AS Afflatus: Issue Sixteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Did you do the Afflatus Feedback form? You can find it in the Updates section!

Yes
78%
I'm doing it now
22%

Total votes: 18
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus: Issue Sixteen

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:34 am

Image x
If you are a new reader of the Afflatus, welcome! This magazine is meant to be interactive with our members, meaning submissions, suggestions, and nominations are encouraged! For each contribution to the Afflatus, points will be awarded to the house! Through this magazine, we aim to provide tips and inspiration as well as updates regarding the site. To make a submission, you can do so by using this form or even posting directly to the thread.

Submissions that are meant to be shown for the next issues are: Dear Stag, Featured Writing, & Anonymous Compliments/Critique.

Afflatus Contents: Title Post, Updates, Dear Stag, Writing & Life Tips, Character Interview & Prompt, Member Corner, Featured Writing, Adventure Story, Activity Center and Anonymous Compliments and Critique.

Current Staff/Team Members: Rakuen, Thunderofthedrum, Night Fury, Commander Shepard, Snow, Important, Ichor., Kami, Blue, Meraki, Cerise, Darkness, Caim. Here is our team page.
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Updates

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 am

Image x
Explicit Board Access: Just a reminder that the required age to get access to this area is 18 years of age and the people to contact are the Admin Aides. There is an announcement with more information which can be found here.

House Quiz/Sorting: For any House related questions, such as why you haven't received your result yet or why you are not able to post to your House thread/forum, please let the site archivist - ichor. - know so that she can get this resolved as soon as she's able to! Make sure that you are using the email that is associated with your account when doing the quiz. You can find this by going to your profile settings in the User Control Panel where you change your username and password. This is how we can match it to your account! If you find you haven't received a result, message ichor. and see if it could be an issue of an email address not matching! Keep in mind that messaging ichor. is temporary - we will have a designated Sorting Archivist soon!

House Forums: This month we implemented the house forums! Now each house has a special forum for each of their threads. We're very excited for this because it'll keep things more organized and easier to access for everyone within the house. Definitely check out the new announcement for more information on this and how access is given!

Site Theme Contest Results: All of the themes that we got were amazing but our two winners were quantisma's twilight sky theme and NeverNever's dark blue and grey theme! Go check out the thread to see what they submitted.

100 Days of Summer: 100 DoS is now officially over! Congrats to Halcyon for getting the highest point total! The final tallies were: Halcyon - 543, Sagacitas - 393, Vipera - 315 and Amaranthine - 239

Upcoming Events: Now that the 100 DoS event is over, the month of October will be a time to relax! Keep in mind that November is the NaNoWriMo event, so use this time to think and plan out your idea if you want to participate! More information regarding this event will be posted later on this month, so keep an eye out for an announcement! To find the rest of the schedule, check this out.

Staff Openings: We currently have a couple of staff spots opening up! We are looking for a Sorting Archivist, an Attendant, a Keeper, and an Overseer. The Keeper would coincide with one of the other positions. Check out the announcement here to find out more and apply!

Afflatus Feedback: There is a poll for the Afflatus to take a look at what needs to change or stay the same for the upcoming New Year! Please provide feedback through this form.
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Dear Stag

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:36 am

Image x
Dear Stag,
What are some ways to make your resume stand out from the competition when applying for a job?
- Anonymous Wyvern
  • Don’t be afraid to include activities and accomplishments outside of paid work - volunteer work, scouts, fundraising, club president, etc can all look good when applying to your first part-time job. If you are looking for more steady, full-time employment then those can still be beneficial, but now it’s also good to have training and education as well. For technology-related fields, there are tons of free online resources to help get you exposed, such as starting to teach yourself the basics of coding in python.

There are also some great online resources for improving your resume, such as tips for word choice. You can refer to some of these links: Do's & Dont's, Top 5 Tips, 30 Resume Tips.

Another suggestion is to closely look at the formatting and verb tenses in your resume - don’t use more than 2 fonts, stick to the same tense (probably past tense), and be VERY consistent with your formatting such as alignment!

Lastly, have others look it over and provide feedback! Parents, teachers, friends - don’t understimate the value of feedback as those people may notice typos or inconsistencies that you missed. Some employers will overlook some small errors if you otherwise seem like a qualified person and a good fit, but some can be very nitpicky, especially if they have many applicants to choose from!
Dear Stag,
Where can I buy some cheap textbooks and supplies online?
- Anonymous Wyvern
  • Amazon is a great resource. You can typically find any textbook there and rent it for really cheap - usually about 20 bucks minimum. However, you definitely need to compare prices because there are instances where Amazon is not the cheapest option and your bookstore is. Also, if you need the textbook pronto, then check and see if your bookstore will match prices! Another option, of course, is sites such as eBay. You can also probably browse Facebook - especially if you're in college and have a dedicated college page that you're a member of - and see if anyone is selling their old textbooks! Check out this tumblr post for some more resources!
Dear Stag,
What are some last minute Halloween costume ideas that you can whip up from your closet?
- Anonymous Wyvern
  • There are many costumes that you can create from your closet and home with the right amount of imagination and creativity! A simple classic go to could be a ghost, where you literally use a sheet and cut out holes. You can definitely be crafty with this if you'd like and maybe somehow make it glow in the dark! Or, you could be one of those PacMan ghosts.

Another classic option is the witch. Find yourself a black skirt, a pair of black tights - patterned or not - and some sort of black top. The top, of course, doesn't have to be black and can be any color you choose. Find a broom, ideally a stick-style broom, or even craft a mini one and claim you shrink it to pocket sized when not in use. If you aren’t terribly crafty, a witch hat from places like Party City may only set you back about $10.

If you've ever made a tutu - or know how to make one - you can definitely do that and dress up as a ballerina! Or, add a pair of fairy wings if you have them and make a sparkly wand and crown to become a fairy princess! You could also dress up in a fancy dress if you have it - maybe an old prom dress if you still have yours - and, depending on the style of the dress, be a glamorous movie star with huge sunglasses or a princess.

If you have a few dollars to spend, you can look at places like Goodwill to throw together looks of a pirate (get some crazy stripes and fasten a stuffed animal to your shoulder, rig up an eyepatch on a string, and throw on some boots), go 80s with loud print shirts and cut off shorts with a fake mustache, and so much more.

Another great option is to reuse a cosplay costume if you have one! Do you like to get dressed up for movies you love, such as Star Wars or Harry Potter? If you have a few items or some merchandise, you can piece together something related to those for this occasion as well!
Dear Stag,
Hi. I'm interested in DnD because it sounds really fun and I love role play, but I'm not sure where to start. Stag, can you help me out? Are their online DnD sessions on the Internet that I can join?
- Anonymous Wyvern
  • Hello! First, it's great to hear that you're so interested in the game! Dungeons and Dragons is an incredible game where your only boundaries are the limits of your imagination. However, there are a set of rules that you must follow and when you're first starting, these rules can seem very overwhelming at times! The first thing you should do is find a group of people that play. A lot of D&D players are really excited to teach new players how to operate the game and would be happy to show you the ropes! There are a couple ways that you can find a group that can teach you.

1. Reach out to your mutuals. Dungeons and Dragons, especially since the release of the 5th edition, has been steadily growing in popularity, especially with its youth players. A great way to find other people who play is by asking your friends, or maybe posting on social media that you're looking for a Dungeon Master (basically the person who runs the game) and you might have a couple messages popping into your inbox.

2. Find a discord server. There are lots of servers that are devoted to Dungeons and Dragons! These servers not only teach new players how to play the game, but they also help players find others to start a group in different channels for starting and joining campaigns. It's a great way to reach out to fellow players and meet new people. Here is a great server to help you start, with almost over a thousand members!

3. Join an Adventurer's League. Adventurer's League, hosted by the owners of D&D, Wizards of the Coast, is a collection of locally based games that are run practically everywhere. It's a club of nerds with mutual interests! If you're not keen to play with strangers online, then you can look up where the closest Adventurer's League is and ask to join. The best part - it's totally free!

4. Ask on Advanced Scribes! Another way you can join is by posting an advertisement on AS! You can start a thread in the appropriate forum asking for someone to teach you about Dungeons or Dragons, or maybe stating that you're currently searching for a group to join. There's a good chance you can find someone right here!

The last thing you can do - practice and research. Like anything else, Dungeons and Dragons is a skill, and no one understands it right off the bat. You should first purchase the three core rule books - The Players Handbook, the Monster Manual, and the Dungeon Master's Guide and read them to get a feel for the game. Watching other people play the game will also help tremendously, as it will help you learn the structure of the game and how encounters are run.

We wish you luck!
Dear Stag,
How do I approach a roommate that has been eating the food that I bought?
- Anonymous Wyvern
  • Hello there!
    I've had my fair share of roommates that have definitely taken a dive into my food stashes, so I can definitely relate with what you're likely feeling. The best thing you can do is remain calm when you approach the matter. Losing your cool on your roomie is only going to cause more problems than its actually worth.

Assess the Situation!

The first thing you're going to want to do is be absolutely sure that it's them eating your food and that you didn't just forget that you chowed down on that delicious bag of Cheetos the night before. If you are absolutely sure that this isn't the case, the next thing you'll want to do is ask your roommate if they know that the items they're eating were paid for by you. If they claim they had forgotten or didn't know, let it go for this once, but if they say they do know and show no real remorse, skip straight to the last paragraph and read from there. Remember, keep your cool, take a nice deep breath and move on to the next stage.

Label your Food!

The next thing you'll want to do is start labeling things that you buy as yours. Buy yourself a nice fancy sharpie of whatever color you desire and write your name on your food in big bold lettering. Make it noticeable, so that your roommate cannot claim to have missed it somehow. This is what worked for me, and hopefully, it will work for you, but if not, I do have some more steps that may help!

Approach your Roommate!

If your roommate is still eating your food even after you put a label on it, you should directly approach them for the final time. Let them know that you're aware that they keep eating your food and that you do not appreciate them doing so. Especially not if they aren't the ones paying for it, or at the very least aren't even offering to help pay for groceries. Be calm with your approach, as always, and see if you can determine if your words are even getting through to them.

Lock it up!

The final thing I can suggest to you can also be the first and only step you take if you are not the type to want to directly speak with them about this issue. You can buy a small fridge and store it in your room as well as any other small containers that could easily hold snacks of any kind. Make sure you buy some lock hinges and keep your items secure at all times. Or, better yet, buy a locking doorknob for your room to keep them out! Store all your items in a tightly sealed space to avoid any creepy crawlies and simply lock it up before you head out anywhere. That's about as much as I can offer for you, and I really hope it helps!
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Writing Tips

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:38 am

Image x
This month's Writing Tips theme is on Seeking Inspiration in the Outdoors. This article was written by Lost. x

Carsington Water: UK

If you’re looking for inspiration in your writing, the best place to find it might be as far away from your computer screen as you can get. Though some people find inspiration in the shower, or on their shopping trip, or in watching rain track down windows, I have never had any problems calling on new ideas when I am outside enjoying nature. As a self-proclaimed explorer of the world I often find myself perched in a tree in the pouring rain, or scrambling up the side of a rocky mountain, or splashing my way down a creek. I feel so at home in nature that my girlfriend and I spent a month living out of the back of a van – we tossed a mattress in the back, parked up somewhere, stayed the night and opened the doors to a beautiful view every morning before spending the day hiking or exploring. While I wouldn’t whole-heartedly recommend that everyone goes and lives out of a vehicle for the next couple of weeks, nor would I recommend free climbing to everyone I come across, I would certainly recommend a small hike, taking a notebook and some drawing equipment, and putting on your best wellies / rain boots.

The world outside can offer inspiration in the strangest of ways. Exploring the outside world can help you clear your mind. It cuts you off from the internet and lets you take a breather. Whenever I’m feeling down I’m reaching for my walking boots.

There are a few important rules to follow in the countryside;

Make sure you take note of signs around where you’re walking. If it says don’t swim in the water, then don’t do it. The sign is there for your safety. Currently in the UK there are signs at most outdoor watercourses telling you not to swim in lakes due to algal blooms. It’s important that you follow the signs of the countryside to ensure that you are safe and have a great time. Make sure you take litter home with you. Farmers sometimes leave gates open on purpose to allow their flock to move from one field to the other, closing the gate prevents this, so a good rule to follow is that you make sure you leave gates exactly how you found them.

Take snacks. This is an important tip. At some point you’re going to get tired. Sitting down and eating gives you a chance to rest but also gives you the chance to enjoy your surroundings as you fill your face. Often when hiking with my girlfriend we find ourselves a beautiful spot – Never is an amateur photographer so she usually picks. While you sit and eat you find that wildlife doesn’t notice you so much when you’re standing still. Picnic side visitors can include birds and butterflies and bring you even closer to nature.

Take water. Again, important tip. Fizzy drinks sometimes make you feel thirstier than you are and leave you drinking more than you would have if you were just drinking water – meaning you have to carry more. If you can’t stand the taste of water, toss some cut berries in the bottom of your bottle before you refill it. My personal favourite is a mixture of cucumber and mint, but raspberries and blueberries is another favourite.

Take drawing equipment / a good phone camera / a notebook. Make sure it’s not too heavy, but I find inspiration strikes when I’m in the middle of a hike. Having somewhere to jot it down is fantastic because I am also super forgetful. While you could use notes on your phone or send yourself a text, it’s much nicer to write it down in a notebook because spending time away from screens is good for you.

Take a map. If you’re going off the footpath or exploring somewhere new it’s beneficial to have a map with you. Sometimes I prefer to walk around a lake or alongside a river so I don’t require a map but there are times when I prefer to forge a brand new path and therefore taking a map is sometimes necessary. If the route you are planning on is well signposted and you’re comfortable with the walk you may choose not to take a map, or if it’s a route within a nature park you may find you don’t need one either. If you do find yourself at a nature park there are often leaflets with maps on the back – which is brilliant, and I always recommend you return them at the end of your walk so they can be reused by someone else.

If you have no walking boots, take rain boots or wellies. If you see a puddle and you’re wearing waterproof footwear you’re under obligation to jump into it as if you’re four years old again. The countryside can be very freeing. Unlike the city there are few people around to watch what you’re doing.

If it’s raining, throw on a rain mac. I find the natural world seems to wake up a little when there’s a good spray of water coming down from the sky. The greens look greener and the plants just seem more alive. Do be careful though, if it is torrential rain, a storm, or thunder and lightning with a chance of flooding it’s probably best you don’t go out at all. Use your common sense about when to go out.

A couple of my personal favourite hikes – which are all in the UK – include;

Tryfan – this is a mountain in the Ogwen Valley in Snowdonia. Snowdonia has the UK’s national climbing centre. While you can climb Tryfan without having to resort to hands on climbing and can walk to the summit if you take the East face, it does offer options to climb due to the crags. It’s the fifteenth-highest mountain in Wales, and I first climbed this at the age of ten. It’s a lovely place to walk due to the view at the top. It also is associated with Arthurian legend as a resting place of one of the round table knights.

Malham Tarn – Found in the Yorkshire Dales which is in the centre of England, Malham Tarn is an area of conservational importance to many scientific committees due to it being the highest marl lake in England (lime-rich mudstone lake) which means that the lake has a pH over 8.0 and is very alkaline. This creates a unique habitat and promotes wildlife you might not readily find elsewhere such as rare crustaceans. The lake was formed over 10,000 years ago but as it’s shrunk in that time there is a boggy area near the West side that water voles have been reintroduced into within the last five years.

Carsington Water – a reservoir in the Derbyshire Dales in England. Again, an area of ecological importance, this is a working reservoir. The circular route is around eight miles, but there are shorter routes that take you through art sculptures around the lake. There are wood carvings along one route, while another has a series of stone sculptures. There are opportunities to hire out canoes, kayaks, windsurfing equipment, sail boats and paddle boards. The site also provides many bird watching huts and the chance to see birds that are not found in any other area of the UK.

There are many other pockets of beauty to explore, just last week I happened across a small sign that said public pathway. The route led alongside a river and had information boards about how watermills used to operate in the area. If you keep your eyes out for something new you’ll be able to find it. Hopefully you’ll also be able to find the inspiration you need for when you come back inside and sit down in front of your computer again.

Malham Tarn : UK

Thanks to NeverNever for the photography
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Life Tips

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:39 am

Image x
This month's life tips is over Adding Activity to Lifestyle. x

Becoming sedentary is all too common these days. With the abundance of technology in our lives today, we find ourselves fairly stationary for long stretches of time. Sleep is excused, as we all need a good portion of that, but sitting or laying down all day as well is far from healthy. How does one incorporate a bit of movement in? We aren’t all marathon runners or gym rats, and many of us aren’t even in shape to go run a mile or two. So where does one begin?

Walking.

This simple activity has so many health benefits - it gets your blood flowing and keeps everything working properly. It helps your eyes to take a break from screens and to have some time focusing on things from a variety of distances. It moves and stretches muscles a bit. If on a plane, walk to the farthest lavatory and go a little more often than you really need. If you work in an office, use your short break to go take a walk around the outside (or inside) of the building a couple times. At the end of the day, take a walk down your road, or go to a park with a trail.

Another important part of keeping your body healthy is stretching; this warms up your muscles before physical activity and also improves your flexibility. Yoga is a great way to do some stretching as its own activity, and there are many great videos on Youtube and other websites!

Ready for a little more? Add little spurts of jogging, and go as slowly as you need. The basic idea is just to increase your heart rate, plus jogging can help build some endurance while doing cardio.

Not interested in just cardio, or is it terrible weather for being outside? Take a half hour at least a couple times a week, even in the privacy of your own bedroom, to do some simple exercises. Lunges, squats, jumping jacks, lifting household items like cans of refried beans - these can all help to give your muscles a little bit of work to do. If you have workout equipment such as an elliptical or treadmill available, do even just a couple minutes of that with a show on or a song that pumps you up, and slowly build from there.

Take it slow.

There is no need to expect to be able to run a 5k after only a month. If you just increase your total exercise time by 5 minutes each week, or do one more little set of each exercise, that can help to slowly build a good foundation! For example, if you have begun taking regular walks and have started to include little bursts of jogging, you could start with as little as 15 seconds of jogging and every couple of days just add 5 seconds. Slow and steady.

Remember - you are striving for progress, not perfection!
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Character Interview & Prompt

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:39 am

Image x
1. What are your character’s thoughts and feelings about the supernatural?
2. Does your character see themselves growing old with a spouse at their side or do they have different plans?
3. What is your character’s favorite book?
4. If your character had to relocate somewhere in the world, where would it be and why?
5. What does the word ‘family’ mean to your character?
6. Has your character ever had a broken heart? Did they trust that person again - or would they?
7. Does your character have a spiritual side?
8. How would your character cope in a crisis?
9. Your character’s thoughts and opinions on the word ‘forgiveness.’
10. What does your character think about when they are alone?
11. What is the one thing your character dislikes about their life?
12. If your character came into money, what is the first thing they would do?
13. If your character were immortal, how would they feel about it?
14. Is your character a coffee or tea person? Or neither?
15. What does your character dream about?

x Prompt x
He/She has come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revelers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel. (from Masque of the Red Death)
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Member Corner

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 am

Image x
This month while taking a break from writing events, we want to also showcase some other hobbies you guys have shared in group and club threads. Did you know there is a thread for cosplayers? One for car enthusiasts? One for crafting and art? You can find all sorts of fun places to explore in the Clubs board. We’ve included links to the ones mentioned in this little article and invite you guys to check out what else there is! If you know of ones you think we ought to feature in the next Afflatus, please let us know!
Do you have ideas as to what you would like to see here? Don't be afraid to share through our google form!
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Featured Writing

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:40 am

Image x
The Arcana by ayleid
Hidden text.
transparentThey were like a herd of cattle on their way towards the slaughter house.
transparentThe young man could barely think. Could barely speak. His mouth was so dry that licking his lips felt like scraping his tongue against sandpaper. The sky was tinted with blood as he shuffled along with the rest of the plague victims, ignoring the light jabs as spears prodded into the small of his back, ushering him forward. The guards were garbed in thick coats that were black with soot, masks resembling the guises of ravens shielding their faces.
transparentEvery breath Ren took, he could smell ash and burning flesh until the taste was impressioned in his mouth. He gave a racking cough, blood on his tongue as he stumbled forwards towards the dark castle that loomed directly ahead.
transparentThe dark spires of the Lazaret curved into the smoky sky, the woods surrounding it so thick that the vines and woven branches blocked out any starlight. The sky was darkened in smoke and ash as columns of sweeping black billowed out of the Lazaret towers.
transparentHe stumbled as another wave of heat washed over him and his knees hit the sand. No....not sand. As he curved his fingers into the ground he lurched back, feeling bile rise in his throat. Ash.
transparentHe was so tired. The plague seeped into his very bones, pulling the strength from his body until all he could do was lie there. There was a sharp pain as a guard grabbed his hair, yanking the boy to his feet. “Move forward!” he barked, shoving the apprentice into another plague victim. Their eyes looked as though they were bleeding as they looked back at Ren tiredly. The sclera was blood red, skin a sickly pale as they were herded inside the Lazaret.
transparentThe sound of mournful wails and shrieks of pain filled the air as the diseased were herded inside the castle. Numerous beds were pressed against the wall, each one with a patient lying on their frames. Some were covered in shrouds, others seemingly on the brink of death as their chests rose and fell, eliciting raspy breaths.
Happy Now by Kael
Hidden text.
His hands were toying with the paper coaster in his hands, the male feeling on edge as the paper coaster was slowly becoming nothing more but a pathetic pile of paper flocks. He had been in need of getting away from everything. While his life was a sort of good these days, it was still the case he got suffocated by everything. Aiden had left so much behind when he crossed the road to Dan’s side. His whole life was on the other side of the road, minus Nathan. But somewhere Aiden figured that his choice had been right. Nathan had been right. They were fighting for the good side. But still, majority of the people he had left behind had felt like his family.

“What’s wrong, A? You’re Switzerland remember? You can have a drink with us.” Jacob smirked as he sat down in the booth with a beer. The man glanced over at the medic, noticing the male seemed troubled with something. “Why did you even come? You are like a world away.” Jake continued, his blond eyebrows twisting into a frown as he was watching Aiden while sipping from his beer. The male shrugged, glancing up from the paper coaster he had turned into nothing. “I guess, I just missed this.” he admitted, knowing that things had changed. He had killed Martin, dragged his own brother away from the murder scene and turned his back to this side of the battle. He had entered a somewhat foreign place, where he had no close ties with anyone. At least, not the moment he had entered that part of the gang.

Aiden’s hand wrapped around his beer, lifting up the glass as he took a sip. He noticed Rhodes slipping down in the booth as well, the brunet watching Aiden with a somewhat cautious look. “Are you happy now?” he questioned, not necessarily sounding harsh but just curious. “I’m not certain what the definition of happy is these days.” Aiden breathed out, settling down his beer after he had drank almost half of it.
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Activity Center

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:41 am

Image x
This activity is meant to get ideas going for the NaNoWriMo event coming up in November! It will be worth a total of 25 points. The point breakdown is as follows:

5 points for listing
5 points for identifying each thing mentioned below
15 for writing the two paragraphs

List your five favorite books. Take the antagonist from the first book, the protagonist from the second, the opening sentence from the third, the setting from the fourth, and the genre from the fifth. Carry on writing the first two paragraphs of your new book.

Breakdown:
1. Antagonist
2. Protagonist
3. Opening sentence
4. Setting
5. Genre

Keep in mind that if you use this idea for NaNo and partake in the site event, anything written this month will NOT count towards your word count of 50k!

x Have suggestions for future activities? Don't be afraid to share through the google form!
ichor.
Admin Aide

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Anon Compliments & Critique

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:41 am

Image x
Anonymous Kitsune wrote:Honestly, our lovely ichor. is such a ray of sunshine; I can't even begin to describe how having her in my life has lifted my spirits. She's always supportive and ready to offer a shoulder to cry on, no matter how tired or irritated she is because of school. And no matter how many troubles life throws at her, she always comes out strong and is that sturdy pillar that everyone needs in their lives. I'd probably be a huge mess if it wasn't for her kind words. Nini is a national treasure and everyone needs to love her a lot. ♥
Anonymous Kitsune wrote:ayleid is an absolute sweetheart. He's one of those people, who just feels whenever something's wrong; even if I'm not prone to complain a lot and with many details, he'll always pop in to ask if everything's alright. And, honestly, so few people find the time to check up on their friends nowadays. Even if we've been in touch for a short while, I've come to treasure this beautiful potato a lot and I'd probably be lost without him. He also sounds like an epic Dungeon Master and I wanna join a D&D session, but my shitty timezone and schedule keeps me from doing fun things. ;;w;;