AS Afflatus: Issue Twelve

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin
Location: In jail, probably, but that's okay because I work there.
House: Vipera

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ 1

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:38 am

• 1. Do you have a habit or something that gives it away when you are nervous?
                "I tend to keep my feelings bottled up as best as I can, however, I have been told that I fidget quite a bit whenever something stressful arises."

2. How do you respond to stressful situations?
                "Not very well? Is that good enough?" A pause. "Fine. I don't have a great hold on my anger, and sometimes shit happens. It's better that you don't put me in a situation that could piss me off."

3. Are you able to lie to others? Are you good at it?
                "Considering no one has ever called me out on a lie, I'd have to say that I'm fairly good at what I do. Obviously."

4. Name three things you are afraid of - Which of those three are feared above the rest?
                "Why the fuck would I want to tell you this shit?" The man glares across the table at you, a cigarette being ashed into the ashtray as a sigh of smoke rolls from his lips and nostrils. "I'm not a fan of Mirelurks, fucking creepy bastards. Do I seriously need to have three? Ugh, fine okay. I'm not a fan of giant ants, or nightstalkers either. I'd have to go with Mirelurks being my least favorite of them all."

5. Where would you go if you wanted to be alone?
                "Definitely not in a room with you, you ask way too many fucking questions. I'd much prefer to be back at home, and away from all of this bullshit."

6. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
                "I'm not exactly a fan of Deathclaws, but if I could tame one and have it as a pet, you can bet your pretty little ass I'd do it."

7. Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather? Or does it not matter?
                "I don't really care to be honest. I live in a fucking wasteland where everything wants to kill me, the last thing I'm worried about is the weather."

8. Have you ever kept any kind of diary or journal? If so, why?
                "I can't write, and can barely read. So, it's not likely that I've had anything like that. Sounds rather stupid if you ask me."

9. What would your dream wedding be like?
                "I don't see myself getting married, so there's no point in dreaming about something that won't come to be."

10. What do you think about kids? Do you want any of your own?
                "I run a gang full of overgrown babies, I don't need kids."

11. What is the first word that comes to your mind when asked to describe yourself?
                "That's a little bit of an awkward question, honestly. I don't want to over compliment myself or anything, but I've been told I'm pretty good looking."

12. Do you have a distinct style of clothing that you prefer to wear?
                "What you see is what you get. It's not like we have an extravagant supply of clothing to choose from out here."

13. Is there a particular skill that you don't have, but would like to eventually learn?
                "Well, no? I'm content with what I know now. You know how that saying goes, there's always more than one way to skin a man."

14. Who is the first person you would tell some important news to?
                "Depending on the news, likely my adoptive mother. She's the only one I can really confide in."

15. Are you competitive in any way?
                "Pshh.. obviously, or I wouldn't be leading this gang. You claw your way to the top and then you claw some more to stay there. We done here? Good."
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ 2

• 1. Do you have a habit or something that gives it away when you are nervous?
                "I've been told I bite my lip when I seem nervous or stressed, I also knot my hands together which results in them being awfully clammy."

2. How do you respond to stressful situations?
                "I tend to avoid them, but if I cannot then I will face them head-on by any means necessary."

3. Are you able to lie to others? Are you good at it?
                "I can lie if I really need to. With how I grew up, it came naturally, but now I try to avoid it. I'm decent, but not the best."

4. Name three things you are afraid of - Which of those three are feared above the rest?
                "I'm not really a fan of this question, but I'll bite. Three things I fear the most are losing those I love, betrayal, and raiders. I'd have to say I'm mostly afraid of losing those I care about."

5. Where would you go if you wanted to be alone?
                "There was this old drive-in theater just up the road from my settlement. I go there when I want to be alone, it's quiet and brings back fond memories."

6. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
                "I'd be okay with just a dog, to be honest. They're such loyal creatures."

7. Do you prefer hot weather or cold weather? Or does it not matter?
                "I prefer a happy medium. Too hot or too cold and it's just miserable for me."

8. Have you ever kept any kind of diary or journal? If so, why?
                "I have, I still have it somewhere. I used to write about all the happenings in my life so that one day I could go back and read it all. It has also helped me through the hardships in my life."

9. What would your dream wedding be like?
                "I'd like to request that we skip this question. I don't intend to marry ever."

10. What do you think about kids? Do you want any of your own?
                "Kids are cute, I guess. I wouldn't want any though. This world is too fucked up to even think about bringing something so innocent into it."

11. What is the first word that comes to your mind when asked to describe yourself?
                "Loyal. Passionate perhaps? No. Definitely loyal."

12. Do you have a distinct style of clothing that you prefer to wear?
                "I don't like any of that tight fitting crap that people wear all the time. I prefer to have something that hangs off my shoulders just a little. It's more of a protectant in this day in age, too many creeps out there."

13. Is there a particular skill that you don't have, but would like to eventually learn?
                "Hand to hand combat. I'm not bad at it, but I'm not good either. I'd like to be able to defend myself better if for some reason I can't get to a weapon."

14. Who is the first person you would tell some important news to?
                "Agnes, definitely. She's like a sister to me, and we share all of our secrets with each other."

15. Are you competitive in any way?
                "I definitely can be if the opprotunity arises. I don't like being made to feel like I can't take care of myself, so if I can prove myself better than someone else, I'll do it."
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ 1

Michael Schulte - You Said You'd Grow Old With Me
WORD COUNT : 1,163
      • xxxshaking hands clench the fabric of his shirt tightly, her forehead pressing into his stiff chest as sobs wrack her thin form. He couldn't be dead, no, she wouldn't allow it. He had to be pretending, faking so that he could get back up and fight when they least expected it. He was too strong, too gentle, and too kind. There was no fucking way he could die so easily, he had made her a promise.

xxx"Wake up, David." The words are hissed through clenched teeth as her head whips up, hands shaking him with all of her might to try and wake him. "Wake up!" His body did not move, his chest did not heave with a breath of air, his glazed eyes never flickered to her in response. He was dead, he was gone. No more were the days that she would wake beside him, his arms pulling her in tightly as he complains that she should stay in and let the men handle things. Gone were the gentle kisses, the surprise of what would come next, the soft whispers in the dark. It was all fucking gone.

xxxHot tears roll down her cheeks, leaving behind clean paths on her dirt-stained face. Not only had these men taken away her home and her friends, but they had also taken away the love of her life without even the slightest shred of mercy. A single bullet straight through his chest that likely left him to drown in his own blood as he lay in the dirt and listen to the hell that waged around him. That thought angers her, and her wild eyes whip around to glare at the men that wandered a place she once called home. How could they live with themselves after doing something so fucking cruel? She could not understand, and she never would.

xxxHer attempt to wake him having been futile, Anna moves closer to the man's face. She takes in his appearance, remembering his face when it had been full of life. The delicate accent that would roll from his lips with each word he spoke. The way his cheeks produced the most adorable dimples with each and every smile that stretched his lips. Each second that passes, her heart breaks a little more. The tears that fall from her lashes never relenting as she alas lifts her hand to brush across his eyes, closing them for the final time before allowing her palm to caress his cheek. The prick of his stubble meets her soft hands, and she smiles through her tears. It's entirely likely that she would have teased him about forgetting to shave that morning if none of this had happened.

xxx"Please come back..." She sobs, fingers returning to his shirt as she pulls at his stiff body. "I can't do this without you." She could, and she knew she could, but she did not want to. He was supposed to grow old with her, their children would drive them crazy, but they would have loved it. Nothing could have stepped in between them, and had someone suggested that he would be dead by morning, she'd have called them a fucking liar and laughed in their face. Now, she kneels at his lifeless body, clinging onto him as if it would somehow bring him back from death.

--

xxxThat night had been the coldest in a while, chilling her to the bone until the suns first rays reached her curled form. Despite the dangers that lurked, she refused to leave the man where he lay. The fear that someone would come along and pluck away his items keeping her glued to him as well as the strong emotional attachment she had with the man. Luckily, the men who ransacked their small village had only come for valuables, this time at least. They paid her no mind so long as she stayed out of their way. The only reason so many lay dead in the streets was the fact that they had fought back. If they would have just rolled over like a scared pup they would still be alive, he would still be alive.

xxxA renewed sense of sorrow fills her as she recalls the events that unfolded last night, her stiff body slowly sitting up with a pained sound. All around her, those who had survived were burying the dead. She would have to do the same no doubt, and as much as she did not wish to be apart from David, she knew that he needed to be laid to rest. Letting his body rot in the street was the last thing on her mind. Very slowly, she moves to stand, fingers clutching to the hem of her shirt as she lets her gaze shift around her before she stoops to loop her arms under David's. Someone could surely help her, but she did not want anyone else to touch him.

xxxShe strains against the dead weight, pulling him along the best she could to trail after the others who were off to bury their loved ones. Her sobs mix with the sounds of others, their own sad song of sorrow rising up into the morning skies. The narrow path winds and curves, and by the time she begins to round the final bend, she can hear the sounds of shovels cracking the Earth. The surviving men had already begun to dig out the graves, and as she stands there for a moment, one of them directs her over.

xxx"He was a good man, fought for what was right. I'm sorry for your loss, Anna."

xxxNo words come from her as she lifts her swollen eyes to the man, leaning just slightly as the man pulls her into a comforting hug. That was all it took for the tears to start back up, her chest feeling as if it was going to burst at any second as she stares down at the grave. Stepping out of his embrace, she shifts back to David, leaning down to pull his hand toward her. The single silver ring that circles his finger is pulled away, being tucked into her palm silently before she steps back to allow the man to put him into the grave. She just could not stop crying, eyes never leaving David until the dirt began to fall onto him and cover his form.

xxxThe little mound of dirt where he would lay is perfect, a small makeshift cross being placed at the head of it to forever signify that someone was laid to rest there. By this point, everyone else had gone back to the village, but Anna remains. Her knees press into the rough ground at the foot of his grave, his wedding ring in one hand while the other rests firmly against the churned Earth.

xxx"You had one job." She sobs, head hanging low and nearly pressing into the dirt as well. "All you had to do was live."
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin

ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:39 am

Imagine Dragons - Demons
WORD COUNT : 1,257
WARNING

This prompt contains the following : Descriptive use of Drugs. Mentions of mental illness,
and previous attempted suicide. Read at your own discretion.
      • xxxhat was to come was inevitable, Jericho was too... pure. The man would eventually catch on to whatever Mehki wound himself into next, and Mehki could not afford to let the man see who he really was. The Warlock would much rather have the Titan hate him for other reasons than for the truth of what Mehki had become. It was honestly a surprise that Jericho had not already begun to question Mehki and his motives.

Voices swirl darkly within the man's mind, whispering sick ideas to him as he stares off into nothingness. They beg him to just kill the Titan, to keep the secrets safe, but that would never happen. No matter how fucked up he was in the head, killing Jericho was the last thing he wanted to do. When the voices become even more persistent, the Warlock can think of only one thing to silence them for just long enough to do what had to be done.

A small plastic bag is pulled from deep under his makeshift bed within his ship. The contents within it already causing his heart to race when he hadn't even touched the contents yet. Hazel eyes flicker over the contents, to include a small glass pipe and another much smaller baggie of small crystal-like rocks with a brown coloration to them. His hands shake as he lets his fingers tighten around the small pipe, pulling it from the bag only seconds later. Its smooth surface is twisted gently between his fingers several times, to check for any breaks before he shifts his weight so that he could sit on the bed.

Mehki is ever aware of his Ghost's optic watching him carefully, but the man doesn't shift his gaze up, simply ignoring the look that the A.I. was giving him. He knew what he was doing was wrong, but it was the only way to make the fucking voices stop screaming in his ears long enough for him to think clearly. If the Ghost hadn't fucked him up in the first place, he'd still be normal. He could have the life he wanted with Jericho without anything standing in his way, but no. Each and every time the Warlock was felled in battle, his mind got a little more fucked up with the revival process. Particularly when his brain was damaged in any way, which he had learned the hard way after a few attempts of shutting the voices up with a gun to his head and a bullet in his brain. Why dying was so hard as a Guardian, he would never understand. Why didn't Khepri just leave him to die and go about its life elsewhere? This was no way the Warlock wanted to live, this wasn't life, this was hell.

Wasting no more time, he plucks several of the small rocks out of the smaller bag, dropping them down into the pipe. His hands shake uncontrollably, sweat rolling over his brow from the effort this was taking him. The voices were displeased, screaming at him, calling him every name that he had already heard many times over by that point, but he could not stop now. Pulling forth his light, he holds his palm steadily along the bottom of the pipe, causing the small rocks to sizzle and cook. The fumes that lift off of the small rocks roll back toward him, and he pulls the air into his lungs hungrily.

The high is immediate, the crack cocaine attaching itself to his dopamine receptors and dysregulating the normal process, thus causing an excessive production of dopamine to flood his mind. His heart races within his chest, feeling as if it were going to bust straight through his ribs as he sinks back into the bed very briefly. Hazel eyes disappear behind their lids, head tilting back in what could only be described as pure ecstasy as the voices finally silence themselves. If he could have made himself cry at that moment, they would have been tears of joy at the sudden silence that crawls over his mind.

Dilated eyes flicker open just seconds later, a shaking sigh rolling from his lungs as he forces himself to sit up rather slowly. The pipe is set on the bed beside him as he shoves his face into his hands. It takes mere moments before the Warlock moves to stand, glazed eyes shifting to his Ghost. "Transmat me down. I will be brief. Await my call for when I'm to return." Mehki knows that his high would not last forever, and the second that the drugs wore off, he'd be back under the thumb of the many voices who were simply waiting to torment him once more. The only bit of peace that he was able to achieve was when the drugs ran through his blood.

The Warlock can hardly tell that the transmat had happened, feeling already as light as a feather thanks to the drugs in his system, and his eyes laze around him briefly before he pushes through the front door to the home he and Jericho had been sharing for nearly a year and a half now. His mind wanders over the amount of time that he had been hiding his issues from the Titan, and some part of him wonders if things would have been different had he actually asked for help instead of giving into the many dark temptations.

"Mehki?" The soft voice of the Titan rolls through the home from the hall, and it had been apparent that he had been asleep. The Warlock bites his bottom lip at the thought of how late the man had likely stayed up waiting for him to come home and take back his words from the previous night.

"I'm here." He mutters lowly in response, letting the door close behind him as his gaze lands on the form of his once lover in the hall. It takes every ounce of strength he has not to fall to his knees and beg Jericho to understand him, but he knew deep down that the good-hearted Titan would never truly understand. "I've... come to get my things."

Mehki can see the look of defeat on Jericho's features, but his gaze quickly shifts away to the floor as he pushes further into the home. Khepri hovers his shoulder now, ready to transmat all of Mehki's items into his ships storage compartment at a moments notice. It would take literal seconds to clear out his junk, but the awkward silence between the two men seems to drag on for what feels like hours. With his items slowly disappearing around the home, Mehki finally lets his glazed eyes shift up to Jericho.

"I never said thank you, did I?" His throat is tight with emotion, but he swallows the lump in his throat down as he leans against a wall to keep himself from swaying too much.

"For what?" Jericho's tone is hurtful, but Mehki did not blame him. The Warlock had brought this all upon himself, he deserved this.

"For...well...everything." Mehki manages, hands lifting up to his face to give it a good rub and further suppress the tears that threatened to spill from his eyes. "I'm so sorry. For everything that has happened to you because of me. For everything that you will go through over the years as time passes. I'm so sorry."

"Please just leave." Jericho's tone is firm, and Mehki does not question his words. "Before I say something I will regret."

"Goodbye, Jericho."
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Character Interview

Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 pm

FC: Liam Hemsworth
1. Does your character have a habit or something that gives away when they are nervous?
"Well I normally run a hand through my hair when I'm in tough situations or I'm nervous about what I should do on a job or how I should spoil Serena this week.

2. How does your character respond to stressful situations?
"I'd like to say I'm a pretty calm guy, as running a gang you sort of need to be calm when problems arise."

3. Is your character able to lie to others? Are they good at it?
"I'm very good at lying and calling other people's bluff. Well, unless you ask Serena. She can probably tell when I'm lying even better than I can."

4. Name three things your character fears - is there one they fear more than the others?
"Well there are probably a lot of things I fear. My biggest fear would be losing Serena. She is my gorgeous wife and I couldn't imagine my life without her. Sure I fear pretty simple things like I don't care for grenades or explosions. I'm also afraid of snakes.

5. Where would your character go if they wanted to be alone?
"My piano room is my oasis. It's where I spend a lot of my time if I want to be alone. Playing the piano really soothes my mind and leaves me feeling content again afterwards."

6. If your character could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
"Well, before Serena arrived, I only had one cat named Felix. Once Serena arrived, we ended up getting Felix a friend named George. Then it was only a few months later that Serena went and got Pablo. Now with our child on the way, I've decided that we needed a guard dog. We got him as a puppy and decided to name him Roy."

7. Does your character prefer hot weather or cold weather? Or are they not bothered?
"I'm not personally bothered. I'd prefer the weather in spring and fall where it is hot enough and cold enough to be just comfortable."

8. Has your character ever kept any kind of diary or journal? If so, why?
"No, I actually haven't. Perhaps I should start doing that. I think Serena would like that to be able to read back on what I wanted to just write about one day."

9. What would you character's dream wedding be like?
"I never imagined a dream wedding, but Serena and I just recently got married. I mean, I'm a very romantic guy and once she had everything picked out I made sure that it was all perfect. It was outside like she wanted, more of a rustic sort of theme. Our colors were mint green and a baby blue. We took our pictures under some trees and so long as Serena was happy, I was happy."

10. What does your character think about kids? Do they want any of their own?
"Yeah I'd love kids. I hadn't found a woman who I loved enough to the point where I wanted to share my life with her until Serena came along. I'm not sure how many kids she will want, but my house is big enough for any number."

11. What's the first word that comes to mind to describe your character?
"If you ask Serena, she would probably describe me as romantic. If you ask the gang, they would likely describe me as simply family."

12. Does your character have a distinct style of clothing that they always wear?
"Since I opened up my own retail store, I normally wear suits to work all the time. I like darker colors, not a whole lot of change with my undershirt. With Serena, she's been throwing more and more colors into my wardrobe. When we are at home relaxing, I'm fine with wearing either jeans or sweatpants and a t-shirt."

13. Is there a particular skill your character doesn't have but would like to learn?
"Good question. I've always had all the money in the world to do what I wanted. I've learned to fly, to steer my yacht, and I play the piano. I suppose maybe learning another instrument would be fun like the guitar."

14. Who is the first person your character would tell important news to?
"Serena, without a doubt. I'd tell my wife anything important before I told someone else. Unless of course it was a surprise for Serena, then I'd likely tell her best friend Cecile."

15. Is your character competitive?
"Depends, what are we doing? I don't like to lose, especially in business opportunities and gang runs. The only other person in the city that I share the territory with is Serena's brother Dan who runs another gang."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deer
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview

Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:45 pm

Character Interview: Serena Woods
1. Does your character have a habit or something that gives away when they are nervous?
"Oh yes, I have tons of habits. Xav always tells me I tend to chew on my bottom lip when I am nervous. I also have the tendency to chip off the nailpolish of my nails, which is how Xavier often notices my nervousness. I try to touch them up at times but sometimes he notices it before I am able to do so."

"It depends on the situation. Normally I just pull Xavier into his piano room so he can play for me until I calm down. Or I disappear into my art room to paint whatever is on my mind. But there are times where I can cut to the chase and tell everyone what to do in order to solve the problems."

"I'm a very bad liar. Anyone knowing me the slightest can see right through my lies. It's not that I lie often, it is just the small 'I'm fine' lies. You know, to refrain people from growing too worried about me. Brandon did teach me how to lie when needed, so when I am facing strangers or someone's life is at stake I know how to play my cards."

4. Name three things your character fears - is there one they fear more than the others?
"My biggest fear is obviously claustrophobia. I repent confined spaces, especially if they are dark. I prefer not to be in cars during the night, or to have discussions in them. I am trying to work through them, and Xavier is helping me tremendously with that. Even if I am quite sure I will always need my nightlight. For the rest, I dislike snakes and spiders as well."

"I'd go into my art room to just paint and clear my mind. I turned it into a wonderful spot with help of my husband. He always brings me a beverage after a few hours if I am in there to check up with me. While I like being alone at times, I'm not good at it."

"I have always wanted to have a dog. They are wonderful creatures and always cheer me up. But, Xavier is more of a cat person and that is okay as well. Right now we have three cats, but I think we are getting a dog soon. He said he wanted to get one for extra security, as that dork it too overprotective about me at times. Then again, I won't complain about it."

7. Does your character prefer hot weather or cold weather? Or are they not bothered?
"I don't really mind. I prefer the weather inbetween. Where I can still wear dresses and a summer jacket, if needed."

"I am keeping my drawing journal, where I sketch everything which comes to mind to paint at a later level. It also portrays my mood and Xavier thinks of it as interesting. I think he might sneak through my journal at times to check up on how I feel, as I tend to hide my nerves. But I don't mind, I love to share my art with him!"

"My dream wedding was exactly like my actual wedding. A beautiful outside wedding. Just the closest friends and family, and I was wearing a beautiful dress. I made Xavier cry as I walked down the aisle, and my brother was guiding me. After that I had dances with all of my brothers and family, and the day was simply perfect."

"Until a while ago I wasn't too sure. I'm still young, and Xav and I only got married recently. But now, well-" A nervous laughter, the redhead reaching down to rub her belly. "I'm hoping this one will be healthy."

"A dreamer. I am definitely a dreamer and for some odd reason all of my dreams came true when I met Xavier. I am blessed."

12. Does your character have a distinct style of clothing that they always wear?
"I tended to wear simplistic clothes, not really wanting to be noticed but Xavier has been busy with stuffing my closet lately with colorful dresses and skirts. I'm somewhere afraid he will never stop, as my closet is starting to get a sort of full. He loves it when I wear pretty dresses and skirts, and I happily wear them for him. It also fits my position as store manager, now that I have been promoted a few months ago."

13. Is there a particular skill your character doesn't have but would like to learn?
"I'd love to learn how to play the piano. Xavier is actually teaching me, but slowly. I prefer listening to him instead of my... basic toggling of piano keys. I think I scared our cats off once while playing."

"Obviously that person is Xavier. However, if there are things I am not certain about, I go to Cecile and Samantha. They help me out at all times. They were the first ones to know that I was pregnant. I even did my pregnancy test under their supervision."

"I'm not necessarily competative, but I like a good challenge. I can be competative with Xavier, we tend to make stupid bets if he wants to spoil me again and I say no -- that man spoils me too much at times even if he says no. Plus, I like pillow fights. I always win, even if Xavier might not agree with that."

Hi, I am Deer! I love coding and spend a fair part of my
life doing it. I like Arrowverse, a lot. My inbox is always
open if you feel up to chat (about anything) or need some
help with BBCode. Check out my superhero group rp!

==================================================
BooSisPotato 100 DoSTo Do
==================================================
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Jazzyleia
Silver Belt

Character Interview Two

Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 pm

FC: Ryan Kelley
"I'd like to say that my biggest habit that shows I'm thinking or nervous is I lick my lips. Kind of random, never really understood why."

"Kill something. More than likely that is what is causing the stress. Eliminate that, and you have no stress."

"You have to be able to lie in this business. Xavier wouldn't like if it I spilled all the secrets. Neither would Dan. I think I'd be more afraid of Dan than Xavier."

"Losing someone important to me is a huge fear of mine. I also fear dying early without actually finding someone to love in life. Then I really hate large expanses of water. Like an ocean."

"Well, probably just my apartment. I'm alone most of the time unless Dan decides to drop by."

"I think a dog would be cool. Some big dog like a german shepard or something."

"No preference here. I can adapt."

"No because that would possibly give someone the ability to steal it and learn secrets of some sort. So no."

"I doubt that I will really get married. No it's not because I'm gay and I don't think that a wedding would happen, but it's because the one person I've fallen for isn't really the...romantic type. Even though I keep trying to tell him that he is. I mean, he makes me happy. So if there would be any wedding, it wouldn't be like Xavier and Rena's. It would probably not include really anyone. Perhaps we would elope or something."

"Not really. I mean, Xavier and Serena's child will be adorable and I'll love being an uncle to him or her, but I don't really want a kid of my own."

"Reliable. I took over the manager position once Ryan was a backstabber and has been trying to kill Xavier and Serena. I've taken a lot of the loads off of them while they dealt with the pregnancy as well. I also think that Dan sort of relies on me, even if he won't say it out loud."

"Nah. I'm pretty normal I suppose. Jeans, sneakers, and a t-shirt. Normally I like to wear long sleeves, especially on any gang related sort of missions. My tattoo is kind of a large giveaway. At work I wear normally what Xavier does, suits."

"Is it a skill to convince someone that they are romantic and deserving of love? Cause if I could have that, I'd take that in a moment. Otherwise I think something simple like tinkering with some electronics would be fun."

"Considering I don't have really important news ever in my life, it'd probably be my boss Xavier."

"Aren't we all? Xavier likes to have a 'family fun night' a few times a year with the entire gang. It normally gets pretty competitive when we are racing little go-karts around a track."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus: Character Interview - Evangeline M. Nardelli

Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:38 pm

ImageImage
Character Interview
x
  • 1. Does your character have a habit or something that gives away when they are nervous?

Eva? Get nervous? Probably a very rare thing. She has little shame and can come off to be quite overconfident. On the rare occasion that she is nervous, she'd likely bite her lip and worry at it, pick at her nails or clothing, or a combination of the two.

She likely laughs at or about it. That, or she'll ignore it. Whichever is more convenient for her. If the situation calls for attention, then she'll do her best to figure things out so that at the very least, she's happy.

Yes. Evangeline has no qualms about lying and wouldn't really second guess on whether or not she should. Depending on what she is lying about, she may think twice, though that is typically not the case.

1. Something happening to her sister
    2. Not being influential
    3. Heights

Evangeline usually doesn't like being alone. She likes being in the company of someone else, even if she's planning to ignore their presence while they are with her. If she truly wants to be alone, then she'll likely go off into the woods and find a nice tree to climb into.

Evangeline would have either cat or dog. She enjoys the company of both animals and sees positives and negatives of both. Eva adores the fact that a cat can be self-sufficient and take care of themselves, but also loves how loyal a dog can be.

Hot weather, because she has an excuse to take her clothes off and show off skin. Though, in all honesty, she doesn't care either way.

She has not. She finds such things silly and has no interest in recording her feelings.

Evangeline looks more forward to the consummation night than she does the actual marriage. As long as the marriage is nicely done and not poorly put together, she doesn't care.

Evangeline doesn't particularly like kids, but she doesn't hate them either. She's just not fond of them. A small part of her wants kids of her own, but then she knows she has to be responsible for them and the idea scares her since she doesn't think she'd be a great mother.

Alluring or provocative. Eva is not shy at all about flirting and enjoys flirting with anyone and everyone. Perhaps confidence is another word that could be put here, as she's completely sure about herself and what she's capable of.

Evangeline will wear anything, as long as it makes her look good. Dresses? Yes. Short or long. Pants, skirts, t-shirts. She particularly likes anything formfitting.

Eva is pretty content with her list of skills right now.

Her younger sister, Lilliana. The two of them are extremely close to each other.

15. Is your character competitive??

Oh, absolutely. 100%. And she typically won't play fair. Eva enjoys winning and especially enjoys getting the last word in.
cider
Blue Belt
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus: Issue 12 // Character Interview

Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:00 pm

roleplay: The Villianlympics
notes: magnetic power
              • 1. Does your character have a habit or something that gives away when they are nervous?
                "If I feel anxious about something, I try to busy my mind instead. I'll pick locks or try and count the nails in the walls."

"Depends on what is stressing me out," she says with a shrug. "I don't stress often, but I guess I'd drink some to ease the edge or just avoid it."

"I'd say I'm very good at lying. I don't really think there is anyone I couldn't lie to."

"Three things? Um, losing my free will. I never want to lose the control I have over my decisions. Losing my powers is a big one. They've become so much of who I am that I'd become a shell without them. And caring about someone scares me. That either makes you weak or then you have to fear losing them all the time."

"I just go home. No one really bothers me."

"I can't take care of a pet. I have too much I want to do with my life." A pause, "Fine, if I have to pick something I guess something cool like a rat or a fox."

"Cool weather is my favorite. It's invigorating. Plus you can always put more clothes on. You can only take so much off."

"And let someone find all my secrets and goals conveniently stored in one book? Hell no, are you dumb?"

She laughs and rolls her eyes. "Is nonexistent an acceptable answer?"

"I really highly doubt I'll ever find someone I can stand enough to live with, let alone have a kid with. Not to mention they're like having a pet only harder."

"To describe myself... Feisty."

"I have my skanky side of my closet, and my more sensible side. It's all basically the same shades, though. Black, grey, blue, red."

"Honestly, that parkour stuff would be so useful to know. I'm just not one for classes, so I don't know how I'd teach myself."

"No one needs to know my business."

"110%. I can't stand losing. I won't hesitate to take a dirty hit."
☆ѕтαяяу ѕкιєѕ☆
Red Belt
House: Sagacitas

Character interview - Kat Dreemurr

Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:35 am

"Yes, I tend to smooth my ears. I try not to, but."

"That depends. Is it stressful as in there's a test tomorrow and I forgot to study? Yes. I can handle that. Is it a flashback? No, not really. I tend to lose all control then. Asriel has to calm me down more often than not."

"Yes... I wouldn't say I'm happy about doing so, and usually they don't believe me anyway, so..."

"The dark, my nightmares, and my parents. I think I'm the most afraid of the dark..." She's a bit distant.

"My room. Asriel can tell if I need alone time. Doesn't mean the kids do..."

"I mean, I sort of am the pet? I've seen domestic cats in Night Vale, at least. Granted, there are definitely differences - I don't have spines or poison sacs - but people seem to like them."

"I'm fine with either. I think the kids love seeing me in either extremes because my fur turns white or brown, depending on the heat. I think I handle the cold better, though. Thick fur."

"I've actually never thought about doing so. I think Toriel used to keep a journal... I don't know."

"My own. It was perfect and I couldn't have asked for more."

"I think they're amazing. Asriel and I already have two - Amber and Kalad - and I'm pregnant with our third. I would love to have more, though."

Sweet.

"Just anything comfortable, really. Sometimes it's sweaters with sweats, sometimes tees and shorts."

"I wouldn't mind learning guitar."

"Asriel of course. Or maybe Ky. It really depends. It would probably be both at the same time, though."

"Oh no, no, no. Ky is very competitive, though. I'm mostly here for the fun."
Proud member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I will gladly answer any questions you have!
Image..ImageImageImage
Image Image
Image...Image