AS Afflatus: Issue Fourteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

memory.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

↪ ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ : ʟʏsᴀɴᴅʀᴇᴇ ᴀᴅᴀᴍᴀʀɪs

Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 am

x
              • 1. What is your character's name and how did they get it?
                Lys or Lysandree.

2. How do they feel about their name?
                It's a cool name, but believes that it doesn't really add or take away from who she is.

3. What items does your character keep next to their bedside?
                Always a weapon -- whether that's a dagger, or something much more detrimental.

4. What did your character want to be when they were younger? Are they doing that or working towards it? If not, why?
                She has always wanted to be a traveler, and in a way she is. When she was younger her dad would travel around a lot, and sometimes invited her and her brother to tag along. Eventually her brother left home to do some traveling of his own, and she hopes that one day they could be reunited again.

5. How does your character feel about family functions and events?
                They're a hassle -- if she cared about someone she would make more of an effort to visit them outside of reunions. It's only during surprised reunions where she'll get a reaction, and she also cares about certain people in her family more than others.

6. Does your character make friends easily?
                Just because she acts and talks friendly towards people doesn't mean that she wants to be friends. She's often skeptical about other people, and tries to avoid the random ones. Naturally, it also depends on what circumstances they're becoming friends under.

7. What was your character's first romantic encounter like?
                She hasn't had one, and if she has she has been oblivious to it.

8. How does your character display affection?
                Not very well. She'll either become more outgoing, or she'll become clumsy and awkward around even the people that she talks to everyday.

9. How does your character flirt with another?
                She usually focuses on more important matters, so she's never really flirted with another person

10. What is your character's least favorite food?
                Persimmons

11. Describe your character in three words and explain why you chose each.
                Adventurous - She's not afraid of having adventure in her life, and often strives not to stay in the same place for too long.
                Kind - She has always held a sense of kindness and protectiveness within her heart. She can also be quite talkative and open should she chose to trust the person that she's with, or if she's just happy in-general
                Skeptical - She will never trust anyone first hand, and often finds herself questioning everything that life is or isn't.

12. What is your character's greatest regret in life?
                Losing her best friend due to a stupid argument.

13. Does your character keep their promises?
                Yes, all the time.

14. What are some values your characters hold?
                Family first. Whatever happens, family will always come first. Always carry around a weapon, you never know when you might need it. Stay weary of people, but don't cut yourself off completely from social interactions. Assess a situation before acting, and don't stay hung up on the past for too long

15. Is your character a leader, follower, or lone wolf?
                A lone wolf, people are too much of a hassle most of the time.
rimbaud
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

[Character Interview #1] Rokshaneh Elmas

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:53 am

Image Image
Verse / Role Play; The Herd
    Her name is Rokshaneh Kehkashan Elmas. Her first name means crack of dawn in Persian and her middle name means galaxy in Arabic. She was given her first name by her grandmother who thought it was the perfect name for her since she was a sort of new hope for everyone. Her middle name was given by her dad who just thought it sounded pretty.

Rokshaneh is, truthfully, very attached to her name. She thinks her name is a part of her identity and the fact that it is a very rare name, made the attachment just stronger.

Rokshaneh only keeps her glasses at her bedside and a book that she would be reading at the time.

4. What did your character want to be when they were younger? Are they doing that or working towards it? If not, why?
    Rokshaneh wanted to be an archaeologist as a kid but abandoned that dream very young. She instead focused on music and writing growing up. Rokshaneh was not exactly sure what line she wanted to take but she does know she wants to be a rockstar, an author, a TV anchor, and a foreign policy analyst. Though, with the whole gang thing, the kind of future she wants seems hard to get. But, she still enjoys these things and does still work on her music.

She quite enjoyed them especially considering how colorful and cultural it is in Pakistan. Being away from her home has made her terribly homesick but she knows she can’t go home without finding Aaliyah.

She makes friends very easily, she is friendly, charismatic, and well-spoken so generally a lot of people do want to befriend her but she considers them acquaintances instead of friends. She is very picky about people she wants as friends.

Romantic encounters are something Rokshaneh doesn’t really think about. As a teen and even as a young adult, she would prefer running from these things. Feelings are not something she copes well with and is the department she truly struggles in.

Rokshaneh is quite tactile, so she is very affectionate with the people she chooses to be close to. She would sit on a person’s lap, dangle by their shoulders, wear their clothes, snuggle up to them, bite their nose, litter them with kisses, and just absentmindedly touch or poke them. Doesn’t matter even if the relationship is platonic or not. She doesn’t care either way.

Flirting and the art of seduction is something Rokshaneh learned to be the scammer. Usually she would take care of her appearance, use her voice to her advantage, be very physical, and get her point across. When it would not be just for her work, she prefers to have a more playful approach that is most of the time, just for jokes. It involves touching a person as she walks by them, butt slaps, pinning against walls, inappropriate suggestions, and being very much in the person’s space.

She doesn’t like beetroot, bitter gourd, ridge gourd, and she cannot stand cooked animal organs and lamb very much.

A. unpredictable - Rokshaneh is someone who is capable of doing anything and you cannot pinpoint exactly how she can go because she thrives on reactions and surprising people.
    B. intelligent - the thing about her is that she was always pretty smart smart and analytical. Even as a child, she was a lot smarter than other kids her age and even older than her.
    C. free-spirited - Rokshaneh does not like being tied down or held back, freedom of thought and expression were something she always thought was necessary.

Not being able to help her best friend.

It depends on the promise, but she would prefer to keep them.

A. family and loved ones will always come first
    B. to follow her religion (even if she isn't vocal about it) as it lays emphasis on kindness to everyone and to observe and research
    C. to not discriminate against anyone unless they are harming someone and not stand for any of such sort of discrimination
    D. vegetarianism and eventually veganism is smart, healthy, ethical, protects the environment, and makes sense.
    E. to always try and make sense of everything and think before acting.
    F. To never do anything illogical, i.e drinking or smoking.
    G. To never harm anyone either physically, emotionally, or psychologically if she can help it.

Rokshaneh in her gang is a follower because it is smarter to not go against Daniel, and nor does she really want to. She could be a fine enough leader if she ever has to because of her analytical skills and able to see things from multiple perspectives that could lead to good strategies.
Last edited by rimbaud on Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
romanicide
Yellow Belt
House: Unsorted

AS Afflatus: Issue xiv • Vastiél Hook • the nephelym

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:06 pm

𝓥𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲é𝓵 𝓗𝓸𝓸𝓴
1. What is your character's name and how did they get it?
___Vastiél is full of his own name. He wears it like a crown upon his head that bares a crooked halo, signifying his dented grace. His father, Romiél the angel that fell for his mortal human mother gave him the suffix of his own name, introducing the prefix Vas for its root word of 'vast' which is a description of his power as a nephelym.
___Vastiél finds his name fitting for the price of swinging, a title he was given due to his gift of fancy footwork.
___An empty champagne or shot glass depending on his mood that previous night and what he may desire for his morning mouthwash.
___Vastiél didn't get to really choose what he wanted to be when he was younger. All the childish dreams he had in his youth were taken from him when he was drafted to be a solider at eight-teen for the second world war. He dosen't care to relive or speak of his time in battle. All he cares to do is dance away the shadows of his mind for temporary clarity.
___Vas doesn't participate in family events but rather luxurious social gatherings he becomes the center attention in. He has a terrible habit of stealing the spot light and entertaining others for the sake of making his imagine outshine his friends or rather, investors.
___He makes friends with a charming smile, investors with a roll of cash, and enemies faster than them all.
___Vas was a strapping young lad back in his youth and was a smooth cat when it came to impressing ladies. However, that persona is inferior to the charming brute he is now.
___Vastiél shows affection from the simplest adoring smile to a passionate series of kisses he delivers to his lovers lips. However, the affection is usually given for something in return whether it be fame, fortune, or an investment. Genuine affection is rarely exhibited by the angel.
___Vas is a conjurer of romance when he gets introduced to a fine lady. He is forward with compliments, heavily expressive with his eyes, and delicate with his touch all to bring the ladies into his arms. He's a gentlemen with a price.
___Sour grapes. Although, they're depicted to be the nectar of gods he finds them to be revolting.
___Charming, impulsive, and greedy. Vas has a charming facade he wear to impress his social group and luxurious standards for the fact it makes him look appealing. He's impulsive because of his habitual nature to take what he wants with a smile on his face, knowing it can get him anything he desires. Lastly, he'd greedy to fill the empty void that had developed in his sole since he'd returned home from war.
___Vas refuses to focus on his regrettable decisions along his long life. He is incredibly ignorant to his mistakes.
___No, only if they're in favorable to him will he keep any promise.
___Vastiél was once a genuine man who held values accustomed to his parents teachings. Now, he's a sinful brute who only upholds luxurious accounts and values that better his image and fatten his pocket.
___Vastiél considers himself to be a leader under his own domain. Though, the truth is that he's just a popular icon following the crowd he believes he's leading.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Character Interview 1 - Xavier Woods

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:51 pm

FC: Liam Hemsworth

"Well my full name is Xavier Henry Woods. Not sure why my parents named me that. My name means 'new house' or 'bright' depending on which area you want to take it from. I'd like to think that I lived up well to that name. My new house is the gang family and I like to think that I'm pretty bright. Especially in the eyes of Melody and Andrew."

"It's a good name. Serena used my middle name for Andrew's middle name, so it's nice to have the legacy continue on."

"My bedside? Not much really. My phone is usually there in case anyone has to get in contact with me. A lamp is there, an alarm clock, oh and the baby monitor."

"I didn't really have ambitions like a normal child. I didn't have a normal childhood. But as I grew up, I learned that my passion was really into architecture and I enjoyed fashion shows. So that was part of the reason I opened up the chain of clothing stores. I'm not really working towards anything. I enjoy what I do in life and I don't need much more than that."

"Which family? I'm kidding. It's nice to have holidays with everyone, even if it is the smaller family. Of course Serena always jokes with me. The smaller family is Dan, Brandon, Gavin, Sam, Matt, Jason, Cece, Zach, Alex, and Matt. Normally we all get together for holidays and the children's birthdays. I can only imagine what Andrew's first birthday will be like. But needless to say, I enjoy being around family."

"Depends if I want you to be my friend. I'm intimidating, as my wife likes to point out often enough, but if you are trusted then we can become friends easily."

"Alright. You are asking pretty deep questions. I haven't even told my wife Serena about my first romantic encounter. I had to be thirteen or fourteen. I was working with the gang at this point, doing some runs here and there. And there was this adorable blonde female that we came across time and time again. She was from the other gang. You know, that's a big no no. We snuck away a few times, she was technically my first kiss. Then the rival gang ended up leaving the town. Never saw her again. I know her name was Yvette though."

"Easily. I love to cuddle, especially with Serena. Melody is always clinging to me, and I'm sure once Andrew is old enough he will as well. I love to show my affection through the limited amount of cooking I have learned from Serena. I enjoy making her breakfast in bed and things like that. Watching movies together, taking her out on dates, and spoiling her and my two children."

"How do I flirt? Um I guess normally? I don't really need to flirt much anymore. I mean, I'm pretty...suggestive when Serena and I have some conversations. I guess my winning smile really does it."

"I haven't really come across a lot of things that I didn't like. I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to food. But if I had to pick one thing, it would be caviar. I do not understand how people can eat that crap."

"Loving, reliable, and leader. I think that those would be the three words everyone would use. Loving because of how much I care for everyone within my group. We are large, but I know all their names and I take the time to make sure they are okay. Reliable because anyone can come to me and I will get the job done. Then leader because I'm the leader of my group and I think people can just recognize that I'm a person people will follow."

"Not getting to Serena soon enough. She doesn't tell me much about her past, especially those few years she was working for Steve against her will, but I regret not seeing the signs earlier and being able to help her. I know she doesn't like to think that I took pity on her, and in reality I didn't. I helped show her a way that she could be. That other girl was always inside of her. But I wish I would have gotten her out of that situation quicker."

"Yes. There was really only one time that I didn't, and I regret that day. Serena was pissed at me for over a week. I've learned my lesson."

"Honesty first off. I also love when people are hard working."

"Leader. Kind of comes with the territory of leading my own gang. Although when Serena turns into her Sparrow, then I'm a follower more often than not."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Snow [] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Jerome []
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rimbaud
Bronze Belt

[Character Interview #2] Cyrus Porter

Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:21 am

Image Image
Verse; Marvel - Role Play; The New Mutants
    His name is Cyrus Zane Porter. He was named by his mother who thought that the name sounded perfect for him and fit the image of the person she wanted to see her son grow into.

Cyrus really doesn’t care much about his name. It really doesn’t add or subtract anything from him. Besides, he doesn’t give a lot of thought to these things.

Just his phone and car keys.

Cyrus always wanted to work with cars, they are his biggest passion. He is an illegal car racer but he wants to be a professional racer or at least a mechanic. He spends 80% of his time with cars and he can’t imagine doing anything that doesn’t involve cars.

Family functions and events were always hard for them. His father made anything that involved him just horrible for him and his brothers.

Cyrus isn’t a very friendly person nor does he go out of his way to make friends. Usually people just stick around him and if he lets them hang around, then they are technically a friend. That was how he got his best friends.

He was only ten years old when one of his childhood friends, a blonde haired girl with the prettiest blue eyes, named Clarissa, gave him a kiss on the cheek and told him she had a crush on him. They still continued to be friends but nothing advanced.

Usually, he showcases it with eyerolls and sarcasm. He’d act as if it is a bother but he’d take care of them and be protective. There are, however, rare occurrences where Cyrus does show physical affection. Usually it is by cupping the person’s face and playing with their hair or just snuggling up to the person.

Flirting is something that comes naturally for Cyrus. Usually, it’s his smile or his deep green that do the trick but he can smooth talk his way into a person’s heart easily.

There is no food on earth that Cyrus can’t or won’t eat. Even if he doesn’t like it, he’ll eat it. But he doesn’t like bitter vegetables very much.

A. reserved - Cyrus doesn’t like sharing his emotions or how he feels because it makes him feel weaker. He often doesn’t accept his emotions to himself either.
    B. brave - Cyrus lives on the thrill of the moment and this makes him fearless in the head. He can jump into anything without an ounce of fear holding him back.
    C. protective - he is the kind of person to take you under his wing. The most prominent way he shows his love or adoration is by being protective.

His biggest regrets in life bleed into one another: bullying other kids and letting his twin Danish get harmed by their father and other kids. Even though, he had started protecting his twin when he was old enough to understand many things

Cyrus would always keep a promise.

A. To protect everyone he loves even beyond what he is capable of
    B. To never stand for anyone getting harmed in any manner whatsoever
    C. To fight for those who can’t fight for themselves

Cyrus comes under either leader or lone wolf but he can follow if he thinks the leader is capable.
howl
Brown Belt

character interview -- warren maxwell

Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:42 pm

Image Image
──────────────────────────────
"So collect your courage and collect your horse, and pray you never feel this same kind of remorse."
──────────────────────────────

"I don't know, honestly. I never thought to ask before my parents passed away. Now, I only wish I knew." Warren has a distant look in his eyes as he answers, as though he's unhappy with it. "I guess I'll never know."

"It's a name, who cares? As long as no one knows who I am, I'm good. As soon as the knights and the guards know to watch out for one Warren Maxwell I'll have to start going by something else."

"A knife, of course. Doesn't everyone sleep with a blade?"

"I wanted to raise horses when I was a kid. Start a farm, maybe train horses for the knights, that sort of thing. It's funny, I haven't thought about that in years-- I guess I've been busy. I would still do it if I had the chance, but after the number of years I've spent running from the law? Not a chance. I'll be a thief until the day I die."

Warren has no family. If he did, he's love family events.

Warren scoffs at this question. "If you make friends easily it's only a matter of times before you're duped and you end up in a ditch with a knife in your back. It's a sign of being an idiot, not good social skills. So no. I take pride in having as few friends as possible, and only keep those I know I can trust."

Warren is in his first real relationship now with his boyfriend, Hunter. Due to his need for secrecy in his life and his struggle to trust or open up to anyone, he never thought he'd find anyone, until he met Hunter, a smuggler. He's the only person who has managed to get Warren out of his shell aside from Warren's adopted brother, Troy. While their relationship moves slowly due to Warren's struggles, Hunter is always patient, always careful. It's one of the things Warren loves most about him. Their first romantic encounter happened after they had met a number of times for business deals, as they decided to go drinking together to celebrate the completion of a particularly tough job. After two beers too many, Hunter let slip his interest in Warren. It all spiraled from there.

Warren prefers some level of physical affection, though he is careful about it, never wanting to draw attention to himself, as is his habit.

If he stop plotting your death that's basically flirting.

"It's food. When I was starving on the street, do you think I gave a crap about what little I had to eat? I was just happy to get it. Pickiness is a sign of entitlement."

Sly. Like the sly fox of a children's storybook, Warren is always a few steps ahead of everyone around him. He fears that if he isn't or should he let anyone catch up, he'll end up betrayed, hurt, or stolen from.
      Independent. If Warren hadn't been able to stand on his own two feet every single day since his parents' deaths, he would have succumbed to the world around him. It is the trait he values most about himself, though he has recently started to see that complete independence is not the only way to live.
      Tenacious. While Warren's tenacity can often spiral into stubbornness, it is his tenacity that has kept him alive this long. Always working, always training, he has kept himself alive by his willpower.

"I know I was just a kid, but I wish I had stood against the guards that killed my parents. Not only did I only run, I didn't even catch their faces. I can't take revenge because I don't know how they are. I wish I could."

"If you're dumb enough to think I'll keep a promise I won't feel bad when I betray you."

"I value tenacity most of all. If you're first instinct is to roll over and give up, you'll never make it in this world. I also value level-headedness. Though I have been accused of being cocky myself, people who really think that they're the center of the world will find it crashing down around them."

"A lone wolf. No question there."

Deer
Overseer

Character Interview

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Character Interview: Serena Woods
“My full name is Serena Alice Woods-Jones. I got my name from my parents. My mother named me. My first last name I got from my husband. It was a sort of in the marriage package.”
“Actually, I love my name. Serena means calm, and I think it really fits me. Tyler often said that Serena sounds similar to Siren, something he thinks I am because of my red hair and how I can move my way around people. ”
“I have my phone, my drawing journal and a nightlight. I used to have the baby phone too but Xavier confiscated it and it is now on his side of the bed.”
“When I was younger I wanted to be an artist. I sort of let that dream sail because I know it is unable for me to achieve. I have a family to take care of, and I need to help out Xavier in the store. By now it is just a hobby. To be completely honest: it hurts at times to give up on that dream. But seeing as how lucky I have already been: I wouldn’t exchange anything in my life to get to follow that dream. I’m perfectly happy.”
“I actually love family events. Ever since I married Xavier I feel like I belong somewhere again. I haven’t really had a real family for so long, and I enjoy every single event we have. I think I might drive the others nuts at times with my enthusiasm.”
“I don’t really make friends that quickly. I am way too cautious about someone’s intentions. However, the people Xav trusted, I trusted quite quickly as well. But from strangers to friends without any mutual acquaintance… I’m not good at that.”
“My first romantic encounter? Actually, it was quite late in my life. I think I was nineteen. I haven’t really ever told anyone about it, and if Xavier hears this he will probably be surprised seeing as what I told him before. My first ever kiss was with Brandon. We had been out for a job and somehow it had escalated. I almost lost him, and I was so relieved when he turned out to be alright that we just… kissed. ”
“I tend to be rather cuddly and clingy. I can wrap myself easily around my brothers, daughter or husband. I love cuddles and it is definitely a way to show I love them. Oh, and cooking. I show affection through that as well.”
“Flirt? I’m terrible at flirting. I get all red and shy and start to stammer. Honestly, I have no clue how I manage it to find the courage to flirt with my husband at times. Must have something to do with that ring around my finger.”
“My least favorite food has to be white rice with sugar. It is something I tended to eat because it was cheap, but I always hated it.”
“I’m creative, because I always express myself through art. Any big thing happening in my life gets portrayed on a canvas. I’m considerate, because I always take other people into account when deciding upon something -- some may call it selfless instead. Last but not least, I’m nurturing. I want everyone to be alright and healthy in my life, and I love it to take care of people.”
“Letting Tyler back into my life after all those years. He has brought me nothing but pain. I’m uncertain if people realize how much I regret it. They probably think there must be worse regrets in my life.”
“I try to keep them at all times. I’m a woman of my word, only breaking promises if there isn’t any other way out.”
“Always be honest and sincere: answer questions to the truth and you will never have a heavy heart. Follow your intuition and try to not be held back by anyone else. Last but not least: don’t be afraid to love. ”
“I’m a follower, definitely. ”

Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Character Interview 2 - Gavin Free

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 pm

"Um, my parents. My name is Gavin Free. No middle name. My parents didn't have middle names and so I don't have one."

"It's a fine name. Wish Daniel would use it more often than calling me puppy."

"Not much. An alarm clock, occasionally a glass of water or alcohol. Now inside the bedside table is another story. That's kind of just for me and Daniel if you catch what I'm saying."

"I didn't really have big ambitions when I was younger. Being part of the gang I guess I just assumed I would do something in that. I actually enjoy my job as an assassin. So I guess I'm doing what I wanted all along."

"Xavier is always nice to include all of us. Ever since Melody was born, we are all over there more often than not. It's nice to have a family."

"Yes and no I suppose. I'm always cautious because of the occupation I'm in, but I'm also willing to get to know someone if they are worth my trust."

"Well do you want my first female romantic encounter or my first male one? Cause my first romantic encounter with a female was back when I was sixteen. It was kind of stupid, we were both drunk. But apparently she was a little more drunk than I was. We made out, went to have sex, and I realized that I just didn't like it. I guess after that I always found myself more attracted to males and being a submissive rather than dominate if that makes sense. My first time with a guy was actually a year later. Again same situation, although we were both sober enough to realize it was our first time for both of us. The dick ended up leaving for someone else a month after that."

"I guess pretty easily. You could always ask Daniel. I think I'm more of a person who would like physical attention like cuddling. But I'm willing to take control with him. He seems to like it anyway."

"Suggestive conversations mostly. A drink or three doesn't hurt either."

"I don't care for walleye. For some reason that fish to me is disgusting."

"Loyal because once you gain my trust I'll follow you to the ends of the earth. Creative because I've been told I'm a wiz in the kitchen, but still not as good as Serena. Then badass because I'm the assassin. I sort of have to be."

"Almost breaking up with Dan. After his motorcycle crash, I almost thought that he didn't want to be with me anymore. How wrong I was."

"Of course. Why, don't you?"

"Just don't bullshit around with me. Don't play games, just get right to the point. Unless you are Daniel, then he can play all the games he would like."

"All I suppose. I follow my fearless leader Xavier and his lovely wife Serena. I can be a leader of my own group of people for a mission or be a leader in the bedroom with Daniel. Then I'm also a lone wolf because there are plenty of jobs that I would rather do by myself."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [][∞]
Snow [] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Jerome []
Errickon [] Momo []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Deer
Overseer

Character Interview - Daniel Black

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Character Interview: Daniel Black
“My full name is Daniel William Black. I got the surname from my adoptive parents. My name has been given to me by my actual parents. ”

“I loathe it when people use my full name. I hate it when people call me Daniel, as it reminds me of the person my parents wanted me to be instead of the person I was. I shortened it to Dan a long while ago and can get really cringy if people call me Daniel. Daniel is dead. I’m trying to get that in Gavin’s head but he doesn’t seem to give up on it.”

“A bottle of Jack Daniels and my phone. At times I keep a weapon or some cocaine next to my bed. Or a walkie talkie if I don’t trust Brandon’s whereabouts. That dick gets himself hurt every now and then.”

“I always wanted to be a bodyguard. Protecting people is in my blood. Now, I am a sort of bodyguard but not really, I guess.”

“I hate family get togethers. The only reason why I am there is for Serena. I sort of owe it to her after being a dick for so many years.”

“I’m good at making friends for a night, so to say. ”

“I never really did romance. I rolled into the world of entertainment at a young age and ever since it has been just that for me: entertainment. I have never really felt romance. There have been a few times where I felt attracted to someone for more than a few nights, but I guess Gavin is the first who sees the ‘romantic’ side of me.”

“With Serena: through cuddles. With Gavin through some rougher measures. I like to bite him or just take him roughly.”

“Lots of winks, lot of pick-up lines, lot of booze. All you need.”

“Cauliflower and brussel sprouts… yuck.”

“Egocentric - I’ll always put myself first. You have to, in this world. Protective - Contradicting, I know, but I can be really protective about the people I care about. Cooperative - I can work together with another gang and not be tempted to kill them. That’s a good thing.”

“Letting it come to the point where Steve almost killed my sister.”

“Rarely.”

“Don’t fuck with my sister. Unless your name is Xavier Woods… But even then, don’t tell me you fucked my sister because that is just gross.”

“Definitely a leader. Even if I am supposed to be a follower, I still try to lead. You can ask Gavin if you want.”
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 pm

Image Image
            • What is your character's name and how did they get it?
              "My name is Lancelot Powell, though many people refer to me as simply 'Lance'. The name came from my adoptive family; they couldn't decide on a middle name, however, thus I was left with only one. My biological parents had the surname of 'Sanders'; in the end, I chose not to change anything, even when I found out that my name should actually be 'Lancelot Sanders'."

How do they feel about their name?
              "It's a British name and I think it fits me well. There's no hidden meaning to it, at least, not as far as I know. One could always think of the word 'lance', which is something akin to a medieval spear; given my training, I consider myself a weapon."

What items does your character keep next to their bedside?
              "A knife, preferably. I was never good at quickly reacting with a gun if someone woke me up; my aim isn't bad, but sleep makes any shooting lousy. Everyone thinks it's weird how I can defend myself with a knife better than with a rifle, which is my primary choice of a weapon. Apart from that, I often like to keep my phone where I can reach it quickly and an old bracelet I got from my mother. It's a purely sentimental item, but I like to keep it close. Losing it would certainly make me distressed for a bit."

What did your character want to be when they were younger? Are they doing that or working towards it? If not, why?
              "I wanted to become a doctor. I was a bright kid in school and most of the teachers usually said that I could achieve this dream with enough passion. However, due to some unlucky circumstances, I was forced to live in the street and abandon this dream of mine in exchange of becoming a thief for an illegal gang. Instead of saving lives, I'm usually ending them with a gun."

How does your character feel about family functions and events?
              "I don't really consider myself to be 'family-orientated'. My adoptive parents were nice people, at least, until they found out that I was homosexual; after that, I lost all contact with them. Now, my true parents weren't exactly the right people to make me rethink some values and begin treasuring the people close to me. I love this odd family that I have now, but I can't imagine us spending time together and doing nothing; there has been enough tragedy for us to ever settle down and live happily. So, not really."

Does your character make friends easily?
              "Most people avoid me like the plague. I'm not actually a talkative person and I hate sharing private information about myself; this character trait seems to scare everyone away from me. People want their friends to open up immediately and I can't do that with a total stranger. I'm prone to experiencing social anxiety when others approach me and people don't see it as friendliness."

What was your character's first romantic encounter like?
              "I haven't really experienced romance. My first boyfriend was a drug addict, who lived on the streets like me. The others weren't too far off. My current partner is soulmate is much better than all of them combined, but we're not exactly very romantic."

How does your character display affection?
              "I don't perceive sex as the greatest way to show affection. I prefer to let my partner know that I care about them with simple gestures like touching or just offering my support when they need me. My sister often jokes that I've become more feminine since I've begun dating Daniel, but it has been like that for me ever since I can recall; anyone can pin someone to the ground and ravage their body, but showing that you truly love them is more than that. Love has quickly become overly simplified nowadays."

How does your character flirt with another?
              "I'm not exactly flirty. My bluntness usually destroys any chances of me being flirtatious with someone else; my parents weren't exactly the best examples when it came to showing their interest in one another. Though, some of my past partners were always keen on letting me know that my eyes had been what drew them in. I guess the unusual colour is better than my poor flirting."

What is your character's least favourite food?
              "Peanuts. And not because I don't like them; I've just recently found out that I'm allergic to them. Especially cashews; bummer."

Describe your character in three words and explain why you chose each.
              "Quiet - I don't speak much and prefer to listen when it comes to meeting other people or just evaluating my surroundings. It's just a character trait I picked up while living on the streets. Competitive - I never back down from a challenge, no matter how stupid it is. My dignity and pride don't allow me to bow down and obey anyone without challenging them at least once. People have to earn my respect; they're not getting anything because of their rank. Patient - I don't mind waiting for others to learn or trust me; everything needs a little bit of time. I'm not the fastest person out there myself, so it'd be unfair to treat people differently."

What is your character's greatest regret in life?
              "I didn't pursue my roots when I got the chance to; if I had been a bit more curious back in the day, I would have found out that I had a twin brother and that the girl I had thought to be my cousin was actually my younger sister. And that our parents were selfish and uncaring assholes, who abandoned their family as soon as they found it too difficult to handle. That is my biggest regret."

Does your character keep their promises?
              "Always. I tend not to promise anything if I'm not certain that I can keep true to my word. I guess I don't really give out promises."

What are some values your characters hold?
              "I value loyalty. There's nothing more upsetting than being betrayed by the one person you could trust with anything. I also like patient people more than easily irritated ones; getting overworked because of small mistakes is something that drives me to the edge and while I hate raising my voice, it's usually unavoidable if someone is panicking because of a fairly trivial issue. "

Is your character a leader, follower, or lone wolf?
              "A lone wolf. I don't work well with other people and we often end up bickering instead of doing our actual jobs. I'm not experienced enough to be an actual leader and working on my own is more profitable than obeying someone else. I do like being in the gang, but I prefer to be let loose and do something that doesn't require having someone else breathing down my neck."