AS Afflatus: Issue Fifteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

amnesia.
Black Belt

- character interview ❝ aewin

Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:27 pm

• 1. Where does your character feel most at home?
            definitely somewhere within nature, being around human establishments makes him feel extremely ill at ease. aside from holding a mild interest in the food they're able to create he tends to stay away from most things pertaining to humanity, instead living the majority of his life within forests
            2. What's your character's biggest regret? Are they willing to admit it?
            over the course of his long life there have been a great many things aewin has come to regret, though being the prideful being that he is it is very rare that he will admit his regrets even to himself, let alone out loud and to someone else
            3. What is one value your character holds that they will never break?
            his pride. aewin holds his pride in very high regard, over the years practically becoming the living embodiment of the saying 'cut off your nose to spite your face'. he will avoid asking for help even in more dire situations, help will have to be pushed on him for him to actually accept it, and even then he would still hold a great amount of resentment towards himself for it
            4. If your character had to lose one of their five senses, which would it be? Why?
            it would probably be touch, he relies heavily on his senses of sight, sound and scent in order to keep himself out of harm's way, and through taste he's able to differentiate between poisonous or non poisonous plants, so if he was made to choose then it would likely be touch
            5. What is your character's guilty pleasure?
            even with his dislike of being around humans and their trivialities if he had to choose then it would probably be a tie between iced tea -specifically raspberry or mango flavoured- and his one true love of gucci clothing. not that he could afford the latter, but he does love the look of it
            6. How does your character like to celebrate their birthday?
            he doesn't - being over a thousand years old now he's long since lost the ability to be excited over something as trivial as the date of his birth. if he's feeling nostalgic then he'll perhaps do a little something to pamper himself, but for the most part he doesn't hold his birthday in much regard
            7. Has your character made a big sacrifice? If so, what is it?
            no, he's not the type to put himself out for others very often, and when he does it is rarely something that would be considered a large sacrifice
            8. How does your character clear their head when they are upset?
            it's quite rare for him to get upset, even rarer that he'll actually display it. if he's unable to seclude himself then there's the high chance he'll become increasingly more volatile, needing to be left on his own for a couple of hours at the very least in order to calm down and clear his head
            9. What is your character's best subject? Worst subject?
            his best subject without a shadow of a doubt would be herbology- having lived near the entirety of his life within forests he's well versed with plant life. as for his weakest subject it would most definitely be ict, he's next to useless when it comes to technology and prefers not to use it if he doesn't have to
            10. Does your character make friends easily?
            somewhat? he can come across as quite aloof or up himself when first meeting him, notably guarded around other people- most particularly humans. he prefers not to involve himself within their lives due to their shorter life span, but with other inhuman creatures he can be quite personable
            11. What’s the most important memory your character has?
            due to having so many aewin would find that difficult to answer. on a practical level he would say that any memory that taught him a lesson would be important, but on an emotional level it would have to be learning archery with his father as a child
            12. How does your character display affection?
            very gingerly, he's not the most open of people to begin with so it's difficult for him to be able to express affection even towards those that he's comfortable with. for the most part it'll be the smaller things such as letting himself relax and making a few jokes, and on occasion even hugging
            13. If your character had one day to live how would they spend it?
            he'd probably spend it with the few people he considers himself to be close with, the majority of his family have long since passed and those that remain alive he lost contact with a long time ago
            14. What makes your character truly happy?
            probably watching the sun rise and set, when you get down to the bare basics he's quite a simple creature and is happy with the smaller things in life
            15. What is your character’s favorite quote and why?
            "time is our most precious treasure because it is limited. we can produce more wealth, but we cannot produce more time" - alexander the great. in his younger years he valued material possessions above nearly everything else, yet as he began to age, as he watched the lives of others end before him, he began to realise that time was a far more important thing than any amount of wealth or fineries, and after reading that quote he felt as though he reached a certain level of understanding within himself
sylver
Green Belt
House: Halcyon

Which OC Would / Activity

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:18 pm

◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
◖██┇
      • 1. Which OC would accidentally get married?
        Dacre, definitely. He'd just roll with it too, no freaking out, or "I didn't actually want this, can we annul this marriage?" from his side tbh. Unless his "accidental partner" wanted it, of course.

2. Which OC is a picky eater?
        Desiderius. If he had to pick between eating food he doesn't like and not eating at all, he'd most likely choose to not eat at all. Unless he's starving, but that's an entirely different story.

3. Which OC would get stuck up in a tree?
        Eden. Watch him climb up in a tree to look at baby birds or something, just to need help to get back down.

4. Which OC has same-sex parents?
        Surprisingly enough, I don't think I actually have any characters with same sex parents? The closest thing to having same-sex parents would probably be Azad, since his mother had a female lover who moved in after his father's death. But that was also when he left home (not because of his mom and her lover though), so he never really grew up with same-sex parents?

5. Which OC uses a lot of emojis when they text?
        Fiore. If he doesn't spam hearts and tongue/eggplant/raindrop emojis, it's probably not him chatting tbh.

6. Which OC fears big dogs?
        Eden. He loves animals a lot, but if a large dog was to run/bark at him, he'd probably be a bit scared.

7. Which OC would collect seashells from the beach?
        It's a tie between Eden, again, and Mirabelle. Both would spend at least an hour collecting the prettiest ones.

8. Which OC had braces in high school?
        I'd like to think that a modern Rukiye would have had braces,

9. Which OC says they're not scared of horror movies, but jumps at every jump scare?
        Fannar. "I'm not scared," he probably says, while clinging to his boyfriend.

10. Which OC isn't scared of jump scares?
        Desiderius. Only the weak TM are afraid of jump scares.

11. Which OC would trip over themselves trying to walk in heels?
        Mirabelle. Small heels are okay, but high heels of any sort would be absolute hell for her.

12. Which OC would eat pineapple on pizza?
        None of my OCs are such heathens. If he could eat human food, Alto probably would.

13. Which OC tries to stay out of trouble, but trouble always seems to find them?
        Calladin, to be honest. The poor man can't go anywhere without getting fucked over somehow.

14. Which OC can run in heels?
        Santino. Don't test him, he's fast.

15. Which OC would attract random animals?
        Once again, either Eden, or Mirabelle. Both of them just seem to attract animals.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Character Interview

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:10 pm

VERITY SIMMONS

Where does your character feel most at home?
                  "When I'm on my own, just me, myself, and I. Doesn't matter where I live."
                  What's your character's biggest regret? Are they willing to admit it?
                  "Getting into the trouble I did as a kid. Now I'm an addict and a criminal."
                  What is one value your character holds that they will never break?
                  "Empathy. I'm probably the most empathetic person you'll ever meet."
                  If your character had to lose one of their five senses, which would it be? Why?
                  "Smell I guess. I could live without it."
                  What is your character's guilty pleasure?
                  "Narcotics of any kind. Haven't in years but I'm always itching to."
                  How does your character like to celebrate their birthday?
                  "Haven't celebrated it since I've been arrested. Used to be booze and drugs, but those days are gone now."
                  Has your character made a big sacrifice? If so, what is it?
                  "I wouldn't call my addiction a sacrifice but it fucked up my entire life, my family, and everything else I held dear."
                  How does your character clear their head when they are upset?
                  "Drawing or tattooing."
                  What is your character's best subject? Worst subject?
                  "I was great at English when I was in school. Dropped out though, never graduated high school."
                  Does your character make friends easily?
                  "I'm the easiest person to make friends with. Probably not a good thing for me, but a damn good thing for you."
                  What’s the most important memory your character has?
                  "Gram used to admire my drawings. I remember when I showed her my first portrait she was so proud of me and told me I'd do amazing things. Guess I disappointed you, huh Gram?"
                  How does your character display affection?
                  "I haven't been in a serious relationship in awhile so damned if I know.
                  If your character had one day to live how would they spend it?
                  "With the family I always wanted. I never got that. I guess with my Gram I did, so I'd spend it with her."
                  What makes your character truly happy?
                  "Drawing. I do love art and it's the best way I can express myself."
                  What is your character’s favorite quote and why?
                  " 'It is what it is' because it's how I get through life."
Gamora.
Black Belt

Activity

Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:20 pm

verity simmons -- nakia steele -- aubrey redmond
    • Which OC would accidentally get married?
      Likely Nakia. Her parents would choose her suitor and she'd end up being engaged without realizing it.
      Which OC is a picky eater?
      Verity. Good luck ever getting her to try anything wacky or new. She likes her plain ol carbs and meat. Veggies are gross.
      Which OC would get stuck up in a tree?
      Verity. She has 0 athletic ability unless you count running from the cops.
      Which OC has same-sex parents?
      None.
      Which OC uses a lot of emojis when they text?
      Verity. Only when she flirts though. A lot of sexual innuendos.
      Which OC fears big dogs?
      Aubrey. She was never fond of animals.
      Which OC would collect seashells from the beach?
      Nakia. She would make necklaces out of them for her mother and herself.
      Which OC had braces in high school?
      None.
      Which OC says they're not scared of horror movies, but jumps at every jump scare?
      Verity. Hands down.
      Which OC isn't scared of jump scares?
      Nakia. She's a fucking stone.
      Which OC would trip over themselves trying to walk in heels?
      Definitely Verity.
      Which OC would eat pineapple on pizza?
      Aubrey would be down to eat anything, she's not picky.
      Which OC tries to stay out of trouble, but trouble always seems to find them?
      Verity. Ever since she fucked up her life, trouble seems to find her.
      Which OC can run in heels?
      Probably Nakia because she's badass.
      Which OC would attract random animals?
      Definitely Nakia. She loves animals more than people.
Kael
Silver Belt

Activity

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 pm

xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵☵xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

• 1. Which OC would accidentally get married?
          Nathan. While he isn't one to get really drunk, he easily goes along with the flow and it wouldn't be surprising if he would actually say yes if someone would ask him to marry right on the spot.
          Dan. Even if he doesn't seem like it, there are times where he has a craving and only wants to eat what he craves.
          Serena. While she tries to be brave at times, the height of a tree could get overwhelming. Actually, Brandon has been in need of getting her down once already.
          Nobody.
          Nathan. He uses his emoji keyboard more as his text keyboard at times.
          Darren. Not as much of a fear but he can get uncomfortable if a big dog is growling at him.
          Nathan and Serena. Both of them are cuties who love the beauty of nature at times.
          Darren. Eh, he only got better out of it.
          9. Which OC says they're not scared of horror movies, but jumps at every jump scare?
          Nathan. He tries to be all tough but actually he is a softie.
          Brandon. He has seen too much to be scared of jump scares.
          Brandon, Nathan, Aiden, Dan and Darren. They are guys. No reason for them to be able to walk on high heels, so they obviously suck at it.
          Aiden. The guy likes pretty much most food.
          13. Which OC tries to stay out of trouble, but trouble always seems to find them?
          Brandon. He tries to stay out of almost getting killed but somehow he always ends up in the crossfire.
          Serena. Not for too complicated things, but she can sprint a little bit in heels -- if they aren't too high.
          Nathan. He is always willing to help whoever is injured, no matter what.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 15 - Character Interview 1

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:49 am

[based off a fox from a comic, but he’s tan and a boy, not blonde. He’s also like thirteen or fourteen now, she looked 6...]
Jiu
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... ?t=3909989

1. Where does your character feel most at home?
At his home, with Jess, or in the woods, seeing as he is a fox.

He hasn’t had one yet.

Family comes first (and Jess is part of his family).

4. If your character had to lose one of their five senses, which would it be? Why?
Sight, because he trusts Shen and Jess to guide him around.

Um...he’s still a middle schooler? so nothing, unless you count tons of sugar, but he actually learned his lesson there (ate too much once).

With Shen and Jess, with a vanilla cake and presents from them.

Not yet, but he definitely would for Jess.

He thinks of Jess, or runs through the woods.

He was home schooled for awhile, because of Shen’s worry he’d accidentally transform, but he goes to school now. Gym, because he’s athletic. His worst is math...he’s smart, but some of those things, man...

Absolutely, he’s just so friendly and playful.

Being picked up by Shen, or finding Jess (she was in cat form, breathing but out like a light, and he brought her home, begging Shen to keep her).

Like a fox (nuzzling, rubbing, pouncing, cuddles), though he now knows how to kiss on the cheek, and hug.

With Shen and Jess, doing as much things and having as much fun as possible.

Shen and Jess, anyone reading should see by now (with how much they’re mentioned).

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”- Lao Tzu; He’s loved by Shen and Jess, and it makes him feel strong and needed, while he has found he deeply loves Jess, and it gives him courage to protect her with.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 15 Character Interview 2

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:50 am

Jess
https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... ?t=3909989

1. Where does your character feel most at home?
At home, with Shen and Jiu.

She hasn’t had one yet.

Family comes first.

None of them...at least not yet. She’s just too jumpy to lose her sight, she’d go crazy not being able to hear their voices, she’d be sad not being able to taste her favorite foods or smell, and she’d go crazy not being able to feel the touch of the loved ones. Though, I suppose if people would speak before starting to approach, then maybe sight.

Um...she’s twelve, so nothing (yet), unless you count fast food, but they only get that once in awhile, and she doesn’t feel guilty.

With Shen and Jiu, eating ice cream and getting presents from them.

Nope.

She runs off to her secret space and just daydreams, or writes and ends up forgetting what upset her.

She’s homeschooled right now, as Shen is a professor and can teach her, but she despises math...(lol)

No, because she’s shy, but Jiu drags her around with him after school, so a few kids have befriended her (they’d made it their mission, and succeeded).

Being found by Jiu and told by Shen that she could stay.

Rubbing on hands, nuzzling, cuddling, kiss on the cheek and hugs.

Same as Jiu, with him and Shen and having as much fun as possible.

Being with Shen and Jiu, always.

“Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.”- Aristotle; she’s beginning to figure out she loves Jiu, and thinks the quote is also romantic (she believes in soul mates).
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 15 Prompt

Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:53 am

You're a dragon who enjoys living a peaceful life away from humans when one day, a princess shows up asking you to "kidnap" her so she doesn't have to get married.

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... lit=dragon

Asmodus growled softly, more like a purr actually, the dark dragon flexing his wings then stretching them. He rubbed a ‘paw’ over his eyes and snout, shaking his head then his entire body. He trotted on towards his favorite rocks for sunning, not expecting to run into a pretty strawberry blonde there...Her waves shone like jewel under the sun’s light, causing him to take pause a moment and just stare. He let out a low sound, seeming to startle her as she twitched and whipped her head around. He was worried she’d injured her neck, but she spoke and seemed unharmed. The dragon let out an amused snort, tilting his head when the girl said “Um...Mr. Dragon...Sorry if I’ve assumed your gender! Would you, um...be so kind as to kidnap me?”

What the heck? Not expecting her to be able to understand him, he spoke anyhow. ‘And just why would I do that?’ He was surprised when she responded, saying “My parents are forcing me to get married! I’m a princess, you know...I don’t even know the guy!” she huffed. ‘And what will you do if someone attacks me? How will you compensate?’ Asmodus huffed. “Oh, we aren’t staying here...Fly me away to that little village in the hills. My hawk, Frieda, is with me. I’ll just send a message. They’ll have no idea where we are.” she said. ‘The village of dragon riders? What’s your name, anyhow?’ Asmodus asked. The golden-redhead nodded at the dragon, then said “Kaiya...My name is Kaiya, princess Kaiya.” Asmodus nodded at the human, beginning to realize just how pretty she was, and nudged her to climb on his back.

They walked awhile, well he did, and coming upon the village were greeted by a horse and rider. The brownish eyed black horse snorted at the dragon, scenting the air, then shook her head and neck. The man onboard chuckled, saying “My name is Otis, and this here is Klarise.” Both dragon and girl nodded, and were led into the village. When the letter arrived to the king and queen days later, they were considerably angry, but couldn’t really do anything about it. And Asmodus and Kaiya? Well, the dragon discovered his shifting ability, and the girl and dragon boy fell in love.

378 words
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

AS Afflatus 15 - Activity

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:38 am

Qwin/ Jessica and Jessika (panty & stocking)/ Fleur and Jasell (under pic)/ Bluu and Chan/ dragon man (needs human ref/ Jessa

1. Which OC would accidentally get married?
None of them, actually, unless someone managed to trick one of them into it.

Aha, none of them...Chan and Bluu are especially not, as they woke up hungry and alone in a box, and so quite like their food.

Jasell, as she’s a cat but has a super long body...Also, she’s scared of heights, but would chase a prey up a tree, then realize how high up she was.

Fleur had humans that were a same sex couple; Jessa was with a same-sex pair of dogs for awhile, but her birth parents are male and female.

None of them, really. Jessika might use an emoji once in awhile, but not a ton of them.

Jessa: she had a terrible experience that involved a mastiff mix trying to get her to be his, and when she rejected him, well...

Probably Chan, though Bluu might help. Chan loves things from the beach.

Qwin may have...haven’t really decided much for him, except he’s a gamer and a ‘geek’, and loves anime.

Jessika does on purpose, but Pan (genderbend Panty) and Stocking (i need a real name for him...) are always there for her.

Dragon king, he’s a flippin dragon...he’d probably attack the tv or computer, though, seeing the fake char as a threat.

Probably Qwin, because he’s never worn them before, but he’d sure like to try someday.

Maybe dragon king, but he’s never actually had pineapple; or pizza...

Dragon king, because he’s a dragon and also basically royalty. People are always after him...

None of them have ever worn heels...

Jessica or Jessika, because animals just seem to know they’re sweet and gentle souls.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Image Image
            • Where does your character feel most at home?
              No matter what she believes, Vanessa feels the best when she's in her family's old home. Having spent a big part of her life in Japan, she misses being surrounded by happy memories of her parents and older sister. While the base she and her gang have established in the very heart of Tokyo is welcoming and comfortable, Vanessa loves daydreaming how life would be if her family was still together. It gives her hope.

What's your character's biggest regret? Are they willing to admit it?
              She hates feeling useless and weak. Vanessa can freely admit to herself that she has made some questionable decisions over the years, but she will never agree to that in front of those below her. The woman's biggest regret is expecting too much from the people looking up to her and sending them to their deaths in a failed heist. Even if the families of the victims have already forgiven her, she constantly dreams about the friends she had lost because of her arrogance and pride. Though, she will never say that aloud to anyone.

What is one value your character holds that they will never break?
              Respect and honesty. While it's not unusual for her to lie in order to get what she wants, Vanessa will always trust her men more if they choose to tell her the truth and nothing but that. She likes it when people look up to her and prefers to show her soft side whenever people come to her for advice or agree with her leadership over the gang. If someone is being disrespectful, she's quick to get violent with the unlucky person.

If your character had to lose one of their five senses, which would it be? Why?
              The sense of touch and feeling; she hates being able to feel pain and is quick to feel disgusted by something that is unsightly or weird when it comes to texture. She wouldn't mind losing this. At all.

What is your character's guilty pleasure?
              Vanessa likes being in control. In a way, she can be described as a mild dominatrix, who loves knowing that she has control over other people; making them perform silly activities in order to show their loyalty, as well as respect towards her, is what keeps her sane and happy. It's a publicly-known secret to many.

How does your character like to celebrate their birthday?
              She loves receiving gifts. Being the owner of quite a bit of money has spoiled Vanessa and she expects people to sell their own families if it makes them capable of surprising her. She wants to receive expensive gifts and throw big parties in order to celebrate her special day with the other gangsters.

Has your character made a big sacrifice? If so, what is it?
              Being a part of the Japanese yakuza, she has already sacrificed all of her chances of living a happy, simple life with a plain family in a world of safety and comfort. Her life is filled with danger and Vanessa wakes up every single day expecting an assassin to greet her. She must be very secretive and careful when contacting those dear to her in order to keep them safe; it feels as if she's stepping on a bed of nails when it comes to her daily life. And while she wouldn't want to have it any other way, Vanessa sometimes daydreams about being a simple housewife and having a family of her own in exchange of being known as a criminal.

How does your character clear their head when they are upset?
              She doesn't like to waste time for such trivial matters. If something upsets her, she will take it out on their prisoners or whoever steps in her way. Making people feel pain makes her mind feel emptier.

What is your character's best subject? Worst subject?
              She was perfect at anything related to social studies. Be it history or geography, she rarely ever got lower grades than anything perfect. On the other hand, Vanessa had difficulties with things related to logic or careful planning; she has always been quite spontaneous when it came to living her life and wanted to do things as she liked without thinking too much about it. Maths and physics were her personal hell.

Does your character make friends easily?
              'Friends' is the wrong word. She has a lot of subordinates and people who fear her or want to be useful to her; there is only a couple of friends, who Vanessa can trust without a doubt and would sacrifice her life for them. Though, she has a wide circle of useful acquaintances, who can keep her entertained for a bit.

What’s the most important memory your character has?
              The moment her older sister created a family in spite of being a part of the underground Chinese mafia; the woman had given birth to a pair of healthy boys, who had become Vanessa's own little miracles. Due to her being unable to create a family just yet, she has spent a lot of time and money pampering her nephews and making sure they grew up without knowing anything about their beloved aunt's blood-stained lifestyle.

How does your character display affection?
              In spite of her tough and seductive demeanour, she's a cuddler. Behind closed doors, Vanessa likes showing what she yearns for using her body, but will not shy away from being romantic or simply enjoying the closeness she would have with a stable partner. Unfortunately, most of the men and women allowed into her bed are simple one-night stands, who are allowed to enjoy her company for only a day and later get all of their memories wiped by the experienced, creative scientists working for her gang.

If your character had one day to live how would they spend it?
              She would fly over to China to spend her last moments with her closest relatives; they are her top priority and no one else would be allowed to see her on that day. Her sister is Vanessa's only family.

What makes your character truly happy?
              Succeeding in heists and making her fortune grow. Employing new people into their ranks is a close second; she likes to enjoy the little things, but money and comfort are the two main things which can make her feel overjoyed. No matter what, she prefers to have things which she can touch and feel, not experience.

What is your character’s favourite quote and why?
              "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown." - a quote from one of Shakespeare's plays, it symbolises her own life to Vanessa. Even if she is a proud and strong woman, who knows what she wants from life, she is still uneasy because of the responsibility for the people she has to look over. The quote just fits her too well.