AS Afflatus: Issue Eight

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Did you read the ‘Reminders & Point System’ post on page 2?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 34
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Eight

Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:37 am

(I put the picture in a spoiler because it's big ^^; sorry)
Hidden text.
Character interview
1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
"I am very happy to say yes! My daughter Amber. She's such a cutie! Asriel and I spoil her. Actually, everyone kind of does..."
"Very true! *laughing* I like to think Lily, my adopted daughter, is dependent on me, but, like me, she's pretty independent, so... Yes?"

2. Is there anyone your character is dependent on? How and why?
"Oh most definitely. I couldn't live without Asriel; he's my everything. *pause* Okay, maybe I could, but it would take me a while. I really love him... He was the first to show me kindness outside my home."
"No, not really. Like I said, I'm pretty independent."

3. How seriously does your character take the words ‘I love you’?
"Saying it or hearing it? Either way, I take it pretty seriously. Growing up like I did, it wasn't something I ever heard until I moved in with Toriel. I know that when someone says it, they mean it."
"Kinda like Kat, but maybe less so. I mean, there's so many meanings to it."

4. What does your character think will happen to them once they die?
"I.... haven't thought about that, honestly. I hope nothing bad. I hope I'll at least still be able to watch everyone..."
"Ditto to what Kat said, but I hope I don't find out for at least a century."
(monsters live longer than humans XD)

5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
"People always tell me I deserve it, but I just feel uncomfortable with that. I feel better if I earn it."
"Kinda both? I mean, sometimes yeah, I feel like I deserve it, but other times, earning it is better."

6. How does your character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)?
"I hope I treat them well. I mean, there's no reason to be unkind to people if they haven't given you reason."
"I like chatting with them. They have pretty interesting stories sometimes."

7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
"Uh.... *glance at each other*"
"I mean, yes, we're monsters, but technically we're also animals...?"
"You're making my head hurt; stahp."

8. How does your character behave around people they like or want to impress?
"Usually I'm just more open with them. I try to be nice to everyone, but things happen sometimes and... Well."
"Sometimes I think I push my limits, but other than that, I think I'm pretty chill.

9. How does your character behave around people they dislike?
"I usually just try to avoid them, but if I have to be with them, I'm usually just silent. Sometimes that says more than anything else. *seems distant*"
"Yeah, no. Claws are comin' out, buddy."

10. How does your character handle criticism?
"Depends. I mean, I know I'm not perfect - far from it, in fact. I like to think I handle it well."
"(She does, so long as it's not too hurtful. If it is, well...) I'm like Kat here. Usually I can just brush it off and stuff.

11. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable.
"Dark places. Like, pitch black. Night-dark doesn't bother me, but pitch black will send me into a panic attack more often than not. Also sometimes sunrises. Depends on if they're shrieking and how badly."
"Stuck between romances. Don't get me wrong - I love watching people in love, but being ace just kinda... no."
(It's a crossover of sorts; they ended up in Night Vale.)

12. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely comfortable.
"Cuddling with Asriel, Mom, Ky, Dad, Kaylee, Keili, Kelly, Neal, Noah, or Nolan. Or Amber. Or Talia. Just cuddling in general, so long as it's with someone I know and like. Although, Asriel actually has pictures of me sitting in a basket of laundry I just.... *continues chatting*"
"*talking over Kat* Chilling with Brooke and Tamika, watching movies, sitting in front of a piano, chatting with a new client over their tattoo... There's not a lot where I'm not very comfortable."

13. What influence did your character’s father have on them?
Both visibly darken.
"He's the reason behind many of my old scars. Kayla was the one who enforced the rules, but Nick was the one who carried out the punishments more often than not."
"Remember me saying that I added to Kat's abuse? Yeah. I blame him."

14. What influence did your character’s mother have on them?
"See Nick."

15. What would your character’s spirit animal be and why?
"Uh... Well, again, we kind of are animals, but... If I had to choose, probably a bunny. They're cute, fluffy, and timid, but swift and good at digging. I am neither of those, but hey, no one's counting, right?"
"Definitely a wolf. They're pack animals and fierce hunters and fighters. They support one another in a great network."
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Interview: Issac

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:38 pm

Isaac Leon Wagner
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Isaac wouldn't think so but his sisters, no matter how much they are mean and rude to him, for have a innate need for him to be around if something happens to their father. Issac also has the power to prevent his youngest siblings from being groomed the way the oldest of his sisters already has been.

As much as he doesn't want to be defendant on his fsmily, his pride, and wants to have one if his own even if only to escape he is right now more defendant on them than he had been two months previously. That fall he took, even though it's temporary effects have left him near fully at their mercy. It would be difficult to even leave he house without a little help.

With his family those words have always felt like a lie and he can't help but wonder if it will always be that way even when he takes his own mates and has a pride on his own.

Issac doesn't have much in the way of spiritual beliefs. Death is death. You are released from the pain of life and returned to the earth; Where we essentially become plant food over time. It's not romantic but it's what he believes.

5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?

Issac knows he must fight to gain anything in life. That's just how things are for his kind. Unfortunately for him he does not want to fight, disliking the idea of hurting another to begin with but to gain a unwilling mate in that fashion disgusts him. He would rather be chosen than to have to ever gain a mate in that fashion. Cubs.. Cubs he might make an exception for. If only because he knows the way he and his sisters have been raised is not uncommon for his kind and he doesn't want to see it perpetuate.

Issac loves going to cafe's and wouldn't think to be rude to his servers. They treat him kindly and handle his food. Before his accident he even worked at one of his favorite spots for a little and is still on good terms and a first name basis with the owner. A young woman with three very young children already and another clearly on the way. Issac is very impressed by her though she would be unsuitable for him to court.

7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?

The human animals are the ones he fears most even if he lives among them but he has also had a few unpleasant experiences with domestic dogs acting aggressively toward him and domestic cats well they just always seem to be stareing at him. One if the best ways to make Issac uncomfortable is to do just that. Stare.

If he isn't feeling confidant that he can impress he will act more shy, pulling away but remaing polite. Offending the person really won't impress them so he will do his best to avoid that. However if he is more confident that he can make a good impression he can be prideful and boast a little too much. He will flirt but be assertive while doing so. Lions win over their mates often stealing them from others while this is not within Isaac's ideals it is in his instincts.

While he would rather avoid direct confrontation he will try to intimidate the other into standing down or moving off if pushed and if pushed even further Issac will fight.

He can take most critical comments in stride even appreciating constructive criticism now that he has learned to recognise it. His family gives him a great deal of criticism and the common but popular misconception that he was born a she has given him additional hurtful criticisms to deal with.

The ones that make him the most uncomfortable are the ones where he is forced to witness his father interacting in suspicious ways with his sisters. The guise if stay at home father has him well liked in the community but the level of closeness that the elder male shares with his girls sends shivers up Isaac's back at the same time he get upset that he was never given the same affections. He was never invited to sit in his father's lap or given bedtime stories, forehead kisses or lovingly taken care of when he had fallen sick. Instead he had often been told he was a bourdon and pushed away.

Alone but around others in a scenario where he feels is a safe place and he is as far from the center if attention as possible. It goes against his nature to be fully solitary as it does to be monogamous. He often finds these safe places to be in coffee houses. School can offer points of refuge too but far less frequently.

Isaac's father is everything Isaac should aspire to be. The man has a small successful pride and has stayed off the radar of human social workers who are known to frequently interfere and even break up prides. Lion shifters are few globally for this reason. Issac however is not impressed and would rather not take after his father. Maybe because he was raised in such close proximity to humans and their morals but some of the natural inclinations of his father make Issac sick. For example he would never, never consider adding any of his own Cubs as a mate. A act he things may have already taken place with the eldest of his sisters.

Issac has more respect for his mother as she goes out and earns the money to support the pride and had to bare all four of his siblings plus himself. She also does the shopping and most of the house work. She has a demanding job in healthcare yet finds time to care for all of his sisters and sometimes him too. Even if she still calls him Izzy he thinks she is the better role model of the two he was given.

That's a little more difficult while he lives up to most of the aspects given to Lions he does not fully identify with his own species. So perhaps his spirit animal should be some creature known for its wisdom? A owl or perhaps a feisty old baboon not afraid to wack some sense into Issac. Tell the boy to stop dreaming and start acting. He can't escape his home life and start a pride of his own if he doesn't act.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt

Interview: Vivi

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:39 pm

Vivi

Their trainer of course depends on them. The rest if their team too. Both trainer and team are all very young so it's important they all work together.

Their trainer and the rest of their team as stated above. Until there journey began they were also defendant on their mother a leafeon.

Vivi doesn't understand many human words yet ad such actions mean far more to them. Kind words mixed with some attention and a treat mean far more than just three words ever could.

They don't even have a proper concept of what death is yet. No one they have been close to has died.

To an extent Vivi has learned to earn things they want. Including attention from their trainer. Hard work brings rewards like delicious treats and pretty stones.

Vivi loves going into places like cafes the kind people working in those places usually have treats got good pokémon like them.

While Vivi was mostly successful in their first encounter with a Ursa the damage taken has left mental scars. Ursa now frighten the young pokémon more than other perspective opponents or wild pokémon.

Vivi will be playful even going do far as to nuzzle or offer high fives, a new trick recently learned, to gain favorable attention.

Vivi has little reason to dislike anyone so far, but they are young and naive. Growl is their initial instinct if the person or pokémon seems like they might be a threat to them self or their trainer. A bite would follow or maybe a dousing in cold water.

Again Vivi understands few human words but on learning they had disappointed another would be upset and try to make it up I some small and possibly misguided way.

Being sent out in a battle against a Ursa. Not only had Vivi not mentally recovered from the first time that they had faced a Ursa but was still massively overpowered by the opponent.

Playing around in water. More do if it like the book where they once played and where they first met their now trainer but playing in fountains and along sandy stretches of beach are just as much fun at times.

None really. Vivi had no memory of contact with him. Only remembering their leafeon mother raising them and their Eevee siblings in a den near to a large mossy rock.

Much more than Vivi could ever accredit the proud leafeon. Not only did the kind brown eyed pokémon raise them but defended them with their life and was strong enough to let Vivi go off and start their own life and adventure with a human child. Unbeknownst to Vivi their mother was abandoned by a trainer after being considered too weak to be if much use.

To choose something from our world I would say a Dolphin. Taking wisdom from the wise Shepard's of he sea. Vivi shares their sense of playfulness and wants to help even if they don't know exactly how. Since their evolution they do identify fat more with water pokémon and would as well with other after creatures.
Blacksteel Alchemist
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Interview: Kimori & Emily

Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:20 pm

Kimori & Emily

"Well.. My coven depended on me. But I let them down. I could have been their leader. But I backed down. I failed them." She shifted the weight on her feet, clearly uncomfortable with the question. "Can we move on?"
"My son, he's three. He's my world.. He depends on me to raise him, and keep the monsters or demons from taking him and trying to convert him."
"No one. Well, I was dependent on my husband, I suppose. But with him gone, it's just me." She looked down and brushed some hair from her big blue eyes.
Sam(and/or)Dean Winchester. "I'd like to think I can handle myself if need be, like on a hunt or something." She said with a small sense of bravado, her pride not saying she needed anyone, but she generally did.
"I've only ever said them to one person before. If that means anything. "I love you" is sacred."
"Are you kidding me? Those are the three most important words in the english language. Only given to those who truly deserve it."
"I've, unfortunately, seen where I go. Purgatory." She looked down, the memories from that place haunting.
"I've been to hell, I've been to heaven, I've been to purgatory. What's next?"
"I've honestly, never really thought about it." Kimori had everything handed to her as a child, coming from a rich family, but she only wanted to paint, everything else was extra, and unneeded.
"Hunting, we kinda take what we want, but it's not like we don't put our lives on the line to protect everyone else. So, we kinda earn it? I don't know, we hustle, we steal, I mean, it's not hard. If they didn't want us to commit fraud, they wouldn't make it so damned easy."
"The woman I viewed as my mother was my governess. She was my whole world as a child. But now that I don't eat, and don't require much, I pretty much stay to myself and don't see many people, unless Marcos is tending bar, then I'll go get a drink."
"Ah, um, well." She cleared her throat. She had worked as a stripper, she'd worked as a waitress, bartender, and pretends to be a cop or FBI on a regular basis. "I generally treat them pretty well, I guess. Unless they deserve to be treated like less, or they're a monster."
Since she feeds off of cows, she refuses to answer the question.
"I got bit by a horse, and a goose when I was little." She snorted, "I hope someone cooked 'em up good."
"I'm rather shy, so I tend to stay to myself."
"You're talking about Sam/Dean, aren't you?" She blushed, flustered. "I don't act different. I mean, maybe, I talk a little fast, or..." She rambled, biting her lip. "Nope. I don't really act different."
"I try to avoid them as much as possible... Like Laura for example..."
"I get lucky when I get to shoot 'em, stab 'em er cut their heads off." She gave a big smile.
"I take it as it comes."
"I take criticism just fine-" What about-" "JUST. FINE."
"When I'm around humans. I have a hard time being around humans with the smell of their blood, and trying not to obsess over the smell."
"Generally if I'm on a hunt and the guys aren't around. Or in general, and especially if the baby's with me and the guys aren't around."
"I enjoy reading, studying or playing piano, painting."
"Me and the guys hanging out, watching a movie, drinking a few beers, while the baby's asleep... Or a park day, with Sam/Dean and AJ."
"He was intolerable. He never let us follow our dreams. We had to be his idea of perfect..."
"My dad was awesome. He was a cop, and loved to take me on ride alongs. Even when I was little. It was so much fun. I really wanted to be a cop because of him. And whenever we impersonate cops..." She fell quite, "Never mind."
"She wasn't really a mother. My governess raised me. She even tried to flee, without me, when the Nazis broke our door down... They took her anyways."
"My mom was really cool. She was a "cool mom", even for being a cop. I got to stay up late and watch the "bad" movies, and pretty much had the run of the house, with their hectic schedule and their hunting."
"I like it to be a swan... Graceful, and beautiful... But it's probably a vampire bat... Or a leech.. You know, because of the blood sucking..."
"I'd like to think it's a mama wolf. Strong and a great hunter."
Criminal Minds Fanfic
Supernatural Fanfic
1x1 search
Currently looking for a Criminal Minds or a Supernatural rp.
Image⎜FEMALE⎜23⎜STAY AT HOME DAUGHTER⎜INTP⎜♓︎ ⎜Image
d r a g o n
Green Belt
House: Amaranthine

s c a r s

Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:22 am

• "Adelaide. Show me your hands. Show me your scars." Kai was smooth. Gentle in his voice as his fingers held out for her own. His eyes were careful as he watched her. Waiting and patient.

Adelaide watched him in return, but her gaze was suspicious. She was searching for ill-intent. Searching for a joke. Laughter and mockery. Yet she found none. His face held nothing but kindness and love. She still couldn't sway the concern in her heart. She was still." . . . why?" The sorceress was ready to attack, her guard had yet falter.

This didn't seem to bother him, and he answered just as gentle as before. "I want to see how many times you needed me, and I wasn't there for you." There was grief in his words that forced Adelaide to cast her gaze elsewhere. She didn't move. Her fingers were still and her gaze fixated upon the ground. Thus, Kai stepped closer. When she did not deny his advancements, he continued to reach for her hands. When she did not pull away, the mercenary held her close.

Her hands were warm to the touch. As though a fire burned hot beneath her skin. The warmth took him by surprise but he did not falter. Her skin was silk against his rough hands, threatening to slip between his fingers any second. Finally, he traced the lines across her skin. The imperfections. The scars that refused to fade. "I made a promise to protect you. I promised to keep you from harm and yet . . . "

Adelaide, in an attempt to disrupt his train of thought, switched positions. Her hands now traced his scars. His deep cuts and old lines.The calloused fingers and bruised knuckles. "Kai Fallon, you know full well I can protect myself, and you have little room to speak. I have learned off these scars. I have learned from my battles. My bruising remind me not to be careless. However . . . your desire to keep me safe is honorable. Perhaps I can do the same for you in time."

The sorceress tangled her hands into his and she finally looked him in the eyes. The magic in her veins warmed not only her own hands, but his as well. A comforting heat swirled beneath the skin and they were one. Kai smiled, and Adelaide smiled in return.
Gamora.
Black Belt

character interview. [2]

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:32 pm

• CHARACTER INTERVIEW - x mya & i have no other really developed characters whoops

"I wouldn't say my boyfriend is dependent on me anymore. That ship sailed a few hours ago after I found out what he does for a living. He doesn't need me, that's for sure."
      "I'm dependent on my boyfriend, Matthew now. I quickly realized I would be dead without him and that is no exaggeration."
      "Seriously. Very seriously. You don't just say that to someone without feeling it. There's no point if you do. I need to remind myself to tell Matthew this more often. Despite our recent struggles, I know he loves me, and God do I ever love him. More than anything in this world."
      "Considering I'm getting into some questionable shit, hell will probably be my destination. But who knows, anything could happen and I'm honestly not worried about the after life right now. I need to focus on staying alive instead."
      "You need to earn everything. Whether it's food, shelter, money or love, care, and happiness. There are certain situations where bad stuff happens and there isn't much you can do about it, but that doesn't mean you can go around pointing fingers blaming something or someone else. The universe owes you nothing. You need to show it that you can earn the things you want, not just sit around and expect it to come to you. That's not how life works."
      "I'm a nurse and deal with a lot of difficult people, but I handle it well. I try to remember that I never know what is going on in their lives besides what I can see on a chart. And if they are sick, it tends to make them more grumpy than usual, which is understandable."
      "Oh, God no. I love all animals and will welcome any into my life."
      "I do my best to be myself, but despite my outgoing nature, I can be pretty shy or timid. If Matthew is around me, though, I'm completely fine."
      "If I'm forced to interact with them I just try to be polite, but sometimes my temper flares depending who they are. It's best to just try and keep the peace, though."
      "As Hilary Clinton once said, I take criticism seriously, but not personally."
      "The moment I found out about Matthew's work and who he does the work for was the most frightening and uncomfortable experience of my life. I'm doing my best to try and not remember that my whole life is changed now. Denial is good, right?"
      "Being safe in Matthew's arms. That's all I need."
      "A lot when I was younger, but not much. Myfather and I aren't very close, not anymore. Because I ended up a nurse and not a doctor, I'm not as important to him."
      "My mother influences me every day. She is my best friend and I wouldn't be where I am today without her."
      "Probably a dove. Peaceful yet powerful."
Artio
Yellow Belt
House: Vipera

Prompt - Show me your scars

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Image . 1030 words, using characters from original idea Anemia
Warnings: past serious injuries (near death experience, bullet wounds, numerous needle marks), past torture (forced blood draws, drugging, captivity), general trauma and recovery from these things
~ indentTrey watched me with those ever curious eyes as I paced in a U-shape around the hotel bed. Sometimes I wondered how many people were fixed with a darker version of that same gaze while he was held captive. It made me wish we'd left the prison in an inferno rather than slipping out without a trace, as foolish as it would've been.
indent"What are you doing?"
indentI forced myself to stop pacing, and, with a defeated huff, I told him, "Thinking too much." It was difficult not to with how alert we had to be.
indent"Thought so. You wanna see what's on TV?" He offered.
indentI shook my head. Every news station would have another update on whatever the FBI had found of our trail that day. Trying to avoid it by watching some mindless drama or documentary series on another channel made my nerves worse than ignoring it all together.
indentInstead, I turned my focus to him. As good as he looked with the short, bleached blond hair and brown contacts, I missed the thick, dark waves accentuating his natural hazel eyes. I missed when he didn't have to conceal the tattooed text across his knuckles or the beautiful collage honoring his mother's homeland, comprised of tropical birds, poison dart frogs, and roses in the colors of Colombia's flag. I missed when he could just be Trey, rather than a fugitive.
indentYet I'd rather him be a fugitive for the rest of his life than locked away ever again. As he was now, disguised but still undeniably himself, I could keep him safe. Before, he was nothing but an ID number, a blood farm for them to harvest from to their content.
indentHe tilted his head with a lopsided smile, aware he had my gaze but not my attention. "We gotta get you into reading or watching pay-per-view or something. You're gonna lose your mind thinking so hard all the time."
indentI let my head drop, caught again, before returning his stare and smile. "I used to think hard for a living, remember?"
indent"Yeah, but being a lawyer is different than obsessing over every little thing that could go wrong." He gave an obvious glance at the space next to him on the bed.
indentThat was one offer I was willing to take him up on: walking over to the side of the bed and taking up that empty space. "I'm sorry. It's hard not to focus on it."
indent"I know." He rested his head on my shoulder. "But it won't kill you to take a breather every once in a while. This isn't a sprint of a mission like you're used to, this is a marathon."
indentI wanted to argue, but he was right. Wearing myself out with constant paranoia wouldn't do us any good in the long run. I couldn't live like I was still a government owned killer. Besides, when I had been an agent was when I failed him most.
indentAfter kissing the top of his head, I asked, "Will you show me your scars?"
indent"I guess. But why? You know all of them already."
indent"I want to see all the times you needed me and I wasn't there for you."
indent"Stop. It wasn't your fault. Any of it." His tone was stern, knowing where this train of thought was headed.
indentWe'd have to continue to disagree. "Can I still see them please?"
indentSitting up, he warily held out his right arm for me. My hand grazed the patch of make up where his Colombian symbols tattoo was hidden as I held his forearm in my palm. The skin of his inner elbow was healing well, looking so much better than the patchwork of bruising and punctures it was the day when we got him out of that prison. It'd never be unmarked again though. The track mark-like scars of countless blood draws, even when his veins had blown or collapsed, would further fade from the state they were now, but they'd always persist to some extent. Both of his arms had similar damage, but one scar on the right always caught my eye with its deeper, jagged look compared to the precise appearance of the others. The first time I'd asked about it he had half-joked that he got it on a day he gave them extra hell. The dramatic shape made him more self-conscious of it, but it made me proud that he'd fought back for as long as he could stave off the effects of the eventual anemia.
indentRegardless, it was never fun to think about him having to struggle like that. My own fresh scar ached, half in sympathy and half from my heart pounding. As if he could sense where my thoughts were wandering to this time, he put his hand on my chest, intentionally covering the area where my healed gunshot wound was.
indent"I dwell on this sometimes," He admitted, staring at the fabric beneath his hand like he could see through it to the scar underneath. "What happened that day."
indent"I know you do," I said, remorseful. Though there were nights where I'd wake up and have to remember how to breathe or stare into the dark until my night vision was strong enough to prove to myself that the sheets weren't bloodstained, the worst part was knowing Trey also had nightmares about it. He didn't get the half-blessing of passing out from shock after it happened. Once, he had told me what it was like to see the blood burst out of my chest and watch as I slumped forward, nearly lifeless, onto the floor while he was dragged away, drugged, unable to help. We hadn't talked about it in detail since. "I'm sorry for that too."
indent"Alec," He said, moving his hand to cup the side of my face. A confident look burned in his faux brown eyes. "Don't be sorry. You did kind of make a mess of my boring life, but there's no one else I'd rather have this messy of a life with."
indentSassy as always. I couldn't help a small smile. "One day your life will be boring again, I promise." ~
Sono Reizin
Orange Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Eight

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 am

I decided to use a character from Ai no Kusabi and my own character. There is a history of love and abuse in their relationship so just wanted to give a heads up warning.

Word Count: 1,027 Words

Gideon Lagat stepped into the crumbled down building looking disgusted. He hated Ceres but there was a certain mongrel pet he needed to pick up. He finally found the part of the building he was seeking. He couldn't believe that there were still people using this building for a place to live. Ceres truly had let itself deteriorate. He entered the apartment he was seeking and was surprised to find it in better shape than he had believed possible. He walked around seeking the mongrel that had stolen his heart. Finally, he found the bedroom and slowly entered the room. There on the bed was his mongrel, Aiken. Aiken's long silvery white hair flowed about him freely and his pale lilac colored eyes were closed. Gideon could see the hint of silver eyeliner ringing his eyes adding to his bewitching pale appearance. Gideon stepped towards him and sat down on the bed next to Aiken. Aiken woke up with a jolt and backed away his eyes filled with fear. "What are you doing here Gideon? You released me. You have no right to barge your way in here!" Gideon smirked softly stroking his cheek softly. "Did you really think I would simply let you go so easily? I didn't waste four years training and conditioning you as a pet to just simply let you go. I merely loosened your collar and gave you more length to your leash. I had no intention of ever letting you go." Aiken whimpered and bowed his head hiding the broken look in his. Gideon, however, noticed the look and lifted his chin so he could see into his eyes making Aiken jerk his head back fearfully. Gideon narrowed his eyes watching him. "Why are you afraid? Have I ever caused you any reason to fear?" Aiken looked up and into his eyes his own filled with anger. "When didn't you give me a reason to fear? Forcing me to live in Tanagura was reason enough to cause me to be afraid." Gideon froze staring at him in shock. Being an elite in Tanagura and a Blondie made Gideon an android since the only part of organic was his brain. He didn't understand human emotions very well nor did understand the way they reacted. However, he could recognize certain emotions and right now he could see pain, fear, and anger. He drew Aiken close to him and started to pull off his shirt making Aiken yelp. "What are you doing Gideon?" He shouted pulling away from him as he placed his shirt back on. Gideon watched him. "I wanted to see your scars." He said softly not understand that one couldn't see emotional and mental scars. Aiken looked at him. "What do you mean? What scars? You of all people should know I don't have any scars." Gideon shook his head. "I want to see the scars that you received when I wasn't there to protect you and keep you safe." Aiken's eyes went huge. "Why would you protect me? I'm just a pet to you, something you can replace easily." He said softly. Gideon flinched and pulled him close kissing him softly. Aiken whimpered and kissed him back softly. "Please tell me, Aiken." Aiken shook his head trembling. "You brought a mongrel in from the slums and thought all those academy pets of the other elites would accept him. That is what happened Raoul. If it was simple fights like Riki went through when he was Iason's pet I could handle it. I couldn't take the verbal abuse though and it wasn't just against me. they were verbally abusing you as well for choosing me. I couldn't take it, Gideon. That is why every time there was a pet party I forced myself to be so sick you wouldn't take me. I couldn't stand being near them. I always loved the parties with the diplomats though. I loved being with you even if it meant being the center of attention beside you. I was with you and that was all that mattered. Those pet parties separated us and made me feel as if the only reason you wanted me was because you wanted entertainment. I came to live here to Tanagura to be close to my brother. When he and Iason left, I chose to stay because I believed we fell in love and yet you made me a pet and forced me to go through all of that. Then that last punishment pushed me over the edge. I couldn't understand why you were punishing me when I had done nothing wrong so I begged for you to release me and you did. I have missed you so much but I don't want to be a pet. I want to be your lover as we said we would be to each other. Does that promise me nothing to you?" He asked looking up at him with tears in his eyes. Gideon stood there in total shock having never realized what all Aiken had gone through. the only reason he had made Aiken a pet, to begin with, was because Jupiter had threatened to have Aiken killed if Gideon took him as a lover without also being a pet. Now Gideon realized it was wrong and that he had to repair all the damage that was done."I'm so sorry Aiken. I know I can't change the past but I promise I can change the present and our future. the first step is for us to leave Amoi and find a new planet to live on." Suddenly, he grinned knowing what would make Aiken happy. "We could move to Arcadia and live next to Iason and Riki. That way you can be close to Riki and you can live on a planet that allows humans to live as freely as they once had." Aiken jumped into his arms hugging him tightly. "I love you Giden Lagat." He said softly with love in his eyes. Gideon smiled warmly. "And I love you my dearest Aiken." With that the two spent the rest of their lives together happy in the knowledge that they were loved.
d r a g o n
Green Belt
House: Amaranthine

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ ; ʀᴏɴᴀɴ ᴏ'ᴍᴀʟʟᴇy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:58 am

• 1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
                No, there technically isn't any dependency upon Ronan. The closest person to him is fairly independent and strong willed. She's much more down to earth than Ronan ever could be. It is Ronan who is fairly dependent on her instead.
                Ronan, as said, is fairly dependent on Lydia Crane. His thoughts and actions may be his own, but he is very inexperienced when it comes to socialization and how the world works. If it wasn't for Lydia, this poor innocent android would be left to perish in a harsh wasteland. The world is at his fingertips but he knows very little of it. Lydia has saved him from his own innocence many times, and he heavily depends on her guidance.
                So seriously that he fears it may lose meaning one day. He cherishes the words. Perhaps the few words he truly, humanly understands. Love is important to him and expressing these emotions are even more so.
                He'll fade, as most robots do. His body will decay slowly over time and all his memories will lay dormant until transplanted into a new host. There's a chance he may continue his life in a new host but he doubts his life will continue after the death of his current body. He doesn't fear it though.
                From what little he knows of the world, he knows he must earn his desires. Be it romancing his closest and most important friend or saving the earth from impending doom. He will earn it and he will be proud of his accomplishments.
                This boy rewards all works like they're the most important person in the universe. Don't even doubt his eagerness to make someone feel wanted and worth it.
                No, but he's proficient in understanding how most animals behave before he interacts with them. He can accurately predict how animals will react- but even so, he cannot feel pain nor does he find any animals intimidating. This boy will steal your pets and adopt all the strays, please keep your animals far from him if you wish to keep them. He loves animals more than he loves himself.
                He'll most likely disagree, but he wishes to prove he's human around those who doubt his AI programming. Otherwise, the only person he wishes to impress is Lydia- and thats because he loves her so much.
                He's quiet. His words will become nuetral and he'll make a point to stay away from them as much as he can. He avoids them, keeping his focus on the positive influences in his life. Like his cute mechanic gf.
                Rather well!! Even if he doesn't understand, he'll make a point to fix himself. Expect him to apologize more than once as he wants to be the best human he can be.
                Harsh, violent environment where he has no escape from. People who claim him a murderer just like this fellow defective androids. Threatening people who are too close to Lydia, or other innocent people. Any situation that is just aggressive and cruel he cannot stand to be around. Expect him to take action in return.
                Definitely any scenario where Lydia is by his side. However, he finds he's most comfortable by his friends. With those who will defend him and those he can help in return. A sunny day where he can relax and be who he is without worry of his defective programming.
                He has no father, he was created by an anonymous scientist with Epsilon.
                He has no mother, he was created by an anonymous scientist with Epsilon.
                Golden Retriever. His strong desire to help those in need as well as be a good companion matches quite well. Not to mention how lovable and excitable he is. Ronan is always learning something new, always going the extra mile. Eager to please, eager to be there, eager to comfort and love.
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt

Writing prompt - Show Me Your Scars

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:19 am

(CW: previous abuse - Kat was abused by her parents as a child. If you read either of the two interviews I did, she was also kidnapped and treated pretty badly.
Really just a mention but felt compelled to say this anyway)

It's a typical day, with Kat snuggled against Asriel. She's working on a cross-stitch as he reads.
He turns a page, then puts down the book, shifting so he's holding her more. She smiles and tilts her head back. “Hi,” she purrs.
“Hey.”
He seems distracted. Not unusual, but out of place for a day off.
“What's on your mind?” she asks.
He doesn't answer, instead just absent-mindedly petting her head. For a while she allows it, purring.
Finally, she breaks the silence. “Azzie?”
He glances at her, taking a deep breath. “Will you show me your scars?”
The question takes her off-guard, and she blinks. “Huh?”
“On your Soul. Will you show me your scars?” he repeats, more gently.
“Why?” she frowns.
“Because I want to know how many times you needed me and I wasn't there.”
“Azzie…”
“Kat.” He kisses a paw. “I know you're self-conscious about them, but I need to know.”
She looks at him for a long moment, then exhales and nods.
It takes a moment for her Soul to manifest, but it does. A huge crack separates the two halves, with dozens of other small or smaller cracks branching out from it.
He's silent.
“They aren't because of you,” she promises. “This one is from when Kaylee attacked me when I hoped she wouldn't because Kayla threatened to attack me herself, and this one is from when they deterred me from using my blue magic.” She points out two of the larger cracks, though they're still smaller than some. She points out another, a bit bigger than the other two. “This is from the night we were attacked.” The big one in the middle. “You can probably guess this one.” She temporarily gains a haunted look, and that tells him all he needs to know.
He carefully points out another one that's bigger than all three. “And this one?”
She hesitates. “It's… It's the only one that is because of you. All those years I tried to gain your attention, and I never could.” She looks down. “It hit really hard,” she admits quietly.
He doesn't answer for a moment, and her Soul disappears, her paws resting against her chest.
“I didn't know.”
“I didn't want you to.”
“Why not?”
“I didn't want you to feel bad.”
“Kat…”
“Asriel, I know that you never intended to hurt me. I know that. But the fact is, you did. But that's okay. Look.”
She summons her Soul again so he can look closer at it and the crack she said was his.
It's definitely there, but it's… Lighter than the others. There's a faint trace of a light green in it.
“It's… Different than the others.”
She nods. “Look at the color.”
“I did. Green.”
“For healing,” she confirms. Her Soul disappears again, and she rests her paws on his hands. “You may have made that crack, but you're also healing it. You have since the day I knew you were in love with me.”
He smiles a bit, kissing her. It's brief, but gentle. “I love you. So much, Kat.”
She smiles back, love on her face. “I love you too, Azzie.”

Words: 537
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image