- x LYDIA CRANE
U T 0 P 1 A
- 1. Is there anyone dependent on your character? How and why?
Up until recently, no, there wasn't. However she has since taken on the responsibility of owning and caring for a LifeBot; Ronan O'Malley. While she doesn't exactly have the desire for another being to be dependent on her in such away, she also doesn't have the heart to push away such a genuine soul. Despite the daily mishaps he somehow manages to find himself in.
2. Is there anyone your character is dependent on? How and why?
No, not at all. She is extremely independent.
3. How seriously does your character take the words ‘I love you’?
Not as seriously as she once did, they have come to lack meaning to her due to past experiences. In fact, she often finds herself afraid of them more than anything.
4. What does your character think will happen to them once they die?
Nothing. However, science has advanced far enough to transplant her conscious into an artificial body but she has since chosen to be cremated once the day arrives.
5. Does your character feel like they deserve what they want or that they must earn it?
She is a strong believer in working hard in order to get where you want to be. She has worked too hard in her career to believe that her wants should simply be handed over to her.
6. How does your character treat people in service jobs (such as waiters)?
Kindly. There was a time in which she was in their shoes.
7. Has your character had a bad experience with an animal? What was it and how do they feel towards that animal?
She was attacked by a neighbours dog as child, leaving her with some hefty scarring on her right hand and forearm. As a child is was quite traumatizing, but she has since grown out of it. Although, she still finds herself one the tense side of things when around canines and would prefer to keep her distance if possible. But she is practically taking care of a giant puppy.
8. How does your character behave around people they like or want to impress?
It's likely she will end up drinking too much, the prospect of new relationships is incredibly unsettling to her and she would prefer not to partake. The more she distances herself from them, the better. ("Like, please explain how the fuck I am supposed to expression emotions to a robot?")
9. How does your character behave around people they dislike?
To put it gently, she's an asshole. If she dislikes you, she isn't going to be shy about it.
10. How does your character handle criticism?
She doesn't love it, and will likely fight you on it - especially if it's about her skills as mechanic - but at the end of the day she will accept it. Proving that it's constructive criticism.
11. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely uncomfortable.
Being asked about her prosthetic foot, why and how it happened, she often feels those questions to be incredibly invasive. As well as being asked about her romantic past, it often triggers a fight or flight response. Unless she is the one to bring it up, which she rarely is, she will likely launch into panic mode.
12. Describe a scenario in which your character feels extremely comfortable.
Sitting in her workshop, alone, tinkering with this and that. It's her safe space, and she rarely invites other in. As well as, surprisingly, time spent with Ronan - his innocence borders on calming for her.
13. What influence did your character’s father have on them?
He always shows his children kindness and love, and hopes that they will take it into the world. Lydia father raised his three children on his own and instilled a fair level of independence in them.
14. What influence did your character’s mother have on them?
Nothing. She left the family when Lydia was quite young and she has little to no memory of her.
15. What would your character’s spirit animal be and why?
Likely a wild cat, something akin to a panther or a mountain lion. Independent, fierce, and ready to protect her family.