put your mind on something else, alright?" She nods to my suggestion, after which I sit down again and read the next question on the sheet.

Reading this question, I start to feel so much regret for picking such a broken character. This would have been easier with someone who never had to go through anything horrible, but thinking about it, I don't think I've ever had any mercy on my characters. But, yeah... I'm not going to ask her this question after what just happened, so I'll answer this one for her. Basically, it's the same answer for her father, the king. He also tried his best to nurture Isana into a well behaved princess, but without any luck. He still cared about her though, despite his disappointment in her. When she was fourteen and her parents gave her the freedom to do what she wanted to, they finally began to see their daughter in a different perspective, and felt proud once they saw her bravery. Alright, I hope this answer informs you enough. Let's move on.

Hmm, this one has so many possible answers, I wonder which one she will pick? "Okay, so for the next question; has there been any experience that drastically changed you, and how so?" Isana stares at me, wiping away her tears. "Uhm..." I smile at her, as if I try to encourage her to make this answer a positive one. Finally I see a bit of a smile breaking through on her face. "That's not a hard question! It's when I met Akane, of course!" Akane is the leader of the seven deadly sins, and the other protagonist of the roleplay. "Ever since I met her, I've learned so much about the world outside of my kingdom, places I never got to see during my life in the castle! Not to mention, the bonds I made! Thanks to her, I now have seven friends who always support me. I wouldn't know what to do without them!" I smile at her, thankful that she turned this interview into something more positive.

Bless forlorn for putting some lighter questions in this interview! I look at the girl sitting in front of me, the big smile on her face filling me with joy. "For the next one; what can typically be found in your pockets or purse?" "Ah, that's easy to answer!" she says, seemingly relieved as well for question five being not as heavy for her. "It's just the jewelry I took with me when I escaped from the castle when it got taken over. I use it to pay for all the stuff we need on our journey, like food or a hotel room. That's about it, really. I'm not really one to carry stuff with me all the time. And I don't have a purse, either." "You don't own anything important that you carry with you, I mean as in, something with sentimental worth, like a pocket watch with the date that you-" "Nope!" "Okay, cool! Moving on."

I begin reading question six out loud. "Are there any recurring themes in your dreams?" I see her think for a while, before finally opening her mouth. "Uhm, well... To be honest, I've been having a lot of nightmares lately. I think... about every night nowadays? Dunno, but it's not as bad as it sounds! I usually don't even remember much from them, other than feeling worried about my friends.. But then I realize it's just a dream, and it's okay." I'm relieved to hear that despite the horrors I put her through, her dreams don't have too much of an effect on her.

"What do you desire most out of life?" I ask the princess, who still appears to be in a good mood. "What I desire most out of life?" She smiles widely at me. "I'm not really that much of an ambitious person. As long as the people I care about are happy, I'm happy. I don't need anything else." "I see, I see... That's cute. Let's move on."

I immediately notice that question eight is missing. Oh well. "Are you bothered by the sight of blood and if so, how badly?" The tomboy takes on a more serious expression. "I've seen it a lot during my journey with the sins. Actually, those guys always get themselves hurt so it's really not a rare sight anymore... It never really bothered me, really. It doesn't make me feel sick or anything, just worried depending on how bad it is." Alright.

"Do you remember names or faces easier?" I ask the girl next. She stares at me for a bit as she thinks up her answer, before letting out a short laughter. "Names really aren't my strongest point, to be honest!" I don't blame her. All those Japanese names in our roleplay must be hard for someone to remember the first time they hear them. "But faces? I'll never forget a face." "Hmm, is that so?" I question. "Haha well... most of the time at least!"

"What was your favorite toy as a child?" I ask for question ten. "Toys, huh..." she begins to mutter. "All the toys my parents gave me were typical girls' toys, like dolls and stuff. Can't say they were my favorite, but I enjoyed cutting their hair off. Most of the time I was playing with objects that weren't meant to be played with, and my parents would scold me again whenever they found out I broke one of their prized possessions again, like that antique vase that belonged in the family for generations when I was five... Woops." She begins to laugh as she thinks back of that day, and I laugh with her.

"How quick are you to trust someone else?" Isana looks at me, a little unsure what to answer. "Uhm, I don't know? I trust people when I feel like I can trust them. So, not really that quick, I guess?" She looks at me as if she expects me to be able to answer the question for her, but even as her creator, I'm not really sure either.

I'm genuinely curious about this one as I start to read it out loud. "What do you think of children?" "Children? Children are cool! They're so much fun to play with!" I can see why she likes them. She must be feeling appreciative how much in common she has with them. They're usually much simpler and easier to understand for her than people within her age group. "What do you think about having children?" I then ask to spice things up a little. "Having children? I... I never thought about it, really!" From her behavior, I can see this question made her a little nervous. "Really now, you've never once thought about having them with a certain someone?" A wink accompanies my comment. "N-no?!" "I know you did." "N-n-n-n-o I haven't!!!" I laugh at the flustered Isana before moving on.

"How do you handle confrontation?" Isana pouts at me as I read out the question, clearly angry with me for teasing her. "Are we almost done yet?!" "Just one more after this." She sighs. "So, how do you handle con-" "I don't feel like doing this anymore." "We're almost done though... But how do you-" "Hurry up." "I'm trying but you keep interrupting me!" "Pfft. What was the question again?" "How you handle confrontation. "Ah... I just handle it. Head on. No running away. Next!"

I sigh as I regret making her this salty at me. "Last one. What's the worst thing you've done?" She doesn't seem too pleased to end this on such a difficult question. "I once punched a kid in the face for taking my lollipop when I was little. Is that... bad enough?" Hmm... "Is that really the worst thing you've done?" She shrugged in response. "Dunno. Are we done yet?" Yet again I sigh. She really isn't going to work along with this anymore, is she? So, I decide to give up. "Fine... We're done." She shoots out of her chair and walks to the door. "Uh... thanks?" As to answer this question...
    Shortly after I started writing out my report last night, forlorn announced that we're now allowed to do two character interviews. Expect another one to be up soon. Maybe. If I can decide on who to interview next. Someone who's parents are actually alive this time... If I even have characters like that.
Deer
Silver Belt

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:34 pm

Character Interview
      • He scoffed, eyes rolling as he sat down on the chair in front of you. “This is pathetic” he started, clearly not amused about being here. “It will be good to give you insight, Matthew.” you said, trying to reassure him a little bit. He seemed to be tense, his whole posture was emitting his pent up emotions. “Let’s just get this over with.” he snapped, sounding quite condescending but you knew him long enough by now to know that was just how Matthew was. He couldn’t help it, no matter how hard he tried.

Turning your gaze down to your noteblock, you took a deep breath before starting on the questionnaire. It was important to find out more about him. “Do you have any siblings close in age? If yes, which one are you closest to?” You could see him grow more and more annoyed as seconds passed, clearly the first question already struck a nerve. “I have a brother. His name is Tyler, and he is seven years younger. Not really close in age, I know. I’m not exactly close to him. He does stupid shit all the time. Next question, please.” His feet was starting to tap impatiently on the floor, signalling for you to move on.

“How is your relationship with your mother?”

If glares could kill you were dead already. He twisted a bit in the chair, eyeing the door as if he was contemplating to just stand up and leave. “What mother?” he scoffed. “My parents separated when I was seven, just after Tyler was born. Never seen her since.” he was quick to dismiss this question as well. You could feel some anxiety throb in your throat, knowing that the next question wouldn’t be liked as well.

“And your father? How is your relationship with him?”

“Fa-fucking-fabulous” Matthew breathed out, sarcasm layering his voice. “We were alright until I got troubles with my angers. At times he provoked me too much so I moved out the moment I could. He never understood me.” Sitting up straight, he was about to stand up. “If all of your questions are this stupid I am just going to leave.”

“Matthew…” your voice seemed to soothe him, causing for him to settle back down. “Is there any moment where you felt you drastically changed? When was that?” For some reason his face softened, a soft smile appearing on his lips as he gazed at his feet. “I did. I fell in love.” he said with a boyish smirk on his face. “She is an angel, she makes me a better person. I do this stupid shit all the time but she makes it worth it to just try and… not do anything stupid, y’know? ” he chuckled, scratching his head. “I’m so pathetic right now.”

“Moving on, what can be found in your pockets?” you felt bad interrupting his bliss, but somewhere you needed to work through the list. He reached in the pockets of his pants, dumping several objects on the table in front of him. “Phone, wallet, cigarettes, Mary Jane.” he said, barely showing the objects before putting them back in his pockets, as if he was almost afraid you would confiscate his stuff.

“How about your dreams? Are there any recurring themes?” He shook his head, watching you. “I don’t really dream that often. I do hallucinate at times but that is for a whole other reason.” he chuckled quietly, not really wanting to stay on the subject for too long, that was clear.

“What is your biggest desire?” The boyish grin returned to his face again, the man scratching the back of his head. Remaining silent, he let out another chuckle. “Marry her. Marry her, settle down and perhaps start a family. When I am ready of course. Right now I can’t be a dad, I’m too explosive. But, just the thought of having children, and becoming old with her… That’s all I want. Plus I want to manage my anger, in order to be a perfect husband… Damn, I sound like a softie.”

“If you’re such a softie I doubt you can handle blood very well.” You continued your questions, glad you had found an easy bridge to continue. “Not at all. I encounter blood too often for my likings, honestly. I tend to hit walls and what not when I get angered and then I injure myself. Not to mention I tend to get into fights quite often, even if I don’t really take that story home. It would hurt my girlfriend to know I beat people up more often as I’d like to do.”

“What is easier to remember? Faces or names?”
        “Faces, definitely. I suck at names, but I can remember faces quite well. Probably because I well, I aim for the face at times.” he shrugged, grabbing a cigarette from his pocket to light it. You didn’t say a thing about it, as he probably needed it right at the point.

“And as a child, what was your favorite toy?”
        It seemed to be a hard question for him, the man remaining silent, eyebrows furrowing together into a frown. “That’s a tough one. I think I liked my Toy Story action figures the most. Or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Those were awesome.” he was nodding, as if to confirm his own thoughts.

“How fast are you to trust someone?”
        “Trust someone? I’m as fast as a snail. I never trust anyone.” he said, tapping some ash off his cigarette. “I think I didn’t trust my girlfriend for the first three to four months I knew her. It was only when we started dating that I slowly started to open up to her. People have pulled shit on me too many times. I’m reserved because of that. Frankly, she is the only one I would trust with my life. She is always there for me and...” he caught himself, turning back to you. “... I’m drifting off, my apologies.”

“That’s alright, Matthew. So, tell me, what are your thoughts on children?”
        “Like I said before, I’d love to have children of my own one day. But other people’s children are obnoxious as fuck at times. They yell and scream and shout… Well, I do that too at times but you get what I mean. So, somewhere I am neutral I guess? I don’t see a lot of children on the daily basis.”

“Sounds fair. And what about confrontations. How do you handle those?”
        “Not very well. I get angry, start hitting and throwing and shouting things. I don’t want to do it but I just can’t help myself at times. I’m like a bull; once I’m angry I’m not stopping with whatever you try. The only person able to calm me down is my girlfriend. Without her, everything would be so much worse.”

“What’s the worst thing you have ever done?”
        He finished off his cigarette, pushing it out before he stood up. Grabbing his jacket, he put it on, making himself ready to leave. “Matthew?”
        “I can’t say.” he murmured, heading over to the door. “I wish I could but I can’t say.” And with that, the man left, just as angry and tensed up as he had entered a long time ago.
toast
Gold Belt
House: Sagacitas

AS Afflatus: Character Interview I.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:41 pm

ImageImage
CHARACTER INTERVIEW
GARRETT MARQUIS
  • 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
    Garrett has a younger sister named Alaina. They were close as children but after a series of childhood traumas caused by her, he has grown to resent and fear her. He avoids speaking to and about her now.

He was pretty darn close to his mother when he was growing up. She was always the one he would seek out when he was struggling with anything and he gets a lot of his humor and habits from her. He took a gap year before he went to college to help her, but when he actually left he slowly started contacting her less. Even still, he talks to her most out of his whole family and dislikes that isolating himself from her is the best way to keep himself together.

Despite being more distant from his father, Garrett still has a positive relationship with him. When he was a kid, his father would often help him with things in the backyard that Garrett insisted on doing, mostly planting a ton of rose bushes along the back fence. He was the biggest supporter of Garrett's volleyball interest.

There are numerous, starting from a young age. His sister killed a lot of things, which were often left for him to find and/or
    deal with. It forced him to learn how to deal with things even when he's in the midst of a panic, but it also caused him to fear and resent his own family, even if he doesn't quite realize it. He was made to choose his family unit over himself and kind of suppressed his own feelings on the matter, which leads to unaddressed issues later in his life and terrible coping mechanisms.

Garrett doesn’t usually carry things besides his phone in his pocket and wallet, but his backpack is usually equipped with snacks (a bit junky in nature), extra pencils, a water bottle, and bulk bought scantrons, in addition to the rest of his school things (binder, notebooks, etc.) His sports bag has his volleyball equipment, extra water bottles, even more snacks (healthier this time), a well insulated jacket, and a pair of sweats.

He has a lot of issues with recalling suppressed or avoided memories in his dreams, as well as dreams about his anxieties and insecurities. Definitely has good dreams about talking dogs

He mostly just wants to be allowed to change the things that his sister did when they were kids, and to absolve himself of the guilt of being an accomplice. Other than that, he wants to look at dinosaur bones, own eighty one dogs, and reach a point in his life where having and maintaining a family doesn't seem utterly impossible (aka hint to his aloof boyfriend to put a ring on it u big dummy)

He used to be when he was younger, but eventually got exposed to it enough that he's been a bit desensitized by it. Now it's just sort of a thing that he needs to deal with, and while he genuinely would like to not have to deal with it, if he comes across it in his day to day life then he's not going to faint or anything.

He's pretty good at remembering both, but he's more inclined to remember faces to the point where he can pick someone out from far away if he knows them. That tends to be after he's known them a while though, and he doesn't always remember their names. Can remember enough to remember the first letter and can probably get pretty close if he thinks about what it is.

His father had a chocolate lab from before his parents got married and she was super old by the time Garrett was born. She lived long enough for him to love her and when she finally passed away, they got him a stuffed toy that looked like her and told him that was how she could stay close to him. He still cherishes the dog immensely, and took it with him to college, where he keeps her on a bookshelf. Her name is Cookie, after their beloved pet.

He's almost too quick to trust people. He puts a lot of faith in his superiors and even though his trust keeps leading him astray, he's still inclined to give it to others. He's a fast learner when it comes to academics, always asking a ton of questions, but he rarely stops to think that maybe the people he surrounds himself with should also be questioned.

Garrett loves kids, but he doesn't necessarily think he's ready for them. He doesn't really confront a lot of the issues that he has, but he is smart enough to know that he's not in a state where he's capable of raising a child, mostly because he's not living alone in a place that's child safe and can't dedicate the proper time to being a father but subconsciously because he knows he's not in the right mindset for one. That being said, he is always willing to babysit and enjoyed the times when he would go see his younger cousins.

To put it nicely, he fucking hates it. He's not really an aggressive person, and is more likely to let people walk all over him. His issues are solved through quiet conversation, through other people dealing with them for him, or through the most common choice of ignoring them completely.

Attending the college he chose to attend. Had it not been for that, he likely would not have had to suffer through a lot of what he suffered through as a child since his sister's habits were nurtured by a professor there. But on the flip side, attending that college leads on him a very roundabout journey to being ok with everything that did happen, he just has to lose some of his own morals to get there.
Savannah-the-Caracal
Black Belt
House: Amaranthine

Character Interview || Song of the Savannah

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:42 pm

Song of the Savannah Character Interview! Image 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
Song of the Savannah is a lone cub, so no siblings to speak of.
Very good, Savannah's mother (Song of Falling Rain) had a twisted hind leg, and so she stayed in the nursery all the time to help care for the cubs, while the other mothers were out hunting or patrolling.
Not that good, her father (Light on the Savannah) was often out of the camp, patrolling, hunting, or as part of peace treaties to the other tribes.
Though she doesn't know the technical term, Savannah was poached from Africa at the age of thirteen moons (months) she was then sold to a human to be their pet, and she was trapped there for five months, before she finally managed to escape. She ended up on the streets, and met an albino serval named Heart of Ice who also had been poached. Savannah fell in love with the tomcat, only to have her heart broken when she revealed to him she was expecting his cubs, and wanted to live and travel with him. Ice lashed out at her, permanently scarring the left side of her face. Because of this, Savannah is wary of new beings, and it is very hard for her to trust anyone, especially toms(males).
N/A - she is a cat so....no pockets/purses XD
Returning to Africa, Tearing Heart of Ice to shreds
To hunt down Heart of Ice and kill him.
Not at all
names typically
A feather from an Egret that her father killed
uh...well if by quick then you mean she knows every little detail about them and has encountered them reguarly for at least six months? well then sure she's quick.
(not really no, she trusts no one, unless she knows like...everything there is to know about them, and sees them often enough to feel safe around them, and feels safe having them near her cubs)

She loves her own three cubs (Heart of the Thrush, Branch of Pine, and Song of the Ice) and she tolerates other young beings
Claws first, no mercy
hmmm...probably when she was a kid, she snuck fire ants into one of the prisoners nests because she didn't want them in the camp. Also because her cousin dared her to.
Privateer Speed
Green Belt

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 am

faceclaim : Colin Ford
Jason Anderson
Eighteen, Male, Bisexual
Youtuber, Professional Gamer
___________________ 1. Does your character have siblings within their age group? Which one are they closest with?
Jason has no siblings sadly
Not that good, Jason's mother (Grace) was very against him becoming a Youtuber for a living, and wants him to find something better to do with his life
Jason's dad is the kind of dad that, though they may not like what their kid is doing, or how they're doing it, they'll stick with them till the end. And that is just how to describe Taylor Anderson (Jason's father) Though Taylor is like Grace in the fact that he thinks Jason's being a youtuber is going to backfire on him in the end, he has always been there to support him, and as such he and Jason are very close.
Probably deciding to become a youtuber/professional gamer. It caused him to split away from his mother, but it was (in his opinion) the best choice Jason ever made.
A pair of earbuds, random coins, some gum, a pen
Playing Minecraft with famous Youtubers like DanTDM, StacyPlays.
Also dreams where he is Link in Legend of Zelda seem to pop up a lot

To be a famous youtuber (like...really famous)
Given he has a weekly video where he plays games his viewers suggest and a lot of them are zombie or combat games, he's actually not that bothered by it. He'll get a little queasy at the smell, but other than that he's fine.
voices
Names stick easier with him, because as a Youtuber/Gamer, there are a lot of usernames that are absolutely crazy, but he just takes them in stride, memorizing names after seeing them four or five times.

A plushy of Pikachu, he kept the thing at his side 24/7 for almost two years.
He still has it too, it sits on his couch, and can just barely be seen in the videos where he's at his computer.

Almost instantly. Which leads to a lot of stolen diamonds in Minecraft servers.
He's really good with them, and likes taking care of them.
Let's just say Jason cannot lie...like, at all. He is literally the worst liar ever.
So he pretty much just blabs everything he knows as fast as he possibly can

Jason hasn't really done anything that terrible. He does a lot of pranks though, his best probably being:
When he was at a friends house to do some tournament gaming, Jason switched the dude's green hair dye with the hot pink hair dye. The guy was so tired that when he re-applied the dye, he didn't even notice until his girlfriend pointed it out to him.
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus: Character Interview - April S. Montello

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:47 pm

ImageImage
Character Interview
x

April is the oldest of five with three (3) younger brothers and one (1) younger sister. In order: April, Griffin, Finley, Rupert, Indigo. April is two (2) years older than Griffin, seven (7) years older than Finley, nine (9) years older than Rupert, and ten (10) years older than Indigo. She and Griffin are close to each other, simply due to how close in age they are. Ever since Finley was born, she's always helped her parents take care of the children as much as she could and would often spend many nights babysitting them instead of going out with friends. She's very close to all her siblings and has acted like a second mother to them.

April adores her mother. As a child, she used to spend most of her time with her father, but as she grew, she started to spend more and more time with her mother as well. April has a special place for the two of them and if asked who she loved more, she honestly wouldn't be able to tell you. She tries to help her mother out in any way she can and often goes to her for any advice she needs. Her mother is like her best friend and she keeps nothing from her for the most part.

April is extremely close with her father and could even be called a Daddy's Girl. For at least ten years of her life, she was the only girl the family had and therefore, she was spoiled. As a young girl, she loved curling up in his lap while he read to her and would always be the first of her siblings to run up and wrap her arms around him when he came home from work. As she grew older and started caring more for the family, she grew fussy over her father as well. Overall, April adores her family and wouldn't change a thing about it.

There has not been any experience that has drastically changed April.

Car and house keys, chapstick, maybe some medication, bandages, money/wallet/credit cards. A couple of pens, her phone. Normal stuff.

No recurring themes in April's dreams. For the most part, she doesn't remember what she dreamt about unless it was something very unusual or odd.

April simply wants to be happy. She wants to be able to find the person she loves - and who loves her just as much - and settle down with them so she can start a family. Luckily for her, she's been able to find that. April never would have thought she would have grown to fall in love with Jeremy, an intolerably grumpy man, yet here she is, in her mid-twenties, married to him with two children. She is well aware of the fact that she's got him wrapped around her finger and that he would do near anything - if not everything - she asked him to do for her. The same could be said about her - she'd do anything in order to ensure he was happy. She is extremely grateful for the opportunity she had to meet him and even more so for the fact that they were forced to spend time together. April was lucky on her first try and she honestly wouldn't change a thing about where she is in life now.

She is bothered by excessive blood, gore, guts, and the like. Meaning, if she sees such a scene in a movie, she'll cringe and bury her face against Jeremy's shoulder while peeking out. She can handle little things, like knife cuts and any injuries on her children. Excessive torture scenes, guts, gore? Nope.

Faces. She'll recognize a person, but not be able to place their name if they haven't had a whole lot of interaction in the past or if she's only seen them in passing but never spoken to them. Once she's spoken to someone for a good period of time, she can typically easy remember their names or something close to it.

April had this little stuffed rabbit she loved carrying around with her everywhere as a girl. Lulu - the stuffed rabbit - had been her best friend, back then. In fact, she still has it. She just doesn't carry it around like before and isn't willing to give it up at all, considering the fact that it was a gift from her grandparents. She keeps it tucked away nice and safe until her daughter is old enough to take care of the stuffed toy before giving it to her, as she doesn't want the rabbit to rip.

April isn't one to be suspicious of someone, but that doesn't mean she'd open up about herself entirely right from the get go. However, she is always friendly and tends to look for the good in people rather than the bad. Thankfully she does, otherwise she probably wouldn't have had the patience to handle Jeremy and his rude, grumpy behavior nor would she likely have given him a chance or make an effort to befriend him.

She adores them. April has two children of her own - a son and daughter - and is even a teacher.

April tries to avoid it if she can. She doesn't enjoy escalating situations if it can easily be handled in a calm, professional, and orderly way. If someone confronts her, she'll likely try to go about it in a calm manner and try to handle the situation.

Stole Jeremy's heart? Honestly, probably nothing major. The worst thing April may have done is getting into fights with her siblings -
    especially Griffin - and accidentally hurting him in one of those said fights.