AS Afflatus: Issue Eleven

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus - Issue 11 - Reminders & Point System

Sun May 06, 2018 6:45 pm

Reminders Just a couple of reminders for the Afflatus! x
1. When nominating a writing piece for the Featured Writing, keep in mind that nominations should come from the Share Your Writing forum (or the Fanfiction forum). Nominations can also come from any prompt event held and from the NaNoWriMo event. Nominations can also come from house run prompt threads. As long as the nomination is not from a role-play forum, it is fair game. The purpose is to shine light on individuals' personal work and stories, rather than role-plays. Make sure to include a direct link to the post.

2. Please submit all of the following through the Google form, in order to make point keeping easier.
- Dear Stag Submissions
- Prompt Suggestions
- Featured Writing Nominations
- Anonymous Compliments and Critiques

3. When posting submissions to the thread (character interviews and prompts), please make sure the words Character Interview or Prompt are there in the title post. It's not a big deal if forgotten, however. Also, please post each character interview and prompt submission separately. If you submit three things, submit them all on separate posts for easier point keeping!

4. Remember, you can post up to two (2) character interviews per issue.

5. Please keep in mind the fact that we are not professional therapists when submitting your Dear Stags. We love offering tips and trying to help out, but do keep in mind that we are not professionals and some problems may be better discussed with trusted adults or professionals.

6. Going forward, at the end of the month I will post the following on the thread: "Any posts made after this will not count towards points." I will be trying to stay consistent with this and plan on doing this on the last day of every month by 11:30 PM CST time.
x Points System x Dear Stag Submission ……………………... 5 points
Featured Writing Nomination ……………… 5 points
Future Prompt Suggestion ……………….... 5 points
Compliment Submission ………………….... 5 points
Critique/Critique Piece Submission ……….. 5 points

Character Interview Submission ………… 10 points

Prompt Submission
0-500 words ………………………. 10 points
500-1000 words ………………….. 20 points
1000-2000+ words ……………….. 30 points

Activity Participation - will vary depending on level of difficulty
Deer
Overseer
House: Halcyon

Prompt - Capri Sun

Sun May 06, 2018 7:30 pm

Serena + Brandon || Guns and Love Universe || Mention of knives || 1,027 words
          Her emerald eyes were still watching Brandon with surprise, the redhead not quite getting what this all was about. Yes, she understood that her brother had placed her under Brandon’s wing, but she didn’t get what she was doing here exactly. Her eyes casted around the bar, tagging after Brandon as he went down a set of stairs and opened up a hidden hallway. The assassin remained silent as he guided the young redhead through the hallway, the combat boots tapping loudly on the floor in his usual threaded signature. After a few steps he paused, seemingly realizing something. He turned around to the redhead, who was standing at the start of the dark hallway, clearly hesitating to walk in.

He sighed, returning to the start of the hallway and reaching inside his backpack, getting out a flashlight and handing it over to the redhead. "Here. This is yours now." he said, switching it on with a charming wink before he turned back to where he was heading. The redhead followed him, glad that there was at least a bit of light in the dark hallway now. She was claustrophobic, so walking through narrow and dark hallways wasn’t her most favorite thing to do.

"Now, you have to promise me to keep silent about this. There are only a select few who know of this place. I’d like to keep it that way." His piercing eyes turned to watch her, the redhead letting out a shy nod as agreement. "Say it." Brandon demanded.

"I promise I won’t tell anyone." the redhead said, watching Brandon with a steady gaze. The assassin watched her for a few moments before he turned around to the locked door facing them, starting to unlock it. It was clear it was secured quite well, the door being of metal and all kind of high tech electronics were needed to unlock it. Not that it took much time for Brandon to do, she figured this was his official hide out.

Once the door unlocked, Brandon stepped in, gesturing for Serena to follow after him. She complied, entering the hide-out and gazing around. It was mostly an empty room, padded with soft mats which could only make the girl think of this being a training ground. Some paper targets were hanging at the wall, a few chairs here and there… But most of the room was filled with big metal cabins filled with weapons.

She froze at that realisation, turning to watch Brandon who was only watching her with an amused smirk on his face. "Yes, little red. Welcome to my vault." Brandon said, walking on and knowing the girl would either follow or not. He didn’t really care about it at the moment. "Dan asked me to keep an eye out for you, but I think both of us agree it is the best if you know how to keep an eye out for yourself. I won’t be around all the time so you need to have a way to defend yourself."

Swiping a tag over one of the many locks, he opened up one of the cabinets to reveal a rack of weapons. "I’m only not quite sure yet what to give you." Brandon said, taking out a small gun and reaching it out to the redhead. "Perhaps this one?" he questioned, causing for Serena’s eyes to widen even further.

"A gun? Guns kill people! Do you want me to shoot someone?" Serena exclaimed, causing for the assassin to burst into laughter. "Guns aren’t to kill people. They are to warn people and protect yourself." He was still holding out the gun to her, noticing the hesitant look in her eyes and somewhere the assassin knew this wasn’t going to be right. "No, wait. Nevermind. You are not a gun person. You are much more… sensitive." Brandon said. "Stupid I didn’t think about that." Putting the gun back in the case, he locked the cabinet back up and walked over to another one, opening it to reveal a rack of knives this time. "This is more your style."

The redhead finally unfroze, slowly approaching Brandon to let her emerald eyes cast over the graceful shapes of the knives. "Knives? You think I am a knife person?" she asked, voice barely louder as a whisper as she was surprised. Everyone could fire a gun but to yield a knife needed a bit more training. Or well, to successfully yield a knife.

"Yes, I think you are. You can do damage control. You’re the type for damage control." Brandon said, a smirk covering his face. "Yeah, but, I mean. I don’t think I could ever stab someone. I mean, let’s be honest. I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun."

"Capri Sun? Seriously, Rena? That’s all you got? A Capri Sun reference?" Brandon shook his head, a short laugh escaping from his lips as this girl had something special. "Please, do not worry about that. Once we finish with your training, no Capri Sun can stop you." His focus moved back to the selection of knives, eyes casting over them as he looked for something which would fit her. "Come here, little Red. I want you to pick your knife." Brandon said, watching the girl come closer and cast her eyes over the knives. She seemed to be hesitant, but Brandon felt that she had an affinity with the knives. It wasn’t that she was hesitant because she didn’t want to pick a knife. She merely was hesitant because she did not know what knife to choose.

So he gave her all the time in the world to study the knives. He allowed her to pick them up, yield them in her hand and put them up to inspection. Frankly she was being quite secure for someone choosing their first knife. Most people just grabbed the first they saw. Eventually, she settled on one of the more graceful knives. It was small, easy to hide on your body, but could do quite a lot of damage if used correctly. "You made the right decision, little Red. Time to go stab some Capri Sun."
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Issue Eleven Prompt

Tue May 08, 2018 12:13 am

“I don’t think I could ever stab someone. I mean, let’s be honest. I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.”

WC: 625

Cienna sighed as she pulled down her hood, glad the obstacle training outdoors was done for the day. It was hot outside, and she just wanted to get back inside the main building, besides the fact it was about lunchtime now, too. She tried not to blush when her belly grumbled, anticipating the meal and that special promise of ice cream. She headed inside, rolling up her sleeves, grabbing a tray and sliding it along the metal, pausing at each server to get a serving of each food, grinning when she saw the ice cream. She’d just sat down to dig in, when someone tapped her on the shoulder, causing her to jump and force back a yelp.

Sitting right beside her was Henri, a new friend and one of her teachers, for lack of a better word. He was more like a mentor, as he was only a few years older, but had been here much longer then she. The fifteen year old, ginger haired and light brown eyed girl attempted to give him a glare, but when the brown haired boy with the green eyes smiled at her, she felt her belly do a jump, her heart seeming to skip a beat and pick up pace a bit. Shaking her head at herself, she sighed at his antic and tilted her head as she regarded. “Henri, why are you here?” she asked, knowing he usually skipped lunch, though that was kind of a stupid thing to do, not as stupid as skipping out on breakfast if you’d woken up, and in this line of business you definitely woke up...As early as possible, at that.

The reason skipping lunch was stupid was because, besides the fact the hunger could distract you, the loud sounds of your belly’s complaints could also give you away, especially if you were close enough to your target, not to mention if slipping passed guards. Shaking herself of distracted thoughts, Cienna continued to look at Henri, as he soon opened his mouth to speak. He said “I need you to come with me. One of the trainers says you look like you’d be good at this.” “Good at what?” the girl asked, but followed him none the less. She was led to a room, lined by knives, knives on walls, knives on tables, even knives in a few crevices...Cienna tilted her head as she looked at Henri, slowly turning fullly to face him as he’d stayed near the door. “Henri...” she starrted, then sighed as she shook her head. “Knives, really? You know I can barely get the straw in the Capri sun...I don’t think I could stab someone, I’d probably miss.”

Henri shook his head, saying “Really? You can’t get the straw in?” A voice spoke up, a voice that caused Cienna to jump, a voice that said “To be fair, it is kind of hard to get the straw into those tiny holes...” Cienna saw the knife master’s apprentice, Jeila, standing there, and noddded to her, then Henri gestured tothe knives. “You can have two...” he muttered, then watched her. Cienna hummed as she walked along the walls and tables, stopping at a midnight blue handled knife and picking it up, testing it. “This one...” she said, then wandered to a crevice and found one which could be strapped to an arm or a leg. “And this one...” she said and Henri nodded.

“Now let’s get you to practice...Can’t have you missing their vital spots, like your straw misses the hole...” hee muttered, then chuckled. Cienna snorted, sighing, then left the room aafter him.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu May 10, 2018 1:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Issue Eleven Interview 1

Tue May 08, 2018 12:29 am

-Cecil

1. How would your character describe their childhood?
Pretty normal, honestly. He was born in America, then the parents moved them back to Ireland when the twins were maybe 3 years old. Otherwise, he grew up in Ireland, living like any other kid.

2. What were your character’s favorite childhood activities?
Playing with his puppy, playing with his brother, exploring around the farm and hills, riding his pony then his first horse, reading books and making up stories, climbing trees.

3. What was your character’s fondest childhood memory?
Any time he was with his brother, but more importantly when both he and Sedrik got their first puppies together (both were Ibizan hounds).

4. Is your character a virgin? If not, when did they lose their virginity?
He’s still a virgin so far, though he got close a couple of times...I have a girl in the works for him, but they haven’t even met yet.

5. Who has the greatest influence on your character? Why?
His brother or his dogs. His brother has panic attacks and anxiety, but doesn’t let that stop him, and both Sedrik’s dogs help him. Cecil’s Hound and dog show him constantly that gals can be just as strong, and that different types can attract (Azazel is a H€ll Hound).

6. Is your character able to kill? Under what circumstances do they find it acceptable?
Not unless he really had to, and he has a Hound to do that for him anyhow...If a psychopath was trying to harm/kill him or his brother.

7. Is there anything your character refuses to do? What is it and why?
Drugs and alcohol, bc of all the bad things he’s seen/heard about it, and he won’t have s€x, because he’s saving himself for marriage.

8. In general, how does your character treat others?
He’s a great guy, but there’s a certain level of suspicion and watchfulness that must be maintained, when encountering strangers. With his brother and friends, he’s goofy, happy, playful, a bit competitive, caring, and all around a great guy.

9. Who is your character’s best friend? How did they meet?
Sedrik...because that’s his brother. If he had to pick someone else, he’d probably say Asha, whom he met when they were in third or fourth grade.

10. If your character died or went missing, who would miss them?
His Hound and dog, Sedrik, Asha, close family, his future girl...and his friends.

11. What does your character look for in a potential lover?
Nothing really, bc there’s only one, and he will love her for her.

12. How can someone impress your character?
Being kind to animals, not being a bully, helping him and his brother, not acting like an idiot, maybe knowing how to make some food.

13. What are your character’s pet peeves?
nails on a chalkboard...bullies, poor customer service, annoyingly loud people, the smell of raw onions, people who interrupt another talking, people that hurt animals (actually angers him more than annoys him), loud chewing...disrespectful people, people that destroy books.

14. Name three things your character is good at. Name three things they’re bad at.
Attracting felines, I know that sounds weird.
Writing stories.
Riding horses.

Not judging strangers, though he tries not to.
He’s not that great at drawing, actually.
Going to parties, he doesn’t like them much (unless it’s a family party, and Sedrik doesn’t either).

15. What would your character want to be remembered for after death?
Helping others, especially sick children that need cheering up or people in need of money/fixing up (their houses, usually).
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Wed May 09, 2018 11:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

Issue Eleven Interview 2

Tue May 08, 2018 12:39 am

-Sedrik

Pretty normal, honestly. He was born in America, then the parents moved them back to Ireland when the twins were maybe 3 years old. Otherwise, he grew up in Ireland, living like any other kid.

Playing with his puppy, playing with his brother, exploring around the farm and hills, riding his pony then his first horse, reading books and drawing pictures, watching Cecil climb trees.

Any time he was with his brother, but more importantly when both he and Cecil got their first puppies together (both were Ibizan hounds). They were named Blodh and Rose, respectively.

He’s still a virgin so far, he never allowed himself to be swayed. I have a guy in the works for him, but they haven’t even met yet.

His brother or his dogs. His brother has always been there for him, and always seemed strong and smart. Sedrik’s Hound and dog help him constantly, when he’s at risk of a panic attack, and show that different types can attract (Abaddon is a H€ll Hound).

6. Is your character able to kill? Under what circumstances do they find it acceptable?
Not unless he really had to, and he has a Hound to do that for him anyhow...If a psychopath was trying to harm/kill him or his brother, maybe, but Cecil is more likely to be the one.

Drugs and alcohol, bc of all the bad things he’s seen/heard about it, and he won’t have s€x, because he’s saving himself for marriage.

He’s shy and held back, when encountering strangers. With his brother and friends, he’s sweet, happy, playful, gentle, caring, and the biggest darling ever.

Cecil...because that’s his brother. If he had to pick someone else, he’d probably say Isaih, whom he met when they were in seventh grade.

His Hound and dog, Cecil, Isaih, close family, his future guy...and his friends.

Nothing really, bc there’s only one, and he will love him for him (a big, strong man~ XD).

Being kind to animals, not being a bully, helping him and his brother, not acting like an idiot, maybe knowing how to make some food.

nails on a chalkboard...bullies, poor customer service, annoyingly loud people, the smell of raw onions, people who interrupt another talking, people that hurt animals (actually angers him more than annoys him), loud chewing...Disrespectful people.

14. Name three things your character is good at. Name three things they’re bad at.
Swimming
Drawing.
Riding horses.

Still bad at making friends, bc of shyness, but has all the ones he wants.
Traveling, if he forgets his motion sickness tabs or doesn’t have his brother and canines.
Running really far distances. He can run, but not for too long a time.

Helping animals, training service dogs for people, making kids and hurting people smile again.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Wed May 09, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Tue May 08, 2018 11:54 am

CHARACTER USED: Ray Kavanagh
x
How would your character describe their childhood?
xxxRay grew up in a loving family; his parents were strict but fair. While the boy hadn't been pampered too much, he didn't lack anything during his childhood. Due to his antisocial character and social anxiety, he didn't have a lot of friends while growing up, but the few who had decided to stick with him made his days full of cheer. Even if he often stayed at home due to his susceptibility to various illnesses, his childhood was great for the first seven years of his life. But everything changed a few months after his seventh birthday when the Kavanagh household was murdered by a group of assassins; the boy escaped only because of his ability to hide. From that day on, his childhood was full of misery and pain. Ray was forced to run away from his country and settle down in France, often spending his day begging or stealing in order to survive.

What were your character’s favourite childhood activities?
xxxBefore Ray's life had turned upside-down, the boy had been an odd child. Unlike most of his peers, he liked to spend time alone, completely immersed in his books and fantasy worlds. He was also an avid chess player, who often spent his afternoons together with his father, playing chess. During the rare occasions when he was outside with the other kids of Athlone, Ray loved to play hide-and-seek with them; no one could ever find him without the boy leaving proper hints. It had been his favourite game.

What was your character’s fondest childhood memory?
xxxDuring one of his days spent outside, Ray found a lone silver fox kit cowering near the body of its dead mother. Unable to leave a young animal fend for itself at such a young age, the boy decided to take the kit in and care for it until the fox was strong enough to survive on its own. It wasn't a shock to anyone when the fox ended up bonding with its saviour and became something like a pet to the boy. While it was still a wild animal and preferred to spend most of its time outside of the Kavanagh mansion, Magnus was now a loyal follower of Ray's. The fox kit was the only companion the boy took when he fled to France and the two friends have been inseparable ever since.

Is your character a virgin? If not, when did they lose their virginity?
xxxHe isn't. Ray lost his virginity when he was around sixteen years old, during one of the missions he had been assigned by his teachers. The victim was an escort in one of Paris' taverns and the only way he could receive any information from her was to have intercourse and later pay her for it. That hadn't been a terrible experience for both of them and the prostitute had liked him enough to tell Ray all she knew without payment. However, neither of them had ever seen each other again. But he let her live.

Who has the greatest influence on your character? Why?
xxxHis parents, most likely. They taught Ray everything he knows and they raised him as a man, who stays true to his principles and goals, even if it may hurt others in the end. While the time he spent with his family was fairly short compared to his time with the Guild, the other assassins didn't leave a lot of themselves in his mind or habits as the boy matured. The Guild's master is still an idol to Ray and the man still looks up to him and obeys his master without any questions asked. He also looks up to his fellow assassins, even if that is done for different reasons. But the greatest influence was definitely done by his parents when they were still alive. Ray has learned a lot from them.

Is your character able to kill? Under what circumstances do they find it acceptable?
xxxVery much so. Ray has been an assassin for over five years now and while it hadn't been easy at first, he has learned to control his emotions enough to carry out his missions without any mistakes. The only circumstance he needs is for his master's order to be delivered. Ray kills in cold blood and without any mercy; the only thing that matters is reaching his victim and ending their life without anyone seeing him. However, unlike others of his nature, he could never raise his blade against an innocent person.

Is there anything your character refuses to do? What is it and why?
xxxAs mentioned earlier, Ray doesn't kill innocent people. The tenets of his Guild protect the lives of those, who haven't committed any crimes against the country and its rulers. The second thing that he refuses to do is talk about his past too much and reveal personal information about the person he had once been. Due to his antisocial attitude and his wish to be left alone, he doesn't like to mingle with other people and prefers to spend most of his time training in order to become a stronger, better assassin.

In general, how does your character treat others?
xxxRay is cold and untrusting towards them. He doesn't share anything about himself with other people unless they prove he can trust them. He is a fairly strict man in general and not knowing someone that well can make him appear uncaring and apathetic towards their problems. But it gets a little bit better once people get to know him.

Who is your character’s best friend? How did they meet?
xxxHe trusts Lionel, one of the strongest assassins in their Guild, the most. Lionel had been the one, who had taught Ray the basics of fighting and surviving on his own; the two had formed an unbreakable bond during their training and despite their common bickering and arguments, they do care a lot for one another. Lionel was one of the two people, who had offered Ray to join the Guild as an apprentice and taught him the basics. He has always been there to rescue the boy if he had messed up during a mission.

If your character died or went missing, who would miss them?
xxxThe Guild would mourn his death, but not for very long; it's not common for them to cry about their losses for a long period of time. However, there is a handful of people who could miss Ray if he was to fall during a battle or go missing. An old childhood friend of his called Ethne, who had travelled to France after finding out that her friend was alive, is exceptionally attached to the man and often follows him around like a puppy, having become his own apprentice. She would definitely miss her mentor and realise that no one was as open-minded as it came to her existence in the Guild. Another person who would most likely miss Ray would be the current Princess of France, Sybil Godfrey. They had met when the boy was only eight or nine years old and had become quick friends, having stayed together for longer than a decade. He had been acting as her guardian and her closest friends for years now; it is only natural for her to mourn his death. Apart from that, there would be few people who knew him enough to cry over him.

What does your character look for in a potential lover?
xxxRay doesn't see himself capable of loving someone without endangering their life. Therefore, he refrains from becoming attached to anyone. In order to protect all of them.

How can someone impress your character?
xxxBy staying calm in the most dangerous of situations and not losing their mind when something goes wrong. He wants people to be quiet and not to ask too many questions about him. However, the main way to impress him is to have his back in a larger battle. If Ray feels like he can trust someone with watching his back and helping him defeat whatever enemy has cornered him, he will be impressed and trust that person. He is, however, very difficult to please, so this tactic works rarely due to his stubbornness.

What are your character’s pet peeves?
xxxHe hates loud, naive and obnoxious people. If someone is asking too many questions or trying to change his beliefs, Ray often snaps at that person. He also can't stand someone chewing loudly at the table. The man hates when someone tries to push their mindset on himself and change who he is as a person. His main pet peeve is someone touching him without being allowed to do so; despite not doing anything aggressive, he often shakes off the hand of the said person with a feral glare sent their way.

Name three things your character is good at. Name three things they’re bad at.
xxxRay is good at tracking down people, despite how well they are hidden. He is also a musician and can play the violin and sing if the situation requires him to. Other than that, he is an expert at chess and fairly skilled when it comes to history or speaking foreign languages. However, the man is absolutely miserably when it comes to conveying his feelings or thoughts in words. He can't understand women or stand children. His main weakness, however, is drinking too much tea and hoarding a stash of it in his room.

What would your character want to be remembered for after death?
xxxNo one. He lives just to serve the country and his current ruler. While not many people on the outside could remember him as a part of their community, the Guild would always recall him as an extraordinary assassin and a great mentor to their apprentices. Even if he didn't want to, Ray would be remembered as a strong person, who could overcome anything life threw at him. People would see him as a loyal friend and a man, who always finished what he had started. He would be remembered as a martyr.
Gamora
Black Belt

Prompt Entry

Tue May 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Character ▸ Mya Nicholson
Based on ▸ One x One with Deer
Words ▸ 740
    • It was bound to happen. Joining the gang as a "pretty face" didn't mean she wasn't going to get her hands dirty at some point. She was in denial of this of course and she wanted to do nothing that was considered dangerous. Not to mention the fact that she had little to no skill that would help her get her hands dirty in a fight. So when Trevor handed her a hunting knife to keep in her back pocket for future use, she was confused. She didn't deny him, though, and took the weapon, placed it in her back pocket and hurried on her way, not wanting to spend any extra time with her boss more than she had to.

The knife in her pocket felt so foreign and she could never even imagine pulling it out to use it. She was uneasy, and Mya made a quick rush to head back to their apartment where Matthew would be waiting for them. The two no longer spent time together at work. Trevor and Travis purposely scheduled them different jobs for different times. They said it was due to conflict of interest, but the blonde was sure it was because she was more valuable without her boyfriend around her. That meant gross men that they worked at could make passes at her without Matthew beating the shit out of them. This was something they hadn't discussed and she honestly didn't want to. She was sure Matt knew what was going on too and knew that Mya had no choice but to flirt with clients, but neither of them were pleased about it.

All thoughts aside, well except for the reminder of the blade pressing gently against her back, she hurried her way into the front door of the apartment met by Matthew's immediate embrace. She wrapped her arms around his neck and sighed, feeling relaxed now that she was under his protection. Mariah was never the kind of girl to rely on others, but ever since she joined the gang, she pretty much relied on Matthew for her sanity. She only felt safe when around him knowing how protective he was and what he was capable of. She had never seen it first hand, but that was probably bound to happen as well - just like her being forced into combat.

She pulled away after a few moments, a worried look on her expression and she knew that Matthew could tell. So without hesitation, she pulled out the knife from her back pocket and showed it to him, gently running her thumb across the cool metal. "After we got home from seeing the client, he handed me this and told me I was to keep it on hand at all times and that I would be expected to use it when it came down to it," she explained, voice low and slightly shaky. She didn't feel brave enough to be bearing this weapon. Especially when she had no desire to use it and didn't even know how. "Why would he give me this? Doesn't he know that I don't know what the hell I'm doing?"

Suddenly feeling a burst of anger, she shoved the knife into Matthew's hands, wanting it out of her presence. She made her way into their kitchen and pulled open the freezer and taking out the bottle of Gosling's amber rum. She had never been interested in liquor until she started this job and ever since she had been having at least a glass of rum and coke or something else strong before bed every night. The alcohol helped her sleep as well as it was hard to do that nowadays.

She poured a decent amount into a glass then topped the rest up with Pepsi. She didn't offer Matt any because he preferred weed to help him feel better. She would have never understood his anger and aggression if she never joined this gang. Before she knew it she would end up just like Matthew with anger issues. It was only a matter of time, really. She was already drinking herself to sleep and got mad over the stupidest things when she was stressed - which was basically all the time. She was thankful that Matthew was so patient with her. Mya took a long swig of the liquor then made her way over to the couch, plopping herself down and letting out a sigh.

“I don’t think I could ever stab someone," she began, "I mean, let’s be honest. I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.” Her lips quirked into a smile for just a moment, the humor of her statement getting to her despite how upset and angry she was. She was glad she could still laugh and her and Matt still found themselves in laughing fits every few days. Hopefully, that would never change, because as of now, everything else had.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. only here for roleplays & character
      development. please don't pm me at this time.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

periwinkle
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

sybil godfrey character interview

Tue May 08, 2018 9:07 pm

character: sybil godfrey
  • Sybil's childhood was filled with luxury, as she is a princess. Despite avoiding her father for his furious mood swings and abusive tendencies, she enjoyed a happy childhood. She was very sheltered and protected by her mother, and although she was barely allowed to leave the castle she found ways to cause mischief for the Queen and her governess.

• A few of her favorite memories have actually been repressed. Sybil had the ability to control water when she was a young child, and so often she would enjoy playing in puddles outside or just being around water in general. She also enjoyed to play an instrument, the harp, whenever she got bored. Once she was old enough, the girl was gifted a mare and learned how to ride horses.

• Her fondest memory would have to be the numerous times her mother told her bedtime stories. She was enchanted by stories of magic and adventure, and these stories would often lead to imaginative daydreams. She was raised to believe that the stories were all just fairy-tales, only to find out later that the stories were not quite as make-believe as she knew them to be.

• She is a virgin.

• Sybil is a young woman easily swayed by other's criticism and opinions of her, but the most influential person to Sybil's development into the person she is today was definitely her mother, Queen Cateline. Sybil received most of her attitude and traits from the woman, such as her intense compassion and caring, open attitude.

• Sybil will never be able to kill someone, or so she thinks. However, she is willing to do anything for her country, and if worst comes to worst she may take a life someday. She finds it acceptable to kill another when one is defending themselves, or only if the person is very wicked and the world would be better off without them. Still, she does not like killings or deaths, and tries to avoid it as much as possible.

• Besides killing, Sybil refuses to acknowledge that she has had a power buried deep inside her for a majority of her life. She is unwilling to accept this, and has little to no interest in unveiling those powers or learning how to wield them.

• Sybil is a very good-natured soul that is often very kind and polite to those around her. When she comes across someone that she dislikes, she remains polite as etiquette demands. She is very open with showing her emotions; it is often very easy to tell whether or not she likes a person based on how she treats them.

• Sybil's best friend is Ray Kavanagh, and he has been for a long time. The two met when they were children, perhaps at eight or nine years of age when Ray was hiding in some bushes near the castle and Sybil was hiding from her mother and governess there as well.

• Her mother, most definitely. Although he would likely not show his emotions, Ray would miss her as well. Ethne Pereiros, another friend of the pair, would likely mourn briefly. Besides that, those who still supported the monarchy in France would grieve the princess's death.

• If she were to find a lover, they would have to be able to balance her out. Sybil is overly emotional - she freely shows them, that is - and tends not to adjust to change well. She would need someone who could coax her into trying new things as well as give her a confidence boost whenever she feels upset about her own shortcomings and failures.

• Sybil is easily impressed, to say the least. If they can show her something she's never seen before or tell her something she didn't know before, she would be impressed by the other person's knowledge. She is also impressed by those who are polite and kind at all times, as well as those who do well under pressure. Basically, a person that exhibits excellence in the skills she lacks amazes and impresses her.

• Sybil is bothered by not knowing things. She hates being left out from secrets, or having secrets kept from her. Although she doesn't recognize it, she is also nagged by the fact that some people don't see things the same way she does, especially something she is passionate about. Lastly, she usually needs to be doing something at all times. She has a busy, eventful life now, and would be unused to staying in one spot doing nothing for long.

• The princess is bad at controlling her emotions, accepting change and changing herself, and she does not know any self-dense/she cannot defend herself. However, Sybil is great at empathizing with people or listening to them, even if she does not always understand their viewpoints immediately. She is also excellent at sticking to etiquette due to her royal upbringing, and knows how to act in social settings. A third thing she is good at would be trusting others - although that could also be one of her downfalls as well.

• Primarily, she would want to be known for a successful reign over her country, and be known as a great Queen. Likely, she would want to be known for staging the rebellion against her tyrant father.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Wed May 09, 2018 9:01 am

CHARACTER USED: Lilith Ralomyar
x
How would your character describe their childhood?
xxxIt wasn't a very good one. Even if she was born into the royal family, Lilith didn't have a very comfortable life. Her parents were more strict than loving and it's visible in the girl's attitude towards other people even now, when she is an adult. Despite not lacking anything during her childhood, the girl grew up to be the black sheep of her family, caring little for their traditions and beliefs. She didn't have a lot of friends growing up and the only people she could interact with were her older brother and her personal bodyguard. Lilith grew up sheltered and kept away from the situation of the outside world. However, she kept questioning everything her parents told her, refusing to believe anyone for a very long time. All in all, Lilith's childhood was the main reason why she grew up into the antisocial, unattached and untrusting person who she is today.

What were your character’s favourite childhood activities?
xxxLike her older brother, she was raised to become an important figure in their clan. Due to her sibling's refusal to become the next heir, this duty was passed to her, along with her parents' expectations. Most of Lilith's time was spent learning about their kind's customs, as well as perfecting her abilities in self-defence and overall fighting. She had little time to relax and even then, the girl was always found reading or studying the old scrolls found inside of her father's library. Apart from this, she didn't have any hobbies.

What was your character’s fondest childhood memory?
xxxAll of Lilith's happy memories are somehow connected to her older brother, Daryl. He is the only person who can bring a smile to her face and cause the girl to laugh. All of the times she remembers her sibling are good and bring her joy. Though, her fondest moments spent with him is whenever the man was there to comfort and support her through hard times. Apart from those, Lilith often fondly remembers the few moments in her life when they would come together as a family and pretend that everything is alright.

Is your character a virgin? If not, when did they lose their virginity?
xxxLilith is currently a virgin. However, this is mainly because she is asexual and doesn't see the point in forming bodily relations with other people. It's not like her to do this.

Who has the greatest influence on your character? Why?
xxxHer brother. Despite their formal way of speaking with each other and rare meetings, she has attached herself to Daryl and depends on him in order to live. If her brother was to ever disappear from her life, she would grow insane and stop functioning. He means everything to her, mainly because the man was the only person who was courageous enough to protect her from the unfairness of their father. He taught Lilith everything she knows about magic and how to use the very basics of it. Daryl was also there when she learned to use a sword and became the warrior their parents yearned for her to become. The support he offered is the reason why she is still capable of showing kindness.

Is your character able to kill? Under what circumstances do they find it acceptable?
xxxDefinitely. Unlike many other people, Lilith doesn't see a reason to spare someone's life. If another person is getting on her nerves, she will get violent. A part of the Goddess' evil army, she doesn't respect the lives of those around her. The only thing she strives for is to make her way to the top and destroy all of those standing in her way.

Is there anything your character refuses to do? What is it and why?
xxxShe refuses to become weak and susceptible to her emotions. Lilith prefers to use sarcasm when conversing with other people and she tortures them if she needs information. The girl doesn't trust others without good reasons and she doesn't show mercy too often. Lilith refuses to work together with others in order to reach her goals faster; the only thing she wants to do is achieve everything herself. If others are standing in her way, she prefers to cut them down instead of listening. She doesn't care about others.

In general, how does your character treat others?
xxxBadly. Lilith doesn't show compassion to others and she prefers speaking with those around her as little as possible. If someone is talking to her when she has other things to do, she will simply ignore them and move along. If people provoke her or make Lilith feel threatened, she will attack and ask questions later; many people have died from her blades simply for looking at her in the wrong way. However, if the other person is someone dear to her, she's ready to give up her life in order to keep all of them safe.

Who is your character’s best friend? How did they meet?
xxxApart from her older brother, Lilith's best friend is a man named Ray, who also acts as her personal bodyguard. He was picked out by the girl's mother as soon as the youth was born and the two were introduced to each other as kids; they grew up together. And the pair just ended up unable to stay away from each other, which eventually resulted in them falling in love with one another and never letting the other out of their sight. It was only natural for them to stick together in the end and continue working together.

If your character died or went missing, who would miss them?
xxxApart from the people closest to her, no one. Lilith is an evil person. She doesn't bring joy or happiness to others around her. Her lover would miss her and her brother would be miserable until he learned to deal with her death. Even those on her side wouldn't miss the girl too much due to her cold attitude and refusal to care about anyone else.

What does your character look for in a potential lover?
xxxLilith sees this feeling as something that would only tie her down to one spot. But, if anything, she looks for the same qualities as in herself. She isn't meant for love.

How can someone impress your character?
xxxBy beating her. This is the only way to make Lilith respect someone else. If she is able to pin the person to the ground, she will never see them as an equal. Due to her dirty techniques when it comes to fighting, it's never an easy feat to actually defeat the elf. She is not impressed by simple words and requires actions to respect others.

What are your character’s pet peeves?
xxxLoud noises. She can't stand people talking or moving loudly and the sound of children screaming irritates her to no end. She also loathes it when people are chewing with their mouths open and end up spitting everywhere. As odd as it is, Lilith hates when people don't take good care of their animals and will most often set such creatures free if they're able to live in the wilderness. Her biggest hatred is the religion of others if it defies her own; beliefs which go against her mission are often erased by her blades.

Name three things your character is good at. Name three things they’re bad at.
xxxLilith is a master swordsman and her magical abilities have grown over the years. She is an expert rider and taming an animal as a new mount is no trial to her. She's skilled when it comes to historical knowledge and anything regarding linguistics. On the other hand, Lilith isn't able put her feelings into words that easily. She's also insanely aggressive towards other people, especially light elves. And she can't deal with people invading her personal space. Apart from this, she's just another common warrior.

What would your character want to be remembered for after death?
xxxShe doesn't care what people will remember her like, as long as she reaches her goals and pleased her Goddess. However, other people would remember her as a martyr, who died for the wrong beliefs. She would be remembered as the worst thing to happen to the three kingdoms and the most evil person who many have known during their lives.
irishman
Orange Belt
House: Amaranthine

writing prompt

Mon May 14, 2018 8:31 pm

character used: valentina casillanos
warnings: graphic violence, possible abuse trigger
word count: 1628
    • "Well I don't think I could ever stab someone. I mean, let's be honest, I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun," laughter erupted in the small diner at Valen's declaration of her own weak nature. Working the overnight shift at a twenty-four-hour diner meant that the four workers present usually had a lot of free time and this led to some laughable conversations. Tonight's topic? Someone attempting to rob the diner and the worker becoming the 'hero' of the night and saving everyone. Joseph, the young boy working the grill, had declared that stabbing the criminal would be the easiest way since the kitchen was full of knives. Sarah, Valen, and Mickey had all burst into laughter and began hashing out the details of why that wouldn't work before the young Cuban woman had piped up and mentioned that she didn't believe she could ever stab someone. This, of course, wasn't unbelievable at all since Valen couldn't even say a mean word to anyone. She was too kind and timid to ever harm anyone and since she'd never been placed in a situation where that was necessary her reactions to those circumstances were unknown.

"Trust me Valen, we all know. We weren't exactly coining you as the hero in this scenario," Mickey joked through his fits of sleep-deprived laughter. Valen's face dropped into a look of shock at the man's words. "You don't know that Mick! Maybe I'm the only one who could save us because you're all too scared," she attempted to argue but this was quickly shut down by more laughter from the other three. Her face flushed red with embarrassment before her lips pulled up into a smile as she realized how ridiculous that sounded even to her own ears. "Okay, okay, so you're right and I'm not the hero," she laughed along with the others as the noise died down and they all settled into a comfortable silence among each other. This was how most nights were spent in the small diner no matter who was there working. Something about these late-night shifts made people oddly friendly and open with each other - like a mismatched family.

They listened quietly for a few minutes to the gentle ticking of the clock and the howling wind outside. Valen watched as Sarah looked from her scribbling and to the clock on the wall, "Hey Val, it's already 2:15, why don't you head home? You've been here since six. You could use some sleep." Valen smiled lazily at her friend, a silent declaration that she was still fine to work despite the sleep that was setting into her eyes. "Don't argue with me girl, I know you," Sarah motioned her head towards the door before muttering a small 'go' to the other woman present. Knowing better than to argue Valen grabbed her coat, clocked out, and said a quick round of goodbyes to the group. Mickey and Joseph lingered as she hugged them goodbye; both were aware of Valen's home situation as they'd seen the bruises her boyfriend had left before. It was Mickey who attempted to settle her nerves a little, "If he touches you again you let me know. You might not be able to stab someone, but I can." She smiled softly and after a few minutes of assuring them that she would she left the diner for the night.

Valen pulled her coat tight as she walked home to shield herself from the icy winds. The walk was short (only five blocks) but it was filled with dread. If Marcus was drunk or high again it wouldn't be good. He hated that she came home so late at night, but it was a good job and she liked where she worked. She used to tell him that he'd just have to learn to be okay with it. The walk ended before she knew it and she entered the rundown apartment building. The elevator no longer worked, most of the lobby lights were out, and the cheap looking wallpaper was beginning to peel away from the wall but Valen had called this place home since coming to America with her mother and had no intention of leaving. This place had so many good memories.

As she reached the door to her apartment she took a deep breath before turning the key in the lock and pushing the door open gently; she stepped in and attempted to close the door as quietly as she could. So far it seemed as though Marcus was asleep. Valen took her shoes off before taking the six steps to the small kitchen where lining the counters was several empty beer cans. Her breath hitched, and her spit caught in her throat at the sight. She said a silent prayer, hoping that the man was already passed out and asleep. Quietly Val began attempting to clear the counters and clean the mess, her hands shook gently, and she felt scared to so much as breath too loudly. Not tonight. Please not tonight.

"I thought I told you to stop coming home so fucking late!" The heavily slurred words forced her to stop in her place as she turned her head to look at Marcus. Though she opened her mouth to reply to him the words caught in her throat at the sight of his figure which leaned heavily on the entrance to the kitchen. He took a clumsy step forward and his hand raised to point an accusing finger at her, "I told you this shit pisses me off. You always wanna come in here in the middle of the night. Waking me up, interrupting MY fucking sleep. I got work in the morning, or you don't care huh? You don't have any of this shit without me," the words flew from his mouth quicker than she was able to defend herself. She'd moved away from him until they were circling the table and he was catching up.

Suddenly Marcus' hand flew out and snatched her wrist within his large fingers. In his drunken stupor he fell forward and onto her much smaller frame which sent them falling to the ground. In her panic Valen's leg kicked out to try and get away from him; she accidentally kicked his side and he burst out with a painful exclamation, "Fucking bitch!" He lunged forward, grabbing onto her more as she struggled to pull herself up. She'd almost gotten it by using the table, but Marcus was bigger and quicker than her and managed to get up as well before tackling her back down again. They crashed on two of the chairs as he pushed the table completely out of the way. Somehow in their tussle she'd been placed further into the kitchen meanwhile Marcus rained down several fierce blows to her body and head.

Tears dripped down Valen's faces as she struggled to free herself from him. It seemed impossible, every time she got an arm or leg free he hit her again. Finally, adrenaline rushed over her and she began fighting back, flailing and swing her arms at him and kicking more ferociously. Her elbow landed in his face and for the briefest moment she was given freedom. She lunged forward and reached upwards to the drawer where several kitchen utensils were. As she pulled it out Marcus regained himself and grabbed her leg and pulled down once again. Her grip on the drawer tightened and it fell with them, the tools scattered around as curse words flew from Marcus and their struggle continued.

Valen felt the air leave her body when he landed a blow on her stomach. She gasped and attempted to find her breath but couldn't manage in time. He slammed her down onto the ground and she felt her head collide with the ground before pain flooded over her. His hands suddenly wrapped around her neck and in fear she reached behind her. Her hand fished for anything to use against him as the air began to disappear from her lungs. She grasped and gasped. Finally, her hand managed to wrap around something and without thinking she threw her arm forward.

Everything stopped suddenly. Marcus' grip loosened before disappearing as she heard his body slump over and fall against the cabinet. Valentina finally opened her eyes and turned her head to look over at him. From his neck the handle of a knife was sticking out as blood gushed around it and dripped down his hands, body, and to the ground. Suddenly she couldn't breath and she launched into hysteria. Valen rushed forward to him and placed her hands over the bleeding wound to try and stop the bleeding. Tears continued to rush out of her eyes, "Oh god, oh god, oh god! No! No no no! I'm so sorry! I'm sorry! I didn't mean it! I didn't!" She flew into a panic as Marcus gurgled and gasped for breath. It lasted only moments before his body went limp, his eyes rolled back into his head, and Marcus died on her kitchen floor.

The whole ordeal lasted less than seven minutes from the time she entered the apartment to the end of it. She couldn't breathe, her chest felt tight, and fear had struck deep into the chords of her heart. She backed up, still crying audibly until her back hit the counter on the other side of the kitchen. What had she done? How could she do that? She sat crying, her legs pulled to her chest as the blood continued to pool on the floor. She was frozen as the reality of the situation and what she'd done washed over her, "I can't even get the straw in the Capri Sun..."