Character interview 1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
"I am very happy to say yes! My daughter Amber. She's such a cutie! Asriel and I spoil her. Actually, everyone kind of does..."
"Very true! *laughing* I like to think Lily, my adopted daughter, is dependent on me, but, like me, she's pretty independent, so... Yes?"
2. Is there anyone your character is dependent on? How and why?
"Oh most definitely. I couldn't live without Asriel; he's my everything. *pause* Okay, maybe I could, but it would take me a while. I really love him... He was the first to show me kindness outside my home."
"No, not really. Like I said, I'm pretty independent."
3. How seriously does your character take the words ‘I love you’?
"Saying it or hearing it? Either way, I take it pretty seriously. Growing up like I did, it wasn't something I ever heard until I moved in with Toriel. I know that when someone says it, they mean it."
"Kinda like Kat, but maybe less so. I mean, there's so many meanings to it."
4. What does your character think will happen to them once they die?
"I.... haven't thought about that, honestly. I hope nothing bad. I hope I'll at least still be able to watch everyone..."
"Ditto to what Kat said, but I hope I don't find out for at least a century."
(monsters live longer than humans XD)
5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
"People always tell me I deserve it, but I just feel uncomfortable with that. I feel better if I earn it."
"Kinda both? I mean, sometimes yeah, I feel like I deserve it, but other times, earning it is better."
6. How does your character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)?
"I hope I treat them well. I mean, there's no reason to be unkind to people if they haven't given you reason."
"I like chatting with them. They have pretty interesting stories sometimes."
7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
"Uh.... *glance at each other*"
"I mean, yes, we're monsters, but technically we're also animals...?"
"You're making my head hurt; stahp."
8. How does your character behave around people they like or want to impress?
"Usually I'm just more open with them. I try to be nice to everyone, but things happen sometimes and... Well."
"Sometimes I think I push my limits, but other than that, I think I'm pretty chill.
9. How does your character behave around people they dislike?
"I usually just try to avoid them, but if I have to be with them, I'm usually just silent. Sometimes that says more than anything else. *seems distant*"
"Yeah, no. Claws are comin' out, buddy."
10. How does your character handle criticism?
"Depends. I mean, I know I'm not perfect - far from it, in fact. I like to think I handle it well."
"(She does, so long as it's not too hurtful. If it is, well...) I'm like Kat here. Usually I can just brush it off and stuff.
11. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable.
"Dark places. Like, pitch black. Night-dark doesn't bother me, but pitch black will send me into a panic attack more often than not. Also sometimes sunrises. Depends on if they're shrieking and how badly."
"Stuck between romances. Don't get me wrong - I love watching people in love, but being ace just kinda... no."
(It's a crossover of sorts; they ended up in Night Vale.)
12. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely comfortable.
"Cuddling with Asriel, Mom, Ky, Dad, Kaylee, Keili, Kelly, Neal, Noah, or Nolan. Or Amber. Or Talia. Just cuddling in general, so long as it's with someone I know and like. Although, Asriel actually has pictures of me sitting in a basket of laundry I just.... *continues chatting*"
"*talking over Kat* Chilling with Brooke and Tamika, watching movies, sitting in front of a piano, chatting with a new client over their tattoo... There's not a lot where I'm not very comfortable."
13. What influence did your character’s father have on them?
Both visibly darken.
"He's the reason behind many of my old scars. Kayla was the one who enforced the rules, but Nick was the one who carried out the punishments more often than not."
"Remember me saying that I added to Kat's abuse? Yeah. I blame him."
14. What influence did your character’s mother have on them?
15. What would your character’s spirit animal be and why?
"Uh... Well, again, we kind of are animals, but... If I had to choose, probably a bunny. They're cute, fluffy, and timid, but swift and good at digging. I am neither of those, but hey, no one's counting, right?"
"Definitely a wolf. They're pack animals and fierce hunters and fighters. They support one another in a great network."