AS Afflatus: Issue Thirteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus: Character Interview - Chelsea I. Maddaloni

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:01 am

ImageImage
Character Interview
x
  • 1. Is your character a cat or dog person? Or neither? Why?
    • Chelsea doesn't mind either animal very much, especially since she knows Judas likes dogs. But, she finds that she leans more towards being a cat person. She admires the way they carry themselves and how resilient they seem to be. Not to mention the fact that they don't usually seem to be too bothered by whether someone is there to look after them or not. She finds them quite composed in the way they behave. Most of the time, at least.

2. What do they have a picture of as their phone background?
    • In the modern world, Chelsea would either have a picture of her and Judas as the background or of some cool picture she found that she thought would make a nice background. Most likely the latter as her lock screen and the former as her home screen.

3. Is there something that they once hated but came to love? What is it?
    • Chelsea hated herself for being a vampire - and one that hunted her own kind, at that. While she doesn't fully love herself or what she is, she's come to terms with it.

4. What do they do to relax?
    • In order to relax or relieve stress, Chelsea likes working out. If not that, then she may find a quiet place to curl up and read for a little bit. Best of all, however, is any time she is able to spend with Judas. Being with him brings her the most comfort.

5. How do they react to someone they care about being hurt or upset?
    • She will fuss and may even hover a little bit more than usual. Chelsea would likely be quite worried and would do her best to comfort them and make them feel better. If someone were to injure them severely, she would hunt them down and cause them the same amount of pain, if not more.

6. Are they more of an indoors or outdoors person?
    • Chelsea has no real preference, she enjoys both equally.

7. How do they act when they’re lacking sleep? Do they find it easy to get sleep?
    • At times, Chelsea finds it difficult to sleep, though it's gotten much better. When lacking sleep, she's sometimes a little disoriented and slow to grasp or understand things. She may also gripe at times, if she's feeling a little irritated.

8. Are they close with their family?
    • Her biological parents were killed before she could really form a close-knit bond with them that she could remember. She does know that she loved them immensely and would like to believe that she'd be extremely close to them if they were still alive. All she has is Reynard, her adoptive father, and she is extremely close to him. Chelsea trusts him more than anyone or anything. She confides in him about everything - her feelings, what's bothering her, and so forth - and doesn't feel good at all about keeping things hidden from him.

9. Do they like having their photo taken?
    • She's not too fussy about it.

10. What’s their go-to comfort food?
    • Most likely ice cream. Anything sweet.

11. If they could only pick three things to have with them on a desert island, what would they be?
    • 1. Loved ones
      2. Knife
      3. Rations

12. What's their most used emoji? (Or what would it be, if they don't have a phone?)
    • She probably wouldn't use emojis much, except the occasional smiling one. And hearts sent to Judas.

13. Are they good at being on time for things?
    • Yes. Chelsea prefers to be punctual and can't stand being late. She tries to show up a little bit early, even.

14. If they had the opportunity to change any one thing about themselves, would they?
    • If she could change the fact that she was a vampire, she definitely would. Sometimes, she wished she hadn't been a hunter so that she'd at least have the support of the vampire community.

15. If they could only pick one, which would it be: money, power, love?
    • Love. Chelsea doesn't care for power or money. She just doesn't want to be alone, especially after Reynard leaves. She's only known love and affection from him, and once that's gone, she's not entirely sure what she'll do.
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin
Location: In jail, probably, but that's okay because I work there.
House: Vipera

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ : 1

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:55 pm

"I prefer the companionship of a dog. Plus, cats aren't really a fan of tha sea. Dogs can just as easily keep tha rats outta tha food stores, not ta mention that they're quite tha loyal companion ta have."

"What in tha hell is a phone?" The captain sits back in his seat, eyeing you carefully while you explain to him what a phone is. He doesn't fully grasp the idea but shrugs his shoulders. "Well if I had one of them gadgets it would prolly of me ship if I'm being honest."

"I'd have ta say me crew. Pirates aren't the most loyal shits, but when ya run things just right they'll happily follow ya wherever ye go. I love them like me family now."

"I read. Shocking, I know. A pirate taking the liberty of reading a good book in his downtime."

"I'll find whoever made them that way, and put an end to them like the dogs they are."

"Outdoors definitely. Preferably out at sea."

7. How do they act when they’re lacking sleep? Do they find it easy to get sleep?
                "I've been told I can be a bit cranky without tha proper amount of sleep. A cranky captain makes for a nervous crew." Sov pauses, watching as the next part of the question is asked. "Tha sea is a lovely place to sleep. It rocks tha ship just right to lull ya into the land of dreams."

"Never met them, so no."

"Whatsa photo?" You once again have to explain it, and the captain leans back in his chair with a grunt. "So long as I can hang it in me ship I'd not care."

"Rum. It counts, don't argue."

11. If they could only pick three things to have with them on a desert island, what would they be?
                "Me ship, me crew, and me rum. Heh, wouldn't really be stranded though, so I think yer question is a bit irrelevant."

12. What's their most used emoji? (Or what would it be, if they don't have a phone?)
                "You and yer fuckin weird words. Go on then, explain this one to me as well." A pause for you to do so, and a scoff. "That's fuckin stupid. I wouldn't use any of them."

"Tha sea is unpredictable. There's no tellin' when I'll get to where I need to be until I get there."

14. If they had the opportunity to change any one thing about themselves, would they?
                "Not a damn thing lass. I'm livin' the dream."

"Wealth, obviously. That's why we're pirates." He offers a wink and a smirk. "The others come with the title."
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ : 2

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:55 pm

"Dogs are lovely companions to have, so very loyal and fiercely protective of those they love. I'd love to have one, but I think it would be impossible now."

"I've heard of these phones before, but they don't work anymore. I'd probably have a picture of my family as the lock screen. I miss them."

"When we first came to my last home, I hated it. Too many people all crammed into one walled city, but behind those people and the wall was protection that we'd never had before. I grew to love it. A shame it's not around anymore."

"I enjoy reading old books, maybe a few artistic things here and there. I'm not the best artist, but given enough time I could make something useful as well as take it as a bit of a breath from the hell that is my life."

"I would be very upset, obviously. I'm by no means a big person, but I would do anything to protect those I care about if given the chance."

"I prefer to be inside. Outside is too dangerous, and my mother always warned me of the people that lurk beyond the walls. I'm stuck with one of them currently."

"I'm quite fussy if I'm being honest. Sleep is important and helps to mend one's mind. I used to be able to sleep easily, but now it's rather difficult to sleep not knowing what could happen while my eyes are closed and my mind is elsewhere."

"I was. I miss them so much."

"That technology is long dead as well, but I wouldn't mind it."

"Anything sweet. Mother used to have a ration of chocolate set away for particularly bad days."

"I'm not sure, to be honest? If anything I'd want my father with me, a gun, and a bag to lug things around in easily."

"I'm not familiar with that term, to be honest." Green eyes watch you carefully as you explain, and she offers a smile. "Probably something cute, a flower? Or a heart?" 🌺

"It depends on the situation. Right now? I don't really have to be on time for anything. Before I was shoved into a literal dungeon, I'd never be late for chores or anything. If that's what you mean..."

"Maybe lighten up on the freckles a little bit? I've been told it's attractive, but honestly, it's rather distracting to have people stare constantly."

"I have no use for money, nor power. I guess that leaves me with love, but that's nothing that will come any time soon."
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin

ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ : ɪssᴜᴇ 13

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWORD COUNT : 1,257
x
  • ʜearing something so bizarre from Agnes was one thing, but to hear it from the lips of the Deputy was a total mind fuck. To know that her best friend was literally sleeping with the enemy almost made her sick when the news first hit her. He could control her, manipulate her, use her, and all it took was a click of a button or the stab of a knife and Agnes would be no more. It didn't matter how many times that Agnes tried to ensure Devan that he would never harm her, Devan didn't believe a damn word of it, and only would when she sees it herself or manages to get the wolf to hiss it through his crooked teeth himself. Neither of which she has had the opportunity to take, not yet at least, but it seemed that it would come sooner than anticipated.

Anywhere Agnes went, that damned Deputy was not far behind her. Trailing after her like a lost pup. Her eyes roll at the thought as she rummages through her medical bags in the corner of Damien's office. The leader sits behind his desk, the usual stack of paperwork in front of him as he blatantly ignores her. In the back of the blonde's mind, she wonders briefly if Damien knew anything of the relationship between Axel and Agnes. Would he even approve such relations between a member of his gang and a worker? That was something that ate angrily at the back of her mind. God forbid that Damien take it all out on Agnes for something that was equally both her and Axel's fault. She could see the leader doing something like that, and the thought causes her lip to curl.

"I'll be doing my normal rounds of the settlement. I'll return here once I've finished to brief you on who needed medical attention and what supplies were used." She mutters, pinching the eye of the zipper and yanking it over its track so that the bag could close. Baby blues shift to him, to see if he would acknowledge her words, but he doesn't even so much as look at her. A frown crosses her features, but she wasn't about to speak again and risk him snapping at her that he had heard her the first time. He'd been so moody lately, and the briefly wonders why that was as she moves from a crouch to a stand. Without another glance back, she makes for the door, but she can feel the heated gaze he offers her when she yanks the door open and slams it shut behind her. Yup, she might end up paying for that later tonight, but she couldn't care less, he had no reason to treat her as if she was nothing. Especially not after having not only saved his men's asses but his own a few times as well. Asshole.

Devan's mood only continued to decrease as she makes her rounds, tending to those who needed it and being sure to document everything for Damien. While Damien had made it clear that they were not to be touched, it didn't stop their sultry looks. Half the time she wanted to snap their jaw back into place to prevent them from drooling like the disgusting dogs that they truly were. She knew very well that if they dared lay a hand on her that they would end up dead, but she would too more than likely. Devan was sure that they would not dare to keep her alive for her to scream for help, and until her deceased body was found they would be safe from the repercussions, and likely even afterward if there was not enough evidence to support their involvement in the crime. She'd end up just another mound against the settlements wall. She shudders at the thought and quickly makes her way toward the door. The sooner she was out of the room full of assholes, the better.

Keeping her eye on the jerks behind her, she's hardly focused on what lay on the other side of the door, and with a muffled gasp Devan finds herself flush with the chest of the Deputy. Scrambling back, she pins him with a narrowed gaze, taking in the rather shocked look he gives in return. Wanting to avoid any confrontation at this moment in time, taking into consideration her foul mood, she quickly attempts to skirt around him and make a hasty retreat, but that plan is foiled when the Deputy shoots his hand out to grip the doorframe and keep her in her place.

"You should watch where you're walking, Blondie. Imagine if I had been Damien, you'd be crawling back to the office rather than walking." His words are rough, as they usually were, but instead of threatening her directly, it was more of a warning with a reminder of what could happen.

"You should mind your own fucking business, as well as keep your dirty paws off my best friend. I don't know what you're up to, but if you hurt her at all I'll fucking gut you while you sleep with your own blade." She seethes through clenched teeth, baby blues meeting that venomous green gaze of his and watching as his eyes narrow at her threat.

"Let's discuss some things, but not here. I'm going to make some things very clear to you, and I expect you to hear me out before you dare start laying the blame on me for things I haven't done." He hisses back, his hand darting out to grip her wrist firmly and guide her away from the house full of men still ogling the both of them with curiosity. The Deputy practically drags her behind him and into the nearest deserted alley before finally releasing her.

"I have never willingly harmed her, and I have absolutely no intention of doing so. I can't even believe she told you about us, it was to be a secret-"

"She's my best friend you idiot. You think she can keep anything from me? I knew something was going on before she even told me." Devan cuts him off, her lip curling briefly with the insult she gives to him.

"Look, Devan. I truly do love her, and I can't explain it. She's so perfect, innocent, and compassionate. She doesn't care about my past and believes that no matter what, people deserve a second chance. I can only ask that you offer the same to me. Give me a chance to prove to you that I would never do anything to hurt her. I've only always wanted to protect her." Axel is quick to defend himself, the hardened look in his eyes being replaced with that of concern as he lets his gaze flicker between the two baby blues before him.

"You have one fucking chance, Axel. One. I reserve the right to change that by tomorrow. If you fail in any way I will fucking make your life a living hell. You'll want to watch your back because if you get hurt, I'll make sure you suffer even more from the lack of proper medical care. If she dies, you'll be next. That's a fucking promise." Determining that the conversation was finished and that she had gotten her point across to him, she stalks away from the stone still Deputy without a single glance back. She would make good with her promises, and for some odd reason, she knew that he understood completely.
deviant
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

character interview // kiara vinson

Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:58 pm

ImageImage
    whilst kiara loves all animals, she's more of a dog person at heart because she loves how cuddly and loyal they are - and how she's never met a dog that's failed to cheer her up. her family had an over-excitable border collie called beau when she was growing up who she loved dearly, and she hopes to be able to get a dog of her own some day. she used to want a cat as well but a bad experience with cat-like creatures has left her a bit more on edge about them.
    for a long time it used to be a picture of her with her older brother and younger sister but she reached a stage where she started changing it on a regular basis - sometimes it's a picture of her and her friends, sometimes it's a motivational quote. it changes with her mood.
    when kiara was younger she used to hate travelling - it caused her a lot of stress until one family holiday to australia. she adored the place and since then has adored travelling - it inspired her to go on and start studying to become a journalist so that she can hopefully get a job that allows her to travel the world and see more new exciting places.
    generally kiara will turn to writing or reading if she needs to relax and clear her head. they are both activities she enjoys - especially when she's able to throw some music on in the background and change into some cosy clothes. she'll quite happily get lost in her own little world for a couple of hours if given the chance.
    she hates seeing the people she cares about in any kind of pain, be it physical or emotional. if she can, she'll do her best to remove whatever is the source of the pain or upset but otherwise kiara will simply just be there for them and try to cheer them up.
    definitely more of an outdoors person - even if it's just as simple as sitting out in the garden. she enjoys exploring and simply being surrounded by nature. the exception is when it starts to get cold in winter time, at which point she spends a little more time inside because she is not a huge fan of being out when it's too cold outside.
    as long as it hasn't been a stressful or overly exciting day kiara will be out like a light when she finally gets round to sleeping. when she doesn't get enough sleep she ends up wandering around looking slightly dazedvand will likely need questions repeated a couple of times until she's able to go for a short nap to recharge.
    extremely. she loves her parents and siblings and cherishes every opportunity to visit home when she can. they're the ones who made her who she is today and she would do anything for them.
    not really unless she is the one taking the photo. kiara very much prefers being the one behind the camera and her siblings take great delight in winding her up by trying to take sneaky pictures of her when they think she isn't paying attention.
    ice-cream. she always has some in the freezer in case of emergencies - unless her siblings have been visiting and have eaten it whilst she wasn't looking, of course. chocolate is her favourite flavour and as well as being a comfort food is also an excellent way to bribe her into helping with things.
    a phone to call for help, water, and her journal.
    it's a close call between the heart emoji and the shrug emoji - both of which tend to be sent to people with surprising regularity. those tend to be her biggest two moods towards her siblings at the very least. val tends to receive the shrug more often than not when kiara receives a text detailing whatever crazy fight or scenario her best friend has decided to get herself into.
    it depends on what the thing is. if it's something that's important to her kiara will make sure she gets there early (perhaps earlier than really necessary to most people) but other than that she'll tend to arrive just on time or a few minutes behind.
    maybe how she deals with stressful situations? at the moment kiara generally has a tendency to freeze up or get upset (unless a friend is in trouble or needs her help), so if she could she would want to be able to be productive and work well under stressful conditions.
    love. every time. money and power are things that can be nice to have but aren't necessary things that kiara desires in order to be happy. love is something that she has always been searching for, whether she's conscious of the fact or not. she wants to find a person who'll always be there for her no matter what life throws their way.
Memory.
Black Belt

↪ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ : ᴍᴀʀᴄᴇʟ/ᴄᴇʟ

Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm

xx
                He's both, actually! Every single animal that he's known has either been really friendly or really chill despite what goes on around them, and he pretty much admires that.

If he had a phone? Most likely a lotus flower, but he would also be the type to change his background every single day.

His entire being, really.

He loves drinking tea, and being around children and/or animals calms him down a little bit as well.

Okay, so if they're emotionally hurt he will let them know that he's open if they want to talk, but will leave the subject matter alone if deny anything or simply don't want to talk. Hugs are also a good thing for that scenario. If they're physically hurt, it depends on the severity, but most likely he'll stay with that person and let them know that they're going to be okay and safe.

Outdoors, but staying indoors can be fun too!

He acts the same, actually. He never really gets all that much sleep in the first place, and more often than not will stay awake to just stare at a wall as if being immersed in a really good book. But it never seems to affect his mood or attitude, but of course that could also be because of the fact that he's really old.

His family is long since dead.

Of course! He also loves taking photo's with other people, and if you hang out with him you will have no choice other than to take photo's with him. But he does respect the privacy of others, and if it truly bothers them he won't force anyone to do anything.

Every food is a comfort food in his world!

• > Food
                  > Flare gun
                  > Probably a card game

Probably either the heart squared, or the gay pride flag.

Yes! And if anything, there's too much time.

Of course.

Love
Deer
Silver Belt

AS Afflatus: Character Interview

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:17 pm

Character Interview: Serena Woods
1. Is your character a cat or dog person? Or neither? Why?
“I’m more of a dog person because I feel like dogs are more loyal as cats. That being said though, I became a cat person once I moved in with Xavier, seeing as we have three cats now. I like both of them, but Roy gives the best pet cuddles.”

“I tend to change my phone background quite a lot, actually. At times it is a picture of me and Xavier, and I tend to switch it up with group photos of me, Cecile, Alex, Max and Zach. I still miss them a lot at times, and like that they still feel close.”

“This is going to sound odd, but I am going to be honest. Something I used to hate was to like… show myself… to Xavier. I have been incredibly insecure about my own body image and wanted to cover myself up as much as possible. Now I think ‘love’ is a big word, but I don’t mind it these days to show myself to him, especially not if I am uh, wearing something nice underneath my clothes.”

“When I want to relax I paint or read, at times I go out for a walk in the garden. Or I just watch some netflix with Xavier to cuddle, or hear him play the piano.”

“I think I get really fiery. People told me often enough I tend to lash out with harsh words if anyone I care about is hurt by someone else. If they are upset, I tend to sit down and listen to them, make sure they can speak what’s on their mind and offer them what they need. I want everyone to be alright.”

“I am definitely an outdoors person. Indoors can feel confined for me at times.”

“I get incredibly clingy when I lack sleep. If that’s the case I can cling to Xavier all day, demanding cuddles and pouting at him until he gives them to me. I can sleep easily, if I have my nightlight and Xavier. Otherwise I can’t really sleep. Without my nightlight I will even get panic attacks if I try to sleep during the night.”

“I am really close to the people I call my family. I love all of them, and I hope they love me too even if I can be a handful at times. I think I gave Alex a few heart attacks when I told him I got married, and again when I told him I am expecting.”

“No, not at all.”

“I’m a girl, so I guess it is chocolate normally. But right now my comfort food is apples. And my normal food. All my food is based on apples. My little girl seems to love them.”

“That is a hard one. I think I’d go for Xavier, Xavier’s yacht and my camera. That way we can go back to the normal world and I get to shoot some pictures of the beautiful island view.”

“It is definitely the see-no-evil monkey, because that is the emoji I use when I am uncertain about something… And I am uncertain quite a lot.”

“I’m always way too early.”

“Xavier says that I am good the way I am, but if I could change one thing I want to get rid of that damned claustrophobia. It would make my life so much easier.”

“I survived 21 years without money and power, but I wouldn’t live today if I didn’t have love. Love is always my priority. I don’t want to live without it.”
Deer
Silver Belt

AS Afflatus: Character Interview

Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:06 pm

☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵
☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵
      “I’d say I’m more of a dog person. I don’t have a pet but dogs always appealed to me more.”

“It’s my standard phone background. I never had the need to change it.”

“At first I hated my power. The visions I got were only disturbing, causing for my father to even sent me away. But now I have accepted it and I love the fact I can use it to help others.”

“I meditate. It is one of the few ways I can keep my powers under control and ensure my own stability.”

“I always try to stay rational. I help them put things in perspective if they are upset and make sure they focus on what is important. I do the same if they are hurt. I’m not really a person to get physical and fight like my brother. It is best to stay rational at all times.”

“Outdoors, definitely. It’s better to meditate there.”

“I almost never lack sleep, as Kavi has taught me how to manage my energy perfectly. It is easy for me to fall asleep or at least into a slumber of meditation, so I always have enough energy.”

“I’d like to say that I am, but I am not certain. I have been gone for majority of their lives and only recently returned… I still feel like I have to prove myself.”

“No, definitely not.”

“A large mug of tea helps me when I feel upset. I always drank tea up in the mountains and it helped me stay focussed on what would be important.”

“I’d take Valerie with me, because I can use some company and someone who can easily make some fire. Other than that...I am not entirely sure what I would take. I am a minimalist. Perhaps I would take a few flares to shoot up if a ship passes by or something… And something to clean water with. Water is important.”

“I don’t often use my phone nor do I use emoji’s. I never really understood the digital world but I think my most often used one is the winky face.”

“I try to be on time, but well, what does ‘on time’ mean these days?”

“As much as I preach that marks are not meaning that your soulmate will love you romantically, I’d like it if I had one. Just to know for sure that there is someone out there for me. It is lonely at times, and seeing my siblings at times… Well, it makes me feel even lonelier at times.”

“I don’t care about money. I don’t care about power. I have lived without those things for a lot of time. All I care for is someone to love. I hope that Valerie is that person, but I am terrified at times that she would turn around and walk away like my previous girlfriend did.”
rimbaud
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Character Interview: Rokshaneh 'Shaana' Elmas

Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:13 am

ImageImageImage

Verse/RP: Marvel/The New Mutants
    Rokshaneh is a complete cat person. She always adored felines more and as long as she could remember, she wanted one. It’s not as if she thinks dogs aren’t cute but she just loves cats far more. She melts into a puddle upon even seeing cats and if any would so much as meow to her, she dissolves into indistinguishable squeals. She thinks cats are intelligent, soft to cuddle, and a match for her personality. Rokshaneh even has a cat baby of her own, his name is Catastrophe, and he is like flesh and blood for her. She would do anything for her pun-named feline.

It is either a picture of her parents or a picture of Catastrophe, lying on his back, chewing on his bunny toy while trying to kick it with his feet. Though, it is most probably her (future) boyfriend Sebastian cuddling Catastrophe.

Hate is a strong word, however, the ideas of dating, relationships, and love were exactly not something Shaana was particularly fond of. It will take her bit to get adjusted to her feelings regarding Sebastian but even she knows there is no other person who could understand her and connect with her like he does. And the feelings of comfort and safety that she can't help but feel around him, makes her feel very open to the idea of a steady relationship with him. Something else would be nose piercings, she didn’t use to like the idea of them very much, but now she adores them.

This would be a long list but Rokshaneh’s main go to is music.
    1. Even if she is upset, music is the first thing that helps her. Singing relieves any stress she could have, clear her mind, and refresh her spirits.
    2. Spending time alone with Sebastian and him singing for her immediately relaxes her. Just so much as talking to him about even the smallest of things soothes her incredibly. Physical affection is definitely wanted during all this.
    3. Eating ice cream always makes her feel a lot better.
    4. Wearing comfy old clothes like t-shirts two to three sizes bigger than her own, eating ice cream, while cuddling, and watching a funny movie or cartoon would be very helpful.
    5. Taking a long drive in the twilight hours or at night and blasting good music, preferably rock; belting at the top of her lungs and feeling the breeze on her face.
    6. If she is in the middle of reading a book, it would also be one of the first things she picks up when trying to relax.
    7. Flying around while listening to music helps her if she is extremely stressed and wants to be alone.
    8. Debating and mental sparring also helps her relax very much and clears her head, as odd as it sounds.

She would struggle in trying to comfort the person with terrible puns and jokes but would also try and give logical solutions to combat the issue. She would try and see the many perspectives of the situation to help them the best she can meanwhile trying to keep it light. If someone had harmed her loved one very much, she could even lash out at the person responsible or try and find a way to get back at them in the most effective way possible.

It depends. Rokshaneh enjoys excitement and mental sparring so anywhere she can have that, she’d enjoy. She likes to be around people so she can be pretty outdoorsy and her powers do work better outside.

Rokshaneh gets very cranky when she doesn’t have proper sleep. She’d find it harder to use the proper words she wants to use and can come off as blunt and insensitive. She can fall asleep relatively quickly unless if her brain hasn’t gone wild again, jumping from thought to thought tirelessly. If woken up without properly finishing sleep, even if it is by her own bladder, she finds it extremely difficult to fall asleep again.

Rokshaneh is very close to her family. She is considered as the glue of her family and a spoiled princess who brings light to everyone’s lives. Her family is very overprotective and caring over her.

She doesn't mind it one bit, honestly. Catch her posing in funny ways for the pictures.

Ice cream. Always ice cream. Rokshaneh is obsessed with ice cream. She’d be found stuffing ice cream in the institute kitchens at wee hours of the morning. Often times it is someone else’s ice cream stash she has stolen. No one at the institute can eat ice cream alone.

She won’t need a lot of things being an atmokinetic mutant but to make a small list.
    1. A knife, dagger, or any blade. She can also make it into a spear.
    2. A compass so when she tries to fly off the island, she can find her directions safely.
    3. Sebastian’s shirts so she doesn’t feel lonely What? Please let her be cute.

The tongue out emoji, probably. Though, she finds emojis cringe-worthy a lot of times.

She isn't, but she tries her best.

Her ophidiophobia and any other fears. Anything that makes her feel powerless in a bad way.

As much as she’d find the question cheesy and roll her eyes at it playfully, she’d choose love. It is human to pick love.
toast
Gold Belt
House: Sagacitas

Character Interview: Kitty Peterson

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:46 am

ImageImage
KITTERIDGE ”KITTY” PETERSON
    xxxxx there’s something about a big old screaming cat that Kit finds extremely loveable. Don’t get him wrong, he likes dogs too, but he’s definitely more of a cat person and while that isn’t the reason for his nickname, it sure is ironic that it ended up that way
    xxxxx A few years back he was rummaging through his dad’s attic and found a photo of his mother guiding a toddler-aged him on a horse. He scanned it and has had it as his background ever since, as its one of the last photos of his mom before her health started to decline and it lets him remember her when she was as active and healthy as when he was born
    xxxxx Zephyr, his demon. They definitely didn’t get along when he was first killed and possessed but now they’ve got their flow figured out and he can’t deny it’s nice not having to explain his thoughts and feelings to someone, since Zephyr just gets it. Of course, he’d love to have his privacy back but he doesn’t hate him nearly as much as he used to
    xxxxx He spends the day inside, no pants, an oversized t-shirt, and a playlist filled with all of his favorite broadway songs blasting on the radio. He may or may not have started drinking wine early that morning, there may or may not be a bubble bath and a request for the cutest delivery guy in his future. It really depends on if something prompted that day of relaxation or not
    xxxxx he wouldn’t exactly be jumping for joy, that’s for sure. He does, however, find it sometimes difficult to relay comfort to others since he was much older before he had anyone that he’d let teach him how. He’s trying to make that ground up now because he’s not really attuned to violence so he’d at least like to be able to cheer people up if he’s not going to aggressively defend them
    xxxxx Hes an outdoor kinda guy with an indoor drive. He’d love to visit all these gorgeous places in theory, but in practice hiking has never really been his thing and he burns too easily to be outside for a long time given his habit of not putting on sunscreen
    xxxxx Hes always been a bit of a night owl but it’s gotten worse since he started living with Zephyr. Now he doesn’t sleep all that often, not that he really needs it, and tends to busy himself with other tasks. His art skills have erupted since his possession, although portraits still aren’t his thing. Catch him with an expertly crafted body drawn in graphite with a fact like that red mask emoji, u know the one with the black fur around it
    xxxxx He doesn’t remember much about his mom outside of her dying in a hospital. He and his father had a rough relationship growing up because he was never the nurturing type but that was the kind of parent that Kitty needed as a kid. It was particularly rough when his dad remarried, and he struggled for a bit with having a woman in his life that wasn’t his sick mom or his overbearing grandmother, but he eventually accepted his step-mom and his relationship with his father began to improve with her around. Their relationship has been great since Kit was old enough to move out and live on his own. He and his half-brother don’t talk all that much ever since Kit was caught kissing his history teacher when he was in eleventh grade
    xxxxx Not exactly, but he deals with it for the sake of his grandparents, whose life force seems to be directly linked to how many family photos they can put on the walls at their house. It’s a small price to pay for their happiness, and he’s willing to pay it
    xxxxx a rare cooked steak with a potato chip crust. He and his dad would always experiment with cooking on saturdays when he was growing up and that one kinda just stuck
    xxxxx a blanket, a knife, and a really long book. He might not know much about the outdoors in practice, but theory is something he’s had his whole life and his dad instilled at least some practical thought into him.
    xxxxx the blushy smile emoji, it’s cute and matches the exact tone he tries to convey to everyone he talks to.
    xxxxx If he’s on time, he’s late. If he’s less than 10 minutes early to things, you can bet he was panicking the whole way there.
    xxxxx the demonic presence going away would always be nice. Physically, he’d either like to be taller or shorter, he’s always felt he’s kind of awkwardly in the middle
    xxxxx hes pretty much already got power, and his job pays enough for rent and utilities which is mostly what he needs. Love is really the only thing he’s missing, and coincidentally he’s the type of hopeless romantic to believe it’s all he really needs, the rest can always be figured out later