AS Afflatus: Issue Twenty

Where you can find all published issues of the Advanced Scribes Afflatus, our very own newsletter!
Kael
Silver Belt
House: Halcyon

OTP Quiz #1

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 am

ImageImage
Mr. & Mrs. Woods
1. Who would hog the blankets at night?
“I think that I am the one who hogs the blankets at night. Even if I mostly am curled up against Xavier I do like the warmth.”

2. Who tends to fuss over the other the most?
“Oh, definitely Xavier. He always wants to make sure that I am doing alright and that I have everything I need.”

3. Who does the cooking?
“I do! Or well, the further I get along in my pregnancy, Xavier cooks some simple dishes as well. But I like cooking much more as Xavier does.”

4. Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?
“I don’t think either of us ever really leaves the pizza crusts. I like to nibble on them and still think they are enjoyable and I think Xavier does the same.”

5. Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?
“Xavier is definitely the one to take care of the spiders and all of that. However, if it involves snakes, then we will probably have to call someone as we are both afraid of those creatures.”

6. Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?
“I think that is Xavier. I tend to pull away if someone really hurt me and it can take me days to overcome such situations. Xavier is always better at dealing with such situations, something which I admire.”

7. Who is the pet more attached to? (or hypothetical pet)
“Well, Felix is definitely more attached to Xavier. George is more ‘my’ cat. I suppose that is because redheads stick together. Pablo is basically everywhere but seeing as he and George are great friends I’d like to think Pablo is the most fond of me either.”

8. Who keeps their space cleaner?
“I do. I’m so used to cleaning up after myself and not to leave any trash behind that I am always picking up spare pieces of trash. But when it comes to finances and everything on paper, Xavier is definitely better at keeping those things clean.”

9. Who cries at the end of romantic movies?
“I do. Not only at the end, but also during the movie. I’m a big softie for romance.”

10. Who takes longer to get ready for date night?
“Again, that is me. But that is only because most of the date nights basically exist nowadays of Xavier showing up ready to go and telling me to go and change into whatever he laid down for me on our bed. So my husband always has a head start.”

11. Who tends to be more inappropriate?
“I’d like to think that we are both quite appropriate people. Then again, maybe Xavier when he has a guy’s night out? I’m uncertain.”

12. Who is the silly one?
“I think that Xavier would say it is me. I tend to take him out on these silly, normal dates that he has never gone on and loves it.”

13. Who apologizes first?
“Xavier does. Like my brother, I tend to be stubborn and most of the time I need a bit more time to cool down as Xavier.”

14. Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?
“Me. In fact, I did. I drove back to the pound to get George’s friend from there without really telling Xavier.”

15. Who stays up later?
“We tend to go to bed at the same time. But sometimes I’m in bed before Xavier since he still has to arrange some things. It never takes him long, though.”
Kael
Silver Belt

OTP Quiz #2

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 am

ImageImage
Samantha & Brandon
“Oh, that would definitely be Sam. She is a real cuddler even if she wouldn’t admit that out loud. Not that I mind. I like wrapping my arms around her.”

“I think that we fuss over each other equally. Both of us have a strong mind and want to do whatever we want. We are reckless at times when performing our jobs and tend to scold one another about it afterwards.”

3. Who does the cooking?
“We take turns. I don’t want Sam to always cook, even if she has probably a better hand in it as I do. I mean, I can cook perfectly fine but my meals are always simple.”

“I would finish Sam’s pizza crusts in a heartbeat if she had some to spare. Mainly because it seems like I am hungry most of the time, I won’t deny that.”

“I would take care of the spiders and all of that if needed. I’m not really that afraid of things but well, Sam doesn’t really need a hero. She is a badass woman on her own.”

“Me. I hate it to be in arguments and I’d like to make up as soon as possible. If I gathered the courage and figure the time is right. Sometimes you just need to give people time to blow off some steam.”

“If we were to have a pet it would definitely be more attached to Sam. I mean, Xavier’s cats like her much more as they like me, and that is fine.”

“Probably Sam. I tend to be quite messy at times, the only thing I really keep clean and tidy is my gym. But that is because I need it for my job.”

“Well, I sure as hell don’t. I don’t think that I ever saw Sam cry either, but maybe she wails her eyes out on girls nights when they are watching sappy movies. Only because Nathan and Serena both tend to cry about romantic movies.”

“Definitely Sam. I mean, I don’t care much for date nights but she always want to look stunning. Which makes me care a little more for date nights… I’m trying, I promise.”

“Oof, that is tough. I think that would be me because I can easily flare up. Even if Sam is the one to cool me down again whenever I am demanding anything inappropriate.”

“Sammy definitely is. I think I lost my silly side while serving the country. It is hard these days to really loosen up.”

“That is probably me. I hate arguments, especially with the few people I love dearly. I never want to be on Sam’s bad side, as that is not a good side to be on. So I tend to apologize the fastest I can, when I am ready to do so. I only apologize when I am sincere.”

“Probably Sam. I don’t love animals that much.”

15. Who stays up later?
“That’s me, but only because I’m a night owl. I work through the night and most of the time find my bed somewhere near the morning. Sam is more of the early bird around here.”
Kami
Roleplay Moderator
House: Sagacitas Keeper

ᴏᴛᴘ ǫᴜɪᴢ #1

Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Torsten Axelsson & Sabella Ruthermont
  • Who would hog the blankets at night?
    xxxxxIt would likely be Sabella. Torsten grew up in a remote village on the shores of Norway, thus, he is more than used to being cold and sleeping in unforgivable weather conditions. Be it the need to remain warm or just to make a comfortable nest, Torsten wouldn't mind giving up his blanket to satisfy her endeavours. Most of the time, however, Sabella is left to rest alone while the man keeps watching over their surroundings. There's no real opportunity to hog blankets then.

Who tends to fuss over the other the most?
    xxxxxThat depends solely on the problem. While Sabella is prone to fussing over Torsten's wounds and bruises at the beginning of their friendship and relationship, he is more worried about her ability to survive in the cold mountains and oceans they pass during their journey. Of course, he also worries about the bruises or more open injuries she gets over time, but it's more akin to simple caring as her bodyguard instead of fussing over as if she was a completely helpless woman.

Who does the cooking?
    xxxxxBoth of them. Whenever they're away from any major cities and don't really have anywhere else to sleep apart from a cave or an abandoned building, Torsten is usually the one to find the ingredients and prepare their meal. But whenever they're inside a village or even a larger town, Sabella is the one to offer something to eat if they can't find an open tavern. Given her royal heritage, it's a bit odd for Torsten to find out that she's a fairly good cook and he sometimes doesn't let her cook in fear of upsetting some unknown deities or those who watch over the royal family from the heavens. It often makes Sabella laugh at him more than cook.

Who would finish the other’s pizza crusts?
    xxxxxTorsten would do anything for her, even if it means doing activities that she finds repulsive; while pizza isn't exactly a delicacy present in their timeline, he'd certainly be the one to eat them in a modern setting. After spending a bit of time with Sabella, he's prepared to keep her safe and happy. No matter what.

Who would take care of spiders and such for the other?
    xxxxxTorsten. As mentioned earlier, he's prone to taking care of things that aren't exactly appealing to the eyes. He'd try to get rid of what makes Sabella nauseous.

Who is most likely to make up/forgive first?
    xxxxxPossibly Torsten, but it depends on the situation. He isn't a proud man when it comes to making sure his relationships with others are steady and on good terms. If he did something to upset Sabella or anyone else, he'd eventually come over to apologise and see if he could fix things. On the other hand, the princess, like most royals, has a deep sense of pride that sometimes keeps her from immediately apologising or forgiving him for doing things she views as immoral or cruel. It would take a little bit of time in their friendship for all of this to change and for Sabella to realise that Torsten lives in a slightly different world than she does.

Who is the pet more attached to?
    xxxxxAll three of Torsten's pets - his beloved wolfdog Fenrir, a cat named Valkyrie and his loyal steed Mjolnir - have grown attached to the princess and don't view her as a complete stranger. And while Torsten is their true owner and master, they view both of them as precious people and would do everything to make sure their masters are safe. Torsten doesn't mind this and finds it a bit amusing to see that such territorial creatures had grown affectionate towards another person.

Who keeps their space cleaner?
    xxxxxIt depends on how you understand the word 'clean'. Torsten's weapons and supplies are always stacked in neat piles and kept at an arm's reach, put into their place in a system that only he understands and knows how to use. While Sabella is prone to using attractive boxes and crates to store her belongings, she doesn't find the Viking to be untidy or chaotic when it comes to keeping their spaces tidy. While seeing his weapons put into plain view and not into their sheaths could be seen as being unclean, Sabella often doesn't mind it. She finds his lack of boxes and pouches rather feral in an inviting way. In short, they are both tidy people.

Who cries at the end of romantic movies?
    xxxxxSabella. If their timeline offered such possibilities, she would be the one to cry her eyes out while watching the Titanic or similar movies. Of course, whenever she goes to various plays in the city, she often sheds a tear whenever something emotional happens. Torsten is almost unaffected by such feeble things.

Who takes longer to get ready for date night?
    xxxxxOnce again, Sabella. Not only was she born in a time where women were expected to look their best, she is also royalty and her routine of preparing for an outing takes a bit longer than that of a usual commoner. While Torsten isn't the person to go out to see a person he's willing to court dressed in his armour, putting on his trophies and a better tunic doesn't take him as long as it takes Sabella to prepare. He'd never complain about her taking her time to look good, though.

Who tends to be more inappropriate?
    xxxxxNeither of them. While Sabella is more open to conversing with people, Torsten is a loner and refuses to speak with others unless it's absolutely necessary. But both of them have good manners and would never act inappropriately unless someone provokes them. Even then, Torsten usually threatens the enemy and Sabella chooses to stay quiet and let him do the talking. They're not the pair of mindlessly begin speaking of things that should be discussed between closed doors.

Who is the silly one?
    xxxxxSabella is more eager to tell a joke or try and lighten the mood whenever something bad happens. Torsten deems himself above laughing at things that others find funny. He doesn't have a great sense of humour and prefers to keep a serious outlook on life. Sabella isn't very silly on a daily basis, though, either.

Who apologizes first?
    xxxxxMost of the time, it is Torsten. He understands that holding a grudge will bring him nowhere and that staying on bad terms with his companion would only cause their friendship to wither. And while his pride is sometimes damaged by their arguments or fights, he ignores that and walks back with his head held high to apologise and fix what has been broken. Whenever Sabella is the one at wrong and understands it faster, she'll go to make sure that he isn't angry with her.

Who is more likely to bring home a stray animal?
    xxxxxGiven how much they move around, neither of them have the means to bring back a stray animal. Though, if they settled down to live in a quiet village or somewhere away from danger, it might be Sabella who'd bring home a stray kitten or a small puppy that has nowhere to go. She has a soft spot for animals and while they already have quite a few, she'd be unable to walk past a critter in need. Torsten doesn't blame her for it, though, as he loves animals a lot in general.

Who stays up later?
    xxxxxTorsten. He's the one responsible to make sure no one surprises them whenever the pair journey across the land. He gets less sleep than the princess due to wanting to keep an eye on their makeshift home and defend it if anyone wants to cause them harm. The man is overall more of a night owl than she is.
sylver
Orange Belt

Member Interview

Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:22 pm

• 1. What is your favorite dessert?
        vanilla ice cream, or chocolate cake.

2. What is your favorite color?
        blood red & tyrian purple

3. What is your favorite book?
        the picture of dorian gray by oscar wilde

4. What is your favorite place to be alone?
        as of late, i like to just sit down in the garden at night when everyone else is asleep and stare into the darkness.
        apart from that, i don't really have any places where i'm ever truly "alone" until i finally move out.

5. What is your favorite fictional character?
        dorian pavus from dragon age: inquisition

6. What is your favorite fast food place?
        gonna be boring and go with mcdonald's here

7. What is your favorite movie series/universe?
        lord of the rings & the hobbit

8. What is your favorite class?
        both english and german, although i enjoyed english a tiny bit more

9. What is your favorite game?
        if we're talking video games, right now, red dead redemption 2
        it's also become one of my top three games overall, with the elder scrolls: oblivion taking 1st and dragon age: inquisition taking the 2nd place before it

10. What is your favorite song?
        i don't really have one specific song that's my favourite. right now, i listen to infected by sickick a lot though.

11. What is your favorite genre to roleplay?
        (high) fantasy

12. What is your favorite social media platform?
        instagram

13. What is your favorite style of art?
        if we're speaking in very broad terms of art style, romanticism

14. What is your favorite time period in history?
        uh, probably the 18th & 19th century in general

15. What is your favorite beverage?
        coke, 28 black energy drinks, and the winter edition of red bull
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

AS Afflatus Activity: About Me

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:03 am

1. What is your favorite dessert?
You...you want me to pick? (you are going to get a lot of these answers XD) Uh I mean chocolate is always good. I enjoy a good brownie too. Oh and mint chocolate chip cookies.

Purple. That's the color of my room. Although really I've never hated a color. But I guess purple goes well with my red hair.

looks at shelves of books. yes shelves as in plural Well I enjoyed the Halo series by Alexandra Adornetto. Also yes, Fifty Shades of Grey is pretty high up there. If you want to know the MOST books I have on my shelves, it's the entire Warriors series. Yep, all the way back from like fifth grade when I started reading them.

Honestly sitting in the living room, tuned into the music channel on the tv, and everyone else either gone or asleep...that's what I enjoy.

Uh...I mean I'm really liking Bellamy Blake from the 100. I mean, look at that adorable boy.

Ooh. I love Runza. Don't know what that is? You are missing out my friend. Best fries ever!

Star Wars. Hands down. I mean okay it sort of got funnier when Disney took them over, but Rogue One was perfect in my mind.

So in high school my favorite class was French. Because honestly we didn't learn anything and I took it all four years. All we did was watch movies and make crepes. In college, my favorite was Biology because I just immediately bonded with my teacher and she was so easy. Like she would literally go "okay next class we are having a quiz...so let's go over the five questions I'm going to ask and I'll give you the answers" and she never lied. NEVER. Got a hundred in that class. XD

YOU WANT ME TO PICK JUST ONE AGAIN Alright Detroit Become Human, and Red Dead Redemption 2, and Fallout 4....

Now that I can't tell you because literally I don't know! I mean I'm in love with anything from The Greatest Showman right now. You play that and I'll sing along.

Probably something based off of a fandom. The 100, Hunger Games, The Walking Dead...all of those sorts of things.

I mean...I don't use them for more than keeping in contact with some people. But I use twitter, tumblr, and facebook.

Don't really care.

Uh, I enjoy the early 1900s in terms of a video game setting. But in real life? No idea.

Dr Pepper!
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is still amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora []
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jazzyleia
Silver Belt
House: Vipera

OTP Quiz #1

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:29 am

ImageImage

"That is for sure Nate because he doesn't like to be cold. But it's okay because I'm happy to warm him up, or give him more blankets. Or just let him sleep in his onesie pajama."

"I probably fuss over Nate a lot more than he thinks I do. Because even if I'm away from him, I'm always worrying. Because we live in a world that isn't exactly kind of any of us, and I'm always worried that he is going to be hurt or injured and I won't be there to help him."

3. Who does the cooking?
"Nate. I can't cook anything special."

"Well I would probably be the one finishing Nate's. I mean it isn't that he doesn't eat them, but I'm still working with him on the fact that he doesn't need to worry about his figure or anything. But if it means that much to him, I'm happy to finish off his pizza."

"I don't think either of us would have a problem. Or if we do, I haven't seen a spider yet."

"Nate. Again it goes with that whole image that he thinks he needs to keep brought on by Brad. And it just something that Nate always immediately is apologizing. It's something, again, I'm working on him with."

"We should get a dog. Let's get a dog Nate. I want a dog. We can name it Dogmeat like from Fallout. I don't know who it would be more attached to. I think Nate is more soft with animals."

"Both of us? I mean neither of us are really messy."

"Nate. Yep, Nate."

"Nate again, although I love him for it."

"Maybe me. But I don't think I'm too inappropriate."

"I'd like to say Nate is, but he probably says I'm sillier."

"Didn't you ask this already? Pretty sure I answered Nate."

"Uh...me. Maybe Nate too. I wouldn't be surprised to come home and we have a puppy or something."

15. Who stays up later?
"Me because I love to play video games. But if Nate is staying over, I'll gladly give them up to spend time with Natey."
xxxx
Imagex News: Deer is still amazing!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Roleplays:
Fandom [][∞] Deer [X][∞]
Momo [] Phoenix [X]
Snow [X] Gamora []
Avenoir [] Golden []
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

Member interview

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:39 am

All of them. I'm more partial to fruit based than chocolate but not picky at all.

Green

I can never choose just one!

My bed or the middle of the woods whichever is most accessible.
💤

No idea
🤷‍♀️

None. I work in the industry.
😭

The marvel movie universe is good right now I guess?
🤷‍♀️

Thief..but if you meant in school then history or comparative religion.

Right now harvest moon light of hope on switch.
I think I'm up to 80ish hours on it now

Don't have one. I might have sixty but I don't have one.
🎶

Romance, slice of life and some kinky stuff too I guess?
I'm mostly boring.

I have FB. I dont like it.
😒

All of it?
🤷‍♀️

Nope. Like history in general but never found a favorite period.
Am I weird?
🤔

Good ol' tap water and diet pepsi take the top two slots. Which is which depends on the day.
I can't drink regular colas I get headaches from them.
Grengirl
Bronze Belt
House: Sagacitas

OTP quizz

Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:54 am

Knut & Marion

Knut doesn't mind the cold as much as Marion to the point he teases Marion about being cold all the time. He would just give the blanket over even if he was cold.

Knut tries to look out for Marion even when he needs to be fussing over himself. Lucky for him Marion is quite capable of fussing over him too.

3. Who does the cooking?
Both have cooked for the other. Not sure who is the better chef to be honest.

Marion would give them to one of the zoo.

Probably Knut.

Both are quite forgivingthough Knut doesn't forget easily.

7. Who is the pet more attached to?
Most of the zoo is strongly attached to Marion though Knut does have Rece and Gin.

Knut is very organized and likes things in set places.

Marion is more likely to cry openly.

Probably Knut. He'd want to look perfect and smell just right. Getting fur free in a house filled with animals is hard to do.

Knut but rarely is it intentional.

Marion is intentionally silly.

Knut is constantly apologising for something! He has apologised for the weather among other things he has no control over.

Marion.

15. Who stays up later?
Knut while he is struggling over his assignments at least.
Gamora.
Black Belt

Member Interview

Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:21 am

• 1. What is your favorite dessert?
      It really depends on my mood, but usually anything with chocolate. And I really love cheesecake.
      Purple and green.
      That's hard but I love Perks of Being a Wallflower and the Twilight series.
      In my bedroom cuddling with the cats.
      Gamora. No surprise there lol.
      McDonalds probably. and Tim Hortons.
      Marvel obviously.
      It was English when I was in school.
      Video game is The Last of Us. Card game is Five Crowns. Board game is Catan.
      I have wayyy too many I could never answer that.
      Sci-fi and post apocalyptic but I like doing fandom roleplays a lot.
      Instagram probably.
      I don't really have one I like it all.
      Anywhere from 40s-90s honestly. Probably because I listen to that era of music a lot.
      Alcoholic is rum. Regular is Pepsi.
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      xx
      ↠ in the darkest times, hope ───────

just a twenty year old cat mom who spends too
      much time crying over fandoms. honestly im just
      marvel and avatar trash. my pms are always open

───── is something you give yourself ↞
Spiritstar3
Bronze Belt
Location: Did the CCG catch me? No, I'm with my precious tiger baby, and Muratas bein a creeper in the corner.

AS Afflatus 20 Member Interview

Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:22 am

I can’t have much anymore, but Ice cream cake and gluten free donuts are amazing.

Purple.

Ender’s Game.

Outside, or the bathroom (lol). Parents bathroom, bc for some reason i only get Internet signal in that one.

Shion from Number 6.

Chik-fil-a, bc grilled nuggets.

Ender’s Game, bc Supernatural is a TV series, not movie.

Not in school anymore.

Video games, lol. I like Okami and Pokemon.

Rivers in the Desert, from Persona 5.

Fandoms, or animals.

YouTube? i don’t really go on Facebook anymore. I got a bit bored of Tumblr...

Anime, some realistic are really good though.

I don’t actually really know.

Tea, actually, especially peach.