AS Afflatus: Issue Nineteen

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!

Moderator: Admin Aide

Make sure you read the Reminders Post again!

Okay
27%
Will do
13%
I did
60%

Total votes: 15
Gamora
Black Belt
House: Halcyon

Character Interview 2

Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 pm

• ⇜──────────────────────⇝
    nakia steele || pureblood beta
    ⇜──────────────────────⇝
                • 1. What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?
                  Aries. It fits her pretty damn well.
                  2. Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.
                  Nakia likes to pretend she's fearless, when in reality, that's not the case. She's terrified of trusting people, having been shown time and time again that it's just not worth it. She's scared of mundane folks. Humans wouldn't know how to handle their kind if they came out about it, so they have to live their lives in secret in order to protect them. With the threat of the humans coming after them, Nakia is pretty on edge. She is also fearful of love. She just doesn't trust it or see the point.
                  3. Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.
                  "Hunting, running, phasing, pretty much anything athletic. Sex is good too, I enjoy that. My pack is alright I guess, but don't tell them I said that."
                  4. What are their turn ons and turn offs?
                  "Super arrogant and dominant males. Like our Alpha. I don't know what Angel sees in him."
                  5. What is their ideal first date?
                  "Dating isn't really on my agenda right now. Next question please."
                  6. How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?
                  Loud as hell. It annoys her packmates sometimes.
                  7. What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?
                  Considering she has a few tattoos, drinks a lot, and would take drugs if she had the chance, she's alright with all of it.
                  8. What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
                  The purebloods history is really the only 'religious' thing she would follow. She believes in God, but is far from religious.
                  9. What is their relationship like with their parents?
                  Nonexistent. She hasn't seen them in years.
                  10. Where do they see themselves in 5 years?
                  In all honesty, Nakia doesn't know. She'd like to be an Alpha, but with Damon around that wouldn't happen. Not unless he mated her and in no way would she allow for that to happen.
                  11. What is the first person they notice about someone new?
                  "Their scent. Wolf perks."
                  12. What is the pettiest thing they have done?
                  Probably too much to list honestly. She carries baggage and grudges for a long time.
                  13. What is the nicest thing they have done?
                  Nakia doesn't do nice things, or so she thinks so anyway.
                  14. What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
                  "Angel being a whore. It's kinda my own fault for catching feelings but whatever, it was still mean."
                  15. What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
                  "People don't do nice things in this pack. We survive, and that's about it."
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

Afflatus Prompt Submission

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:33 pm

ImageImage

Starring: Samantha McKay
Words: 534

There was one thing the guys learned very quickly about Sam, and it didn't have to do with the fact that she felt like a lost soul looking for somewhere to belong. Oh no, there was something deeper inside of her. Sam was, ultimately, a very sweet girl. Xavier had seen it in her eyes the moment he met her and invited her to join the gang. But as they all started to learn exactly what she could do, she shifted in front of their eyes. You know the majestic lion that sits and bathes in the sun? How beautiful it looks just resting like that. But then in a moment's notice the majestic and beautiful lion can go to being a deadly killer. That was Sam. Eventually it had gotten to a point where they all knew exactly what Sam was capable of doing. She wasn't just the sweet girl who had no home and no family. She was the master of disguise, a master of blending in, and a master at taking people out without any problems.

In a way she was much like Serena. Both girls were incredibly sweet and could be your best friend for life. However if you were to ever get on their bad side or threaten them, that sweet smile could easily turn menacing. But Sam was family and Xavier didn't want to ever see her get hurt. Especially considering she seemed to fancy one of the brothers of Serena. That alone could cause for quiet a problem. From what Xavier knew about Brandon, he was a pretty good individual. Sure he had his moments, but Serena seemed alright with him. Besides he obviously knew how to get jobs done when it came down to it. But Sam, he didn't want to see her hurt. He never wanted to see his family hurt.

But with the need to have a little backup in a few situations should something go wrong, Xavier eventually called Brandon and Sam to help him out. Or well come with him and Serena as their plus one couple to an event. Help keep an eye on the two of them and around them. That was how he had gotten Brandon to show up in a tux and Samantha to come in one of her floor length dresses. Of course Samantha and Serena ended up staying by each other's side for a majority of the evening, giving Xavier the time to find Brandon and speak with him.

"Look, she fancies you. I won't step in between either of you. However you hurt her and you won't just have Serena to deal with. Sam isn't just a girl who is good at a few things. She isn't a sweet one either nor is she innocent, although I think you have already figured that out. She's a beautiful girl, both inside and out. But she is also deadly. One day you will see. She isn't to be messed with." Xavier knew that Brandon wasn't stupid and he wouldn't screw with Sam. But he felt the need to protect his family much like he knew Sam did as well. She was as beautiful as she was deadly.
xxxx
Imagex News: ......
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Snow [X]
Gamora [X] Avenoir []
Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

Member Interview

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:44 am

• 1. How did you get into roleplaying?
      Way back when in fifth grade, my group of friends who played Warriors at recess got Warriors banned, long story. So we moved online! Someone made a site on webs or whatever site was used then and we role played Warriors online! It was full of drama and fights like youd expect of any group of elementary school kids trying to police themselves. Later when that fell apart I moved to roleplaying at lunch with my friend in a notebook we'd pass back and forth, did more webs role plays, moved to blogspot, then CS, and eventually came here!

2. What was the first character you ever made? Do you still use them?
      I honestly don't know with complete certainty, but I think it was a Warrior cat named Starpaw. I definitely haven't thought about it in years, much less used her.

3. What is your favorite character you have made so far?

My thief character, Warren Maxwell.

4. What tip would you give to other role-players?
      Try new things! Challenge yourself! The more you push your own boundaries, the better a writer you will become.

5. What is the longest running role-play you had?
      This is a hard one. It might be on of the ones I had in middle school with my best friends, but I know for certain that the longest running entirely online RP I ever had was one from years ago on CS. It was more like multiple iterations of the same RP, but we posted some thousands of posts over a series of years on the topic.

6. At what age did you start roleplaying?
      5th grade! Over a decade ago! I believe that I was 10 at the time.

7. Were/are you into reading other people's roleplays?
      Not particularly.

8. Did you start with a group rp or a 1x1 rp first?
      Group way way back when, but my first real forum RPs where I wrote in full sentences were all 1x1.

9. What fandom or genre did you first love to rp?
      Warriors all the way! I loved my battle cats.

10. Looking back, what was a Mary Sue/Gary Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?
      Not sure if this entirely counts, but all my characters had to be smart. Good or bad, social or not, every one was marked as being intelligent. I didn't think that, being as smart as I was (please not the arrogance is from when I was like, 10-14; I'm definitely still arrogant now but not,,, like this) I didn't think I possibly could play a character who wasn't the smartest person in the room. I was a joy as a kid.

11. What website/forum did you first start roleplaying on?

Webs I think!

12. Have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying?
      Oh yeah! I still can't type like I'm supposed to, but I am fast at it; and I have found a method of typing that works with the fact that some years ago I have general joint problems in my hands.

13. Has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future?

Not really, but it has given me more confidence in my ability to clearly state my ideas and communicate my thoughts.

14. What are your favorite things to roleplay today? Are the same as the past?
      I'm a huge sucker for medieval plots with some fantasy, as well as science fiction. This hasn't changed much in a few years, though it was a long journey to get here! I went from Warriors to wolves to Doctor Who to Percy Jackson to basically the stuff I love now over my early roleplaying career.

15. Do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older?

Definitely! I love it, plus it forces me to be creative and push myself, so roleplaying is good for me too.

howl
Brown Belt
House: Sagacitas

prompt submission

Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:23 pm

• “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you.” - Maya Angelou

Troy grew up fast. There was nothing Warren could to do stop it. The relentless cruelty of the world they shared assured it.

Before Warren had even met him, Troy had seen more than Warren could ever protect him from. Though Troy was a child, meant to be innocent, meant to be unstained by greed or by bloodlust, he had already witnessed the loss of every single thing he owned but his life. He had witness the deaths of his parents to the plague. He had watched from his spot of hiding the masked figured who raided his house, taking every last item of real or sentimental value while his mother’s body was roughly thrown to the ground, if only to steal the rough burlap on which she had died for scrap. He had counted every one of his ribs. He had seen the crows gather, watching him with hollow black eyes, just waiting for him to succumb to the hunger inside. Warren had taken Troy in when the child was no more than six years old, and already, there was a world of anguish that Warren knew he could never protect the young boy from. All he could do was teach him ways of avoiding such pain in the future; the only thing Warren had been taught himself since the passing of his own parents at the hands of the city guards. How to stay alive. Not how to live, but how not to die.

Warren is a thief, nothing more. The only life he knows, the only life he can give to Troy, is one of stealing. It is a way to survive with more hazards than most; each job is a risk of one’s life. Whether it be at the hands of the city guards or the weapons of the property’s owner, a thief never knows whether or not they will return to the guild with their prize or be left for the vultures that circle the town’s streets. The best Warren can do is teach Troy not only to be a better thief than he ever was but the mental strength necessary to pull it off.

He hates every minute of it. Troy is young and eager to learn. He takes every lesson Warren gives to heart, with a level of enthusiasm and trust that Warren knows will only get the child into trouble. Innocence and naiveté are fatal flaws in this world; and yet, despite the world itself crashing down on Troy’s narrow shoulders, these traits have persisted, strong and bright. Warren is certain that, with the right education, with the right support, Troy could save the world one day.

Instead, Warren must every day chip away at the boy’s natural virtue, breaking him down piece by piece, until one day, Troy will no longer smile, but he will have the skills the survive in this futile world.

It is late. Winter’s sun has long since set, the shadows that Troy watched crawl across the floor like little bugs meandering across the dirt group since consumed by the shadow of the night. He is still awake, counting the lines in the wooden planks of the walls, not knowing why he is doing it, but he is consumed in the task. From across the room, laying in his own bunk of straw and threadbare fabric, Warren watches Troy’s eyes dance around the room.

“Sleep.” Warren’s voice snaps Troy out of his quiet little world, the room suddenly feeling so much darker, so much emptier. “We’re training early tomorrow. You’ll be thankful for the rest.” Warren sees Troy let out a quick breath and turn his back to his mentor, a sign of anger unusual for the young boy. Warren props himself up on his elbow, long since used to the way the sharp cuts of straw poke into his arm as he does. “Is something wrong?” he asks quietly, his voice shifting towards one of gentle concern that he never quite mattered.

Troy is silent a moment before speaking up. “Aldis hit me, and you wouldn’t let me do anything about it. He should have gotten in trouble for being mean, but you didn’t do anything.” There is a clear frustration in his voice that Warren does not miss. “Why not?” he complains, whining now.

“Revenge is dangerous, Troy.” Warren chides. It’s a line he’s told Troy many times before, and one that the boy hasn’t grasped yet. The thief bent on revenge for any slight, big or small, is a thief distracted. Distraction means death in this world. It is better to let the anger go than to let it consume you. “You have to forget Aldis. If his actions lead to anger, than he has won.”

Troy rolls over now. Warren can see the boy thinking, as though he has just come up with some brilliant argument, and is just waiting to prove Warren wrong. “All revenge is bad?” he challenges, not even giving Warren a chance to defend himself before adding, “What about the guards who killed your parents? What if you could get revenge on them?”

Warren closes his eyes, trying to do anything he can to keep his mind from falling back into the dusty streets, the clank of iron, the red of blood on the stones below his feet. If he returns there, even in his mind, he knows he will lose himself again. He almost did, that day. He lost his parents, his home, his hope. Everything he knew, spilled on the earth without a second thought. With his father’s dying gasp, his sanity faded to smoke. He memorized the faces of the two guards as he hid under a farmer’s stall in the nearby alleyway. He committed them to memory. The haunting of the mens’ faces in his dreams was a small price to pay. For years, he waited until he was ready, until he was able. In the dead of night, he snuck into the city barracks, taking their lives in exchange for those of his parents. When they breathed their last, Warren finally found his peace again after so many years.

Troy doesn’t know this. He knows some of the story, but not all. He doesn’t know the bloodlust in Warren’s past, nor the darkness of his mentor’s mind, consumed by a need to exact revenge for the loss of his world. He doesn’t need to. Warren will never tell him. All Warren can do is teach Troy so, when he is old enough to truly understand the meaning of revenge, he will choose his sanity over a fool’s errand. He must be survive, not be consumed. This is the best lesson Warren has to give, protecting the secret he holds closest to his heart. How is he supposed to teach Troy anything if he knows how much his mentor has failed?

“The past is in the past. There does not need to be any more bloodshed.” Warren’s words cause the boy to go quiet. Eventually, the thief hears the rhythm of the young boy’s breath fall to that of sleep while he lays awake, his only hope that he has not yet failed.

1198 words
Cᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅᴇʀ Sʜᴇᴘᴀʀᴅ
Admin
Location: In jail, probably, but that's okay because I work there.
House: Vipera

ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴠɪᴇᴡ

Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:50 am

• 1. How did you get into roleplaying?
      I first started out on a game called WolfQuest! Right when it first came out, I joined in because my mother saw something about it in the paper and thought I'd like it. Well, little did she know that this would be one of the best things for me! I started roleplaying there, albeit rather poorly, before moving on to a game called Impressive Title. I stayed there for years under the username F.E.A.R. or Feary. I made a lot of friends there, some of which I still talk to this day! I moved to The Endless Forest sometime later when Impressive Title was taken offline, but eventually merged to CS, and a year or so later, here I am!

2. What was the first character you ever made? Do you still use them?
      My first character ever was a black wolf with golden eyes that went by the name of Fear. Later changed to F.E.A.R (After a videogame. Of course.) who was a vampiric Lion. I definitely do not use them anymore, but I do have fond memories of him and his family and friends.

3. What is your favorite character you have made so far?
      I adore each and every one of my characters all the same. I do not have favorites, for they are all a piece of me and my creation. That is like asking which child that you gave birth to is your favorite. Impossible.

4. What tip would you give to other role-players?
      Never give up, and never let anyone tell you that Role-playing is weird. If they cannot accept that writing stories with other people is part of your life, they do not belong in it.

5. What is the longest running role-play you had?
      Oh geez. Honestly, I would have to say my Destiny group Roleplay. It's a little dead at the moment, but I love it all the same and look forward to keeping it going for as long as the others tolerate me and my late replies.

6. At what age did you start roleplaying?
      In 2007 when WolfQuest released their first demo! That was a whole 12 years ago! Wow. That would have made me 13-14 at the time.

7. Were/are you into reading other people's roleplays?
      I wander occasionally, as part of my job, but I don't really sneak too far into other people's writing. It's mostly I don't have the time, and honestly would rather focus on my own roleplays. Nothing against anyone!

8. Did you start with a group rp or a 1x1 rp first?
      It's hard to tell with roleplaying games. Both? There were interactions with groups as well as with single characters when I started out.

9. What fandom or genre did you first love to rp?
      At first, it was just my character's life, but as I developed further and further. I loved writing about romance and anything with dark and terrifying worlds.

10. Looking back, what was a Mary Sue/Gary Stu characteristic you often gave to your characters?
      I guess I never really did much of this. Or if I did I've completely forgotten it by now. Likely something with a perfect personality and no health issues. Who knows anymore.

11. What website/forum did you first start roleplaying on?
      Impressive Title forums.

12. Have your typing skills changed over time from roleplaying?
      Oh definitely. No amount of computer classes could help me as much as roleplaying has. I never have to look at my keyboard and have a rather high WPM count. As for writing skills, most definitely that too.

13. Has roleplaying affected what you want to do in the future?
      Definitely! I've been told that I am a pro at writing disciplinary reports and incident reports at work already. All thanks to my way with words and my expanded vocabulary!

14. What are your favorite things to roleplay today? Are the same as the past?
      Anything with an apocalypse, anything with dark and dreary themes and settings, and romance. So.. yep, they're the same! xD

15. Do you think you'll continue roleplaying when you're older?
      Psh what kind of question is this? I'm already halfway to 50 years old. You can bet your ass I'll be that old ass grandma who still roleplays because I can never get enough. I love building worlds, building characters. Shit, maybe I'll write some books in the future. Only time will tell.
Imagei Image x iImage ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
26, female, bisexual. An avid, literate roleplayer. I am into
video games, tattoos, writing fan-fics, and roleplaying. I'm an
administrator here on AS so if you have any questions, feel free to
send a pm! I don't bite I promise!
Normal SearchInstagramExplicit Search
xXCShepardXx on XB1 & PS4
Commander Shepard#3893 on Discord
Muse - 7/10 ☢ Time - 5/10

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
xxImage
xxxx
Gamora
Black Belt

Afflatus Prompt Submission - 1003 words

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:02 pm

"She is as beautiful as she is deadly."
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      There wasn't a part of her that hated how fierce she was. The unnecessary kills of innocent people in her lifetime may have been a regret, but those that deserved it certainly brought a warmth to her chest and adrenaline coursing through her veins. She was talented, had a knack for killing and hardly ever was in danger. Even in the middle of a battlefield surrounding by enemies with swords, guns, and weapons she had no worries. Because she knew she could handle it. Just like now. They were raiding a black market weapons depot run by members of Thanos' army. Nobody important or too dangerous, a bottom level group that just praised the Titan for what he did and assisted in transferring weapons from place to place. This was their hub, and by order of Nova Prime, they were to destroy it and everyone inside. The original plan was to just bomb the place, but for the first time in a while, Rocket's bomb malfunctioned and blew too early. Thankfully, he was quick enough to send it flying out of their path, but now the soldiers knew they were there and were ready to attack in minutes. But so was Gamora.

Before the others even had a chance to decide what to do or make a plan, she surged forward into battle, not hesitating to slice, stab, and kill every last enemy that crossed her path. She didn't know if the others were following, and didn't care. By her trained and advanced vision, she counted about thirty of them. In other words, a breeze. At least for her. This was a pretty small army compared to what she had taken out singlehandedly before. If the others wanted to help, it would be fine by her. If they didn't, also fine. Either way, she wouldn't notice unless they got in the way. Over the years, the Guardians have learned to let her do her own thing and worry about themselves. Gamora fought best that way. When she was able to get into the zone and just kill ruthlessly. Her days of innocent killing were lone gone, but her days of ruthlessness were still upon her. And she loved every second of it.

Swipe after swipe, she took them out, one by one. She made a game out of it, seeing how many different ways she could cause them to cry out in pain and fall to their death. She added up at least ten different ways by the time she got through just over half of the group, not feeling fatigued or tired in the slightest. Gamora loved to work out and be active, but even simple tasks as exercise or sparring got boring. But this, this was the best. And she'd never get tired of doing it. Maybe far into the future she'd think about retiring, hanging her Godslayer on a wall and calling it a day. But that wouldn't be anytime soon, and she knew she wasn't the only one who thought the same. Peter, a man much more than his human race, had a thirst for adventure and fighting as much as she did. Her desire for bloodshed might be a bit more brutal, more aggressive, but they worked hand in hand. That was why they got along so well. The others were the same, safe for Mantis who could hold her own to a certain point, but she just liked to be involved. This was their job. And they all loved it.

As her sword pierced through the heart of the last solider, the creature making a spectacular guttural cry as blood spewed from its lips. She swelled with pride, the slightest smirk tugging at the corner of her lips, her own chest heaving heavy from the results of hard work. She'd catch her breath in a minute or so, it never took her long. Her body was made for this. And literally so. Thanos had made her this way. He modified her body to be the perfect killer and he made no mistakes. She still hated him for what he did and would never forgive the pain and torment he had put her through, but she couldn't deny the incredible warrior he made her to be. She wasn't thankful for him, never would be, but she didn't dislike her abilities. So long as they were used for good.

Gamora took a moment to admire her work, looking around at the fallen bodies surrounding her. The warehouse reeked of blood, sweat, and filth, but it didn't bother her. It was a side effect of her work, proving a job well done. She blew out a breath, body relaxing now that the threat was gone and job completed, though her body still hummed with excitement and pride. She simply sheathed her sword back onto her hip, only now realizing that her teammates were nowhere to be seen. Not in the direct line of fire and fight anyway. She looked over at the open doors of the warehouse, the light from the planet's moon radiating inside, illuminating the figures of her friends who were standing there, just watching. They hadn't helped, she noted, they had just let her take care of it. And it wasn't the first time. It was usually Peter who held them all back whenever Gamora was in the heat of battle. Sometimes he was overprotective, but other times, like what seemed to happen moments ago, he didn't worry.

Immediately her gaze settled on Peter, the amused smirk on his lips and fondness and wonder in his eyes saying it all. "I was right," he said to the others, glancing at Rocket, who looked less than enthused about being held back, Peter clearly having halted them from giving her aid. His gaze turned back to her, arms crossed over his chest, looking as proud as ever. Proud and incredibly and irrevocably in love with her. "She is as beautiful as she is deadly." Gamora couldn't help but smile.
    • ── IT'S JUST SOME]XXX
      XXXXUNSPOKEN THING

┌────────────────────┐
      i'm just your average marvel nerd & starmora
      enthusiast. feel free to pm me about anything.
      still suffering from post-endgame depression.
      julienuhhh100 days of summerstorage

└────────────────────┘

Deer
Silver Belt

Character Interview 2

Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:47 pm

Brandon Hawthorne
xx
1. What is your character's zodiac sign? Do they fit it?
“My zodiac is a Taurus. Their strenghts are: Reliable, patient, practical, devoted, responsible, stable. I'd say I fit most of that. I am only not really stable, I guess. But I am a loyal, patient and practical man. I take my responsibilities and I am devoted to my goal. The weaknesses are Stubborn, possessive, uncompromising, but I don't really see myself within those. Especially compared to Dan, I am nothing like stubborn, possessive or uncompromising. If any, I am the opposite in that case.”

2. Name three things your character fears. Is it irrational? Is there a story behind it? If so, tell the story.
“I don’t really have fears, but if I had to tell you things I am afraid of I do have a few. The first fear I have is for people to find out who the past me is. It is a chapter I closed off a long time ago and I don’t want it to open back up. The second thing I fear would be to lose Serena, as she has proved to be very important to me. Unfortunately I already feel like I lost her. And the final thing I fear is that Dan will fuck up everything so badly that our gang and family falls apart. That fear is rather realistic as well.”

3. Name three things your character likes and three things they dislike.
“I like it to drink beer with the guys, to read poetry when I am on my own and to feel the adrenaline of a job rushing through my veins. Three things I dislike is being unable to do my job, being forced to sit still to heal when injured, and to fight with Dan. But that last thing is something happening rather often.”

4. What are their turn ons and turn offs?
“I don't really have a lot of turn ons and turn offs. Honestly I'm not that busy with like, getting laid. Unlike other people I know. I do like a badass woman who knows how to defend herself.”

5. What is their ideal first date?
“I am not really the romantic guy so honestly I dislike going on dates. They seem so... forced. You have to dress up nicely and all. Nah, I rather spend my night drinking beer.”

6. How do they listen to their music? Loud or reasonable?
“I like to listen to my music loud, as I have an imago to live up to.”

7. What is their opinion on drinking, drugs, tattoos, piercings?
“Well, I do drink, I do drugs and I have plenty of tattoos. So I don’t really have a problem with any of the things you mentioned.”

8. What is their opinion on religion? What religion do they follow or raised with?
“I was raised as a Christian, but I do not practise any of it these days. I know I will rot in hell anyways. But everyone is free to follow their own religion.”

9. What is their relationship like with their parents?
“The relationship with my parents was really good. They were always supportive and I wanted to make them proud. But I failed to do so and haven’t found the courage to face them since. I think they believe I am dead, and it is better that way. I don’t want them to see what their son has become. They would shatter right at the spot.”

10. Where do they see themselves in 5 years?
“All I hope for is not to be dead in five years. I fucked up everything in my life, so that is all I can ask for right now.”

11. What is the first thing they notice about someone new?
“Their whole body language. I became pretty good at reading it in order to judge people.”

12. What is the pettiest thing they have done?
“I faked my own death. I guess that counts.”

13. What is the nicest thing they have done?
“I took Serena under my wing when she had nobody else to lean on. I ensured she would become the strong and powerful woman she is today.”

14. What is the meanest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
“Well, my previous boss, Steve, tried to kill the woman I love… loved. I would say that is a pretty mean thing. It made me riot against him and eventually quit. Ever since I vowed to protect her. She just has something special about her.”

15. What is the nicest thing someone has done to them? How did it affect them?
“Back when I was in the army, I had a K-9. His name was Diego, and he served loyally at my side. He was my second set of eyes. We really bonded over the time spent together, but one day he was hit by a stray bullet and did not survive. I was pretty devastated about it, but one of my army buddies, Arthur, helped me work through the loss. I had to pick up the pieces and move on real fast, but without Arthur I hadn't been able to do that.”

Hi, I am Deer! I love coding and spend a fair part of my
life doing it. I like Arrowverse, a lot. My inbox is always
open if you feel up to chat (about anything) or need some
help with BBCode. Check out my superhero group rp!

==================================================
BooSisPotato 100 DoSTo Do
==================================================
All this time I was finding myself, I didn't know I was lost

Imagex

Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴀғғʟᴀᴛᴜs ᴘʀᴏᴍᴘᴛ

Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:42 pm

-- Maya Angelou
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
mentions;; lilith, ray | tags;; mentions of blood and death | word count;; 1,092

• It was raining. A violent chill ran up her back, causing her to almost drop the reins and fall out of the saddle. The dampness clung to the black mane of her stallion, droplets of icy water landing on her face whenever the road made a sudden turn. With a grunt escaping her lips, she tightened her grip on the leather reins, sending a glare at the black-haired man in front of her. She didn't need his pity. Ignoring the spark of worry reflected in his blue gaze, she rode ahead, catching up with him as the hooves of their mounts sank deeper into the muddy roads. The storm was roaring loudly above the fields; it soon became apparent to her that no one would be reaching the city on that night. Only a few meters were visible as their horses trudged forth and soon enough, they would disappear, too. She patted the neck of her mount, bringing him to a stop. The rain poured down on her mercilessly.

"Princess?"

"Not anymore," her reply was curt, urging him to drop what didn't belong to her anymore. As the man brought his steed closer to hers, they exchanged glances, understanding each other without the need to communicate aloud. Still, she was quick to raise her voice and roar louder than the feral storm howling above them. "We must find shelter. The forest is impassable with the storm and the undead roaming around. Unless we seek for death."

There were few protests coming from him as the black-haired man nodded, his blue eyes partially obstructed by the slick, damp locks falling over his face. She was certain her appearance was no better, shining from the downpour and pale because of the chill. In a few seconds, the pair was quickly galloping through the woods as fast as they could, two pairs of eyes desperately peering into the darkness of the forest, searching for anything that would keep them out of the storm. And as the pained moans of the undead monsters lurking in the shadows became deafening, the silhouette of a mostly abandoned shack reached the corners of her eyes. It was brittle and frail, creaking loudly in the night, but it would be enough for them.

Dismounting and leading their soaked horses inside, the pair spent a moment of tenderness to look over each other, silently checking for bruises on the other's body. Pleased with their examination, the two finally allowed themselves to sink on the ground, ignoring the dust clinging to their armour as the rain pattered outside, finally unable to reach their already soaked clothing. The life of a fugitive was difficult, but it had its own rewards. Little things were always peeking over the horizon, presenting themselves as their own small victories in a world filled with danger. Every day, no matter how unlucky or painful it was, held a lot of meaning. A tender smile found its way to her pale lips as the two sat together, looking at the storm outside.

"Lilith," the man finally spoke up after what felt like decades of silence, looking at her through narrowed eyes. Water was dripping from his eyelashes and falling on his robes, mixing with the drops of rain clinging to the enchanted armour. "Are you feeling alright? It seems like you are unfocused."

"I am fine, Ray," her reply was, once again, curt and fairly irritated. The glint in her silver eyes was more than enough to reveal she had no wish to speak about her grumpy attitude. Unable to keep her attention on him, Lilith folded her arms over her chest, bringing her knees closer and glaring at the dirty ground in front of her. "It has been two years since we left. And do we have to show anything for the lands we explored and the creatures we fought? Is there anything we can boast about when we meet up with our fellow adventurers? It feels like we have done nothing worth telling tales about."

"I sincerely doubt you left our home in search of fame, My Lady."

For once, she had no retort. Lilith's mouth flew open a couple of times, a choke-like sound escaping her lips as she watched the dark walls around her blankly, not knowing how to answer his insightful statement. He wasn't mistaken; something else had driven her from the safety of their underground village and the wealth and fortune promised to her. Slowly, her grey eyes moved to rest on her hands, examining the tiny scars and bruises visible on her fingers. It didn't take long until the familiar crimson liquid began spreading over her skin, coating every single patch in fresh blood. Lilith didn't panic, already used to seeing the embodiment of her sins; no one else but she had the blessing of witnessing her poor choices manifesting into a trick of her own mind. Smirking quietly at the blood dripping from her fingernails, the youth didn't answer, her thoughts already drifting to the past.

Two years ago, she had realised just how painful loss could be. How bad it felt to know she was useless and couldn't do anything right. Two years ago, her hands were soaked in the blood of who had once been very close to her, almost like a sister Lilith had never had. During that fateful evening, she had grown up much too quickly for a spoiled, naive girl she had been. And now, she was reaping the fruit of what her choices had done, bringing more suffering to those she left behind as she rode into the sunset together with her loyal bodyguard. But death followed, lurking around every single corner and plaguing her with the guilt of that Lilith had sworn to keep deep inside of her until her own demise. It never stopped hurting. It never ended.

"You are not wrong, my friend," Lilith replied, her voice softer and not as aggressive. Her eyes dulled as the youth leaned against his side, looking at the tranquil scene of their horses and the storm bellowing outside. Life went on and she couldn't be left behind by her own life. "I never wanted fame."

She wanted peace. To sleep without having nightmares of her deceased friend's dead eyes looking at her and seeing nothing. Of feeling the blood run through her fingers and soak her armour as she laid there, dying. Waking up with no one apart from Ray and their mounts being there for her.

But that was a story for another day.
ichor.
Admin Aide
House: Halcyon Keeper

Re: AS Afflatus: Issue Nineteen

Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:00 am

Any post/submission made after this will not count towards points. Make sure to participate in the February issue!