AS Afflatus: Issue Eight

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Did you read the ‘Reminders & Point System’ post on page 2?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 34
ariel.
Brown Belt
House: Amaranthine

Character Interview • Lydia Crane

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:17 am

• 1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
                Up until recently, no, there wasn't. However she has since taken on the responsibility of owning and caring for a LifeBot; Ronan O'Malley. While she doesn't exactly have the desire for another being to be dependent on her in such away, she also doesn't have the heart to push away such a genuine soul. Despite the daily mishaps he somehow manages to find himself in.
                2. Is there anyone your character is dependent on? How and why?
                No, not at all. She is extremely independent.
                3. How seriously does your character take the words ‘I love you’?
                Not as seriously as she once did, they have come to lack meaning to her due to past experiences. In fact, she often finds herself afraid of them more than anything.
                4. What does your character think will happen to them once they die?
                Nothing. However, science has advanced far enough to transplant her conscious into an artificial body but she has since chosen to be cremated once the day arrives.
                5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
                She is a strong believer in working hard in order to get where you want to be. She has worked too hard in her career to believe that her wants should simply be handed over to her.
                6. How does your character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)?
                Kindly. There was a time in which she was in their shoes.
                7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
                She was attacked by a neighbours dog as child, leaving her with some hefty scarring on her right hand and forearm. As a child is was quite traumatizing, but she has since grown out of it. Although, she still finds herself one the tense side of things when around canines and would prefer to keep her distance if possible. But she is practically taking care of a giant puppy.
                8. How does your character behave around people they like or want to impress?
                It's likely she will end up drinking too much, the prospect of new relationships is incredibly unsettling to her and she would prefer not to partake. The more she distances herself from them, the better. ("Like, please explain how the fuck I am supposed to expression emotions to a robot?")
                9. How does your character behave around people they dislike?
                To put it gently, she's an asshole. If she dislikes you, she isn't going to be shy about it.
                10. How does your character handle criticism?
                She doesn't love it, and will likely fight you on it - especially if it's about her skills as mechanic - but at the end of the day she will accept it. Proving that it's constructive criticism.
                11. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable.
                Being asked about her prosthetic foot, why and how it happened, she often feels those questions to be incredibly invasive. As well as being asked about her romantic past, it often triggers a fight or flight response. Unless she is the one to bring it up, which she rarely is, she will likely launch into panic mode.
                12. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely comfortable.
                Sitting in her workshop, alone, tinkering with this and that. It's her safe space, and she rarely invites other in. As well as, surprisingly, time spent with Ronan - his innocence borders on calming for her.
                13. What influence did your character’s father have on them?
                He always shows his children kindness and love, and hopes that they will take it into the world. Lydia father raised his three children on his own and instilled a fair level of independence in them.
                14. What influence did your character’s mother have on them?
                Nothing. She left the family when Lydia was quite young and she has little to no memory of her.
                15. What would your character’s spirit animal be and why?
                Likely a wild cat, something akin to a panther or a mountain lion. Independent, fierce, and ready to protect her family.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

Issue Eight- Prompt

Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:35 am

Show me your scars"
"But..why?"
"I want to see how many times you needed me, and I wasn't there for you."

Characters based off me and my brothers, I used to try cutting and have bad depression, no one really knew about it for a while

Warnings: Possible showing of self harm, definite mentions of it, mention of a friend of character committing suicide
755 words
The breaking up of a friendship was only part of it, the feeling of being looked at from behind by the ‘popular girls’, whispered about and laughed at another part. The loss of a classmate and sort-of-friend was a bigger part, hearing from her mother about a post in the newspaper...
”Did you know this boy?” Lissa asked, when Jessika had called to be picked up from school. A best friend had told her about the death of a boy, a boy they both knew well. They’d both gone to the thing in the library, where they were supposed to be made to feel better, but both ended up in the office upstairs, and had called their guardians, telling them they wanted to come home.

“Yes, I knew him, mom.” Jessika said, seeming irritated she was being questioned about such a thing. Her mother sighed, nodding, and went off to the in law suite, to talk to Mema. Jessika sat in silence, eating a lunch she’d gotten at school, tears still choking her up and some now drying on her face.

A couple days later, her mother spoke up again. “There’s an article in the paper. Apparently, that boy’s parents were splitting up.” Jessika couldn’t believe that, nor that someone else had found the boy, instead of his own parents...

The redhead swallowed hard, sighing heavily, as she tried to put it out of her mind once more. Finally, the cropping up of pain and memory ebbed away, and the day passed normally, calm and usual. She smiled and laughed with her two best friends, going to classes as usual then getting on the bus to return home.

(there’s a skip here, to the real point, the prompt part and all))

The redhead had done it again, she’d managed to harm herself once more...She trembled as she stared at the box cutter, thrown to the side of her, hating the pain but at the same time welcoming it, as it distracted her from all the things in life that she didn’t like, didn’t want to deal with. To name a few, there was the feeling of being whispered about, laughed at...Being smacked over the head by her father, being yelled at for things that were not her fault...

Shaking her head, she picked up the box cutter, intending to put it back where she’d managed to find it, however...”Jessika, what are you doing with that box cutter?!” It was mom, staring at her in what seemed to be disbelief...The redhead sucked in a breath, trying to ignore Lissa, pulling down her sleeves and brushing past her. Even though she was sure her mother had seen at least one or two of the wounds, she had still pulled down her sleeves.

A few days later, her mother finally confronted her about it. Jessika was irritated, being grilled as she thought that’s how her mother was speaking, but in honesty the woman was just concerned. What she didn’t expect, was for Lissa to tell the boys about it...The boys were her two brothers, Jonathan and Nathaniel. Nathaniel came to her first, sitting beside her one day, Jonathan trailing in a little bit after. “Show me your scars...” Nathaniel said.

“But...why?” Jessika asked, blinking her eyes when they spoke together, her brothers, one older, one younger. “I want to see how many times you needed me, and I wasn’t there for you...” they said. She blinked as she stared at them a moment, then shook her head. “Mom put you up to this, didn’t she?” she asked, a bit huffy. “She only told us about the wounds she’d seen...I’m your big brother, I’m supposed to protect you, and be there for you to talk to.” Nate said.

“I may be younger, but I’m still a boy, and boys are supposed to protect girls. No matter how stubborn or annoying they might be sometimes...” Jon said. Jess swallowed, trying to fight back tears as she looked down at her feet a moment. She then rolled up her sleeves. “One... two...three...” Jon muttered, just looking. “Four...five...six...” Nate spoke, lightly tracing them. There were only so many times she’d cut deep enough to scar, and had managed on her own to stop the blood, never doing more than one cut at time that deep enough.

Eventually, they had counted eight to ten scars, and looked at her now. “I’ll be here for you, from now on...” Nate said. “I’ll protect you from anything.” Jon said. “You can talk to us.” was said in unison, and, finally letting her tears flow, Jessika hugged them both.

[its done]
Pirate-At-Heart
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

character interview: taryn rhodes

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:16 pm

• taryn rhodes
                  ────────────
                  1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
                  Not anymore. She used to feel responsible for her younger sister Meaghan, wanting to be a good role model to help her sister grow into the woman Taryn knew she could be.

No, the only person she depends on is herself. No one is left and she won't let anyone new in.

Extremely seriously. They don't come lightly from her and their weight carries a lot. When she was younger, she would have said those words more lightly to some stupid boy that she thought mattered at the time. But now, the only people she loves are her family, and she can only say those words to their graves.

She doesn't really think about it, but if she did, she wouldn't have an answer. There probably isn't an afterlife. Once you're dead, you're gone.

5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
                  Taryn feels like she has to earn everything she wants. Nothing will ever come to her on a silver platter. It takes hard work and the will to fight.

She's mostly indifferent. She'll acknowledge their presence but won't always say thanks.

7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
                  Do vampires count as animals? Outside of supernatural creatures, she's never had a bad encounter with any animals. She's never been very close to any, so she never really had the chance for a bad experience.

She doesn't really care. She doesn't ever feel the need to impress anyone. She'll be respectful but that's about it.

She can be a bit catty. She doesn't have a filter on her mouth, so it's not hard for her to start shit.

It depends on who it comes from. If it's from someone she respects and they are being constructive, she will take it and use it to better herself. If it's from someone she is neutral toward, she'll pay no heed and shrug it off. If it's from someone she feels negative about, she'll tell them to shove their criticism elsewhere.

Formal settings. She doesn't know how to act at political events.

Killing bloodsuckers or training to do so. She loves getting physical.

When he was alive, he always encouraged her to do her best and push herself to her limits. He instilled in her that family was important above all else. His death drives her toward vengeance.

When she was alive, they didn't always see eye to eye, but her mother tried to teach her that being vulnerable was okay. Her death drives Taryn toward vengeance.

Probably a bee. She would try to hurt those who wronged her, even if it meant her own death.
greetings! i am pirate, a twenty-two year
old gal from ope-town, midwest usa, who
loves cats, d&d, and watching waaay too
much netflix. my pms are always open
for a friendly chat!
• • •
muse: poking its head out
• • •
d&d forum game
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus: Character Interview - Darcy L. Evolett

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:12 am

ImageImage
Character Interview
x

There is no one that is dependent on Darcy. She does, however, try to make sure that she's there for anyone and everyone who needs a shoulder to lean against for as long as they need it.

Darcy can get attached to people she cares about deeply quite easily. In a sense, she is dependent on any friends and family she has, but she is most dependent on her daemon, a black panther named Rama. Where she is always energetic and frazzled thoughts, he is calm and collected. The thought of losing him terrifies her. She's formed such dependency on those she cares for due to the fact that her parents abandoned her at a foster care system and she fears something similar happening to her again. part of this answer is based on the fact that she has a daemon, in other rps it would likely be slightly different

Depending on the context or situation, Darcy takes the words either lightly or seriously. If she's saying it to a friend, she is saying she genuinely cares for them and loves them in a platonic way. In a romantic relationship, she takes the words very seriously and would likely not be the first to speak until she was absolutely confident of their relationship or until the other says it first, thus confirming things further for her.

Darcy has actually never given that much thought. She simply tries to focus on the present and what she has to look forward to. She doesn't really like thinking about death and things of that nature. Darcy isn't quite sure of what she believes in, but she does believe that there has to be something waiting after death. She just doesn't know what that something is.

Darcy doesn't feel like she deserves many things - maybe happiness and a sense of security, if anything - but she thinks it's better to work hard and earn the things she desire. She isn't one to sit back and whine about how she hasn't gotten something her way.

Darcy is very respectful and tries to take account of the fact that they must deal with a lot of people. Especially people who can sometimes be ungrateful and rude. She keeps her annoyances in check unless things are going too far, in which case she will go speak to a manager privately and ask for a different waiter, but not create a scene. That's the last thing the waiter needs.

Darcy has had no bad experiences with an animal.

She is....overly energetic with some people, and sometimes calmer around others. It depends on who the person is. If it is someone who seems to have more power or influence than her, or someone she's intimidated by in general, she'll try to first impress them by showing that she can be mature, calm, and collected. If that doesn't work out, she tries to brighten up the other person and get them to laugh at her silly antics.

She tends to avoid them as much as possible. If she really dislikes someone and she has to work with them, she'll likely give them the cold shoulder.

Darcy...does not handle criticism extremely well. Not in the sense that she'll get pissed off for being criticized, but she'll likely grow emotional and reflect too much on what flaw was pointed out. She tries to not take it personally and as constructive feedback, but sometimes that just doesn't work out for her.

Dark places. She's terrified of the dark and hates sleeping in it, so she always has a nightlight on.

Anywhere she's with the people she loves the most. She feels the most secure with the people she knows won't abandon her.

Well, her biological father abandoned her, along with her mother. So not a very good influence in that regards, as it gave her insecurities about being abandoned again. However, her adoptive father was extremely loving and patient with her. He was supportive and often encouraged her to branch out and try new things and would often accompany her on her adventures.

Well, her biological mother abandoned her, along with her father. So not a very good influence in that regards, as it gave her insecurities about being abandoned again. However, her adoptive mother was extremely loving and patient with her.

A black panther. She's the type of person who will motivate her peers. She's a risk taker, outspoken, and adventurous.
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus: Character Interview - Maggie L. Estrada

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:14 am

ImageImage
Character Interview
x

There is no one dependent on Maggie.

Maggie is probably most dependent on her twin sister, Madison. Her twin is much more outgoing than her and not afraid to speak up if the need arises. Maggie is much less inclined to do so, unless she feels confident with her sister's presence there or her sister does it for her. If she feels strongly about something, however, she will speak up, but Maggie tends to allow people to walk over her, whereas her sister will help her put her foot down. Maggie is also currently dependent upon Kian for survival, considering she was attacked for a supposed relation with him. Technically, she's in this messy situation because of him.

Maggie takes the words 'I love you' very seriously. With her family members, it's always a little more casual, but with someone she fancies or is in a relationship with, if she hears those three words, she will take them seriously. She doesn't typically throw them out casually and usually keeps them in reserve for family, extremely close friends, and a significant other.

Maggie isn't entirely sure what she expects to happen once she dies. She's not sure if she really believes in an afterlife, but she doesn't deny the possibility of one. Considering the fact that she's a demigod, she's not really thrilled about the idea of going to underworld.

Maggie is a strong believer in working hard to get what she desires. She never feels like she deserves something.

Maggie is always extremely polite. She will rarely ever get annoyed or irritated with someone, no matter how terrible they're being or how rude they are. She'll tip less than she usually would, but it would still be a decent job as she understands that people in such professions deal with a lot of things, customer wise.

Maggie has not had a bad experience with an animal. She adores them and would likely try to pick up every dang stray off the street if she could. Heck, she'll even rescue wildlife.

Maggie avoids them if they intimidate her and she thinks they're better than her.

Even if she doesn't like someone, Maggie will treat them as she would want to be treated. She will be mature and the bigger person. If possible, she will avoid being alone with them or talking to them, but if she does have to, she will be civil about it and ignore any causes of her dislike towards that person for the time being.

Maggie handles criticism fairly well. If she is criticized, she will reflect and try to make changes to make herself better if it is needed and she is able to do so.

Maggie is typically most uncomfortable anywhere she doesn't know many people, especially when her sister, Madison, isn't there with her. She is also uncomfortable in party type environments, especially if it involved drugs and alcohol - though alcohol she can maybe deal with.

Anywhere quiet with a small group of close friends and family. She feels more at ease with people she's familiar with and trusts and is more comfortable with opening up and being herself.

Maggie's father is a loving man. He had to raise her and her sister on his own, after her mother passed away. He's always been compassionate and understanding. They have an extremely close relationship and she adores him. Maggie is more like her father than her sister is, while Madison is more like their mother based on what he has told them about her.

Maggie's mother passed when she was young, so she doesn't really remember a thing about her. From what her father has told her, however, she sounded like a great woman and was a lot like her sister.

Maggie's spirit animal would be a doe. She's quiet, innocent, and gentle. There's always a vulnerable air about her.
Kael
Silver Belt

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Eight

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Daniel + Serena || Guns and Love Universe || no warnings || 1,006 words
            ============================================================
            His brown eyes focussed on the back of her head, somewhere wondering if it was going to be out of place to ask this from her. But somewhere he knew that he had the right to ask such questions. He had found himself worrying about her more often than not, and even if he had tried to pull away from her life it was obvious that wasn’t going to happen. She didn't allow him to pull away. Not anymore.

“Sera…” he started, watching how the beautiful redhead turned her head away from the canvas she had been working on. The floor around her was scattered with pencils. The beautiful red hair was tied up into a high ponytail, even if strands were falling out of it of which Dan knew Xavier would brush away when he would walk in later. It still felt odd to be here, it was odd that Xavier even let him inside his house to talk to her. But he couldn’t turn away from her, not any more.

Her emerald eyes held the normal serenity, his eyes averting to watch the canvas of a beautiful ocean view his sister was working on. She was talented, for sure. Xavier wasn’t the only one who thought Serena was wasting her talents by working at the store. But she was happy working there, and happy was what he wanted her to be.

“Yes, Dan?” she breathed out, placing the pencil she had been holding aside before brushing some strands of red hair behind her ear, colouring some strands with the paint on her hands on accident. The environment was so peaceful, and it was clear to Dan this was Serena’s personal piece of safety around here.

“Show me your scars.” his voice was barely louder than a whisper, knowing she would look oddly at him because of that request. He could see her ginger eyebrows furrow together, confusion washing over her face as she turned away from the canvas completely. Standing up, the redhead went to clean the few paint brushes she had used moments before.

“My scars? Why?” Serena questioned, starting to feel slightly uneasy about the situation. Dan knew it was a sensitive subject, the female never talked about her scars. He had exchanged a few words with Xavier a while ago and the man had told Dan that Serena was even hesitant of showing her scars to her boyfriend. “I want to see how many times you needed me, and I wasn’t there for you.”

His words startled his sister, that much was sure. But her gaze seemed to soften even further. She laid down her pencils, reaching up her hands to rub her temples in an attempt to soothe her mind and proceeding to get even more paint on her face. But Dan didn’t worry about that for the time being, as he was quite sure Xavier would help her get it off once he left.

There was silence for quite a bit, and Dan used that to sit down on one of the few chairs situated around the art room. He just waited for his sister to respond, even if she eventually just sighed. “Don’t say that, Dan.” she said, voice not louder as a whisper.
            “But it is the truth.”

His eyes never left her face, concern etched into his own features as he knew Serena had been hurt too often. “You’ve been there often enough.” the redhead breathed out, not wanting her brother to feel that bad about all of this. “Steve almost killed you because I wasn’t there to protect you.”
            “Almost, yes. You and Brandon got me out of there.”
            “Still, it shouldn’t have happened.”
            The redhead walked over to her brother, sitting down on a chair in front of him. “I’m happy now, Dan. That’s all that should count.” she said, a sweet smile covering her face. “Steve is gone, I have a wonderful boyfriend and you helped me pay off my debts. I can paint whenever I desire and I have a nice and steady job. I have everything I wished for.”

“You suffered too much to get to this point.” Dan argued, somewhere not knowing why he kept going on about it but somewhere he felt like he deserved it to be yelled at. He had left her too often for her own good. He had hurt her time after time after time. “I’m not suffering anymore, Dan. Xavier helped me get back my life. If anything, I should be grateful for you not being there when Steve was chasing me.”

“Grateful? It almost got you killed.” Dan repeated himself, somewhere not knowing how she could be this okay about everything which had happened. The girl was too kind at times. “It also made me fall in love.” Serena said, the smile brightening even more as he could see her mind drift off to her boyfriend. It was a clear cheesy, romantic answer his sister had given but then again Serena was really a person for romance.

“So really, Dan. Please, do not worry about it.” Serena reassured him once more, grabbing his hand and pulling her brother up from the chair. With another sweet smile, she wrapped her arms around his taller torso, holding him close in a comfortable hug. “You are here for me now, you have helped me out countless of times and that’s what counts.” she continued, the man somewhere wondering when Serena had gotten so wise. “I love you, Dan.”

“I love you too, Serena.” Dan said, gazing down at her freckled face and brushing off the paint she had smudged there earlier once she let him go from the tight, loving hug. While he somewhere didn’t agree with Xavier’s profession, as it was putting Serena in too much danger, it was clear the redhead loved him to bits and had blossomed ever since she met him. The female was scarred, yes she was, but Dan had to agree with Xavier: her scars were what made her beautiful.
avenoir.
Silver Belt

Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 pm

from "when the world falls",
a roleplay between my dear mustie and i.
                while Hunter does not want to think about it, because he doesn't want to feel like he is needed, there are plenty of people who fully rely on him. first of all, Josephine. he saved her from slavery and gave her a new chance to live her life to the fullest, although it did not start like that.
                Josephine. he would have never admit it before, but he has to thank her for growing up to be the person he is now. more sensible, more mature... more human.
                before Jose, he wouldn't have taken seriously love, thinking it was a pointless and useless thing. but after all, he had never tasted it. but now, if those words come from the people he cares about, he takes them very seriously.
                he never thought about it. but if he is forced to, he would probably think of just one word: peace.
                he definitely thinks you must fight with all your might to earn what you want.
                he treats them respectfully, but only if they take their jobs seriously. others, be prepared to be yelled at.
                he never had a bad experience with an animal, excluding that time he fought against a boar. but he was hunting it, so...
                he does nothing different. he doesn't want to impress people, ease he doesn't care about them. ( excluding Jose, of course. )
                cold behavior, deadly glares and icy tone of voice are his favorite ways to express his disappointment in being around people he dislikes.
                not nicely. he doesn't like to have people point out his mistakes. so you better avoid saying that you disagree with his choices.
                a crowded place, with all the people expecting from him something he doesn't want to do or to give. or, have to do something he doesn't want to do, but know there is no other choice.
                at home, with Jose sleeping at his side ( he loves her, but he also loves silence ), just the two of them, with no problems filling his mind.
                Hunter's father fought to have him grow up psychically, and be all to stay with people who disliked him for his specie. he didn't fully accomplish this duty, but Hunter really cares about his father.
                Emily did her best to fill his son's childhood with love and kindness. despite the issues brought by the cast created by Ashus, she worked hard to make her dear Elijah take the best from both his motherly side and his fatherly side.
                most likely a wolf. independent, lonely, yet strongly tied to the members of his "pack" - his parents and Jose.
━━━━━━━━━
x
my dear, we go in peace or pieces.
xxx
they can't break me
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muse: ◆ ◆ ◆ ◆ ◇ | time: ◆ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇
little to no spare time, but i will
do my best to reply. sorry!

“You mustn’t blame yourself… even though it’s all your fault.”

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
i'm already broken
Sono Reizin
Orange Belt

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:57 am

1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why? No, he is the one that depends on others because he is still considered a baby dragon compared to others.
2. Is there anyone your character is dependent on? How and why? He is dependent on his tamer because his tamer takes care of him.
3. How seriously does your character take the words ‘I love you’? He finds them as such strange words because he really doesn't understand them.
4. What does your character think will happen to them once they die? He thinks he will be reborn as the wind.
5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it? He thinks he must earn it.
6. How does your character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)? He treats them kindly. He sees them and other humans as playmates.
7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal? He had a bad experience with a dog. He doesn't trust them and will blow fire at them.
8. How does your character behave around people they like or want to impress? He is all cuddles and snuggles as he shows his affection. He is very cat like.
9. How does your character behave around people they dislike?He backs away and blows fire at them.
10. How does your character handle criticism? He doesn't handle it well and will sulk.
11. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable. A crowded area mostly filled with women with high pitched voices. He is scared of women.
12. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely comfortable. A quiet stream where he can fish and play in the water.
13. What influence did your character’s father have on them? He didn't get along with his dad so he tries to be the opposite of him.
14. What influence did your character’s mother have on them? He greatly loved his mother and he got her sweet and gentle spirit.
15. What would your character’s spirit animal be and why? He doesn't have one. Though if he did it would be cat especially a kitten because he is as playful as a kitten.
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Prompt - The Grand Canyon

Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 am

“People say that when someone’s heart breaks, so does a piece of the universe, and that this creates fissures, valleys, and even cracks in the pavement. Tell me the story behind The Grand Canyon.”

An odd request. You're asking me, of all people?

You're one of the few people I can think of who fit this, so… Yeah.

I suppose I don't have much of a choice then…

The Grand Canyon. It's no ordinary crack in the ground, but, of course, you knew that. No, this canyon is four hundred and forty-six kilometers long, twenty-nine across at some points, and up to one thousand, eight hundred and fifty-seven kilometers deep. If legend holds, whatever created this must have been a serious heartbreak. What else could create such a monumental chasm?

There was a human girl once who grew up like any other. She wasn't, however. A chance encounter proved that to her.

The Doctor. A man who is well-known in the universe for many reasons. On Earth, he is a figure who is such a mystery, billions know of him. He has his own show, actually.

Yeah, yeah, I know that already, Mom.

Do you want to hear the story or not?

That's what I thought.

That girl, Addie, found herself traveling with the Doctor one day. Now, this man has caused his fair share of chasms and fissures. I believe one created Valles Marineris, which is of course the largest fissure in that solar system.

This man has lost friends, loves, family, and yet he goes on. Perhaps all of these combined to make that canyon. Perhaps not.

As I was saying, Addie found herself traveling with the Doctor one day. She never thought she'd be happier. They saved planets, peoples who might never have been otherwise, and never had much trouble.

Until, one day, they met someone who was hard, if not impossible to best. The Master is a clever man. He knows how to get what he wants. I would know.

The Master had a plan to enslave much of the human race. Addie and the Doctor managed to thwart it, but in the process, she was shot. Knowing she didn't have much time left, she told him that no one can stop everything. He held her as she died, then took off in his TARDIS. What else could he do?

So that's it?

No, my dear. That is only the beginning.

Addie never died. She thought she did, but at the last second, she regenerated.

How can a human regenerate? Simple.

They don't.

Knowing this, Addie set off to discover what happened to her. She found that she had run when she had been brought to the Time Schism. She stole a TARDIS and ran.

But she knew she couldn't run forever. So, instead, she used the Chameleon Arch to turn herself human. Her fob was damaged, allowing enough of her Time Lord essence to, over the years, rejoin with her. It gave her just enough of herself to regenerate.

She knew, then, that she would never be the same.

Taking her old TARDIS, she started traveling. She acted much like the Doctor: always helping others, never asking for praise. She disappeared as soon as she was no longer needed. Those who had been touched by her help started to give her a name. Until then, she'd simply used her human name. She definitely wasn't ever going to use her human name, because that wasn't her from the time she regenerated on.

It was by chance she learned the name she had been given. She found it ironic, considering that what she had been named always seemed to follow her. The person she learned it from said that people called her that because that's what she acted like.

Her name, or rather, the name she took on, is the Shadow.

In time, she met up with a fourth Time Lord, a woman named the Melody. They helped each other find the Doctor and they traveled together again. The Shadow, at one point, had to confess to who she was before she found she is a Time Lord, shocking the Doctor. They caught up on what happened.

The three were saviors for a long time, but for that time, the Shadow hid a secret, one she hoped to reveal one day. When the time was right, she believed.

The night came. Excitement and nervousness battled for dominance. She finally had the courage to do it.

She was going to confess to the Doctor her love.

But that night was the same that the Doctor had chosen to do the same to the Melody. The Shadow unintentionally stumbled across this.

Both hearts broken, she ran. They found her, and they went on one more adventure with the reincarnation she had. Then, she vanished.

Concerned for their friend, the Doctor and the Melody searched for her, uncovering an elaborate scheme where humans who passed were turned into Cybermen. They were horrified to discover their friend was behind it. She called it her revenge for her broken hearts.

For her, centuries had passed. She tried to get over things, but eventually everything gave way to a cold, burning fury. She vowed to take them out.

She never did.

Wait, that's it?

You asked for the story behind the Grand Canyon. That's it.

What??

Satii, I have done many things I regret. Trying to kill the Doctor and Mels is one of the things I regret most. My point is, I was completely in love with him, and hearing him choose someone else shattered my hearts. I never truly got over that, but I've learned to deal with it. They've forgiven me. We've talked. Everything is fine.

I just… Wow. The Grand Canyon, if the legend thing is true, is because of you?

Perhaps not. But that's how some would tell it.

Wow.

Yeah.

Anything else?

No. No, I think I'm good.

I'm glad. Let's go play chess, hmm?

Yeah, okay.

Words: 1001
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image
Memory.
Black Belt

❝ ─ Interview : Susuki Akio

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:41 am

Lεανε мε тσ тнιик
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Susuki Akio
── ♥ ────────── ♥ ──────── ♥ ──
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dεερ ιи мч ѕтяυcтυяε
Hidden text.
1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
"I am dependent on the humans. They live and breathe so that vampires like me can take their blood; and I appreciate them for that."
"Well let's just say... that I never kill the people that I kidnap."
"Love? Of course you love me! I am the one and only Susuki Akio!"
"Die? I'm already dead. What kind of drugs are you on?"
"Of course I deserve everything that I get! I work hard to make sure that I offer the best to my guests."
"I absolutely adore them. I adore all of the life around me."
"No, animals tend to stay very far away out of fear that they'll be next."
"You are mine. And I will kill anybody who tries to go near you. Because you are mine now, and I shall be yours."
"Just... stay away. I'll just have to adore you from afar."
"You... don't like the way I do things? Well, fine! Maybe you should just go and do your own things. Amateurs never respect good artists anyway."
"Water is nightmare to be around. I can't swim, so you can only imagine how well things go when there is water around."
"I love cuddling with my human."
"Father? Haven't heard that name in years."
"Mother, I hope you died in a fiery hell. It's not what you deserve, but it's what has to happen."
"Spirit animal? Excuse me, but I am not an animal by any means. This is an outrage! I refuse to answer anymore questions, good bye!"
Last edited by Memory. on Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.