AS Afflatus: Issue Sixteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Did you do the Afflatus Feedback form? You can find it in the Updates section!

Yes
78%
I'm doing it now
22%

Total votes: 18
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

AS Afflatus - Issue 16 - Reminders & Point System

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:42 am

Image x
Just a couple of reminders for the Afflatus! x
1. When nominating a writing piece for the Featured Writing, keep in mind that nominations should come from the Share Your Writing forum (or the Fanfiction forum). Nominations can also come from any prompt event held and from the NaNoWriMo event. Nominations can also come from house run prompt threads. As long as the nomination is not from a role-play forum, it is fair game. The purpose is to shine light on individuals' personal work and stories, rather than role-plays. Make sure to include a direct link to the post, and also mention the title and user.

2. Please submit all of the following through the Google form, in order to make point keeping easier.
- Dear Stag Submissions
- Prompt Suggestions
- Featured Writing Nominations
- Anonymous Compliments and Critiques
- Article Submissions
- Suggestions for the Afflatus (new segments, activity ideas, etc.) or the site

3. When submitting an anonymous compliment, please include username and link to their profile. I notify these users after each issue is posted so that they know they've received a compliment and it makes it easy to track them down in case usernames are changed!

4. When posting submissions to the thread (character interviews and prompts), please make sure the words Character Interview or Prompt are there in the title post. It's not a big deal if forgotten, however. Also, please post each character interview and prompt submission separately. If you submit three things, submit them all on separate posts for easier point keeping!

5. Remember, you can post up to two (2) character interviews per issue.

6. Please keep in mind the fact that we are not professional therapists when submitting your Dear Stags. We love offering tips and trying to help out, but do keep in mind that we are not professionals and some problems may be better discussed with trusted adults or professionals.

7. For Article Submissions, they can be about anything. Articles submitted for Writing Tips or Life Tips is always appreciated. When submitting an article, please link to a Google Doc that can be edited. Make sure to include your user (and link it) and house on the doc so that we can award points and give credit for your work!

8. Going forward, at the end of the month I will post the following on the thread: "Any posts made after this will not count towards points." I will be trying to stay consistent with this and plan on doing this on the last day of every month by 11:30 PM CST time. Please note that if this doesn't happen for a day (or more) then you can assume it's fair game to submit more things to the thread, since it is likely taking some time to get the next issue out. The Google form, however, will be closed the night before the next issue.
x Points System x Dear Stag Submission ……………………... 5 points
Featured Writing Nomination ……………… 5 points
Future Prompt Suggestion ……………….... 5 points
Compliment Submission ………………….... 5 points
Critique/Critique Piece Submission …… 5 points

Character Interview Submission ………… 10 points
Article Submission ……….................… 10 points

Prompt Submission
0-500 words ………………………. 10 points
500-1000 words ………………….. 20 points
1000-2000+ words ……………….. 30 points

Activity Participation - will vary depending on level of difficulty
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:25 pm

Image Image
            • What are your character’s thoughts and feelings about the supernatural?
              Adrien doesn't believe in what he can't see. The youth has never been a religious or imaginative person, thus his opinion about the possible existence of the supernatural is fairly unoriginal; while Adrien thinks it's quite naive to believe that only humans inhabit the planet, he tends to choose not to dwell on the subject of very long. Even if he possesses some kind of inner feelings regarding the chance of other beings living alongside humans, the man's opinions are kept quiet in fears of losing his social standing and career path.

Do they see themselves growing old with a spouse at their side or do they have different plans?
              He would like to settle down in the future, but hasn't really found the perfect man for that. It's difficult to work in his chosen field while harbouring a fairly personal secret about his orientation and preference when it comes to partners. Adrien often daydreams about leading a peaceful life somewhere in the countryside with the perfect husband and a couple of kids, but he's aware that it might never come true in the end.

What is your character’s favourite book?
              He's a fan of the classics. Even so, Adrien's favourite book at the very moment is novella known as The Little Prince written by the French pioneering aviator, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. Reading that particular book is never the same and the man is usually brought close to tears whenever he gets to a certain part of the story. He also likes reading poetry if something infuriated him or if Adrien feels a bit too stressed.

If your character had to relocate somewhere in the world, where would it be and why?
              Despite living in a rather warm country, Adrien loves being surrounded by winter. If he had to pack everything up and move into another place, he'd choose a smaller town or village located in Scandinavia. His first choice would be either Denmark or Norway, mainly because he's had a bit of experience regarding those two specific countries. Though, he wouldn't mind settling down in Finland or Sweden, either.

What does the word ‘family’ mean to your character?
              Adrien's family was a very loving and peaceful one; he grew up as a makeshift guardian to his younger sister and never really quarrelled with either of his parents. They supported him whenever the man needed advice and his memories of the time spent in Libourne are nothing but heart-warming and comforting.

Has your character ever had a broken heart? Did they trust that person again - or would they?
              The man's heart was often treated like nothing and thrown around by the people he offered it to. His first real and serious boyfriend, however, went even further by pushing Adrien's trust into the dirt and belittling the youth in front of many of their peers while he could do nothing but silently weep. It's difficult for him to trust anyone because of this; while he tries to see the good in people, the memories of that incident always come back to his mind, forcing Adrien to close himself off when someone tries to approach him.

Does your character have a spiritual side?
              Having worked in the field of law for a very long time, he doesn't really believe in God or anything other watching over humanity's flaws anymore. He respects those, who still have faith in something keeping a close eye over their measly lives, but the man himself believes that he's the master of his own destiny and no one else can influence the decisions he makes. He's not exactly a very religious or spiritual man.

How would your character cope in a crisis?
              Most of the time, Adrien chooses to smoke his worries away. Even though he is a fan of alcohol and will rarely turn down an offer to get some booze and spend a quiet night with his closest friends, he doesn't like getting hammered very often and prefers to stand outside in his balcony and smoke until his fingers grow cold. He's not the person to get angry easily or panic as something goes wrong or if he's stressed.

Your character’s thoughts and opinions on the word ‘forgiveness.’
              Adrien often finds himself valuing mercy more than justice itself; he believes that even the worst people can be changed with enough effort, but knows that not many people will agree with his opinion. The man is aware that forgiving others and eventually forgetting about their crimes is the best way to grow as a person, but also feels compelled to sentence murderers and other criminals to spend most of their life in jail because of what they have done. Even so, he does fight for the gentlest punishment available and rarely budges.

What does your character think about when they are alone?
              He's not a philosopher. Most of the time, Adrien's mind is filled with problems regarding his career and the problems he has to analyse on a daily basis. However, the man also finds moments of peace when memories of his childhood and family enter his mind and bring him to the past. He doesn't like to dwell on this.

What is the one thing your character dislikes about their life?
              He dislikes being indecisive when the situation calls for a very important decision, which is usually pushed on his shoulders as the others shy away from taking responsibility. He isn't afraid of showing that he's only human and that he can also be wrong at times, but it makes him fairly irritated if people only see him as a scapegoat. The main thing that annoys him in his life is that, even after all of the years he's spent in the United States, he's still treated by many as a complete and utter outsider. They don't take him seriously.

If your character came into money, what is the first thing they would do?
              He'd save it. Adrien doesn't like to spend insane amounts of money on himself and prefers to make sure he can lead a stable and comfortable life in the future when he's too old to work for the state anymore.

If your character were immortal, how would they feel about it?
              Adrien would be unhappy. He doesn't want to live forever while everyone he loves dies a horrible and painful death. The man wants nothing more but to spend the remainder of his life with those he values the most and then crumble away from the world with no regrets and no additional pain which comes with outliving the people around him. Being an immortal creature would, of course, grant him quite a bit of opportunity to become a better person, but he doesn't want for that to happen if he has no one by his side.

Is your character a coffee or tea person? Or neither?
              Definitely coffee. He can be an absolute grump in the early morning of the day if his coffee isn't there.

What does your character dream about?
              Adrien doesn't dream a lot. He was never a very creative person and his imagination was fairly limited when compared to that of his sisters'. Though, most of the few dreams he actually remembers revolve around animals or the life back in France. He doesn't know what any of that means and doesn't think about it too much due this busy schedules and his refusal to believe such trivial things can be of any importance.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Character Interview 1

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:54 pm

Faceclaim: Lindsey Morgan

1. What are your character’s thoughts and feelings about the supernatural?
"I suppose I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other. Sure I've experienced some spooky stuff in my life, but it's not like I think the ghosts of all of those people that we killed are haunting me or anything."

2. Does your character see themselves growing old with a spouse at their side or do they have different plans?
"Doesn't everyone at first? Before you realize just how horrible the world really is and your chances of love and anything meaningful are almost nonexistent? Yeah, that's what I thought. But yeah. Eventually I'd like to settle down. Everyone around us is all in a relationship. I'm not sure if you would call me and Aiden a thing or anything."

3. What is your character’s favorite book?
"Ever read The 100 by Kass Morgan? Cause I sort of like the idea of the world after everything has gone wrong. That we live out our days in space only to return one day. I think that'd be fun. I'd like to see space and take a space walk."

4. If your character had to relocate somewhere in the world, where would it be and why?
"Um, I guess I don't really care. I've been a lot of places. The one place I've never been was to a beach. So maybe somewhere sunny with water."

5. What does the word ‘family’ mean to your character?
"I think a lot of things. I grew up not knowing that my father cheated on my mother...or maybe Jason's father cheated on his mother. Either way, yeah I'm the half sister of Jason but I didn't really find out until about a few months ago. And let me tell you, being brought into a gang had its ups and downs. But Xavier and Serena have been welcoming. Plus they seem to enjoy that I know how to use my hands and fix things."

6. Has your character ever had a broken heart? Did they trust that person again - or would they?
"Fuck yes, and we will never speak of him. Understood?"

7. Does your character have a spiritual side?
"In some ways I guess I do. I mean I enjoy just being alone sometimes and finding peace and happiness in working with mechanical things."

8. How would your character cope in a crisis?
"What kind of crisis? I mean I'm pretty emotional but if you piss me off enough, you'll get a badass all hands on deck kind of girl."

9. Your character’s thoughts and opinions on the word ‘forgiveness.’
"You better deserve it, cause I won't hand it out to just anyone. And you better make it up to me in a damn good way. No just saying I'm sorry. Like you better buy me a new motorcycle or something."

10. What does your character think about when they are alone?
"Not much. Aiden I suppose is what I think about most often. Then I think just general mechanical stuff. I love to work with my hands."

11. What is the one thing your character dislikes about their life?
"Maybe the fact that I never really knew my brother until just recently. Twenty two years of my life I always thought I was just a lone child. But now I have this entire family I never knew about. Jason, Darren, Matt...it's a lot to take in."

12. If your character came into money, what is the first thing they would do?
"Don't really need money. It helps that the gang sort of pays under the table and I can make a lot of cash like that. But I guess I'd buy myself something nice. A new motorcycle to replace the one I took apart because I was bored."

13. If your character were immortal, how would they feel about it?
"It would be...interesting. I mean if it was just me being immortal and no one else, I'd ask someone to kill me after a few years. Before everyone got too old and started to die to leave me all alone."

14. Is your character a coffee or tea person? Or neither?
"Coffee. Please just give me coffee."

15. What does your character dream about?
"Um...don't we all dream about really random shit? But I suppose if you want to know what the majority of my dreams now are...well they are of me and Aiden. I think that's enough said without getting into too much....detail if you know what I mean."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Lost
Global Moderator
House: Halcyon

Character Interview #1

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:36 pm

• 1. What are your character’s thoughts and feelings about the supernatural?
    • Damien has an absolute hatred of ghosts, because only he can see them. They have a habit of springing up on him in places he’d rather they not – like the bathroom, or when he’s alone at night with the lights off, or when he’s driving down a deserted country lane. There was that one time the ghost of his Aunt Malorie also decided that his fourth-grade parent’s evening was the best time to pop up and start trying to give him a recipe for cherry pie. Considering that the dead tend to also have a desire to consume human life force, Damien’s attempts to remove his Aunt’s ghost from the scene before she killed someone were taken as strange and unusual and earned him a stay in a youth help institution.

2. Does your character see themselves growing old with a spouse at their side or do they have different plans?
    • Growing old full stop would be great. Right now, Damien finds himself so overrun by supernatural happenings that he barely has time to plan for what he’s doing next year never mind in fifty. He’d like to travel, he knows that for sure, travel to someplace quiet for a little bit of peace.

• The Picture of Dorian Grey – always one for the classics, Damien likes this book because it has observations about someone’s moral compass, youth, and the immortal soul. It’s the one book that he carries around with him always, and his tattered version sits dog eared and water stained by his bed every night.

4. If your character had to relocate somewhere in the world, where would it be and why?
    • He’d love to. Wherever it was would be peaceful with few people around. Ghosts are attracted to the living, and if it’s just Damien, then he is pretty sure he’ll have a quiet few days without being bothered about this murder or that murder or this unfinished business or a quest to tell a long lost relative about this or that.

• Family is a strange word to Damien. He lost his mother when he was very young, at four or five. While his father tried to cope with the loss of his wife and raising a young boy, he was not able to cope with a young child insisting that they could see and interact with the dead. Damien spent his youth at different boarding schools, mental health institutions and finally slipped away at the age of eighteen. Family means a chokehold to him, one he’s glad to be rid of.

6. Has your character ever had a broken heart? Did they trust that person again - or would they?
    • Yes. But not from a romantic relationship. The pain of watching his father send him away was a lot for a young boy, especially when his father’s face was so hopeless and doubtful of any return to the ways things used to be. Damien isn’t sure he lost trust in his father, but he certainly lost faith in the man. Perhaps he would trust him again, but it would have to be after his father saw the errors in his ways and was prepared to listen to what his son was really going through.

• Of course. Thankfully some stones and crystals, runic markings and scents are distractions for ghosts and can provide Damien with a little respite from the supernatural. Some take longer to prepare than others, but all provide him to dip into the otherside to prepare these items. He finds this process calming and relaxing, allowing him some links to his spiritual side.

• Usually by running. But this is because ghosts are more than likely to follow him and therefore leave other people alone. He’s learnt this is the best technique as it causes the least amount of issues in public spaces. Calling the four elements to your disposal on the other hand is the opposite of this.

• He’s seen so many ghosts come to him begging that he tell a loved one that their last argument was silly and that they are sorry. He believes therefore that it’s best to forgive and apologise as soon as possible to someone.

• Probably a mix of fast food, naked men and exorcising ghosts. Certainly not in that order.

• His ability to see ghosts and connect with the spiritual realm. It used to scare him, now he just finds it to be a major nuisance that he wishes he didn’t have looming over his life like that.

• Travel. He would travel somewhere remote and sunny. Perhaps, he thinks, the ghosts might be of a nicer disposition if they are not subject to Scotland’s cold climate and rainy outlook. Perhaps they’ll be like Captain Jack Sparrow if he goes to the Caribbean, full of rum and singing about pirates.

• He would hate it. He detests the idea of living forever because he would have to live with his curse forever. He would have to watch the dead flock to him, deteriorate and then try and leech off human souls – and he would have to watch that happen to every single one of his friends if he lived forever.

• Coffee. Mainly because it’s easier to drive around when he’s had a cup or two.

• He dreams in the other realm, so it’s often of psychedelic landscapes and strange animals. It’s beautiful and strange and scary and he knows nothing else to be normal.
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Character Interview 2

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Faceclaim: Colton Haynes

"Supernatural things don't exist. People talk about feeling a hand on their shoulder or something, but no. Maybe the one time I thought I was dying I could have said that it felt weird, but then Nate saved me so I'm alright. No supernatural visits for me."

Glances over at Nate. "Yeah, yeah I do see myself growing old, retiring, and having the one I love by my side."

"I enjoy anything to do with Greek Mythology."

"I'd go wherever Nate goes. If he wants to go over to England and all of that, then I'd go with him. That'd be my reason for leaving."

"I think a lot of things. It means that we all stick together, we have each others backs, and we aren't going to let anything stand in the way of our happiness. Darren I think would say the same thing. And then, when you find the one you love, you do everything you can to make them smile and happy."

"You mean the one time that Nate broke my heart? Yeah didn't think I knew that you kissed Dan did you? But it's okay. I know he was in a vulnerable position and some times things just happen. But yes, I trust him completely with my life."

"Not unless you count how happy I can be just lying with Nate and doing absolutely nothing."

"Brute force and guns blazing."

"I think someone needs to earn it. You can't just let them walk back into your life depending on what they have done. Some people don't deserve any forgiveness. You hurt our family, and you shouldn't expect anything but anger from me."

"A lot of things. What I need to do tomorrow, what information we have found out floating around in my head, Nate in his dinosaur onesie, Nate out of his dinosaur onesie, when the next dinosaur movie is coming out, what we are having for supper."

"I enjoy my life. We all have things we would want to change, but I love how it is right now. Maybe I'd change the fact that Nathan is only my boyfriend...but I want to find a good time for that."

"I have money. I think everyone does in the business we are in. I'd probably use more of my money to treat Nate to something special."

"You mean like a vampire? No."

"Either is fine, although coffee would be preferred."

"All sorts of random crap. We all dream about random things. I find that my dreams are filled more with dinosaurs now and I blame Nate."
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora [X]
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Image Image
            • What are your character’s thoughts and feelings about the supernatural?
              Emilie has never been a spiritual person, but her creativity makes the youth believe in many things others would find impossible or unrealistic. She doesn't know if creatures like fairies or ghosts exist in their world, but she doesn't want to possibly offend any of them by not thinking about them. Emilie is known to be a very tolerant and open-minded person, who won't belittle others for having different beliefs than she does. If a person tried to make her agree that things like Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy aren't real, she'll just smile and reveal that she can't know for sure about their existence. Arguing about such things isn't like her.

Do they see themselves growing old with a spouse at their side or do they have different plans?
              She is a very family-oriented girl. Emilie loves the idea of creating a big family once she is too old to serve in the military. Unlike most people, she doesn't mind what gender her partner is going to be and honestly believes that her country won't go against a feeling like love in hopes of appeasing those, who can't be as tolerant. Even so, the girl isn't in a rush to start a family of her own. At least, not anytime soon.

What is your character’s favourite book?
              It's often difficult for others to believe that her favourite book is All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque, a rather famous German veteran. While this just doesn't seem to be a book for someone of Emilie's cheerfulness and joyous attitude, she likes learning about the past and reading about tragic events or actions her country has done in the past. It simply makes Emilie not take anything for granted.

If your character had to relocate somewhere in the world, where would it be and why?
              She loves being under the sun. If anything can make Emilie overjoyed, it's spending time in countries with a warm climate and relaxing somewhere near the ocean while sunbathing. Even though Germany isn't too terrible when it comes to their winters, Emilie would prefer moving to Spain or Greece when it becomes a bit too chilly for her liking. However, she gets too homesick to ever move anywhere further away.

What does the word ‘family’ mean to your character?
              It means everything to her. The girl's family has always been supportive of her wishes and dreams, rarely ever saying anything that might hurt or upset her. She would do anything if it meant keeping them happy.

Has your character ever had a broken heart? Did they trust that person again - or would they?
              Emilie is too devoted to her country to ever settle down with a person so quickly in her youth. She has had her fair share of relationships but all of them were built on mutual understanding and trust; not a single one had made her feel unloved or not good enough. All of them had ended on good terms, too; her heart is fine. As for trusting someone who made her upset... Emilie doesn't hold a grudge and prefers to be friends with those she works with or cares for. If someone makes a mistake and makes her sad, she will forgive and just forget about the whole incident in due time. She doesn't see the reason for staying angry for a long time.

Does your character have a spiritual side?
              Not really. She doesn't believe in anything based on religion but respects those, who do. Emilie knows that everything that she does creates responsibility only she can take and that no one else in the world can pay for her mistakes. Honestly, she doesn't have enough time to become spiritual or believe in something.

How would your character cope in a crisis?
              Emilie always looks at the bright side of life. No matter what happens, she will never give up and will do what she can in order to help someone else, even if that person is herself. When something goes wrong, all she needs is a walk on her own and with enough time, she will come back full of new ideas and ways of helping those around her achieve success in the shortest amount of time. Bad things don't affect her.

Your character’s thoughts and opinions on the word ‘forgiveness.’
              They're very strong; Emilie believes that the world is based on compassion and forgiveness. No matter what a person could do to her, she will never hold a grudge and will easily forgive if she sees that the remorse is genuine. However, if they are trying to trick her or lie to her, she can get serious and turn her back on the person if it means giving herself some peace and not having to deal with the betrayal of others.

What does your character think about when they are alone?
              She usually thinks about her family or the nearby future. Seeing as they are the two main things that Emilie sees herself working towards, nothing else takes up such an important part of her mind; she can spend hours or days thinking about how to gain a higher rank or how to surprise her parents, but less important things like paying bills or simply staying in touch with friends will take her only a few minutes to organise.

What is the one thing your character dislikes about their life?
              Her inability to make everyone happy. She thrives on knowing that her silly attitude and positivity can make people feel their day is a bit brighter, but when it doesn't work, Emilie can get visibly stressed and go even further out of her way to make something good happen. She often puts others ahead of herself.

If your character came into money, what is the first thing they would do?
              She would definitely buy presents for her family and the closest friends she has in the military. Keeping them feeling loved and needed is the most important part of her day and while she doesn't believe that money can buy happiness or keep someone joyful, she knows that a nice surprise can change a bad day.

If your character were immortal, how would they feel about it?
              Unlike most people, she wouldn't be too happy about getting a lot of possibilities to achieve even more than she can right now. Emilie loves her family dearly and seeing them pass away sooner would break her heart, especially when all of her peers and fellow soldiers would also leave her alone. She doesn't want to be left with no contacts or drifting through the world on her own while others can settle down and live their life to the fullest. However, she would love to get enough time to experience all that she wants to go through.

Is your character a coffee or tea person? Or neither?
              Tea. Coffee makes her too jittery and no one can stand her if Emilie's had too much coffee in the morning.

What does your character dream about?
              Her dreams are often very vivid and full of exciting details, but she rarely ever remembers them well enough to know what the dream was about. Sadly, Emilie doesn't ever write them down and can only recall fragments and plain ideas that she got during a dream. Even so, they often make her happy and overjoyed.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴀᴄᴛɪᴠɪᴛʏ sᴜʙᴍɪssɪᴏɴ

Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:53 pm

x
01. Forest of the Gods by Balys Sruoga
02. Kazan by James Oliver Curwood
03. The Dark Half by Stephen King
04. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
05. Evil under the Sun by Agatha Christie
xxxImagexxx
01. Wacek Kozlowski
02. Kazan
03. "People's lives - their real lives, as opposed to their simplexxxxxxl
xxxlphysical existences - begin at different times."

04. World War I
05. Crime novel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
People's lives - their real lives, as opposed to their simple physical existences - begin at different times. For the man known as Wacek Koslowski, his life ended and began whenever an unsuspecting soul crossed his path. Shoving his calloused fists into their faces was what made him feel alive. Like a sacred routine, Kazan did everything in his power to walk around the man before Wacek could turn his attention on the lone dog present inside of Stutthof. The caretaker was known to be violent towards anything, be it a man or a beast. And the wolf hybrid didn't feel like experiencing the knowledge of what happened to those, who dared to stand up to Wacek; they all disappeared the following day and no one knew where they went. It was no secret and there was no crime to solve as the dead bodies of the prisoners were found beaten up and bloody. There was a war going on both in the world and inside of the concentration camp.

Like most places, Stutthof had its secrets. Most of them, however, didn't appear because of Wacek's actions. There was a dark aura hanging over the location and while it could have affected every living being confined within the electric walls, Kazan paid no attention to it. The problems of human beings rarely ever affected him; while it was inhuman to even think of disrespecting the corpses of the prisoners, this morality didn't extend to him. They all had to survive and if it meant feasting on the dead, he would do just that. Every other day, he would find food left especially for him; the kindness was left unanswered as the wolf hybrid ate and then left, not caring who had decided to look out for him. The need to survive was coursing through his veins, followed by the wish to stay away from Wacek and not get murdered by the sadistic man. Kazan didn't want to get involved in anything else. He was just a dog; he couldn't understand.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:21 pm

----------------------------------------------- mentions;; Sabella, Torsten
setting;; the middle ages (England)
tags;; blood, death, mentions of gore
word count;; 891
          • He has come like a thief in the night. And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel.
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            "Are you not frightened, Princess?" Sabella could only glare at the bandit's face with all of the fury coursing through her veins. She had no other ways of defying their group. "It seems that your father does not care about you that much."

The brunette was quiet. Closing her eyes and turning away from the bandit, she focused on her breathing, wishing for the horrible nightmare to end. In a fit of desperation to escape into the night, she had managed to forget just how many sleepless nights had been wasted in the underground lair she had been taken to and kept as a lowly prisoner. No matter how loudly she had screamed inside of her thoughts, no one answered Sabella's prayers. In a way, she thought it was well-deserved, given how she had treated her new bodyguard; if she was in his place, the youth also would have left the Viking to escape on his own. But her new companion was different. He wouldn't leave the girl to die at the hands of some pathetic barbarians.

"I have met worse people than you," her voice was full of exhaustion, but it still held a note of dominance and pride. She wasn't going to be put down like a useless dog. "All of them are dead; just like all of you brutes will be soon enough."

Her words slammed into a wall of laughter as the men hanging inside of the cave roared, slurring insults at the young woman and raising their weapons; in their eyes, no one was experienced or powerful enough to touch them. It was aggravating, but she knew better than to argue with people, who had no morals or respect inside of their hearts. Keeping a stoic expression on her face, Sabella turned her eyes away from them and focused on the only entrance leading inside of the cavern. The girl desperately hoped that he would arrive soon enough. But time passed by and the burly Viking was nowhere to be seen.

She had given up all hope when a lone howl echoed through the underground system of caves and tunnels, forcing a chill to run up and down her elegant spine, but there was an excited smile lingering on her pale lips as she looked towards the nearby entrance, not even bothering to shoo away the man violently shaking her and yelling for answers. Even though she wasn't used to seeing blood, watching the decapitated head of one of the guards stationed outside roll into the cave filled her with glee; she would be rescued! Smirking quietly at the man holding her tied to the chair, she watched with a pleased smirk on her lips as the familiar war axe was embedded into the brute's head, splattering warm drops of blood on her face and dress as the man only croaked out something before his life ended. One by one, all of the bandits fell, leaving only the mountain of a man looking at her. She felt naked under his bright blue eyes, but it was a welcomed feeling. Sabella laughed at the oddity.

"He has come like a thief in the night," she whispered quietly as the Viking approached her, followed by the already familiar wolf hybrid trailing after him. "And one by one dropped the revellers in the blood-bedewed halls of their revel."

The brown-haired man didn't answer as he quickly cut off the ropes from her wrists and ankles, helping the youth stand up from the wooden chair and looking over any serious injuries her kidnappers could have inflicted on the princess' frail body. It was clear that Sabella was no warrior, but she had the spirit of a fighter; in a way, she often reminded him of banshees that would haunt the woods of Norway during the night. A somewhat fond expression appeared on his tanned face and the man leaned over, picking her up and carrying the royal into the crisp air outside. They could talk away from the battlefield.

"You are late, Torsten," she winced as he let her stand on the ground and stretch out her numb limbs. "I was beginning to seriously consider bedding one of them in exchange for some freedom. A lady can go insane surrounded by brutes."

"That is a lie, My Lady," his blue eyes glimmered in the darkness. "Your fiance means too much for you to simply throw everything away. Let us return you to the castle so the ceremony goes off without a single hitch tomorrow morning."

She bit her lip but said nothing. In a way, Sabella longed to be surrounded by adrenaline or danger in her life and not wither away inside of a castle. Living surrounded by a hefty amount of servants and maids was comfortable, but it seemed as if it wasn't the lifestyle meant for her. The daily routine of her bodyguard was a world she yearned to explore; filled with the screams and blood of her mortal enemies, she could ride into battle without looking back once. Glancing down at the dull wedding band present on her left hand, she sighed quietly; it would never come true and she wouldn't be deemed as anything more than a prize for some arrogant prince. She yearned to see her fiance and marry him, but there was something missing.
amnesia.
Black Belt

- character interview 1

Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:56 pm

• 1. What are your character’s thoughts and feelings about the supernatural?
                given that he'd a demon it comes naturally that he believes in what humans would call the supernatural, and for the most part he'll get along with just about any creature as long as they don't interrupt his naps
                if he were to be honest then penemuel would say that he's never really thought that far ahead, he's always been more of a live in the moment type of person rather than planning that far ahead into the future. if he had the choice then he'd say he'd probably prefer to live out his older years with kaede
                admittedly he isn't much of a reader, though some of the books he's taken a liking to over the years would be the lord of the rings trilogy
                probably somewhere cold; he isn't overly fussy about location, but colder weather equates to more nap time for him, which is something he just won't pass up
                the term family comes as a rather convoluted one to him- he's close to only a few of his family members, and even then the relationships can be a bit strained at times. he views family as the people that are there for him rather than the ones that are related to him through blood, the most prominent of which being kaede
                not in the romantic sense, no. in terms of being hurt by family, then yes, and the answer as to whether he would trust them again would be a definitive no
                somewhat? not overly though
                he'll definitely try to avoid it if he can, and if not then he'll either revert to walking away, trying to talk his way through it or sleeping the stress away. he prefers to stay out of mostly negative situations if he can, and being the type not to be easily flustered it would take a lot for him to show signs of stress
                his first thought would be that forgiveness is subjective to the person itself and down to the individual scenario. he has no qualms or judgements about whether others forgive easily, but if in relation to himself then he's a little cagey. he tends to keep others at an emotional arm's length, so if someone does manage to betray or upset him after getting past those barriers then it can be difficult to earn his forgiveness
                his thoughts could vary anywhere from the colour of the wall opposite to whether or not he's hungry, there isn't really any one thing his mind drifts towards when he's on his own unless there's something actively troubling him
                people, humans and elongated social interactions
                he doesn't really care all that much for money if he's honest, there might be some excitement to the knowledge initially but he'd be unlikely to spend it on anything large or extravagant simply because he wouldn't be able to decide on what to buy with it
                already being over two hundred years old he finds life to drag on a bit, so the prospect of living forever with very few challenges or things that interest him would be a bit of a disheartening one
                coffee all of the way, he can't stand tea regardless of what flavour it might be as it often leaves a bitter taste in his mouth
                much like his thoughts they can vary from one thing or another depending on what he's done and seen during the day, more often than not waking up and forgetting his dreams shortly afterwards so they're rarely of importance to him
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.
House: Halcyon

AS Afflatus 16 Character Interview One

Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:09 am

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/v ... ?t=3925586
(needs name)

Well, he finds it interesting, but he doesn’t believe in ghosts, if that’s what you mean. He thinks vampires and werewolves are pretty cool, though.

He hasn’t really thought about it, as he doesn’t even know his own sexuality and romantic orientation yet.

He’s only been reading manga lately, but he likes Scifi and animal books.

Japan, because he loves the culture, but more like Hawaii, because his grandmother was born and raised there. His mother is Hawaiin and Asian. His father is also half Hawaiin, but only his mother’s mother was raised there. They go to visit when they can.

It means absolutely everything, as he has had a great life with his family. He has a twin sister, two younger sisters and a younger brother.

He hasn’t had a broken heart...yet...

Yes, he does, as he was raised in a Christian family.

Depends on what kind of crisis it is.

You should forgive someone if they’ve wronged you by, say, sneaking a toy or game of yours home with them. However....he knows some people would say you’ll feel better if you forgive a murderer or other horrible, evil person, but...he doesn’t know if he could, if they hurt him, someone he cared for, or took away a family member forever.

He thinks about a lot of things. He thinks about school, games, books, friends, cousins, crushes...animals, etc.

He doesn’t like that he can’t figure out his own orientation...well, he may be beginning too, though, but still isn’t sure.

He’d start a rescue for animals, or a program for kids, and have a small place built for it.

He wouldn’t mind, that would just give him even more time to discover his orientation, and finally find his soulmate. He’d be sad when they die, though... Unless they were immortal too, bc who knows, maybe they would be.

He likes juice...but apple cinnamon and honey lemon tea are pretty good. He doesn’t drink tea that often, though.

If you mean when he sleeps, he doesn’t really remember, unless it’s a really odd dream. He daydreams sometimes, about pups, cats, and even foals.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.