AS Afflatus: Issue Thirteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

ArcaneWitch
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview 1- Zavia Velaquez

Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:09 pm

xxxxx
─────────────
Zavia
─────────────

─────────────
Velaquez
─────────────
1. Is your character a cat or dog person? Or neither? Why?
Dog person, they're much more loyal and have a decent brain.
2. What do they have a picture of as their phone background?
It consistantly changes, but at the moment it is a rose.
3. Is there something that they once hated but came to love? What is it?
Violence, she was once a kind and loving person, but she unfortunately enjoys
bloodshed.
4. What do they do to relax?
Sleep once in awhile, for more than 3 hours.
5. How do they react to someone they care about being hurt or upset?
Often kills the one who caused the issue, or torture, one or the other.
6. Are they more of an indoors or outdoors person?
Outdoors. She feels free and hates being caged
7. How do they act when they’re lacking sleep? Do they find it easy to get sleep?
Ha, sleep? What is that? Its a normal thing to have little sleep, and she
finds it hard to do so anyway.
8. Are they close with their family?
Oh hell no, family has been nothing more than a huge group of backstabbers.
9. Do they like having their photo taken?
Vary rarely, only when she feels like it.
10. What’s their go-to comfort food?
Barbecue chips.
11. If they could only pick three things to have with them on a desert island,
what would they be?

Her knife, handgun, and ammunition. At least some things to help her survive.
12. What's their most used emoji? (Or what would it be, if they don't have a phone?)
Kissing lips.
13. Are they good at being on time for things?
Sometimes, she often arrives late just to be irritating.
14. If they had the opportunity to change any one thing about themselves, would they?
Her temper. She often loses it over dumb things.
15. If they could only pick one, which would it be: money, power, love?
Power. 100%
important
Brown Belt
House: Halcyon

i'm gonna have my way with you [ character interview ]

Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:28 pm

i. is your character a cat or dog person? or neither? why? ace would rather a dog over a cat, but he's n
ot too keen on getting an animal at the moment. he's far too busy with other things.
ii. what do they have a picture of as their phone background? he does not have a phone, and if he did,
the picture would more than likely be either plain black or a picture of aleksy.
iii. is there something that they once hated but came to love? what is it? love. ace was never really o
ne for the idea of love, but after his relationship with aleksy transgressed into something more than what t
hey had initially, he's grown much softer to the whims of romance.
iv. what do they do to relax? what does he do? aleksy. simple and easy, when he's stressed out, either
his friend takes quick notice or ace makes a move on him, resulting in the two of them relieving stress for o
ne another... together. and in highly unconventional methods.
v. how do they react to someone they care about being hurt or upset? despite all indicators that he wo
uldn't be the type to help those he cares about, ace is quite protective over aleksy, and would kill whoever
hurt his friend, no matter who that person may be to him. though not terribly good at comforting, he really
does try his best for the other elf.
vi. are they more of an indoors or outdoors person? indoors. as much as he loves being outside, inside
and behind closed doors is where all the magic happens, be it sparring or... well, sex.
vii. how do they act when they’re lacking sleep? do they find it easy to get sleep? ace has a pretty abn
ormal sleep schedule to the fact that he does find difficulty in sleeping, and when tired he gets even harsh
er than he is already, snapping at others and cursing and making rash decisions that he comes to regret.
viii. are they close with their family? ace is an orphan who was raised by the ex-leader of the guild he
initially grew up into, before finally killing his own mentor and assuming power there himself. he's since mo
ved onto a different guild. his only family is aleksy at the moment.
ix. do they like having their photo taken? he doesn't mind it, no. he wants to be remembered.
x. what’s their go-to comfort food? aleksy. oh, and veal. he likes veal quite a lot.
xi. if they could only pick three things to have with them on a desert island, what would they be? ale
ksy, his sword, and a bottle of spirits. let the good times roll, right?
xii. what's their most used emoji? (or what would it be, if they don't have a phone?) 💙 for aleksy
xiii. are they good at being on time for things? no. he always gets caught up with aleksy, and is hardly
ever on time. always late to even his own meetings, ace is.
xiv. if they had the opportunity to change any one thing about themselves, would they? nothing whats
oever. he's satisfied with himself. a god complex, if you will.
xv. if they could only pick one, which would it be: money, power, love? is this a trick question? power
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Character Interview Two

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:21 pm

1. Is your character a cat or dog person? Or neither? Why?
"I'm personally a cat person, although dogs are fine as well. But like smaller ones. Not those ones you stuff into purses or something, but the smaller ones that can easily fit on your lap when they want cuddles."

2. What do they have a picture of as their phone background?
"Right now? Well yeah. I mean no one would really understand it other than myself and Day. It's a picture of Wall-E and Eve from Wall-E the movie. You know the one about robots?"

3. Is there something that they once hated but came to love? What is it?
"I hated the fact that I couldn't share my power within me. That I was basically shunned, a target for the government to probably do with as they pleased. But then I met Dan and his group and he welcomed me with open arms. So now I'm fine with staying hidden, so long as it means all of my friends and boyfriend are safe."

4. What do they do to relax?
"Whatever anyone else wants to do really. I like to cook for everyone. But I love video games. Throw me a controller and I'll play whatever you are playing. Call of Duty, some rainbow princess crap, all of it is fine with me."

5. How do they react to someone they care about being hurt or upset?
"I always get worried, especially when someone is hurt. I mean, I can heal wounds and everything, but I always worry that they will be too far gone and that I can't bring them out, or if multiple people are really hurt, I worry that I won't be able to heal them all before I collapse of exhaustion."

6. Are they more of an indoors or outdoors person?
"Both. I couldn't really decide. I love being inside, especially if it is really hot or really cold. But if the stars are out and it's a nice night, I'll drag Day outside to look at them."

7. How do they act when they’re lacking sleep? Do they find it easy to get sleep?
"Cranky pretty much, although I'm an early riser and late sleeper. But I need those few hours of sleep you know? Cause you never know when you will be in a high stress situation."

8. Are they close with their family?
"My blood family? No, absolutely not. They probably would have shipped me off to the nearest government facility claiming I was a danger to society like they were brainwashed to believe. The herd, they are my family. Dan, Day, Shaana, Logan, Layla...they are my family now."

9. Do they like having their photo taken?
"I mean, I don't mind it. I wouldn't be posing for many things nowaday anyway."

10. What’s their go-to comfort food?
"Lucky Charms has become a very good favorite of mine thanks to Day."

11. If they could only pick three things to have with them on a desert island, what would they be?
"Well first off I would bring Day because he would just figure out how to use coconuts or something to get off the island. Then if a full kitchen would count as one item, I'd bring that so I could cook. And finally I'd bring a real bed because I'd rather not be uncomfortable and stranded."

12. What's their most used emoji? (Or what would it be, if they don't have a phone?)
"Hearts and the kissing emoji, although most of the time Day doesn't really understand it in context."

13. Are they good at being on time for things?
"Of course. I think Dan would fire me if I wasn't."

14. If they had the opportunity to change any one thing about themselves, would they?
"I'm sure people would think I would want to change the fact that I have this power. But I wouldn't, because I would have never met the herd and Day, the love of my life. So I guess I'd change my hair because honestly sometimes I just really want to wear red or pink and it does not go with red hair."

15. If they could only pick one, which would it be: money, power, love?
"Love. I don't need money and I don't need power in this world. So long as I have love and Day, I think we can overcome anything."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:02 pm

CHARACTER USED: Ray Kavanagh
x
Is your character a cat or dog person? Or neither? Why?
xxx"I value loyalty more than anything in this miserable world. Dogs are known to be one of the most loyal beasts out there; having a trustworthy companion is more than I can ask for. Cats, on the other hand, are often seen wandering around or completely ignoring their masters in favour of staying independent. I could not care for such a rebellious animal."
What do they have a picture of as their phone background?
xxxI fear that our world is not prepared to create such devices. My knowledge is not enough to understand what is this "phone" you are speaking of. This will stay unanswered."
Is there something that they once hated but came to love? What is it?
xxx"I used to hate spending time with other people. I grew up as a lonely child and being on my own was something I had gotten used to before my family's death. Having Sybil constantly pester me with trivial questions and pointless discussions had made me feel somewhat bitter about having company. Growing closer to Jehan and the other assassins proved to me that trusting other people and getting to know them better was not such a massive waste of time as I had previously thought. It still makes me uneasy to be surrounded by a fairly large crowd, but I am rarely as nervous as I used to be when dealing with others. I believe that Sybil is to thank for allowing me to get out of my shell without any consequences."
What do they do to relax?
xxx"I like to spend time alone whenever I need to calm myself down. Be it walking outside of the city and exploring the nearby forest or going out for a ride with my horse, I like to be alone. Spending time in my bedroom inside of the Guild's headquarters is also a good way to clear my mind and think about my choices. I guess that I just like to wander outside."
How do they react to someone they care about being hurt or upset?
xxx"People often say that I am unusually defensive for someone of my upbringing and nature. Whenever someone dear to me gets injured or upset, I cannot stop myself from wanting to make things right. Even if I have to resort to violence and teach someone a lesson, I will always put the feelings of other people in front of the wrongdoer's health and safety."
Are they more of an indoors or outdoors person?
xxx"Outdoors. Spending a lot of time cooped up inside often makes me feel nauseous or uneasy about my surroundings. I prefer to walk in the neighbouring forests or sit by a calm lake; being surrounded by nature makes me feel better and it is easier to relax when the sound of the city is not anywhere nearby. People often find it alarming that I would rather spend hours walking outside during a heavy rainstorm instead of relaxing in front of a warm fireplace. I guess not everyone can understand the beauty of nature quite like the assassins."
How do they act when they’re lacking sleep? Do they find it easy to get sleep?
xxx"My sleeping schedules have been erratic ever since the current Queen of France assigned her daughter's welfare and safety to me. I cannot say that lack of sleep affects my capabilities as a fighter too much, but my powers are often not as powerful as I would like them to be. My instincts and reflexes often slow down whenever I have spent too much time without any rest, but I rarely ever show it. Other people should worry about themselves and not try to push their noses into my life. I dislike attracting a lot of unwanted attention."
Are they close with their family?
xxx"I used to be, when they were still alive. Now, the only person I consider to be my true family is an old friend called Ethne. I am still very close to her and I watch over her lessons in the Guild. Another person I would consider my family is the Princess; even if she often acts like a spoiled younger sister, both I and Ethne care about that girl very much."
Do they like having their photo taken?
xxx"I hate when people look at me for too long. Even if it is often a sign of curiosity and amusement, I cannot stand it when I am the target of someone's gaze. It is uncomfortable."
What’s their go-to comfort food?
xxx"Even if it may not look like that, I am a fan of warm stews and white wine. If that is possible and if my mood is not the best, I will always prefer to have a nice bowl of hot soup accompanied by a few glasses of wine. My mother used to make stews for me when I was a child and it stuck. My father loved wine and that is where my love for it came from."
If they could only pick three things to have with them on a desert island, what would they be?
xxx"My daggers would be a very useful item to have if I ever found myself stranded on a desert island with no way of going back. I would also prefer to have Magnus with me; just in order to have a little bit of company. My fox does not speak and he would never be able of arguing with me over trivial topics. As for the third thing, I would like to have my amulet; it reminds me of home and of everything that I have lost throughout my life. Apart from that, I should be able to survive with whatever I would find on the island. I am sure of it."
What's their most used emoji? (Or what would it be, if they don't have a phone?)
xxx"This is another thing that confuses me; I have never heard about this creation and I fear that answering this particular question is impossible for me. At least, at the very moment."
Are they good at being on time for things?
xxx"Absolutely. People like me often rely on good timing in order to be successful in their lives; a minute wasted could make a difference in someone's life. If I found myself unable to appear in the right location at the right moment, I would become useless as an assassin. People come to us in order to make their lives better by getting rid of those who have wronged them; being unable to track down the target during their most vulnerable moments would make the Guild look terrible. We are one of the most punctual people in all of France."
If they had the opportunity to change any one thing about themselves, would they?
xxx"I would like to seem more approachable to other people; Sybil has often told me that I look like a mean person because of my apathetic expression and reluctance to converse with others. I would like to make people see me as a trustworthy person, but that is something unchangeable at the very moment. Otherwise, I am perfectly fine the way I am right now."
If they could only pick one, which would it be: money, power, love?
xxx"Power. It is what makes me capable of protecting those I care for. If I had had enough power back when I was a child, my family would still be alive and I would not be living thousands of miles away from my hometown. It is my own weakness that often leads other people into getting hurt on my behalf. I cannot change that without being powerful."
ichor.
Archivist
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Thirteen

Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:00 am

Any post/submission made after this will not count towards points. Make sure to participate in the August issue!