AS Afflatus: Issue Nine

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus - Issue 9 - Reminders & Point System

Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Reminders Just a couple of reminders for the Afflatus! x
1. When nominating a writing piece for the Featured Writing, keep in mind that nominations should come from the Share Your Writing forum (or the Fanfiction forum). Nominations can also come from any prompt event held and from the NaNoWriMo event. Nominations can also come from house run prompt threads. As long as the nomination is not from a role-play forum, it is fair game. The purpose is to shine light on individuals' personal work and stories, rather than role-plays. Make sure to include a direct link to the post.

2. Please submit all of the following through the Google form, in order to make point keeping easier.
- Dear Stag Submissions
- Prompt Suggestions
- Featured Writing Nominations
- Anonymous Compliments and Critiques

3. When posting submissions to the thread (character interviews and prompts), please make sure the words Character Interview or Prompt are there in the title post. It's not a big deal if forgotten, however. Also, please post each character interview and prompt submission separately. If you submit three things, submit them all on separate posts for easier point keeping!

4. Remember, you can post up to two (2) character interviews per issue.

5. Please keep in mind the fact that we are not professional therapists when submitting your Dear Stags. We love offering tips and trying to help out, but do keep in mind that we are not professionals and some problems may be better discussed with trusted adults or professionals.

6. Going forward, at the end of the month I will post the following on the thread: "Any posts made after this will not count towards points." I will be trying to stay consistent with this and plan on doing this on the last day of every month by 11:30 PM CST time.
x Points System x Dear Stag Submission ……………………... 5 points
Featured Writing Nomination ……………… 5 points
Future Prompt Suggestion ……………….... 5 points
Compliment Submission ………………….... 5 points
Critique/Critique Piece Submission ……….. 5 points

Character Interview Submission ………… 10 points

Prompt Submission
0-500 words ………………………. 10 points
500-1000 words ………………….. 20 points
1000-2000+ words ……………….. 30 points

Activity Participation - will vary depending on level of difficulty
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Staff Poems Activity

Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:43 pm

• THUNDER
      You taught me how to let go of broken vases
      without seeing them as broken shards,
      but rather a mosaic, of art I created.
      You are a hero.

You have the power to heal minds
      like the sun has the power
      to heal out planet.
      You are exceptional.

KAMI
      You deserve the world
      alas, all I can offer
      you are my kind words.

thank you my sweet friend
      for bringing me happiness.
      i am so thankful.

MERAKI
      i dont know you well,
      but i know you enough to
      say thanks for it all
    • DEER
      you are the girl,
      hair untamable, wild
      running with laughter
      dandelion puffs following your trail.

you are the princess,
      the moon pulls tide over tide
      for those that rufuse you.
      the summer storms recede when you bow.

you are the queen,
      loved by all around, humbled
      and a threat for enemies to cower.
      you build empires, not castles.

you are powerful.
      the many faces of your reign.

ICHOR.
      we fall in love with others faster,
      than we fall in love with ourselves.
      remember your worth
      is more than a thousand diamonds
      because you shine brighter than they do.
Memory.
Black Belt

Character Interview : Haruka Hayate.

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:22 pm

─ ● ────────────── ● ──────────── ● ─
    𝐼𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓉, 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝑒
    ═════════════════════════════════
    𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝒷𝓁𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝓀 𝑜𝓃 𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                  • What kind of discipline did your character receive at home? Strict, lenient, none?
                    Everything was always fine and fun, and he had a good relationship with his parents until his mother died. From then on his father had become stricter.
                    Was your character overprotected and/or sheltered by their parents?
                    Only when his mother was alive.
                    Did your character feel rejected as a child by their parents or anyone else? If so, why?
                    Yes; even as an adult he's been rejected by everybody that he's known.
                    How does your character feel about religion?
                    "There is no God, Heaven is run by a woman who can never seem to get her head on straight".
                    Does your character like school?
                    He enjoyed school to an extent while he was still going, and he was actually kind of just like a big nerd who loved computer games and programming stuff.
                    Is/Was your character involved in any sports, clubs, etc. in school?
                    He was part of the gaming club, as well as the anime club. Those were the only clubs where he felt like he could be himself.
                    Did your character graduate? If so, what’s the highest degree they have?
                    No, he's never graduated from high school. He died when he was in his Junior year.
                    What does your character do for a living? Are they where they want to be?
                    He has yet to find a job, but hopefully he'll find one soon. He's not exactly where he wants to be, seeing as how he's a fallen angel and everything, but he'll manage.
                    Does your character travel? How often and where have they been?
                    He doesn't travel. Any traveling done would be to the store a half a mile down the street.
                    What does your character want from a partner?
                    He wants his partner to stop being an asshole be responsible, but that's probably never going to happen.
                    What are your character’s hobbies and interests?
                    When he was alive it was video games and anime, and now his only interest is to find a place to live while also trying to control himself from wreaking havoc upon the world.
                    Is your character forgiving or do they hold grudges?
                    It depends on the crime
                    What is one thing your character can never forgive? Has anyone done this thing? Who was it and how did the character feel?
                    He can't stand it when people cheat on him.
                    What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from their childhood? Why?
                    When he and his mother used to play in the garden. That's the only happy time from when he was a kid.
                    What is your character typically doing on a Saturday afternoon? Give details.
                    Lounging around, sleeping even though he doesn't need to sleep. Nothing can really wake him up either, but maybe they should so that they don't think he's dead or anything. The only time he'll wake up is if he promised to help out with something beforehand, or if someone actually wants to hang out with him, but that's unlikely. He's a terrible date.
Memory.
Black Belt

Character Interview : Adam Achille

Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:37 pm

𝕀'𝕞 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕠𝕜𝕒𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕤𝕖 𝕕𝕒𝕪𝕤
    𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕘𝕠 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕀 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕪
                  • What kind of discipline did your character receive at home? Strict, lenient, none?
                    There really was never very much to discipline, considering Adam has always been a sensitive boy who would never dream of causing trouble for anybody.
                    At one point, yes.
                    Did your character feel rejected as a child by their parents or anyone else? If so, why?
                    No, he actually thinks he's had a pretty good childhood despite growing up poor and unable to go to school.
                    He doesn't really know anything about the matter.
                    He likes the idea of school.
                    Nope
                    Nope
                    He harvests dragon scales so that they can be used as armor or decoration depending on the toughness.
                    No, he prefers to stay within the confines of the town.
                    For him not to destroy the world completely.
                    He likes to read and write, and that's about it. His job is enjoyable, but he finds it a bit cruel.
                    He's too forgiving: What's the point in holding a grudge when we're all going to die anyway?
                    What is one thing your character can never forgive? Has anyone done this thing? Who was it and how did the character feel?
                    There's really nothing that he won't forgive. Even if you treat him like trash, he'll just be happy to be in the company of other people.
                    What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from their childhood? Why?
                    When he was younger is mother used to read books with him when he got sick.
                    Getting up, going to work on finding those dragon scales. He can't really afford a day off, but he doesn't care all too much.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:00 pm

CHARACTER USED: Iris Rivera
x
What kind of discipline did your character receive at home? Strict, lenient, none?
xxx"My parents were very loving people. They never laid a finger on me or any of my younger siblings and whenever any of us quarrelled with each other, there was never any aggression. Though, I have to agree that they were fairly strict when it came to certain topics. I was rarely allowed to even read up on things that had something to do with the LGBT community due to the religious beliefs of my parents. Of course, they didn't beat me whenever my curiosity got the best of me, but I could tell that they weren't too pleased. But I don't hate my parents for wanting to have a little bit of control over my life. I guess they were pretty lenient on a lot of things that I wanted to learn about."

xxx"Not really. I was free to do as I pleased as long as it didn't go against the beliefs of my parents. And even when it did, they weren't too strict about most of my misdemeanours. If something went wrong in school, they were the first people, who stood up for me, so I guess that they were the typical protective parents."

xxx"No, not at all. As I've mentioned earlier, my parents loved all of their children, so we really weren't short on affection. I guess not many are as lucky as we were."

xxx"I want to think that I'm neutral, but the longer I live, the more I realise that religion is useless as a social construct. Is there really a need to blame a higher power for our own failures? My parents were very loyal believers but they believed something that didn't make sense in the community of today. Even now, when most of the world has turned into nothing but ash and death, religious cult can't do anything apart distancing the few survivors who are still alive and healthy. I think religion is pointless."

xxx"I didn't really like school when I used to go there. I just didn't fit in with the other kids and due to all of the bullying, I started associating school with negativity and emotional pain. I did love university, though. Attending art school was everything I had ever dreamed of and it's a shame that it ended only after a year and a half."

xxx"I used to be on the school's volleyball team. And the so-called prodigy of my Arts class. But I wasn't popular enough to go anywhere else. So just those two 'clubs'."

xxx"I finished all twelve grades, which included an advanced course of English Literature and History. After graduating from that, I started on my Bachelor's degree in Arts, but that never really happened due to the whole apocalypse beginning and most of humanity turning into bloodthirsty undead. So, I'm not exactly a genius."

xxx"I'm a half-infected individual, who only has her dog to rely on. No human settlements want me around them and I'm always left by myself. There have been people who tried shooting me just because I growled at them. It's not exactly very nice to be held below thrash, but you learn how to live with it. As for the question, it's nothing like the life I had imagined for myself. But it's not as bad as it could be, of course. I could have turned into a zombie with no feelings and no sense of myself."

xxx"Not really. I stay in my secured flat and try not to move too far away from whenever I can get food or clean water. But I've travelled around the States a bit. I've been to Texas and Kansas, I've visited Washington and I've even been to Las Vegas once. Right now, I usually mingle around Georgia, especially Savannah. "

xxx"To accept me, I guess. Sorry, I'm not exactly the one for relationships."

xxx"I love drawing and Parkour. I adore moving around and stretching out my muscles whenever I'm upset or stressed. Drawing isn't as easy as it used to be, but I manage to draw in the sand whenever I visit a beach or find some sandy canyons while exploring. And when there's nothing else to do, I drink tea and read books."

xxx"I tend to forgive and forget. I guess that it's a characteristic that I've inherited from my parents, who rarely ever held grudges. I'm incredibly proud of this fact."

xxx"I cannot forgive myself for killing my parents when they turned completely and attacked me, forcing me into my current position. I could've just fled and they would still be alive, just locked inside of our flat, but something just snapped inside of me and I went berserk. It's a terrible memory and I hate talking about it with other people; many don't understand why I'm angry at myself for acting in self-defence and others just think of me as a heartless monster. It's just a terrible memory."

xxx"The birth of my younger siblings, who were twins. It was a magical experience and while I'm not a big fan of kids, they were just too cute to ignore or be mad at. I pampered them too much during my life, but it was a nice feeling to be looked up to. Most of my beloved memories are related to my family and my life with them."

xxx"I keep Saturdays for resting. I don't do anything important on those days. I just sleep in, make some tea and grab some food. And I read throughout the day or go out for a walk. I just make sure that I'm ready to take on another long week of work, which usually begins on Sundays for me. But Saturdays are meant for my sleep."
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Character Interview

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:13 pm

Rabbit (new oc)

What kind of discipline did your character receive at home? Strict, lenient, none?
Well, this pretty little white and silver haired thing didn’t exactly...have a home, so to speak. Her father died when she was little, and her mum disappeared just two years later.

Again, father died when she was very little. Mum may have, but again, disappeared when Bunny (nickname) was still pretty young.

Perhaps you could say this, since her mother just kind of walked out, never coming back. Her father didn’t choose to die, and so she doesn’t blame him for anything.

She doesn’t exactly mind it. She doesn’t know what to think of Atheists, though she believes in the Father. However, though someone might consider Atheism a religion, she doesn’t see it as such for... obvious reasons.

She’s still a teenager, 16, so she’s still in school, but anyway...She sees it as necessary, everyone tells her to stay in school. I’d say it’s fifty fifty, there are classes she likes and others she doesn’t.

She was convinced to be in the Anime/Manga club, which she finds she greatly enjoys. She’s thinking of track, or maybe tennis, as she likes to keep active and thinks those could be fun.

Hasn’t graduated yet, because, as stated, she’s 16. She’s still in tenth grade.

High school student, doesn’t have a part time job (yet).

When there’s school trips, or on the off chance her foster family does, or any of the people from the orphanage invite her along on their family vacations. (she was only in the orphanage a few weeks, then they found a foster family who really wanted her)

She’s not thinking about that kind of thing yet. She barely even thinks about dating at the moment.

Anime, animals, manga, horseback riding, running and playing, books, cuddling, playing with stray cats, tennis, basketball a little bit, some video games, working with animals in the future, keeping active.

She’s...it’s kind of hard to tell. Not too many people have wronged her, and a lot of the ones who did were back in Elementary school, stolen juice boxes and stupid things like that.

Um, there’s two...but let’s go with murder, which I’m sure no one could forgive. Of course people have committed murder, all throughout history...but no one Bunny personally knows. Still, she despises people who could kill another for no good reason, other than they’re in a gang, or to cover up something else evil which they did.

Well...she did find a tiny kitten and a young dog once, when she was like ten. The dog, a female, growled when she tried to get close to her and the kitten, a boy. It stuck with her, because she was so amazed a creature of one species could be so maternal and protective of a baby of a completely different species, especially since her own mother had left her behind...

She has a few friends, so when May and Lily say it’s okay, she’ll usually go out somewhere with them, provided an adult sibling or chaperone whom can be trusted is there...Otherwise, she stays home and spends time with her mums, helping with the puppy and the cats. She’ll also sit on the couch with Kody and Kaya, watching cartoons with the little ones.
ironic
Black Belt
House: Sagacitas

Issue Nine: Interview with the Hitwoman

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:09 pm

Image Image Image
CHARACTER INTERVIEW
SPENCER QUINN CASEY
  • 1. What kind of discipline did your character receive at home? Strict, lenient, none?
    Spencer grew up in a very passively strict household. There was a very defined and clear path of life imposed on both Spencer and her younger brother by their mother whilst the two of them were growing up. Spencer grew up under her mother's thumb, even if it never truly seemed that way to her until she got older. Her mother expected her to be the star student of her high school, and she was; her mother expected her to be the head cheerleader, and she was; point being that Spencer did what her mother expected her to do up until the point where she stopped. She never really faced any discipline because she never really had a toe out of line until she got old enough to realize that the life her mother had set her out towards was not the life she really wanted. By then, it was too late for Evelyn Casey to interfere with what Spencer wanted to do.

2. Was your character overprotected and/or sheltered by their parents?
    Spencer wasn't necessarily sheltered, but she wasn't exactly let to run loose either. As she got older she got more freedoms and what not, but she never got to be completely autonomous while growing up. At the end of the day, during her formative years, Spencer was still more or less kept on her mom's reigns.

3. Did your character feel rejected as a child by their parents or anyone else? If so, why?
    Spencer never felt rejected by her parents. She was very assured in the fact that she was their picture perfect daughter come to life considering she did everything her mother asked and expected of her to a tee really. She might have been dissatisfied with her own lifestyle growing up, but her parents loved every bit of it.

4. How does your character feel about religion?
    Spencer doesn't believe in any particular religion. If she had to identify with anything, she'd likely identify with deism. While she believes in the existence of God, she doesn't see it as a direct influence on her own life and she hasn't taken the time to actually figure out where her faith should lie.

5. Does your character like school?
    Spencer actually does like school, more so because she enjoys learning. In high school, university, and law school, she did extraordinarily well and achieved top marks in her class three times around, because she actually does enjoy sitting down and looking at material just for the sake of knowing it. She thinks that everyone would be better off if they went to school and saw getting and education through.

6. Is/Was your character involved in any sports, clubs, etc. in school?
    In high school, Spencer was head of the cheerleading team, part of the debate team, student body vice president two years running, the chair of the prom committee, and captain of the lacrosse team. At university, she continued to be a cheerleader at a division I level, still was a part of the debate team, did various clubs that helped out with community outreach and charity. Then, in law school, Spencer was just a part of some recreational sports teams.

7. Did your character graduate? If so, what’s the highest degree they have?
    Spencer graduated from UC Berkley with a bachelor's of science in physics, then took the LSAT and went to law school at Stanford and graduated summa cum laude.

9. What does your character do for a living? Are they where they want to be?
    Spencer is currently a hitwoman and contract killer who cleans up after herself for untraceable crimes, and as of right now under the employment of one singular person. As a day job, she works as an art curator at a museum and collector of priceless antiques. She's very content with her life as it is right now.

10. Does your character travel? How often and where have they been?
    She travels quite frequently and to many different parts of the world. She's been to most of the major capitals of the world to do business, some of the shadier cities in the world (also to do business), and on numerous Caribbean islands vacationing, whether those islands be private or not. One of her favorite places is a little private island off of the coast of Greece that she 'repossessed' from one of her former targets

11. What does your character want from a partner?
    An adventure. Spencer could never stand being with someone who'd settle for a mundane life - she would grow bored of it all too quickly, especially considering her indefinite lifespan. Yet, beyond that, the person has to capture her interest and be a complex individual that she can't quickly read or figure out, especially in regards to motivation. She is a smart girl, with questionable morals, and she likes learning, so she'd opt for someone who presented a challenge or knew things she didn't know so that a conversation could keep going. It also would not hurt if her partner was good-looking, charismatic, and also of questionable moral.

12. What are your character’s hobbies and interests?
    Museums. Spencer loves museums actually; she likes relishing in the past and looking at old art and taking in every detail of ancient artifacts. She likes to garden: mostly flora, but some herbs as well because she likes to add that to her cooking from time to time (though let it be known she is not a terribly good chef, she's just mediocre enough for it to be decent cooking). She likes reading old worn books and browsing through thrift shops for them, reading the notes of past owner's in the margin. She's also fairly interest in cocktail making? It's something she's trying to pick up in the least.

13. Is your character forgiving or do they hold grudges?
    Spencer? Forgiving? Ha. Spencer's probably one of the least benevolent people you'll ever see about. She is very far from merciful, and god help anyone who dares cross her because it's like signing a death warrant. Spencer is not one to let go of someone who wronged her or something she cares for. In fact, as a vengeful person, she will take steps towards demolishing them until they're little more than a shell of what they used to be. Needless to say, she most certainly can hold a grudge.

14. What is one thing your character can never forgive? Has anyone done this thing? Who was it and how did the character feel?
    Spencer doesn't forgive a lot of things, but most of all, she doesn't forgive a lack of loyalty, especially when it comes with hypocrisy. If someone accuses her of cheating each and every time she's with a male friend, but cheats on her? Unforgivable by all means. Her ex-fiance did just that and Spencer was absolutely devastated for about an hour before she got angry and vicious about it all.

15. What is one strong memory that has stuck with your character from their childhood? Why?
    Spencer remembers one Christmas when she was a junior in high school and their parents left her and Wes at a ski resort while they dashed off to a business meeting after an awkward Christmas dinner. So the two of them decided to stir up a ruckus in the lodge, chasing each other around the halls and tearing it down the slopes and she distinctly recalls the whole affair as her best Christmas. At the end of the day, her most vivid memory of that instance was when she pushed Wes down the wooden hallways in one of the rolling office chairs they took out of the conference room.

16. What is your character typically doing on a Saturday afternoon? Give details.
    Spencer wakes up early, regardless of whether she has an assignment or not, she always wakes at seven in the morning. She then makes herself a breakfast, usually fried eggs on toast with some fruit and coffee with almond milk on the side. After that she likes to keep busy and run her errands of the day, whether that be getting her dry cleaning in or back, submitting paperwork, perusing for new art to add to the gallery, or just making sure her flat is clean. Usually she'll then either check up on some people to make sure they're doing fine, and possibly invite some over for tea or lunch. After that she likes to spend the afternoon out shopping. Saturday night is a night in for her, and she likes to drag Dante into it with her and if they spend all their time in bed the next day? Well shit happens.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Issue Nine Prompt

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:31 am

You wake up in a room to find that the only way to escape is by writing the name of a real person on a piece of paper. This will kill that person.

39, from what i think is an FNAF joke or parody game. but it wasn’t fan made? i don’t actually know. And, yes, my oc’s name is Sam. The Sam from the game died.

Humanoid 39 x oc Sam

warnings: well, there might be some touching, don’t know if it’ll get sexual.
death? does that need a warning tag?

The tannish (sandy light brown) haired boy blinked a few times when he awoke, groaning softly and feeling a slight, pounding pain in his head, squeezing his eyes shut to attempt to ease the pain in his head a little bit. He whimpered softly and, briefly without his sight because of his actions, he moved his hand around on the blanket, bumping it against a table leg and moving along the bedside stand surface until he found the top. A few moments of ‘flailing’ later, his hand brushed his glasses and he picked them up, holding them close but carefully. He flinched when someone else’s hand brushed his, but relaxed at the familiar voice. “Sammy boy, looks like they left something to help with the head pain...” 39 sighed, rubbing something cool but slightly stingy on what Sam was sure must be a bump, then placing a bandage over it, offering him the chewable little orangey pain meds and water glass thereafter. Once Sam finally opened his eyes, the bunny man smiled at him.

Sam tried not to blush at that smile, shaking his head, and offered his own smile back. They both jerked when the big screen on the opposite wall, which they just now noticed, flickered to life...Two men, dressed all in black and wearing masks, appeared on that screen. 39, moving to sit nearer the young man now, could feel the tan haired male trembling now, the human male flinching away at the images reflected upon the screen, men whom must be so scary to him. Reaching a hand out, he slid it over Sam’s, his other arm snaking to pull the human onto his lap, instead of up against him. The gray eyed boy flushed at the action, and was sure the bunny man could feel the thunder of his heart now. One masked man snorted, the other outright laughing, and 39 narrowed his eyes in irritation, nuzzling Sam’s hair a bit before giving a silent demand of the men.

Clearing their throats, in unison they opened their mouths. “We have a little...game, if you will. To escape the room, you must write the name of a living person. There are two of you in here, could be very easy...” At the implications, Sam let out a strangled noise, shoving his face into 39’s chest and whimpering. The screen flicked off before the rabbit had time to glare at them again, 39 now focusing on stroking the soft light brown hair and hushing his companion. “I...I...I w-won’t kill you...” Sam said, and 39 shook his head. “And I won’t kill you. Let me distract you...” 39 said into the male’s ear, punctuating it with a small nip. He felt the shudder roll through Sam, and Sam made a small sound as he felt the heat start rolling over him, rather just a warmth right now.

The light brown haired human continued those small sounds, shivering when the bunny man chuckled and licked his neck. He jerked at the hand running down his body...Moments later Sam panted, held securely in the bigger male’s arms, coming down from the ‘high’ the pleasure had brought him to. 39 smiled as he kissed the smaller male, refusing to look to the screen, just enjoying the moment now.
(ts)
The two males had spent at least a week in here, though they couldn’t be sure without a calendar or Sam’s phone. They’d thought it wouldn’t be so bad actually, being alone together every moment of every day, able to get intimate. The men didn’t exactly bother them, much, and it was great strengthening their relationship, their bond.

However...That was a week gone by with no food, no water, nothing hygienic for Sam...The boy was hungry, likely dehydrated, and now 39 was sure Sam was coming down with a fever, too...The bunny man glared at the screen, wondering if they were being viewed right now, then turned to his beloved lover. “Sam...Sam.” the bunny man said, lightly tapping his cheeks to try and rouse him. When Sam opened his eyes, shivering like he was cold despite that his body felt so hot, 39 laid a hand gently on his cheek. “Sam...You have to write my name on that paper...” Sam shook his head, saying “No, no!” then continued shaking his head back and forth, until 39 stopped him with his hands. “You must! I won’t let you die in here...” the glasses-bound bunny said. Sam whimpered softly, trying to say no again, but 39 stopped him with his lips.

”Do it...” 39 said, with the accent Sam had grown so fond of, and the boy swallowed, tears rolling down his cheeks as he began to cry. Somehow, 39 knew this meant he’d do it, and the bunny man said “Good boy...” lying his forehead to the young man’s a moment. He squeezed Sam’s hand, sliding his away a moment later and stepping back, after gently nudging the boy towards the table, upon which the pen and paper lay. Sam looked back at him, hand trembling, then picked up the pen and wrote... He hurried back to 39, making small sounds of clear anguish, and the bunny man held him, petting his hair and kissing his head. After only moments, Sam felt 39 sliding down his body, to the floor. The bunny man reached up to touch Sam’s cheek, as Sam leaned over him, the human crying again. “I love you, Sam...Good bye...” he said, then his eyes shut and he was still.

The men opened the door moments later, allowing Sam to go free, and he almost seemed like a robot when he walked out onto the street. A woman passing by noticed his state, calling medics, and he was taken to the hospital.

(there’s the end)

(960 words)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

Interview #2

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:03 am

Kurona (might link)

Well, since most versions of her involve she and her brother losing their family or being left alone one way or another...She and Timothy stuck together, and relatives never really gave discipline, nor did the parents before they...Being dog spirits (spirit dogs? there’s a difference), they already knew how to behave, anyway.

Refer to question one...S’pose, when they were very little, they were overprotected, definitely at birth because all dogs do that with their newborns.

(this one story i’m referring to was thought of a while ago...forgive me if I can’t remember)
They were probably too young to understand, when their parents vanished from their lives, so no. However, in one idea of mine, the parents had died and the siblings stuck around their home to try to keep it from being taken away and demolished by the government (or whatever). I think I said their cousins and one aunt and uncle didn’t really like them so, yeah, probably by them.

Well, they’re Japanese dog spirits, so...their kind protects shrines, temples, grounds, whatever, and might even keep watch over and try to protect the priest(s) and family. Anyhow, she’s seen all kinds, and doesn’t judge any of them, not even Atheists she finds scoffing at the bottom of the stone stairs.

She never really went to school, didn’t really want to get involved. The priests and other humans she really liked, she showed herself too, and they took it upon themselves to teach her and Timothy things. The dogs also sneaked around human dwellings and buildings, overhearing things...They’d ask adults whom they trusted and showed themselves to, and learned that way.

see above.

See above...she didn’t graduate a human school, but someone managed to get the siblings the graduation thingies (why can’t i remember what they’re called...) so they could go to college, and they actually went. They graduated college, still thinking on what major Kurona would’ve taken.

She hasn’t gotten a job yet, but she could if she wanted to, she’s thinking about it...She considers being Kei Nozaki’s friend a living, and she loves it. She quite happy with the life she’s got.

Well, they’re Ayakashi/Yokai, so if Kurona wanted to, she could easily sneak on a plane or boat...She also knows some high level Kami and Yokai, whom could probably transport or teleport her where she wanted to go.

Well...she kind of found the person she likes...A very confusing person, mind you, whom has...big assets, but she somehow binds them down to crossdress as a guy...Anyway! Kurona really likes Gabri, and doesn’t want to be with anyone else (why the crazy mafia person with the trigger happy tendencies, though?)

Being a dog, she loves food, especially meats, so I suppose that’s an interest. Other interests: learning, dogs, Gabri, blankets, books...
Hobbies: people watching, playing with dogs, watching Kei with cats, cuddling, reading books, swimming, going with Gabri to do stuff, visiting Hiroshi (bc he’s a wolf), playing with Stella and Azusa.

She’s a dog, she changes...She can forgive people she loves and cares for, usually they wrong her without meaning to. Strangers don’t get this same courtesy...

Again, this girl can’t forgive two things, but she kind of has to forgive murder...if it’s Gabri...Gabri hasn’t killed anyone in a while, though. Also, r@pe, but I don’t want to talk about that. Here’s something I can talk about, though: betrayal...That aunt, uncle, and those cousins betrayed her, and even her dead parents, by wanting nothing to do with her and Timothy. She hated them for so long after that.

There was nothing, really, from her childhood, but...the strongest memory that stuck with her was when Kei walked right up to her, and asked her to be his friend. She was so surprised a kid that bit younger than her would want to be her friend, and so she agreed. He brought her to Iori’s bar, wanting to show his new friend off, and his brothers were there, talking with their friend, so they met her too.

She wakes up, gets dressed, eats breakfast, drinks water, goes to the toilet, brushes her teeth...Then sees about hanging out with someone, anyone...Usually, Kei is busy with Haruka, Hiroshi, and Jessica, so she does some people watching and exploring with Timothy, then goes to find Gabri. She sticks to the mafioso as much as possible, then returns home for a snack, or in some cases just in time for dinner.
(whoops, went through the whole day...)
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:47 pm

CHARACTER USED: Ray Kavanagh
x
xxx"My parents were nobles, so it's only natural for them to be fairly strict about discipline. I was to be brought up as a fine young man and I'm almost completely certain that if they had lived for a bit longer, I would have become the heir that my father wanted me to become. But they were also lenient on many things that I wanted to do in my free time, especially if it involved the Church or anything connected to music. I can't say that I had a very bad life, but it was certainly quite strict of an upbringing."

xxx"Those are very powerful words. My parents weren't exactly overprotective, but they weren't sheltering me, either. I grew up leading a very normal life. And even if they watched over my every step, I was too young to realise that before they passed away. I don't regret a single thing they did for me during my childhood."

xxx"No, not really. As I've mentioned before, they were very concerned about my upbringing and they rarely left me alone for too long. Thus I wasn't really rejected by them."

xxx"I believe that there is some sort of a higher power above us, but I don't really think whatever God is out there would shine their light on me. I've been working as an assassin for a very long time and I sincerely doubt that someone in the heavens would smile down to someone of my occupation. But I respect other believers."

xxx"I never got the chance to attend anything like a school during my youth, so I'm kind of neutral about it. Of course, I think of it as a very useful thing."

xxx"No. I didn't have the chance to attend any of them because I left Ireland when I was only seven years old and ended up being homeless for most of my childhood."

xxx"As stated earlier, my education was achieved in mostly non-school-related institutions and it wasn't exactly focused on reading or learning how to count, either."

xxx"I'm definitely not where I had imagined being when I grew up. As a child, I wanted to be connected to music and the fine arts, but the world had something different in store for me. Currently, I'm a part of a guild of assassins and I kill people for a living. I doubt that you could call it as an honourable way of living but it keeps me fed and warm. The people I work with are like a second family to me and they were the ones, who took me away from the streets and into their warm base."

xxx"I haven't really been anywhere apart from Ireland and France. So, no, I don't really leave the country's capital anymore."

xxx"Nothing. My occupation is much too dangerous for me to ever get romantically involved with someone. At least, seriously. A one-night stand isn't anything very serious, so I don't mind having those every now and then. But I'd like for them not to be too clingy. Becoming attached to someone isn't how I deal with problems."

xxx"I love archery. Whenever I have a spare while, I spend it firing arrows at the practice dummies we have in our underground base. I also like reading books and learning more about the world from time to time. And while I don't have a lot of opportunities or time for it, I'd consider myself a very eager traveller."

xxx"I'm a forgiving person. At least, most of the time. But if someone manages to piss me off a lot and I have to wait until I can teach them a lesson, I will hold a grudge."

xxx"I can't forgive myself for not being able to do anything when my family was killed off together with all of our servants. You could say that I blame the guards for not being fast enough, but that'd be a terrible lie. I just wanted to be stronger back then and I'm still not strong enough to get my revenge. Much like back then, I still feel like a small child, who had his world ripped out from under his feet. But I'll never stop training in order to kill those, who ruined my life. You can bet on that."

xxx"I don't really have many childhood memories. Obviously, the one that sticks with me the most is when my family was murdered. That one never leaves me."

xxx"It depends on the Saturday, really. I can be either found training, spending time relaxing and reading or I can be out completing a contract and ending someone's life."