AS Afflatus: Issue Nineteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Make sure you read the Reminders Post again!

Okay
27%
Will do
13%
I did
60%

Total votes: 15
Gamora.
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview

Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:42 pm

1. What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?
                  Not applicable. It's not something looked into in her culture.
                  2. Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.
                  "Losing Peter, losing the team, and my Father." The three all go hand in hand to some degree. Her life was a horrible disaster when she was under the hands of Thanos, and ever since meeting the Guardians and Peter, her life has been nothing short of extraordinary. However, she fear it will all come to end some day. That something will tear her apart from her family and the man she loves. And she fear that something will be Thanos.
                  3. Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.
                  Gamora likes weapons (specifically her Godslayer), any form of an adrenaline rush (fighting, working out, etc.), and baths. Gamora dislikes showing too much public affection, her past, and when Peter drives her insane.
                  4. What are their turn ons and turn offs?
                  "A man who wants nothing but sex and is obnoxious is a turn off, which is what Peter used to be. A man who is caring, sweet, and big-hearted is a turn on, which is what Peter is now. Or what he always was and I just didn't see it. Honestly, everything about Peter turns me on. Don't tell him that though. He doesn't need me to stroke his ego any further."
                  5. What is their ideal first date?
                  "Just spending time with one another, getting to know one another. Peter I got to do that by saving the Galaxy, I suppose."
                  6. How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?
                  "A bit of both."
                  7. What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?
                  It doesn't matter to her in the slightest. She enjoys getting drunk and doesn't care what people due to modify their bodies.
                  8. What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
                  Religion is a bit irrelevant to her. There is no way there can be any form of higher power after seeing all the shit she has.
                  9. What is their relationship like with their parents?
                  Gamora's family was murdered by her adoptive Father Thanos at a young age. Her relationship with him is incredibly negative. He's a toxic and evil man.
                  10. Where do they see themselves in 5 years?
                  "With Peter and the other Guardians, still defending the Galaxy I hope."
                  11. What is the first person they notice about someone new?
                  "What weapons they have on them and if they seem like a threat or not."
                  12. What is the pettiest thing they have done?
                  She believes she doesn't do petty things, but probably did something like being passive aggressive towards Peter.
                  13. What is the nicest thing they have done?
                  Probably when she got Peter another Walkman after his broke. And letting him in.
                  14. What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
                  Everything Thanos did to her. It made her who she is today, the good and the bad.
                  15. What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
                  "Every bit of affection and love Peter gives me. It's more than I could have ever imagined or ever ask for."
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

talk marvel to me and send me vines please.
    gamora still is and always will be my number 1

i luv u bitchhh - bestest pal in the entire galaxy

[x][x] pirate [x] dnd group rp [x][x] n0mad
    [x] python [x] algo [x] incandescence [x] snow
    [x][x] jazzy [x] newt [x] beyond blood [x] sin bin
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
sylver
Green Belt

Member Interview

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:05 pm

• 1. How did you get into roleplaying?
    i was a member of this german, video game-related site as a kiddo (you know, one where users could ask and answer questions, rate video games, discuss them, etc). one day, i was approached by someone advertising their pokemon-related forum/website and ended up joining it. after i asked my parents for permission, of course, because young me was a goody two shoes lmao. that's where i was first exposed to a lot of stuff, including written, paragraph style roleplaying.

2. What was the first character you ever made? Do you still use them?
    i honestly couldn't tell you. i do have a character who's based on a super old OC of mine, mirabelle, but she wasn't the first.

3. What is your favorite character you have made so far?
    bold of you to assume i could just choose one of my characters. :eyes: i do really love calladin a lot though, i'd gladly die for him. also, my bitch elf wizard sylmahs, but i don't have a profile for the little bitch yet, so calladin will have to do.

4. What tip would you give to other role-players?
    never think you're a bad writer. sometimes, when i read pieces by roleplayers/writers and see their amazing style, i get incredibly bitter about my own. it's never a bad thing to want improve, nor is it a bad thing to look at someone else's writing and go, "wow! this is so good! i wish i could write like that!" it is, however, bad to focus only on the good in their writing and the flaws in your own. it really won't do you any good.

just... keep going. keep writing. let those amazing pieces by others inspire you, but never compare your style to theirs, never put your own down. write because it's fun. because you enjoy it. because you want to. maybe your style is different, yes, but how boring would it be if everyone wrote the exact same way? i guarantee you someone else out there sits in front of their screen and reacts to your writing the same way you react to writing that you admire.

it doesn't matter if you like to describe things in simple terms, or if you use big, fancy words. it doesn't matter if you prefer keeping your grammar and sentence structure easy to read, or if you enjoy weaving intricate, complex paragraphs that might require careful reading. just put your heart into it! there's nothing worse and more obvious than writing that lacks passion. every writer has their weaknesses, and every writer has their strengths. you'll find a style that suits you eventually, and you can always keep practicing as well! i can also guarantee you that most people will never be as hyper-aware of the "flaws" in your style as you are. hell, they might not even think of them as flaws at all! it's true, an artist is their own worst critic.

summed up, just never lose your passion for writing. there's nothing worse and more obvious than art that lacks passion, especially when it comes to written art.

5. What is the longest running role-play you had?
    n,,, next question, i really couldn't tell you either orz i'm pretty sure the RPs on that pokémon site went on for months, possibly even years? the site has been down for literal years now though, so i can't exactly check haha

6. At what age did you start roleplaying?
    hmm, i think i was around ten, eleven years old?

7. Were/are you into reading other people's roleplays?
    i was more interested in writing myself, but yeah, if something caught my interest i'd definitely read along too!

8. Did you start with a group rp or a 1x1 rp first?
    i participated pretty much exclusively in group RPs

9. What fandom or genre did you first love to rp?
    pokémon, if it wasn't obvious yet. and, of course, edgy teens with powers, school for the supernatural, sparkle wolf packs, etc. you know, the usual.

10. Looking back, what was a Mary Sue/Gary Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?
    hmm, that's actually a good question! i don't really remember much about the characters i used back then. does the dark and troubled past trope count?

11. What website/forum did you first start roleplaying on?
    like i said, a german pokémon-based forum. don't ask me what it was called.

12. Have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying?
    i mean, definitely? i only started getting access to a computer when i was... six, seven, eight years old? it's only normal that my typing skills would improve. roleplaying helped, but it definitely wasn't the only reason i improved.

13. Has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future?
    it gave me the very unrealistic hope of incorporating writing into my job one day, but i honestly wish it hadn't, haha. just makes me more bitter about life.

14. What are your favorite things to roleplay today? Are the same as the past?
    i still enjoy fantasy, and i still do fandom-related stuff, but my interests definitely have shifted away from "wow look at this edge"... for the most part, anyway.

15. Do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older?
    probably. gotta stick to something that makes me happy, after all. if that something helps me get away from reality and allows me to slip into characters i can only dream of being? even better.
┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
cyril, 21, they/them, infp-t, gemini, greyromantic asexual, true neutral/neutral good, german
my golden heart, my rp search, my afflatus stuff, my toyhouse, my goodreads, may playlist

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
Gamora.
Black Belt

Member Interview

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:24 pm

• 1. How did you get into roleplaying?
      When I was in 7th grade my friend introduced me to CS for the pets. I grew to learn about roleplaying and haven't stopped since.
      The first one I really remember was Nakia Steele. I still use her. Not in any current running roleplays, but she's been in a lot and I will continue to use her.
      As above, Nakia Steele.
      Just write and don't worry about word count. Half the time, the pointless drabble isn't even helpful to your partners to write a reply. I used to not write anything below 1000 words, but those posts were really rough and had nothing useful. Naturally coming up with that amount, which I did at times, is fine, but don't force anything.
      Currently the sin bin. We aren't even halfway through our planned plots and just keep adding ideas xD
      7th grade. I don't know how old I was.
      I creep and maybe read a post or two but that's about it. Unless its Starmora, then I would read, but there's no other ones on here xD
      I started a 1x1 with the friend that introduced me to CS, then moved to doing a lot of group, then I've been doing 1x1 ever since. I've done the occasional group RP, but not many.
      Horses. I used to roleplay that a lot. But something that has been sticking for years is Marvel. My first marvel RP was clintasha, which was also my first username here!
      10. Looking back, what was a Mary Sue/Gary Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?
      Probably a tragic backstory I guess? Though I don't think that really applies to Mary & Gary though.
      CS. Then AS.
      Not that I've noticed, but I'm probably faster than I was when I first started.
      Not at all, no.
      Pretty much. Marvel, supernatural (werewolves, etc.), dark themes/plot. Though I'm more willing to RP straight pairings now when I was solely lesbian pairings for a few years. My fandoms have changed a bit, apart from Marvel, but I've always been into fandom related roleplays.
      Probably for as long as I can type or as long as this site exists.
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x

talk marvel to me and send me vines please.
    gamora still is and always will be my number 1

i luv u bitchhh - bestest pal in the entire galaxy

[x][x] pirate [x] dnd group rp [x][x] n0mad
    [x] python [x] algo [x] incandescence [x] snow
    [x][x] jazzy [x] newt [x] beyond blood [x] sin bin
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Member Interview

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 am

1. How did you get into roleplaying?
On CS, i think someone convinced me to rp with them or something.

I can’t even remember, I’m pretty sure it was an animal.

Probably my fox deity Amuro, or my kitty boy Stark; I freakin love em.

Just keeping RPing and find topics that are fun or interesting. Also, if you get writer’s block, either tell your partner or the RP creator, they usually understand. Leave your computer or device and go for a walk, listen to music, etc, then come back.

A 1x1, i think, because the person kept coming back, but I haven’t heard from them...Or this school fantasy rp that the first two versions had like 500 or 700 pages, and the third got to like 120.

I think 2011? so middle school.

Sometimes, if the synopsis was interesting.

Group.

Animals.

I’m not sure?

CS. I believe I got CS before DA.

A bit.

I mean, not really. I still want to work with animals.

Anime fandoms, animals, fantasy. The animals are the same.

Probably, unless something happens to me.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

Character Interview 1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:55 am

https://www.deviantart.com/spiritstar3/ ... -695863819
Jessie

Cancer. (tenacious, highly imaginative, loyal, emotional, sympathetic, persuasive; -moody, pessimistic, suspicious, manipulative, insecure)
There’s so many on G00gle, but I’m goin with this one I think is amazing: A Cancer’s love is one of a kind, very romantic, most caring person you will ever meet, creative, most will take you under their wing and into their hearts forever, not a fighter, someone you should hold on to.
A lot of this fits her, aside from manipulative and insecure, and pessimistic.

2. Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.
Losing loved ones; a painful death; her kids dying before her. Those are all rational...Nope.

Nai...jk. ALL her friends; Pudding; Animals
Bullies...Bees; Broccoli

Honesty, humor, a good heart, if they love animals, respect, spirit, determination, sometimes showing intelligence, rubbing their fingers on her hand.

Rudeness, cigarettes, bullying, harmful behavior (like biting too hard or causing blood), lying, disrespect, laziness

Pfft, with Nai...maybe a cute cafe and then a walk in the park, or going to play with cute animals.

Reasonable, when she actually listens to music.

Drinking and drugs are bad, piercings are not really worth it. Tattoos are too painful...

8. What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
She’s fine with it. She’s not exactly human, so...but her family believed (believes) in God.

It’s great, actually.

In the same place she is: Circus, with everyone she cares for and loves.

11. What is the first thing they notice about someone new?
How they (the other person) act towards others they’re meeting.

Well, Jesse took her pudding once, so she hid his favorite cookies. He got them back, though.

She gave Nai one of those special Japanese puddings. He loved it.

Nothing, unless you consider Jesse taking her last pudding. She got over it.

On one of their stops to a town, Nai and Jesse covertly bought Jessie a bunch of cup puddings, as an apology from Jesse. She was super happy about it.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

Character Interview 2

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:56 am

https://www.deviantart.com/spiritstar3/ ... -695863819
Jesse

Gemini.
Gentle, affectionate, curious, adaptable, ability to learn quickly and exchange ideas; -Nervous, inconsistent, indecisive (i found more)
All of the positives, yeah. None of the negatives...though talkative is apparently one.

Actually, same as Jessie.

Books, Jessie, his friends
Bullies, sudden loud noises, feeling watched (because of the dangers)

Honesty, humor, good heart, animal lover, intelligence, respect, spirit, determination, his ears are sensitive so touching them or kissing back there can.

Rudeness, cigarettes, bullying, harmful behavior (like biting too hard or causing blood), lying, disrespect, laziness (lol, literally the same as Jessie)

He hasn’t actually thought about it.

He listens at a reasonable volume.

Doesn’t like drinking or drugs; doesn’t mind tattoos or piercings on others, but won’t get any himself.

Same as Jessie.

It’s great.

Same as Jessie.

11. What is the first thing they notice about someone new?
How the person acts towards others.

Nothing, actually. He didn’t even get back at Jessie for the cookies.

Going with Nai to buy those puddings for Jessie.

No one has really done anything mean to him, unless you count people threatening him or attacking him, and they just do that to anyone they see as involved with or protected by Circus.

Jessie gave him his cookies back. She actually didn’t even hide them that well...This was what spurred him to go buy her pudding.
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt

Prompt

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:57 am

https://www.deviantart.com/spiritstar3/ ... -778184273

She is as beautiful as she is deadly.

(Peaches, Boomer and the humans belong to Far Cry 5. I’ve been RPing her on a kid friendly site, and I love it; using the quote for something when i figure it out)

The brown-blue heterochromatic Cougar mewed as she looked back at Boomer, wanting to purr. However, right now required silence, and that mew had been a slip up. They were hunting rabbits, a good food source out here. The cougar silently stalked the trail, a trail made by humans but often used by animals as well. “Peaches.” one man whispered, gesturing her with a hand. The other had directed Boomer off the other side of the trail. She twitched her nose, smelling rabbit, and began to stalk it. She came up on the unsuspecting animal, pouncing and easily dispatching it. Triumphant, she dropped it at the man’s feet, purring. Boomer had caught his as well, and now they moved to catch two or three more. They had a grand old feast that day.

The moment they came upon the rundown shack, days later, Peaches already felt something was off...A hoard of men and women came rushing from within to prove that hunch just right, and the cougar rounded on them with a snarl...she’d been distracted by a cat. She hissed and growled as she stalked towards them, at the command of the man. He and the other man simultaneously gave her and Boomer orders, and shot people down. She took apart at least half a dozen of them, there being about fifteen people in total. When everything was said and done the man wiped up her muzzle and paws, earning mewls and purrs. He smiled as he pet her, the other man doing the same for Boomer. She rounded again at a voice, but came face to face with a harmless old man. He let her scent him, then gave her a few scratches and pets.

Smiling, the old one looked to the men. “She is as beautiful as she is deadly. You have a fine dog there, as well.” he said. The man thanked the old one, the other man doing the same, then the old man was on his way. Boomer yipped and Peaches mewed, the men looting the place then moving on, their faithful companions beside them.

(wc: 349)
Last edited by Spiritstar3 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #1

Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:42 am

Image Image
          • What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?
            Noah was born in mid-September, therefore, he is a Virgo. A hardworking and practical man, he's often described to be very shy towards other people. It's not unusual for him to criticise his flaws and close himself off whenever arguments are forming, often choosing not to participate in quarrels. Noah is a careful man as he usually pays attention to even the smallest of details in hopes of keeping his interests safe and unharmed. He is sensible and does not make foolish or rushed decisions, even if they might benefit him in the long run. Noah fits the description of people born under this sign, as he is rather methodical and logical when approaching the world around him.

Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it?
            xxx1. He dislikes changes and fears of not being capable of adhering to them fast enough. There are no particular reasons behind this fear of his, but Noah finds it almost impossible to beat or control as it shakes him to the very core and makes him incapable of doing anything but worrying over his future. It makes him feel helpless.
            xxx2. Spiders are another thing which can easily make him freeze up. While not the subject of a large fear of his, Noah cannot stand them and will do everything in his power to stay away from anything with eight legs.
            xxx3. Like many people of his standing, he is afraid of failure and embarrassment. This is a fear from the years of his childhood - Noah had grown up in a rather strict family and while his relationship with them is good, they often spent time criticising his decisions or actions, often scolding him if things did not work out. His father was often rougher and didn't shy away from using his belt to ensure that Noah knew not to mess up again in his life.

Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.
            xxx1. He likes animals. While mostly fond of reptiles and dogs, he's not opposed to cats or anything else found in the kingdom of animals, as long as it is not a spider. He was never allowed to keep an animal companion during his younger days and only got his current pet, Iris, just a couple of months after moving to live in the capital.
            xxx2. Another big part of his life is literature. Having grown up in a family made of different cultures, Noah was introduced to a lot of writers and books over his childhood. With time, he developed a sense of respect towards people like that and decided to also become a man of the quill once he grew up. He is still a fan of reading.
            xxx3. Languages have always played a big part in his life. Being multilingual himself, Noah wishes to learn as many different ways to communicate with people before he dies and has so far mastered the art of speaking in all of the following languages - English, German, French, Russian. He's also begun learning the basics of BSL.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            xxx1. He's not a fan of loud noises. Noah has very sensitive ears and even the sound of people talking with raised voices is enough to create a headache or irritate the man. Because of this, he prefers to remain in solitude.
            xxx2. Intimacy often makes him feel uncomfortable, especially when people display it very openly in public places without caring about decency. Even though Noah isn't asexual and has had a fair share of partners in the past, he doesn't agree that being intimate is a must to have a successful relationship. He dislikes public affection.
            xxx3. The third main thing he dislikes seeing is untidy rooms. Noah himself isn't the most organised of people, but he doesn't throw things around or leave his rooms in disarray. Seeing clothes lying around or books laying on the floor makes him feel disgusted and the man often pushes the owner of the mess away or shut them out.

What are their turn-ons and turn-offs?
            xxxNoah is attracted to intelligence and cultural sophistication. A homophobic, racist or sexist person could never be a good partner of him. A gentle heart and a soul filled with compassion are two very important attributes that people must have in order for Noah to appreciate them. Physically, he always looks at a person's eyes and their smile in order to read them and find out if they're being genuine or lying to him. Noah's overall not very picky.
            xxxAn untidy, manipulative and radical personality is something that disgusts him. Despite his own upbringing in a family very true to their morals, Noah has grown up learning to accept people different from him and not too common in his life - he wishes for nothing more but for others to follow in the same path and learn that everyone deserves kindness and compassion. People who tend to gossip a lot are also not liked by the young linguist.

What is their ideal first date?
            In spite of not being old-fashioned, Noah likes to spend the first time of meeting a new person somewhere quiet and comforting, be it a smaller restaurant or a nice picnic in the local park. If he believes his new partner is understanding and likes him back, it's not unusual for him to offer to visit the library or spend the day walking around in the city and finding new secrets they both aren't aware of. However, due to how boring the idea actually sounds, Noah has had a rather difficult time finding people who'd enjoy spending time quietly with him, getting to know him better. And while the world is changing around him, Noah refuses to abandon his traditional morals.

How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?
            As mentioned earlier, his sensitive hearing forbids Noah from being around loud noises for too long. Due to his natural shyness, he doesn't like bringing attention to himself and likes to stay under the radar. Most of his music is either listened through earphones or in the privacy of his own flat, where it's still peaceful and not loud enough for anyone else to hear. The music that he allows to play louder than normal is classical music and folk songs.

What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?
            He's alright with them as long as they're done in moderation. Not a big fan of piercings, Noah doesn't have any of his own but also doesn't judge people who choose to pierce themselves instead of getting tattoos. The latter is a form of art to him and the youth hasn't shied away from getting one on his shoulder in memory of his deceased older sister. Drugs, as well as alcohol, are often tolerated less by him since Noah has met a lot of people who have overdosed or are unable to stop drinking. Noah doesn't stop people from doing what makes them feel good and comfortable but he himself would never try drugs and drinks on important events. He dislikes such things.

What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
            Noah is a tolerant man. While his family wasn't overly religious apart from a couple of particular members in the household, he grew up respecting people making their own choices and following whatever deities they worship. He doesn't believe in anything supernatural or in the afterlife; he's certain that everything will be over once he dies and no amount of good deeds will be able to bring him back. Over the years, he has shown signs of interest when it comes to the ancient Pagan religions and their gods, but he's not thinking of following them during his life.

What is their relationship like with their parents?
            It's very good, actually. While he has left his hometown of Norwich and moved to the capital in order to secure a better position and do what he loved, Noah hasn't forgotten his roots and comes home to visit his family every now and then. A large part of his family unconditionally supports his choice to become a lecturer and spend most of his free time writing books and developing his creative side. A couple of his relatives aren't as understanding as his closest family but they're all on civil terms with each other as he doesn't like fighting about any of his choices.

Where do they see themselves in 5 years?
            Noah would like to have written a couple of books by the time he's thirty-nine years old. He's not certain if there would be any major changes in the university or in his personal life for something unexpected to happen once he's older and knows a bit more. He'd also like to eventually settle down with someone and get more pets in exchange for a sense of comfort and security inside of his home. Noah doesn't have any detailed plans for the near future.

What is the first thing they notice about someone new?
            He usually notices their eyes and smile. Noah doesn't really care for a person's body shape - unless they're clearly incompatible with his somewhat active lifestyle - and prefers to delve into his possible partner's feelings instead of evaluating their appearance. He yearns for an understanding and loving person and, in turn, takes notice of how they react to the presence of animals in their vicinity and how their other friends view them. Another big thing that he usually wishes to explore is to see how tidy or messy the person is and also discuss some of their personal opinions regarding specific topics. But his first opinion of a person comes from how genuine their smile is.

What is the pettiest thing they have done?
            He doesn't really hold grudges against other people and he doesn't like taking revenge against those who wronged him in one way or another. However, after having a particularly wealthy student constantly brag about how he was better at French than even their teacher, Noah had ended up speaking to the boy only in French for weeks until the lie was revealed and an apology was received from the student in question. While that did very little apart from embarrassing the boy and teaching him a hard lesson about boasting, it did make Noah feel more responsible for his students. From that day, his course became a bit easier to learn and Noah himself became a bit kinder.

What is the nicest thing they have done?
            While not a religious person, Noah still likes doing good deeds for the community he had grown up in or the city he's living in right now. While he isn't able to do very large deeds for the greater good, he does smaller things and hopes they'll add up to make someone's life easier. The youth believes that the nicest thing he has done for both himself and someone else is the day when he adopted Iris from the local shelter and brought her home as his new companion. The pup had never been happier than the day she was picked up from her cage and brought back to a quiet and safe home to spend her years in. Noah truly believes nothing he's done so far is as selfless as this.

What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
            Because of his homosexuality, the meanest things in his life are the insults and indecent offers he receives from people during the time spent outside. Noah is a private man, but he doesn't truly understand how to hide from the abuse of other people and can sometimes escalate arguments by saying the wrong things or accusing people of being bigots. Even if he doesn't like putting himself in the centre of attention, he used to defend his honour and pride by challenging those being mean to him, which often ended in him coming home bruised and bleeding. Nowadays, he's come to accept that society will always value 'normal' people more than its unique communities and he simply does his best to ignore whatever threats are coming towards him. His dog defends him now.

What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
            Sometimes quick to panic over the most trivial of things, Noah doesn't have a lot of people to sit with him during an incoming panic attack or make sure that he gets home safely. On a particularly rainy day, when he was having difficulty breathing and finding his way back to the suburbs of London, a nice elderly lady brought him to her flat and made sure he didn't leave until the initial danger of hurting himself was over. It was an incredibly selfless thing to do and the main effect Noah received from the lady's kindness was that he also became more aware of people living around him and is often offering his assistance to make sure people are happy and healthy. His students are also often reminded that he's always there for them and that he'll help out with almost every single problem.
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ #2

Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:52 pm

Image Image
          • What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?
            Aetius' birthday is on the 21st of April, which makes him a Taurus. People born under this sign are described to be practical and well-grounded, needing to be surrounded by love and beauty. And while he's prepared to work hard in order to achieve his goals, Aetius is not focused on the material world and hedonism. Very few can say that he is prone to enjoying any physical pleasures, given that he's not a very sensual person. Aetius is rather conservative in his beliefs and is often told be very reliable in times of chaos. He's a realist and doesn't spend too much time daydreaming about possible outcomes of his choices, instead preferring to focus on becoming the victor in any battle or argument. His personality doesn't remind too much of a person born under the sign of Taurus, but there are some qualities connected to the nature of an Earth sign as Aetius is a very patient, simple man at heart.

Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it?
            xxx1. His upbringing and nature often make him fear the possibility of defeat. Being the son of a worshipped deity, Aetius was raised surrounded by warriors and violent conflicts, therefore, he has always been pressurised to win all battles that he might participate in. Failure has never been an option for the youth and he's terrified of it.
            xxx2. Solitude. While it may not appear obvious, he dislikes being alone. There are no particular reasons for this fear of his, but spending a lot of time on his own makes Aetius feel unsettled and nervous. There are times in his life when he prefers to relax with others like him and ponder over humanity's survival in the nearest future.
            xxx3. Aetius, despite not being an experienced scholar, fears the unknown. He prefers to have an understanding of the world around him and being met with a wall of unfamiliarity makes him easily lose stability and go into a panic. He doesn't like surprises and having to solve mysteries often makes Aetius doubt his own abilities.

Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.
            xxx1. In spite of his heritage, Aetius is a creative person. While not a man of the brush, he is fascinated by music and everything connected to it. Having spent quite a bit of time with his mother before her death in his childhood, he was taught how to play a handful of instruments, often pressed to explore his gentler, less violent side.
            xxx2. Even though he's not a materialistic man, he's often drawn to weapons. Seeing a blade being forged by the blacksmith and then watching as it is sharpened and decorated for a skilled warrior has always been interesting to him and that fascination hasn't disappeared over the years. Aetius has also tried creating his own blades.
            xxx3. He loves the ocean. Despite often being associated with the element of fire and chaos, Aetius is generally a serene person, who isn't fond of unnecessary conflicts. Unlike his father, the youth loves sitting on the beach and looking at the blue ocean, wasting his time when nothing calls for his attention. It makes him feel normal.
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            xxx1. He's not a fan of children. While loud noises generally don't bother him, he can't stand seeing others cry for no reason or whine about not getting something they want. Aetius prefers to stay away from small children.
            xxx2. Tears are something that irritates him for no apparent reason. The youth feels that crying is a weakness not fit to be displayed publicly or too often. And while he's not the one to make people bottle up their feelings on a daily basis, Aetius doesn't want to see people cry and be unable to comfort them. It makes him feel unsettled.
            xxx3. Unlike many people, he's not fond of surprises. Being in a situation where he can't predict his enemy's next move or the flow of events makes him feel unsafe and worried about his own life. And while being in a state of panic is somewhat familiar to him, Aetius prefers to stay away from anything he might not know a lot about.

What are their turn-ons and turn-offs?
            xxxAetius is a simple man. A capable girl, who's easy on the eyes and can hold a sword is more than good enough for him. A genuine, honest person is someone that can keep him around for long periods of time and make him truly feel cherished and loved. He doesn't care much if the person comes from a wealthy family. Aetius doesn't mind their choice in attire too much but prefers for his lovers to stay tidy as well as neat when they're with him.
            xxxHe dislikes emotional people and hates it whenever they try to use their feelings to manipulate him into doing something unsightly or embarrassing. Aetius values privacy and finds it displeasing to have people poking into his matters on a daily basis with a constant need to know about his affairs. He dislikes dominant, stubborn women.

What is their ideal first date?
            Frankly, Aetius has very little understanding of how to flirt and make other people feel charmed by him. He never really thought about courting women into becoming his partners and doesn't have a lot of original, creative ideas on how to make others like him more. However, given his personality, Aetius would most likely take them to a quiet and picturesque location, offering a chance to simply enjoy the moment without the rumble of the capital.

How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?
            Given his love of music, Aetius adores being surrounded by it and listening to live music being played in one of the many theatres present in Venice. Being a demi-god, he isn't bothered by loud noises and can withstand standing next to a large drum easily without his ears beginning to hurt. While it doesn't seem like that on the outside, he loves when the sound of music drown out the chaotic buzz of the world around him and makes everything feel peaceful. Due to his nature and the aura of Mars surrounding him, Aetius is drawn to very loud things in general.

What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?
            Aetius doesn't feel responsible for the vices of others. And while he's not prone to modifying his own body with anything else but scars and marks from his battles, the man does have a tattoo left by his father as a reminder of his true heritage and his nature as a half-god. Regarding alcohol and tobacco as a form of making his worries go away for a little while, Aetius would never push away a glass of wine or mead. Smoking, however, is an activity he doesn't wish to partake in and will often tease people who are keen on doing that. While he often means no harm, the young man doesn't like having the scent of smoke filling his lungs or attaching to his clothes and armour.

What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
            No gods were forced down his throat during Aetius childhood, but being the sun of a demi-god, he found it natural to worship his father and all of the other Roman gods out there. He knows that respecting his father is the right way to live his life, therefore Aetius rarely ever chooses to ignore any possible events that might please the gods and shine their favour upon him. While his own strength is more than enough to keep him protected and safe, the man isn't full of confidence like his father and other immortal relatives and simply prefers to be more cautious.

What is their relationship like with their parents?
            Aetius' relationship with his father is strained. His mother died when the youth was only nine years old and he was raised by his the town's women during that, often taken away from Venice for training by his father and the other gods. He loved his mother dearly and wanted nothing but the very best for her. However, Aetius' feelings towards the God of War are mixed as he doesn't always understand his father's reasons for acting one way or another.

Where do they see themselves in 5 years?
            Given that Aetius is generally immortal and doesn't mature the same way as humans do, he often forgets how quickly time passes when he's not focused on it. Five years mean almost nothing to him and the man would most likely be at the very same place as he is right now; searching for his own place under the sun and doing everything he can to be recognised by his father. He doesn't possess a lot of goals in his life and would love to travel around the world in search for something worth fighting for. Aetius is a simple person; he doesn't need a lot to be happy.

What is the first thing they notice about someone new?
            He searches their eyes for a spark that would intrigue him. Very few people seem interesting enough for him to settle down and talk with them. Aetius isn't prone to conversing with others out of sheer curiosity and often wants to see a spark of mischief or determination in their gaze before settling his attention on them. There are a few other things that catch his attention as quickly as the eyes do and even then, Aetius rarely focuses on them for long enough to gather useful information. He truly believes that the eyes are the gateway to the person's soul.

What is the pettiest thing they have done?
            Aetius isn't capable of easily relaxing once something riles him up. While many people have enough patience to wait for the right moment to strike, the youth often grabs his blades and attacks those who wrong him in one way or another, rarely ever waiting to do something more creative. Even if he prefers to think before acting, hearing someone insult him or do something that bashes his pride, Aetius is often incapable of controlling himself. Thus, the man hasn't really done anything that could be understood as "petty". He's a very straightforward person and chooses to settle arguments quickly and without holding a grudge, just because he doesn't have enough interest to do that. And while many people feel unsettled by his choice to use violence for it, he doesn't care too much.

What is the nicest thing they have done?
            Even though he often views humans as fragile creatures, Aetius truly doesn't like seeing them get hurt for no good reason. He often protects the locals of Venice from thugs and bandits, challenging the attackers and making sure that no innocent person is harmed in the squabble. And while people are often frightened by his strength and expertise when it comes to cutting down other humans, they are usually thankful for his efforts in keeping them safe from harm. Even if that sometimes leads to serious damage to property and some other valuable items.

What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
            He's received a lot of abuse from the other gods over the years. A lot of it had to be with him being the child of a god and a mortal human, which meant that he wasn't a part of either species. And while Aetius himself doesn't care too much about his heritage or nature, the constant belittling he grew up hearing has affected his confidence and ability to stay surrounded by people somewhat. In the mortal realm, however, few people dare to challenge his authority or strength and this makes him feel better when compared to his young days spent in the heavens.

What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
            The women living inside of Venice had taken care of him after his mother's death, making sure he grew up into a bright and active young man, who knew his place in the world. And while his father's constant training and tries to create a warrior out of him had some impact on Aetius being rather impulsive when it came to settling disputes, he's still not a bad person and likes to see the bright side of things during most days. He's not a tyrant like Mars.
angelofwarfare
Purple Belt
House: Vipera

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:54 pm

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
xxxx
an interview with...wait, me?

1.)How did you get into roleplaying?:
there was another tab (a regular forums & a role play forum) on a horse sim website. some of the rpg's that the members created looked appealing for me, and I really did have a passion for reading back then, so I went ahead as to join one of these rpg's for the first time. I had no idea what I was doing back then. haha.
2.)What was the first character you ever made? Do you still use them?:
the first non-human character I do not use. it was for a wild horse rpg (the first rpg that I joined). the first human character that I did create I ended up using time and time again. not so much anymore. her name was ashton, and the story behind her was that she originally was supposed to be a male character, but I needed to even out the genders in the roleplay.
3.)What is your favorite character you have made so far?
hah! this is easy! nadia! she is one of my older characters! like, older than five years! she is still my baby! :)
4.)What tip would you give to other role-players?:
hmmmm...try to explore out of your comfort zone? like, if you don't usually play as a male, give it a try? or, if you are only used to writing around 1k or less, try and write a larger length? one step at a time. it is kind of like building blocks. gradually amp it up one level. push yourself. challenge yourself to do better and improve yourself. also, communication! always communicate with your rpg partner. you and your partner are like the parents and that rpg is your baby. take care of your baby and always nourish it with plot ideas, twist implementation,etc.
5.)What is the longest running role-play you had?:
oh jesus. three to four years? it was on the horse sim site. I still remember the title of the rpg. hehe.
6.)At what age did you start roleplaying?:
hmmm...around fourteen or fifteen? late, I know. parents were scared of internet strangers I guess, and didn't give me a laptop until much later.:')
7.)Were/are you into reading other people's roleplays?:
nooooo. idk why but it feels similar to me reading someone else's texts. I don't do it, unless someone tells me, "hey angel! check out this sweet ass rpg I am in." then, I'll probs give it a read.
8.)Did you start with a group rp or a 1x1 rp first?:
group rpgs and drifted along to private pm rpgs and then onexone's.
9.)What fandom or genre did you first love to rp?:
fantasy! oh, I am a slut for fantasy!
10.)Looking back, what was a Mary Sue/Gary Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?:
I can't really remember tbh. like, I tried to make my characters all unique, but not sooo unique that they have sparkly rainbow hair and super unbalanced abilities.I don't think I had a Mary Sue/ Gary Stu?
11.)What website/forum did you first start roleplaying on?:
haha! nooope. not saying what site it is because y'all are internet detectives. I will give you a hint. it was a horse sim website. it is not howrse or equiverse. it is an old site that is surprisingly still running.
12.)Have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying?:
heeelllll yesss! I used to write a few lines, and now I can write a whole lot more! just ask my poor, poor rpg partners that's gotta read all my bullshit! haha. xD
13.)Has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future?:
not really? I roleplay/write as a hobby. even though I had a few people tell me to write for a newspaper,write a book, or something related to writing.
14.)What are your favorite things to roleplay today? Are the same as the past?:
fantasy and futuristic! and yes, still the same as the past!
15.)Do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older?:
maybe?? I do love it, but I may not have the time to partake in this hobby of mine a few years from now unfortunately.